Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 19, 2014 12:14 PM

Apr 2011
Andan210 said:
Valaskjalf said:
Andan210 said:
Valaskjalf said:
Andan210 said:
GuusWayne said:
I don't know about Netero being the strongest human, maybe back in the day I'm sure Chrollo could defeat him with high difficulty.

Ehh, no. Netero is still stronger than Chrollo. He's stronger than any member of the Phantom Troupe (including Hisoka) or the Zoldyck Family. He's stronger than the Royal Guards. He's stronger than 99,99% of the Hunters Asociation. The only human characters i can think of that may be stronnger than Netero now are
And that's only because he said he wasn't in his prime and there was SOME Hunters that were stronger than him now. But that group doesn't include Chrollo.

What?

I thought he said Pitou was stronger than him.

Pitou? The one that he send flying miles away without even touching him? That Pitou?

No seriously, the reason why he didn't want the Royal Guards with the King was because if the 4 of them were together and combining their powers, he was not going to be able to win the fight. But in a 1vs1, Netero is absolutely stronger than any of the Royal Guards.

Hell, even if the three Royal Guards would attack him at the same, he will probably crush them all in like 10 minutes. The problem is when they have the King's help.

So why did Netero lie when he he said "That thing is stronger than me" if he is truly stronger than all the Royal Guards ?

Are you really sure he was talking about Pitou? I really don't remenber him saying something like that about Pitou, but rather about the King. And just wait, the upcoming episodes are the prove to Netero being stronger than the Royal Guards.

He was definitely talking about Pitou
Mar 19, 2014 12:19 PM

May 2013
Andan210 said:

Again, i said he couldn't kill Pitou in one blow. He is not the King. But definetly if he wanted to kill him, it wouldn't take that much effort for him. But the fact is that it would take too many time for him to kill Pitou personally. The other two Royal Guards will join to the King, and the whole plan would have failed.

Andan210 said:
People, i think we're forgeting something really important here: The King, Meruem, is the absolute most powerful being ever created in the world of HxH. Nobody, not Netero, not the Royal Guards, not Ging, comes even close to his power. Even in a 1vs1 fight, Netero only has a slight chance of winning. He can kill 1 or 2 Royal Guards right away yes, but that would let at least one Royal Guard to go help the King, and his already small chance of winning will disappear.

First your contradicting yourself, see the bold text.

This whole notion of he was just trying to push her away is based on air. Nothing even implied such thing. I'm not saying that he can't kill her, but it will not be a walk in the park for Netero and he would lose to 2 royal guards in my opinion.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Mar 19, 2014 12:22 PM

Jun 2012
Valaskjalf said:
Andan210 said:
Valaskjalf said:
Andan210 said:
Valaskjalf said:
Andan210 said:
GuusWayne said:
I don't know about Netero being the strongest human, maybe back in the day I'm sure Chrollo could defeat him with high difficulty.

Ehh, no. Netero is still stronger than Chrollo. He's stronger than any member of the Phantom Troupe (including Hisoka) or the Zoldyck Family. He's stronger than the Royal Guards. He's stronger than 99,99% of the Hunters Asociation. The only human characters i can think of that may be stronnger than Netero now are
And that's only because he said he wasn't in his prime and there was SOME Hunters that were stronger than him now. But that group doesn't include Chrollo.

What?

I thought he said Pitou was stronger than him.

Pitou? The one that he send flying miles away without even touching him? That Pitou?

No seriously, the reason why he didn't want the Royal Guards with the King was because if the 4 of them were together and combining their powers, he was not going to be able to win the fight. But in a 1vs1, Netero is absolutely stronger than any of the Royal Guards.

Hell, even if the three Royal Guards would attack him at the same, he will probably crush them all in like 10 minutes. The problem is when they have the King's help.

So why did Netero lie when he he said "That thing is stronger than me" if he is truly stronger than all the Royal Guards ?

