Mar 23, 2014 4:45 PM

Oct 2013
I know i really want one
do you think we will get one after the ova >.>
[/quote]
Mar 23, 2014 5:33 PM

Jun 2012
hmm... hard to say...

imo it was only for the sake to make a boost for the manga (and it clearly did) but its disc sales doesn't look like they're are going to be that great

so in my opinion it won't....but I would love another one, that's for sure

- I only draw freestyle! -
Mar 23, 2014 5:37 PM

Jun 2013
Yeah it will depend on sales and such.

Hopefully it does get another season (or more), I enjoyed it a lot :)
Mar 23, 2014 5:41 PM

Sep 2011
when bones was describing why they went anime only they said it was because the bishamon arc would take at least 13 episodes but it wouldnt work if you were to skip over the yukine arc so they wouldnt want to ruin it, that to me sounds like they are planning on another season already especially since the manga got a nice boost in sales and that the anime is set to sell well

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 23, 2014 5:51 PM
Sep 2013
Doubtful. I don't think sales or interest will be large enough.
Mar 24, 2014 4:49 AM
Mar 2010
I think I already talked about this a while back but I'll do it again.

Whether we get a season 2 or not, depends on Kodansha, the people who own the rights for the manga. Even is sales are amazing, if they don't give the go ahead, it won't happen.

Anyway, let's see the possibilities. Firstly, an anime's main purpose to boost the sales of the manga. And Noragami's anime excelled in that aspect. It went from selling 50k to 150k. That is amazing. And that's in just ONE volume. So, I could say that the anime will definitely not be a loss for Kodansha and it has done what it was meant to do.

The disc sales. Noragami will probably average around 3k or so. That's like barely breaking even. But, this was told to me by MAL user hpulley btw, any of you guys know Chihayafuru? Well, that anime I think sold worse than what Noragami's supposed to sell but it got a season 2 because of the great manga sales boost. And it also belongs to Kodansha.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 24, 2014 5:06 AM

Jul 2011
I hope so. I have too many manga to read already.
Mar 24, 2014 5:31 AM
Dec 2013
I'd love it if it did, although I'm going to be starting the Manga soon so it doesn't matter. It was brilliant while it lasted.
Mar 24, 2014 6:15 AM

Oct 2013
People keep telling 'This anime, or that anime probably won't get another season bcause the disc sales weren't great'
I wonder how great minami-ke series disc sales to have that many season adaptation
"Burn the heretics"
Mar 24, 2014 6:34 AM
Mar 2013
Toaki90 said:
People keep telling 'This anime, or that anime probably won't get another season bcause the disc sales weren't great'
I wonder how great minami-ke series disc sales to have that many season adaptation

They get sales because of the (uncensored) 'plot'
I think Infinite Stratos was one of the top sellers at its time too.
Mar 24, 2014 7:14 AM
Oct 2013
JizzyHitler said:
when bones was describing why they went anime only they said it was because the bishamon arc would take at least 13 episodes but it wouldnt work if you were to skip over the yukine arc so they wouldnt want to ruin it, that to me sounds like they are planning on another season already especially since the manga got a nice boost in sales and that the anime is set to sell well

Ur words is like an oase in the dessert
Mar 24, 2014 7:17 AM

Aug 2013
I think they rushed a lot with this. This anime has potential and I like it a lot, but I'm not sure if there are really going to be a season 2. I would love if it happens though, but I think I will read the manga. Could someone post a link of a website that sells manga worldwide. (no need to have the Noragami manga though)
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 24, 2014 7:20 AM

Aug 2013
I don't think it'll but if yes it'd be later like 1 year ? who knows but I really hope fro 2nd season 26-25 episode :")~

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Mar 24, 2014 7:38 AM

Dec 2013
Yeah, i really hope there'll be a season 2 and pretty sure too because the manga is still on-going, even though they might not be able to produce a season 2 right now, maybe in a few years after the manga has enough story to give it a season 2 there'll definitely be one because this season left of with a lot of things still hanging out there in the open. I think it all comes down to how successful this season will sell. I'm also pretty sure the author himself would also want a season 2 to explain all the things he could not answer in these short 12 episodes. Things such as, will Hiyori ever solve her phantom problem? Or will the issue between the blonde cop goddess and Yato ever be resolved? Things like this allows for a great possibility of a season 2 to come.
Just some of my thoughts~
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Mar 24, 2014 9:57 AM

Jun 2012
Satoshiek said:
(...) Could someone post a link of a website that sells manga worldwide. (no need to have the Noragami manga though)

in which languages you want the mangas to be? (I can recommend you a few sites I do normally use)

- I only draw freestyle! -
Mar 24, 2014 1:08 PM
Jan 2013
I really thought there was going to be a second season until they completely fucked with the manga in the last three episodes. I mean, I liked the least three episodes, but they kind of broke the arc chain. I really want one, but I don't we're gonna get one.
<3 UR PRETTY KEWL 2 <3
Mar 25, 2014 10:50 AM

May 2012
I'm glad if they just ended it like this. I find that the Bishamon arc won't be as interesting as the first part of Noragami.
Mar 25, 2014 10:59 AM

Jan 2013
This show needs a second season for me to consider this a good show/adaptation. You cannot just introduce a shit tonne of side stories and major plot elements and leave them unresolved, that is just poor directing. You can tell the viewer to go read the manga but you shouldn't have to read the source material to get a complete story in a different medium.

So yes this show desperately needs a second season, my rating of a 6 at the moment is due to the fact that I do think this will get a second season and if it doesn't I will have to lower it.

