Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 13, 2014 8:09 PM

Nov 2008
Yes Yes Yes!! Tsumugu finally confessed, even if it is by accident. I squealed like a fangirl o///o. They already act like newlywed with that kitchen scene.
Tsumugu x Chisaki~~

Hikari still continues to annoy the hell out of me. His naive immaturity is too much, even for good cause.
Mar 13, 2014 9:00 PM

Aug 2012
So now Tsumugu has Ena now huh.
Mar 13, 2014 9:05 PM

Sep 2009
Under normal circumstances, I feel that I would support Tsumugu, but this development is really terrible for a few of the reasons previously stated. Also I really enjoy reading how people hate Hikari.
Mar 13, 2014 9:25 PM

Nov 2013
Tsumugu you smooth motherf*cker!

On other things, I feel giving Tsumugu ena is a bit pushed, forced. Maybe they'll have a good reason to explain it (descendence)... let's see.
GrazihMar 13, 2014 9:28 PM
Mar 13, 2014 9:31 PM

Aug 2013
Manaka always kawaii
since the first episode to twist Tsumugu and Chisaki stay together
I do not know why but since the beginning I think the mature and introverted personality of the two combine
and are now even closer, I hope they stay together ..
_______

desde de o primeiro episodio torço para Tsumugu e Chisaki ficarem juntos
não sei porque mas desde de o começo acho que a personalidade madura e introvertida dos dois combinam
e agora estão ainda mais próximos, espero que eles fiquem juntos ..
Mar 13, 2014 9:36 PM

Nov 2013
fanshii said:
I don't see how Miuna or Sayu have it worse? I like them (especially Sayu, she's great) but their whole characters can be reduced to 'my existence resolves around a boy and that's it'. Miuna is just moping around the new arc, not doing anything about it anyway. (Either you do something about it or don't whine, since it's your fault for not doing anything) Thank god as the arc progressed, she grew a little. Sayu... does she even have a backstory?

And It's not like it's set in stone that Tsumugu has 'got Chisaki'? So 'Sayu's not getting loved back by Kaname' argument is pretty stupid since Tsumugu may not be be getting loved back by Chisaki either?

Enough with that 'tragic backstory is better' cliche, anything not working out for everyone gets boring, because... well, it's already 23th episode, I'd, personally, like to see some progress with the love heptagon.

Pretty much how I'm feeling.
Mar 13, 2014 9:44 PM

Aug 2013
I think this was my favorite episode, the Tsumugu feels ;_;
Mar 13, 2014 9:53 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
LostForgotten1 said:
I think there is some misunderstanding between those who like Tsumugu and who hate tsumugu. I don't think Tsumugu haters really hate him, I think they just hate him because Tsumugu has gotten everything the main characters have wanted without even trying. He got Manaka to fall for him and now maybe even Chisaki. Meanwhile, Hikari and Kaname are struggling for Manaka and Chisaki. They make Tsumugu get everything so easily that I can see why people can hate him. I mean wouldn't you hate it if someone easily took your love away from you while they did nothing?

And it's supposed to be Tsumugu's fault that Manaka liked him? I don't see how he gets everything so easily either, sure he did "nothing," but he did watch Chisaki suffer for 5 years, and loved her for 5 years, and still did not plan to confess to her and instead kept his feelings shut, knowing that she loved someone else. Inaction is action. Sure Hikari and Kaname struggled/struggles with their unrequited love longer than Tsumugu did with his, but I don't suppose that's Tsumugu's fault as well? I know you're just trying to explain why people may not like Tsumgu, but disliking a character for something they can't control is not a good reason. I can understand if people don't like Tsumugu because they believe he is emotionless or they just simply don't like him, but to hate on Tsumugu just because someone else likes him/he is destroying people's ships is idiotic.
Mar 13, 2014 10:04 PM

Oct 2011
Welp at the preview. Miuna: "Something I can do"
Prepare for sad ending
iasuruMar 13, 2014 10:10 PM
Mar 13, 2014 10:18 PM

Jul 2013
what an epic episode. finally the love septangle is going places.

tsumugu's confession was really powerful especially since he's the silently suffering type. hopefully, chisaki realized how strongly tsumugu felt about her when he compared her to the sea (smooth comparison btw). kinda hope that she reciprocates his feelings but that would make things too easy since she's very careful about things having to do with love.

really glad to see sayu taking a stand here. her character development gets better and better but i would prefer it more if she had another purpose besides the love septangle.

i thought hikari had become really mature but he reverted somewhat when he tried to force manaka's supposed feelings onto tsumugu and asked tsumugu to take advantage of it. it's a prime example of people doing dumb things for those they really care about.

i'm not surprised that tsumugu got ena. it makes sense since miuna has ena as well. i guess it's genetic
orchidorkMar 13, 2014 10:24 PM
Mar 13, 2014 10:32 PM

Sep 2011
I hate Tsumugu, but I respect his attitude towards everyone's feelings, including his own.