Are you really sure he was talking about Pitou? I really don't remenber him saying something like that about Pitou, but rather about the King. And just wait, the upcoming episodes are the prove to Netero being stronger than the Royal Guards.

He was definitely talking about Pitou

Well, remenber that before facing the King, Netero spend the majority of this arc trainning and getting back his strenght. So maybe when he said that at the beggining of the arc he was indeed weaker than Pitou because of his age (he's 110 years old, after all). But when the invasion to palace began? No, he was definitely stronger than any Royal Guard and could crush them like the bugs they are.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Mar 19, 2014 12:27 PM

Jun 2012
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Andan210 said:

Again, i said he couldn't kill Pitou in one blow. He is not the King. But definetly if he wanted to kill him, it wouldn't take that much effort for him. But the fact is that it would take too many time for him to kill Pitou personally. The other two Royal Guards will join to the King, and the whole plan would have failed.

Andan210 said:
People, i think we're forgeting something really important here: The King, Meruem, is the absolute most powerful being ever created in the world of HxH. Nobody, not Netero, not the Royal Guards, not Ging, comes even close to his power. Even in a 1vs1 fight, Netero only has a slight chance of winning. He can kill 1 or 2 Royal Guards right away yes, but that would let at least one Royal Guard to go help the King, and his already small chance of winning will disappear.

First your contradicting yourself, see the bold text.

This whole notion of he was just trying to push her away is based on air. Nothing even implied such thing. I'm not saying that he can't kill her, but it will not be a walk in the park for Netero and he would lose to 2 royal guards in my opinion.

When i say that "it wouldn't take that much effort for him" i mean that it wouldn't be as hard as fighting with the King for example. Of course it's not going to be over in 15 seconds, that's precisely the reason why he doesn't kill the Royal Guards, because it will take time and the King will take advantage of that. But there is no way he will lose against 1 or 2 Royal Guards. It will take time to kill them, but Netero will never be in real danger during that time.

The second example is an exaggeration i make to illustrate my point. Even 1 Royal Guard with the King means too many troubles. Not because of the Royal Guard itself, but because he will have to fight another oponent while the King is able to attack him.
Andan210Mar 19, 2014 12:41 PM
Mar 19, 2014 12:46 PM

Jul 2012
gon said stfu
Cty Best mid
Mar 19, 2014 1:05 PM
Mar 2012
They are overreacting over gon, way too much just for the sake of getting the viewers excited, think straight a bit and you'd know he wouldn't hurt that chick. I like how badass youpi got, it definitely is better than more kagebunshin/invisibility bs.
Those yaoi bitches should also stop voicing the preview. They can make out irl for all I care.
Mar 19, 2014 1:15 PM

Dec 2007
I know it didn't SEEM like it, but the thing about that Netero/Pitou confrontation? Is that it lasted roughly 10 seconds. (Maybe less, I'm just guessing lol) The whole castle assault thing is akin to the Goku vs. Freeza "5 minutes left" fight. Netero didn't kill Pitou because it would have taken him longer than the few seconds it took to bitchsmack him.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Mar 19, 2014 1:18 PM

Jun 2012
SageShinigami said:
I know it didn't SEEM like it, but the thing about that Netero/Pitou confrontation? Is that it lasted roughly 10 seconds. (Maybe less, I'm just guessing lol) The whole castle assault thing is akin to the Goku vs. Freeza "5 minutes left" fight. Netero didn't kill Pitou because it would have taken him longer than the few seconds it took to bitchsmack him.

It was less. According to the narrator, it was merely a fraction of second.
Andan210Mar 19, 2014 1:24 PM
Mar 19, 2014 1:43 PM

May 2011
poor Knov ..

ohh, the next episode will be EPIC!!
Mar 19, 2014 1:55 PM

Jan 2014
Shaduge said:
They are overreacting over gon, way too much just for the sake of getting the viewers excited, think straight a bit and you'd know he wouldn't hurt that chick. I like how badass youpi got, it definitely is better than more kagebunshin/invisibility bs.
Those yaoi bitches should also stop voicing the preview. They can make out irl for all I care.

