Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 11, 2014 4:08 PM
Mar 2014
Just wondering how you feel about the subject and why? I for one am a supporter and feel that everyone has a right to get married. I know of a lot of people who get married just because they're expecting a baby but two men or two women who love each other can't get married, which I think is ridiculous, but that's just me. I'm not really religious so what the bible says doesn't really change my opinion and I'm still a firm supporter.

What about you guys?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 11, 2014 4:10 PM

Sep 2011
this sums up my thoughts on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqXWS7Efgcc#t=17

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 11, 2014 4:11 PM

Aug 2013
< Is gay

Yes, I support my own rights
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
May 11, 2014 4:12 PM

Sep 2011
Is anyone against gay rights anymore other than red necks and extreme bible-thumpers? Didn't realise this was a thing. . .

((If it wasn't obvious by the previous passive aggressive stab questioning the necessity of this post, I am for gay rights))

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
May 11, 2014 4:12 PM

Dec 2013
I honestly don't care if people like a dick or not. I don't know why people do care either, because it probably won't affect them in any way.
The controversy around this topic is so fucking annoying
May 11, 2014 4:13 PM

Mar 2014
I've never really cared, let the fruitcakes get married.
May 11, 2014 4:15 PM

May 2014
I am completely apathetic towards gays. So sure.
May 11, 2014 4:16 PM

Aug 2013
Lime_ said:
Is anyone against gay rights anymore other than red necks and extreme bible-thumpers? Didn't realise this was a thing. . .
A fair number of people, most of Africa at least...and Russia, Japan, etc. etc.

It's less of a big deal to youth in America/Europe
Want to talk?
Club!

Apr 2013
I am neither.
an egomaniac and a fool

Mar 2014
Lime_ said:

((If it wasn't obvious by the previous passive aggressive stab questioning the necessity of this post, I am for gay rights))

I've never met red necks before and the number of people I've met that were for gay rights I can count on one hand.

If the previous post wasn't obvious, yes it's still a thing.
May 11, 2014 4:18 PM

Jan 2014
Why would I be against it? You'd have to be a huge douchebag to care about what others do with their life.
May 11, 2014 4:19 PM

Aug 2013
They don't bother me, I don't bother them.

Now if they start going like "Hurr durr I'm gay your not pleeb", that's a different story.

May 11, 2014 4:21 PM

Aug 2013
Sure why not, marriage is all a pile of nonsense outdated rules anyway, if they want in on it why not. Its not as sacred as people make it out to be, its two peoples names on a piece of paper. If gays live together and love each other they might as well be married anyway.

The fact that people even make the effort to try to stop them just shows how boring their lives must be to try to stop something like that anyway and anyway some gay couples can be really cute and easy to talk to.
May 11, 2014 4:21 PM
Jan 2014
I don't care and it's none of my business, honestly if homosexuals are happy for being able to marry and such then that's good, I'm glad for them.
Btut please Don't go around the world making a big fuss of how proud you are to be gay or a gay rights supporter. Most of the people don't give a fuck and it doesn't make you any kind of special snowflake.

My 2 cents.
May 11, 2014 4:22 PM

Jul 2011
This basically
May 11, 2014 4:23 PM

Mar 2013
I don't care what people do behind closed doors as long as everyone involved consents.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
May 11, 2014 4:23 PM

Mar 2014
Endycia said:
I don't care and it's none of my business, honestly if homosexuals are happy for being able to marry and such then that's good, I'm glad for them.
Btut please Don't go around the world making a big fuss of how proud you are to be gay or a gay rights supporter. Most of the people don't give a fuck and it doesn't make you any kind of special snowflake.

Like this?
May 11, 2014 4:24 PM

Sep 2011
Mogu-sama said:
Lime_ said:
A fair number of people, most of Africa at least...and Russia, Japan, etc. etc.

