Forum Settings
Forums

Game 'DRAMAtical Murder' Gets TV Anime Adaptation to Air Summer 2014

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 23, 2014 9:17 AM

Mar 2013
patii-nee-chan said:
I didn't even play the game or anything but will watch it as my tumblr dash is exploding with this

same! it put me into serious trouble after my dad saw all those NSFW posts in Tumblr..

not expecting to get the sex scenes but i hope this wouldn't end like TnC..
Mar 23, 2014 10:10 AM

Dec 2010
Fujoshis and tumblr...
Now if they were to cut the whole BL thing, it might actually be worth a try.
Mar 23, 2014 10:19 AM

Aug 2011
DarkDooM2 said:
Fujoshis and tumblr...

If they cut the whole BL thing, it will serve as a detriment to the anime and a lot of fans will be reasonably upset. Cutting out the BL is one of the worst things to do considering they're adapting it from a BL game itself (they did this in TnC too and it sucked).
Mar 23, 2014 10:28 AM

Apr 2011
No thanks... Can't watch this.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Mar 23, 2014 11:18 AM
Mar 2010
DarkDooM2 said:
Fujoshis and tumblr...

Cutting BL from a BL game?

....NO.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 23, 2014 12:26 PM

Jun 2013
Heard quite a lot about this...... I will indeed be watching this.
Mar 23, 2014 1:46 PM

Feb 2010
i just wanna see rhyme ver of ren asap \o/

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Mar 23, 2014 2:09 PM

Feb 2011
xHoneythief said:
It'll be a TV anime, so obviously the sex scenes will not happen. I can accept that, provided that they keep the general romance in. Trying to adapt a BL game while removing the BL entirely will not work, as shown by a certain other Nitro+CHiRAL adaptation. DMMd does have a plot aside from the romance, but it's not amazing and won't stand on its own very well. The romance is what makes the story, in my opinion.

Don't think there's going to be any real romance, unfortunetly, maaybe some shippy stuff. I just hope it's not like TnC. :/

Also, I would looove to see the backstory of the characters included but I won't hope too much. I really agree that the plot can't hold itself up though.
眠れないのは君のせい
Mar 23, 2014 2:14 PM

Jul 2013
DarkDooM2 said:
Fujoshis and tumblr...

while i've got no problems with cutting out the bl, the fujoshis (and tumblr fangirls) will be really upset if the bl was cut out especially since one of the biggest attractions of the game is bl. that's not exactly good for business since fujoshis are the target audience for this game and the anime too.

the creators will probably really tone down the bl so that the anime doesn't end up being a hentai show. it'll probably most likely be toned down to shounen ai but shounen ai shows tend to not do that well.

nitro+ have had decent anime adaptations of their games recently so hopefully, the anime will end up being all right. no point in getting your hopes up but with how fangirls responded on tumblr, i think lots of them have high hopes for this show
Mar 23, 2014 3:19 PM

Nov 2010
DarkDooM2 said:
Fujoshis and tumblr...

how do you cut out BL from a BL game?????? thats whats wrong with all this. they are trying to capitalize on a general audience to gain a bigger fan base. but that is just wrong. how can you take a game with a rather large fan base that is geared toward that fan base and change it to suit others and not the people who religiously play and or read dmmd.

and might i put out there that i noticed its not labeled either shounen ai or yaoi on its MAL page...... >.>
Mar 23, 2014 3:48 PM
Jan 2013
infactuation21 said:
DarkDooM2 said:
Fujoshis and tumblr...

how do you cut out BL from a BL game?????? thats whats wrong with all this. they are trying to capitalize on a general audience to gain a bigger fan base. but that is religiously play and or read dmmd. just wrong. how can you take a game with a rather large fan base that is geared toward that fan base and change it to suit others and not the people who

and might i put out there that i noticed its not labeled either shounen ai or yaoi on its MAL page...... >.>

Nyu, u're right!
Mar 23, 2014 3:52 PM

Apr 2013
was interesting until
870222 said:
>BL
no thanks.
not even going to bother watching it.
Mar 23, 2014 7:46 PM

Dec 2009
Sourire said:
was interesting until
870222 said:
>BL
no thanks.

^ what I feel when I see shoujo-ai / yuri anime with bouncing boobs

Oh well, to each of his own.

Can't wait for this!
Mar 23, 2014 11:33 PM

Oct 2012
Chipp12 said:
Itermin8rX said:
Why cant they get the original director for it? Whats so wrong about Gen Urobuchi directing his own direction? just dont be tnc pls

He wasn't the one who directed it. In fact he wasn't even involved in it's creation (downloaded the patch for this thing to check the staff roll and he wasn't listed anywhere).