Shaduge said:

Episode 116 made a good enough case in execution to suggest he would actually kill her, backed up by previous episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2014 2:06 PM

Jun 2011
Andan210 said:
SageShinigami said:

It takes a fraction of a second for Netero to attack with his punches, which didn't happen till near the end of the episode so it was shorter than 10 seconds (if you factor in Zeno's Dragon Dive at the beginning, the flashback, etc.).

Mar 19, 2014 2:09 PM

Jun 2012
SolBlade said:
Andan210 said:
SageShinigami said:

It takes a fraction of a second for Netero to attack with his punches, which didn't happen till near the end of the episode so it was shorter than 10 seconds (if you factor in Zeno's Dragon Dive at the beginning, the flashback, etc.).

Yeah, the fraction of second part was for the movements of Netero. All what he and Zeno did took more time obviously.
Mar 19, 2014 4:12 PM

Feb 2014
Regarding Gon...You must be bland if you said he will not kill Komugi as he already attempted to do it and threatened Pitou about it...It is not equal situation...Pitou absolutely lose the "fight" if Komugi die..and following chain reaction...it will also be Pouf lose...Imagine what King reaction knowing the RG can't be trusted and vice versa. Komugi can't use nen...Problably, Komugi will die the moment Pitou stop the Doctor Blythe, Gon in most maximum battle condition, while Pouf ignorant about situation and Pitou guarding Komugi. If Pouf acting reckless, the chance Komugi die will be really high.

As for Netero, he himself stated something like "i hope you will not return" after slapped Pitou, means he intended to send Pitou away rather than kill her.
At first when he compared himself with Pitou, he admitted it that Pitou stronger than him, but it is because Netero was rusty at that time, considering the movie, it already 50 years since the last time he fight seriously. But after warmed up and meditated, he start to regain his prime. He can kill Pitou, but of course it will not in one hit, so rather than wasting time with her it is better to send her away and find The King.

Back to Gon, he certainly childish and inhuman right now. BUT, he not do something wrong...Whether he choose to attack Pitou with the risk Komugi die or let Pitou heal Komugi, both is the right choice. There is situation where you given options that both are wrong, like save your mom or your girlfriend. But Gon situation is reverse of that, both are right...
If he attack Pitou and killed her and Komugi die and Kite "die"(Kite already died to begin with, or not), he still can't be blamed, rather he will be praised because he killed one RG.
There is no guarantee Pitou will keep her promise to "heal" Kite...
Pitou use words and emotions to Gon while Gon not allowed to use his emotions and forced to play with logic. not a fair trade.
You will see how despicable Pitou is on next episodes...Made you regretted it allowed her to heal Komugi.

Knuckle is idiot, that one is everyone agreed with. All efforts they did was became pointless, no...rather, worst than that, all the fight they did just made Youpi matured and gain his Hatsu...Not that i hate him for chose Morau than kill Youpi though. it just feel funny i lol'ed so hard XD. They censored Morau "fvck you" finger...it was unfortunate, the one epic moment got censored XD.

Don't insult Knov anymore...He still have the guts for came to the palace and help his friends even when he mentally out of fight. i am proud of him.
Mar 19, 2014 4:31 PM

Aug 2013
dafuq!? Youpi's becoming a good guy!?
Mar 19, 2014 4:53 PM

Jan 2014
Not a 'good'... guy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2014 5:20 PM

Jan 2014
This episode was so amazing. Youpi's Development, Gon as a badass/killer, Knuckle and his decide.

So amazing....

HxH is great anime for people which want show really deep characters and also action, but action in this series is redundant.

This show is only for smart watchers.

Youpi > All characters in Naruto and Fairy tail

Sorry for my bad english
Mar 19, 2014 5:25 PM

Feb 2014
Taito10 said:

lol.
Mar 19, 2014 5:47 PM

Apr 2012
JamalKing said:
Taito10 said:

lol.

