Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Apr 7, 2014 5:11 AM

Apr 2009
Oh my god that OP, and it all begins. 10/10
Apr 7, 2014 10:21 AM

Jan 2014
Apr 7, 2014 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
sonicgx11 said:
HURRAY FOR GETTING RID OF THE MAGIC CIRCLES!!!

I just hope this is true :D
I thought that they're heading in this direction since the grand magic games arc started... they kinda kept shutting out the magic circles. I myself prefer it this way.
Apr 7, 2014 5:14 PM

Oct 2013
yeslelno123 said:
Moonsolol said:
This is good, but I don't think this should be #10 at Ep.1

Fricking fanboys.

Shit that happens like this makes me think most of MAL community is retarded.

Why be sexest, there are actually fangirls too for this series, and a whole lot at that.

entTaff said:
sonicgx11 said:
HURRAY FOR GETTING RID OF THE MAGIC CIRCLES!!!

I just hope this is true :D
I thought that they're heading in this direction since the grand magic games arc started... they kinda kept shutting out the magic circles. I myself prefer it this way.

Yeah I noticed that too lol, but I always thought it was stupid to add those circles, it was much cooler in the manga when they don't use it.
Apr 7, 2014 8:52 PM

Dec 2013
It's back and it looks fucking awesome! Dat opening with so many spoilers @_@, It felt kinda rushed though. i'm so hyped right now and i love FT, but seriously people? Top 10 in one episode?
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Apr 7, 2014 9:18 PM

Nov 2007
♥♪ NaLu ♫♥ ~yay

Dat Gray. :D Dat Gajeel! :D

Poor Lector! ;_; Right in the feels. That horrible Master deserved it.

I'm liking the art changes, tbh. I like the redesigns. Not that the old ones were bad. :)

I was kind of laughing at how they suddenly reintroduced all the characters. "Here are the main characters, their major traits, and a brief synopsis of the plot so far. And now enjoy the rest of the story." Okay, then. o.o; That could have been done more gracefully, but hey, I guess get it out of the way as fast as possible so we can get to the good stuff. :3

I guess I thought it was going to be a lot longer before it returned... maybe I shouldn't have read ahead in the manga. >_< Now I'm going to know everything that happens, and I won't be surprised. I hate that. Oh, well.
Apr 8, 2014 12:29 AM

Oct 2011
The opening is lovely~
Apr 8, 2014 3:24 AM

May 2013
animation got better. :) love the opening. kekekeke.

Apr 8, 2014 9:30 AM
Feb 2013
great opening and ending with nalu!also all our unanswered questions from the last episode of the last sequel is starting to get slowly answered within the first episode!it was really sad seeing what happened in the sabertooth guild(what happened with lector...)but i was glad seeing everyone from fairy tail again!expecting great things from it here on out!worth the wait for over a year! XD
Apr 8, 2014 1:27 PM

May 2013
WOW I loved that episode of fairy tail! Hope I love the rest of the episodes!
Apr 8, 2014 4:09 PM

Jan 2014
Great to have FT back! Been a long time, and Im really liking the new animation.
And hey we got some blood!! Keep it up
Apr 9, 2014 4:17 AM
Nov 2011
Glad the anime's back, though I still feel bad about the new character artworks, and the colors were kinda something too, but overall, I like the first episode, looking forward to watch the next ep.
and lector been killed, poor sting
Apr 9, 2014 4:32 PM

Oct 2012
finally, we get to see fairy tail again! and lucy is voiced by the same person! i heard some troubling rumors about a seiyuu change for lucy, so i'm really happy that they were just that: rumors.

not a huge fan of the opening or ending yet, though i'm sure they'll grow on me eventually.for the opening i think it's mostly the fact that the song is a fairy tail opening. up until now, they've mostly had more of a rock sound and i preferred that over this opening so i'll have to see it more before i judge it fully. for the ending, i think it's the same. i'm just not sure how i feel about the song. i'm all over the animation though! XD i love the na/lu moments in both the OP and the ED. i ship na/lu all the way, so it was nice to see that hinted at in the opening and ending.

the animation is noticeably different, but just barely. it's still the same style, just a little softer in a way, kinda like how a shounen drawing is harsher than a shoujo drawing (but, you know, more subtle, because the difference in those styles is huge).

the story itself is still sticking to the manga nicely, but the the way it was all laid out was a little confusing.
Apr 10, 2014 2:04 AM
Mar 2014
Fairy Tail is finally back !
Poor Lector
That sting punch !!
And the origins of dragon slayer magic. The animation is kinda iffy right now
Apr 10, 2014 3:42 PM

Jul 2010
JFC WHY ARENT MORE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT LECTOR, HE WAS LITERALLY BURNED TO DEATH?! No one expect Simon died in FT and now Lector is suddenly BURNED? God I might not like cocky attitude of Sting but damn he really, really didn't deserve that, it really hurt me to see him so lost after it happened. And Rogue grabbing Frosch to protect him, god damn I hate the Sabertooth "master". I hope they'll set out of the guild, that shitty "master" won't have anyone worthy left at the end of the games if he keeps this up.

