Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 10, 2014 5:06 PM

Feb 2013
"Ayano.. Chan"

ahhh that part x)
May 10, 2014 5:21 PM

May 2013
Finally a good episode.
Now I'm really hoping they will do Ayano's Theory of Happiness
May 10, 2014 5:23 PM

Feb 2013
Cool!!!

I'm now seeing a story forming, I'm excited to not be so confused lol.
May 10, 2014 5:24 PM

Oct 2012
reversereality said:
I noticed that Shintaro's eye turns red when Konoha leaps towards him. o_o

Major spoilers

---------------

>showtime loudspeaker pole

Why even try to translate Kaien Panzermast
May 10, 2014 5:26 PM

Apr 2014
at first I thought this was gonna go a similar route to the manga
but it's actually different. I like it.

Ayano is once again in the episode <3
Red is the color of a hero
May 10, 2014 5:57 PM

Sep 2012
So that's how the three of them entered. o_O
May 10, 2014 6:10 PM
Oct 2012
Tiny-Peaches said:
The creator, Jin, is the one who writes the dialogue and overall plot, along with the entire soundtrack.

Thanks for the confirmation. Kudos to Shaft for giving the creator free reign over such things. Considering the success that Shaft has had over the years, it is to their infinite credit that they are willing to trust the writer in a production. Most people don't realize how rare this actually is, Hollywood would be a billion times better if they were willing to do this.

They did this with Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and also with Monogatari (also Patlabor if I recall correctly), I know there are plenty of Shaft haters out there, but they really are an amazing studio for doing this.
May 10, 2014 6:19 PM

Oct 2012
lol the card battle

omg konoha \ *▽* / so BA! <3 <3 <3
ugh truck-san why must u get in the way??

ayano~

headphone actor next week~ haruka & takane~~
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
May 10, 2014 6:23 PM

Jun 2013
THIS EPISODE HOLY.

That freaking cliffhanger. Ayano is my favorite character.
May 10, 2014 6:27 PM
Jul 2013
well, well, well, something new has been added. This is interesting. So this time, the Mekakushi Dan didn't attend the amusement park. Shintaro encountered Konoha and pretty much witnessed the incident between Hibiya and Hiyori while the rest of the dan except Seto went to the cemetery to visit Ayano. Wow! makes me look forward to the next episode even more.
May 10, 2014 6:29 PM

Apr 2013
This show still has hope.
Keep this up SHAFT. Don't fuck this up.
an egomaniac and a fool

May 10, 2014 6:31 PM
Oct 2012
Emnay said:

Shaft doesn't "fuck" things up. If it gets fucked up, blame the writer. That said, I predict you will not have to worry, based on the posts here from the fans, this episode was a huge "oh shit, now I get it" episode.
May 10, 2014 6:53 PM
Jul 2013
I noticed that Shintaro's eyes became red as Konoha came (I checked after someone mentioned it). Well, it's either something inconsistent came or...... I have two theories about this,

You guys keep saying that Outer science might happen since black snakes appeared. I thought of the same for the moment until I remembered the novel
May 10, 2014 6:55 PM

Oct 2007
Takuan_Soho said:
Emnay said:

Shaft doesn't "fuck" things up. If it gets fucked up, blame the writer. That said, I predict you will not have to worry, based on the posts here from the fans, this episode was a huge "oh shit, now I get it" episode.

Shaft is the most perfectly perfect studio that ever perfected and if they aren't just blame someone else and sweep it under the rug. So Kyoani fandom circa 2000's lol.

It always amuses me when people try SO hard to love this company and everything they put out. The budget is still crap, there's tons of QUALITY in this episode, the comedy is lame as any typical LN adaptations comedy with that annoying Shaft twist too it and maybe now it's marginally functional as a narrative so I guess if you can find one positive it means everything is now fine lol.
PeacingOutMay 10, 2014 7:00 PM
May 10, 2014 7:00 PM

Jul 2012
So what happened to Konoha and those kids.

Great episode!!!
May 10, 2014 7:00 PM
Oct 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Shaft is the most perfectly perfect studio that ever perfected and if they aren't just blame someone else and sweep it under the rug.

Hahahaaha I thought that would draw you out. And I didn't even have to say your name thrice.

No Shaft isn't "perfect", but if a studio respects the writer, then I do believe the studio will be more successful.

