Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2011 4:01 AM
May 2009
Serah said:
most people dont hate one piece, if they say they hate it,

its not because they watched it and hated it.
its because they never watched it and never gave it a chance.

anyone who gives one piece a chance would fall in love with it. guaranteed.

people love naruto more, why? because of publicity, but in japan, one piece runs on a weekly basis, people are exposed to it even if they once loved naruto more, its like leaving the tv on while you do other things, but slowly once they watch it a few times, they realize one piece is definitely the best.

hence why one piece is #1 in japan. anywhere else = lack of exposure, and some people who posted before me proves my point. they never gave one piece a chance.

imo, naruto and bleach has their up and downs. and when they have their downs, its completely miserable, you just want to beat up the people writing the storyline.

but!!!! one piece.. NEVER has downs... its always UP UP AND UPPPPPPPP. hence one piece rules. and people who never give it a chance..... thats too bad, they TRULY dont know what they are missing.

p.s. yea the art has something to do with why some ppl never gave it a chance.

for me... it was the idea of catching up on the series.

i spent the last week of summer vacation watching 1-410 & reading the manga afterwards to update myself. it was AWESOME.

I think the lack of good dubs, makes it a huge problem. One piece dubs were some of the worse I've heard. Where as the english naruto dub wasn't actually that bad compare to the one piece one.
Mar 28, 2011 4:02 AM
May 2009
Hias said:
Personally, I think it's because of topics like this. I just skimmed the early pages out of curiosity. I was immediately unsurprised that people threw bitch fits when one user happened to link this http://www.baka-raptor.com/2009/08/01/three-strikes-for-one-piece/

Immediately responded with stupidity. OP fanbase has this bizarre victimization complex, like if you didn't really dig the series, and you happen to be a little vocal about it. Fanboys will just go on and on about how you're a close-minded idiot for not appreciating the modern day masterpiece that is One Piece. It's obnoxious.

I'm actually watching a little bit of OP myself, and I'm starting to warm up to it. But I can understand how it's an acquired taste for many that aren't 13-16 years old.

I used to have that whole, its for teens view. But One Piece kinda gets deeper and darker that kinda changes your view. leading to how even adults can grow to love this show.
Mar 28, 2011 4:14 AM
May 2009
Xelzy said:
smokes said:
^Sabo is just kicking ass with Dragon.. as he saved him at that incident..

and hey.. 600+chapters.. you cant get 'non-repetitive' fights sometimes..its a shounen afterall..
though in every ark he tries to make them always different.. look at luffy's fights for example..

I'm not talking about some fights.

Zoro is a prime example of booring fights. He always ends up in a bad spot just to pull out some new move, every single fight. The only good fight he's ever had was vs Hawkeye, and then he got stomped so bad. All the other fights you just know what's going to happen. You don't do that with luffy.

I don't have anything against Odas fights or the setup for them, with the exception of zoros, those fights are just shit. Then again, i don't really care for zoro at all.

His fight with luffy on Whiskey Peak was pretty good.

Though I have to agree Zoro is one of those he needs to be put on the edge of death to really suceed characters.
Mar 28, 2011 5:51 AM

Oct 2009
I dont really give a crap to what people say, when i like an anime i watch it even if alot of people hates it, still for me One Piece is the best shounen there is, i love it and i know alot of people loves it, but i know that alot of people hate it mostly because they think that animation sucks ( pure stupidity ).
Mar 28, 2011 7:50 AM

Jul 2007
shintai88 said:
Xelzy said:
smokes said:
^Sabo is just kicking ass with Dragon.. as he saved him at that incident..

and hey.. 600+chapters.. you cant get 'non-repetitive' fights sometimes..its a shounen afterall..
though in every ark he tries to make them always different.. look at luffy's fights for example..

I'm not talking about some fights.

Zoro is a prime example of booring fights. He always ends up in a bad spot just to pull out some new move, every single fight. The only good fight he's ever had was vs Hawkeye, and then he got stomped so bad. All the other fights you just know what's going to happen. You don't do that with luffy.

I don't have anything against Odas fights or the setup for them, with the exception of zoros, those fights are just shit. Then again, i don't really care for zoro at all.

His fight with luffy on Whiskey Peak was pretty good.

Though I have to agree Zoro is one of those he needs to be put on the edge of death to really suceed characters.

It is an older series and the action with the animation is i guess you can say is not the best. Well not like "sword of the stranger", "kara no kyo kai" or samurai x. In other words one piece uses alot of still frames, but regardless of that i still like the way oda sets up the fight, they are pretty creative. it is not like dbz where everything is judged based on power lvls and chi levels.