It's less of a big deal to youth in America/Europe

Yeah, guess I don't have much experience outside of social media and news aggregate sites / forums in which 98% of any poster is either for gay rights or just doesn't give a poop. --Suppose I might be ignorant to the ongoings of other countries - as long as I can shit-post on MAL and watch my japanese cartoons x.x;;;

((percentage made up, of course))

@High5Ghost, nice! Using the same passive aggressiveness back against me - clever! Apologies that you were brought up in a backwards part of the world, ganbatte~

May 11, 2014 4:27 PM

Jun 2012
Of course, just because someone is different doesn't mean they shouldn't have equal rights. If two guys want to get married, why shouldn't they? Just because one doesn't have a vagina doesn't change the fact that they love each other.
May 11, 2014 4:27 PM

Nov 2008
Lime_ said:

In the US those are the only people against gay rights, then you have the Middle East, and the issue with gay marriage not being recognized in Japan but that's not due to hate whatsoever but ignorance.

May 11, 2014 4:28 PM

Aug 2013
I don't see any rational reason as to why anyone would be against it. That's stupid.
May 11, 2014 4:29 PM
Jan 2013
I hope I don't sound like a stick in the mud, but...

I'm fine with gays, they don't bother me and a man can love a man and a woman can love a woman, whatever. But, I believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman only.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2014 4:29 PM

Dec 2013
Question, why does it necessarily have to be called gay rights? I just see it as a right of any person to marry whoever they want. I'm not for homosexuality and the like but I'm for free will and choice.
May 11, 2014 4:30 PM

Mar 2014
Personally, I find women much more interesting than men; intellectually, physically, socially, pretty much in every way. I used to be against the whole thing but now....whatever. Is it apathy or ignorance? Man, I don't know and I don't care. Let the world fucking burn!
May 11, 2014 4:30 PM

Jul 2011
Moog- said:
I don't see any rational reason as to why anyone would be against it. That's stupid.

Not if religion is very important in your life
May 11, 2014 4:32 PM

May 2014
as a bi sexual. of course i support gay rights. few people in the civilized countries oppose it, just a loud minority of bigots.
May 11, 2014 4:33 PM

Oct 2013
They're humans, they have rights.
May 11, 2014 4:34 PM

May 2014
Praland said:
Moog- said:

i know religious people who are fully supportive of the rights of homosexuals.
May 11, 2014 4:36 PM

Jul 2011
mirglof said:
Praland said:
Moog- said:

i know religious people who are fully supportive of the rights of homosexuals.

And i know not religious people that are against.
I write "very important", that means people that practically lives for it, that takes the basis of they religion very strongly and is very closed in mind.
That kind of "very important" aspect of they lifes.
May 11, 2014 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
Don't really care.

Unless the girl I really like is lesbian.

Then I'm pissed.
May 11, 2014 4:38 PM

Dec 2013
I'm bisexual and part of the GSA in my high school soooooo, you know the answer

If everybody who's part of LGBT is going to hell, than let us deal with it when we get there. Please just worry about yourself
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2014 4:39 PM

Sep 2011
Hulmy said:

I'm fine with gays, they don't bother me and a man can love a man and a woman can love a woman, whatever. But, I believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman only.

Do you feel that gay couples should be granted the same privelidges that marriages afford heterosexual couples?

Joint filing on taxes and tax breaks

Owning property / homes

Making decisions on life / next of kin etc. / visitation rights

Insurance through jobs / companies

Wills

travel discounts

adoption of children

lower insurance, immigration, Military benefits, blah blah blah blah blha ((If marriage is just between a man and a women, then gay couples do not get any of the above, do you agree?))

May 11, 2014 4:43 PM

Apr 2012
I'm very liberal minded when it comes to social issues and live in probably the most liberal dominated city in the US, so yes gays deserve all the rights that any human being is entitled to.

May 11, 2014 4:43 PM

Feb 2013
I support it. Gay people getting married doesn't bother me at all and they should have the same rights as everyone else.
May 11, 2014 4:44 PM

Aug 2013
Zeally said:
so yes gays deserve all the rights that any human being is entitled to.

Everyone has the right to enjoy the pain of marriage.
May 11, 2014 4:44 PM

Mar 2013
I don't think marriage has any kind of sanctity.

Just a religious ritual for the most part that people seem to perpetuate out of some obligation they feel for adhering to tradition. At this point, marriage has become institutionalized. The only sanctity to be found is with your partner (whomever or whatever they may be), regardless of whether you are "officially" married or not.

Marriage to me seems like a pointless thing people do in an attempt to "legitimize" their love, when true love shouldn't require such a process in the first place.