It's kind of true actually. At least, only they can fully appreciate it. Although, it's a decent action show in its own right, I suppose.
Mar 19, 2014 7:20 PM

Apr 2011
Solipsistic said:
JamalKing said:
Taito10 said:

lol.

It's kind of true actually. At least, only they can fully appreciate it. Although, it's a decent action show in its own right, I suppose.

There's nothing smart about HxH, in fact the only difference is that there are more narration than other shows. It gives you the illusion it's "smart"
Mar 19, 2014 8:08 PM
Sep 2013
JamalKing said:
Taito10 said:

lol.

Not to be a prick but in order to appreciate the invasion fully you need to go beyond casual viewing. I've read several articles and posts analyzing the arc and the amount of thought and effort Togashi put into it is jaw dropping. The thematic depth and brilliance, psychology, character growth of the CA arc and unique storytelling of the palace invasion can't be appreciated by everyone. Personally, I missed a lot of things during my first run through of the arc and I still continue to learn more each time I reread the manga or come across a CA related post on the internet. That's how rich it is.

Look, I understand why there are a lot of people who don't like this arc and it's definitely not because they're stupid. There are a lot of valid criticisms out there that I can understand and even agree with. I can also see why a comment like that can tick you off but you need to understand that what you just wrote can also come across as obnoxious to people who enjoy the arc.

Valaskjalf said:

There's nothing smart about HxH, in fact the only difference is that there are more narration than other shows. It gives you the illusion it's "smart"

I emphatically disagree.
CresherhsmMar 19, 2014 8:35 PM
Mar 19, 2014 8:13 PM

Jan 2011
Valaskjalf said:
Solipsistic said:
JamalKing said:
Taito10 said:

lol.

Illusion is your Naruto score
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Mar 19, 2014 8:16 PM
Sep 2013
cronosteso23 said:
Valaskjalf said:
Solipsistic said:
JamalKing said:
Taito10 said:

lol.

Illusion is your Naruto score

What does Naruto have to do with HxH? It is posts like these that make the HxH fandom so hated around here. -_-
Mar 19, 2014 8:38 PM

Dec 2012
Cresherhsm said:

Not to be a prick but in order to appreciate the invasion fully you need to go beyond casual viewing. I've read several articles and posts analyzing the arc and the amount of thought and effort Togashi put into it is jaw dropping. The thematic depth and brilliance, psychology, character growth of the CA arc and unique storytelling of the palace invasion can't be appreciated by everyone. Personally, I missed a lot of things during my first run through of the arc and I still continue to learn more each time I reread the manga or come across a CA related post on the internet. That's how rich it is.

Can I have link to those stuff or can you write them?

I found nothing 'deep', brilliant, psychological or unique in the arc. Well there is Meruem and Komugi but that's about it. I don't acknowledge something like the narration as unique, or a stupid irrelevant wolf paranoia as psychological. In my opinion, Togashi, didn't put much thought into this arc, he didn't make an effort to make it coherent enough with the HxH plot and world, he wrapped it up in a rushed and terrible way and created a lot of inconsistencies, asspulls and DEM to be done with it. Which resulted in plot armor for both of the main characters, in the next arc.

Yeah CA sucks imo.
Mar 19, 2014 8:40 PM

Dec 2013
Jesus Christ,i got tears in my eyes, HxH never ceases to amuze me. Youpi's new form and analysis of the situation,Pouf and that Death Note look and Gon telling a Royal Guard to STFU made my day. Next Week, what we all have been waiting for.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Mar 19, 2014 9:10 PM
Sep 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Netero's move against Pitou was really a push. He could have used an attack geared towards dealing damage but at that time he needed to send Pitou flying as far away as possible, hence the line "I hope that you will not return".

