Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 3, 2014 6:04 AM
May 2014
Madara31 said:
Himiko/Hideyoshi won't happen. It's too late in the series to introduce any potential pairings. That, and Himiko is FAR too devoted to Nobunaga for that to be in consideration. Hideyoshi likely just feels like he owes her, romantic feelings don't always have to be involved.

Feelings change, Himiko might realize no matter what she does, nobu will always love jeanne, himiko x saru was teased since ep 14 or even before that, Ichi and caesars death last ep is perfect to give her a new perspective..

Look at ichihime, she seemed to like mitsu alot, and she was crying and sad when she went off to caesar, but in the end, gravely wounded and dying, she used the last bit of her strength to crawl past mitsu towards caesar, not even giving a glance/thought to the person she liked at the beginning, in the end she found true happiness with someone else, and you never know, in their funeral next episode, himiko might just have the realization that its not always your first love that will end up being your soulmate, its not too late, caesar and ichi only interacted properly in episode 14 (ONE episode) and compared to them, Hideyoshi/himiko has already have much more screentime together
jfsJun 3, 2014 6:27 AM
Jun 3, 2014 6:33 AM

Oct 2010
jfs said:
Feelings change, Himiko might realize no matter what she does, nobu will always love jeanne, himiko x saru was teased since ep 14 or even before that, Ichi and caesars death last ep is perfect to give her a new perspective..

Look at ichihime, she seemed to have so much affections for mitsu, and she was crying and sad when she went off to caesar, but in the end, gravely wounded and dying, she used the last bit of her strength to crawl past mitsu towards caesar, not even giving a glance/thought to the person she liked at the beginning, in the end she found true happiness with someone else, and you never know, in their funeral next episode, himiko might just have the realization that its not always your first love that will end up being your soulmate, its not too late, caesar and ichi only interacted properly in episode 14 (ONE episode) and compared to them, Hideyoshi/himiko has already have much more screentime together
But Nobu has shown absolutely no signs of favouring Jeanne over Himiko, so Himiko wouldn't jump ship over that belief. And Hideyoshi/Himiko hasn't been teased since episode 14 at all. The only thing that can even remotely be considered a tease was Hideyoshi's concern this episode, and even that's a stretch, it's likely just concern over a friend. It'd be stupid to squander development that's been prominent since episode 3 of the series, especially after this whole "war" thing Himiko has going on with Jeanne. Now more so than ever since if anything, Jeanne seems to be losing that war after demonstrating in this episode that she still can't trust Nobu fully yet.

The affections Ichi displayed for Mitsu don't even come close to those displayed by Himiko for Nobu. Himiko/Hideyoshi may have had more screen time together than Caesar/Ichi but how much of that was the two of them by themselves, conversing properly? hardly any if at all.
Jun 3, 2014 7:01 AM
May 2014
Madara31 said:
But Nobu has shown absolutely no signs of favouring Jeanne over Himiko, so Himiko wouldn't jump ship over that belief. And Hideyoshi/Himiko hasn't been teased since episode 14 at all. The only thing that can even remotely be considered a tease was Hideyoshi's concern this episode, and even that's a stretch, it's likely just concern over a friend. It'd be stupid to squander development that's been prominent since episode 3 of the series, especially after this whole "war" thing Himiko has going on with Jeanne. Now more so than ever since if anything, Jeanne seems to be losing that war after demonstrating in this episode that she still can't trust Nobu fully yet.

The affections Ichi displayed for Mitsu don't even come close to those displayed by Himiko for Nobu. Himiko/Hideyoshi may have had more screen time together than Caesar/Ichi but how much of that was the two of them by themselves, conversing properly? hardly any if at all.

Well there are a few scenes like the one in ep 14 where Hideyoshi and Himiko were arguing about the sandals and nobu popped out and said 'arent you two getting along well' and stuff like that, there were also other moments.., its definitely not romantic yet, but they are certainly making the possibility for it to develop in that direction the way its been built up..

seriously? i think its quite obvious nobu has zero romantic interest in himiko, but he does have for jeanne, like in ep 11 after caesars powerup owned them and she was freaking out, he hugged her to calm her down, and how desperate he was to rescue jeanne after she was kidnapped in ep 14, i know he also cares for himiko, but jeanne is definitely the one nobu has feelings for... its really quite obvious

Yeah well its true himiko worships nobu, but the reason she loved him is because of ONE brief meeting in their childhood, so she might get over that and move on when she realizes there is someone else, but maybe youre right, it May not happen, what im saying is that the way the story have been set up, it CAN happen if the writers want it to
Jun 3, 2014 7:36 AM
Mar 2014
Man this really got Mitsuhide's boner. After all that he has done just to get Ichihime, it all went down the drain :( When Ichihime was dying she did not even say anything to him, instead she went to her "husband" Caesar. It just goes to show that Ichihime really developed feelings for Caesar. Why did she even cry when Caesar "changed"? It means she really cared for him in a deep level. POOR MITSUHIDE.
Jun 3, 2014 7:44 AM

Oct 2010
jfs said:
Well there are a few scenes like the one in ep 14 where Hideyoshi and Himiko were arguing about the sandals and nobu popped out and said 'arent you two getting along well' and stuff like that, there were also other moments.., its definitely not romantic yet, but they are certainly making the possibility for it to develop in that direction the way its been built up..

seriously? i think its quite obvious nobu has zero romantic interest in himiko, but he does have for jeanne, like in ep 11 after caesars powerup owned them and she was freaking out, he hugged her to calm her down, and how desperate he was to rescue jeanne after she was kidnapped in ep 14, i know he also cares for himiko, but jeanne is definitely the one nobu has feelings for... its really quite obvious

Yeah well its true himiko worships nobu, but the reason she loved him is because of ONE brief meeting in their childhood, so she might get over that and move on when she realizes there is someone else, but maybe youre right, it May not happen, what im saying is that the way the story have been set up, it CAN happen if the writers want it to
Making possibilities for something to develop isn't ship teasing. That convo in ep 14 was a comedic 5 second interaction about Nobu's sandals which actually lessened Himiko's opinion of Hideyoshi. The way it was built up was purely as a platonic relationship.

Hugging someone to calm them down is natural action to take, it doesn't signify Nobu's favouritism. In order for your examples to work, Himiko would have had to be put into similar situations, and Nobu react in different, less desperate ways, but there's nothing to compare it to. I can just as easily bring up Nobu's desperation to save Himiko when she fell off the ship in ep 17. Nobu doesn't treat Jeanne any differently now to how he did in the beginning of the series in terms of normal interaction, would you have said he had feelings for her then? He's shown no obvious romantic feelings for either of them. He wouldn't have been so quick to shove Jeanne out of the way in this episode if he did harbour these obvious feelings for her.

The fact that it was one meeting in their childhood has no relevance to the scope of Himiko's feelings. That's like saying she's basing all of how she feels on that one meeting and disregarding everything that's happened in the years between, which is obviously not the case. Hideyoshi may develop some kind of feelings for Himiko in the last 3 episodes, but if that does happen then they won't be reciprocated. Not if the writers have any sense.
Jun 3, 2014 7:52 AM
May 2012
CESARE YOU ARE FUCKING BASTARD!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE ICHIHIME IS DEAD TOO!!!!

I guess I am the only one who've been making too much drama over this one but NO one cares.

SON OF A BITCH... only 3 EPISODES TO GO!!

RIP Ichihime & Julius Caesar

FUCK YOU CESARE YOU PIECES OF SHIT.
TyrelJun 3, 2014 9:46 AM
Jun 3, 2014 10:20 AM

Nov 2013
Well holy fuck. So much happened O.o
Caesar is dead... Meh. I had wanted him to die a long time ago, then they made him more likable. Just not enough for me to care so his death was uhh... Well basically I don't care much whether he lived or died.

So Ichihime kicked the bucket too.. Poor Nobunaga lost his whole family, and one of his best friends is showing signs that he'll betray him.

But hey, best thing that happened this episode, was the DEATH OF THOSE FUCKING TWINS!!!
Automatic 11/10 for this episode.

Fucking finally.
Jun 3, 2014 10:39 AM
May 2014
EdenEast22 said:
Man this really got Mitsuhide's boner. After all that he has done just to get Ichihime, it all went down the drain :( When Ichihime was dying she did not even say anything to him, instead she went to her "husband" Caesar. It just goes to show that Ichihime really developed feelings for Caesar. Why did she even cry when Caesar "changed"? It means she really cared for him in a deep level. POOR MITSUHIDE.

Please remind me what mitsu has done to get her? she was in love with caesar who loved her above anything else in the world.... she cried when she thought caesar was a totally different person because the 'caesar that she knew' was the one she fell in love with

Mitsu was lucky both she and caesar died.. if they lived they would go back to owari and he will have to watch them all lovey dovey and have tons of children together (the walls are thin too so he might even hear them every night)
Madara31 said:
jfs said:

Making possibilities for something to develop isn't ship teasing. That convo in ep 14 was a comedic 5 second interaction about Nobu's sandals which actually lessened Himiko's opinion of Hideyoshi. The way it was built up was purely as a platonic relationship.

