Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2009 4:59 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wah, I kinda wished that Marimo would have bumped into everyone else, but I guess that might have made Kana feel a little too distant... I'm glad that they gave her an actual appearance, and her character traits are likable... but there's just something about her...

I loved the nice Saki scene though; she's so evil. <3

*sigh* Only 1 episode left...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2009 9:54 AM

Oct 2007
This episode was nice and calming.

If the manga is still ongoing like K-On!, this series may be eligible for a second season.

I seriously hope we get a second season of this, this show was so awesome.
Sep 24, 2009 10:05 AM

Jul 2009
This Episode Was Great cant wait for 13 xD
Sep 24, 2009 11:36 AM
May 2009
Gotta love the shiritori at the end >:^D!
Sep 24, 2009 8:55 PM
Feb 2009
lol when haruka demonstrate how to use her feng sui stuff and love the part how saki get all her friends to help.

ah... kinda hope to see the marimo and saki meeting each other...
hope next episode kana wont feel down anymore or else it will also make me depress...>.<
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 24, 2009 9:34 PM

Aug 2008
The successor meets the predecessor. How fitting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2009 6:38 PM

Feb 2009
I still have mixed feelings about it, although I'm glad that Marimo actually had an appearance, I'm upset that it was so sudden and Kana didn't even notice it. Also, her personality is a little too perfect for me, it's like she has no flaws, she can sell well, she's friendly, she's nice, she's beautiful, she can sing, all animals love her, well of course Kana's feeling a little put out! Even Saki demonstrated some favoritism when mentioning her, so it makes me wonder what was the real purpose of even making her have an appearance, because I don't think it put Kana's self-esteem back up....

Sep 25, 2009 10:48 PM

Sep 2008
DarcyD said:
I still have mixed feelings about it, although I'm glad that Marimo actually had an appearance, I'm upset that it was so sudden and Kana didn't even notice it. Also, her personality is a little too perfect for me, it's like she has no flaws, she can sell well, she's friendly, she's nice, she's beautiful, she can sing, all animals love her, well of course Kana's feeling a little put out! Even Saki demonstrated some favoritism when mentioning her, so it makes me wonder what was the real purpose of even making her have an appearance, because I don't think it put Kana's self-esteem back up....
Don't you think that Marimo gave off a very motherly vibe though? I mean, in no way is she perfect, she's pretty childish for her age, comically scuffling into bushes and what not. She sold extremely well because everything was like 10 yen though, though I still think she has an outgoing personality.

On the other hand, I think she was there to cheer Kana up. Kana left the market all gloomy, but I feel as though those parting words about blooming give Kana the courage to just look forward to each new day with the people around her now.
Sep 26, 2009 3:51 AM

May 2008
Marimo is a awesome character it would be awesome if she was the main character of this show

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 27, 2009 3:17 AM

Apr 2009
Too bad it ends at the next episode :( I want more Kanamemo.
Nice ep overall as usual :3
Sep 28, 2009 4:39 PM

Feb 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
DarcyD said:
Don't you think that Marimo gave off a very motherly vibe though? I mean, in no way is she perfect, she's pretty childish for her age, comically scuffling into bushes and what not. She sold extremely well because everything was like 10 yen though, though I still think she has an outgoing personality.

On the other hand, I think she was there to cheer Kana up. Kana left the market all gloomy, but I feel as though those parting words about blooming give Kana the courage to just look forward to each new day with the people around her now.

Oh yes, I definitely agree with you about that. Marimo does have a motherly figure, but I just wish if they had brought her, they'd keep her because lots of fans enjoy her already, you know? I just don't totally understand the point of that but I am glad she cheered Kana up, although I wish Mika had done it, because they make a totally cute pairing. ^_^
And there's still a point to be made--- Marimo was created with a perfectionist personality that even though she still helped Kana out when she needed it, there's nothing that indicates that they may be something wrong with Marimo that led to her leaving. Or maybe she was so perfect she got a job doing something better? It's just a little frustrating to see a perfectly made character, because they still the light of the plot, or in this case, Kana, who even recognizes that she has some pretty big shoes to fill.

Sep 28, 2009 6:25 PM

Apr 2008
nice episode ... sadly its only left with one more episode ...

Sep 28, 2009 10:42 PM

Sep 2007
This is probably the episode I enjoyed most so far. I do like Marimo. From what I understood, she's the type of person who drifts around, having fun journeys, enjoying life. Hence why she left the newspaper, and why she's working in a farm (or is she just selling vegetables?...). Her personality traits may be "perfect", but her major "flaw" is that she doesn't seem to settle down in one place...

I'm sad that the next episode is the last. This series has grown on me, despite the pervert Haruka scenes (Haruka just makes me want to hit her and give her a permanent concussion lol). Also I'll miss the cute Yuki and Yume moments :(
Sep 29, 2009 2:40 AM

Feb 2009
Ashrie said:
This is probably the episode I enjoyed most so far. I do like Marimo. From what I understood, she's the type of person who drifts around, having fun journeys, enjoying life. Hence why she left the newspaper, and why she's working in a farm (or is she just selling vegetables?...). Her personality traits may be "perfect", but her major "flaw" is that she doesn't seem to settle down in one place...