@tsudecimo I'll get back to you tonight.
Mar 19, 2014 9:17 PM

Jun 2012
Cresherhsm said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Netero's move against Pitou was really a push. He could have used an attack geared towards dealing damage but at that time he needed to send Pitou flying as far away as possible, hence the line "I hope that you will not return".

I approve every single word here.

No wait, there's a little thing...
Andan210Mar 19, 2014 9:27 PM
Mar 19, 2014 11:13 PM

May 2013
Cresherhsm said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

He said that after the attack, he have seen that his blow did little harm to her and said that he hoped he would never see her again. Can you give me a reason as to why Netero didn't use him full power. I mean if he could have injured her and sent her flying in just one blow why didn't he? Not only would it have made it easier to fight her, she would even be pushed further away.

Does his buddha have attacks that push people with such a force but not harm? From what I got out of it was that he striked her with a legit attack from an angle that would sent her flying even if she wasn't killed. I believe that Pitou even said something like, that attack shouldn't have come from that angle.

About that aura, that was never mine argument but I do think that having a strong/alot of aura helps in these situations. Remember how Kurapika's boss couldn't cut Uvogin, his aura was made his skin as strong as iron.
Again I'm not saying that Netero can't kill her he can but I don't believe that it will be as easy as some of the people here think.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Mar 20, 2014 1:37 AM
Sep 2012
OMG Knoveeeeeeeeeeeeee o.O
Mar 20, 2014 3:17 AM

Oct 2013
Cresherhsm said:
JamalKing said:
Taito10 said:

lol.

Look, I understand why there are a lot of people who don't like this arc and it's definitely not because they're stupid. There are a lot of valid criticisms out there that I can understand and even agree with. I can also see why a comment like that can tick you off but you need to understand that what you just wrote can also come across as obnoxious to people who enjoy the arc.

Valaskjalf said:

I emphatically disagree.
Cresherhsm said:
JamalKing said:
Taito10 said:

lol.

Valaskjalf said:

I emphatically disagree.

Oh man you have no idea how much I agree with you... If you only take this episode and actually think about how Togashi linked Yupi's psychological,ethical and social evolution with his Nen ability is just brilliant. And the narrator stating that when he isolated his rage he could think clearly now and much more.... Also I think Togfashi as a whole for this arc asked himself a question...."What would happen to a new species in terms of psychological,ethical and social growth that are superior to humans and evolve in a spectacular rate if we put them to face humans...???" something like that. Hell there are so many things to discuss about the whole premise and individual episodes that I simply don't have the time to do :P
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Mar 20, 2014 3:25 AM

Feb 2013
another solid episode... love this episode so much... Youpi learned about respect here that make knukle saw him as human
Mar 20, 2014 3:57 AM

Aug 2012
Valaskjalf said:
Solipsistic said:
JamalKing said:
Taito10 said:

lol.

lmao it's staggering how much of togashi's main themes, motifs, and social commentary goes over the heads of his shounen demographic. there's so many things beneath the surface going on in this arc like the parallels between knuckle and youpi which are absolutely fascinating because if you look at knuckle he's always been a tough guy fueled by rage with a knack for sympathy and a guy who is willing to completely disregard self preservation simply because of his strong morals. youpi was the same in the fact that he was fueled by rage but he had absolutely no sympathy for his opposition but then we get this episode where youpi evolves to the point where just like knuckle he abandons his version of self preservation which in his case is preservation of the kings life at all costs by killing all opposition and instead values his newly found morals over the absolute safety of the king. this to me transcends this one fight and touches on one of the main themes and motifs of this arc and that is how much worse are the ants then us? is meruem really any worse than the psuedo kim jong il that was in charge before him? the hunters never went in to try to save the inhabitants of that country before it became a conflict of interest and that relates to gon's quest for vengeance because the question is raised are they really there to help these people or are they there to help themselves before the ants become a global threat? togashi is using the rapid evolutionary abilities of the chimera ants as a vehicle of showcasing the moral, sympathetic, and sociopolitical evolution of sentient creatures and we are seeing that unfold in all of the chimera ants that are still alive before our eyes.