Anyway besides that I'm really happy with the reboot, I like the new art style though I didn't dislike the old one either, this one looks a little sleeker though. I can't wait for the myseries to unravel and for some real old Fairy Tail action. And the ost's of course, hnngggg Fairy Tail ost's :)
Apr 10, 2014 3:48 PM

Apr 2013
Animefanx3 said:
JFC WHY ARENT MORE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT LECTOR, HE WAS LITERALLY BURNED TO DEATH?!

Manga spoiler
Apr 11, 2014 4:49 AM

Oct 2013
Great episode,just finished Fairy Tail and started watching the new series.Still haven't got used to the new artwork but it looks nice.Loved the OP and ED.

RIP Lector.

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"
Apr 13, 2014 6:48 PM

Oct 2012
Fairy Tail is BACK :D

Wow what a great start to the series lots of twists & turns in this episode

I can't wait for the next episode

Apr 13, 2014 8:40 PM

Sep 2008
OMG Fairy Tail is BACK!!
Just realized today LOL

EDIT: And the OP is by BoA! Holy shit this just made my day
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Apr 15, 2014 2:40 AM

May 2012
I'm so happy they're continuing the story rather than going back to the beginning. I was worried they'd ruin it as I really did love the show. And I still do. Although I'm pleased I didn't re-watch the last episode of the last series before this one, the change in animation might have been too obvious and I'm pretty picky with that kind of stuff.

Anyway, it was great, can't wait to see how it goes.
Apr 15, 2014 7:42 PM

May 2013
Natsu and Lucy romance is building .. woohoo. It's about time
Apr 15, 2014 8:55 PM

Aug 2008
So happy it's back :D
Apr 18, 2014 6:11 PM
Apr 2014
Natsu x Lucy - confirmed-
Apr 18, 2014 8:20 PM

Apr 2009
And it's back, right where we've left off last time.

Did he really kill Sabertooth's master? The old geezer looks tough as nails to be one hit KO'd like that.

So Zeref really is related to Acnologia after all?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 20, 2014 7:07 PM

Nov 2013
Probably cuz it's been a while since I watched it, but I didn't catch the new character designs right off the bad. Instead I was perturbed by how Gajeel, Natsu, and Gray all had only a single chest muscle for the majority of this ep. It just looked super weird...lazy art?

Loved the OP though~ kya BOA! Been a while since I've actually liked a Fairy Tail op/ed.
The ED was meh.

But from them I can see that NaLu are canon now...not a fan of this couple so didn't particularly care..
Apr 22, 2014 6:11 AM

Nov 2013
3 words. I love it!
Apr 24, 2014 4:55 AM
Apr 2014
so if you use too much dragon slayer magic you turn into a dragon?
well that explains the scales around natsus eyes when he was fighting jellal
different art stylee i think i like it ;D
Apr 24, 2014 5:55 AM

Jun 2013
pontiu said:
so if you use too much dragon slayer magic you turn into a dragon?
well that explains the scales around natsus eyes when he was fighting jellal
different art stylee i think i like it ;D
That was dragon force, all dragon slayers are capable of using it
Apr 25, 2014 7:12 AM

Jun 2011
Eh, so much NaLu tease.. -.- Mashima-sensei, you better make it canon! Both OP and ED are pretty decent, loved the last scene in the OP, where Natsu put his head near Lucy's face (sort of reassuring her or something I guess) and she just let it all out (lol FMAB ED2), thought that was a beautiful scene. Last scene in the ED is pretty good too, I have read some spoiler regarding future events so that part leaves better impact to me, with the Fairy Tail mark.

Edit: Lame Sabertooth master is lame.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 30, 2014 6:38 AM

Aug 2013
Thank god they started the new season off with a GOOD OP. I cant believe i waited to see who that woman was just to be left in the dark again!!
My Candies:
May 1, 2014 1:14 PM

Nov 2012
literally the same shit.
May 4, 2014 11:33 AM

Jun 2013
Why didn't they showcase Lisanna when they showed Mira and "Mr Men"? Is she still going to be treated with the value of a rock? :(

INTENSE EPISODE!!! I felt so sorry for the poor kitty cat.. I was really pumped when he "killed" his guild leader tho. The guy deserved it so bad.

All in all a very good first episode. Hopefully the quality won't drop! Fuck yes Fairy Tail is back ;D
May 18, 2014 12:58 PM

Feb 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is awesome. Just be aware anime only viewers that the OP song has some spoiler scenes. The OP song is awesome with CHASIN as the main theme song imo.

Erza is still awesome too. Her character design looked a little odd but whatever. The characters still looks great. I mean, those eyes :O

This is the direct continuation from Magic Games arc. Still, Sabertooth's master pisses me off.
Best part of the episode imo is when STING blew a hole into that punk. Poor Lector. Natsu is pretty funny to watch too. Looks like they are using the original OST. Nice.

That is in every Fairy Tail Opening: SPOILERS! The only fault Fairy Tail has made
May 18, 2014 12:59 PM

Feb 2014
This is the bestest and my favorite first episode of an anime. It was like WOW!
May 18, 2014 9:21 PM

Dec 2013
I'm stunned!! He killed Sing's exeed side kick?!?! Sting responds by blowing a hole in the guys chest killing him instantly?!?! what show is this???