Hugging someone to calm them down is natural action to take, it doesn't signify Nobu's favouritism. In order for your examples to work, Himiko would have had to be put into similar situations, and Nobu react in different, less desperate ways, but there's nothing to compare it to. I can just as easily bring up Nobu's desperation to save Himiko when she fell off the ship in ep 17. Nobu doesn't treat Jeanne any differently now to how he did in the beginning of the series in terms of normal interaction, would you have said he had feelings for her then? He's shown no obvious romantic feelings for either of them. He wouldn't have been so quick to shove Jeanne out of the way in this episode if he did harbour these obvious feelings for her.

The fact that it was one meeting in their childhood has no relevance to the scope of Himiko's feelings. That's like saying she's basing all of how she feels on that one meeting and disregarding everything that's happened in the years between, which is obviously not the case. Hideyoshi may develop some kind of feelings for Himiko in the last 3 episodes, but if that does happen then they won't be reciprocated. Not if the writers have any sense.

The years that passed in between, she never met him again.. so her love for him and desire to marry him only comes from that ONE childhood memory

Well like i said it was NEVER romantic between them yet, but they are given platonic interactions in such a way that slowly grew, with ep 20 having him putting a blanket over her and she smiled in her sleep and last ep having him worry about her, when he worries for her she replied 'you.....' , her opinions of him can and probably will change (next ep preview has him holding her hand), as i said, the potential is there...

And idk how to explain unless you rewatch the show, its clear that jeanne will win and that nobu has feelings for her....

Since when does the writers of this show have any sense?
jfsJun 3, 2014 10:49 AM
Jun 3, 2014 11:53 AM

Oct 2010
jfs said:
The years that passed in between, she never met him again.. so her love for him and desire to marry him only comes from that ONE childhood memory

Well like i said it was NEVER romantic between them yet, but they are given platonic interactions in such a way that slowly grew, with ep 20 having him putting a blanket over her and she smiled in her sleep and last ep having him worry about her, when he worries for her she replied 'you.....' , her opinions of him can and probably will change (next ep preview has him holding her hand), as i said, the potential is there...

And idk how to explain unless you rewatch the show, its clear that jeanne will win and that nobu has feelings for her....

Since when does the writers of this show have any sense?
Just because they didn't meet doesn't mean she didn't think about him, monitor him, observe his accomplishments etc. You don't always have to be with someone for your affections for them to grow, being apart from them often has the same affect. This was likely the case, since she showed that she was willing to die for him in ep 6. And that's not mentioning all that's happened from her introduction until now.

None of the interactions you mentioned are ship teases though, that's my point. In order for there to have been an adequate build up to a potential romantic relationship, there needs to have been ship teases, the romantic interactions ranging from subtle to obvious, and between Hideyoshi and Himiko, there have been none. There my be some in the following episodes but by then it'd be too late.

You can't just say it's clear this will happen or that this is the case, and then tell me to re-watch the show because you're unable to support your claims. If anything, I'd say it's more likely that there's going to be no resolution between the three of them, because Nobu has never once expressed romantic affections for either of them, both in his words and even in his head, and that's a fact. The only thing Jeanne has going for her is that she's the main girl, that's it. I'm obviously not saying it's impossible, but in terms of interactions it's anything but clear.

You don't think the writers have ever had any sense in the show? So you don't agree with anything that's happened thus far? Including Ichi choosing Caesar over Mitsu? I somehow find that hard to believe.
Jun 3, 2014 12:30 PM
May 2014
jfs said:
NiteBloomingRose said:

Hm, I don't know about all of that happening, but Monkey vs. Mitsu is probably going to happen. And over Himiko would be a legit reason. I admit I thought of Mitsu might snipe Himiko, but I don't get how that would overcome death... Idk, anything could happen.

Yeah, I imagine that'll be how it will be for the fights. And LOL at Brutus avenging Caesar. Who would think that possible to happen before this ep? XD

Indeed...

Oh me too!

LOL, and that would have been how Caesar got stabbed. XD Not by Brutus, but an angry/jealous wife. XD That would have been so fun to see!

Yeah well, himiko getting kidnapped and saru having to rescue her would set up their romance nicely, and also puts a different perspective to mitsus betrayal, also mitsu vs hideyoshi, 2 people without mecha, but mitsu now fights with excalibur and saru with his cybor powers would make sense i guess...

I guess what im trying to say is i want to see Ichi making different expressions like she did in ep 14, like giggling and sniffing stuff, she was cute when she was with (not brainwashed) caesar, now that they are totally in love with each other their daily lives during peaceful times would be so... aaaah its painful just imagining it... but yeah seeing a jealous ichi would be really nice... funny thing is if they had survived the episode and then found out arthur seduced him by being a woman, she would really be super jealous lol...

Closest we came to see a jelly ichi is first half of the ep when she was clearly upset caesar seemingly chosing arthurs ideals over her, like when she said 'i have to know for sure' before she left to visit him and 'There is something i MUST ask you..caesar, what is it that you desire? (hint, hint: have you forgotten me?)'

they are subtle hints that she is upset he left her to go back to arthur, i mean why else would she go that far unless she loves him? after all if she doesnt, now that caesar is back on the enemy side she can just go 'ok cool i can get out of this marriage and be with mitsu', but instead she went there and went like 'i am his wife, i want to see him NOW!'

Of course, she found out the only reason he seemingly chose arthur over her was that he believed it was the only way to save her from the worlds destruction

Yeah, it would... though tbh, I hope Monkey/Himiko don't become canon. XD But yeah, it would put a different spin. Excalibur vs. cyborg, eh? XD

I really do too! Seriously there should have been more scenes of Caesar & Ichi where Ichi is herself. She really was cute there. Oh, gosh, they would be such a lovey dovey couple! It is painful... T.T Yeah, I think she would have been too and it would have been hilarious. Caesar would have been in so much trouble. LOL

Yeah, all of that pointed to her being jealous. And if she's jealous when she thought Arthur only was a man and strictly Caesar's superior... when she finds out about his woman face... oh my, she would explode. XD

Exactly. If she didn't love him she wouldn't have gone that far. I LOVED how she went there saying she was his wife and demanding to see him. That was just awesome!

Yup, and that got rid of the jealousy and she fell for him again.

Bodomschild said:

My interest in this show really took a dive with this episode. I hope we do get a nice mention of Caesar and Ichis love next episode. The mitsu vs saru would be a nice fight. I wonder how arthur is going to fight Nobu though.

Mine did too; it jumped off a cliff. They were my main reason... eh, pretty much my whole reason for watching.
Jun 3, 2014 1:46 PM
Jun 2014
Something I want to know is the significance of Ichi dropping Caesar's honorifics throughout the episode?
Jun 3, 2014 2:02 PM
May 2012
Son of a bitch. I can't believe this. I was the only person who've been making too much drama but NO one cares.

NOW I'm speechless over what just happened in this episode NO matter how many death counts in every episode & etc.

Since this has gone bad to worse, why don't you guys listened to me. Seriously. :(
JafriZinJun 3, 2014 2:17 PM
Jun 3, 2014 2:30 PM
May 2014
Madara31 said:
Just because they didn't meet doesn't mean she didn't think about him, monitor him, observe his accomplishments etc. You don't always have to be with someone for your affections for them to grow, being apart from them often has the same affect. This was likely the case, since she showed that she was willing to die for him in ep 6. And that's not mentioning all that's happened from her introduction until now.

None of the interactions you mentioned are ship teases though, that's my point. In order for there to have been an adequate build up to a potential romantic relationship, there needs to have been ship teases, the romantic interactions ranging from subtle to obvious, and between Hideyoshi and Himiko, there have been none. There my be some in the following episodes but by then it'd be too late.

You can't just say it's clear this will happen or that this is the case, and then tell me to re-watch the show because you're unable to support your claims. If anything, I'd say it's more likely that there's going to be no resolution between the three of them, because Nobu has never once expressed romantic affections for either of them, both in his words and even in his head, and that's a fact. The only thing Jeanne has going for her is that she's the main girl, that's it. I'm obviously not saying it's impossible, but in terms of interactions it's anything but clear.

You don't think the writers have ever had any sense in the show? So you don't agree with anything that's happened thus far? Including Ichi choosing Caesar over Mitsu? I somehow find that hard to believe.

That sounds really stalkersih.. but i guess she might do that

Ichi x caesar makes more sense than most other things, but even they lack interactions, and even ichi liking mitsu was NEVER hinted (her attitude to him was platonic) until she threw herself at him in ep 9... so like i said its never too late to do something at the last minute, its not like they have to make a true relationship between them by the end..