Mar 28, 2011 7:51 AM

Jul 2007
trusttt said:
I dont really give a crap to what people say, when i like an anime i watch it even if alot of people hates it, still for me One Piece is the best shounen there is, i love it and i know alot of people loves it, but i know that alot of people hate it mostly because they think that animation sucks ( pure stupidity ).

They need to realize its from 1999 for god sakes. I mean don't expect to find something with a style similar to like Shakugan no shana standards or Code geass. Even if the animation quality gets upgraded, it would never be like that, oda would pratically have to change the entire style into something different.

I mean sure they could give it a complete facelift like they did with rurouni kenshin. With the samurai X ova. But for a series like OP that would cost the studio a fortune to pull off.

Mar 28, 2011 1:03 PM

Apr 2009
@Xelzy well onepiece is not about swords fights.. it has everything in it..

if you want cool swords fights you can watch bleach ( though they are still the same)

while the fights may seem shounen-ish, its still interesting where they are going.. and you know.. those enemies he fought weren't strong at all..(they were just gathering crewmembers..just a setup of the crew)

(now when they'll enter New World it will be more interesting)
Mar 29, 2011 1:04 AM

May 2009
I love shounen to death, but am not much of a comedy fan. Like three years ago I tried watching one piece an couldn't get past the "ugly" character designs. I lasted about 2 episodes then I dropped it. Since then I've watched a shitload of animes and felt like I needed a break so decided to give one piece another chance since I felt like I needed an anime that provided mindless fun.

I said to myself that I would watch the anime till the arlong arc. If I hated it, I would drop it. The first couple of arcs IMHO sucked, but it eventually got better. I got over the graphics after about 15 episodes.
Mar 29, 2011 10:47 AM

Jul 2008
i heat naruto and bleach
ligth was not the problem

i heat the fac that the fight take 4-5 epsode sametime 10
in onepiece there are long arcs but it have story to many charchters great ideas
but naruto and bleach just useless long fight

and there the other thing each time in naruto and bleach the main charchter can defet his opponent thy just get new power or move or power or other thing like that

in one piece they over smart it and make new trick to defete it
so you can say it smart fighting anime unlike naruto and bleach !

so Why do alot of people ''hate'' one piece ?
becose whin any one think of one piece , naruto and bleach came to the picture so thuse how heat naruto and bleach take one piece to they crime

there are other things like :-
4kids dub make the show look bad
the charchter disne look chilesh
same pepole heat story about sea
cheep animetion

but if you start watch the show you will over look all of that

it is one of the best anime ever
Mar 29, 2011 12:07 PM

Jul 2007
People you have to have an open mind for this show, you can't let the character designs and animation turn you off so fast. You have to give it a little bit of a chance, i believe this is true for all shows. Even shows i absolutely detested in the first episode, i at least watched about 8 or 9 episodes before dropping it. Some cases i ran into a show where the first episode was horrible. Then i ended up being one of my favorite shows on mal because i stuck with it instead of dropping it to soon.

Sure OP is overwhelming with the amount of episodes it has and that also may turn off alot of viewers. But what op is great is exploring themes of adventure and deep character back stories. The creativity that goes into each and every world, with there own cultures, people, stories. In terms of action its pretty creative as well. But its not the action is what grabs me. Its the way the arc is layered. Its set up in such a way that, oda tells bits and pieces of back story relating to a character, so you get to really find an interest in him/her. Then its followed by action, finally closing up the arc with the rest of character development and then it some times ties in the past events to the present events. That is what i find fascinating bout the show.

Mar 29, 2011 1:48 PM

Aug 2007
Rikatei said:
Its drawn horrible

Blasphemy.
Aug 4, 2011 9:20 AM
Aug 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:
Rikatei said:
Its drawn horrible

Blasphemy.

idd, Now the drawing has been updated and the story is ..*Snickers Setting sail pfff hahahhahahahah ...Lol.
Aug 4, 2011 9:23 AM

May 2011
The art gets better as the story goes on :O
''I was dead serious''

Sep 13, 2011 12:57 AM
Aug 2011
one piece far better than naruto
Sep 13, 2011 2:10 AM
Jun 2008
You have to get used to the style especially in the first couple of episodes. But as the story picks up it doesnt bother you anymore. I'm now at a point where I find One Piece's style much better then all those other newer shounens. (except for FMA brotherhood >> not many shows compare to that one)

One Piece is not about mindless hack/slash work done by pirates in crisp animation.

It's far more about the stories, the terror of pirates and the corrupt government. There's no clear bad or good side. And it's about badasses ;P making names for themselves with other 'badasses' looking and giving comments on their progress.

