Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2008 5:09 PM
Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was an sizable amount of akuma... Pretty cool episode though, as many of these have been in my opinion. Hope they rejoin with Allen though, not to mention the fact that Cross is so often mentioned but never seen.
Jan 25, 2008 6:13 PM
Sep 2007
Wohoooo, I love D Gray man can't wait for the next one!
Hi
Jan 25, 2008 6:23 PM

Nov 2006
pretty good episode i just wish they would hurry up with allen.

Jan 25, 2008 8:43 PM

Jul 2007
Not a bad episode, thankful that the chase of the lvl3 akumas is now over.. was starting to feel like filler >_<

My main focus is wanting allen to reunite with his innocence and kick some ass in japan. Still some ways off i think.
Jan 25, 2008 10:20 PM
Nov 2007
it was an okay episode, felt like the story was being dragged along with the level 3 akuma chase. still cant wait til Allen revive his innocence...
Jan 26, 2008 6:38 AM

Apr 2007
OMG, I loved the omake xD
Jan 26, 2008 10:03 AM

Oct 2007
Night said:
OMG, I loved the omake xD

i agree. allen and kanda male fanservie LOL.

hopefully itll start moving faster... the lvl 3 akuma that tyki sent is now at asian headquarters...... should get a lot more exciting!!

im glad the akuma chase is over in edo... finally more action.
Jan 26, 2008 1:40 PM

May 2007
This episode was actually a nice build-up episode for Allen's comeback. Well, in sorts anyway. At least next week it looks like we'll finally see Level 3 enter the China base.
Jan 31, 2008 2:36 PM

Nov 2007
These have been a horrible few episodes - I am pretty sad that this series has gotten worse as it goes on! This was like the exact same tripe as the last six episodes.
Elsewhere, a somewhat startled Warren Worthington III finds that he has accidentally wandered into an electrified east-side world of post-twist teens and watsui-ing teeny-boppers...
Aug 16, 2008 3:54 AM

Jan 2008
They have no chance against that army man....and how freaking long is going to take Allen to recover??
Dec 25, 2008 12:31 PM

Jul 2008
I'm also glad that that chase is over now, but are they've been defeated in such easily way? 3 lv.3 in 1 attack... wierd, but this is shounen :D Now waiting for Allen to show in last moment and save their sorry asses from Earl and Noahs :D
Apr 16, 2009 2:24 AM

Apr 2009
Allen needs to hurry up and get his damn arm back, it's becoming tedius and boring. Not to mention attacking that size of an army while already damaged? Stupid.
Aug 14, 2009 1:21 PM

May 2008
aero said:
They have no chance against that army man....and how freaking long is going to take Allen to recover??
I agree..
Nov 16, 2009 3:48 AM

Jun 2009
UchihaItachi6660 said:
how STUPID can lavi's group be to attack an army of level 3's, 4 Noahs, and the Earl himself?

I agree. Recklessly and silly to attack them. Even with the marshal together it would be hardly to win, but so... In general without variants.
Jan 23, 2010 2:10 PM

Jan 2009
YAY they now know ALLEN'S NOT DEAD!!!

but I'm afraid they won't BREATHE enough after facing that army of level 3 to see him...
Big baka's...

Jan 31, 2010 4:48 PM

Sep 2008
Uhm. I absolutely do not get why Lavi and co. just revealed themselves so blatantly and stupidly to the EARL, a bunch of Noahs, and all the level 3 akuma in Japan. They're all beat up, and Lenalee almost killed herself just taking down ONE level 3 akuma... yet they're all, "It's not a losing battle lalala." I don't know. I couldn't even think of it as brave. It just seems too reckless and ridiculous. DDD<

Yay. Now they know Allen's alive~ Maybe that akuma that's at the base in China will be enough to force Allen's arm to come back...
Mar 8, 2011 7:33 PM

Feb 2011
you're totally right...it was nonsense. they don't have a chance...they're a small group, and they're all hurt!! lenalee needs helps do walk...lavi can't use a arm. allen!!! where are you??? let's face it...allen, alone, can't save them. they need marian
hapiness only real, when shared
May 11, 2011 11:37 AM

Jul 2010
Now what the hell was this nonsense? What's up with the second half?
I was watching it and couldn't understand if this is someone's dream or reality.
One moment they are going to meet up with Cross and the other moment they are fighting Millienium Earl??
Gosh, I will stop here, it's pointless now.
Looking forward to the battle at the Asian branch, since it's the only thing which makes sense atm. xD
Oct 28, 2011 2:27 PM

Feb 2010
This episode was weird and their decisions seem so stupid how can they fight so many when they are so hurt.... but on the positive side they found out Allen is still alive
Sheepshaman.png
Jan 2, 2012 1:15 PM

Dec 2009
Something felt rushed, or maybe it's just me... but I find it very reckless that out of nowhere the exorcists decided to go attack the Earl.
Jan 6, 2013 4:41 AM

Jan 2012
So intense. The battle looks impossible to win.

May 6, 2013 2:40 PM

May 2012
Some interesting development, stuff is really building up here I wonder when they're actually going to reunite with Allen! Lets see what's next!
Jun 1, 2014 6:44 PM

Apr 2014
Crow and Lavi make an awesome tag team.
May 31, 2015 7:44 PM

Aug 2008
I really hope that trio wasn't destroyed, would completely deflate that fight Lenalee had with her own lvl 3 if those guys were taken out so easily. Hopefully they were just disabled temporarily...
Jun 30, 2015 2:41 AM

Jul 2013
That attack of Lavi with Crowly was pretty awesome, also I don't think that they have a chance against this might of Lvl 3 Akuma + the Noahs and the Earl.

