Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 3, 2017 7:14 PM

Oct 2016
yeah pretty much I stopped on this project a long time ago because whispered words was way better. let's not forget citrus and girlfriends. this just doesn't compare.
Feb 6, 2017 7:09 PM
Jul 2018
So I spent the most of the show wondering "Oh boy, can't wait for Akira to get some development! Surely she will get her time to shine because she's in the cover!", but she never does.

What the hell was the point of Akira apart from just being there?

It completely focuses on Fumi and while I have no problem with it, the reltionship between her and Sugimoto just takes most of the time from the anime which leaves Akira to be a supporting third wheel. Speaking of Sugimoto, she gets more development than Akira too, which is just annoying as all hell.

I liked this show, but it was actually so frustrating to watch at times, I hope the manga has some actual closure.

6/10
removed-userFeb 6, 2017 7:13 PM
Apr 6, 2017 9:24 AM
Jan 2012
I was hoping for more development for Akira, too, but turns out the story is mostly about Fumi, with other characters supporting her.

That is fine, I guess. I enjoyed the ride.
Apr 15, 2017 7:30 AM

Jun 2013
I'm satisfied with this ending, as I think I managed my expectations correctly. Plus winter episodes are always cute. It showed a little bit of the aftermath from everyone's perspective, and Fumi showed a little extra maturity this time.

I might pick up the manga at some point; I'll put it on the list, for now.
May 29, 2017 8:47 AM
Mar 2015
Simply amazing Able to capture the emotions that the manga does not. Too bad we will never see Ahchan and Fumi's love story play out
Jun 11, 2017 1:18 PM

Mar 2017
This anime is the first that made me feel like I was in a deep sleep, dreaming about this little secret world of mine where there are many girls like me, in a way that I was free to say what I wanted to say, to feel what I wanted to feel, and to be with who I wanted to be with; without worrying the socially constructed norms and values that we usually refer to as "normal". If possible, I would've never wanted to wake up.

This will forever be put in a special place in my heart.
Jul 10, 2017 10:05 PM

Mar 2012
i think that calling this shoujo ai or yuri is a bit misleading, as this is mainly a story about a friendship, but it is a very sweet anime overall...
i really liked how they handles the relationships, not making this a fanservice or an anime L word and keeping the innocence of the high school girls and their relationships. it was nice and fresh to see them not put everyone ending up with boyfriends as if being in love with a girl is just a phase.
this is a simple and uneventful, but truthful portrait of relationships between girls and i appreciate it for what it is.
Jul 18, 2017 7:36 PM
Apr 2017
This episode pissed me off. I waited and all that build up and for what? Them to hold hands at the end. It's a great anime don't get me wrong but I really wanted to see them kiss as she found out her first true love. I wanted her to tell her she was her first love and then pick her up and kiss her. So much more could have been done but they walked away holding hands instead and it pissed me off. Great anime though.
Jul 24, 2017 9:40 AM
Jun 2014
lPikah said:
This episode pissed me off. I waited and all that build up and for what? Them to hold hands at the end. It's a great anime don't get me wrong but I really wanted to see them kiss as she found out her first true love. I wanted her to tell her she was her first love and then pick her up and kiss her. So much more could have been done but they walked away holding hands instead and it pissed me off. Great anime though.

I think the same dude!!!!
Jul 24, 2017 2:54 PM
Apr 2017
rubke1 said:
lPikah said:

I think the same dude!!!!

It really upset me. I was so pissed.
Aug 1, 2017 12:15 PM
Jun 2017
I enjoyed this one a nice 7/10 in my books maybe an 8/10. I honestly thought it would be pretty dramatic and dark but it was in general lighthearted and heartwarming which i really like. The whole premise of this anime isn't really about Fumi's relationship with that tomboyish girl that Fumi liked which took up a majority of the screen time i feel like it's more about Fumi remembering her feelings for Achan and everything else that happened were just aiding in that final realization. It's also really refreshing seeing a yuri romance anime where the topic of gender and sexuality is brought up while in like literally every other yuri romance anime almost everyone is homosexual.
Jan 10, 2018 2:07 PM

Oct 2015
I felt Sugimoto was the protagonist of this show because everything revolved around her. I believe that's the writers want to remove her, in order for the main characters to take the stage ( Achan x Fumi). I believe maybe they fall in love in the manga, but I wanted it to be here but what can I do. I enjoyed though the drama this show had but character wise, some were lame though and frustrating like Fumi's crying. But every time Fumi and Sugimoto got together I was happy, because I thought they suit each ( pity the show is for Akira any Fumi).