For me thats just awesome and real fun to watch, and rewatch, and rewatch, and rewatch.......

Sep 13, 2011 2:12 AM
Mar 2011
out of the soo called big three

manga ka

Oda writes best
Kishimoto is better artist
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 13, 2011 10:59 AM

Aug 2007
Hongo-Takeshi said:
out of the soo called big three

manga ka

Oda writes best
Kishimoto is better artist

I loled.
Sep 14, 2011 12:27 AM

Aug 2008
reaght said:
You have to get used to the style especially in the first couple of episodes.

This is probably it. I dropped One Piece long ago cause of the animation/art. Picked it back up and started watching through them after hours. Then I got caught in.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Nov 7, 2011 9:32 PM

Oct 2011
only people with shallow minds will think one piece's art is a reason to drop it off !
i really think that one piece's art is simple yet awesome and really fits the atmosphere perfectly and by the time they grow up the art is getting better , if you compared a screen shot from episode 1 to a screen shot from episode 400 you'll definitely know the different between them !
and beside one piece mainly concentrate on the adventure side , more a light-hearted anime so the art couldn't be any better :D

HATERS WELL HATE BUT WE'LL ALWAYS LOVE ONE PIECE !
^O^
Nov 8, 2011 10:47 AM

Jul 2011
Serah said:

1. its not because they watched it and hated it.

2. the art has something to do with why some ppl never gave it a chance.

3. for me... it was the idea of catching up on the series.

I agree.
Nov 8, 2011 10:50 AM

Aug 2011
Because the beginning isn't the best, neither is the art style.
Not to mention shounen haters.

Yeah, having 500+ episodes of pure awesomeness is a bad thing, M I RITE?
Nov 8, 2011 10:55 AM
Jun 2011
jedimagician said:
i think one piece is a pretty cool guy. eh fights with lots of super powers and doesnt afraid of anything.

I shouldn't be laughing this hard...

I also love this STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE attitude in this thread.
As for why they hate One Piece it's probably the fan base, just read this thread in its entirety, you'll understand. It's even stupider that people let their opinions be influenced by something as stupid as the fan base of the anime/manga. If everyone would just ignore the obnoxious fans and just focus on the manga/anime then the world would be a better place to live in.
Hi.
Nov 8, 2011 11:32 AM

Aug 2007
Ekutah said:
jedimagician said:
i think one piece is a pretty cool guy. eh fights with lots of super powers and doesnt afraid of anything.

I shouldn't be laughing this hard...

I also love this STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE attitude in this thread.
As for why they hate One Piece it's probably the fan base, just read this thread in its entirety, you'll understand. It's even stupider that people let their opinions be influenced by something as stupid as the fan base of the anime/manga. If everyone would just ignore the obnoxious fans and just focus on the manga/anime then the world would be a better place to live in.

Most people don't like One Piece because of the art style. You're mixing up Naruto and Bleach fans with One Piece fans.
Nov 9, 2011 7:22 AM

May 2008
I love One Piece and I won't bash someone's different opinion, but it DOES annoy me when Naruto/Bleach trolls come to OP's convos and start thrasing other people beliefs.

Really, I never understood the "art" debate. The art of OP is brilliant. Almost every character is unique and memorable, and even background details can be amazing and significant.

I tried to read the Naruto manga. Now, that is what I call bad art. The faces are hastily drawn with 7-10 lines and the background most of the time doesn't even exist. Even if it does, it's only trees. Or rocks. Dropped the anime too. Exhausting pace. Dropped Bleach also. Too many annoying characters and too many idiotic fillers.

The anime of OP is very good too. Not as awesome as the manga(sometimes it can get really slow) but one of the best adaptations out there, nevertheless.

I love OP and I won't force anyone to see it, but I cannot even compare it to Bleach/Naruto.

OP also has an amazing and complicated story. Too complicated and too dark at times.

It's not perfect, sure. It can get slow and confusing and too many chars cry sometimes, but it has no plot-holes and in the end of every arc everything seem to fit.

Also the humor of OP brings tears to my eyes from laughter. I laugh every time I recall the "It's a beam!" scene. Oh Luffy, I love your idiocy so much.

Anyway, that's my opinion XD
Nov 9, 2011 9:38 AM

Aug 2009
I am someone who likes to consider ppls opinions and see their perspective and come to some understanding of how they are feeling. why they feel that way..etc.. but some of the reasons on this thread are truly childish.