Hulmy said:

The main problem I think is that there are benefits and privileges to being married, such as tax incentives and what not. Denying them those benefits for no reason other than out of some kind of attachment you have for the "sanctity" of marriage seems rather archaic to me.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
May 11, 2014 4:47 PM

Jan 2012
I am against Gay Rights
Gays bother me- I am young adult naturally beautiful and attractive-
I had 2 gays in my old school - they always stalked me and wanna touch my Penn... lol

May 11, 2014 4:49 PM
Feb 2013
Well.. this is the world, you like it or not, that's the reality. I'm not against it either support it
May 11, 2014 4:52 PM

Mar 2014
AnimeKazegake said:
I am against Gay Rights
Gays bother me- I am young adult naturally beautiful and attractive-
I had 2 gays in my old school - they always stalked me and wanna touch my Penn... lol

My friend had this one fruity who kept bothering him asking to lick peanut butter off his crotch.
May 11, 2014 4:54 PM

Sep 2012
Why wouldn't you be?

I don't get the people saying "neither for or against it".. what the fuck does that mean? I assume that means you're against it, because you obviously feel no sense of urgency or discontent with the way things are now.

Or maybe you want to support it, but you just want to appear straight to everybody, so saying "I don't care" just kind of puts you in a "safe zone" where you can't be accused of being a bigot or a fag yourself.

Well quit pussying out. Nobody cares about how straight you want everybody to think you are
May 11, 2014 4:57 PM

Aug 2013
Red_Keys said:
I don't get the people saying "neither for or against it".. what the fuck does that mean? I assume that means you're against it, because you obviously feel no sense of urgency or discontent with the way things are now.
It's the heterosexual moderate

Had the same problem with the civil rights movement

Mod Edit: Deleted quotes remove
TyrelMay 11, 2014 10:01 PM
Want to talk?
Club!

May 11, 2014 5:00 PM

May 2014
Praland said:

I write "very important", that means people that practically lives for it, that takes the basis of they religion very strongly and is very closed in mind.

the people im talking about believe that religion is very important to their lives too. religion isn't the cause of homophobia, it just becomes an excuse for some people.
May 11, 2014 5:00 PM

Sep 2012
Red_Keys said:
Why wouldn't you be?

Or maybe you want to support it, but you just want to appear straight to everybody, so saying "I don't care" just kind of puts you in a "safe zone" where you can't be accused of being a bigot or a fag yourself.

Well quit pussying out. Nobody cares about how straight you want everybody to think you are
Or they really just don't care. As people have said, it has nothing to do with them. Some people's whole argument for gay marriage is that it doesn't affect them in any way which means we don't need to be opposed to it, so there's no need for them to care.

I couldn't care less about gay issues. If they get their marriage, cool. If they don't, I don't care.
May 11, 2014 5:02 PM

Jul 2011
mirglof said:
Praland said:

the people im talking about believe that religion is very important to their lives too. religion isn't the cause of homophobia, it just becomes an excuse for some people.

I don't get how contradict anything of i said, but i'm not against it so i will leave this like i don't get your point.
PralandMay 11, 2014 5:08 PM
May 11, 2014 5:03 PM
Nov 2008
i don't really give a damn, although the constant nagging to take a side is annoying. it doesn't affect my life in the slightest, and to this date have never been legally required to vote about it.
May 11, 2014 5:06 PM
Jul 2018
Must suck for all the pretty boys who are straight.

All those men wanting to stick their thing into them.
Stalking them...

From that point... I sort of understand their hate.
May 11, 2014 5:08 PM

Mar 2014
It's none of my business what people do so who am I to dictate what they can or can't do. Besides, I'd be a masochist to be anti gay rights
May 11, 2014 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
I don't really care
May 11, 2014 5:09 PM

Dec 2013
i like being boned by men so yes i support it.
Combating against hoax MAL accounts and intentional down voting of objectively great anime. Pls join
May 11, 2014 5:10 PM

Oct 2013
I thought that Japanese were one of the more tolerant people towards gays, since they have all those yaoi and yuri manga/anime.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

32 by Spunkert »»
4 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

12 by LoveLikeBlood »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

29 by traed »»
44 minutes ago

» What anime character would make a good villian in Courage The Cowardly Dog and why?

vasipi4946 - 10 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

29 by ISeeLifePeople »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.