Its a 7/10 from me.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 28, 2018 1:00 PM

Jun 2016
I wish there were more anime like this with beautiful, subtle character drama. Usually I'm turned off by high school romance in anime because they're so terribly done - but this is one of the the rare ones that feels real. As expected from the mangaka of Hourou Musuko. Also, this show should be the bare minimum for yuri in terms of characterization. Sadly, it seems like it's in a league of its own and one-of-a-kind.

The soft water colour palette, and the gentle piano-based tracks suited the show's atmosphere perfectly. The art and direction was top-notch, nothing to complain about really.

Although Achan's character arc was left incomplete, I thought it did a good job in wrapping up the story with the forget-me-not motif and Fumi remembering her first love.

Light 9/10 for me.
Apr 9, 2018 1:58 AM

Dec 2017
Aaaaah, I loved that ending! It was so sweet!

I just wish that the rest of the series focused more on the friendship between Fumi and Achan. They were the best part of the show for me. I realize that a big part of the story was Fumi's growth and her discovering herself and all but I just feel like her romance with Sugimoto was a bit too melodramatic for my taste. The series seemed to overdo its love triangles and melodrama a bit too much. I do think that the story would've been much better if it was a story focused solely on the two main leads rekindling their old childhood friendship and falling in love.

Still, a very solid 7/10 from me. It was a nice, cute series and what I enjoy seeing in romance stories.
Apr 9, 2018 2:22 AM

May 2014
yourbraveshine said:
Aaaaah, I loved that ending! It was so sweet!

I just wish that the rest of the series focused more on the friendship between Fumi and Achan. They were the best part of the show for me. I realize that a big part of the story was Fumi's growth and her discovering herself and all but I just feel like her romance with Sugimoto was a bit too melodramatic for my taste. The series seemed to overdo its love triangles and melodrama a bit too much. I do think that the story would've been much better if it was a story focused solely on the two main leads rekindling their old childhood friendship and falling in love.

Still, a very solid 7/10 from me. It was a nice, cute series and what I enjoy seeing in romance stories.

Agreed. This anime was really cute and sweet.
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 16, 2018 10:41 PM
Feb 2018
> Yuri
> Het couples has more development than yuri "couples"
Apr 19, 2018 5:01 AM

Apr 2018
I loved this anime even thru all the weird plot lines but how is there no reward. Usualy you show people go thru problems and then recive a reward and thats a good story. Here however poster girls barely show any feelings, in all episodes they just hugged und hold hands some times and till last 10 min of anime have not even released their love to eachother. I do feel a bit fooled by the oppening and poster but it is still probably best shoujo ai anime.

Maybe there is more story in manga? can anyone confirm that?
Rasly2Apr 19, 2018 5:12 AM
This world is so small but we still cant find our ways.
Aug 17, 2018 9:18 PM

May 2016
Good closure, rewarding experience. Takako Shimura is very a gifted writer. Akira and Fumi truly are soulmates, they experience a friendship most people can only dream of.

If you guys are wondering about the "point" of Akira being there, well... She saved Fumi from an emotional collapse. When Sugimoto dumped Fumi Akira had a chance to save her best friend, and she cashed in on it.

EDIT: There is legitimate criticism to be aimed at Aoi Hana, but if your main complaint is that "nothing happened"... I am forced to wonder if you are familiar with anime, or just somehow stumbled upon this show. Actually, scratch that. I sincerely doubt your capacity for basic reading comprehension. I don't take this kind of insult lightly, and I do my best to never judge someone over something said on the internet, but sometimes you just have to give up. Again: I am not trying to make you see the error of your ways, or in any way change your opinion. You are way past that. I am just judging you for your tastes and insulting your poor choices.
Lease_of_LifeAug 18, 2018 10:39 AM
"I will become his world and will make him my world" - You really should know who said this.

"Firing at unarmed citizens is a feat that those without courage and a chivalrous spirit simply cannot accomplish." - Oskar von Reuenthal

"No way Spirited Away is better than Akira. NO WAY." - Kanye West
Oct 25, 2018 10:31 PM

Jul 2017
Noooo how can it end there?! I'm sort of glad I read the manga first, but man, it didn't even get to my favorite part. This adaptation is so nicely done and good to the source; I was hoping it would get to Acchan and Fumi's dating arc ;_; If you just watched the anime, you'd think the lesbian is the only one that loses! Wtf?!

Dang, the disappointment is strong right now. I wish someone would pick this back up for a remake... it got cut off right when the story gets god-tier >_> What is with this older yuri... Strawberry Panic gets an incomplete source completed by the anime and Aoi Hana is exactly the opposite lol.