After reading the entire thread I was quite unconvinced of the reasons as to why one piece is hated. It didn't seem legit to me, as if it was a joke or something. I don't know, none of it phased me perhaps. but myself, I am a huge Narutard, you cannot say one bad thing about Naruto without me jumping down your throat on why you are wrong and ignorant, but even being the huge Narutard I am (trust me, its bad I have all the seasons, videos game, posters, Naruto and I share the same birthday October 10th.......see what I mean?)
Im beginning to think One Piece is a better anime overall.

The Art--- okay I hesitated as well on the art, and put One Piece off for three years, which is long. solely because I did not like the art style. But now I feel that is the dumbest reason to label and anime bad or to not like that anime solely on its art. Later while giving One Piece a shot I got used to the art it wasn't quite a bother, then when it got better there was actual appreciation, and inspiration from the art style.
The art itself becomes such a great aspect of this anime. You begin to appreciate the fact that its drawn the way it is. Although it started off bad and mediocre it got better and clearer. If it was drawn any other way it would seem weird but of course that because im already used to it.

The Plot----this story, I have so much to say about it. Nothing negative because there isn't a damn thing wrong with it. only thing that gets to others is the slow pace. but why not go slow?? who said all anime has to go at a fast pace? better yet why should it be required to go at any pace? whatever pace at which the story is unfolded is something uncontrollable and not worth getting your panties in a bunch about.

The story is beautiful, the ONLY anime to grasp that sense of adventure a little too well. Im genuinely and pleasantly surprised at how well the audience can sympathize with the characters because it seems that journey was also ours. One Piece connects to the watchers/readers on a whole new level. Im not a sensitive person it takes alot for me to cry but I cried 3 times watching OP because of their hardships and their bond of friendship I was able to conjure up such emotions

People talk about the long arcs about the crew members but how do you have a journey without knowing the goal or what they are fighting for, the reason for them going on the journey with Luffy in the first place. I felt they were needed and necessary.
There aren't any plot holes either I was mindfucked at how something from so early in the show can be used 100+ episodes later, or mentioned. The author took quite sometime to come up with this story-line Im sure, because every detail is needed none of it can be left out.

The Character development has to be one of the best. They each go through their own trails and suffer from something that they have to overcome, and gain strength and that pillar of strength and support comes from the other crew members.

One Piece is a very good anime, I believe it is one of the best. Don't put it off as ridiculous if you have not seen it all or read it all, it has depth and meaning. Its great and intending to get better, which is possible because everything can be improved but its so great now I want to see it exceed my expectations once again and leave this insatiable taste, leaving me dehydrated wanting more as if it doesn't have so many episodes already. Its almost as if not enough episodes lol.

I like it very much. but I understand not everyone is going to like it but atleast give a legit reason, not something about the art style. that has to be the most unreasonable reason. lol

Nov 13, 2011 8:14 AM
Aug 2009
lovexLuffy said:
I am someone who likes to consider ppls opinions and see their perspective and come to some understanding of how they are feeling. why they feel that way..etc.. but some of the reasons on this thread are truly childish.

After reading the entire thread I was quite unconvinced of the reasons as to why one piece is hated. It didn't seem legit to me, as if it was a joke or something. I don't know, none of it phased me perhaps. but myself, I am a huge Narutard, you cannot say one bad thing about Naruto without me jumping down your throat on why you are wrong and ignorant, but even being the huge Narutard I am (trust me, its bad I have all the seasons, videos game, posters, Naruto and I share the same birthday October 10th.......see what I mean?)
Im beginning to think One Piece is a better anime overall.

The Art--- okay I hesitated as well on the art, and put One Piece off for three years, which is long. solely because I did not like the art style. But now I feel that is the dumbest reason to label and anime bad or to not like that anime solely on its art. Later while giving One Piece a shot I got used to the art it wasn't quite a bother, then when it got better there was actual appreciation, and inspiration from the art style.
The art itself becomes such a great aspect of this anime. You begin to appreciate the fact that its drawn the way it is. Although it started off bad and mediocre it got better and clearer. If it was drawn any other way it would seem weird but of course that because im already used to it.

The Plot----this story, I have so much to say about it. Nothing negative because there isn't a damn thing wrong with it. only thing that gets to others is the slow pace. but why not go slow?? who said all anime has to go at a fast pace? better yet why should it be required to go at any pace? whatever pace at which the story is unfolded is something uncontrollable and not worth getting your panties in a bunch about.

The story is beautiful, the ONLY anime to grasp that sense of adventure a little too well. Im genuinely and pleasantly surprised at how well the audience can sympathize with the characters because it seems that journey was also ours. One Piece connects to the watchers/readers on a whole new level. Im not a sensitive person it takes alot for me to cry but I cried 3 times watching OP because of their hardships and their bond of friendship I was able to conjure up such emotions

People talk about the long arcs about the crew members but how do you have a journey without knowing the goal or what they are fighting for, the reason for them going on the journey with Luffy in the first place. I felt they were needed and necessary.
There aren't any plot holes either I was mindfucked at how something from so early in the show can be used 100+ episodes later, or mentioned. The author took quite sometime to come up with this story-line Im sure, because every detail is needed none of it can be left out.