basically you can't blame togashi or hxh for your ignorance and unwillingness to see the greater picture behind the conflict going on. i feel like a lot of people here claiming that there's no complexity in hxh want it to be carefully explained and served neatly on a dinner plate for you to understand or else you'll claim it flat out doesn't exist.
CripborneMar 20, 2014 4:09 AM
Mar 20, 2014 4:11 AM

Feb 2014
tankoubon-feind said:

basically you can't blame togashi or hxh for your ignorance and unwillingness to see the greater picture behind the conflict going on. i feel like a lot of people here claiming that there's no complexity in hxh want it to be carefully explained and served neatly on a dinner plate for you to understand or else you'll claim it flat out doesn't exist.

Read a proper Sherlock Holmes novel then talk to me about my "ignorance and unwillingness to see the greater picture".
Mar 20, 2014 4:32 AM

Dec 2012
Cresherhsm said:

Actually never mind. Posting in HxH threads became such a weird habit of mine. I never wanted to post on this thread, but somehow I did. And despite my long winded and constant criticism towards the Chimera arc, I still consider HxH my second favorite battle anime, and only realized how much I liked it after I started re-watching it. I just don't feel like I want to have an argument about the series, unless I'm in the defending side. I don't enjoy actively seeking 'flaws' in my favorite series. I blame this new fanbase :P

You could still share those links or your own interpretations, of course. I'm sure others will appreciate them.
Mar 20, 2014 4:36 AM

Feb 2014
^ What he said, I love the series and I don't like finding flaws or things that could have been done better but it's hard not to when people put it on a pedestal above all pedestals and decry anybody that disagrees with them as an ignorant simple minded person who can't appreciate it.
Mar 20, 2014 4:59 AM
Sep 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

He said that after the attack, he have seen that his blow did little harm to her and said that he hoped he would never see her again.

Well it wouldn't make sense if he said it beforehand. In my opinion, Netero saying "I hope I never see you again" is clear evidence of his intention to push Pitou as far away as possible, as opposed to intending to land a solid hit and then backtracking into a silver lining of Pitou being pushed away because his attack ended up accomplishing nothing in terms of damage. If Netero truly meant to deal damage, he should have been shocked at the fact that his attack didn't do any damage at all.

Can you give me a reason as to why Netero didn't use him full power. I mean if he could have injured her and sent her flying in just one blow why didn't he? Not only would it have made it easier to fight her, she would even be pushed further away.

He did use a full powered attack, except it was geared towards pushing Pitou further away rather than harming her. There are a lot of cases where a "flick" can send an object flying further than a "punch" (even if a punch is stronger). Two things shared by the objects in these cases is that they are very small and light. Now when you look at Netero's attack and the amount of aura he produced in order to push Pitou away, it was extremely big relative to Pitou's weight and size, and for a good reason. Netero knows his arsenal. He chose to use an attack that would send Pitou flying away the farthest even if it wound up dealing no damage at all.

Does his buddha have attacks that push people with such a force but not harm? From what I got out of it was that he striked her with a legit attack from an angle that would sent her flying even if she wasn't killed. I believe that Pitou even said something like, that attack shouldn't have come from that angle.

Since it was nen of course it would but since Netero focused on maximizing the attack's pushing ability, the damage it could deal was probably so minute that it amounted to nothing to a strong creature like Pitou.

Again I'm not saying that Netero can't kill her he can but I don't believe that it will be as easy as some of the people here think.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that Netero could have killed Pitou there (had he decided to use an attack to deal damage). It was just a single attack after all and it's nothing in comparison to a full powered 1000 type Guanyin Bodhisattva which I'm sure Pitou could take for quite some time. xD

tsudecimo said:
I just don't feel like I want to have an argument about the series, unless I'm in the defending side. I don't enjoy actively seeking 'flaws' in my favorite series.