When i said this show doesnt really make sense.. well julius caesar x oichi, julius caesar wielding excalibur, and charlemange x (female) hannibal can happen, then nothing is too ridiculous in this show

Like i said although it wasnt explicit, its still quite obvious, even in ep 15 when they rescued jeanne and mitsu was like 'are you sure its not ranmaru herself that you need?' and himiko had a very sad expression, and again later in the episode, its nothing explicit but theres enough, im not going to list all of it-_- like i sid its just my intepretation of the relationships,it may or not be right, but for me the hints are there

BTW i dont care for who nobu ends up with, i only care about caesar x ichi (you might have noticed it by now).. so im being quite objective here...i just cant imagine why else they gave all the hideyoshi x himiko moments (platonic interactions, then her saving his life, him putting blanket over her, him worrying about her, him holding her hands next ep) unless something will happen between them (so really im neutral on who nobu ends up with, but im sure its jeanne)

NiteBloomingRose said:

Yeah, it would... though tbh, I hope Monkey/Himiko don't become canon. XD But yeah, it would put a different spin. Excalibur vs. cyborg, eh? XD

I really do too! Seriously there should have been more scenes of Caesar & Ichi where Ichi is herself. She really was cute there. Oh, gosh, they would be such a lovey dovey couple! It is painful... T.T Yeah, I think she would have been too and it would have been hilarious. Caesar would have been in so much trouble. LOL

Yeah, all of that pointed to her being jealous. And if she's jealous when she thought Arthur only was a man and strictly Caesar's superior... when she finds out about his woman face... oh my, she would explode. XD

Exactly. If she didn't love him she wouldn't have gone that far. I LOVED how she went there saying she was his wife and demanding to see him. That was just awesome!

Yup, and that got rid of the jealousy and she fell for him again.

Well i doubt what she felt was true jealousy, after all she didnt know arthur was a woman, but its obvious she was heartbroken at his changes at the start and later when she slapped him, she cried when she realized he wasnt the same person (why else would this be, unless she loves him?) , she was definitely upset and her going all the way to ask him 'what is that you desire' its like she wants to know 'what happened to you? did you forget about me? didnt you choose me over arthur once?' ofc she later found out the answer.. that he was brainwashed to believe that he was doing all this to protect her, and that his feelings for her despite his mind being twisted remained..

Bodomschild said:
Something I want to know is the significance of Ichi dropping Caesar's honorifics throughout the episode?

Well Ichi went through a whirlwind of emotions in this epiisode... hertbreak, disappointment, anger, a mixture of pain/happiness (when she realized that caesar was doing these crazy things for HER despite his brainwashing), happiness when she was reunited with the 'real' caesar, sadness when he died, and again happy when she realized she found her true love

But dropping honorifics is used for people who you are close with, but in the context of this ep, i wouldnt read too much into it, since she kept going back and forth between using it and not.. its only at the end when caesar was back to himself she goes like 'we finally meet again, caesar-DONO' because thats how she always called the 'normal' him until then.. and when she was crawling towards him, she only had the strength to gasp out his name 'cae...sar' but for most of the ep, she was inconsistent, though the fact she dropped it with him means she feels close enough i guess (you only drop honorifics either when youre close to the person (ichi i spose) or if you dislike the guy (nobu and mitsu for the most part)
jfsJun 3, 2014 2:37 PM
Jun 3, 2014 3:35 PM
Jun 2014
Yeah, her mind must have been all over the place. Even though after this episode it's without question that Ichi x Caesar is canon, I would have liked to have heard Ichi tell Caesar that she too loved him.
Jun 3, 2014 3:48 PM
May 2014
Bodomschild said:
Yeah, her mind must have been all over the place. Even though after this episode it's without question that Ichi x Caesar is canon, I would have liked to have heard Ichi tell Caesar that she too loved him.

She didnt have to, it was very clear who she loves when she crawls past mitsu calling out caesars name despite her fatal wounds, and when she said she was truly happy before she died, and when they were about to kiss
Jun 3, 2014 4:16 PM

Oct 2010
jfs said:
That sounds really stalkersih.. but i guess she might do that

Ichi x caesar makes more sense than most other things, but even they lack interactions, and even ichi liking mitsu was NEVER hinted (her attitude to him was platonic) until she threw herself at him in ep 9... so like i said its never too late to do something at the last minute, its not like they have to make a true relationship between them by the end..

When i said this show doesnt really make sense.. well julius caesar x oichi, julius caesar wielding excalibur, and charlemange x (female) hannibal can happen, then nothing is too ridiculous in this show

Like i said although it wasnt explicit, its still quite obvious, even in ep 15 when they rescued jeanne and mitsu was like 'are you sure its not ranmaru herself that you need?' and himiko had a very sad expression, and again later in the episode, its nothing explicit but theres enough, im not going to list all of it-_- like i sid its just my intepretation of the relationships,it may or not be right, but for me the hints are there

BTW i dont care for who nobu ends up with, i only care about caesar x ichi (you might have noticed it by now).. so im being quite objective here...i just cant imagine why else they gave all the hideyoshi x himiko moments (platonic interactions, then her saving his life, him putting blanket over her, him worrying about her, him holding her hands next ep) unless something will happen between them (so really im neutral on who nobu ends up with, but im sure its jeanne

You said it yourself, Mitsu and Ichi's development began in episode 9 when there was still plenty of time. This potential Hideyoshi/Himiko pairing would be last minute, and would be the epitome of a forced relationship if it were to happen. Even if they don't become official, if Himiko reciprocates, with their microscopic interaction, then that's just fake considering the scale of her devotion to Nobu. Hideyoshi developing last minute feelings for her if fine. Himiko reciprocating is not.

Himiko even said while she was healing Hideyoshi, that for the sake of Nobu, she wouldn't let his right hand man die. She healed him for Nobu's sake, that was her primary motivation. She wasn't determined to heal him because he was Hideyoshi, it was because he was Nobu's right hand man. Of course she'd also want to heal her comrade, but that came second.

I guess the definition of "making sense" changes depending on whether we're referring to the plot or the character interactions/relationships, or even the historical accuracy. The plot can get rather off the walls, but the relations between the characters are believable.

If its just you're interpretation, that's fine, we can leave it at that. Nobu and Jeanne obviously have had their moments, and I'm sure most people (myself included) would argue that if Nobu were to end up with anyone, it'd be Jeanne. I only took issue with you saying that from these moments, it's clear that Nobu reciprocates her feelings and they'll end up together, because it's not. Nobu has had similar moments with Himiko, and treats both girls no differently from the beginning of the series..
Jun 3, 2014 4:25 PM
May 2014
jfs said:

Well i doubt what she felt was true jealousy, after all she didnt know arthur was a woman, but its obvious she was heartbroken at his changes at the start and later when she slapped him, she cried when she realized he wasnt the same person (why else would this be, unless she loves him?) , she was definitely upset and her going all the way to ask him 'what is that you desire' its like she wants to know 'what happened to you? did you forget about me? didnt you choose me over arthur once?' ofc she later found out the answer.. that he was brainwashed to believe that he was doing all this to protect her, and that his feelings for her despite his mind being twisted remained..

Well, yeah, not true jealousy. Exactly. What happened to Caesar there was really sad and cruel.

BTW, Caesar is going to get a couple of character songs too, right? I wonder what his will be.
Jun 3, 2014 4:43 PM
May 2014
Madara31 said:

You said it yourself, Mitsu and Ichi's development began in episode 9 when there was still plenty of time. This potential Hideyoshi/Himiko pairing would be last minute, and would be the epitome of a forced relationship if it were to happen. Even if they don't become official, if Himiko reciprocates, with their microscopic interaction, then that's just fake considering the scale of her devotion to Nobu. Hideyoshi developing last minute feelings for her if fine. Himiko reciprocating is not.

Himiko even said while she was healing Hideyoshi, that for the sake of Nobu, she wouldn't let his right hand man die. She healed him for Nobu's sake, that was her primary motivation. She wasn't determined to heal him because he was Hideyoshi, it was because he was Nobu's right hand man. Of course she'd also want to heal her comrade, but that came second.

I guess the definition of "making sense" changes depending on whether we're referring to the plot or the character interactions/relationships, or even the historical accuracy. The plot can get rather off the walls, but the relations between the characters are believable.

If its just you're interpretation, that's fine, we can leave it at that. Nobu and Jeanne obviously have had their moments, and I'm sure most people (myself included) would argue that if Nobu were to end up with anyone, it'd be Jeanne. I only took issue with you saying that from these moments, it's clear that Nobu reciprocates her feelings and they'll end up together, because it's not. Nobu has had similar moments with Himiko, and treats both girls no differently from the beginning of the series..