The Character development has to be one of the best. They each go through their own trails and suffer from something that they have to overcome, and gain strength and that pillar of strength and support comes from the other crew members.

One Piece is a very good anime, I believe it is one of the best. Don't put it off as ridiculous if you have not seen it all or read it all, it has depth and meaning. Its great and intending to get better, which is possible because everything can be improved but its so great now I want to see it exceed my expectations once again and leave this insatiable taste, leaving me dehydrated wanting more as if it doesn't have so many episodes already. Its almost as if not enough episodes lol.

I like it very much. but I understand not everyone is going to like it but atleast give a legit reason, not something about the art style. that has to be the most unreasonable reason. lol

I dont meet alot of narutards in this forum..i like your reply, Your honesty about your likes, and stuff and u dont go with the crowd and start chucking stuff at naruto and one piece...Yes i aswell after the recent arc in the summit meeting i started liking naruto again,i like it alot now but i like one piece the most..its just the pinnacle of anime for me.
Nov 14, 2011 6:41 PM

Mar 2010
God, OP is just freaking awesome...But i think ppl hate it because weird animation..Or no good fights at first episodes ...I mean, i think when ppl watch shounen they expect '' oh mai gadi,3 fights per episode '' lol...But op isnt like this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2011 2:44 PM

Sep 2011
I would like to see how many people that have watched at least 40 episodes of One Piece (Original Jap/subbed not 4kids!) and still dont like it.

pretty sure anyone that still didnt like it then shouldn't watch anime.

I had a lot of trouble getting into OP and i would say it took me 30/50 or so episodes to get hooked. and now its my favourite ongoing anime , i look forward to it every week more than any other.

I lot of people wont sit through that many episodse to really get into OP i think this is the problem. Reborn was the same for me , took for ever to get hooked but once i did i couldn't stop watching it.

all the Haters , go back start again (Jap with subs) force yourself to watch 40 or so Eps, you will be back to thread thread championing the awesomeness of this anime after!
Nov 15, 2011 3:32 PM

Aug 2007
mickahcs said:
I would like to see how many people that have watched at least 40 episodes of One Piece (Original Jap/subbed not 4kids!) and still dont like it.

pretty sure anyone that still didnt like it then shouldn't watch anime.

I had a lot of trouble getting into OP and i would say it took me 30/50 or so episodes to get hooked. and now its my favourite ongoing anime , i look forward to it every week more than any other.

I lot of people wont sit through that many episodse to really get into OP i think this is the problem. Reborn was the same for me , took for ever to get hooked but once i did i couldn't stop watching it.

all the Haters , go back start again (Jap with subs) force yourself to watch 40 or so Eps, you will be back to thread thread championing the awesomeness of this anime after!

That's the rule too. For super long series you should watch at least 30 episodes before dropping a series. For a normal length it is 3-5 episodes.
Nov 15, 2011 4:54 PM
Nov 2011
My friend made me watch an episode half way through....can't remember which one but was when he was recovering from wounds at the bottom level of prison...anyway...i thought it looked rubbish and said i hated it..... took a couple of months before i ran out of anime to watch so thought id give it try...didn't like first couple of episodes....but....somehow i caught up with the entire 400+ episodes in a week!!!! yep it grabbed me by my balls and dragged me through a week of malnourishment and sleep deprivation... LOVE IT... 1 of my fav anime's EVER if not my favourite...love the artwork, love the characters and the weird, wacky and wonderful adventures are brilliant and filled with passion! all i say is man up through the first 50 eps and tell me you don't like it by then!... if you don't then.... im sure your a pretty poor excuse for a human being... and if this statement riles you up then ive just proved my point. ONE PIECE RULES
Nov 15, 2011 6:05 PM

Aug 2007
Andiron1 said:
My friend made me watch an episode half way through....can't remember which one but was when he was recovering from wounds at the bottom level of prison...anyway...i thought it looked rubbish and said i hated it..... took a couple of months before i ran out of anime to watch so thought id give it try...didn't like first couple of episodes....but....somehow i caught up with the entire 400+ episodes in a week!!!! yep it grabbed me by my balls and dragged me through a week of malnourishment and sleep deprivation... LOVE IT... 1 of my fav anime's EVER if not my favourite...love the artwork, love the characters and the weird, wacky and wonderful adventures are brilliant and filled with passion! all i say is man up through the first 50 eps and tell me you don't like it by then!... if you don't then.... im sure your a pretty poor excuse for a human being... and if this statement riles you up then ive just proved my point. ONE PIECE RULES

