Forum Settings
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2014 6:00 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
LOL, this chapter opened up creatively. I always thought of the 'what if' scenario too although it's too real to be true.

Anyways, seems like the season is back to its normal setting now. It looks like it's Winter according to the dialogues. The atmosphere imo feels somewhat hollow after the vacation. Nice to see Hiratsuka this volume though but damn, the mood of is just ....as Hachiman describes: staggering.

But the volume captures the dialogues pretty well again like this:
She was one of those bitches who tried to hide their goofy, airheaded nature. A bitch that got too comfortable with people. There were plenty of those back in middle school. Yep, the ones that led the guys around by the nose. I thought they were all jugglers at the time.

Not as strong as the 'I hate Nice Girls" one but I think it made the point.

Pretty interesting volume. The elections makes the major theme. I like how Yukino challenges some of the rules like the "First year can't become president".

I feel sorry for Hachiman though. He caught a freaking cold. Damn, I know how that feels...
And speaking of feels, the atmosphere is still stiff. That damn trip ending

I knew Yukino would express interest in running for the election tbh. I always thought she was the type of girl to lead. I think she might be a bit too overconfident though but whatever. We'll see if she can back up her words. I wasn't really expecting Yui to also volunteer to run for the election, or more so against Yukino. Still, the way she explained it made somewhat sense. "I want to protect this club".

LOL, a KILL LA KILL REFERENCE in chapter 7. Fuck yes. Well anyways, I thought the volume had some cute moments like the Yui x Hachikman in the last part as well as tense moments involving the election. May the best girl win.
TyrelJan 12, 2016 9:33 PM
Apr 15, 2014 6:05 PM
Jan 2014
Eventhough things seems to be resolve the problems by the end of the novel but It still doesn't feel right between Yukino and Hachiman. Yui was cute.
Apr 16, 2014 3:35 AM

Aug 2013
So, finally all the chapters are finished being translated.

This time is about SC Election, huh.

Oh God so many references on this volume, i really loved it when he mentioned frickin Kill la Kill lol.

Starting with a fight between Komachi and Hachiman. I was kinda sad at that part, but i'm glad that they made up later.

I really don't understand what was Hayama trying to do. Can someone explain it to me ? Was he trying to make Hachiman become popular or what ? ._.

And Isshiki is a mystery for me. She's giving me off a feel that she likes Hachiman while in the same time she also disgusted by him. I guess Hachiman was right, She's an uncute version of Komachi lol.

Last, about Yukino. I dunno if she was like that because she lost again to Hachiman for that Service Club competition, or actually she wanted to be kaichou.

Well at least there are some cute moments for YuixHachi :)
Apr 16, 2014 10:43 PM
Aug 2012
Neizaru said:
BTW Is Kawasaki in love with him or what, giving weird stares for some time now. Was this explained in the earlier volumes?

Yes. Although whole those scenes were cut in anime.
Hachiman even said 'I love you' to Saki in vol. 6!
Apr 20, 2014 8:45 AM

Apr 2013
Slowly but surely, Hachiman is beginning to change.

Apr 28, 2014 3:55 PM
Mar 2009
Geezus, the majority of this volume was just depressing. And we're talking about THIS series.

I still wonder what has Yukino so ticked off about Hachiman. I thought it would be explained this chapter, but it seems like she's still keeping it to herself and the problem was just exacerbated by this Student Council election. Yuigahama seems completely oblivious too.

And then the events with Haruno, Hayama, and Hachiman's former classmate. The hell was that? Haruno set both of them up and then Hayama sets Hachiman up. Does Hayama really pity Hachiman that much? And why is Haruno treating Yukino like this? So many questions opened up this volume.

Whoa, where did all this Saki shipping come from? I love how Hachiman only associates "black panties" with her. Lol.

So I guess Meguri made some kind of request to Yukino personally? She seemed really expectant on Yukino becoming President and Yukino even said something along the lines of, "It was so obvious, but no one seemed to see it."