Agreed, not to mention that arguments are really time consuming. e.e
JamalKing said:
^ What he said, I love the series and I don't like finding flaws or things that could have been done better but it's hard not to when people put it on a pedestal above all pedestals and decry anybody that disagrees with them as an ignorant simple minded person who can't appreciate it.

Yep.
CresherhsmMar 20, 2014 5:57 AM
Mar 20, 2014 5:09 AM

Aug 2012
JamalKing said:
tankoubon-feind said:

Read a proper Sherlock Holmes novel then talk to me about my "ignorance and unwillingness to see the greater picture".

lmao what does sherlock holmes have to do with this at all? also why are you assuming that i haven't any books in one of the most famous and popular book series of all time? im sure a lot of ignorant people have read a sherlock book over the years you're just another one...

JamalKing said:

here you're saying that you don't want to be made aware of flaws in a show which means you're not even willing to pay enough attention to even see any flaws. you can't that say you're not ignorant and then basically state that you willingly embrace ignorance to preserve your perception of quality. ironic the same people claiming that hxh isn't "smart" don't seem to enjoy smart things at all. even the first guy who said "there's nothing smart about hxh" is the same guy who gave naruto and the pokemon movie a 10/10 but gave NGE and EOE a 2/10 haha
CripborneMar 20, 2014 5:16 AM
Mar 20, 2014 5:11 AM

Sep 2012
tankoubon-feind said:
this to me transcends this one fight and touches on one of the main themes and motifs of this arc and that is how much worse are the ants then us? is meruem really any worse than the psuedo kim jong il that was in charge before him?

From what we've seen, Meruem is actually way worse than that kim jong il guy. And ants in general are worse than human too.
Mar 20, 2014 5:27 AM
Sep 2013
tankoubon-feind said:
here you're saying that you don't want to be made aware of flaws in a show which means you're not even willing to pay enough attention to even see any flaws. you can't that say you're not ignorant and then basically state that you willingly embrace ignorance to preserve your perception of quality. ironic the same people claiming that hxh isn't "smart" don't seem to enjoy smart things at all. even the first guy who said "there's nothing smart about hxh" is the same guy who gave naruto and the pokemon movie a 10/10 but gave NGE and EOE a 2/10 haha

Relax man. Yeah, Valaskjalf's was pretty damn provoking I'll admit but you're even going further than he is.

I also gave SAO and Mushishi a 7 (same score) and found the first episode of LOGH to be so lackluster that I couldn't even finish it but that doesn't invalidate my opinion about anything.
Mar 20, 2014 6:10 AM

Feb 2014
I'm not saying I don't want to be made aware of flaws but that I don't like finding them (I don't like eating some greens either but I still do it) in a series that I love like HxH.

Whether or not I enjoy seeing the flaws has no bearing on my willingness to make myself aware of them.

Not sure how you missed that.
Mar 20, 2014 6:15 AM
Feb 2014
Togashi is near Dostoievsky level with all the the psychological depths and their circumstances. That's WAY above Doyle's work.
Mar 20, 2014 6:25 AM

Feb 2014
Paracelso said:
Togashi is near Dostoievsky level with all the the psychological depths and their circumstances. That's WAY above Doyle's work.

Posts like these are why I can't keep my opinion to myself. These posts IMO take exaggeration, exaggerate it, imbue it with nen and finish it off with Ko.
Mar 20, 2014 6:33 AM
Sep 2013
JamalKing said:
Paracelso said:

Posts like these are why I can't keep my opinion to myself. These posts IMO take exaggeration, exaggerate it, imbue it with nen and finish it off with Ko.

LOL! The invasion is fantastic no doubt but I have to agree with you there. Something tells me that this guy isn't serious.
Mar 20, 2014 6:35 AM
Feb 2014
JamalKing said:
Paracelso said:

"IMO"... Well, an opinion could be baseless. No argument is needed, so there's no problem with it. My area is literature and I don't watch anime (just read mangas, and not that many, just a couple) But this anime is an exception cause I admire quite a bit mister Togashi for what he's achieved with this serie. It reminds me a lot the russian psychological depth, the build up, the contradiction in human's heart and mind, the smart writing, etc. Gogol and Dostoievsky comes to mind, and they are clearly above Doyle.

