Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 26, 2008 4:55 PM
Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome episode. I really love Noe!! But why do I have this very strong feeling that the main guy's gonna end up with Hiromi? No, I'm still rooting with Noe. Anyway, awesome episode!!
Jan 26, 2008 5:53 PM
Jan 2008
Rainulf said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome episode. I really love Noe!! But why do I have this very strong feeling that the main guy's gonna end up with Hiromi? No, I'm still rooting with Noe. Anyway, awesome episode!!
really! i reckon he would go for noe in the end!~
Jan 27, 2008 1:51 AM

May 2007
Rainulf said:
why do I have this very strong feeling that the main guy's gonna end up with Hiromi?

I have the same feeling. But I don't care if he ends up with Hiromi, Noe or even Ai. XD
And I really wonder what happened with Shinichiro's mother and Hiromi's parents... If I remember correctly, she says in this episode that Hiromi has the same eyes as her mother. It looks like we will learn more about that in the next episode. :D
Jan 27, 2008 8:30 AM

Dec 2007
Same here, I don't care if he ends up with Aiko, Noe, or Hiromi because I like them all. Well, of course I like one more than the other but it was nice watching Shin's interactions with all three of them.

It sends in a cliffhanger once again. Looking forward to the next episode!~
TaksunJan 27, 2008 2:53 PM
Jan 27, 2008 1:42 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Another awesome episode, all the girls were awesome. Ai-chan, Hiromi and of course Noe, too. :D

I burst out in laughter when she actually ate the chicken food and made this face. xD

Shin's HAI~?! at end was hilarious, too. The preivew left me waiting anxiously for the next episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 27, 2008 1:52 PM

Jan 2007
Noe~

I loved the face when she ate the chicken feed. It was so cute. Great episode overall.
Jan 27, 2008 2:07 PM

Apr 2007
Loved the Miyokichi with Aiko scene. I support that pairing the most in this anime.
Jan 27, 2008 2:22 PM

Dec 2007
Another really awesome episode...it just doesn't stop.

I'm not sure if Hiromi just trapped herself in a lie or was telling the truth about liking Noe's brother anymore, at first I figured she just lied, but she came up with so much information suddenly that it's really hard to tell for sure now.

I really like Noe's brother (Jun, was it?), it looks like he's going to bring a lot more to the series from here on out. This show has such a crazy pace that it's impossible to tell what's going to happen anymore, but all of the characters seem really realistic (even Noe is just weird enough to seem real instead of impossible.)
世界は美しくなんかない。 そしてそれ故に、美しい
Jan 27, 2008 2:52 PM

Dec 2007
MM805 said:
Loved the Miyokichi with Aiko scene. I support that pairing the most in this anime.

Same here, that scene was beautiful but it seems Aiko has an interest in Shinichiro as well.
Jan 27, 2008 3:01 PM

Oct 2007
Mariem said:
And I really wonder what happened with Shinichiro's mother and Hiromi's parents... If I remember correctly, she says in this episode that Hiromi has the same eyes as her mother. It looks like we will learn more about that in the next episode. :D

Yeah shinichiro's mother is being a bitch towards hiromi for something her parents had done, which really sucks. In the preview for the next episode it was the mother saying to not walk outside with him or something right? I couldn't recognize the voice 100% but since it was showing the parents picture at the time...

I'm leaning towards that they will have him end up with hiromi at the end, unless they take a huge turn which is quite possible since we're only four episodes in.

Really looking forward to the next one now, more than I have the other times.
Jan 27, 2008 3:16 PM

Oct 2007
^_^ another great episode

some great comedy moments with the chicken feed Noe ate & at the end when her brother ask him to go out with her......

"WHAT!" XD

Looking forward to th next episode!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2008 3:35 PM

Sep 2007
Reasons this episode is absolutely amazing:

1.) Noe's face after eating the "sky food"
2.) Hiromi laughing in the bathroom
3.) Aiko blushing and pulling Miyokichi across the street

I'm quite happy with the way this anime is turning out so far. I'd been looking forward to it since I first saw the trailer near the end of fall season, and I'm happy that it has yet to disappoint me!