Still plenty of good laughs. This is Gajeel's second best look yet. Cool history lesson.
Love and Peace!!!
May 28, 2014 6:21 PM

May 2013
Epic.
Jun 4, 2014 2:33 PM

Dec 2013
The part when they were invoking the dragon had a dragon ball vibe to it.
"Me ni wa me wo, ha ni wa ha wo, aku ni wa aku wo."
Jun 17, 2014 11:01 PM

Jan 2014
Fairy Tail,175 episodes - 3 death
Fairy Tail(2014),first episode - 2 death?

interesting :I
Jul 17, 2014 12:14 PM

Jul 2014
The new art is confusing me a lil bit. Guess, it's because I marathoning it, so i could see the different quite clearly. And the different in BGM too.

Anyway, I love the OP & ED.
Google first, ask later
Sep 1, 2014 6:11 AM

Jun 2011
woww i really liked this episode
fairy tail FTW
Oct 11, 2014 4:35 PM

Mar 2010
That was crazy how they killed off that poor cat.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 8, 2014 7:43 AM

May 2011
What's with Sabertooth's master ? doesn't he have a heart ? I feel really bad for Sting. Zirconis was kinda funny repeating his name :D lol Happy "I'm a cat".

A great start, now I'm curious.

Liked the opening, the ending is nah.
Jan 7, 2015 10:44 PM

Nov 2014
I actually like the new artwork. And that opening!! OMG NALU YES. I'm going to rewatch this episode when I'm not half asleep though.
Jan 24, 2015 12:41 PM
Dec 2014
Wow, what an epic first episode! Didn't think they would already go so deep into the history of the Dragons and reveal how Dragon slayers were made. I felt sorry for Sting though.
Oh and nice Opening. :P
Jan 30, 2015 8:53 PM

Aug 2013
Hmm.. the OP was really well done.
I'm not used to the new art.. especially the color tone.
The killing scene and summoning dragon was a bit weak in the anime.
The manga was better at delivering it.
However I'm in favor for those NaLu moments. XD
Aug 18, 2015 8:46 PM

Nov 2014
Love the new OP! The part with Juvia & Gray is so cute. <3 And the ending with Natsu & Lucy. <3

Poor Lector...and I feel so bad for Sting. :( That was so emotional.

The ED is so cute with Lucy & Natsu, and Lucy having the phone charms of the exceeds, Pantherlily & Happy charms I want them. xD
Apr 20, 2016 11:12 AM

Jul 2015
Finally decided to come around this second season, not really much change, the chara design where a bit changed, the animation is better, but for the rest nothing feel different.
Aug 25, 2016 8:49 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
LiNa > NaLu

I would love to see Lisanna get her ship.

That aside, that was just gruesome, the Guild Master killing Lector on the spot. Seems he was unaware of the cat being a part of the guild. At least Sting knocked the old geezer out. It would be insane if they joined FT.

So the GMG used to be a Dragon Festival.

Sep 4, 2016 6:48 AM

Jan 2016
So many complains about the OP is just a Spoiler itself, well Fairy tail, to me always have done it, and other animes as well, bu that makes me just more Hyped about how they will execute the Animation and all.! To me me it was an incredible Opening,Awesome Singing, as teasing thru the rest.ED part was Soo lovely and such a sweet NaLu ED. Also said about the new animation in the movie as well. and i really like design, and new colors.

Awesome First episode, little about the Dragon king and acnologia, i mean yea im not stupid and can take hints by the OP but still awesome. Erza is kicking heads by over cake xD poor erza. the feels for Lector ;-; i was shocked as well, fucking love Sting for leaving a fucking hole in to the bastard! And i finally saw Milky way :3 So beautiful!
Natsu fighting dragons in the future?! 0.o what the hell is going to happen, and who was that mysterious woman Jellal saw?(little irriterad they changed to a alley.. )
Dead_By_HeartSep 4, 2016 6:54 AM
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 3, 2016 8:28 PM

Jul 2013
What can be better as watching my most fav anime again <3

This start was absolute incredible. To see everyone back makes me so happy. It's true, some things changed like the animation, but I like it so far and they used the old OST's which is super nice. Alone to see Natsu, Gray and Erza fighting was sooo funny. :D

That's a lot of thing which happened in this episode. For real what's wrong with Sabertooths master? He's crazy, poor Lector :(
I'm glad Sting shot a hole in this idiot. Seems like Minerva is also happy about it.

I almost forgot about the dragon graveyard. I can't believe how much dragons died there. So that's what Milky Way looked like. The conversation with this Jade Dragon omg xD

Super interesting to hear something about the past and how Acnologia became a dragon. But what exactly do they plan with the eclipse project? These visions about the future don't looking good. So much questions. I hope they will get answered in the next episodes. And who is this person Gerad followed?

I love the OP and ED. So much NaLu <3 <3

Fairy Tail for life! :)
Natsu88Oct 3, 2016 8:32 PM

Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.