Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 12, 2014 10:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol sensei still teaching that class.

The honey and bee with pheromone motifs were interesting I guess. A lot of built up this episode. Ah, Azuma you made up your mind now after everything huh? This should be interesting. AZUMA declares her card.

Nio's theme song is quite catchy though imo.
Jun 12, 2014 12:32 PM
Mar 2014
omg wtf i thougt tokaku wasnt part of the assasination attempt no more
Jun 12, 2014 1:04 PM

Dec 2012
LaCrayCray said:
omg wtf i thougt tokaku wasnt part of the assasination attempt no more

So she didn't like Haru betraying her eh? I figured that was going to be the twist. The episode isn't subbed yet so I have to wait. But I figured as much. I'm guessing it has to do with the "queen bee" power eh? I was 50/50 myself. I kind of thought Tokaku was going to forgive her considering the relationship build up. But I guess not. Kind of sucks but hopefully it makes the show go out with a bang.

EDIT: DAMNIT and I have to wait till tomorrow at 2PM EST before I can get the ep subbed. This SUCKS!
xPreatorianxJun 12, 2014 1:09 PM
Jun 12, 2014 2:01 PM

May 2013
Hmm... thats why I hate to watch Raw version, almost can't understand anything. My wish got granted, Tokaku is trying to kill Haru. I am so excited. :)
Up to 8/10 for me.
Sleepy-ltJun 12, 2014 3:16 PM
Jun 12, 2014 4:28 PM

Dec 2012
Damn that sucks! I didn't want tokaku and Haru to go at it. They better make up for it with a REALLY good fight. If this is happening, Haru better go all yandere on her or something. That's the only way it will make up for it. If we are going for "the bad end" I want to see them tear each other limb from limb. Not Haru bitch her way out of it or just Tokaku being the one that get's really serious. I want to see a really evil side of Haru since we are going down this route.

Oh well... I actually liked the TokakuxHaru relationship. (ya I know. But I'm a romance junkie at heart and when a series goes down that road, I expect something good out of it. Not really a fan of series that start a relationship between two characters especially ones I like only to rip it away from you at the end. Which is exactly what they are doing.)

But like I said, considering they are doing the bad end, I'm going to be pissed if something happens and either Tokaku pussies out, or Haru pussies out. Or stays acting like she has been thus far.

PS: DAMN THEY NEED TO HURRY UP WITH THE SUB! Raws are out now! SUB IT!!!
Jun 12, 2014 6:41 PM

Dec 2012
i saw that plot twist coming... i hope a good fight for the next episode.
Jun 12, 2014 10:29 PM

Feb 2010
Well...worker bee has more self-conscious than puppet after all, even if Tokaku was influence by the queen-bee ability, though it will be better if Tokaku protect Haru out of her own will.
...Is that real Tokaku in the end? what if Nio's ability is to creat illusion, the scene she touch Haru's hand is a bit suspicious...
Nio's backstory may be reavealed in next episode...

...It has revealed that Kurogumi class is a test to Haru, but why did Kaiba sent Tokaku to Kurogumi class? Did the reason also has something to do with Takaku's family and her past? if so, then will it also involve Haru's family?
YangbojianJun 12, 2014 11:03 PM
Jun 12, 2014 11:38 PM

Feb 2008
Tokaku won't be able to killed but it seem like she had to do like this to look for her answer.
She still confused why she want to protect Ichinose Haru.

How will plot moved from here on? :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 13, 2014 10:36 AM
Mar 2013
Tokaku was surprised at Ataru (the homeroom teacher) behind her and wondered why she didn't notice him (Eps. 1), which gave us a kind of impression that he could be one of the persons concerned even he seemed just a normal teacher.
But the truth was that Tokaku forgot to pay attention to her surroundings because she was absorbed in watching Haru happily reading the student directory.
htsujiJun 13, 2014 11:20 AM
Jun 13, 2014 12:44 PM

Jul 2010
The classroom having only 3 people seemed sad
Learning about the true nature of the black class from the orientation. A bit surprised on the relation to the chairperson.
Tokaku's doubt whether she was manipulated through the entire trial.
Tokaku's speech to Haru then that happened. Don't know what Tokaku is thinking after saying that.
The tension!!! All of Nio's glares, wonder if Nio would do anything more.
Jun 13, 2014 1:01 PM