Will probably read the manga though at some stage, the actual material that comes from the manga was excellent but the stuff that I have been told that are anime only were not very good. Heck, Rabou felt like a shoehorned in "edgy" filler villain from Naruto or something.
xplosive59Mar 25, 2014 1:23 PM
Mar 25, 2014 12:35 PM

Apr 2012
There is a lot of hints for a second season if that helps. The fact the Nora muttered to herself that she needs to tell this "father" person is telling enough. Why would they highlight something so random if it's never going to get an explanation. Anyways, it seems to me that Bones didn't want to rush through the Bishamon arc with only three episodes, so they inserted a filler arc (which the mangaka helped to create, so do keep that in mind). I'm squarely in the camp of believing they will give us a second season.
Mar 26, 2014 12:17 AM

Mar 2012
JizzyHitler said:

*crosses fingers*
Mar 26, 2014 12:48 AM

Nov 2011
If this gets a season 2, it would definitely have to focus on Bishamon's arc. The manga describes this in details and covers it quite a bit. Still, it would be a one cour show though I imagine considering there's not too many chapters out even in RAW and translated combined.
Mar 26, 2014 5:29 AM
Oct 2013
Stark700 said:
If this gets a season 2, it would definitely have to focus on Bishamon's arc. The manga describes this in details and covers it quite a bit. Still, it would be a one cour show though I imagine considering there's not too many chapters out even in RAW and translated combined.

I think , bishamon arc + ebisu arc + small filler arc is enough to make 2 cour show
Mar 27, 2014 3:17 PM

Jan 2013
xplosive59 said:
This show needs a second season for me to consider this a good show/adaptation. You cannot just introduce a shit tonne of side stories and major plot elements and leave them unresolved, that is just poor directing. You can tell the viewer to go read the manga but you shouldn't have to read the source material to get a complete story in a different medium.

So yes this show desperately needs a second season, my rating of a 6 at the moment is due to the fact that I do think this will get a second season and if it doesn't I will have to lower it.

Will probably read the manga though at some stage, the actual material that comes from the manga was excellent but the stuff that I have been told that are anime only were not very good. Heck, Rabou felt like a shoehorned in "edgy" filler villain from Naruto or something.
Maybe if the anime director wasn't limited to one-cour he would have had made a better anime adaptation to a fucking manga? You can't blame a director for this you slack eyed piece of shit.
Mar 28, 2014 12:01 AM

Jul 2009
I hope so! I really like it, so a season 2 would be more than welcome!
Mar 28, 2014 12:58 AM

Jun 2010
Honestly it's a waste of time to try and predict these things, a lot of shows deserving(imo) sequels such as this one end up not getting sequels and sometimes the dumbest shows get sequels. Only certain animes are stupidly popular that you can see another season coming from a mile away(SAO, SnK, etc.) and this really isn't one of them. Odds are probably not in its favor but it's not zero so we can only hope.
Mar 28, 2014 5:43 AM

Jan 2013
TonyTin said:
xplosive59 said:

Maybe if the anime director wasn't limited to one-cour he would have had made a better anime adaptation to a fucking manga? You can't blame a director for this you slack eyed piece of shit.

You could have just left that last part off you know? It is discredits your argument and makes you like a butthurt child. Anyway don't get me wrong this is a good series and the director did do a good job for the most part, but if you have an uncertain future for the show and are limited to one season then introducing all of these side plots that need alot of time to develop that is unavailable is not the way to go about this. Hopefully this show will get a second season but if it doesn't it is just a massive teaser for the manga and not really a good adaptation, it is still a great teaser though and I probably will read the manga.
Mar 28, 2014 6:46 AM

Mar 2014
I really loved this anime, the art and the music were excellent. I think Nora saying that she needs to meet her dad is a door for a new season.
I hope that there is a second season and hope again that all this hoping for a second results in one.
I just don't want it to be another Gakuen Alice or Fruits Basket.
Mar 30, 2014 1:59 AM

Sep 2012
xplosive59 said:
TonyTin said:
xplosive59 said:

You could have just left that last part off you know? It is discredits your argument and makes you like a butthurt child. Anyway don't get me wrong this is a good series and the director did do a good job for the most part, but if you have an uncertain future for the show and are limited to one season then introducing all of these side plots that need alot of time to develop that is unavailable is not the way to go about this. Hopefully this show will get a second season but if it doesn't it is just a massive teaser for the manga and not really a good adaptation, it is still a great teaser though and I probably will read the manga.

No, the director certainly made the right decision. If they had left out key details for future arcs and somehow manages to warrant itself another season, it would be a mess with all the shit that is left out and needed to be explained. Them adapting it at full is just reassurance for a potential sequel. Also, anime for the most part is made to promote the original source material anyway.
Mar 30, 2014 4:50 AM

May 2012
I rather see 2nd season for Mahou Sensou which has more interesting plot and action. Not to mention that the last episode left a lot of answered questions, and thats make me want 2nd season even more.
Mar 30, 2014 7:50 AM

Jan 2013
Flume said:
xplosive59 said:
TonyTin said:
xplosive59 said:

No, the director certainly made the right decision. If they had left out key details for future arcs and somehow manages to warrant itself another season, it would be a mess with all the shit that is left out and needed to be explained. Them adapting it at full is just reassurance for a potential sequel. Also, anime for the most part is made to promote the original source material anyway.

But that is exactly what I am saying, this is a show that NEEDS a second season and it would be a huge downer if this doesn't get another season. Everything here apart from the last arc were introductions to a larger and more developed arc from the manga. If it doesn't get a second season which is very possible, all we have are introductions to arcs that are never going to happen in an anime.

Luckily it does look like we will get another season because of the increase in manga sales, however this really did need to be 2 cour and I can't see where the production committee were coming from to only designated 12 episodes to something that very obviously needs 26+

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by nanajp »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.