Can't wait for Volume 9 to be translated, ugh. This series is too good.
Jun 2, 2014 12:59 PM
Jun 2014
Am I the only one that thinks this Hayama guy will turn out to be evil in a pretty mask? I have a weird feeling that he was trying to put more distance between the service club members. I also have a feeling that Haruno has the same goal in mind, and they're working together.Hayama will definitely be a rival for Hachiman in regards to Yukino.

That whole thing he told Hachiman about how Haruno actually liked him because if she hates someone she just usually crushes them. See, I think it's the opposite, and if she hates you, then, she likes to toy with you.

I was rooting for HachimanxYukio, but now I'm starting to think he might be better off jumping off that train. Wouldn't be suprised if Hayama ends up getting her and he ends up brokenhearted. I'd love for him to pick someone like Kawasaki and forget about these two girls for the time being.
Jun 3, 2014 11:04 PM

Aug 2013
hvgill said:
Am I the only one that thinks this Hayama guy will turn out to be evil in a pretty mask? I have a weird feeling that he was trying to put more distance between the service club members. I also have a feeling that Haruno has the same goal in mind, and they're working together.Hayama will definitely be a rival for Hachiman in regards to Yukino.

Yeah there's a quite number of hints since vol 7 that Hayama isn't really a nice guy.
Nov 26, 2014 1:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Wow. That was actually tough to read through. The relationship dynamics between so many people in this story have become so twisted and complicated. The only plus point is that it's perhaps beginning to dawn on Hachiman that his way of doing things migh not be the optimal. Efficient, yes, and it gets the job done, but you really have question if the juice is worth the squeeze. He could have just chosen not help the new girl at all and avoid conflict with Y&Y.

Haruno and Hayama are the wild cards in all of this. Despite Haruno's basty and overbearing attitide, I still wonder if she doesn't just want to help Yukino. And I cannot figure Hayama out. I think he might have a thing for Yukinon and wouldn't be surprised if at some point we hear that their parents want to get them together or something along those lines.

I think people who are reading this for the 'ship' factor are going to be disappointed at the end. I don't think this is the kind of story that ends with Hachiman and girl X happily walking hands held to the park.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 12, 2014 3:11 PM

Apr 2012
Beast666 said:
So, finally all the chapters are finished being translated.

This time is about SC Election, huh.

Oh God so many references on this volume, i really loved it when he mentioned frickin Kill la Kill lol.

Starting with a fight between Komachi and Hachiman. I was kinda sad at that part, but i'm glad that they made up later.

I really don't understand what was Hayama trying to do. Can someone explain it to me ? Was he trying to make Hachiman become popular or what ? ._.

And Isshiki is a mystery for me. She's giving me off a feel that she likes Hachiman while in the same time she also disgusted by him. I guess Hachiman was right, She's an uncute version of Komachi lol.

Last, about Yukino. I dunno if she was like that because she lost again to Hachiman for that Service Club competition, or actually she wanted to be kaichou.

Well at least there are some cute moments for YuixHachi :)
I think Hayama simply wanted to be kind to Hachiman, but he misunderstood his true wish, so Hachiman got pissed at Hayama's action without really trying to understand him. Though this parallels with Hachiman's action at the end of volume toward Yukino.

Marzan said:
Wow. That was actually tough to read through. The relationship dynamics between so many people in this story have become so twisted and complicated. The only plus point is that it's perhaps beginning to dawn on Hachiman that his way of doing things migh not be the optimal. Efficient, yes, and it gets the job done, but you really have question if the juice is worth the squeeze. He could have just chosen not help the new girl at all and avoid conflict with Y&Y.

Haruno and Hayama are the wild cards in all of this. Despite Haruno's basty and overbearing attitide, I still wonder if she doesn't just want to help Yukino. And I cannot figure Hayama out. I think he might have a thing for Yukinon and wouldn't be surprised if at some point we hear that their parents want to get them together or something along those lines.

I think people who are reading this for the 'ship' factor are going to be disappointed at the end. I don't think this is the kind of story that ends with Hachiman and girl X happily walking hands held to the park.
despite how angst the novel has been so far, I would still bet that Yukino x Hikki is guaranteed (it's a light novel after all. I am not sure about the others.