May 2013
Once I saw that Tokaku was looking at that letter, I knew that she was gonna try to killer her. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jun 13, 2014 1:03 PM

Dec 2012
Oh yes,finally. Thank you,Tokaku.
If even Tokaku will die and Haru will be the only survivor I'm gonna be very mad.
Jun 13, 2014 1:14 PM

May 2014
Maybe Nio had that "queen bee" power and hypnotized Tokaku...
Please don't die Haru ;_;
Jun 13, 2014 1:34 PM
Jan 2014
So Ataru was teaching Black Class about bees, interesting.
I can see that Tokaku is very confused.
I get the chills every time Nio smiles. Those teeth make her look very evil.
We learned the true intention of Black Class.
A bit sad that so many people had died for that cause, especially Haru's family.
The relationship between Tokaku and Haru isn't strong or meaningful enough.
Damn that Kaiba is a very weird character.
I was expecting some form of revelation in this episode, but definitely didn't expect that Tokaku would go after Haru.
Jun 13, 2014 1:42 PM

Jul 2010
Unexpected change of heart... No >.<
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Jun 13, 2014 1:42 PM

Dec 2012
LordoftheToilets said:
Maybe Nio had that "queen bee" power and hypnotized Tokaku...
Please don't die Haru ;_;

Actually I think your part right. Nio doesn't have the power but when she said she would come back for Haru later, she met up with Tokaku and let her down into the cemetery as a "final right of passage" for Haru. (by the chairwomans order of course) If Haru wins this, she deserves to be the next Primer. After all from what Nio said and her relationship with the chairman, she serves the current primer. Which means that if Haru fully graduates she will inevitably serve Haru unless the chair woman pits them against each other.

Also for those thinking Haru is going to get killed by Tokaku - I don't think she will. This entire series has turned out to be a test for the next Primer, Haru. So either Haru is going to end up killing her, Tokaku will stop and just let things be after a bit of a fight, or Haru will just accept her fate and Tokaku will still stop.

Either way, I don't think Haru is going to die. As this entire series is centered around grooming her to be the next Primer.

If Tokaku does die and she doesn't die at the hands of Haru, it will be at the hands of Nio considering she serves the current primer. Then either the chairwoman will step down at the end, or take Haru under her as a student to continue grooming her and Nio will serve as her protector. As Nio has never gotten into the fights directly either.

But that's what I think. Either Tokaku lives and serves Haru, Nio kills Tokaku, or Haru kills Tokaku. I just don't see Nio getting killed. Unless of course Nio fights for Haru and she dies and thus Tokaku decides to serve Haru. As Nio just got her end theme without an assassination letter. So I doubt she is going to fight Haru herself. So it's all depends on whether she intervenes against Tokaku and Haru. Oh and what Tokaku decides to do after a bit of fighting.

PS: But this kind of pissed me off. Didn't expect Tokaku to turn like this. I was still hoping she would take the "it wasn't Haru's fault" road. Considering everything Haru said. But I'm STILL hoping Tokaku ends up protecting Haru in the end. Basically protecting her as she becomes the next Primer. Considering Nio is the Chairwomans protector/slave basically.
xPreatorianxJun 13, 2014 1:46 PM
Jun 13, 2014 1:49 PM

Jun 2014
I can't help but to think that Nio said only members of Haru's clan can come down and also there's no rule as to what you can write on the message. Also she's wielding a sword...?
I have a feeling it's Nio using a puppet maybe.

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jun 13, 2014 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
Instant fav ED of the whole series. Nio will forever be my best girl on ANR. Nanjo Yoshino sounds beautiful as always<3

Anyway, i kinda expected that twist since the latest ep but still, it got thrusted all on my face all of sudden and i just went all wtf-ing LOL
Expect some angst for the next episode. Well, i guess.. well it wouldn't be surprising anyway, just see it coming.
Jun 13, 2014 1:55 PM

Dec 2012
junpants said:
I can't help but to think that Nio said only members of Haru's clan can come down and also there's no rule as to what you can write on the message. Also she's wielding a sword...?
I have a feeling it's Nio using a puppet maybe.