P.S. Apparently everyone else loved this episode as much as I did, since at the time of posting, all 10 votes gave this episode a 5 out of 5.
Jan 27, 2008 3:36 PM

Aug 2007
The drama is great(Shin/Hiromi conversation made of win!)...even better how it flowed well with some of the comedic aspects of the episode (eating bird feed and drowning Shin). Love how the way the love triangle is working out. They took Ai-chan out of the running, or at least I think they did.

Looks like next episode will explain the internal affairs going on between the mom and Hiromi, even get a nice picture of Noe licking Shin's face...

Looking forward to the next episode, [m33w] rocks!

Jan 27, 2008 4:10 PM

Jun 2007
These are my thoughts on this episode: First of all, does the brother have a thing for his sister? It seemed like he was wanting to hold part of her face in his hand when he was helping her with the helmet.

Second and lastly, maybe the reason Shin's mother doesn't like Hiromi is because her husband had an affair with Hiromi's mother?

Both of these are just speculation, I'm probably wrong. But that's what my mind was thinking while watching this episode.

Jan 27, 2008 4:10 PM

Aug 2007
Really liking this series. Kinda feel bad for Ai but she can't lead the guy on just because she doesn't want to hurt his feelings..
Jan 27, 2008 4:19 PM

Sep 2007
cosmonaut said:
These are my thoughts on this episode: First of all, does the brother have a thing for his sister? It seemed like he was wanting to hold part of her face in his hand when he was helping her with the helmet.

Second and lastly, maybe the reason Shin's mother doesn't like Hiromi is because her husband had an affair with Hiromi's mother?

Both of these are just speculation, I'm probably wrong. But that's what my mind was thinking while watching this episode.

Yea, I noticed that helmet scene too, not sure what the deal is with it, but my initial thoughts were the same as yours.

Also, that's a nice guess on the Hiromi situation, we did see a picture with a womans face cut out of it in the preview, and Shinichirous mother commented how hiromi had eyes like her mother.
Jan 27, 2008 4:32 PM

Oct 2007
just 3 words

noe is moe...
Jan 27, 2008 5:04 PM

Jun 2007
cosmonaut said:

Just what I was gonna say.
The impression I got from this ep was as followed.

1) Hiromi likes Shinichirou but lied to her friends and him about liking number 4. Possibly because she wants him to communicate with her more since before he never ever said more then hello or goodbye to her. This kind of backfired and he now avoids her. As you can see she almost cries when he points out what he thinks is going on.

2) Number 4 has feelings for his own sister. He showed them, both when the grandma said she would take away Noe's tears and when Noe was talking about Shinichirou. I think the only reason he asked him to go out with her was becuse he felt it was the only way to make her happy.

3) Hiromi might be the illegitimate child of Shinichirou's Dad and Hiromi's mom. This would explain why Shinichirou's mom shows hostility towards her and gets angry when Shinichirou's Dad mentions her now being part of the family.

Its only a guess but I have a feeling Shinichirou's dad was going out with Hiromi's mom before and got her pregnant without knowing. Then they broke up probably because they realized they liked other people. Shinichirou's dad then got married to his current wife and she got pregnant with Shinichirou. Meanwhile Hiromi's mom probably got married and then found out she was pregnant. When Hiromi's born I bet she finds out its really Shinichirou's Dad's baby and tells him. Which then leads to the current wife finding out and becoming angry.

This is kind of how this current story is heading with Shinichirou, Hiromi, Noe, and Ai. Honestly I hope what I said above is not true since I want to see Hiromi and Shinichirou end up together and not become brother and sister.

Jan 27, 2008 5:09 PM

Sep 2007
Awesome episode indeed, im starting to take a great liking into this series :D
Can't wait for more x3

Jan 27, 2008 5:16 PM

Oct 2007
cosmonaut said:

I saw the face touch as well. My theory is that he's been looking out for her for so long after grandma died that he developed a bit of a complex.

As far as Ai goes, she still might be crushing on Shin but she is warming up to Miyo. She blushed way too much for her not to like Miyo at all. I think she will learn not to like Shin and get blindsided by her growing affections.