Youre sort of missing the point, which is that up to episode 9, Ichi only showed platonic interactions with mitsu, and then in ep 9, out of nowhere she throws herself at him... so theoritically why cant the same happen for himiko?

And the thing about Jeanne and himiko is, you can see who nobu trusts/relies on more emotionally, its jeanne, see ep 16 after he rescued her he confided to her about his fears and nightmares about killing lots of people which he never did to anyone else, there is just this emotional connection between nobu and jeanne that isnt there with himiko... i guess its what you call chemistry or something (like in ep 14 caesar x ichi showed much more chemistry than there ever was between her and mitsu) Im not saying nobu doesnt care about himiko, he clearly sees her as someone important, but jeanne is clearly the one he is more emotionally reliant on... it doesnt help himikos case that ranmaru historically was said to be nobunagas lover

Im not saying saru x himiko WILL happen, im just saying that the way the last few episodes went, and the way the final 3 is set up, it CAN happen if they want it.. think about it

Ep 20- Saru puts blanket over himiko
Ep 21-Saru Worries for her safety openly and seemed embarassed doing it
Ep 22- Preview has Saru holding her hand for some reason

I just cant believe all these scenes wont serve a higher purpose to develop their relationship

I cant say for sure, but i have a feeling that last ep, Caesar told cesare that the perfecta is DA VINCIS technology, and something about overcoming death, my feeling is da vinci will operate on himiko (possible based on the preview) to make her into a perfecta like thing to save her from dying, and this will make her a suitable vessel for it, which will cause mitsu to kidnap her after arthur instigates him through excalibur (preview hinted mitsu has visions of arthur) and this will set up saru to rescue her by fighting mitsu, but as i said, this is just my theory
NiteBloomingRose said:

Well, yeah, not true jealousy. Exactly. What happened to Caesar there was really sad and cruel.

BTW, Caesar is going to get a couple of character songs too, right? I wonder what his will be.

It wasnt jealousy yeah, it was more like she was hurt and insecure, i mean , she seems upset he doesnt seem to care much about her anymore, and she needed to find out why he was like that, since last time they met he was clearly so devoted to making her happy, she was clearly bothered by the fact caesar seemed to forget his feelings for her, i guess she was already in love with him then

Yeah the song is released in 6/25, 3 days after the end of the series (ep 24) same time as himikos song is released... i cant imagine the lyrics of at least the first song will be about anything other than his love for ichihime
jfsJun 3, 2014 5:04 PM
Jun 3, 2014 4:57 PM
May 2014
jfs said:

It wasnt jealousy yeah, it was more like she was hurt and insecure, i mean , she seems upset he doesnt seem to care much about her anymore, and she needed to find out why he was like that, since last time they met he was clearly so devoted to making her happy, she was clearly bothered by the fact caesar seemed to forget his feelings for her, i guess she was already in love with him then

Yeah the song is released in 6/25, 3 days after the end of the series (ep 24) same time as himikos song is released... i cant imagine the lyrics of at least the first song will be about anything other than his love for ichihime

Those were Ichi's feelings exactly. She had to have been in love with him or she wouldn't have reacted like that or gone to see him.

3 days after, huh? I figured it would be before the series ended, but close enough. Definitely the 1st will be all about his love for her. I'm expecting a really romantic song. XD
Jun 3, 2014 5:04 PM
Jun 2014
I see on the website that there is a manga. I wonder how different it's gonna be from the anime and stage play. Speaking of the stage play, it looks like Nobukatsu is still alive compared to Ichi in the final act?
Jun 3, 2014 5:08 PM
May 2014
NiteBloomingRose said:

Those were Ichi's feelings exactly. She had to have been in love with him or she wouldn't have reacted like that or gone to see him.

3 days after, huh? I figured it would be before the series ended, but close enough. Definitely the 1st will be all about his love for her. I'm expecting a really romantic song. XD

What gave it away was before she left to see caesar...

'This may be the last time i see this tree' (i might be about to head to my death),' but i have to see for myself' (i have to know for sure what he is thinking/feeling right now)

She was determined and willing to risk her life just to meet him and find out his true intentions/feelings, why would she go that far for someone she doesnt love? after all it should work out just fine if caesar no longer wants her: she can go to mitsu if she wanted to (btw she doesnt even react when caesar said bluntly mitsu loves her)

Bodomschild said:
I see on the website that there is a manga. I wonder how different it's gonna be from the anime and stage play. Speaking of the stage play, it looks like Nobukatsu is still alive compared to Ichi in the final act?

IDK i doubt they will finish the manga tbh, doesnt seem to be that popular

Based on what i know the mitsu in the play is more symphatetic than the anime one, so it would make sense that he hadnt killed nobukatsu yet when ichi died, caesar in the play was nowhere near the warrior of love he was in the anime too, he was more like a creepy stalker (well anime ceasar sort of was too at first)

Either way caesar x ichi forever OTP for me LOL
jfsJun 3, 2014 5:15 PM
Jun 3, 2014 5:16 PM
Feb 2014
BaiHu27 said:
I'm like the only one who's glad that Caesar and Ichihime are dead. I always hated Caesar for how he killed Nobunaga's father and then killed Shingen in a cowardly manner. And then he pulled a deus ex machina win on Nobunaga that made no sense. He will remain a scumbag in my memory. And Ichihime is so frivolous, she switched her affections from Mitsuhide to Caesar just because he gave her chocolate cake. Stupidest reasoning right there. (I'm exaggerating I know)

The one I felt most sorry for was Mitsuhide. He dirtied his hands for Nobunaga, and to ensure Ichihime's safey, but lost her to some white-haired prick who thinks he's all that, gets belittled because he doesn't have a regalia, and saves Ichihime who STILL pines for Caesar. And now when he and her are dying, she STILL crawls to his corpse in front of Mitsuhide. That is the worst kind of thing that could happen to Mitsuhide. Note that this is my opinion of the characters, and that I am not saying that I am right in any way.

THANK YOU I felt the same shit; thought I was the only one. Like I would understand if Ichihime and Caesar had more chemistry but nope just a fkn cake and to make matters even more annoying, she died passionately with Caesar in front Mitsuhide! Man that was just stone cold.
Jun 3, 2014 5:23 PM
Jun 2014
Speaking of popularity. How popular is the anime over there? I hope the sells are good. It also seems like there is gonna be an anime event for the show for people that buy the Bdvd's?
Jun 3, 2014 5:27 PM
May 2014
bamboocreation said:

THANK YOU I felt the same shit; thought I was the only one. Like I would understand if Ichihime and Caesar had more chemistry but nope just a fkn cake and to make matters even more annoying, she died passionately with Caesar in front Mitsuhide! Man that was just stone cold.

In the cake scene in ep 14, Ichi and caesar showed much more chemistry than she did with mitsu in 21 episodes combined, when she was with caesar, notice how Ichi stopped acting like a princess and was much more like a normal girl (looking curious, sniffing something, giggling, and getting embarassed) while with mitsu everything seems so forced that it was hard to watch...

It wasnt cold, Ichi stopped hesitating about her feelings and chose the man who love her above anything else in the world (and is more handsome, cool, strong, good with ladies.. should i go on?)

As I said before, Ichi crawling to caesar while calling out his name with her hoarse voice despite her fatal wounds, completely ignoring Mitsu on the way, was sad but at the same time HILARIOUS, it showed how much she realizes who was more worthy of her love

Usually people feel sorry for the inferior guy who did everything and sacrificed everything for the girl while she pines and has eyes only for the handsome aloof jerk who treats her like crap, but this series inverted that...

The inferior guy (mitsu) wasnt wiling to sacrifice his own personal ambitions (restoring his clan, or his daddy issues or whatever) to be with the girl, while the handsome jerk (superior to said guy in just about every conceivable way) did everything he can to earn her affections

If normally the girl usually still chooses the handsome guy who treats her like crap in the end over the nice guy type, why wouldnt, in this case, the girl choose the handsome guy who treasures her over anything else in the world over the inferior guy who doesnt?

Its cold, but her choice of caesar over mitsu is perfectly logical

Bodomschild said:
Speaking of popularity. How popular is the anime over there? I hope the sells are good. It also seems like there is gonna be an anime event for the show for people that buy the Bdvd's?

