Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2014 9:50 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Giorno is Dio's son huh? Interesting so that makes Josuke killed him...

Jan 10, 2017 11:44 PM

Jan 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Giorno is Dio's son huh? Interesting so that makes Josuke killed him...

lol *It means Jotaro killed him!

Pretty interesting turn of events. The thought had crossed my mind last chapter so I basically called it. At the same time, wow did I not see this coming at all. Never would have expected Dio, in Johnathans body, would have a child during part 3.

And that picture. Very nostalgic! Love how Jotaro keeps it around. Good ol' Iggy & pals
Feb 13, 2017 8:41 AM

Aug 2014

I love the look on his face once the conversation went south xD

BRUH
Nov 6, 2017 2:11 PM

Feb 2013
He is Dio's son!
Lol, that guy licked his face, that's nasty.
Jan 7, 2019 9:18 AM

Feb 2013
The taste of a liar, is it sweet or salty?
Jan 27, 2020 7:47 AM

May 2016
"This is the taste of a liar, Giorno Giovanna!"
I'm so happy that the anime did this scene so much justice ♡

Bruno's awfully chummy uwu

Oct 6, 2020 4:39 PM

Jun 2016
Firstly, I want to comment on Jotaro's conversation with Koichi. He's still cherishing a photograph from the Crusaders days, real touching and sad. Also something I thought the anime made up but is retroactively canon! I also liked seeing him apologize for putting Koichi in danger before wiring him some cash. He's a sweetheart.

The scene ended with another 'serene' comment when describing Giorno before cutting to a tranquil Giorno looking out the window. He's really beautiful and his serene nature when juxtaposed with his lifestyle and determination give him an air of charisma. It makes me instantly awestruck and wanting to know more.

Buccelati, I assume, made the chapter intense! But the special eccentric kind of intense JoJo is known for. Like Luca, also making Luca no longer an inconsequential Joe Schmoe existing to show off a stand, Buccelati had a similar mannerism. Starting eccentric and overly friendly before intimidating the boy. And his conversation about what Giorno would do with a bag of money was in fact intimidation hidden with friendliness. It was a declaration that he could see a liar before turning overtly intimidating to ask about Luca.

Some wonderful close poses and eventually transferring Luca's eyeball in his palm was stylish and ruthless. The lick, well, it makes me think of Speedwagon's line about smelling evil. I remember telling my friend that he meant so likely metaphorically having grown up around villains, but Buccelati seems to taste lies literally.

I also wanted to touch on Giorno's response. He would steal the cash, showing more self interest, he would split the money with a cop, showing pragmatism and cunning, he then held his composure together and didn't sweat, nerves of steel and a decision to avoid conflict if possible. The last, conflict avoidance, is a theme as well since he robbed and fled Koichi, and Luca killed himself. It was overall an encounter very dense in characterization.

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Vento Aureo Chapter 100 Discussion

Stark700 - May 28, 2014

6 by mistercb »»
Mar 22, 8:26 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Vento Aureo Chapter 105 Discussion

Stark700 - May 28, 2014

5 by lolware »»
Feb 15, 7:54 AM

» Are there any characters (from JoJo or any other IPs) that wear an outfit like Giorno's?

Saori_Shun - Feb 12

1 by Adnash »»
Feb 12, 5:31 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Vento Aureo Chapter 52 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Mar 20, 2013

7 by lolware »»
Jan 31, 12:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Chapter 155 Discussion

Mana - Nov 10, 2016

15 by sillywackygatto »»
Sep 20, 2023 7:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.