Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 12, 2014 10:49 PM

Mar 2009
Hey, can any of you light novel readers summarize what's going to happen after the anime?
Clearly they're only covering it to the point of Natsume's revival, but unfortunately the ln isn't translated further than the anime.
Would be interesting to know what's going to happen.
Mar 13, 2014 1:07 AM

Oct 2013
From Volume 10. I will keep it as short as possible.
This should summarize few things of Volume 10.

As of Volume 10 few things are still not revealed yet.

(I could be wrong with few minor things but it should be accurate for now.)

As for What Tora is doing, it's not implied here at all. His objectives are all shrouded in mystery. Whatever you read here is just purely based on speculation. . Further elaboration on Volume 10 events:-

Volume 11 comes in April.

Hope that helps you.
NuviMar 28, 2014 11:16 PM
Mar 13, 2014 1:10 AM

Mar 2009
<3
Awesome, thank you.
Mar 13, 2014 1:15 AM

Oct 2013
You're welcome.
Mar 26, 2014 12:39 AM

Nov 2011
Whoa, pretty informative post there.

Several things though:
What happened to Tenma?

Is Suzuka still considered a member of the Divine Generals despite being a friend of Harutora? And with his new condition as Yakou.

Is Akino Souma related to Kon in some way?
Mar 26, 2014 12:40 AM

Mar 2009
I wish I could read the LN.^^
If we get a second season it's gonna be pretty good.
Mar 26, 2014 12:52 AM

Oct 2013
Stark700 said:

Several things though:
What happened to Tenma?

Is Suzuka still considered a member of the Divine Generals despite being a friend of Harutora? And with his new condition as Yakou.

1. Regarding Tenma , whereabouts unknown he along with other main cast are just mentioned in Volume 10 , Volume 11 deals with Natsume meeting her friends and Takiko's group taking some sort of action.

2. I'm not sure but since Suzuka is with Takiko, she could be monitored by Onmyo Agency for her actions. They could have taken her DG/First Class Onmyo Mage status..

3. About Yakou's/Tora's condition, I'll just quote this from wikia:-
After his awakening as Yakou Tsuchimikado, his personality goes through an immense change. From the way he talks, it seems the merging of their two personas is in equilibrium. At times, his personalities seem to be Harutora-dominant and still cares for Natsume and the others. However, his Yakou side is dominant too. It is shown that he has nostalgic memories of his past life, he regrets his past actions, and even cries for his now very old or dead compatriots.

What's evident is that he is more mature, intelligent, and patient than his life as a non-spirit seer, i.e. before himself awakening as Yakou. He seems to be able to anticipate other's reactions, plan attack/ traps, and is able to psychologically argue his points and reasons, even going far as mentally hurting his objectors. The current Harutora is cold, calculating and apathetic. He is willing to go through any dealings to achieve his goals and is not hesitant to kill his enemies.

4. Akino Souma is from the Souma clan and is not related to Kon. Tsuchimikado family currently acts as her guardian and she is living with Natsume.
In volume 10 Natsume was depressed that she could not meet with Harutora (and the fact that she is dead) so she(Akino) was trying to cheer her up, that's why I consider her as Natsume's emotional support.
NuviMar 26, 2014 3:04 AM
Mar 26, 2014 1:13 AM

Oct 2013
To be more precise for the 4th point, you could say Hishamaru is Natsume's predecessor (that is, if the author confirms her as a Tsuchimikado / branch family member). I guess if the fox spirit did not possessed Hishamaru (anime left this info) then Hishamaru would look similar to Natsume.
Mar 26, 2014 1:21 AM

Nov 2011
Nuvi said:
Stark700 said:

Several things though:
What happened to Tenma?

1. Regarding Tenma , whereabouts unknown he along with other main cast are just mentioned in Volume 10 , Volume 11 deals with Natsume meeting her friends and Takiko's group taking some sort of action.

2. I'm not sure but since Suzuka is with Takiko, she could be monitored by Onmyo Agency for her actions. They could have taken her DG/First Class Onmyo Mage status..

