Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2009 10:10 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
so artificial deadmen to show the public how dangerous branch of sin users are; and whose the weird guy at the end?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 10, 2009 11:55 PM

May 2008
kage-bunshin said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
so artificial deadmen to show the public how dangerous branch of sin users are; and whose the weird guy at the end?
so the mask can make anyone into a deadman ...interesting but it won't last long.
Sep 11, 2009 7:30 AM
Dec 2008
kage-bunshin said:

I believe the weird guy at the end is the infamous "Mocking Bird".
Sep 11, 2009 7:37 AM

Jan 2009
TechDragon said:
so the mask can make anyone into a deadman ...interesting but it won't last long.

Er the mask is a normal mask to hide the identity of the deadman I think. It was the injection from the previous chapter which gave her the branch of sin (probably).

That snake thing looks like it requires a lot of blood. A miracle she didn't faint from anemia since Ganta fainted like twice near the start when he started using his branch of sin.
Sep 11, 2009 11:10 AM

Jul 2008
halberdiers said:
TechDragon said:

Er the mask is a normal mask to hide the identity of the deadman I think. It was the injection from the previous chapter which gave her the branch of sin (probably).

That snake thing looks like it requires a lot of blood. A miracle she didn't faint from anemia since Ganta fainted like twice near the start when he started using his branch of sin.

yeah, it was during the physical checkup that some of the prisoners were injected with some type of nano device in the shot.
and if you look at her after the fight she is pretty shaky which is probably a combination of both killing someone and the sudden drain on her blood.
not only that but the power she was given seems to almost destroy those with branch of sin in they're blood
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 11, 2009 4:59 PM

Jan 2009
halberdiers said:
TechDragon said:

it looked like most of the blood went back inside her
Sep 11, 2009 6:04 PM

Jul 2008
konpachi said:
halberdiers said:
TechDragon said:

it looked like most of the blood went back inside her

i think your right, the mask is just to hide the person and the injection is what did the Artifical deadman shit.
Sep 12, 2009 12:54 AM

Apr 2009
She is probably shaken up because it is not everyday you make someone explode from the inside, I doubt it is really because of blood loss.
Dec 30, 2009 11:17 AM
May 2008
After the last chapter being on the slow side, this is a welcome change of pace.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 15, 2010 8:24 PM

Oct 2008
Poor Azumi.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Sep 25, 2010 1:21 AM

Sep 2010
Aw, I like Azumi. She seems very nice! And that's so cute that she has an armadillo as a pet. I felt really bad for her at the end; she must be so scared. I hope Ganta can help her.

Though what I'm really interested in is seeing what Shiro will do now that she's noticed her Branch of Sin. I'm looking forward to finding out more about Mocking Bird, too!
Apr 15, 2011 4:03 PM

Aug 2010
Darn these experiments! Hope to see a fight next chapter!
Apr 17, 2011 10:54 PM

Oct 2009
Mockingbird~

:( Azumi <3.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2011 11:55 PM

Jul 2009
That's an interesting attempt to justify brutality.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Oct 6, 2012 2:02 PM

Aug 2012
Looks like they are trying to make Deadman look worse than they are to get people to want Deadman Wonderland to stay open.
Oct 19, 2012 8:40 PM

Jul 2012
hey guys i know this is an old post and out of discussion but i saw the anime 1st and then started reading the manga and began reading at the end of the anime and found my self a bit confused i dont remember if "Midou, Azami" (girl with an armadillo pet) was in the anime or not but if not i dont know who she is any one willing to tell me whats up with her or what chapter "Ganta" meets her?
Jul 1, 2015 1:30 PM

Apr 2008
Giggle @ Kincho trying to use branch of sin xD

LoveMyAnime4Life said:
hey guys i know this is an old post and out of discussion but i saw the anime 1st and then started reading the manga and began reading at the end of the anime and found my self a bit confused i dont remember if "Midou, Azami" (girl with an armadillo pet) was in the anime or not but if not i dont know who she is any one willing to tell me whats up with her or what chapter "Ganta" meets her?

Everyone who wants to read the manga should start with chapter one because they cut out a few important characters in the anime.
Like Azami. And because of that I belive they can't make a season 2. If they do, it'll suck.

Jul 8, 2015 3:51 AM

May 2011
So they decided to publicize the brutalities happens in the basement, I can't believed they revealed Carnival Corpse. Well, he got a point, maybe Ganta's the only innocent soul in DM, everyone else is just messed up, what's the point in letting those monsters run amok the streets killing people. They should've executed them immediately after bringing them to DW.

I feel bad for Azami, she looked like she was forced to that. It needs time though to control one's branch of sin, I don't know how could she master the whole thing spontaneously.
Oct 22, 2015 8:43 AM

Jan 2013
G-sector can finally get outside.
Azami gets to play with Ganta, with Ganta showing his branch of sin to a lot of different people outside.

Azami leaves because she's not feeling well, Ganta taking care of the little animal.

They just show Carnival Corpse like that to the public ... poor Azami though :(
PrOxAntoOct 22, 2015 8:58 AM
Oct 23, 2016 11:38 AM

Jan 2016
Oh i hope Azami finds a way out of this ):
She probably won't tho
Mar 7, 2017 9:44 AM

Jan 2014
Whoa.. I feel bad for Azami..
Apr 24, 2017 12:28 PM

Apr 2016
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE

❝ They went looking for the gods,
and died in lonely places ❞
Sep 25, 2018 4:35 PM

May 2010
Poor Azumi, they used her just like that...

Honestly though, I know this is sci-fi and all, but I'm 100% sure there's now way it'd be this easy to just start killing people off on TV and convince other people it's okay :x
Jan 22, 2020 6:52 PM

May 2016
Opening up G-Sector and giving the Deadmen access to every part of the prison complex was a cunning move done to quell the rumours spreading around in there but Tamaki's plan to officially reveal their existence to the world while portaying them as inhumane monsters was especially devious.

It definitely sucks for Azami to be the one to bear such a brutal power. Mockingbird's very much aware of what's happening too.

Jan 5, 2023 9:36 PM

Jul 2016
That has to be one of the worst ways to die. Pretty sad that girl to be forced to go from one of the last few innocent characters to having a power like that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 34 Discussion

deadfisheyes - Apr 19, 2010

26 by H_Erifu »»
Apr 5, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 1 Discussion

sifma - Aug 13, 2008

31 by Ed-Ein »»
Feb 19, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 58 Discussion

GodOfWolves - Sep 27, 2020

3 by knxwone »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 43 Discussion

Ishmael - Mar 26, 2011

23 by knxwone »»
Nov 17, 2023 6:33 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 38 Discussion

deadfisheyes - Aug 2, 2010

22 by knxwone »»
Nov 15, 2023 8:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.