It sounds like he was in Impel Down.
Nov 15, 2011 6:25 PM
Jul 2018
Myself it's not a matter of liking or not. I watched a couple naruto eps, a couple op eps, and some 30 bleach eps, and I liked them. But I'm not going to watch them all cause I won't have patience for it
Nov 16, 2011 2:07 PM

Aug 2009
buzbe said:

I dont meet alot of narutards in this forum..i like your reply, Your honesty about your likes, and stuff and u dont go with the crowd and start chucking stuff at naruto and one piece...Yes i aswell after the recent arc in the summit meeting i started liking naruto again,i like it alot now but i like one piece the most..its just the pinnacle of anime for me.

Thank you, I mean Naruto is my favorite anime I know all animes have flaws of some sort but I think One Piece has the least flaws and has a great story. some people are just too bias to realize how great an anime can be when you watch it with an open mind, pushing all that skepticism, and generalizing away for a second to truly enjoy an anime. Im not that type of person anyway I give credit to where its due. One Piece is definitely an anime I have nothing but credit to give. I just want everyone to appreciate this anime for being such a masterpiece.

Nov 19, 2011 2:57 AM

May 2010
I am a big One Piece fan it is probably my #1 favorite anime.

Reason people have told me they either didn't watch or didn't like One Piece:

Art style (have you seen any of the newer episodes?)
shounen "crap"
Boring (watched maybe 1 episode? or didn't even give it a try)
Pirates?
Rubber?
4kids dub censoring
for kids (you obv have not even given it a try)
doesn't have loli
stupid
no ninjas?
ect

Has to do with the 4kids dub which gave it a bad reputation and turns people away from the anime, also been told by a lot of people that it is a show for kids which we all know is not true, and I know a lot of people that have dropped it because it starts a bit slow. They mostly only like fights (which they don't reach the good ones) and don't care about plot.

I have an achievement of getting a lot of people to give One Piece another try and some of them end up loving it. Mostly I end up showing them amvs and telling them what makes One Piece really good. Doesn't work all the time but worth a try.
I find it sad that a lot of people are missing out on such a great anime/manga. It doesn't have to be your favorite I know a lot of people who like Naruto over One Piece something obviously wrong with them but then again everyone has their own opinion. I have nothing against Naruto I catch up to it every now and then and skim through the manga each week it just doesn't interest me that much.

What I hate the most about some people who bash/hate on One Piece (or any other anime) is that most of them either have not watched it or didn't get far (or to current episode) in the anime. They talk a lot of bad stuff about the anime which might get others who might have given it a try to not. Don't say bad stuff about anime/manga you have not watched/read to the current episode/chapter.
Overlord3kNov 19, 2011 3:16 AM
Nov 20, 2011 11:50 AM

Nov 2011
Stythys said:
I would like to explain it myself...but I'm lazy, so I'll have someone else do the work.

http://www.baka-raptor.com/2009/08/01/three-strikes-for-one-piece/
did that guy actually say one piece sucks and luffy sucks Good joke buddy now go back to watch twilight ok cuz one piece isn't for homos
Nov 20, 2011 12:08 PM

Nov 2011
AirmanJustice said:
TrowaBarton141 said:
I'd say the fanbase...
Before I picked up one piece I was always on the bleach boards reading about how 'bleach sux...one piece FTW!!!'
I only caved in when Smokes (our very own one piece promoter on this site ;p) got me into watching it, and I've enjoyed it ever since.
Ah man, you beat me to it.

One Piece fans know they like the better shounen, and seem to always like to bring it up whenever they are given the chance. Hell, a few posts in this thread are just like that. That's beyond irritating, and I can imagine people not liking it for that reason.

Shounens will always be under scrutiny just because they are shounens that follow some kind of "shounen formula" XD and this turns people off. Why? I dunno. I think those guys are silly. Moe anime is by far more generic than any shounen out there.
So One Piece is hated for that also.

Oh, and back in the day people would always complain about the animation/art style.
The anime's art style oscillates between amazing and utter shit. The manga is just magnificent. etc etc

and One piece is gay. Who the hell likes pirates? Ninjas are so much cooler.
LOL retard naruto and bleach have 3x popularity but one piece is the best manga selling in the history of SJ go here and c naruto's creator getting owned by oda http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-08-05/top-50-manga-creators-by-sales-since-2010 and go here and c oda was
AirmanJustice said:
TrowaBarton141 said:
I'd say the fanbase...
Before I picked up one piece I was always on the bleach boards reading about how 'bleach sux...one piece FTW!!!'
I only caved in when Smokes (our very own one piece promoter on this site ;p) got me into watching it, and I've enjoyed it ever since.
Ah man, you beat me to it.

