Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 8, 2014 3:27 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah right... maybe the first one.

But this is not even an hour long. If they were purely storytelling devices they wouldn't be so much of them, in so much detail.

I'm not easily offended or anti-hentai(!), I just got bored.
Mar 20, 2014 8:54 PM

Sep 2012
I think it added to the darkness of the story. Sure they could've done it without, but they added to the mood to the story and helped give reasons for why Sawa acted the way she did.
Another page to the history of the Fujaku.
Apr 13, 2014 11:59 AM

Aug 2011
From what I understand, they were written into the story so that Kite could be billed as a hentai and it would be easier to get it produced. That's why the sex scenes are so short compared to most hentai. It's the bare minimum.

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Apr 18, 2014 7:00 PM

Dec 2013
There is rarely any dialogue during the scenes so even though I havent seen the cut I still think the scenes were not necessary at all
I shall destroy and hate mankind
Aug 30, 2014 9:40 AM
Mar 2010
Wow I just found this here in MAL I used to watch this when I bought a pirated did of it back in high school or was it elementary oh well got to say the sex scene were not necessarily needed here but at least it welcome but it's kinda too short.
Sep 29, 2014 2:54 PM
Jan 2011
Without the sex scenes would anyone really remember this anime?
Sep 29, 2014 6:46 PM

Aug 2011
xsilicon9 said:

Very valid point.

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Oct 9, 2014 9:23 PM

Jun 2010
HA! Story. That's a good one
Nov 30, 2014 6:22 PM

Jul 2012
Think this thread is dead, but I will comment anyways. This story could have stood on its own without all the sex scenes. Entirely unnecessary
Nov 30, 2014 6:24 PM
Nov 2008
Blackouting said:
If they were purely storytelling devices they wouldn't be so much of them, in so much detail.
did you know people can have sex a lot if they want to?
Feb 3, 2015 10:11 AM
Dec 2014
Doaj said:
xsilicon9 said:

Very valid point.

Not really. Even without the sex scenes, the anime has very other memorable parts, and it's already twisted as it is without them with all the relationships and interactions and the implications that they bring. The sex scenes just make this twistedness even more apparent and thus, makes it stick in your head even more.
Mar 13, 2015 11:06 PM
Dec 2014
Does anyone know if Oburi dies or not? I mean, somebody came in the room where Sawa was at the very last moment. If not Oburi, who was?
Mar 28, 2015 4:58 AM

Mar 2013
Only the first scene felt necessary and didn't go too far length wise.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Apr 7, 2015 3:49 AM
Nov 2014
i would not say they were necessary, as the anime could stand as a thriller without them, but the ones involving kite and akai provided some background and insight to their characters, particularly akai's inherent cruelty.
Dec 29, 2016 4:03 AM

Sep 2013
My problem with the sex scenes is that it forces the anime to be classified as hentai which will prevent a LOT of people from watching it. Many people just don't want to see a show with that label on it. Also, anything labelled as hentai is automatically going to receive a lower average score because some people will give it a low score JUST for being hentai. Without the sex scenes, I'm betting more people would have seen this show and its score would be a point or two higher.

Then again, without the sex scenes, it wouldn't be the same show. So, in that regard, I'm glad they were included.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 24, 2018 5:58 AM
Jul 2018
Sex scenes were there only cause this was supposed to be a hentai OVA and wouldn't have been produced otherwise. And boy does it show, If you cut them out you wont loose anything really.
Jan 22, 2019 9:57 AM
Sep 2015
...Studios: Arms
Mar 19, 2019 6:07 PM

Sep 2018
Ok, so I'm half way through the second episode and I decided to completely revise my post. It's true that the sex isn't exactly important to the story. The way it's presented does highlight how big of scumbugs the hitmen agency is, but that could have been done by showing like one or two sex scenes or completely other ways. Though really I think what people are really saying when they say the sex is important to the story though is that you shouldn't watch the edited versions. Maybe in the first episode not so much, but in the second episode the sex usually happens during a scene where an important conversation is taking place. Editing out these scenes would lead to a gap in the viewer's narrative and I think that's what people are really getting at. Also, you have to understand, the hentai bits are only their to appease the production company, otherwise this wouldn't have been released at all and unlike their second OVA of this nature, I think they did a good job of making them actually fit in with the rest of the anime.
Jul 16, 2019 7:41 PM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
They're so essential to the story that all the dudes havel 19'' long dicks, yep. xD
Tracer_SenpaiJul 19, 2019 6:23 PM
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Jul 16, 2019 8:00 PM