3. About Yakou's/Tora's condition, I'll just quote this from wikia (it happens all in volume 10 chapter 2 IIRC, not sure) :-
After his awakening as Yakou Tsuchimikado, his personality goes through an immense change. From the way he talks, it seems the merging of their two personas is in equilibrium. At times, his personalities seem to be Harutora-dominant and still cares for Natsume and the others. However, his Yakou side is dominant too. It is shown that he has nostalgic memories of his past life, he regrets his past actions, and even cries for his now very old or dead compatriots.

What's evident is that he is more mature, intelligent, and patient than his life as a non-spirit seer, i.e. before himself awakening as Yakou. He seems to be able to anticipate other's reactions, plan attack/ traps, and is able to psychologically argue his points and reasons, even going far as mentally hurting his objectors. The current Harutora is cold, calculating and apathetic. He is willing to go through any dealings to achieve his goals and is not hesitant to kill his enemies.

4. Akino Souma is from the Souma clan and is not related to Kon. Tsuchimikado family currently acts as her guardian and she is living with Natsume.
In volume 10 Natsume was depressed that she could not meet with Harutora (and the fact that she is dead) so she(Akino) was trying to cheer her up, that's why I consider her as Natsume's emotional support.

Alright thanks for that info. Based on the finale of Tokyo Raven's in the anime, I think Yakou wouldn't technically count as an antagonist even if he somehow becomes the dominant personality in the end. It's interesting to note that they did kill a main character though and actually go with it not like some fluke. I'm actually pretty curious to see more development on Tenma as I think he has potential, similar to Kyouko and the others.
Mar 26, 2014 2:09 AM

Oct 2013
I personally think that Tenma should be focused in this story with by bringing up his parents company and how they died with YakouTora playing a supporting role in his arc in Part II of the show. That way it will look better because he is the only normal person in the group.

What's killing me from inside is that the author is hiding too much of YakouTora's objective and I'm not sure how the story will go on from here, hopefully into something good. It was interesting that the part II Harutora is actually much more interesting than his dull personality in part I and he is not so overpowered as much as other shounen MCs which is a good thing (I guess).
Terrorist MC sounds cool imo.
NuviMar 26, 2014 2:12 AM
Mar 26, 2014 4:47 AM

Oct 2013
Nuvi said:
I personally think that Tenma should be focused in this story with by bringing up his parents company and how they died with YakouTora playing a supporting role in his arc in Part II of the show. That way it will look better because he is the only normal person in the group.

What's killing me from inside is that the author is hiding too much of YakouTora's objective and I'm not sure how the story will go on from here, hopefully into something good. It was interesting that the part II Harutora is actually much more interesting than his dull personality in part I and he is not so overpowered as much as other shounen MCs which is a good thing (I guess).
Terrorist MC sounds cool imo.

thank you. Yeah the hiding of his objective is really not making readers interested. Lol.
Mar 26, 2014 5:36 AM

Mar 2010
Personally I like Harutira's personality from the first part and I never really found him dull. I'm glad the Yakou stuff wasn't some takeover washing away all he went through, he does come across better in LN than in anime though.
Mar 26, 2014 9:05 AM

Oct 2013
Hey jagd..don't get me wrong here. I like his character but he really didn't gave me any good impressions till his development after D vs Ohtomo...And to tell you the truth..I really liked the merge of Yakou and Harutora in the last episode/volume 10 of the story.
It's just that author made him like a typical Shounen lead till the first 5 or 6 volumes. Well..that's just my thinking but yeah..I like his character now. ^^
Mar 26, 2014 9:34 AM

Mar 2010
I like how he is now too, but he's essentially still the same person, just further matured.
Mar 26, 2014 1:28 PM

Oct 2012
wow thanks for all the info! xD
i wish i could read the LN. I guess ill just have to either wait for translations or hope for a season 2~ xP
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Mar 26, 2014 5:58 PM

Oct 2013
Sorry a bit lost. How about Harutora real parents? The names?

And the adoptive parents are who?

lol, I like the previous Harutora instead.

Tenma would be a good character to explore.
Mar 26, 2014 11:24 PM

Oct 2013
heiqi1hu said:
Sorry a bit lost. How about Harutora real parents? The names?

And the adoptive parents are who?

lol, I like the previous Harutora instead.

Tenma would be a good character to explore.

Harutora's real parents :-
Yasuzumi Tsuchimikado and Yuuko Wakasugi.
-They both are Natsume's adoptive parents but Natsume never met (I guess) Wakasugi Yuuko because she died prior to the story.