YumeNoMonogatari said:
Slowly but surely, Hachiman is beginning to change.

I think it is much more that just that, but yeah changes are surely occuring.
bunny1ov3rDec 12, 2014 3:17 PM
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 25, 2015 12:31 AM

Jan 2013
So this new girl is just an improved version of Sagami, and she likes Hayama, would be interesting if she took a liking to Hikki, she has that Haruno aura on her, it would be fun.

I really wasn't expecting for Hayama to act like that, though by the reactions of Orimoto it looked like she had something to say, I hope she comes back.

Saki was right, I was waiting for Hikki to enter the stuco elections, to bad he didn't do it, and all those looks she gives to him, so sweet.

It's surprising that Yui entered the elections, it shows how her character has improved, and Hikki too, by trying to save the club, and even meeting up with people (who was originally just Zaimokuza) to come up with a plan, only Yukino lacked that, she's honest with everything except with what she wants... and things didn't got right between her and Hikki, and there's still the "drama" between Hayama's group (and probably the person he likes is Haruno, and she knows it, given that "indirect" that she gave him).
May 5, 2015 5:15 PM

Jan 2014
Volume 8 Chapter 3... OMFG Hikki pulled an Onoda! Hell yes don't care about anything else anymore I can stop reading oregairu right now and feel satisfied.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jul 29, 2017 3:33 AM

Nov 2013
He was singing the hime hime song from Yowamushi Pedal lmfao! That was one of my favorite and least expected references yet.

This was one of the most depressing volumes yet but I'm glad everyone seems to be back on good terms.
Oct 15, 2021 11:38 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Really enjoyed this volume, unlike 7.5.
Fucking stupid side stories volumes you are expecting to read, that take momentum away from the main plot and just take too long to read, because they are so boring...

Back to the good plot, after vol7 I was eager to see the implications of that ending, and this did not disappoint, felt really heavy, and that ending...
Vol.9 thought is really where you are seeing drastic changes, from all of these repercussions, which is damm awesome.

Iroha's introduction was kinda meh, but that is to be expected, she gets much more interesting with time, was really anticipating her introduction, glad it finally happened here.
Oct 16, 2021 11:33 AM
Jun 2020
Playcool said:
Fucking stupid side stories volumes you are expecting to read, that take momentum away from the main plot and just take too long to read, because they are so boring...

Back to the good plot, after vol7 I was eager to see the implications of that ending, and this did not disappoint, felt really heavy, and that ending...
Vol.9 thought is really where you are seeing drastic changes, from all of these repercussions, which is damm awesome.

Iroha's introduction was kinda meh, but that is to be expected, she gets much more interesting with time, was really anticipating her introduction, glad it finally happened here.
If I remember, Iroha was first introduced in vol 3 or 4, during the judo arc. And re-introduced officially later.
Oct 18, 2021 7:19 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
A_G_N said:
Playcool said:

If I remember, Iroha was first introduced in vol 3 or 4, during the judo arc. And re-introduced officially later.

That arc is from 6.5.
Dont recall judo even making and appearance outside 6.5.
Oct 18, 2021 10:29 AM
Jun 2020
Playcool said:
A_G_N said:

That arc is from 6.5.
Dont recall judo even making and appearance outside 6.5.
Hmm, might be mistaken then. I only remembered her appearing much earlier.

More topics from this board

» Does anyone think the anime is way better, or am I just crazy?

Eggs_Dee - Feb 20, 2023

10 by Playcool »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Volume 14 Discussion

Playcool - Feb 25, 2023

3 by TitanInsane »»
Jun 27, 2023 2:24 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Chapter 168 Discussion

Revanzz - Jun 26, 2023

1 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Jun 26, 2023 5:25 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Chapter 1 Discussion

ZeroZx - Nov 10, 2012

5 by Revanzz »»
Jun 26, 2023 2:13 AM

» Worth reading? Even after seeing anime?

cloolessJok3r - Apr 3, 2022

4 by Hitagi__Furude »»
Apr 30, 2023 8:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.