I'm sad that the next episode is the last. This series has grown on me, despite the pervert Haruka scenes (Haruka just makes me want to hit her and give her a permanent concussion lol). Also I'll miss the cute Yuki and Yume moments :(

I dunno if I'd call that a flaw but I understand why you would say that cuz its the only thing going maybe not so "perfect" for her. xD

Sep 29, 2009 2:59 AM

Sep 2008
DarcyD said:
And there's still a point to be made--- Marimo was created with a perfectionist personality that even though she still helped Kana out when she needed it, there's nothing that indicates that they may be something wrong with Marimo that led to her leaving. Or maybe she was so perfect she got a job doing something better? It's just a little frustrating to see a perfectly made character, because they still the light of the plot, or in this case, Kana, who even recognizes that she has some pretty big shoes to fill.
I don't think her personality is perfect even now though. Perhaps most of what you are seeing is her mature side (thus having the responsibility to drive and set up her own little shop in the market). We can see that she might not be the best with understanding emotions since she didn't comprehend Kana's ears of happiness.

To build on what Ashrie said, not being attached to something has its pros and cons. I don't think we can correctly judge her from an episode and a flashback. I can see why you think otherwise though since all the other girls have a certain trait to them, and we see it develop, but sometimes it doesn't have to be a weakness or something along those lines.
Sep 29, 2009 8:46 AM
Nov 2008
Oh wow, I really liked Marimo. Felt like a character from Aria, and I love me some Aria. Just...pure happy. Very enjoyable episode, very interesting character, and adorable Saki ftw!

Regardless of how "perfect" Marimo may or may not be, think about how her personality would thoroughly conflict with Saki. Randomly wandering, underselling, etc. I think this episode only made her flashback story even more interesting.
Oct 2, 2009 4:48 PM

Sep 2009
Woah! *MELTED* This was my favorite episode so far XD So many cute moments and I actually really love Marimo's character.

Yup *sighs* just one episode remaining T_T
Oct 3, 2009 8:17 AM

Jul 2009
Haha Saki really know how to take advantage out of her innocent looks xD
The devil in disguise ^^

Nice to see Marimo to make an appearance also, seems like she's grown quite a bit from the girl who always got lost though, as others have pointed out she almost itoo perfect.

I wonder what happened to Mika though after she got dumped by Kana, too bad they left that one out.
Oct 8, 2009 12:21 AM

Sep 2009
This show seems to get better the more I watch.
Jul 4, 2010 2:40 AM

Sep 2009
Saki is funny as :)
wish marimo had told Kana her name >.<

Nov 27, 2010 5:32 AM

Nov 2010
i wonder what the point was for the creators to make it so marimo sold the veggies really cheap than say "it didn't go well to be honest".
Jun 5, 2013 6:48 PM

Nov 2011
That little song at the sunset kinda caught me in. Nice episode and helping the elderly? ;) nice.
Jun 16, 2013 6:47 PM

May 2012
That was really nice, I wasn't actually expecting her to be actually catching up with her or anyone else in the first place. I was a bit disappointed that she wasn't reunited with the others but well the flea market sure was an interesting concept! I liked this episode and it's sad to know the next one is the last of this great series!
Jan 1, 2014 5:33 PM

Jul 2013
Episode was great. I really like when Marimo gets another full appearance in here interacting with Kana. Though I wished she appear more frequently throughout the season. She is a nice lady with a great singing voice.

Well onward to the final episode.

Jun 14, 2014 1:33 AM

Oct 2013
haha nice ep one left makes me sad
[/quote]
Oct 14, 2014 6:58 AM

Apr 2014
nice calming episode probably the best one so far
May 4, 2016 2:28 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
HawthorneKitty said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wah, I kinda wished that Marimo would have bumped into everyone else, but I guess that might have made Kana feel a little too distant... I'm glad that they gave her an actual appearance, and her character traits are likable... but there's just something about her...

I loved the nice Saki scene though; she's so evil. <3

You and probably everyone here, I wanted it to happen but it was clear it would after some minutes in it.
Saki is reminds me of Rika from Higurashi.
Mar 17, 2021 12:19 PM
Jun 2016
The scene where Kana was following the woman, I was kind of expecting them to end up in Kana's house before she worked in Fuhshin Gazette. I mean, it's the 2nd to the last episode and I think that makes sense.

When the woman said she used to work at a newspaper business as well, I thought to myself: "Wait, is she Marimo?"
Jun 1, 2021 1:14 AM

Feb 2020
Marimo is such a great character. I't shame she doesn't get enough of screentime.
Jun 30, 2022 11:29 AM

Aug 2018
Such event in their place is good.. Where a lot of people selling all kinds of stuff.. Even if I wouldn't necessary want to buy anything, visiting it could be interesting, to see various things..
Kana is getting more and more depressed, it feels..
Isn't it Marimo Kana bumped into?..
Well, idea of event can be just to make people happy with the event, really.. Maybe you can earn money, but if you won't - well, maybe that's not your goal in the first place.. So in this place exactly I can understand Marimo..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanamemo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

paskyx - Jul 26, 2009

79 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 2, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Kanamemo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Jul 6, 2009

79 by Yuri-Crusader »»
Jan 1, 2023 1:27 AM

Poll: » Kanamemo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 27, 2009

57 by Gendolfas »»
Jun 30, 2022 12:10 PM

Poll: » Kanamemo Episode 11 Discussion

arsonal - Sep 13, 2009

28 by Gendolfas »»
Jun 30, 2022 10:50 AM

Poll: » Kanamemo Episode 10 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Sep 6, 2009

22 by Gendolfas »»
Jun 30, 2022 7:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.