One Piece fans know they like the better shounen, and seem to always like to bring it up whenever they are given the chance. Hell, a few posts in this thread are just like that. That's beyond irritating, and I can imagine people not liking it for that reason.

Shounens will always be under scrutiny just because they are shounens that follow some kind of "shounen formula" XD and this turns people off. Why? I dunno. I think those guys are silly. Moe anime is by far more generic than any shounen out there.
So One Piece is hated for that also.

Oh, and back in the day people would always complain about the animation/art style.
The anime's art style oscillates between amazing and utter shit. The manga is just magnificent. etc etc

and One piece is gay. Who the hell likes pirates? Ninjas are so much cooler.
naruto and bleach has 3x popularity than one piece still one piece is ranked #1 ranked manga in japan with over 250 millions of copies sold where as naruto only sold 100 million and bleach sold 60 million and go here to c oda clearly owned naruto creator in sales http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-08-05/top-50-manga-creators-by-sales-since-2010
Nov 20, 2011 12:09 PM

Aug 2011
Dude, please.
Instead of double-posting to the end of this world, edit your first reply.
Nov 20, 2011 12:16 PM

Sep 2010
naruto and bleach has 3x popularity than one piece still one piece is ranked #1 ranked manga in japan with over 250 millions of copies sold where as naruto only sold 100 million and bleach sold 60 million and go here to c oda clearly owned naruto creator in sales http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-08-05/top-50-manga-creators-by-sales-since-2010

but but but but the 5,000 copies of any Naruto volume in the US clearly means more than the 250 million copies of OP floating around in Japan. America fuck yeah!!
Anime_NameNov 20, 2011 12:26 PM

Nov 20, 2011 12:16 PM

Nov 2011
Haylias said:
seraphjei said:
Haylias said:
See, this is what I was talking about when I said the attitude of the One Piece fan puts you off reading the manga. So obnoxious and butthurt it is impossible to believe.

You talk like ONLY One Piece fans are guilty of this. If something has a strong fan following there is a greater chance that obnoxious and pretentious elitists will ruin it for everyone else. For every crazed One Piece fanatic that screams "One Piece!11" there is an equal amount of Naruto fans who are not so different. I'm not trying to single out Naruto here either, it's just the first thing that came to mind.

Instead of blaming the fans, why not give it a chance yourself and draw your own conclusions?

I already pointed out my quarrels with the series a little while back. If your main plot point is finding treasure, if you haven't found it after 500 chapters something is wrong with your pacing.

Also, Naruto + Bleach fans usually admit that what they like is trashy and don't mind if people bash it. One Piece fans get amazingly insecure and defensive.
what ru a dumbass there is another story line too and luffy stated himself that he had no interest in the treasure he wanted to become the pirate king and obviously pirate king is give to the guy who is strong one piece is about luffy becaming strong to protect his friends and became the pirate king do some research before saying anything
Nov 20, 2011 12:19 PM

Jun 2011
Its just people and their opinions. I think One Piece is a really good anime, but its not the best. It has a good sense of adventure unlike other shounen, which makes it unique.

In the end though, creepers are gonna creep, and haters are gonna hate. What can you do.
Nov 20, 2011 12:21 PM

Nov 2011
Peralisc said:
No way i say it's too long, didn't say such a thing. Just suggested how a new viewer might catch up very fast ...

I personally like most of all Luffy's attitude. He never wants to give up, when there's a will, there's also a way. *epic tears*

I would rewatch it to see once again all those epic fights and struggles, but i don't like to rewatch shows usualy. :/

And what other anime has such great funny moments (ok everyone has a diffrent view on what's funny) but seriously what other anime has a guy that kicks a cook into a wall like a cannon and then says that the cook is no match for his level 40 kick or something ... to then see the cook get up and say that his cooking teacher's kicks must have been level 400. This is not something that strikes everyone as funny, but i personally find one piece to have some of the better jokes out there, not saying the best since Gintama for example has also very hilarious moments and mostly better ones. (i didn't give all the details because i don't want to spoil about that one piece moment)
wow everything u said there i didn't understand and as far as i know there is no joked like the one u said i don't think ur on the same idea as everyone else
MinimalismGeekNov 20, 2011 1:44 PM
Nov 20, 2011 12:37 PM

Sep 2010
RebeLchan said:
Serah said:

1. its not because they watched it and hated it.