Yazusumi is main family head and Yuuko was from Tsuchimikado's branch family daughter, branch family name is Wakasugi (just like Kurahashi). Yazusumi loved her so he married her.

Harutora's adoptive parents:-
Takahiro Tsuchimikado and Chizuru Tsuchimikado, they are branch family members. We see both of them in episode 18 when Tsuchimikado's house raid happened.

Both of them worked in Onmyo Agency but Takahiro now works as a Doctor and I'm not sure what Chizuru does now except destroying things with her thunder spells.

By the way, Natsume's real parents are still not confirmed so we don't about her real parents for now.
Mar 27, 2014 7:08 AM

Mar 2009
wow great info from the novel~ thx a lot ^_^
Mar 27, 2014 7:30 AM

Aug 2013
thank you so much !!
Mar 27, 2014 10:00 AM

Mar 2010
Nuvi said:

BTW Nuvi, this stuff is not true, at all. Yakoutora isn't antagonist nor is he evil, though he indeed is a very composed and calculating person now. Harutora still has some his old traits, but only matured. He even teases Hishamaru about her looks in vol 10 so it's not as if Harutora is serious and afoot all the time or anything. He's basically a Anti-Hero.
Iron_MawMar 27, 2014 12:30 PM
Mar 27, 2014 5:09 PM

Oct 2013
@nuvi, thanks. I thought it was them.

Hmm. Harutora more like a vessel to me. So probably the author shifted focus to natsume.

Ah did novel mention yakou after that met up with his father and adoptive parents?
probably no longer "parents". Lol.
Mar 27, 2014 11:14 PM

Oct 2013
Nope, he is avoiding Yazusumi and the other Tsuchimikados. Harutora is currently missing since 1 year+, no one knows where he is hiding.

For some reason he calls Natsume's adoptive father(Tora's real father) 'Yazusumi' only so I guess he still addresses Takahiro (adoptive parent) as his father although it's not mentioned in volume 10.

Jagd84 said:
Nuvi said:

BTW Nuvi, this stuff is not true, at all. Yakoutora isn't antagonist nor is he evil, though he indeed is a very composed and calculating person now. Harutora still has some his old traits, but only matured. He even teases Hishamaru about her looks in vol 10 so it's not as if Harutora is serious and afoot all the time or anything. He's basically a Anti-Hero.

Eh, now that you mention..it kinda seems inaccurate. I guess his cold Yakou demeanor was only after Yakou awakened and only till he revived Natsume partially.
IIRC volume 10 Piratetora is really acting all cool and flirting with Hishamaru. Damn, would love to see these animated.

I guess someone intentionally put that part there in wikia. That said, the wikia itself seems to be a copy from wikipedia and it's not accurate most of the times.
Well..thanks for pointing out the mistake.
NuviMar 28, 2014 9:26 AM
Mar 28, 2014 6:20 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, thanks a bunch there to give us such a good summary,i was almost dying to read the novel, but needed to wait for bakatsuki to translate. Can't believe how the story is going on, man i was waiting for Harutora/Yakou to meet up with his friends and do everything in order to save Natsume. But don't you think, that Yakoutora is maybe searching for a method to fully revive Natsume? Ofc his memories of the past are back, but you already mentioned that his love to Natsume is still there, so i think he's trying to find a way to revive her permamently. I really wish, that Yakoutora is staying on the good side, cant bear to watch how Natsume is going to fight him at the end, because like 99% of the mangas/animes i already watched went full retard mode and ended so badly D;. Nuvi, since you read the novel, can u maybe give me/us a hint or your own opinion: Who is the enemy right now? Onmyo Agency? Takiko? Yakoutora? Thanks !
Mar 28, 2014 10:39 PM