Note that some games do not list things or some people leave uncredited. CHiRAL is part of Nitro+ which most things are directed under Urobuchi (not the actual concept at times). I'm sure it wouldn't be part of Nitro+ if it weren't for him at least approving.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Mar 24, 2014 12:00 AM
Nov 2010
xHoneythief said:
Sourire said:
was interesting until
870222 said:
>BL
no thanks.
This is exactly why cutting the BL to help it appeal to a wider audience would be a dumb move. Most of that potential audience have already overlooked it purely because the source material was BL. It's pointless and will only piss off fans of the VN.

If they announce it'll be 1-cour, I'm going to lose all hope of a faithful adaptation. Trying to cram roughly 10-15 hours of content into just 12 episodes won't go down too well, and that's just one route. If they plan to explore each character's backstory, 12 or 13 episodes just won't cut it.

I think that dramatical murder can survive without the bl,at least on the true route. So just adding a bit of light slash between aoba and -cough- the last person in the true route wouldn't be too hard.

The story is great without the sex.
Mar 24, 2014 12:00 AM
Nov 2010
Itermin8rX said:
Chipp12 said:
Itermin8rX said:
Why cant they get the original director for it? Whats so wrong about Gen Urobuchi directing his own direction? just dont be tnc pls

He wasn't the one who directed it. In fact he wasn't even involved in it's creation (downloaded the patch for this thing to check the staff roll and he wasn't listed anywhere).

Note that some games do not list things or some people leave uncredited. CHiRAL is part of Nitro+ which most things are directed under Urobuchi (not the actual concept at times). I'm sure it wouldn't be part of Nitro+ if it weren't for him at least approving.

Actually the only game that gets credited to him is sweet pool
Mar 24, 2014 2:59 AM

Apr 2013
Murder mysteries? Alright. Will check this.

Don't care about the BL stuff...

Actually that might be a nice ice breaker if the show will become so serious...

Mar 24, 2014 3:53 AM

Nov 2010
supervamp78 said:
xHoneythief said:
Sourire said:
was interesting until
870222 said:
>BL
no thanks.
This is exactly why cutting the BL to help it appeal to a wider audience would be a dumb move. Most of that potential audience have already overlooked it purely because the source material was BL. It's pointless and will only piss off fans of the VN.

If they announce it'll be 1-cour, I'm going to lose all hope of a faithful adaptation. Trying to cram roughly 10-15 hours of content into just 12 episodes won't go down too well, and that's just one route. If they plan to explore each character's backstory, 12 or 13 episodes just won't cut it.

I think that dramatical murder can survive without the bl,at least on the true route. So just adding a bit of light slash between aoba and -cough- the last person in the true route wouldn't be too hard.

@ honey agreed. exactly my point in a previous comment i made. dont see how taking BL out of an adaption of a BL game is a good idea. if they wanted a wider audience then they shouldnt have me the game and vn bl to begin with.

@ super i can see it being fine with out the sex yes. that is ok. but i think there needs to be clear point of view that is bl not some slash or fan service other animes have. given the fact that it is bl. its would be pointless to even adapt it in my opinion if they are only going to tease their main audience when you know they would want more.
Mar 24, 2014 4:27 AM
Nov 2010
infactuation21 said:
supervamp78 said:
xHoneythief said:
Sourire said:
was interesting until
870222 said:
>BL
no thanks.

@ honey agreed. exactly my point in a previous comment i made. dont see how taking BL out of an adaption of a BL game is a good idea. if they wanted a wider audience then they shouldnt have me the game and vn bl to begin with.

@ super i can see it being fine with out the sex yes. that is ok. but i think there needs to be clear point of view that is bl not some slash or fan service other animes have. given the fact that it is bl. its would be pointless to even adapt it in my opinion if they are only going to tease their main audience when you know they would want more.

I don't agree,If they hopefully go for the true route the only lovey dovey situations that are going to happen are with that -cough- one person.
And they can still keep aoba and his allmate interactions the same.
Minus the attempted gang rape there's no other relationships situations that need focus, if they are going to go a serious attempt at this anyways.