Theres going to be eight (8) bluray dvd packages each for 3 episodes, from what i know its not too popular compared to stuff like date a live etc, but i think it has over 1000 copies sold for the first dvd set, which isnt great, but i hope the later ones will sell better since the story got better later on
jfsJun 3, 2014 5:39 PM
Jun 3, 2014 5:41 PM

Oct 2010
jfs said:
Youre sort of missing the point, which is that up to episode 9, Ichi only showed platonic interactions with mitsu, and then in ep 9, out of nowhere she throws herself at him... so theoritically why cant the same happen for himiko?
Because at that point, Ichi wasn't harbouring a very deep, unwavering love for someone else. If Ichi had deeply loved Da Vinci for instance, for many years, then suddenly threw herself at Mitsu, then there would be an issue, but that wasn't the case with Ichi/Mitsu. Ichi wasn't in love with anyone else, whereas Himiko is, and has been for a very long time. That's the difference between Mitsu/Ichi and Himiko/Hideyoshi, and it's a very significant difference.

jfs said:
And the thing about Jeanne and himiko is, you can see who nobu trusts/relies on more emotionally, its jeanne, see ep 16 after he rescued her he confided to her about his fears and nightmares about killing lots of people which he never did to anyone else, there is just this emotional connection between nobu and jeanne that isnt there with himiko... i guess its what you call chemistry or something (like in ep 14 caesar x ichi showed much more chemistry than there ever was between her and mitsu) Im not saying nobu doesnt care about himiko, he clearly sees her as someone important, but jeanne is clearly the one he is more emotionally reliant on... it doesnt help himikos case that ranmaru historically was said to be nobunagas lover
Yes, Nobu and Jeanne have had deep conversations, so have Nobu and Himiko. They had one in ep 17 concerning his worries over Mitsu and Caesar. To say that this is what "clearly" demonstrates a higher emotional connection with Jeanne just isn't right. That'd be like me saying every time Nobu has said blunt/unkind things and has acted physically aggressive towards Jeanne is a sign that he isn't emotionally connected to her at all. Not true is it?

jfs said:
Im not saying saru x himiko WILL happen, im just saying that the way the last few episodes went, and the way the final 3 is set up, it CAN happen if they want it.. think about it

Ep 20- Saru puts blanket over himiko
Ep 21-Saru Worries for her safety openly and seemed embarassed doing it
Ep 22- Preview has Saru holding her hand for some reason

I just cant believe all these scenes wont serve a higher purpose to develop their relationship
I never said that you said Hideyoshi/Himiko WILL happen, I just gave justifications as to why it shouldn't happen. My issue was with you saying that the Nobu/Jeanne moments were "clear" indications of Nobu favouring Jeanne, because they aren't. Also, the 3 examples you give of Hideyoshi/Himiko all indicate potential feelings on Hideyoshi's part, which as I said, is not what I'm concerned with. The issue is if Himiko somehow reciprocates. Besides, I think you tend to look too deeply into things. Do you really think putting a blanket over someone who is extremely ill is a clear sign of romantic affection? Under the circumstances it really shouldn't be.
Madara31Jun 3, 2014 5:44 PM
Jun 3, 2014 5:55 PM
May 2014
Madara31 said:
Because at that point, Ichi wasn't harbouring a very deep, unwavering love for someone else. If Ichi had deeply loved Da Vinci for instance, for many years, then suddenly threw herself at Mitsu, then there would be an issue, but that wasn't the case with Ichi/Mitsu. Ichi wasn't in love with anyone else, whereas Himiko is, and has been for a very long time. That's the difference between Mitsu/Ichi and Himiko/Hideyoshi, and it's a very significant difference.

Yes, Nobu and Jeanne have had deep conversations, so have Nobu and Himiko. They had one in ep 17 concerning his worries over Mitsu and Caesar. To say that this is what "clearly" demonstrates a higher emotional connection with Jeanne just isn't right. That'd be like me saying every time Nobu has said blunt/unkind things and has acted physically aggressive towards Jeanne is a sign that he isn't emotionally connected to her at all. Not true is it?

I never said that you said Hideyoshi/Himiko WILL happen, I just gave justifications as to why it shouldn't happen. My issue was with you saying that the Nobu/Jeanne moments were "clear" indications of Nobu favouring Jeanne, because they aren't. Also, the 3 examples you give of Hideyoshi/Himiko all indicate potential feelings on Hideyoshi's part, which as I said, is not what I'm concerned with. The issue is if Himiko somehow reciprocates. Besides, I think you tend to look too deeply into things. Do you really think putting a blanket over someone who is extremely ill is a clear sign of romantic affection? Under the circumstances it really shouldn't be.

I get what you mean, but we are supposed to believe Ichi liked mitsu so much, and yet she fell for caesar hard despite their lack of interactions (only ONE episode, in spite of the previous ep 13 she was obviously sad to leave mitsu and go to him), so its POSSIBLE that they might make it at least POSSIBLE at the end that himiko and saru hass a chance..

you are comparing himiko and nobu worrying about 2 different people, and nobu sharing with jeanne his own personal fears and insecurities about his past life being a man who liked destruction and death etc etc for the first time, which he never did with anyone else

Seems like you are misunderstanding me, i didnt mean that Saru has feelings for himiko yet, i meant that what the writers are trying to do.. look, saru and himiko in the series have a number of platonic interactions more than between any other 2 otherwise unrelated cast , such as Mitsu and jeanne or Mitsu and himiko..

I guess what im trying to say here is that the writers went out of their way to give us multiple so called 'saru x himiko' moments, and i cant imagine it WONT serve a higher purpose later in the story, at the very least like i said, himiko might get kidnapped and saru will rescue her (just a POSSIBLE thought), what happens from here, whether it remains platonic or a romance will develop, its up to the writers, but if it turns out that saru x himiko ended up being hinted or becomes canon, i can buy into it and at least it would be somewhat believable for me
Jun 3, 2014 6:16 PM
May 2014
jfs said:
NiteBloomingRose said:

What gave it away was before she left to see caesar...

'This may be the last time i see this tree' (i might be about to head to my death),' but i have to see for myself' (i have to know for sure what he is thinking/feeling right now)

She was determined and willing to risk her life just to meet him and find out his true intentions/feelings, why would she go that far for someone she doesnt love? after all it should work out just fine if caesar no longer wants her: she can go to mitsu if she wanted to (btw she doesnt even react when caesar said bluntly mitsu loves her)

Bodomschild said:

IDK i doubt they will finish the manga tbh, doesnt seem to be that popular

Based on what i know the mitsu in the play is more symphatetic than the anime one, so it would make sense that he hadnt killed nobukatsu yet when ichi died, caesar in the play was nowhere near the warrior of love he was in the anime too, he was more like a creepy stalker (well anime ceasar sort of was too at first)

Either way caesar x ichi forever OTP for me LOL

Indeed, she was willing to risk her life just to see how he feels and thinks. That spoke volumes of how she had fallen for him. Yeah, Ichi didn't react at all about Mitsu liking her, she stayed entirely focused on Mitsu.

And LOL @ Warrior or Love; that title fits Caesar perfectly. XD

Agreed, Caesar/Ichi forver OTP! Haha

jfs said:

Usually people feel sorry for the inferior guy who did everything and sacrificed everything for the girl while she pines and has eyes only for the handsome aloof jerk who treats her like crap, but this series inverted that...

The inferior guy (mitsu) wasnt wiling to sacrifice his own personal ambitions (restoring his clan, or his daddy issues or whatever) to be with the girl, while the handsome jerk (superior to said guy in just about every conceivable way) did everything he can to earn her affections

If normally the girl usually still chooses the handsome guy who treats her like crap in the end over the nice guy type, why wouldnt, in this case, the girl choose the handsome guy who treasures her over anything else in the world over the inferior guy who doesnt?

Its cold, but her choice of caesar over mitsu is perfectly logical

You know, I haven't thought of that. They really did invert that and have the superior one (Caesar) treasure the girl more than the inferior one (Mitsu). And that's one reason I like Caesar/Ichi so much. You got the whole package with them. ;)

Definitely Caesar/Ichi is more logical in every way. Also Mitsu had already rejected Ichi. After being rejected like that is she just supposed to sit and wait for him to maybe get over his issues one day? When someone treasures her more than anything is there? Mitsu had his chance and got what was coming.
Jun 3, 2014 6:28 PM
May 2014
NiteBloomingRose said:

Definitely Caesar/Ichi is more logical in every way. Also Mitsu had already rejected Ichi. After being rejected like that is she just supposed to sit and wait for him to maybe get over his issues one day? When someone treasures her more than anything is there? Mitsu had his chance and got what was coming.

Yeah i cant count the number of manga/anime where the 'nice guy' who loved the girl since forever and did everything for her still lost to the superior handsome jerk type, but this one inverted that trope

You know, i would have so much more respect for mitsu if when she went to him in ep 9 he confessed like 'but i killed your little bro, can you still accept that?'