I'd be happier with Kaname x Chisaki, but there's nothing to back that at all. Similarly, I don't think it's believable that Chisaki would be able to reciprocate Tsumugu's feelings so easily (we still have 3 eps to go, though).

Like was said before, her feelings over Hikari need to be resolved before she can move on. But just the fact that her friends are all back (in some way) already starts the process... just that she came to the realization that wow, yes, she still has feelings for Hikari. This needs to get squared away really quick -- the episode previews showing Chisaki and Kaname don't look very encouraging on that end.

If Chisaki reciprocates anyone's feelings without first letting Hikari know how she feels (or felt, at the very least, past tense), I'll call BS. And personally, knowing both Kaname and Tsumugu, they would want her to face that as well before getting an answer ... just that the priority has shifted since it's now effectively 'Kaname vs Tsumugu' despite the fact that Hikari's the real roadblock.

So in my mind, I don't think a Chisaki x Anyone pairing is plausible at the moment. I expect Tsumugu in the end (as much as I dislike it), but no relationship at all would make sense for me, too.

The only relationship that really makes sense right now is Hikari/Manaka.

Though tbh, I think those two characters are the ones that would be 'okay' without one. I find it kind of ironic that the central relationship of the series is the one that feels most unnecessary.

... Which is why I sense bad end for those two. Well, Manaka at least. Possibly Miuna as well.

But I will be pissed beyond belief if Miuna takes a bullet for Manaka in some way. Veeeerrrrrry pissed off!
Mar 13, 2014 11:00 PM

Mar 2013
so it turned out to be TsumuguXChisaki,
Manaka is still a little lost.
this timeline jumping created a mess for some of the characters.
Mar 13, 2014 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
Sayu in this episode was <3
Also wow, finally some development between relationships and all. And Tsumugu x Chisaki is happening, lol. I don't ship them that much though. That confession was quite romantic.
Tsumugu got ena? Now, that's.. i don't really know how to feel about this, haha. But just how did it happen? Does Manaka's feelings that make him got Ena? welp idk.
Great ep.
Mar 13, 2014 11:09 PM
Jan 2014
notelikser said:
Turtlewack said:
Ive always been a tsumugu x manaka shipper. Now its just painful for me to watch as that ship sinks slower and slower every episode. Any shred of hope I have that manak ans tsumugu might get together is now gone. Damnit I hate it when they start you on a ship and then just sink it like that. If only Manaka had stayed with tsumugu during the timeskip........

^ I also, have beena Tsumugu x Manaka shipper, watching this episode hurt. I was replaying the part were he says he doesn't feel that way to Manaka just to make sure my ears weren't fooling me..

Always keep hope friends, I to am a TsumuguXManaka shipper and you never know what will happen, it seems dire now, but still 3 episodes and as we all know things can change very quickly in this series
Mar 13, 2014 11:18 PM

Jul 2009
YES!!!!! TSUMUGU. MY MAN. described chisaki PERFECTLY. best girl, best guy. pls be together and create a wonder, beautiful family. no homo but tsumugu is pretty good looking, only one meant for chisaki. HOT ATTRACTS HOT, NOMSAYIN.

Ahem. The acquisition of The Ena, was complete plot-bullshit. Thank you based P.A. Works.