Unless they want to do something original then it's could turn out like tnc.
Mar 24, 2014 5:11 AM

Jun 2013
They're going to turn this into a shounen-ai or worse, into a simple action anime.
The plot isn't that good by itself and there are a lot of boring uninspired dialogs... it will suck without the yaoi part imo. :>
Mar 24, 2014 5:32 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Ugh this better not turn out like TNC

Mar 24, 2014 5:59 AM

Jul 2011
I'm feeling excited and scared in the same time...
I really want to see some scenes animated ( like Clear falling from the sky) but... will the animation look good? I can't if it'll be 1-cour anime. I really really hope they don't fuck this up. Also, might be just me but i don't think the true route would be a preferable choice to be animated.. It has too much in it imo, but that's just me
Mar 24, 2014 6:17 AM

Oct 2012
I'M SO EXCITED TO THIS BUT I DON'T WANT THIS ANIME TO BE SIMILAR TO Togainu no Chi " T______T HELL NOOO
Mar 24, 2014 8:38 AM

Dec 2012
Looks really interesting and the art looks great. There is no Shounen Ai tag on MAL, so hopefully that will mean it's not a BL anime. But then again, MAL is not the most reliable source for anything.

Will probably give it a try, even if it's Shounen ai, I just hope it's not.
Mar 24, 2014 9:19 AM

Aug 2011
supervamp78 said:
infactuation21 said:
supervamp78 said:
xHoneythief said:
Sourire said:
was interesting until
870222 said:
>BL
no thanks.

I don't agree,If they hopefully go for the true route the only lovey dovey situations that are going to happen are with that -cough- one person.
And they can still keep aoba and his allmate interactions the same.
Minus the attempted gang rape there's no other relationships situations that need focus, if they are going to go a serious attempt at this anyways.

Unless they want to do something original then it's could turn out like tnc.

Alright, but here's the problem. They're not going to gain anything from completely changing the main genre of the game. They're going to make the fanbase angry for sure and honestly cutting out the BL out of a BL game is just so pointless (and I am not referring to the sex). You might as well adapt another game that's not BL if you're going to do that. Maybe you're trying to appeal to another fanbase but that's really dumb in this case as you already have a large, established fanbase that will get upset if this is taken away from a game.

Mar 24, 2014 10:11 AM

Nov 2008
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Not expecting anything from it, but will watch.

was thinking the same thing along the line
Mar 24, 2014 10:38 AM
Sep 2011
Itermin8rX said:
Chipp12 said:
Itermin8rX said:

Urobuchi is the chief director of the ENTIRE Nitro+chiral games division, as you can see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/​wiki/​Nitro+​chiral

He personally supervising and monitoring all of their games.
Mar 24, 2014 10:39 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
Looks really interesting and the art looks great. There is no Shounen Ai tag on MAL, so hopefully that will mean it's not a BL anime. But then again, MAL is not the most reliable source for anything.

If the story's good, why should it matter?
Mar 24, 2014 11:09 AM

May 2013
Probably will watch this, but there's better stuff coming in summer that and it will more than likely end up a train wreck.

Red_Keys said:
tsudecimo said:

You know by now, no matter how good the plot is nothing can redeem a show with homosexual men.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Mar 24, 2014 11:29 AM

Sep 2012
Kawos said:
Red_Keys said:
tsudecimo said:

You know by now, no matter how good the plot is nothing can redeem a show with homosexual men.
Ah how could I forget.

Shinsekai Yori = disgusting yaoi shit.
Mar 24, 2014 11:36 AM

Dec 2012
Red_Keys said:
tsudecimo said:

The quality of the story is kinda irrelevant here. I'm not interested in BL and I don't want to see it. And since the main genre of the game is BL, that means a lot of focus will be given to the relationships and stuff like that. So that means, a good portion of the show would be spend, on something that I don't want to see.

It's the same as some people wanting SAO to not have romance, for example.

Red_Keys said:

That was relevant to the plot, and not a main genre in the show. Yeah, I know you are being sarcastic.
Mar 24, 2014 11:40 AM

Nov 2011
I'll probably watch it, but since its BL, its probably the kind of romance that is aimed at women/girls, which kinda puts me off. But the plot might be interesting.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Mar 24, 2014 11:46 AM

Jun 2012
No idea how to feel about this. I really liked the game I'm trash, but I'm confused as to how they'd adapt it.
Not that I'm complaining. Just glad to see Noiz and Clear animated. Plot's pretty good, too.
Mar 24, 2014 12:49 PM
Aug 2011
Urobuchi should start his own let's play on youtube.