In other words, you missed who I was really praising. It wasn't Shaft, but rather that Shaft trusts the writers.

So, think about what I say before responding. I know you too well DB chan.
May 10, 2014 7:03 PM

Oct 2007
Takuan_Soho said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Shaft is the most perfectly perfect studio that ever perfected and if they aren't just blame someone else and sweep it under the rug.

Hahahaaha I thought that would draw you out. And I didn't even have to say your name thrice.

No Shaft isn't "perfect", but if a studio respects the writer, then I do believe the studio will be more successful.

In other words, you missed who I was really praising. It wasn't Shaft, but rather that Shaft trusts the writers.

Except they don't really. Shinbo and by extension Shaft since he pretty much has absolute creative control over the studio now is one of the worst meddlers there is in the industry that is always trying to overshadow the contributions of everyone else he works with. He couldn't even trust Gen Urobuchi of all people to do the ending he wanted to do for the Madoka film as an example, he and the producer more or less had to get him to agree to roll with the mess of "cool edginess" that we got. If it weren't for his need to make everything into a bizarre Tim Burton meets Japanese otaku culture horror show things in this show would have probably been clearer to people long before now since it's really not all that complicated or even weird a story, he just always seems to make it that way. I can't think of a single person in this industry that gives off the "me, me, me look at me, not them" vibe more than this clown and the studio he runs.

That said yes I do absolutely believe if the studio respects the writer then shows will be more successful, but that studio is not Shaft or Shinbo by a long shot and I haven't really seen happening here, but in fact quite the opposite.
PeacingOutMay 10, 2014 7:08 PM
May 10, 2014 7:42 PM

Oct 2013
Yup! This series is starting to get good
May 10, 2014 8:02 PM

Oct 2012
OOH OOH OOH I have a theory on why Shintaro's eyes turned red on THIS particular episode.

Major spoilers
May 10, 2014 8:10 PM

Mar 2014
this anime still seems okay to me.
May 10, 2014 8:10 PM

May 2013
EpicCh33se said:
reversereality said:
I noticed that Shintaro's eye turns red when Konoha leaps towards him. o_o

Major spoilers

Major Spoilers
reverserealityMay 10, 2014 8:28 PM
May 10, 2014 8:36 PM

Jan 2014
This episode made me laugh my ass off, glad we got see Shintaro and Ene. Those 2 are the reason why I even started this show.
May 10, 2014 8:40 PM

Nov 2013
dang konoha is a badass
May 10, 2014 8:42 PM

Sep 2010
Konoha was so cool in this one! Also the snakes!
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:
Next episode is Headphone Actor

Then the official anime site revealed that
after Headphone Actor, we get Konoha's State of the World
and then, Lost Time Memory

[breathing intensifies]
I'm way to excited to see all of these!
May 10, 2014 8:56 PM

Mar 2014
It finally got a little decent.

Hikigaya Hachiman said:
Hardwork betrays none, but dreams betray many.
May 10, 2014 9:24 PM

Apr 2012
The episode went too fast X(
The interactions of the Mekakushi Dan were quite funny esp. the card battle sequence...

I was expecting KonoEne but they gave KonoShin instead.... Thanks Shaft, I'm satisfied.

also I just noticed that one of Shintaro's eyes turned red when Konoha jumped over him... what does this mean I wonder?

The next ep is what I've been most excited for in the adaptation, hopefully they don't mess it up :<
ahhh the tatatarata intensifies......
May 10, 2014 10:00 PM

Oct 2011
Card battles. Lets Duel!!!
May 10, 2014 10:23 PM

Jul 2013
great episode. it was really entertaining throughout. hope the rest of the show stays like this.

quick question- i thought hibiya and/ or hiyori had died last episode. how are they being kidnapped?
May 10, 2014 10:26 PM

Dec 2010
I think I understand what's going on, it can be kind of difficult due to the pure SHAFTY-ness of it all, but I'm enjoying it!

I know its based off of music videos, but I think their biggest problem is trying to tie them all into one coherent story. The first 3 episodes together were great, and the two since then have been okay...I assume the last episode was a dream though!

I'm definitely sticking with this one, but it is a very odd series to be sure!
May 10, 2014 10:36 PM

Jun 2013
orchidork said:
quick question- i thought hibiya and/ or hiyori had died last episode. how are they being kidnapped?