I loved how Hiromi actually had a nice moment with Shin laughing. That was so unexpected. She might be caught up in a lie but I think she can get to know Shin better and relax more this way. Perhaps through those means they can bond.

Speaking of Hiromi, I suspected that some kind of affair might have happened as well or that one of her parents was really close to Shin's dad. I think the mom is either jealous or is over protective of her son.

Noe had some good character development. She wasn't annoying in today's episode. She's a good girl, albeit cooky.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Jan 27, 2008 5:26 PM

Aug 2007
Wow. Great episode indeed. Noe ftw. XD
Jan 27, 2008 6:00 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
DeathfireD said:
1) Hiromi likes Shinichirou but lied to her friends and him about liking number 4. [...]

2) Number 4 has feelings for his own sister. [...]

3) Hiromi might be the illegitimate child of Shinichirou's Dad and Hiromi's mom. [...]

[...] This is kind of how this current story is heading with Shinichirou, Hiromi, Noe, and Ai. Honestly I hope what I said above is not true since I want to see Hiromi and Shinichirou end up together and not become brother and sister.
Sorry, cut out a lot of what you said to save space, but...

I agree completely! The first point I'm a little shaky on. Last episode I would have agreed completely, but it was weird hearing her go on about #4 in the beginning of the episode. Your second point is something I also got as well, and he may be pushing Noe onto Shin to make her happy and to keep her away from him. Your third point is also what I can't help but think, but don't want it to happen either. As if Shin doesn't have enough problems trying to get Hiromi as it is.

This would mean the relationships in this show are completely messed up, but if nothing else, I have no idea what's going to happen next, so it could be a point in its favor?

One thing I didn't like ... Ai being all "Shin!" while dating Miyokichi. He really cares about her, and I wonder if he doesn't suspect a little. I like Miyokichi as a character, and it really just makes me want to smack her.
Jan 27, 2008 6:22 PM

Nov 2007
Awesome episode for all 3 girls.

Im still figuring out who Im rooting for, its pretty difficult to tell who Shin is going to end up with. Right now I think they are all pretty equal right now, can't wait for the next episode.

The last scene with Shinchiro's sudden "NANE", kind of startled me...
\
Jan 27, 2008 6:35 PM

Jun 2007
Kineta said:
DeathfireD said:
1) Hiromi likes Shinichirou but lied to her friends and him about liking number 4. [...]

3) Hiromi might be the illegitimate child of Shinichirou's Dad and Hiromi's mom. [...]

[...] This is kind of how this current story is heading with Shinichirou, Hiromi, Noe, and Ai. Honestly I hope what I said above is not true since I want to see Hiromi and Shinichirou end up together and not become brother and sister.

I agree completely! The first point I'm a little shaky on. Last episode I would have agreed completely, but it was weird hearing her go on about #4 in the beginning of the episode. Your second point is something I also got as well, and he may be pushing Noe onto Shin to make her happy and to keep her away from him. Your third point is also what I can't help but think, but don't want it to happen either. As if Shin doesn't have enough problems trying to get Hiromi as it is.

This would mean the relationships in this show are completely messed up, but if nothing else, I have no idea what's going to happen next, so it could be a point in its favor?

One thing I didn't like ... Ai being all "Shin!" while dating Miyokichi. He really cares about her, and I wonder if he doesn't suspect a little. I like Miyokichi as a character, and it really just makes me want to smack her.

As much as I love Hiromi, she's a lier. Shes good at lying, that's what she does and thats who she is. Remember the episode she was trying to be friends with Noe? She was pretty good at not showing her true intentions and she was pretty good at lying to Shin about it too. She also lies to her friends by putting on fake smiles and misleading them. So I have full confidence that she's good at making up lies and fake story's out of the blue. She may go out with number 4 but not because she likes him.