P.S.
I think Uroko is probably the best wingman, ever.
KurogashiMar 13, 2014 11:27 PM
Mar 13, 2014 11:38 PM
Mar 2014
I see so many Tsumugu haters in these comments right now and I see this thing that keeps surfing around, People keep saying that "Tsumugu gets everything he wants he's Mr.perfect.....Have you people see before the timeskip? Were you not paying any attention at all?.....FIRST OF ALL hikari has mostly all the attention before the timeskip chisaki and manaka and everyone else aided to his every need and he basically has a harem chisaki liked him and so does manaka and minua likes him it's all been about hikari for idk how long if you look back before the timeskip mostly everything was about what Hikari wanted and he's the person with the most least character development it even shows in this episode that he barely changed throughout the whole series, the only person that I could understand people feeling bad about its kaname but it's not like he won't end up with nobody it's obvious he's gonna end up with Sayu......Honestly the best characters in this show was chisaki and Tsumugu and kaname, everybody that's hating on Tsumugu has no reason to hate on him except the fact that their mad because he confessed to chisaki and that she's probably gonna say yes to him asking her out, like c'mon people he's waited for a very long time and plus he finally gets to show his feelings that has been shut in for awhile so give the guy a break already and for all the Hikari fans Calm down its obvious he will get with manaka so please stop hating on Tsumugu he's a great character in my opinion, Hikari is very annoying and he just got regression of his character in this episode and lastly for everybody who feels bad for kaname because he probably won't end up with chisaki.....don't be upset because it was shown throughout the series that chisaki only likes him in a brotherly like way the author was not leading you on it was shown multiple times that she didint like him in that way and plus he still has Sayu....,, that's all I gotta say I just needed to put my 2 cents in their
IdkIdkIdkIDK1Mar 13, 2014 11:54 PM
Mar 14, 2014 12:26 AM
May 2011
for the ones who hate Tsumugu, I think they are simply envious and have unrequited love in real life.

Tsumugu is perfect ? He gets everything ? are you serious, are you really watching the series ? since episode 1, what Tsumugu got is only Manaka attention, Manaka admire and respect Tsumugu because he didint hate sea people and have good point of view about Sea, from the beginning Manaka doesnt love Tsumugu at all, Manaka loves Hikari from the beginning , please watch again from eps 1 !!!!

if there is a character who get everything, it's HIKARI !! Chisaki Loved Hikari, so does Miuna, and also MANAKA, only Sayu that has no crush on Hikari, so how the hell you can say that Tsumugu get everything ? your hate toward Tsumugu blind you
Mar 14, 2014 12:36 AM

Oct 2013
AshtonClaude said:
for the ones who hate Tsumugu, I think they are simply envious and have unrequited love in real life.

Tsumugu is perfect ? He gets everything ? are you serious, are you really watching the series ? since episode 1, what Tsumugu got is only Manaka attention, Manaka admire and respect Tsumugu because he didint hate sea people and have good point of view about Sea, from the beginning Manaka doesnt love Tsumugu at all, Manaka loves Hikari from the beginning , please watch again from eps 1 !!!!

if there is a character who get everything, it's HIKARI !! Chisaki Loved Hikari, so does Miuna, and also MANAKA, only Sayu that has no crush on Hikari, so how the hell you can say that Tsumugu get everything ? your hate toward Tsumugu blind you

I think you need to stop insulting random people over the internet and keep your flame to yourself.Nobody asked for his mental consultation from you boy.
The reason i hate Tsumugu is because he is just the odd one out.He doesnt belong here.
Mar 14, 2014 12:48 AM

Apr 2012
I use to be a Tsumugu hater but then I took an arrow to the knee

In all seriousness, I like him because he doesn't want to hurt Chisaki by confessing to her because he knows she is still stuck in the past. The fact that this was ruined by the old I'm standing behind you, inadvertent confession, the intention is still there. He basically won't confess until she is ready to move on. A confession would just compound her emotional baggage. This includes: still having feelings for Hikari and feeling out of place due to the time skip. Someone also pointed out that he didn't try any underhanded moves during the time skip, which adds to my personal likability points towards Tsumugu.

Also Tsumugu is not officially a lucky son of a bitch because there is 0 confirmation that Chisaki will reciprocate.
zzzeallyMar 14, 2014 12:55 AM

Mar 14, 2014 12:59 AM

Jul 2013
Good Episode, Sayu really stood out this week. I'm really warming up to her a lot more compared to the first half when she was just the winggirl for Miuna.
Having this bad feeling that we are going to get one huge sad ending to all the ships.
Blindwolf Anime <- My Blog
Mar 14, 2014 1:25 AM

Dec 2013
FrozenRemains said:
AshtonClaude said:

I think you need to stop insulting random people over the internet and keep your flame to yourself.Nobody asked for his mental consultation from you boy.
The reason i hate Tsumugu is because he is just the odd one out.He doesnt belong here.