I think act 04 Heat Haze Days happens after this episode?
May 10, 2014 10:42 PM

Aug 2013
this episode was very good
despite not having liked how they treated Shintaro in the beginning
things are still very confused
but the episode was better than the last, presented various information and was not static
still needs to know about the past of the characters and the connection between them
looking forward to next week
May 11, 2014 12:07 AM

Aug 2013
Well I still have no clue what's going on, but the episode was pretty funny so I guess that's something.

Card fight scene was funny, the tall kid in the green jumpsuit explaining to Mary about Shintaro being tied up was funny too.

The entire scene with the big retard guy with the pink eyes and super human strength just confused the hell out of me. So he has super strength and he can summon snakes or something? Also when he jumped to Shintaro and cast a shadow over him Shintaro's eye glowed red? Not sure if that means something important or if it was just a cosmetic thing.

All I know is that Mary is too kawaii to handle and pretty much the only reason I enjoy watching the show lol.
May 11, 2014 12:28 AM

May 2013
MY DAILY DOSE OF ENE. HUEHUEHUEHUE.

Btw, I think that episode was weird but also funny. I thought that my Ene and Momo are kinda annoying in this episode but I'm hyped what will happen in this "Headphone Actors" episode :v
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 11, 2014 12:46 AM

Nov 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Except they don't really. Shinbo and by extension Shaft since he pretty much has absolute creative control over the studio now is one of the worst meddlers there is in the industry that is always trying to overshadow the contributions of everyone else he works with. He couldn't even trust Gen Urobuchi of all people to do the ending he wanted to do for the Madoka film as an example, he and the producer more or less had to get him to agree to roll with the mess of "cool edginess" that we got. If it weren't for his need to make everything into a bizarre Tim Burton meets Japanese otaku culture horror show things in this show would have probably been clearer to people long before now since it's really not all that complicated or even weird a story, he just always seems to make it that way. I can't think of a single person in this industry that gives off the "me, me, me look at me, not them" vibe more than this clown and the studio he runs.

That said yes I do absolutely believe if the studio respects the writer then shows will be more successful, but that studio is not Shaft or Shinbo by a long shot and I haven't really seen happening here, but in fact quite the opposite.

I so agree with you. The thing is, this is the first anime Jin wrote, and to top it off, Jin himself requested for SHAFT to do the anime. It's probably hard for Jin to refute the changes that other SHAFT members (i.e. Shinbo) suggest to HIS OWN STORY.

And we can see the toll on the anime itself. Others may like those head tilts, but they can actually be annoying, and, to be honest, just meaningless emphasis. I've been enduring to watch the episodes because of too much style and too less coherent substance being deployed. Not that Jin is entirely blameless, but he isn't entirely to blame. It's a privilege to have one's story be made into a show, and if he has to be a sycophant for SHAFT to continue animating, I think he will do so.

In the end, it's sad, but it will be Jin who'll regret the most.

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
May 11, 2014 12:49 AM

Aug 2013
Seeing what they had done with Kagerou Days, i'm kinda pessimist about the next episode
May 11, 2014 1:13 AM

Dec 2013
All the clues are there in full view for everyone to see.
Especially the Shaft-like flashbacks.

I'm just glad that I'm not confused anymore.
Shintaro knows Ayano, Ene knows Ayano, Shintaro gets a flashback when he meets Konoha, you get the feeling that whatever event two years back was the catalyst for this series, and for Shintaro becoming a NEET. I love how Ene has Shintaro completely wrapped around her little digital fingers. Always knew Shintaro was an M too XD

That Shintaro Handpicked Barelegged only secret stash collection vs Mary's Secret poem stash, bahahahaha!

I still wonder about the fairy tale though.

Mary and Momo cracked me up so much this episode.
Mary:"Hi, I'm Kisaragi 16 Years old"

Momo: "Hi, I'm Kisaragi 16!"
Kano: "Ah, you flubbed it.."