Well it could be. But this entire episode it looked like Tokaku was slowly going down the road that she just went to. She looked like she was pissed off at being betrayed. So while it could be Nio using a puppet, I don't think it is. Nio already had her end theme without an assassination letter. Plus she has never directly participated. And her tattoos really don't remind you of someone with the mastery over puppets. (she is more of a servant towards the current primer. So unless ordered she stays out of the fray.)

I loved this episode even though it kind of pissed me off. But I guess I'll see how much I like the ending over the next two episodes. As I've already said I still want Tokaku and haru to be together. So my scoring in the end will be based on that. Unless they really make it a stellar ending without doing that end.

BUT IT SUCKS WE HAVE TO WAIT A FULL WEEK!!! I'm already dieing for the next episode!!!
Jun 13, 2014 1:59 PM

Jun 2012
Did the series just became good? Wtf. I have to change my whole view on this series. Do the creators have any idea, how much work and effort it is to reject prejudices? I guess they wanted to torture me after all. Damn that script writing. So annoying. My protocol doesn't have any answer yet on how to deal with those kinds of situations.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Jun 13, 2014 2:00 PM

Sep 2009
I thought they'll have to fight Nio first but no. So now I wonder how they'll end all this
Jun 13, 2014 2:25 PM

Dec 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I thought they'll have to fight Nio first but no. So now I wonder how they'll end all this

Well I think if Nio is still going to fight, it's going to be against Tokaku because the chairwoman wants Haru alive considering she has proven that she is a capable Primer. That is if Haru and Tokaku don't work things out somehow next episode.

Now excuse me, I'm going into hibernation till next Friday! :P.
Jun 13, 2014 2:28 PM

Mar 2014
First things first, the OST in this episode was just fantastic.
Tokaku becoming the assassin was expected.
It'll be interesting if Nio will be protecting Haru next episode. Oh how the roles have switched.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 13, 2014 2:28 PM

Oct 2010
but what happened to Otoya from the last episode????
Jun 13, 2014 2:34 PM

Dec 2012
Atikal said:
but what happened to Otoya from the last episode????

I kind of think she was just fanservice or something. But I could be horribly wrong given how everything has changed now. But it sucks it had to get really good on the last 2 episodes. And I doubt there's going to be a season 2.

BTW is this based on a Light Novel? Or just a Manga? As the manga is way behind which is why I'm asking. I'm wondering if they are just going their own route with the story or if there's a Light Novel that hey have been following.
xPreatorianxJun 13, 2014 2:37 PM
Jun 13, 2014 2:37 PM

Feb 2014
Still waiting to know who Nio really is and why is she half shark and still cute. And the whole Primer thing, one thing I have to say about that is that it sounds like just a person with a great attitude towards life and nothing more. They make it sound like having a great attitude is a bad thing in this world. Seriously, if I knew a girl as happy as Haru I wouldn't mind hanging out with her at all. But apparently it is something special.

♪All his life has been, a roller coaster ride of dream
No time for looking back, forgetting who or what
His song is all that he leaves behind,
On silent nights I hear him still, whistling a tune I know so well
Gun in hand, rose in another, He's Lupin the 3rd♪

Jun 13, 2014 2:39 PM

Dec 2012
komet3 said:
Still waiting to know who Nio really is and why is she half shark and still cute. And the whole Primer thing, one thing I have to say about that is that it sounds like just a person with a great attitude towards life and nothing more. They make it sound like having a great attitude is a bad thing in this world. Seriously, if I knew a girl as happy as Haru I wouldn't mind hanging out with her at all. But apparently it is something special.

It's deeper then that. Which is why they also call it the Queen Bee power. It goes far deeper then just a normal everyday "high on life, in good spirits, easy going, and easy to talk to" type attitude. This power is just like how the Queen Bee controls her hive. Which is why they keep making that connection.