How will they survive? But it was nice when Tyki asked if Lenalee is Allens girlfriend :D

Jun 15, 2016 7:14 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Did they really just put themselves in the most danger they'll probably ever be in? Like holy shit there's way too many level 3s, PLUS NOAHS. Yes go on if you all have a death wish, otherwise it's not going to help anyone if 4 exorcists die plus 4 innocence destroyed, and there's not enough exorcists as it is. I don't understand. I hope we see some kind of legit rationalization for this otherwise smh. Lavi's super pissed though, we didn't see it before, but it's now it's even more obvious how much Allen's "death" affected him as well, especially when he recognized Tyki. Really though, none of them are in top condition.

I wonder what Allen and his Innocence is seeking.
Jun 16, 2016 12:11 AM

Aug 2008
So let me get this straight... Lavi and co. can barely get away, not fight, barely GET AWAY from a single level 3, yet when there's ALL of Japan's level 3's gathered, plus 4 Noah's, PLUS THE FUCKING EARL HIMSELF, Lavi and everyone else (except Chomesuke because she's the only one with a brain cell) all of the sudden think they can take them on?! WTF?!?!?

Not only that, Bookman himself was thinking that they should avoid contact with anyone because only himself, Lavi and Krory can fight. Even it was JUST those 3 there than they could at least run away by themselves, but they have 3 non-exorcists, Lenalee who can barely use her legs if at all, Miranda who isn't really a fighter and Chomesuke who is just a modified demon to help them get to Edo, yet they (again, except Chomesuke because she's actually smart) blow their cover and try to take on quite literally an army with the Commader and four Lieutenants present thinking they can win when before they struggled against just one measly soldier. Why did Bookman allow them to do this when he was just thinking before about how few their numbers are? If anything I feel like this is insulting to all those who died on ship because they're just throwing their lives away after all the sacrifices that got them there in the first place. Ok, I know they probably wont die because of plot armor, but that actually makes it worse because there was seriously no reason at all to blow their cover, but since the plot needs to continue they (at least the exorcists, anyway) need to survive

This has got to be one of the stupidest decisions I've ever seen, EVER. The only logical thing I can think of why they would blow their cover in front of a level 3 demon army is if they tried to take out the Earl while he was there, but if they thought a lame attack like Lavi's hammer could actually kill the Earl than I guess it's no wonder they thought they could take on an army of level 3's

Okay, rant over

But seriously, though; what the fuck???
I forgot how to signature...
Jul 1, 2016 12:46 AM

Nov 2012
Agreed, I was like "are you kidding me?" when Lavi used that fire dragon right in front of thousands of Level 3 Akuma, the Earl, and 4 Noahs.... I don't remember how the hell they survive this, but it's going to have to be some ridiculous crap because they can't even defeat one Akuma. I guess the generals are going to come there to save their ass or something.
Aug 28, 2016 7:29 AM

Jul 2013
WTF are these people doing? They can't even beat one Level 3 Demon and now they plunge themselves into an army of it, plus with four Noahs and a major plus, THE FVCKING MILLENIUM EARL!

Expecting something convenient like the Marshalls coming to save their stupid asses next episode.
Sep 10, 2016 5:09 AM
Aug 2014
So was that all it took for lavi and crowley to defeat 3 level 3s??? That wasn’t drawn up well at well. Made the ship scene with lenalee and Eshi, the level 3 akuma, look pathetic. What was the point in doing all that running away and hiding those last 3 wasteful episodes.
Oct 16, 2016 3:39 PM
Sep 2009
We won't know until we try... dudes, you tried. Lenalle ended up doing suicide attack to just take 1 down and you guys think you can take on 100s in your beat up states? That was just plain stupid.
Feb 4, 2017 4:56 PM
Jan 2012
good episode and much action. Very harder for group of friends of allen travel for to Edo.
Allen are strugling to stay better conditions of battle.
Lavy and Krory stay much excited's to battle of thane/count of millenium. I hope good fight's in next's episodes.
RafaKojiroFeb 4, 2017 5:12 PM
Apr 29, 2018 3:53 AM

Dec 2017
The episode is very beautiful as expected and I also hope that Lavi can defeat Tyki mikk and I hope that Allen is fine and defeat that Akuma
Dec 17, 2020 7:50 AM

May 2017
Holy shit, what a dumb episode...

Seriously, they have been running away from 3 akuma the past few episodes, and they haven't even come close to beating a single one, yet all of the sudden they come up with the genius plan to attack an entire army of level 3 akumas, several Noah clan members, and as if that wasn't enough the freaking Millennium Earl too. All this while they are all injured btw. What exactly was the plan here?

The second half of this anime isn't doing it for me, I hope it gets better later on.
Jun 29, 2021 6:39 AM
Dec 2020
sadly it wont cuz its fucking SHIT
Jul 20, 2022 10:24 AM

May 2018
Lavi and friends committing suicide, colorised, circa 2007

Also Allen is never going to get his Innocence back x3
Feb 10, 2023 12:29 PM

May 2020
NO FUCKING WAY these people seriously came out with the intent of going toe to toe against four noah and Millenium Earl himself, when they were struggling that bad against few level 3 akumas. This was.. stupid. As simple as that.

Courage is commendable but you should know the things you can do. Leading upto some huge mess now, I can feel.

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 51 Discussion

ashura - Oct 5, 2007

24 by Cammell »»
Mar 23, 6:49 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 20 Discussion

kie_ - Sep 14, 2008

27 by Gouveiaa »»
Jan 10, 4:08 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 3 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

27 by lovefromyani »»
Jan 10, 12:43 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 2 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

41 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:40 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 16, 2008

83 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.