Looking forward to Headphone Actor so much now!
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 11, 2014 1:28 AM

Jun 2010
was fucking wonderful absolutely loving the characters in this show wowzers
May 11, 2014 1:30 AM

Aug 2012
Card battle, Lets DUEL!
May 11, 2014 1:56 AM

Aug 2013
OMG, yay finally, a nice episode! Can't wait for next week for takane and haruka <3
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
May 11, 2014 2:16 AM

Oct 2013
Definitely feels like it's starting to hit its stride now, next episodes should be much better.
May 11, 2014 3:36 AM

Nov 2012
as always i don't really understand what's going on. what was that card battoru for, anyway?
May 11, 2014 4:25 AM

May 2013
I'm not much for rudeness, but, when Kano used Marry's secret poem stash against Ene, that really made me laugh hard. I wish I knew what Kano was about to say about Kido before she kicks him.

Why were Hibiya and Hiyori getting taken away? Anyway, Konoha, showing off his immense strength and speed. I'm sure they'll survive the speeding truck.

It seems that Ene, as well as Shintaro knows or probably are friends of Ayano. This episode progressed. I hope next episode will too.
May 11, 2014 4:26 AM

Dec 2010
Finally a good episode(or either I came to like the anime eventually as I've hooked for real on TKP.

The next episode's in for lots of comedy.
May 11, 2014 5:10 AM

Nov 2008
Double cliffhanger.

This is clearly the strongest anime of the season.
May 11, 2014 5:46 AM

Aug 2013
I can't wait for next week's episode T.T
May 11, 2014 5:59 AM
Nov 2012
Hakuryuukou said:
Seeing what they had done with Kagerou Days, i'm kinda pessimist about the next episode

I find that as long as there are more characters in a single episode they would do it alot better. Like in episode 1 & 2 they had (Shintaro and Ene) and (Momo and Kenjirou) which means less interaction between the characters making it boring and such.
Next it also won't be shitty if they didn't make it abstract like ep 4, tho they may explain it in later episodes, people would've dropped it saying 'I don't get this shit I'm turning this down.'

As for the next episode Headphone Actor, there should be at least 4 characters and the story is clearer than in Kagerou Days so yeap I think we could have some expectation for this. Not too much tho.
gilayansMay 11, 2014 6:33 AM
May 11, 2014 6:22 AM

Jan 2010
It seems that this episode came to meet the disaster that was the last, a good dose of comedy and more solid animation, taking information that was played, not only enjoyed the sudden visit to Aya, but now with a couple episodes of the arc Takane, it seems that the script created by SHAFT enter into its final course. A pity that no more episodes anime, the manga has great potential, the least they could do an ep for each PV, but that's not what happens.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
May 11, 2014 6:46 AM

Apr 2013
This was better.
Oh god the feels. Ayanoooo ;A;
Next time is my favorite part, Heaphone Actor. Really curious about how it'll turn out to be.
May 11, 2014 7:03 AM
Apr 2012
Good episode. Ene telling Shintaro to strip and him doing it was funny, the scene of him running naked was bizarre yet hilarious. More of the group coming together and we get to see a pic of their founder. Haruka was badass tearing into that van to save his friends.
May 11, 2014 1:52 PM

Aug 2013
Mmm, well, there's a few thing I ''think'' I understood.

First, the snake thing. I believe we haven't saw Shintaro power so far so it is maybe related to that. Though, I couldn't say what it is.

Second, the little monster and the lover boy. It seem obvious now that Ayano was the little monster and that Shintaro is the boy in love. The group said that she died from a suicide 2 years ago and Momo said that he didn't talk to anyone else than Momo and Ene since around 2 years ago. Though, I have really know idea at all what happened between them, I guess we'll learn about it from the scene we see sometime at the beginning and the little story we see at the end of each episode.

Finally, Kokonose, Hibaya and Hiyori problem. I don't really understand how and why, but it look like Hiyori is literally persecuted by death. The black cat from the last episode could be symbolising ''bad luck'' (you know, like passing under a ladder, walking on a crack, etc.). I don't understand why Hibaya is still alive. Maybe when he died the last time we saw it, he had gone back in time again and in an itteration we didn't saw, he asked Kokonose help.

It was a great episode. Really hilarious when Shintaro started stripping. You could see what was about to happen :P

Ene is such a sly bastard xD
She putted him in so much trouble. She's so cool. She seem to have a special link with Ayano. Maybe it's related to the fact that she has been trapped in the internet. Also, if I remember, he did say in the first episode that Ene appeared to him 2 years ago. A lot of thing seem to have happened 2 years ago...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.