I agree, I think Ai has made it pretty apparent that she has feelings for Shin. I think Miyokichi just realized this and has been trying harder to appeal to her romantically. It seems like shes slowly growing to like him though and hopefully they stay together. So I don't really see her hooking up with Shin anytime. She will probably tell him how she feels later on or he finds out causing a bit of drama, but I still don't really see her hooking up with Shin.
Jan 27, 2008 9:16 PM

Jun 2007
at the risk of sounding cheesy
but still say it
Noe is Moe(pause)ee >3<
and yes Hiromi lied, she likes shin(so what possible half bro sis incest dealie). Noe is the most truthful and naive but not naive to the point of being annoying. Noe likes Shin but well she doesnt know about that yet.
So guessin that Shin goes out with Noe in exchange to Jun talking to Hiromi causing Hiromi to say the last line in the preview busybody boys are like fools.

Ah right Ai-chan is a cutie as well
and she did what hiromi tried to do by getting close to Noe to be near Shin but with Shin's best friend(i probably wont remember his name at all)
Jan 27, 2008 10:02 PM

Aug 2007
DeathfireD said:
Kineta said:
DeathfireD said:

As much as I love Hiromi, she's a lier. Shes good at lying, that's what she does and thats who she is. Remember the episode she was trying to be friends with Noe? She was pretty good at not showing her true intentions and she was pretty good at lying to Shin about it too. She also lies to her friends by putting on fake smiles and misleading them. So I have full confidence that she's good at making up lies and fake story's out of the blue. She may go out with number 4 but not because she likes him.

I agree, I think Ai has made it pretty apparent that she has feelings for Shin. I think Miyokichi just realized this and has been trying harder to appeal to her romantically. It seems like shes slowly growing to like him though and hopefully they stay together. So I don't really see her hooking up with Shin anytime. She will probably tell him how she feels later on or he finds out causing a bit of drama, but I still don't really see her hooking up with Shin.

Hiromi is not a pathological liar. Her words are fueled by her emotions and some problems that she have that we don't know about yet. Lying isn't who she is, but something that she does in order to protect herself from something. What that something is, well we'll probably find that out in the future episodes.

Ai will be taken out of the running (it looks like she gave up to me) to help further develop the Shin/Hiromi/Noe triangle. She might become more of a "senpai" to Shin and help him out with some of his problems. This is just speculation on some of the things I saw in the episode, try not to miscount that what I'm saying is actually factual.

What makes this show great right now is that the drama is fueled by deep character interactions/relationships. Hiromi is probably lying not because of some superficial reason, but something that probably deeply affected her in the past.

Let's wait until the series finishes until we start labeling characters who haven't been fully fleshed out yet.
Jan 27, 2008 11:02 PM

Sep 2007
my speculations are very similar to everyone else ..

The comment made by Shin's mother about Hiromi having the same eyes as her mother made me think that Shin's father had an affair with Hiromi's mother and maybe she is his child.

Jun appears to be a bit jealous of Shin and there looks to be some hidden feelings there, especially when he wanted to stroke her face as he snapping Noe's helmet :( .. he probably asks Shin to date Noe because he believes his feelings are wrong.

While it looks like Ai doesn't have as close a relationship than the other two girls (seems that way probably because she doesnt have as much screen time as the other two), we shouldn't count her out. If anything depressing happens to Shin, he would probably run to her or vice versa and then maybe something might happen :O
xo_cl2Jan 27, 2008 11:09 PM
Jan 28, 2008 12:20 AM

Nov 2007
PimpToad said:
Hiromi is not a pathological liar. Her words are fueled by her emotions and some problems that she have that we don't know about yet. Lying isn't who she is, but something that she does in order to protect herself from something. What that something is, well we'll probably find that out in the future episodes.