I mean I guarantee all of us wouldn't mind hanging with a girl like Haru. But as I said the clan's power goes much deeper then that.
Jun 13, 2014 2:45 PM

Mar 2014
It seems like when the chairwoman was explaining the situation to them she implied that every other assassin that participated in Class Black was dead. I know we saw 5 legitimately die but i kinda suspected the others wouldn't be able to just walk away. It kinda sucks for them since some had wishes to do other things other than just being an assassin. When Tokaku was in the shower and had the flashbacks of all of them it really did seem like this was a montage of some of their best moments. Shame they all had to die for some contest....
Jun 13, 2014 3:06 PM

Apr 2012
Love that ED.

The hell, why did it have to end on a cliffhanger. Now I can't wait for the next episode.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 13, 2014 3:26 PM
Nov 2010
Phoenix1220 said:
It seems like when the chairwoman was explaining the situation to them she implied that every other assassin that participated in Class Black was dead. I know we saw 5 legitimately die but i kinda suspected the others wouldn't be able to just walk away. It kinda sucks for them since some had wishes to do other things other than just being an assassin. When Tokaku was in the shower and had the flashbacks of all of them it really did seem like this was a montage of some of their best moments. Shame they all had to die for some contest....

I doubt the ones who left died. that was proven by the fact that the scissor girl came back for whatever reason. If they were killed after they failed she wouldn't of be able to come back
MrJcJun 13, 2014 3:29 PM
Jun 13, 2014 3:29 PM
Oct 2008
Thank God only 2 Episodes of this crap left
Jun 13, 2014 3:39 PM

Jul 2010
Nio best girl end of story.Also, i tought that EDs in this show can't get any better, but they just did with Nio's ED.
I don't think Tokaku will be able to kill Haru tho.She's probably going to have some sudden flashback or w/e while Haru kills her by accident or something like that.Well, anyways we will see.
Jun 13, 2014 4:08 PM

Apr 2013
That episode was good. I really like Nio and that ED.
Jun 13, 2014 4:16 PM
Jul 2018
The classroom only had three people remains.

I never expected that Tokaku plan to kill Ichinose.
Jun 13, 2014 4:40 PM

May 2012
Plot twist! Naw I saw this coming.

Still a pretty good episode. Seems like Tokaku wasn't protecting Haru because she wanted to. But because of her queen bee ability. I think Nio has a bigger role to play then just being the chairwoman's lapdog. Wonder how the fight between Tokaku and Haru going to play out. My guess is that time is going to run out, but who knows.

4/5
Jun 13, 2014 4:42 PM

Jul 2013
Best ED
Jun 13, 2014 4:44 PM

Jul 2012
plot twist? expected? who the $#@ cares!? the yuri romance is in shambles!! At this point, all I want to happen is for Tokaku and Ichinose to make up, kiss, and escape all this madness
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Jun 13, 2014 5:09 PM

Dec 2010
Maybe Nio is actually the one with the Primer ability? It would be an interesting twist although i don't know how exactly it would work.

Tokaku is beginning to doubt her reasons for protecting Haru. There was some very nice music in the background when Tokaku was confronting Haru in the graveyard!

The truth behind Black Class is actually quite interesting, but I'm curious how Nio fits in with all this, and what's with all those marks on her body? However, she did imply that not all the things the clan does are bad. Perhaps Haru can take over the clan, and make it to a force for good?

I really like Nio's Ed. I wonder who we will get in the next two episodes? Poor Shiena never got one...
Jun 13, 2014 5:15 PM

Aug 2010
I waited a whole week to watch this and now Tokaku is betraying Haru? What the hell man, stop killing off my ships.

It was a cool twist and all that, but I just want them to be happy. ): Happy TOGETHER.
Jun 13, 2014 5:37 PM

Nov 2013
How did haru survive the 12 assassins she asks. Very good question.
Jun 13, 2014 5:38 PM

Dec 2012
cyclone1993 said:
Maybe Nio is actually the one with the Primer ability? It would be an interesting twist although i don't know how exactly it would work.

Tokaku is beginning to doubt her reasons for protecting Haru. There was some very nice music in the background when Tokaku was confronting Haru in the graveyard!

The truth behind Black Class is actually quite interesting, but I'm curious how Nio fits in with all this, and what's with all those marks on her body? However, she did imply that not all the things the clan does are bad. Perhaps Haru can take over the clan, and make it to a force for good?