Agreed.
We may all have our reasons to hate or support a certain character, but that doesn't give us the right to flame other posters for voicing their own opinions, no?

A lot of Tsumugu supporters keep bringing up the fact that some haters say he's got it good, go off the deep end and then make comparisons on how Hikari is the one who actually has it good.
Its all a matter of perspective though. Comparing Hikari (whom every girl has loved at some point in time) with Tsumugu may make the latter seem like an underdog. But how about comparing Tsumugu with Kaname instead? Thats a 5 year unrequited love with a 19 ish year love. I think we can all agree that those hating on Tsumugu are probably the same people who are sympathizing with Kaname (the ever tragic hero) who has it even worse than Tsumugu.
Think about it, Hikari at one point or another had the attention of the girl he liked.
Tsumugu, whether obliviously or not, does have the attention of Chisaki (even if she doesn't know it yet).
Yet Kaname has NEVER had the attention of the girl he liked, never. Even when he openly confessed like what four times (and counting), he keeps getting his feelings brushed aside like they're nothing. Tragic? No? Well that's your opinion.

Haters gonna hate, and shippers gonna ship. But seriously guys, these are just anime characters, don't hate your fellow fans. Hate the author for writing it the plot the way they did and creating these situations where you gotta choose one over the other.

::Runs to get some Kool-Aid::
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 14, 2014 1:31 AM
Jan 2013
I hate Tsumugu so much. I want Chisaki to end up with Kaname. I just can't stand the fact that Tsumugu just barge in into their circle and now basically completely destroying it. Also it feel really bad for Kaname, really that guy pretty much have been suffering throughout the whole series, so I hope Chisaki will give him a chance if not then I'm going to go to my room and punch a picture of Tsumugu while crying all day.
Mar 14, 2014 1:54 AM

Dec 2013
NiSeKoi said:
I hate Tsumugu so much. I want Chisaki to end up with Kaname. I just can't stand the fact that Tsumugu just barge in into their circle and now basically completely destroying it. Also it feel really bad for Kaname, really that guy pretty much have been suffering throughout the whole series, so I hope Chisaki will give him a chance if not then I'm going to go to my room and punch a picture of Tsumugu while crying all day.

....lol you need to calm down and rethink about all the stories you have read so far about the tragic hero which is Kaname. (If you're not old enough to understand the "tragic hero" you will get used to it once you get to high school / college and read lots of novels.

Just think about it this way, Tsumugu has been abandoned by his parents his whole life, Tsumugu chose the Ocean / sea over his parents, Tsumugu's career is now based on the studies of ocean, Tsumugu shows emotions when it relates to the ocean or fishes, and then he compared Chisaki to the ocean... I think that should be enough to make you see how much Tsumugu likes Chisaki.

I'll keep adding in more info to try and make you feel better about Tsumugu, but remember how he didn't make any move on Chisaki through the five years? It was pretty much speculated that it was because it would be unfair to Kaname who saved him from the Ofunehiki event. That shows Tsumugu's fairness, respectfulness, and "sportsmanship" towards Kaname.
Tsumugu also made sure to tell Kaname that he liked Chisaki beforehand just to make it fair as well. It shows how much of a fair guy Tsumugu is.

Remember how Tsumugu was getting into the argument about love with Hikari in this week's episode? Tsumugu said the feeling of "love" should not be toyed with, or carelessly played with which shows how much that feeling matters to him and how mature he is.
(Think about it, he has had ZERO love from anyone throughout his whole life until the Sea people like Hikari, Manaka, Chisaki, Kaname arrived and made his lonely/dull life better. People might think it broke the "circle" the sea people had before, but it was bound to happen and Tsumugu was the one who actually patched up many of the problems that had occurred too.)

Tsumugu is also one of the nicest characters in this story... Do you remember how he made that small pool at school for the sea people so they can recover their Ena? He was the "sun" for Manaka and helped develop Manaka''s maturity a little by little which also made her realize her true feelings towards Hikari.
Tsumugu helped Miuna's feelings about the whole Manaka thing waking up as well and helped clear up her doubts.