2. the art has something to do with why some ppl never gave it a chance.

3. for me... it was the idea of catching up on the series.

I agree.

As far as point 3 goes I look at the "how many episodes do you watch per day" and see that the average anime fan could get current to OP in a month or two. The idea of catching up is far more daunting than just doing it.

Nov 20, 2011 1:45 PM

Nov 2011
shintai88 said:
Serah said:

its not because they watched it and hated it.

anyone who gives one piece a chance would fall in love with it. guaranteed.

people love naruto more, why? because of publicity, but in japan, one piece runs on a weekly basis, people are exposed to it even if they once loved naruto more, its like leaving the tv on while you do other things, but slowly once they watch it a few times, they realize one piece is definitely the best.

hence why one piece is #1 in japan. anywhere else = lack of exposure, and some people who posted before me proves my point. they never gave one piece a chance.

imo, naruto and bleach has their up and downs. and when they have their downs, its completely miserable, you just want to beat up the people writing the storyline.

but!!!! one piece.. NEVER has downs... its always UP UP AND UPPPPPPPP. hence one piece rules. and people who never give it a chance..... thats too bad, they TRULY dont know what they are missing.

p.s. yea the art has something to do with why some ppl never gave it a chance.

for me... it was the idea of catching up on the series.

i spent the last week of summer vacation watching 1-410 & reading the manga afterwards to update myself. it was AWESOME.

I think the lack of good dubs, makes it a huge problem. One piece dubs were some of the worse I've heard. Where as the english naruto dub wasn't actually that bad compare to the one piece one.
c the funimation dubbed for one piece than compared it with naruto dubbed
Dec 2, 2011 4:00 PM

Mar 2011
That's because people cant get past the art style. Oda is god. Like Literally.
Too many anime series fall under the one-dimensional spectrum as they are unable to find new themes or altering storyline. Long animes on the other hand, completely suck because they're past its creative peak and the series get filled with bullshits and retarded plot that makes no sense(Naruto and Bleach).

One Piece breaks all boundaries and it is a perfect series in every sense. It embodies every element of shonen action plot into a series of epic proportions.
Dec 2, 2011 4:26 PM

Nov 2009
Hmmm... a huge turn off for me at first was the the fact that there was soo many episodes and I'd eventually find myself loosing interest in it. I have severe commitment issues to anime.. yet I love it.. :S

But I'm kinda over that fear now and I'm really enjoying the series.. don't think I'll stop watching it anytime soon. ^^
fezakyuuDec 2, 2011 4:29 PM
Dec 2, 2011 4:34 PM
Mar 2011
right when thsi anime thumps the other so call big three rargige 5.55 - 7.5 [ per 1/4 ] Tv rating * its not hated its not Sazae or doraemon witch get double or 2.5 times its 1/4 ratings in share but nothing will even by pass sazae san in nay way sahpe or form OP Conan Canyon Shin Chan Doraemon and Maruko chan have all tried and failed

jus to ponit out for future reference iv aways work on 1/4 hour ratings
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Dec 2, 2011 7:35 PM

Aug 2007
TenkaseiRyo said:
right when thsi anime thumps the other so call big three rargige 5.55 - 7.5 [ per 1/4 ] Tv rating * its not hated its not Sazae or doraemon witch get double or 2.5 times its 1/4 ratings in share but nothing will even by pass sazae san in nay way sahpe or form OP Conan Canyon Shin Chan Doraemon and Maruko chan have all tried and failed

Your post doesn't make any sense.
Drunk_SamuraiDec 2, 2011 7:39 PM
Dec 3, 2011 1:07 AM
Mar 2011
Drunk_Samurai said:
TenkaseiRyo said:

Your post doesn't make any sense.

its me rabling on that the opening and title is a crock op buries the overt so called big three anime in ratings

Dec 7, 2011 2:02 PM
Jul 2010
Hmm yeah everyting is said already. I think people just should give it a chance. It's really a great anime, there are so much things in One piece.

And I actually wanted to watch the series because there were so much episodes
Dec 8, 2011 10:29 AM
Oct 2011
That was my main attraction to it too before I watched it was that it had a lot of episodes...
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Found this really old screenshot in my phone

Sch4n - 1 hour ago

1 by Mr_Sai »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1099 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Mar 30

63 by Pangea_ »»
57 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 442 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Mar 13, 2010

84 by gannoncannon55 »»
1 hour ago

» Have you ever thought 🤔 about this , it's been on my mind for a long time

Yeshaiah2015yesh - 2 hours ago

3 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 441 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Mar 6, 2010

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.