I can't agree with you there after the first episode. Shin gave a detailed plot back drop for the entire series by mentioning her tears and how she acts at school versus home. Honomi from that point onward could have just been emotionally inclined to feel one way based off a situation, however this isn't the case considering how many lies we are up to from the initial allusion to lying.
Jan 28, 2008 3:38 AM

Jan 2008
The reasons I liked this episode:
1. Shin'ichiro got a date with Aiko (yeah, I think that she's the cutest out of the three female protagonists)
2. He got closer to Noe and realised that she ain't that bad... (since Ai-chan will end up with the guy she's goin' out with, I'm rooting for Noe instead... :D)
3. Shin'ichiro made Hiromi almost cry, as well as he made her realize that what she did was stupid and selfish...
Yeah, I HATE Hiromi. To list some of the reasons:
She's stupid. Stupid enough to not take what was offered to her for free (Shin'ichiro's affection) and instead wait 'till things got messy by Noe appearing on the stage. Stupid enough to hurt the one she likes by deliberately lying to him about her feelings and than playing "hurt" 'cause she doesn't want him to stray away from her. Stupid enough to create a chance for her adversary (Noe) to get closer to Shin'ichiro... She's plain stupid. An idiot I presume. Oh well, there's the thing about her stepmother bullying her and all the stuff, and well I kinda understand how she doesn't want the things to get ugly if the ol' biatch found out about her feelings for Shin', but still... I hate her. And the main reason is the type of her character. And that is:

Ignorant to other character's feelings, goin' around hurting everyone's feelings including herself. And finally, by the time she realizes she's fucked things up, she gets in the way of other people's relationships thinking she might correct her wrongdoings. Just like Suzuka from anime Suzuka (my most hated character ever)... :D
Jan 28, 2008 7:48 AM

Sep 2007
cyruz said:
Another awesome episode, all the girls were awesome. Ai-chan, Hiromi and of course Noe, too. :D

I burst out in laughter when she actually ate the chicken food and made this face. xD

Shin's HAI~?! at end was hilarious, too. The preivew left me waiting anxiously for the next episode.

Thats exactly what i thought.
Awesome episode, True Tears is getting better and better for me.
Jan 28, 2008 10:05 AM

Aug 2007
I loved the scene where Noe ate the chicken food, and ofcourse Shin's line at the end. haah
Jan 28, 2008 10:53 AM

Jul 2007
lol at the face lick on the preview XD noe is just plain awesome XD
Jan 28, 2008 11:54 AM

Sep 2007
I really want to see more of Ai. I don't know why I keep watching these harem-type anime because I always get pissed at the end when the main character does not end up with the person I want.

I pray to god for Shinichirou/Ai relationship at the end and to a lesser extent, Shinichirou/Noe. Come on Ai! Fight for the man you love!
Jan 28, 2008 12:01 PM

Aug 2007
Chamcham said:
PimpToad said:

I can't agree with you there after the first episode. Shin gave a detailed plot back drop for the entire series by mentioning her tears and how she acts at school versus home. Honomi from that point onward could have just been emotionally inclined to feel one way based off a situation, however this isn't the case considering how many lies we are up to from the initial allusion to lying.

You do know that the house in which Hiromi lives in isn't exactly a very friendly environment with Shin's mom not accepting her at all. Being in school lets her escape that dreary place and be more herself with her friends and whatnot.

I have to say that Shin knows nothing about the girl at all now. Sure they look pretty close knit back when they were kids, but they feel and act distant to each other now. This is probably due to Hiromi being adopted/living together with him, but being unable to hold a decent conversation with her doesn't give me the feeling of closeness that they should have.

The tears girl is Noe, not Hiromi.

Sometimes you lie and act submissive to keep and maintain the peace (status quo), I believe that is what Hiromi is doing.
Jan 28, 2008 2:00 PM

Nov 2007
The best thing about this show, is how enjoyable it is. I seem to like every second of it.
Jan 28, 2008 2:46 PM

Jan 2008
I'm hoping Shinichirō and Noe get together. Hiromi and Aiko already knew Shinichirō so had their chance if they truely wanted it. If Shinichirō and Noe are left alone they will naturally grow together. I think Noe's brother might actually spoil the relationship between Shinichirō and Noe by forcing the pace.

A week is a long time to wait for the next episode!
Jan 28, 2008 3:40 PM

Sep 2007
SamuraiTom said:
I really want to see more of Ai. I don't know why I keep watching these harem-type anime because I always get pissed at the end when the main character does not end up with the person I want.