They'll probably tone down the homo as much as possible.
You don't exactly have the fluffiest, safest for TV relationships going on here.
Mar 24, 2014 1:07 PM
Jul 2013
I hoped they'd make an anime of this, but I was doubtful. This makes me happy :3
Mar 24, 2014 2:48 PM
Sep 2008
Please don't....
After Togainu no Chi... i don't want to see another Nitro+Chiral work being screwed up...
Mar 24, 2014 11:39 PM
Nov 2010
tsudecimo said:
Red_Keys said:
tsudecimo said:

The quality of the story is kinda irrelevant here. I'm not interested in BL and I don't want to see it. And since the main genre of the game is BL, that means a lot of focus will be given to the relationships and stuff like that. So that means, a good portion of the show would be spend, on something that I don't want to see.

It's the same as some people wanting SAO to not have romance, for example.

Red_Keys said:

That was relevant to the plot, and not a main genre in the show. Yeah, I know you are being sarcastic.

But unlike most bl games the bl doesn't happen until your on someones route so you won't see them getting frisky or anything like that beyond the attempted gang rape but that's something different all together.
If they are going for the true ending then it won't happen until the very end.

It's got more plot then has bl honestly.
Mar 25, 2014 12:23 AM

Mar 2008
Well, Dramatic Murder... I actually tried out the game and played for a few hours. Then I got really bored of it and decided to stop. None of the characters were particularly interesting.. so I just ended up not giving a crap, lol.
Also, the BL in the game .. it takes a long time till you actually get to that point so it's not really the main focus in my opinion. It's more like the icing of the cake (for some people).. I'm curious what they will do to that though in the anime..
Mar 25, 2014 10:44 AM
Master

Sep 2012
I hope they will put some Yaoi Parts inside the Anime *w* <3
I really really wish to see XDD this Scenes Animated *q*!!!
CLEAR IS MY FAVOURIT CHARAKTER <3 XD MASUTAAA~
Mar 25, 2014 11:24 AM

Jan 2014
I am guessing heavily that this will not have any of the H-parts in, but I really think it will have slight bl scenes 'cause of the game it came from after all. Even tnc had a little bit action goin' in there, I think, not entirely sure anymore.

Praying that it won't turn out like tnc, really. I got really disappointed with that one, so I hope this better turn out amazeballs or fujoshi shit storm coming through.

But yes, I am hyped. tbh, I almost cried watching the trailer. I'm weak.
Mar 25, 2014 12:00 PM
Nov 2010
zematerid said:
I am guessing heavily that this will not have any of the H-parts in, but I really think it will have slight bl scenes 'cause of the game it came from after all. Even tnc had a little bit action goin' in there, I think, not entirely sure anymore.

Praying that it won't turn out like tnc, really. I got really disappointed with that one, so I hope this better turn out amazeballs or fujoshi shit storm coming through.

But yes, I am hyped. tbh, I almost cried watching the trailer. I'm weak.

Tv animes can't have h parts in them.
I never knew people actually cared for the sex scenes like that. No wonder why reconnnect has so many
Mar 25, 2014 10:56 PM

Mar 2010
I NEED THIS NOOWWW!!!*A*

Mar 26, 2014 12:16 AM

Jan 2014
Because Urobutcher is involved.. Anyone betting that one of the major characters will die or have fate worse than death?
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Mar 26, 2014 12:22 AM

Mar 2008
peeyaj said:
Because Urobutcher is involved.. Anyone betting that one of the major characters will die or have fate worse than death?

wait what
I don't think he is in charge for this anime.... or is he?
Mar 26, 2014 4:34 AM

Oct 2012
peeyaj said:

Unfortunately little to no Nitro+ staff are actually getting into the anime project it seems (aside from seiyuu). The bad ends are quite fucked up though, if you're interested.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Mar 26, 2014 10:10 PM

Nov 2012
Not really into BL, but I'll probably check this out when it happens.
No time like the present to finally start on the VN.
Mar 27, 2014 5:49 AM

Jun 2013
Not a fan of yaoi or shounen ai but the synopsis looks interesting and the game is pretty popular too.

I'll watch it then ^u^
Mar 27, 2014 6:25 AM

Aug 2013
I just thought that it will be a psychological anime from the title

maybe I'll just pass this one :v
*insert philosophical quote here*
Mar 27, 2014 12:22 PM
Nov 2010
hublaa said:

Bl can have psychological themes
Mar 28, 2014 7:20 AM

Aug 2013
supervamp78 said:
hublaa said:

Bl can have psychological themes

But not in a sexy style
*insert philosophical quote here*
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
13 seconds ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
11 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
3 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.