Oct 2013
Muhey said:
man i was waiting for Harutora/Yakou to meet up with his friends and do everything in order to save Natsume. But don't you think, that Yakoutora is maybe searching for a method to fully revive Natsume? Ofc his memories of the past are back, but you already mentioned that his love to Natsume is still there, so i think he's trying to find a way to revive her permamently.
As I said earlier, PirateTora's too twisted to act as a MC and the story being from his POV would not work at all so I appreciate author's writing here very much. What would be the point of Part II which deals with Natsume searching for her missing love? (You see, even without the romance tag here, TR is filled with many romance scenes) Ofc there are few mindfucks Azano will reveal later which I mentioned before. Imo, it's good that he is avoiding everyone here and dealing things with his own 'way'.
I really wish, that Yakoutora is staying on the good side, cant bear to watch how Natsume is going to fight him at the end, because like 99% of the mangas/animes i already watched went full retard mode and ended so badly D;.
What? NOOO! This isn't Shakugan No Shana 3 fitted inside Tokyo Ravens. They both love each other so why would the fight? Though, it could include Natsume smacking PirateTora because of his terrorist actions.
Who is the enemy right now? Onmyo Agency? Takiko? Yakoutora? Thanks !
Genji Kurahashi and for now Souma clan. But I think Takiko is a good person....
That being said, Azano introduced some sort of 'enemy' in volume 10 too, the Seishuku monks so I think we will see more enemies.

As for you other questions..
I edited my post a bit and elaborated few things further so as to avoid confusion..read it again now.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1107347&show=0#msg29258635
NuviApr 19, 2014 11:10 AM
Mar 29, 2014 5:34 AM

Jun 2012
Well yeah somehow i do understand that he is avoiding everyone, since he is a wanted terrorist and maybe he doesn't want his friends to get involved, since you said he is acting really coldly and would not hesiate to kill somebody.
Yep, i would not like it to be like Shakugan no Shana, or Guilty Crown, but maybe its like this: In order to save her love, she needs to "fight" him, to get him to the good side again and in the other hand Harutora wishes to accomplish something ( With Yakou in mind ofc), what does not seems to be right ( like forbbiden magic or something like that). So maybe she decides to "defeat" him.

I really hope its Genji. And Takiko... i dont like her. To be honest, i think she deserves to be asskicked by Natsume, maybe then ill forgive her :c

Ok, ill read it :P Thanks for your effort !
Apr 11, 2014 6:45 AM

May 2007
Volume 11 is out in 8 days.
Aug 15, 2014 3:19 AM
Aug 2013
Hi all!
Can you tell me whether the anime covered all facts of light novel or not?
Because I just found that anime covered 9 volumes, so I wonder do I need to read from the beginning or I can continue to read from volume 10?

Please, answer me :P
Sep 1, 2014 3:58 PM

Jul 2007
demonsvile said:
Hi all!
Because I just found that anime covered 9 volumes, so I wonder do I need to read from the beginning or I can continue to read from volume 10?

I've read somewhere that they skipped parts of the LN in the anime however I don't think you'd have to read everything from the start to understand volume 10
rhapsodicSep 1, 2014 4:30 PM
Sep 23, 2014 12:06 AM
May 2014
rhapsodic said:
demonsvile said:
Hi all!

I've read somewhere that they skipped parts of the LN in the anime however I don't think you'd have to read everything from the start to understand volume 10

nah
if you like this series, read starting from vol 1, even if you've seen the animation.
there are a lot of things that I thought were major glaring plot holes in the anime that are explained in the LNs.

and I guess if you care, there are also missing animated portions from the biggest fights that are instead detailed in the novels.
Oct 23, 2014 1:49 AM
Oct 2014
So does Harutora actually still have feelings for Natsume?
And is Natsume in the real world now?
May 12, 2015 12:05 AM
May 2015
Can someone please tell me or help me understand the meaning of the end?? I wanna know the meaning between Harutora and Natsume! I need to understand please? So is Harutora and his new "friends" at the end scene which is the one armed ogre and Kon basically walking away, are they going to meet Natsume's resurrection? What did Satome mean when it only kind of worked? The reincarnation thing?? So Is Natsume preparing to be resurrected for sure and Harutora is awaiting for her to enter the real world once again? And don't forget to explain the white room with Natsume and Harutora! I apologize, I'm in love with this anime. I marathoned this anime for a few days and I'm watching it all in English dub now. Please! There's so much I don't understand, I'll love you for informing me on Harutora and Natsume! <3
May 14, 2015 12:26 AM
Jul 2013
Does this remind anyone of shakugan no Shana?
May 19, 2015 8:06 PM