You guys can hate Tsumugu all you want but just realize that, YES he did indeed confess to Chisaki but its not 100% confirmed they're together yet. Not to mention the fact that Tsumugu gave FAIR game to Kaname by telling him first beforehand and even telling Hikari first before going straight to Chisaki ( although that made Chisaki overhear the confession). Tsumugu has has so much character development without people realizing it. He's like one of the characters you have to really delve into to understand.

This anime has so much details on each character that many people miss and it really saddens me because that causes hate towards other characters or miss a lot on the story.

I am not a Tsumugu fan, I'm neutral towards everyone with a little dislike towards Kaname and Akari. I just hate the fact that Tsumugu is getting all this hate just because many people misunderstand this guy.

Lol I typed up a lot. I hope someone reads this post if you actually want to understand Tsumugu's character more. =/
HyuseMar 14, 2014 1:58 AM

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Mar 14, 2014 2:03 AM

Jan 2010
Hoho Tsumugu, what a smooth talking you mofo! Nicely done!

I hate it when a character is running away after being confessed to, fuckin cliche. I saw it 2 times in this anime. but overall it's still a wonderful anime.

I love the subtleness this anime shows, and from the subtle expression too (which i can't elaborate), i bet Chisaki will reciprocate his feeling.
Mar 14, 2014 2:54 AM

Sep 2010
Finally caught up after weeks busy. I am loving the development so far. What I'm glad:

1. Miuna becoming more bearable, the focus is off her for a while and things get better with more balance between the castmates. That talk with Tsumugu helped her wonders. Tsumugu as usual is there to fix their problems because he's the character with a semblance of emotional maturity as reserved he is. I'm loving her relationship with Manaka too.
2. Sayu developing or at least getting more presence which I truly appreciate it. I wish we knew more of her family.
3. Unsubtle and expected Chisaki/Hikari/Kaname being told off they are children or immature in some way. Right on target.
4. All Tsumugu in general, he's getting the best scenes out all male characters so far while Kaname acts like an embittered passive aggressive jerk and Hikari is losing his head aimlessly running and taking bad life choices. All understandable, but the undergoing theme is growing up. I'm glad he explained how Miuna got the ena (the genetic reaction) but I don't think that's the only explanation.
5. Return of Manaka and more Uroko. Good.
6. Most impressive love confession award goes to Tsumugu so far.

Also Kaname is a creepy Nice Guy with Chisaki. Yuck. I hope Sayu straightens him with her pragmatic wisdom. Chisaki needs to stop being a coward and face she is no longer a little girl. She can't always run away as she always does.
ThessMar 14, 2014 3:01 AM
Mar 14, 2014 3:12 AM
Dec 2008
Uroko likes to put Hikari down

Manaka's jewel was easily found

Miuna is finally coming to terms with her feelings

Ugh Hikari... What happened to the character development in the 1st cour?

As expected from Tsumugu. The guy can do no wrong.
Mar 14, 2014 3:24 AM

Sep 2010
gnodab said:
Ugh Hikari... What happened to the character development in the 1st cour?

It's still there. If you're talking about being immature and a hothead, he never got over those issues. He was only trying to be a 'man' in Manaka's eyes. His character development was shedding his prejudice and help his family. His temper always flares. That's his emotional flaw like Tsumugu's tendency for bottling up is his.They play as foils.
Mar 14, 2014 4:08 AM
Dec 2013
im just waiting for this anime to finish and resolve the pairings,though i still love the OP

Chisaki is like one of those chicks that will straight away like someone if they give her a cheesy line such as "'You are like the sea" lol
Mar 14, 2014 4:39 AM

Jan 2014
Eh .. always wanted to Hikari and Chisaki together. To Manaka died on Ofuneki and after Hikari's hibernations Chisaki hibernates to be on par with him. Although this is stupid, but even so... For me, the events occurring in the anime is very sad
Mar 14, 2014 4:49 AM
Jan 2014
I did not understand the metaphor of Tsumugu the end?
someone has figured something out prewiev?
Mar 14, 2014 4:54 AM
Dec 2013
LiMaKuS said:
Eh .. always wanted to Hikari and Chisaki together. To Manaka died on Ofuneki and after Hikari's hibernations Chisaki hibernates to be on par with him. Although this is stupid, but even so... For me, the events occurring in the anime is very sad

yeah i'd prefer chisakixhikari
but it is VERY obvious whos ending up with who
ChisakixTsugumu
HikarixManaka
KanamexSayu
dont about Muina though
Mar 14, 2014 5:08 AM

Sep 2008
I think Miuna realized that Manaka love Hikari and she know Hikari loves Manaka.
That's why she cried that Manaka can't lose anything...