I pray to god for Shinichirou/Ai relationship at the end and to a lesser extent, Shinichirou/Noe. Come on Ai! Fight for the man you love!

Seriously, Ai is my favorite girl, and even though I think it unlikely with the way the series is progressing, I'm really hoping she and Shinichirou will get together!
Jan 28, 2008 4:39 PM

Mar 2007
Well, I guess this is starting to grow on me too... now if I just could shake off this feeling that this will go straight to hell by the end ._.
Jan 28, 2008 9:38 PM
Jan 2008
Is really annoying when aiko said that shin' is like a lito brother to her.Why do all the girls in the anime say that when the girl is older than the guy and have feelings for the guy?(just like kimikiss pure rouge) I don't think hiromi and shin' is related by blood. I think that shin's dad and hiromi's mom probably dated back then when they were young or something. Shin's mom is mad probably because shin's father doesn't act like he care much about Shin's life. Why do some people hate Noe?!!? Noe should be every guy's dream girl. Tired of childhood friends get together in the end. So Noe should be the one. Since Hiromi and Aiko known Shin' since they were kids. (I might be wrong on the Aiko and Shin' childhood friend thing.) And someone said this earlier they had their chance but didn't take it. So is their fault that they don't get to be with Shin'. You snooze you lose. xD
Jan 28, 2008 9:47 PM

Oct 2007
Noe sees Shin as a rooster. Can she really get lovey dovey in this current state of mind with him? I don't think so.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Jan 28, 2008 10:36 PM

Dec 2007
lilgumba said:
Noe sees Shin as a rooster. Can she really get lovey dovey in this current state of mind with him? I don't think so.

I think she'll stop thinking of him as a rooster after tasting the "food" herself, haha. That was such a hilarious moment.
Jan 28, 2008 10:37 PM

Sep 2007
OmegaSpartan said:
lilgumba said:

I think she'll stop thinking of him as a rooster after tasting the "food" herself, haha. That was such a hilarious moment.

Wasn't it though? Bah, this episode was made of so much win!
Jan 28, 2008 11:20 PM

Oct 2007
This episoded really made me love the serie even more! I already thought Noe and Ai were interesting. but now the whole serie is on the same level of Kimikiss pure rouge for me. And that really says alot! Can wait for the next episode. The things that really interest me atm is Ai feelings for shin and ofcourse noe in general. Hiromi is on a side track for me tbh.
Jan 29, 2008 12:47 PM

Sep 2007
Awesome, I'm glad this show is getting better since H2O, Rosario, and maybe a few others weren't as good as I'd hoped.

I pick Noe ^_^ And then maybe Ai. Hiromi's a meh character for me at this point and I do like Shin's personality. Seems like a better male protaganist than usual.
Jan 29, 2008 3:05 PM

Nov 2007
Liked the ep, took a while to get where I knew it was going. I just think that it was a great setup for next week, I def can't wait.

Jan 29, 2008 5:17 PM

Jun 2007
PimpToad said:
Chamcham said:
PimpToad said:

You do know that the house in which Hiromi lives in isn't exactly a very friendly environment with Shin's mom not accepting her at all. Being in school lets her escape that dreary place and be more herself with her friends and whatnot.

I have to say that Shin knows nothing about the girl at all now. Sure they look pretty close knit back when they were kids, but they feel and act distant to each other now. This is probably due to Hiromi being adopted/living together with him, but being unable to hold a decent conversation with her doesn't give me the feeling of closeness that they should have.

Sometimes you lie and act submissive to keep and maintain the peace (status quo), I believe that is what Hiromi is doing.

I think it's the other way around. She's her self at home and fooling everyone in school with lies. As Shin has pointed out several times in the show, the smile she shows everyone in school is fake. He also suggests a few times that she is holding her tears back. This could be just his imagination but I feel it's true considering how she almost completely broke down when he was mentioning how he felt about finding out she liked #4.

PS. I was thinking about it long and hard these past few days. As we've already discussed, Hiromi might be related to Shin due to his dad either being past married to her mom or maybe cheating on his current wife. In either case, I've been thinking, what if Hiromi already knows shes related to Shin and has feelings for him but has been avoiding showing them towards him because she was warned by his mom and because she knows it's not right. That might explain why shes lying about liking #4 and almost crying when Shin basically says hes jealous of her liking #4.