I really like Nio's Ed. I wonder who we will get in the next two episodes? Poor Shiena never got one...

How would that work? So far she has no relation to Haru's clan and if she had the primer ability, then she wouldn't be by the chairwoman considering the chairwoman is the current primer. There can be only 1 primer aka Queen Bee. That's how the clan is setup.(that's also why it's called Queen bee power as well.) But when they do the black class, it's to put the next primer candidate through her paces and see if she can make it out. Thus she would then become the next primer either after graduation, after being groomed by the current prime, or once the current primer dies(of course till she dies Haru would be her student. Basically in every instance if the current primer was alive, she would step down, or the candidate would receive the title upon her death.)

Unless they throw out the current established information of this episode and basically the series up to this point now, there can only be technically two primers. The one already at the head of the clan aka the chairwoman and the primer that is going through initiation aka Haru. Again unless something changes Nio seems to be nothing more than a protector, servant, etc to the primer that is currently in power. Now like I mentioned a page back, she could intervene in Tokaku and Haru's fight and protect Haru. Thus becoming Haru's new right hand. Which is kind of what I think is going to happen. Unless of course Tokaku and Haru make up and Tokaku becomes her right hand again and stays with her like Nio does with the chairwoman. Or Tokaku and Haru say fuck it all and leave.

But considering this new twist, I'm kind of hoping Haru becomes the new Primer and Tokaku becomes her protector again. Thus the two "clans" unite. Haru takes her place at the top of the empire and Tokaku keeps her safe. Of course after the chairwoman grooms Haru.

Mukkura said:
I waited a whole week to watch this and now Tokaku is betraying Haru? What the hell man, stop killing off my ships.

It was a cool twist and all that, but I just want them to be happy. ): Happy TOGETHER.

I agree. I'm still holding out on them two getting back together. I've been shipping those two from the beginning as well. No other pair really makes sense except the ones established already in the series. (such as ChitaruXHitsugi)
xPreatorianxJun 13, 2014 5:44 PM
Jun 13, 2014 5:39 PM

Mar 2014
Well I saw that coming. T_T

Happy ending please?
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jun 13, 2014 5:43 PM

May 2008
Predictable ending.

i hope Haru and Tokaku survive, at least
Jun 13, 2014 5:47 PM

Dec 2012
Psyche_Izaya said:
Predictable ending.

i hope Haru and Tokaku survive, at least

How did you see that coming? I honestly don't think it was predictable at all. But maybe that's just me. Well I guess you could say it was predictable by the type of anime it is. So ya... I guess your right.

EDIT: Kind of offtopic - I'm really hoping the BDs are uncensored! I'm definitely going to watch the BDs for this series unless they REALLY screw up the ending.
Jun 13, 2014 6:10 PM

Aug 2013
"Therefore, the world is full of yuri."

That's the right answer :D

Didn't Tokaku rip off her advance notice or did she use her reward to get another one? We still have two episodes left so I doubt Tokaku's the final boss. I really hope the next episode won't be sappy though.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 13, 2014 6:16 PM

Nov 2009
Tokaku you little shit. I knew that this sort of a twist was coming, but I still really enjoyed the episode.
Jun 13, 2014 7:04 PM

Aug 2013
Nio defiantly has some ulterior motive.
My Candies:
Jun 13, 2014 7:19 PM

Jan 2011
Why is there a card in Tokaku's drawer? Didn't she rip the card in 2nd episode ? Did she get a new one from Nio ?
Jun 13, 2014 7:34 PM

Jul 2012
Tables have turned: Haru vs. Tokaku! D:
Damn...what a plot twist....
Well, it was expected right? I mean, Tokaku now knows the truth of Haru, so the only way is to fulfill her duty as an assassin and to kill her target....

But...they were having a good relationship! D:
Oh well....next 2 episodes are going to be awesome! xD
Jun 13, 2014 7:39 PM
Apr 2014
Stark700 said:

Nio's theme song is quite catchy though imo.

Dude Shes the singer of fripside
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

129 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

124 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

179 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

369 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 29, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.