Well, it was still good for what WAS there and I would still recommend it to yuri fans. But I'd probably add the caveat that you should read the manga either before or after.
Mar 19, 2019 8:27 PM
Oct 2018
A really enjoyable show, I liked the colours used and the plot went at a nice pace for me. I found the brother character Shinobu really awkward and weird though, kind of taking me out of some of the scenes.
Mar 27, 2020 6:52 AM

Aug 2018
I don't know, what happens in this last episode.. But anime was really more about Fumi and Sugimoto Yasuko, really.. I liked them as characters, as well as their relationship.. Only it ended badly.. But I really am glad that I saw Fumi and Yasuko..
Well, if Sugimoto wants to change school and learn abroad.. Pretty understandable.. A lot of things in her life are painful for her.. Especially as she changed schools once already..
I'm actually glad that Sugimoto at least tries to take her life in her hands.. Not just live near teacher, feelings to him hurting her.. And Fumi as well..
Well, and Fumi.. Knowing that Chizu came back, and inviting her to meet.. Fumi is hurt by world as well.. At least Chizu isn't her sister..

Well, after the end of the anime, I indeed consider this anime more about Fumi and Yasuko.. About them as persons, about their relationships.. I liked them both.. Even if they're not perfect, sometimes selfish or too worrying, they are interesting persons.. I quite liked them.. Anime overall was very nice to watch, it's just so easy to watch that I could watch it in one go, really, just had to stop, because had some other stuff to do.. It really is just an enjoyable sight, characters are interesting, and music is beautiful and sad.. I'm very glad that watched this anime.. It's just very nice..
Apr 28, 2020 9:13 AM

Jul 2017
this was a nice and fluffy story, glad I watched it.
Dec 30, 2020 8:06 PM
Apr 2020
Honestly, "the popular senior" made me fed up to the end. It was a selfish girl, inviting Fumi to date and then took her first kiss and then severed the relationship unilaterally. So many people are hurt because of her. Besides that, the end for Fumi and Acchan is quite satisfying in my opinion.

8/10
Oct 31, 2021 12:17 PM

Jun 2016
Ah, so we end on a Christmas episode, a nice choice I have to say.

Sugimoto is leaving to go abroad, Kyouko has gotten even closer to Kou, and Akira and Fumi visit their old school where Fumi realises that Akira was her first love - a bit bizarre if ya ask me. It was an okay way to wrap up the show.

Overall, for me, I think the show factors into 'meh' territory. Aside from the feelings and conflicts that the character express and go through, there isn't anything really there that invested me into the story.

The background music was nice, fresh, and gentle throughout - maybe a bit too much, to the point of lulling you to sleep, lol. Character models and animation remained consistent throughout, but I don't really like the background art all that much. The plot itself was meh, and I don't see myself rewatching this again.

Nov 16, 2021 7:17 AM

Jan 2021
Nice episode and ending. But it would be even better if it followed the manga ending. It's a bit weird that Fumi suddenly realizes that her first love is Akira. I don't think it's possible that there'll be second season which follows the plot in the manga, so there's no possibility that we could see the manga ending be animated, which is a bit sad to me.

The op and ed were so good that I never skipped them, and I really like the anime catch on the watercolor illustrations as background. The whole work was so pure and gentle that it made me happy.
Apr 4, 2022 7:18 PM

Jun 2014
This final episode was a little bit rushed, and we still don't fully know if Akira shares Fumi's feelings, but one cannot rule it out.

Overall, I really enjoyed this anime. I liked the atmosphere, the characters, and pretty much everything about it. I haven't seen a lot of GL anime, but I'm glad that I watched this one.

Jun 10, 2023 11:09 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
What the ? There's no progress at all with fumi and achan, all these episodes is pointless when the most main character doesn't have progress at all
Mar 7, 11:38 AM

Sep 2018
From the creator of Hourou Musuko, a show I enjoyed a lot. Has the same sort of monologuing introspection and care to the characters and story, creates a rather pensive atmosphere at times.

I can kind of see why the score for this is rather average at a low 7, it's not what it initially seems or at least not what I anticipated it to be. Still very good so far, just a tad bittersweet as a viewer with some fairly nuanced drama and a wide range of potential shipping. Not too many refined girls love shows like this anymore.

Maybe a little cheesy at times, but it's what I've come to expect with most female audience inclined romantic works, probably wouldn't even be a problem for the majority. Still, a pretty grounded show with good characters.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MRLX69 - Jul 1, 2009

129 by hagukoko »»
Mar 14, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starrysky - Aug 12, 2009

65 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 6, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FireReaverX - Jul 15, 2009

74 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 5, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 8, 2009

80 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:06 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starrysky - Sep 2, 2009

56 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 10, 2023 10:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.