But I wish, that Tsumugu tell Hikari that Manaka tell him,
who she love, and this isn't him.

Hikari, why can't you get it, that Manaka loves you! ;(
Please, don't tell me... we have to wait for final episode to Manaka get her feelings back.
Mar 14, 2014 5:14 AM
Nov 2011
Just something i noticed even if it is a bit of a stretch to say. Manaka loses her ena, and her ability to love. At the same time Tsumugu dives into the sea for his strong love of chisaki, and gains ena possibly manaka's? Then the only two characters to be cursed by Uroko at least on screen are Manaka, and Tsumugu. I feel like there is something going on between these two. Either way i'm going to be sad when this is finished, but happy at the same time!
Mar 14, 2014 5:15 AM

Jan 2014
KiraSeika said:
NiSeKoi said:

....lol you need to calm down and rethink about all the stories you have read so far about the tragic hero which is Kaname. (If you're not old enough to understand the "tragic hero" you will get used to it once you get to high school / college and read lots of novels.

Just think about it this way, Tsumugu has been abandoned by his parents his whole life, Tsumugu chose the Ocean / sea over his parents, Tsumugu's career is now based on the studies of ocean, Tsumugu shows emotions when it relates to the ocean or fishes, and then he compared Chisaki to the ocean... I think that should be enough to make you see how much Tsumugu likes Chisaki.

I'll keep adding in more info to try and make you feel better about Tsumugu, but remember how he didn't make any move on Chisaki through the five years? It was pretty much speculated that it was because it would be unfair to Kaname who saved him from the Ofunehiki event. That shows Tsumugu's fairness, respectfulness, and "sportsmanship" towards Kaname.
Tsumugu also made sure to tell Kaname that he liked Chisaki beforehand just to make it fair as well. It shows how much of a fair guy Tsumugu is.

Remember how Tsumugu was getting into the argument about love with Hikari in this week's episode? Tsumugu said the feeling of "love" should not be toyed with, or carelessly played with which shows how much that feeling matters to him and how mature he is.
(Think about it, he has had ZERO love from anyone throughout his whole life until the Sea people like Hikari, Manaka, Chisaki, Kaname arrived and made his lonely/dull life better. People might think it broke the "circle" the sea people had before, but it was bound to happen and Tsumugu was the one who actually patched up many of the problems that had occurred too.)

Tsumugu is also one of the nicest characters in this story... Do you remember how he made that small pool at school for the sea people so they can recover their Ena? He was the "sun" for Manaka and helped develop Manaka''s maturity a little by little which also made her realize her true feelings towards Hikari.
Tsumugu helped Miuna's feelings about the whole Manaka thing waking up as well and helped clear up her doubts.

You guys can hate Tsumugu all you want but just realize that, YES he did indeed confess to Chisaki but its not 100% confirmed they're together yet. Not to mention the fact that Tsumugu gave FAIR game to Kaname by telling him first beforehand and even telling Hikari first before going straight to Chisaki ( although that made Chisaki overhear the confession). Tsumugu has has so much character development without people realizing it. He's like one of the characters you have to really delve into to understand.

This anime has so much details on each character that many people miss and it really saddens me because that causes hate towards other characters or miss a lot on the story.

I am not a Tsumugu fan, I'm neutral towards everyone with a little dislike towards Kaname and Akari. I just hate the fact that Tsumugu is getting all this hate just because many people misunderstand this guy.

Lol I typed up a lot. I hope someone reads this post if you actually want to understand Tsumugu's character more. =/
Loved your post and agree with mostly anything ^_^

I think Chisakis situation is like Manakas situation when Hikari confessed to her. She was confusing and didn't understand it all and ran away. She liked Tsumugu(Admiration) at that point and never really thought about Hikari in that way until he confessed. Hikari confession made Manaka realize that she indeed does have feelings for Hikari and realized Tsumugu just was an admiration.