But no, he chose to hide it, because he was AFRAID OF GETTING CAUGHT, the way it was set up, if ichi or nobu had found out by another way, they will probably forgive the deed, but not for lying about it to him, your best friend secretly offing your direct relative isnt something to be taken lightly

By the time mitsu made his feelings clear in ep 13, it was too late, caesar had her and would never let her think of another man ever again with his Chocolate Cake of Love
Jun 3, 2014 6:39 PM

Oct 2010
jfs said:
I get what you mean, but we are supposed to believe Ichi liked mitsu so much, and yet she fell for caesar hard despite their lack of interactions (only ONE episode, in spite of the previous ep 13 she was obviously sad to leave mitsu and go to him), so its POSSIBLE that they might make it at least POSSIBLE at the end that himiko and saru hass a chance..

you are comparing himiko and nobu worrying about 2 different people, and nobu sharing with jeanne his own personal fears and insecurities about his past life being a man who liked destruction and death etc etc for the first time, which he never did with anyone else

Seems like you are misunderstanding me, i didnt mean that Saru has feelings for himiko yet, i meant that what the writers are trying to do.. look, saru and himiko in the series have a number of platonic interactions more than between any other 2 otherwise unrelated cast , such as Mitsu and jeanne or Mitsu and himiko..

I guess what im trying to say here is that the writers went out of their way to give us multiple so called 'saru x himiko' moments, and i cant imagine it WONT serve a higher purpose later in the story, at the very least like i said, himiko might get kidnapped and saru will rescue her (just a POSSIBLE thought), what happens from here, whether it remains platonic or a romance will develop, its up to the writers, but if it turns out that saru x himiko ended up being hinted or becomes canon, i can buy into it and at least it would be somewhat believable for me
I also said this previously, but the affection Ichi displayed for Mitsu is nothing compared to that of Himiko for Nobu. It wasn't clear if Ichi was actually in love with Mitsu at any point, but it is very clear that Himiko is very much in love with Nobu. Furthermore, Ichi had plenty of time to develop feelings for Caesar, while having an uncertain degree of feelings for Mitsu. Whereas Himiko would have 3 episodes to to get over an undying love that she's nurtured for years. Like I said I'm not saying it's impossible, it just shouldn't happen because that would be the most forced, inauthentic pairing ever.

Why does it matter if they were worrying over two different people, one of whom has been by Nobu's side for years? I'll admit that out of the two conversations, the Nobu/Jeanne one was deeper, but my point is that these sort of things only add to the implications, and don't give a clear indication of anything, because Nobu/Jeanne and Nobu/Himiko have each had a comparable number of implications and ship teases that could lead to a potential pairing. If the numbers weren't comparable, then there'd be a clear indication.

Da Vinci has had FAR more platonic and one on one interactions with with Jeanne (and I'd say Himiko too), than Hideyoshi has had with Himiko. But that doesn't mean anything does it?

I really do think I get what you're trying to say, that the minuscule interactions between Hideyoshi and Himiko create the possibility for a potential pairing at the end, and you're right, they do. But that wasn't what I had an issue with. My issue is that I just really don't think it'd be believable, given the small amount of time remaining for development, and the sheer depth of Himiko's feelings for Nobu, I don't think it'd be a good idea. But hey, if you have no problem with it that's perfectly fine. I've given my justifications as to why it shouldn't happen, but that's just my opinion.
Madara31Jun 3, 2014 6:43 PM
Jun 3, 2014 7:09 PM
May 2014
Madara31 said:
I also said this previously, but the affection Ichi displayed for Mitsu is nothing compared to that of Himiko for Nobu. It wasn't clear if Ichi was actually in love with Mitsu at any point, but it is very clear that Himiko is very much in love with Nobu. Furthermore, Ichi had plenty of time to develop feelings for Caesar, while having an uncertain degree of feelings for Mitsu. Whereas Himiko would have 3 episodes to to get over an undying love that she's nurtured for years. Like I said I'm not saying it's impossible, it just shouldn't happen because that would be the most forced, inauthentic pairing ever.

Why does it matter if they were worrying over two different people, one of whom has been by Nobu's side for years? I'll admit that out of the two conversations, the Nobu/Jeanne one was deeper, but my point is that these sort of things only add to the implications, and don't give a clear indication of anything, because Nobu/Jeanne and Nobu/Himiko have each had a comparable number of implications and ship teases that could lead to a potential pairing. If the numbers weren't comparable, then there'd be a clear indication.

Da Vinci has had FAR more platonic and one on one interactions with with Jeanne (and I'd say Himiko too), than Hideyoshi has had with Himiko. But that doesn't mean anything does it?

I really do think I get what you're trying to say, that the minuscule interactions between Hideyoshi and Himiko create the possibility for a potential pairing at the end, and you're right, they do. But that wasn't what I had an issue with. My issue is that I just really don't think it'd be believable, given the small amount of time remaining for development, and the sheer depth of Himiko's feelings for Nobu, I don't think it'd be a good idea. But hey, if you have no problem with it that's perfectly fine. I've given my justifications as to why it shouldn't happen, but that's just my opinion.

Well they dont have to an official couple at the end.. just that, depending on the final 3 episodes, at the end it could be hinted that himiko might feel drawn to saru and leave it possibly open, i also doubt they would be a full official couple at the end... but what you said (da vinci x jeanne) interactions, is different from himiko and sarus, himiko and saru e.g when he put the blanket over her, had a sort of 'heartwarming' feel to it rather than just da vinci explaining stuff to jeanne or anyone else

I agree with what you said about mitsu and ichi though, i always doubted their relationship, its like she just likes him because she needed someone being a sheltered princess and all, and mitsu and saru were the only guys out there (not an awfully diverse range of choice there) which might help explain why caesar so easily swept her off her feet

But as far as how beliaveable the himiko saru pairing is, it depends on what happens, like i said next ep they seem to have a moment together, if, for example, himiko gets kidnapped and saru desperately rescues her or something like that, i might believe that, at the end of the series, there are hints her feelings is changing, ESPECIALLY if nobu and jeanne becomes canon at the end
jfsJun 3, 2014 7:29 PM
Jun 3, 2014 7:15 PM
May 2014
jfs said:
NiteBloomingRose said:

Yeah i cant count the number of manga/anime where the 'nice guy' who loved the girl since forever and did everything for her still lost to the superior handsome jerk type, but this one inverted that trope

You know, i would have so much more respect for mitsu if when she went to him in ep 9 he confessed like 'but i killed your little bro, can you still accept that?'

But no, he chose to hide it, because he was AFRAID OF GETTING CAUGHT, the way it was set up, if ichi or nobu had found out by another way, they will probably forgive the deed, but not for lying about it to him, your best friend secretly offing your direct relative isnt something to be taken lightly

By the time mitsu made his feelings clear in ep 13, it was too late, caesar had her and would never let her think of another man ever again with his Chocolate Cake of Love

I can't either. It's so common it's expected.

I would have too. Seriously couldn't he have confided in Ichi and Nobu?

He was afraid of that and even more so he was saying someone else (Shingen) was to be suspected. And that could have ended very badly for Nobu. It's definitely not to be taken lightly.

Indeed, it was too late. LOL, his Chocolate Cake of Love. It really deserve that grand of a title with as big of a roll it played. XD
Jun 3, 2014 7:37 PM
Jun 2014
Men, you heard it here! The fastest way to a woman's heart is making her a chocolate cake! Let's all give it a shot and see how it goes! We'll be bagging ourselves our dream girls in no time!
Jun 3, 2014 7:44 PM

Oct 2010
jfs said:
what you said (da vinci x jeanne) interactions, is different from himiko and sarus, himiko and saru e.g when he put the blanket over her, had a sort of 'heartwarming' feel to it rather than just da vinci explaining stuff to jeanne or anyone else
But prior to this episode, that was pretty much the only 'heartwarming' interaction between the two of them, and was one of around maybe 3 direct interactions in total. Another one was with Nobu's sandal and that was anything but heartwarming. Conversely, Da Vinci's many interactions with Jeanne have had a sort of 'understanding' feel to them, as he gives her advice to better understand herself and others, and on which course of action to take for future endeavours. This could have also built up to a potential pairing, but they didn't.

jfs said:
But as far as how beliaveable the himiko saru pairing is, it depends on what happens, like i said next ep they seem to have a moment together, if, for example, himiko gets kidnapped and saru desperately rescues her or something like that, i might believe that, at the end of the series, there are hints her feelings is changing, ESPECIALLY if nobu and jeanne becomes canon at the end
Yeah that's true. If Nobu and Jeanne do get together, then a possible scenario may be one where Hideyoshi has feelings for Himiko, and Himiko struggles to let go of Nobu while hinting that the possibility of maybe something happening between the two of them sometime in the future isn't completely off the table. That'd be acceptable. But anything where Himiko shows even the slightest signs of romantic affection for Hideyoshi shouldn't happen in my opinion.

But we're both kinda jumping the gun here, lets wait and see what actually happens. Hideyoshi may not even have feelings for Himiko, which was my initial impression. Himiko may not even survive until the end, which I really hope doesn't happen.
Jun 3, 2014 7:50 PM
May 2014
NiteBloomingRose said:

He was afraid of that and even more so he was saying someone else (Shingen) was to be suspected. And that could have ended very badly for Nobu. It's definitely not to be taken lightly.

