Forum Settings
Forums

Missing anime entries? April Fool's joke?

New
Apr 1, 2014 11:43 AM

Sep 2013
When I first saw a bunch of unknowns in my favorite character list I got rid of them thinking my account was hacked, guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to re-add them.

A bigger issue: why did a bunch of anime on my list disappear? Is this also part of the joke; remove random shows from people's list?

It's actually pretty annoying.

Mod Edit: Title edited to make the unique problem addressed in this thread clear.
KinetaApr 1, 2014 12:54 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2014 11:50 AM

Mar 2013
mickdrew_99 said:
When I first saw a bunch of unknowns in my favorite character list I got rid of them thinking my account was hacked, guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to re-add them.

Haha.

mickdrew_99 said:
A bigger issue: why did a bunch of anime on my list disappear? Is this also part of the joke; remove random shows from people's list?

Shouldn't be. But hey, you may never know these days...

Edit: However. this bullcrap was meant to be there, supposedly...
SubbedApr 1, 2014 12:13 PM
Apr 1, 2014 12:28 PM

Dec 2011
Subpyro said:

Edit: However. this bullcrap was meant to be there, supposedly...

Only if you used a layout designed by a specific club.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 1, 2014 12:43 PM
Jan 2013
I do not know if my list is so because of someone else or if it's a joke April 1
Apr 1, 2014 12:47 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Should I be worried about that pony thing?

Apr 1, 2014 12:51 PM

Oct 2013
I'm not even mad.
Apr 1, 2014 12:53 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
mickdrew_99 said:
Here is a cache of your profile from March 14th. Doesn't look like you lost any anime to me. And no, we didn't tamper with anime lists or remove any entries from the DB.

SweetKotomi said:
This is a prank played by the guy/club who designed your anime list. Take it up with Shishio-kun if you have complaints :P
Apr 1, 2014 12:59 PM

Sep 2013
Kineta said:
mickdrew_99 said:
Here is a cache of your profile from March 14th. Doesn't look like you lost any anime to me. And no, we didn't tamper with anime lists or remove any entries from the DB.

If you visit the my current anime LIST page you can see the numbers in which they are listed skip several times. That, and I can't seem to add shows like Baccano, Fullmetal Alchemist, Eva 2.0, and several others because the site keeps telling they're already on my list.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2014 1:00 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
@Kineta I've been having problems with my anime list. I had to changes list layouts because neither anime in my list was clickable so I couldn't add, drop, or update the episode count. This happened today, not sure if some layout codes aren't working properly with Opera as that is the browser I use.

Apr 1, 2014 1:05 PM

Dec 2011
mickdrew_99 said:
Kineta said:
mickdrew_99 said:

If you visit the my current anime LIST page you can see the numbers in which they are listed skip several times. That, and I can't seem to add shows like Baccano, Fullmetal Alchemist, Eva 2.0, and several others because the site keeps telling they're already on my list.

I don't see any numbers skipped. And I can see those series on your list. The problem seems to be on your end.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 1, 2014 1:06 PM

Sep 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
mickdrew_99 said:
Kineta said:
mickdrew_99 said:

I don't see any numbers skipped. And I can see those series on your list. The problem seems to be on your end.

Interesting.... That confuses matters.

Edit: All odd numbered shows are missing from my view.
MickdrewApr 1, 2014 1:10 PM
Apr 1, 2014 1:17 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
SweetKotomi said:
@Kineta I've been having problems with my anime list. I had to changes list layouts because neither anime in my list was clickable so I couldn't add, drop, or update the episode count. This happened today, not sure if some layout codes aren't working properly with Opera as that is the browser I use.
Are you using list layouts from a club? If so, please ask in the club. It's faster for them to help you than for me to try and look at a layout I have no knowledge of. I use Opera and am able to use my list just fine, though. (My lists are made by me.)

mickdrew_99 said:
Perhaps try a different browser. My first guess is an addon interfering.
Apr 1, 2014 1:25 PM

Sep 2013
Kineta said:

mickdrew_99 said:
Perhaps try a different browser. My first guess is an addon interfering.

Found the problem, it was an addon/extension. Thank you so much!
Apr 1, 2014 2:15 PM
Jul 2012
SweetKotomi said:

I got it too :/
Apr 1, 2014 4:27 PM

Jul 2012
SmashTehCookie said:
I'm not even mad.
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Apr 2, 2014 3:58 AM

Oct 2009
themasti19 said:

Kineta said:
This is a prank played by the guy/club who designed your anime list. Take it up with Shishio-kun if you have complaints :P
Apr 2, 2014 6:33 AM

Feb 2010
Serhiyko said:
themasti19 said:

Kineta said:

Speak of the devil and he shall appear! Anyways, I've deleted the pony code since April Fools is over now lol. If you reload your pony-infected lists it should be normal now. I'm happy to see so many ppl enjoyed the prank! Round 2 on Halloween!

More topics from this board

» I can't use forums using Windows High Contrast anymore

vasipi4946 - Apr 25

6 by vasipi4946 »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3376 by Vampires »»
3 hours ago

» IP ban glitch?

AverageRiceFan - Apr 21

2 by hich4n_ »»
Apr 25, 12:15 PM

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

127 by Spunkert »»
Apr 25, 6:05 AM

» Backup

Vapor_AU - Apr 24

1 by pichipichiHiro »»
Apr 24, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.