Ahhh... well, maybe I exaggerate a little, but undoubtedly there's is some reminiscence and touch on those great minds in this work and that is superb.
Mar 20, 2014 6:40 AM

Feb 2014
I'm glad we agree, HxH is a brilliant anime and definitely one of the greats.

While it's good, very good in fact it's not that good.

If the anime/manga manage to change the landscape then I'll eat my hat.

(Hehe I don't wear hats!)
Mar 20, 2014 7:18 AM

Dec 2011
Hell yeah. We will finally get to see Netero vs. the King next week!
Mar 20, 2014 7:36 AM
Mar 2013
correct me if im wrong but couldnt meleron have used gods accomplice on APR to make it look like it had been disabled?
Mar 20, 2014 8:53 AM

Jan 2014
JamalKing said:
decry anybody that disagrees with them as an ignorant simple minded person who can't appreciate it.

and on the other hand you complain about people liking the series on their own and thinking it is [opinion] even if they still made no insults.

Like it or not, while not all people who criticized this arc are action-hungry, quite a lot of them are. Saying this show focuses on intelligent stuff rather than action doesn't mean people who don't like it are dumb. Just pointing out the direction of the show.

JamalKing said:

While it's good, very good in fact it's not that good.

(Hehe I don't wear hats!)

Well some people think it already had. And it is THAT good to them. You can be fine with that or not, but please keep it to yourself. The hat too.

Titor09 said:
correct me if im wrong but couldnt meleron have used gods accomplice on APR to make it look like it had been disabled?
He could apply it on knuckle, but then he'd know. But no. can't do it on a Nen ability itself.
Mar 20, 2014 10:11 AM

May 2013
Cresherhsm said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

He said that after the attack, he have seen that his blow did little harm to her and said that he hoped he would never see her again.

Well it wouldn't make sense if he said it beforehand. In my opinion, Netero saying "I hope I never see you again" is clear evidence of his intention to push Pitou as far away as possible, as opposed to intending to land a solid hit and then backtracking into a silver lining of Pitou being pushed away because his attack ended up accomplishing nothing in terms of damage. If Netero truly meant to deal damage, he should have been shocked at the fact that his attack didn't do any damage at all.

I'm sorry but I disagree, the fact that he said that after the hit makes me believe that pushing her away was a byproduct of his attack. I still don't see why he would spare her and not attack to damage. Netero is not a person that gets shocked easly, it doesn't even look like he was confident that he could push her out of the battlefield. The old man wasn't even shocked when she got to Meruem side before him lol.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that Netero could have killed Pitou there (had he decided to use an attack to deal damage). It was just a single attack after all and it's nothing in comparison to a full powered 1000 type Guanyin Bodhisattva which I'm sure Pitou could take for quite some time. xD

On this, I mostly agree with you.

I wanted to write a detailed reply and was planning to reread the chapters we are talking about but my time is very limited now. The previous post I wrote was the first thing I did this morning and this post is one of the first things I have done since I came home. Not bandwagoning the HxH love that is going on in this page but I love discussing HxH, it's just that I have so much shit on my plate right now. Perhaps we could talk about this another time :)
SaSa-ZoldyckMar 20, 2014 10:15 AM
Mar 20, 2014 11:20 AM

Jun 2012
Titor09 said:

This was exactly what I was expected him to do at first. xD But if you think about it would've been a very risky thing, if it's possible to make APR invisible in the first place.

Also I have to say Hunter x Hunter has turned out to be one of my favourite anime... sure didn't expect that when I was watching the Hunter Exam arc. xD The current arc is just beyond amazing imo
Mar 20, 2014 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
Damn when Knuckle lost it I almost cried.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.