Indeed, it was too late. LOL, his Chocolate Cake of Love. It really deserve that grand of a title with as big of a roll it played. XD

Yeah accusing shingen was dirty

BaiHu27 said:
Men, you heard it here! The fastest way to a woman's heart is making her a chocolate cake! Let's all give it a shot and see how it goes! We'll be bagging ourselves our dream girls in no time!

Is this guy serious or is his hate glasses just that thick?

You are looking at the physical cake and not the meaning behind it.. on their wedding night ichi was expecting him to do this and that to her right away and was afraid and disliked him, but instead he made her a cake, something she has never seen before, and was kind and gentle with her, and before she realized it, she found herself warming up and being unconciously attracted to him, and she realised that he was actually a kind person (and handsome, cool etc etc etc) and she was surprised that he genuinely loved her beyond just physical attraction, and lets be honest, even by anime standards, caesar is without a doubt the best-looking guy in the NBTF universe, so when ichi sees the most handsome guy she probably ever met in her life who is manly kind and charming, not to mention he is willing to do anything for her (including saving his love rival) why shouldnt she fall for him??

Go ahead and try wooing a girl with a cake, but are you as handsome, charming, and suave as caesar? otherwise dont get your hopes up
jfsJun 3, 2014 7:53 PM
Jun 3, 2014 7:51 PM
Jun 2014
jfs said:
NiteBloomingRose said:

Yeah accusing shingen was dirty

BaiHu27 said:

Is this guy serious or is his hate glasses just that thick?

You are looking at the physical cake and not the meaning behind it.. on their wedding night ichi was expecting him to do this and that to her right away and was afraid and disliked him, but instead he made her a cake, something she has never seen before, and was kind and gentle with her, and before she realized it, she found herself warming up and being unconciously attracted to him, and she realised that he was actually a kind person (and handsome, cool etc etc etc) and she was surprised that he genuinely loved her beyond just physical attraction

Go ahead and try wooing a girl with a cake, but are you as handsome, charming, and suave as caesar? otherwise dont get your hopes up

Its a stupid joke, no need to take it seriously. I said that all in good fun. Besides, I have a girlfriend, so I got no problem in that department. :)
Jun 3, 2014 8:01 PM
May 2014
Madara31 said:
But prior to this episode, that was pretty much the only 'heartwarming' interaction between the two of them, and was one of around maybe 3 direct interactions in total. Another one was with Nobu's sandal and that was anything but heartwarming. Conversely, Da Vinci's many interactions with Jeanne have had a sort of 'understanding' feel to them, as he gives her advice to better understand herself and others, and on which course of action to take for future endeavours. This could have also built up to a potential pairing, but they didn't.

Yeah that's true. If Nobu and Jeanne do get together, then a possible scenario may be one where Hideyoshi has feelings for Himiko, and Himiko struggles to let go of Nobu while hinting that the possibility of maybe something happening between the two of them sometime in the future isn't completely off the table. That'd be acceptable. But anything where Himiko shows even the slightest signs of romantic affection for Hideyoshi shouldn't happen in my opinion.

But we're both kinda jumping the gun here, lets wait and see what actually happens. Hideyoshi may not even have feelings for Himiko, which was my initial impression. Himiko may not even survive until the end, which I really hope doesn't happen.

Well i guess i have to rewatch the series again, as you probably noticed, i only care about caesar x ichi, so the only eps i watched repeatedly is probably 14, 21 and the ones between 14-21 when caesar was whiteknighting for her, now that i have the caesar x ichi end, i can take my time to rewatch the series and enjoy it properly (if thats possible) and actually observe the nobu/jeanne/himiko triangle carefully, but the impression ive always gotten is nobu and jeanne ..

I agree the series shouldnt end with saru and himiko as an OFFICIAL couple, but it can be like in the end (cliche example) saru and himikos eyes met and they both seemed kind of embarassed, but like we agreed, something BIG has to happen in the last 3 ep between them for this to be possible, but as mentioned earlier, the last 2 ep having saru and himiko 'moments' and the next ep preview showing another, it seems possible that there will be, but if there is to be a chance for even an open ending, they have to do something big with himiko getting in troible or something by next ep, there isnt any time to waste with 3 ep left

My theory is that Mitsu will kidnap himiko and saru will fight mitsu, i mean If arthur does corrupt mitsu via excalibur and he becomes its new wielder, it makes sense saru fights him since last episode excalibur is shown as an 'anti-dragon' weapon so nobu cant win against it, which leaves saru while nobu deals with arthur
jfsJun 3, 2014 8:18 PM
Jun 3, 2014 9:23 PM
Jun 2014
I was surprised by how good Caesar looked without his mask lol... Looking at the character designs I always felt like they gave Mitsu a type of design for a villain. While Caesar looked like your usual good looking rival.
Jun 3, 2014 9:28 PM
May 2014
Bodomschild said:
I was surprised by how good Caesar looked without his mask lol... Looking at the character designs I always felt like they gave Mitsu a type of design for a villain. While Caesar looked like your usual good looking rival.

Well, i was expecting bad a scar or something... i guess he wasnt kidding when he said the only reason he wore that mask was because it attracts the ladies.. poor mitsu, because it clearly worked on ichihime too
Jun 3, 2014 9:34 PM
Jun 2014
I actually believed in him when he said that. I really wanted them to show his entire face after the mask broke, but they still had his hair blocking his eye.
Jun 3, 2014 9:38 PM
May 2014
Bodomschild said:
I actually believed in him when he said that. I really wanted them to show his entire face after the mask broke, but they still had his hair blocking his eye.

well yeah but i still thought he had a scar or something...
Jun 3, 2014 9:50 PM
Jun 2014
He did say that he wore the mask until his scar healed. I wonder if he slept with it on or if Ichihime had already seen his face without it that night? Looking back it looks like both Caesar and Ichihime were talking about each other in the previews for ep 20 and 21. All the more heartbreaking. I also wonder why they chose Ichi to say she was happy her life. If ep 9 showed she was clearly not.
Jun 3, 2014 9:52 PM
May 2014
Bodomschild said:

Like jfs, I expected at least a scar. XD Man, he healed up nicely. LOL Well, considering historical Mitsu and where it looks like this is heading, it fits. From the get go I knew Caesar was the rival character that would turn sides. He was the rival in battle of Nobu and the rival in love of Mitsu. And well, he won the big battle with the dragon's help that got him married to Ichi. And he won Ichi's affections. Wow, he was a rival that was a winner all around... until... yeah...

Men with masks are more mysterious thus it's a chick magnet so Mitsu should have known he lost as soon as the LT began. XD Poor Mitsu never stood a chance really. LOL

Bodomschild said:
He did say that he wore the mask until his scar healed. I wonder if he slept with it on or if Ichihime had already seen his face without it that night? Looking back it looks like both Caesar and Ichihime were talking about each other in the previews for ep 20 and 21. All the more heartbreaking. I also wonder why they chose Ichi to say she was happy her life. If ep 9 showed she was clearly not.

Hm, I wonder that too. I'm guessing she saw him without. They both were and it was referring this (Caesar saying he will protect Ichi no matter the cost). It really is... T.T I guess because she met Caesar and found true love. And well, she will be reunited with Caesar in death so she'll be with him.
NiteBloomingRoseJun 3, 2014 9:56 PM
Jun 3, 2014 10:47 PM
May 2014
Bodomschild said:

Well ep 9 she said she was unhappy after mitsu pushed her away, in the end i think she was a sheltered princess who in the end wanted a normal romance and find someone who would love and adore her, and mitsu was more or less the only guy around besides nobu and saru so yeah..

Its ironic she thought she was marrying caesar out of duty and was sad to part from mitsu, but ended up finding the person who would treasure her above anything else in the world,more than anyone else... when she said she was happy, she probably meant that before she died, she found her true love, no matter how short, she was blissfully happy knowing that fact..so this resolved her 'unhappiness' in ep 9, she found her happiness with caesar in the end.. both of them died having found true happiness and love with each other, it will always be sad they didnt have a chance to have a normal life as a couple together, but neither died with any regrets, they had both found their happiness

Its also worth noting in ep 14 we see a different side of ichi and caesar that they have only shown to each other, for caesar, he was no longer the jerk we knew, he was a kind and gentle person who was happy just looking at her and tried to make her smile, for Ichi, we can always describe her as 'beautiful' and pretty but only when she was with caesar you can arguably add 'cute' and 'girlish', a side she has never shown anyone else (even mitsu), so from the beginning, they really brought out each other's inner personalities (which i think is their true self), it really seems like they are soulmates in a way, though it might be odd saying this after they only know each other for a short while but i really think so

For caesar, he used to be full of ambition, greed, and desire for power and status (and lust for women probably), while Ichi always puts her brother and well being of her people and clan above all else, in the end, caesar and nobu was fighting because caesar thought arthur was the savior king while ichi believed that her brother is the savior king

In the end of the day, it was pretty simple, he didnt care about ambition, no destoying or saving the world, he just wants to spend time with her, that was enough to make him truly happy, and for her, she was finally free from her duty to her clan, and was able to love her husband with all her heart before she died

NiteBloomingRose said:

Hm, I wonder that too. I'm guessing she saw him without. They both were and it was referring this (Caesar saying he will protect Ichi no matter the cost). It really is... T.T I guess because she met Caesar and found true love. And well, she will be reunited with Caesar in death so she'll be with him.

