Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2014 1:22 PM

Nov 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was fairly interesting for a compilation movie, I kinda liked the interview angle they went with. Ending song was wonderful.

Shame Miller herself wasn't explored more, she's far too interesting to be confined to a compilation movie.

One particular thing that annoyed me, was that they still didn't explain anything about the Ez-8!
Apr 19, 2014 6:44 PM

Nov 2011
If anyone's wondering, this is effectively episode 8.5 with recaps. It doesn't add much to the show, but I suggest at least skipping through the recaps and watching the extra bits if you liked The 08th MS Team; it makes the transition between 8 and 9 a bit less jarring. Though I suppose anyone reading the discussion had already watched this movie and finished the main show.
Dec 21, 2014 7:40 PM

Jun 2012
That was really good. Hopefully the main series is more conclusive.
Mar 26, 2016 10:28 AM

Dec 2015
Only good as a smoother transition between OAVs 8 and 9. Some of the very tiny bits of original footage help to figure more the new determination of Shiro. Apart that, nothing interesting.

Note: strange, but I found the recycled parts in rare occasions slightly prettier than in the OAVs.
Jul 25, 2016 3:14 PM

May 2012
Not too shabby for a recap episode/movie. It was actually quite a nice compilation of the general story and would fit pretty well in the main series!
Sep 28, 2016 3:13 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
A remix with news animated scenes, complete a episode of double duration, interesting, but with nothing more to apport to the original story....6/10.
Jun 14, 2017 5:45 AM

Jul 2008
Wasn't a bad recap by any means but it was still a recap.
Nov 19, 2019 6:25 PM

Jun 2015
Half of it was recap, but the original footage is really worth to watch; it gives us more insight on their modus operandi and make them more human. 7/10
Apr 12, 2020 2:48 PM

Aug 2017
New footage was noticeably worse than the original, I wonder why. I would've of course preferred these 51 minutes to be used differently, but whatever. At least there was some new footage, although I wonder why did they cut scenes the way they did, like, there was no reason at all to cut Shiro's confession to Aina while they were falling, it was literally 2-3 seconds. Even recaps need to be done properly, you know.
Aug 18, 2021 10:01 PM
Feb 2019
Anyone know where I can watch online?
Oct 29, 2021 4:17 AM

Aug 2017
It isn't strictly a recap, some scenes are new and the transition is much better.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

» o8th MS team question(s)

Masamasa - Oct 1, 2007

2 by removed-user »»
Oct 19, 2015 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.