Dec 2012
AManofManyWords said:
Can someone please tell me or help me understand the meaning of the end?? I wanna know the meaning between Harutora and Natsume! I need to understand please? So is Harutora and his new "friends" at the end scene which is the one armed ogre and Kon basically walking away, are they going to meet Natsume's resurrection? What did Satome mean when it only kind of worked? The reincarnation thing?? So Is Natsume preparing to be resurrected for sure and Harutora is awaiting for her to enter the real world once again? And don't forget to explain the white room with Natsume and Harutora! I apologize, I'm in love with this anime. I marathoned this anime for a few days and I'm watching it all in English dub now. Please! There's so much I don't understand, I'll love you for informing me on Harutora and Natsume! <3

Read this thread. Or better yet just read the novels. (If you've completed the anime you can just start at novel 10).
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

May 23, 2015 5:51 AM

Jan 2012
Thnx Nuvi ,that save some time and great summary .

Sep 14, 2016 12:44 PM

Nov 2015
Is there any more spoilers since this last post? Just finished the anime and was curious. So I was wondering where they stand now with a couple more volumes have passed.

Prob not getting another anime sadly.
Sep 9, 2018 12:10 AM
Apr 2018
Can anyone provide with the latest details as to how Tokyo Ravens LN ends? From where can I read it ?
Thanks in advance.
Oct 16, 2018 3:56 AM
Sep 2017
flora789 said:
Can anyone provide with the latest details as to how Tokyo Ravens LN ends? From where can I read it ?
Thanks in advance.
Its still on going and you can read it here : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/tokyo-ravens/
Apr 16, 2019 5:07 PM
May 2018
[quote=Nuvi]From Volume 10. I will keep it as short as possible.

As for What Tora is doing, it's not implied here at all. His objectives are all shrouded in mystery. Whatever you read here is just purely based on speculation. . Further elaboration on Volume 10 events:-

Hope that helps you.[/quote

thank you! I really appreciated this post. since there aint no chance of s2 to begin with. and hey can you describe the new mc? why did they change the mc to begin with?! also, what happened to that ogre eater that blinded one eye of tora? and this whole twin shit syndicate..what happened to them?
Oct 14, 2019 5:27 AM
Oct 2019
Can someone please clarify what’s going on with hishamru and Natsume
Jan 1, 2020 8:06 AM
Jan 2020
can someone update the story? we now have until volume 15 right?

please oh dear LN readers, enlighten us!!
Jan 12, 2020 12:49 AM

Oct 2012
its 2020. wuts happened
Mar 21, 2020 7:54 AM
Mar 2020
How about now 2020, did anything happen regarding about Natsume and Harutora's romance life? hhhehhehhee. Can anyone answer hehe
Apr 18, 2020 2:40 PM
Apr 2020
@Nuvi so harutora still likes natsume and can u summarize wut happened after volume 10
Apr 18, 2020 2:41 PM
Apr 2020
Nuvi said:

Hope that helps you.
can ya summarize after volume 10
Apr 19, 2020 2:37 PM
Apr 2016
Nuvi said:

Hope that helps you.

I've watched this series in 2016 but doesn't bother to know the ending till I rewatched it in 2020. I got very curious about how the rest of the series will proceed as Natsume has been revived. This summarize and thus end my curiosity that I had since first watching those series. Thank you ^_^
Jun 26, 2020 3:22 AM
Jun 2020
Please can anyone tell any website or app where I can read the full Light novel of TOKYO RAVENS
Jun 26, 2020 5:05 AM
Jun 2020
exviL said:
Nuvi said:

Hope that helps you.

I've watched this series in 2016 but doesn't bother to know the ending till I rewatched it in 2020. I got very curious about how the rest of the series will proceed as Natsume has been revived. This summarize and thus end my curiosity that I had since first watching those series. Thank you ^_^
where can I read the the full light novel

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2013

3 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 29, 5:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2013

3 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 28, 5:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

3 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 28, 5:54 AM

» Is it still on going? Or it is already completed.

Unoriginality - Apr 16, 2020

4 by Alexioos95 »»
Oct 11, 2023 1:58 PM

» Volume 16 light novel spoilers?

Kashg25 - Oct 14, 2019

2 by Akash007otaku »»
Jun 11, 2020 8:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.