If there is a heaven in this universe, theyll be there

Meanwhile Mitsu can continue doing this disgusting thing while thinking of ichi

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1400/44/1400440751802.jpg

FFS seriously mitsu.. thats disgusting even by your standards
jfsJun 3, 2014 11:05 PM
Jun 3, 2014 11:07 PM
May 2014
jfs said:
Bodomschild said:

Well ep 9 she said she was unhappy after mitsu pushed her away, in the end i think she was a sheltered princess who in the end wanted a normal romance and find someone who would love and adore her, and mitsu was more or less the only guy around besides nobu and saru so yeah..

Its ironic she thought she was marrying caesar out of duty and was sad to part from mitsu, but ended up finding the person who would treasure her above anything else in the world,more than anyone else... when she said she was happy, she probably meant that before she died, she found her true love, no matter how short, she was blissfully happy knowing that fact..so this resolved her 'unhappiness' in ep 9, she found her happiness with caesar in the end.. both of them died having found true happiness and love with each other, it will always be sad they didnt have a chance to have a normal life as a couple together, but neither died with any regrets, they had both found their happiness

For caesar, he used to be full of ambition, greed, and desire for power and status (and lust for women probably), while Ichi always puts her brother and well being of her people and clan above all else, in the end, caesar and nobu was fighting because caesar thought arthur was the savior king while ichi believed that her brother is the savior king

In the end of the day, it was pretty simple, he didnt care about ambition, no destoying or saving the world, he just wants to spend time with her, that was enough to make him truly happy, and for her, she was finally free from her duty to her clan, and was able to love her husband with all her heart before she died

NiteBloomingRose said:

If there is a heaven in this universe, theyll be there

Meanwhile Mitsu can continue doing this disgusting thing while thinking of ichi

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1400/44/1400440751802.jpg

FFS seriously mitsu.. thats disgusting even by your standards

Yeah, Ichi's choices of guys were so vast! Mitsu or the Monkey... While not the biggest fan of Mitsu, I can see why she would choose him with those choices.

It is very ironic indeed. As they say you can find love in the least likely places. And that's why they are such a beautiful pairing. That will definitely always be sad. They couldn't even get 10 minutes...

Like I always said, Nobu and Caesar both thought they were doing the right thing. And good people will fight & kill good people in war. And some will be on the wrong side just because of where they are born. That's life.

They definitely will be.

Uh... yeah, I was wondering what he was... Mmhm, yeah...
Jun 3, 2014 11:08 PM
Jun 2014
Yeah i kinda figured that's what she meant. I guess I just wanted her to say something more specific like " I found my soulmate" or something romantic like that as her last words. Though looking back Ichihime has always been more of a poetic type character talking in metaphors. In the end though actions speak louder than words and she proved that Caesar>Mitsuhide.
Jun 3, 2014 11:16 PM
May 2014
Bodomschild said:
Yeah i kinda figured that's what she meant. I guess I just wanted her to say something more specific like " I found my soulmate" or something romantic like that as her last words. Though looking back Ichihime has always been more of a poetic type character talking in metaphors. In the end though actions speak louder than words and she proved that Caesar>Mitsuhide.

Yeah, Ichi has always been more poetic. Also with how she was raised she was probably taught to keep her feelings hidden so to suddenly go straight up confessing would probably be hard. But yeah, actions speak louder than words and always have for her.
Jun 3, 2014 11:19 PM
May 2014
Bodomschild said:

Yeah that scene when she crawled past mitsu towards caesar calling his name while totally ignoring his cry of 'ICHIHIME!!!' was.. yeah

Um was Caesar > Mitsu ever in any doubt?

Caesar VS Mitsu
-Probably most handsome character in NBTF world - Sick of jelly faces and dumb hairflips
-Can use regalia, has mecha, smart, strong -Cant use regalia, strategies backfire all the time
-Chooses love over wealth,ambition, duty - Chooses daddy issues/clan problems over love
-Calm and cool in almost any situation - Loses temper moment daddy is mentioned
jfsJun 3, 2014 11:26 PM
Jun 3, 2014 11:25 PM
May 2014
jfs said:
Bodomschild said:

Yeah that scene when she crawled past mitsu towards caesar calling his name while totally ignoring his cry of 'ICHIHIME!!!' was.. yeah

Um was Caesar > Mitsu ever in any doubt?

Caesar VS Mitsu
-Probably most handsome character in NBTF world - Sick of jelly faces and dumb hairflips
-Can use regalia, has mecha, smart, strong -Cant use regalia, strategies backfire all the time
-Chooses love over wealth,ambition, duty - Chooses daddy issues/clan problems over love
-Calm and cool in almost any situation - Loses temper moment daddy is mentioned

It was like she didn't even hear him. Like he might as well not have been there. XD

Caesar definitely is the most handsome. B-but those hair flips are supposed to be cool... (Mitsu probably thinks so anyways with how dramatic he does it. XD)

Yeah... Caesar is better in every way. And when you put it like that... Mitsu sounds even more pathetic. XD
NiteBloomingRoseJun 3, 2014 11:29 PM
Jun 3, 2014 11:27 PM
May 2014
NiteBloomingRose said:

It was like she didn't even hear him. Like he might as well not have been there. XD

Caesar definitely is the most handsome. B-but those hair flips are supposed to be cool... (Mitsu probably thinks so anyways with how dramatic he does it. XD)

Yeah... Caesar is better in every way. And when you put it like that... Mitsu sounds even more pathetic. XD

And lets not forget EP 17 when caesar reminded him who is the boss...

Caesar: So mitsu, i didnt know ya got daddy issues
Mitsu:CAESAR!
Caesar: see, thats what i mean.. man.. how old are you? youre still obsessed over your dad LOL, Not to mention you cant even use a regalia, weak, and can only hope to be a strategist HAHAHAHA
Mitsu: GRRRRHHH

2 hours later.....

Caesar: so... like.,. i mean you cant use a regalia, have daddy issues, cant confess your feelings to the girl you like, and your face is twisted with hate and jealousy for me, the guy who saved your ass.. WOW, how much more of a loser can you be???

Mitsu: SHUT UP, YOU WEAR THAT DUMB MASK, YOU AINT GOT THE RIGHT!!!1

Caesar: Oh, this? i just wear it because it makes be super popular with the ladies, btw it seems to work on Ichihime too...

Mitsu: GAH!

Caesar: BTW, ichihime is too good for you, you cant make her happy, im the only one who can, you arent worthy of her, but i am, CIAO!
Jun 3, 2014 11:30 PM
May 2014
jfs said:
NiteBloomingRose said:

And lets not forget EP 17 when caesar reminded him who is the boss...

Caesar: So mitsu, i didnt know ya got daddy issues
Mitsu:CAESAR!
Caesar: see, thats what i mean.. man.. how old are you? youre still obsessed over your dad LOL, Not to mention you cant even use a regalia, weak, and can only hope to be a strategist HAHAHAHA
Mitsu: GRRRRHHH

2 hours later.....

Caesar: so... like.,. i mean you cant use a regalia, have daddy issues, cant confess your feelings to the girl you like, and your face is twisted with hate and jealousy for me, the guy who saved your ass.. WOW, how much more of a loser can you be???

Mitsu: SHUT UP, YOU WEAR THAT DUMB MASK, YOU AINT GOT THE RIGHT!!!1

Caesar: Oh, this? i just wear it because it makes be super popular with the ladies, btw it seems to work on Ichihime too...

Mitsu: GAH!

Caesar: BTW, ichihime is too good for you, you cant make her happy, im the only one who can, you arent worthy of her, but i am, CIAO!

All of those burns were priceless (one of my fave scenes in this series)! XD And Mitsu couldn't even come up with a good come back. Seriously that was so weak. LOL Seriously attack a mask that only hides half his face? That's jjust weak.

Well, Caesar was right, he was the one to make Ichi happy. All Mitsu could do was wallow in pain (that's all he successfully does anyways...)
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

98 by Vindicater »»
Jul 16, 2023 5:00 AM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

76 by Dobko »»
Aug 25, 2022 3:53 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

79 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:37 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2014

105 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:10 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2014

133 by Dobko »»
Aug 23, 2022 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.