I don't have the ep anymore but at the preview for the next ep did Shins mom say something like "I know I've told you already but I want to make it clear. I don't want you walking with Shin anymore". If she did say something like that then it would help prove the theory. Although it could also disprove it by us finding out that the mom just has a grunge on Hiromi.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Jan 29, 2008 6:37 PM

Jul 2007
I absolutely despise the way Shin's mom is towards Hiromi, even though I don't like Hiromi much. And what kind of stupid rules is she giving Hiromi, gosh.

I also agree with those that think Jun likes Noe. The way he wanted to stroke her face pretty much told us. And by trying to get Shin to go out with her maybe he can get over her, or something :S

True Tears is so far the one of the best shows this season. Rosario + Vampire and H2O have been complete letdowns.
Jan 29, 2008 7:12 PM

Aug 2007
DeathfireD said:
PimpToad said:
Chamcham said:
PimpToad said:

I think it's the other way around. She's her self at home and fooling everyone in school with lies. As Shin has pointed out several times in the show, the smile she shows everyone in school is fake. He also suggests a few times that she is holding her tears back. This could be just his imagination but I feel it's true considering how she almost completely broke down when he was mentioning how he felt about finding out she liked #4.

PS. I was thinking about it long and hard these past few days. As we've already discussed, Hiromi might be related to Shin due to his dad either being past married to her mom or maybe cheating on his current wife. In either case, I've been thinking, what if Hiromi already knows shes related to Shin and has feelings for him but has been avoiding showing them towards him because she was warned by his mom and because she knows it's not right. That might explain why shes lying about liking #4 and almost crying when Shin basically says hes jealous of her liking #4.

I don't have the ep anymore but at the preview for the next ep did Shins mom say something like "I know I've told you already but I want to make it clear. I don't want you walking with Shin anymore". If she did say something like that then it would help prove the theory. Although it could also disprove it by us finding out that the mom just has a grunge on Hiromi.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Multi Quotes FTW!!!

The problem with that scenario is the whole incest route, which rarely happens in all of anime. Besides didn't Shin's dad say that Hiromi will be living with them from now on? That can imply many things, but I have to go with her parents dying in some accident and Shin's father adopting her because of his relationship with Hiromi's parents or something. I can't confirm whether this was mentioned since I'm too lazy to check the previous episodes =P

I would figure getting out of that house will bring out the "true" Hiromi. We can't use Shin to judge Hiromi's character since they have been estranged ever since Hiromi moved in. They were close childhood friends, I doubt that is the case at the moment. Shin is only comparing Hiromi's current behaviour with the Hiromi he knew of the past, which is probably several years ago. A lot can happen in several years, especially to impressionable children.

The mom's vendetta against Hiromi hasn't been explained yet. Hell I'm wondering why Shin ignores his own mother like that, he doesn't even acknowledge her ffs!

My theory on it is that due to Shin's negligence of his mother, the mother vents her frustration on Hiromi or thinks this is her doing. This causes Hiromi to be the keeper of the status quo, while finding escape in school and basketball. Then we have Shin daydreaming as to why Hiromi acts this way. The cycle of cause and effect makes True Tears an interesting watch :-)

Only thing we can do is wait now...
Jan 30, 2008 6:50 PM

Jan 2008
cosmonaut said:

I had that feeling about Noe's brother too, as well as Shin's mother. Craziness. :) We're on the same wave lengths.

Jan 31, 2008 12:30 AM

Jun 2007
damn it, m33w just dropped the show because its licensed. I really hope other subbers keep subbing it till its finished airing.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » True Tears Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kurotsuki - Mar 29, 2008

494 by blinddig »»
Mar 7, 8:03 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 20, 2008

94 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 12, 2008

83 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 5, 2008

95 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:08 PM

» True Tears Quotes

ClannadForever - Jun 9, 2009

6 by Syureria »»
Dec 11, 2022 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.