Now Chisaki heard Tsumugu confession and ran away, because she's scared and confused, maybe she will realize Hikari is just an admiration and realize she have feelings for Tsumugu.
I see alot of similaries with these scenes and this is how I see it atleast, no one has to agree tho.
Melon
Mar 14, 2014 5:16 AM
Jan 2010
I don't understand why all the Tsumugu/Miuna/Sayu hate is mostly because they are "outsiders". Seriously, how many of you are still close with your childhood friends? It's pretty normal to grow apart as you grow up, just because you were best friends when you were kids does not mean you will stay together forever.
Mar 14, 2014 5:23 AM
Dec 2008
Thess said:
It's still there. If you're talking about being immature and a hothead, he never got over those issues. He was only trying to be a 'man' in Manaka's eyes. His character development was shedding his prejudice and help his family. His temper always flares. That's his emotional flaw like Tsumugu's tendency for bottling up is his.They play as foils.

His character development also includes accepting and respecting other people's feelings and opinion, he also shows a degree of calmness and maturity when facing problems despite having a high temper. The series keeps hinting on his maturity as observed by Manaka and Kaname, and yet he never seems to learn. It's just terrible writing.
Mar 14, 2014 5:34 AM
Nov 2013
I'm probably one of the few people who hate Manaka and Tsumugu, in my opinion both characters could just disappear.

I still hope for:
Hikari x Chisaki
Kaname x Sayu
Tsumugu forever alone
Manaka forever alone

Although im pretty sure it is gonna be Hikari x Manaka
Tsumugu x Chisaki.

But honestly, Chisaki deserves to be happy, she had to suffe by far the most. First the one sided love towards Hikari, then all her friends and her love just disappear for five years and at the time they appear again she is a mature 19 years old woman with her childhood friends still being 14 years old brats. Chisaki is beatiful as well.
Don't like the character of Tsumugu and Manaka. Hoped for Manaka to just die due to her sacrifice and Tsumugu to die at heartpain towas Manaka.

:P
Mar 14, 2014 6:25 AM

Dec 2012
Drama is building up, Sayu did pretty well in this episode...

seeing Manaka makes me feel sad and creepy (i can still remember those emotionless eyes man, the eyes) at the same time...xD

Everybody has a their own opinion of Manaka's inability to love, i for one think it really won't affect Manaka's lifestyle (as we can see, she seems to be having fun and the same as usual) but it will greatly affect those who care for her...but still, who doesn't want to fall in love? to not love is like to lose most of the fun and sad moments in life...just as Sayu said, losing one's ability to love is just selfish...

hopefully, Manaka will learn to love again...so what if Hikari kisses Manaka? not a bad idea eh?

Hikari still thiking that Mana is in love with Tsumugu...tsk2x

Tsumugu x Chisaki train is about to go full speed...and Tsumugu now has ena! Kaname does not stand a chance now, well, he didn't had a chance from the start...lol

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 14, 2014 6:53 AM

Oct 2013
all along i like tsumugu and hikari. I hope they can be with the one they loves, regardless of what the girls want.

but I like kaname, too. And Sayu. So i hope Sayu can be with kaname.
Mar 14, 2014 7:02 AM
Oct 2013
GDI GUYS STOP STEALING MANKA'S ENA.

So apparently lotsa tears for Kaname fans next episode. Looks dramatic and great.
Mar 14, 2014 7:18 AM
Jan 2014
KiraSeika said:

Haha, I know right? Even I can see Tsumugu arguably is the most well-written character in this series. Although he had less airtime (next to Kaname and Sayu), it's easy to see there is a deep mind underneath that reserved personality driven by his own complexes. No, it does not make him perfect. On the contrary, it just makes him act and think like how a mature human would in real world, something refreshing in the anime world full of pointless melodrama and tear-jerking asshattery. But then again this is the internet, where everyone is more preoccupied with shipping and bitching about how his/her ship is better than others rather than paying attention to the story. I enjoyed reading your post btw.
Mar 14, 2014 7:21 AM

Dec 2010
gnodab said:
Thess said:

His character development also includes accepting and respecting other people's feelings and opinion, he also shows a degree of calmness and maturity when facing problems despite having a high temper. The series keeps hinting on his maturity as observed by Manaka and Kaname, and yet he never seems to learn. It's just terrible writing.
Its not terrible writing sweets,you guys are being too judgmental. I mean,the show is written in a way better manner than most shitty shows,and also,Hikari's reaction was more natural that way. The anime has showed that he's slowly becoming more composed but like everyone,he has slip ups,and especially when concerning manaka. And even i think Tsumugu was being unreasonable,if Manaka is helped by his confession,he might as well,after letting the others know about his true feelings ofcourse. Its all perfect because people,in real life,dont really change after saying "hey i'll change" just like Hikari
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Mar 14, 2014 7:35 AM

Jan 2014
Sam1198777 said:
And even i think Tsumugu was being unreasonable,if Manaka is helped by his confession,he might as well,after letting the others know about his true feelings ofcourse.

I dont think he should do a fake confession even if they think it would help manaka get her feelings of love back. Aside from the fact that i think Hikari has to be the one for it to work, what would be the point?

Say it works, and Manaka gets her feelings of love back the moment tsumugu "confesses". Whats the next step? "Lol soz, im actually gonna go out with Chisaki now"? Isnt that just needless pain?
Mar 14, 2014 9:19 AM

Dec 2013
PointyThingy said:
KiraSeika said:

Haha, I know right? Even I can see Tsumugu arguably is the most well-written character in this series. Although he had less airtime (next to Kaname and Sayu), it's easy to see there is a deep mind underneath that reserved personality driven by his own complexes. No, it does not make him perfect. On the contrary, it just makes him act and think like how a mature human would in real world, something refreshing in the anime world full of pointless melodrama and tear-jerking asshattery. But then again this is the internet, where everyone is more preoccupied with shipping and bitching about how his/her ship is better than others rather than paying attention to the story. I enjoyed reading your post btw.

I think it's really because of the screentime why some people hate him. If we would get scenes with internal monologue from his perspective I think most of the people would change their mind because let's face it: most of the people hate him because they think:
1) he´s emotionless or
2)Mr. Perfect and
3) sometimes because of shipping business (but that's stupid to hate a character just because you don't ship him/her with a certain character).
If there would be more scenes with him like from Hikari, Chisaki or Miuna where we get to know what he's really thinking than I think more people would start to sympathize with him. Until now most of the scenes that involve Tsumugu are from an external perspective. Some people only focus on what the characters really do,say, think and don't try to understand a character. I also agree that he's certainly a well-written character.
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Mar 14, 2014 10:19 AM

Nov 2010
Sayu rages like the best
The pendant Miuna made for Manaka out of the sea slug stone was nice and thoughtful of her

The last scene of Tsumug's confession was so great with the timing of Chisaki appearing at the back
For him to chase her down into the cold waters was quite absurd, but P.A works pulled it of by granting him the ena

Seeing Chisake and Tsumugu together at the village was a nice White Day gift
Mar 14, 2014 10:52 AM

Sep 2009
If Chisaki would reject Tsumugu, I would be raging like hell. Cause really: they are the best couple
Mar 14, 2014 10:56 AM

Jan 2013
Could a couple finally be forming after 23 episodes?
Mar 14, 2014 11:03 AM
Oct 2013
I hope Tsumugu gets thrown in a hole and lit on fire. Holy crap if Chisaki decides to be with Tsumugu, then like Tsumugu pretty much has all the win in this show (assuming that Manaka also likes him). People like Kaname are basically just gonna face the brunt of the pain. Not to mention Hikari. Like really? in the beginning of the anime when he was a tsunder I sort of understood people saying that he doesn't deserve Manaka, but like he as a character has developed positivily soooo much. He has worked so much to become a better character and try to work towards everybody's happiness, but if he gets nothing in return then like... What the hell. Yeah so Chisaki has got to reject Tsumugu. Not to mention if she does except his feelings what was the whole point of the episode which she says she still loves Hikari. If Chisaki's love that she has kept for so long is so easily swayed like that then is truly a dissapointment. Further on if Chisaki does end with Tsumugu this is probably one of the biggest plot twisters to come into existence, like literally no one could've seen this coming in the first half of the show.
Flatlander in a 3-dimensional world |/
|
Mar 14, 2014 11:07 AM
Jan 2014
I saw it coming....you probably just watched the scenes with your favorite ship and skipped all the other scenes...
Mar 14, 2014 11:08 AM

Jul 2013
The episode in here is basically the concept of "what is love" and, "how can we obtain it."

Manaka has something that she will treasure it when Hikari gave her a shiny stone. Sayu is going to be brave enough to confess her feelings to Kaname.

Oh damn, Tsugumu confess his feelings to Chisaki, now he has Ena now what the heck... Damn that was a smooth talk at the end their.

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.