Jan 2009
the sex scenes barely have enough screen time on this and Mezzo Forte the other anime they work on, better just search for those looping webm/GIF videos of those hentai scenes
Dec 2, 2020 6:34 AM

Jun 2015
deg said:
the sex scenes barely have enough screen time on this and Mezzo Forte the other anime they work on, better just search for those looping webm/GIF videos of those hentai scenes

Speaking of Mezzo Forte, the sex scenes in Mezzo Forte are better example of excuse unnecessary sex scenes.
In Kite however, the sex scene are more correlated with the themes and the general atmosphere.

Maelstrom184 said:
My problem with the sex scenes is that it forces the anime to be classified as hentai which will prevent a LOT of people from watching it. Many people just don't want to see a show with that label on it. Also, anything labelled as hentai is automatically going to receive a lower average score because some people will give it a low score JUST for being hentai. Without the sex scenes, I'm betting more people would have seen this show and its score would be a point or two higher.

Then again, without the sex scenes, it wouldn't be the same show. So, in that regard, I'm glad they were included.

Now just imagine if Berserk 1997 was labeled as hentai
Dec 2, 2020 6:53 AM

Jul 2020
@Deago you know that those posts were posted a year ago?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 2, 2020 7:56 AM

Jun 2015
Scordolo said:
@Deago you know that those posts were posted a year ago?

So?‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Feb 24, 2021 12:36 PM

Oct 2020
While the sex/rape wasn't always necessary it shows you that Akai and Kanie are both disgusting pedo rapists without ever outright saying it.

Kite is one of the few x rated anime where the sex don't feel forced or for the sake of it.
Aug 2, 2021 11:43 AM
Master of Cursed

Aug 2011
I accidentally watched the edited version, and was confused when there was no hentai by the end of it. I found an unedited version and watched the scenes I missed afterwards.

I think the edited version does a good enough job painting Akai as a pedo rapist, but it doesn't imply that Kanie is too. The way they had to edit around the last sex scene where Oburi is present was also rather confusing, you don't really understand why Sawa seems to be siding with Akai in that scene unless you understand that he basically raped her into submission.

I do think that people who don't want to see a hentai can watch and enjoy the edited version. I found it quite enjoyable on its own.

Aug 17, 2021 11:32 PM
Jul 2020
It had a total of 4 sex scenes 3 were of the fmc and the old guy with flash backs of when she was a kid and was doing it in the last sex scene for the FMC the old dude forced oburi to watch as the FMC was having sex before he was dragged off to be killed by the fat guy but he kill the fat guy instead. the last one was of the fat guy with a new girl
AnOnYmOuS__101Aug 18, 2021 12:41 AM
Jan 8, 2022 11:16 AM

Aug 2020
I don't think I have ever seen a series that blurred the line so much between being an hentai and an anime. The closest I can think of is Redo Of Healer but even that isn't even on the same level as Kite when it comes to explicit H scenes. Whether the sex scenes were necessary or not depends mostly on whether you want to interpret this as an hentai or an anime.

From an anime stand point the only thing the sex scenes really do is to just show the hypocrisy of Akain and Kanie killing all those child molesters and rapists while they themselves were doing the exact same evil things. From a hentai standpoint the sex scenes are necessary because ...it's a hentai, duh. Even so the H scenes were still pretty dark and fucked up so not exactly sure how many can even enjoy them.

Maelstrom184 said:

As someone who usually gives series labeled as hentai a lower score just because I judge them mostly for their H scenes and not so much for the story I can confirm this is 100% true. A series like that is like a double edged sword. On one hand it's pretty good when an anime adds some explicit sex scenes to the mix but on the other hand it really does hurt the ratings of the anime on the long run when people judge it mostly based on the H scenes alone. In case of Kite it really is a complicated dilemma where there is no real "right" or "wrong" opinion. It was meant to to be an anime but it also created explicit H scenes so it's also a hentai, that's just the way it is.
Currently on a every hentai ever marathon, from oldest to newest.
Dec 18, 2022 4:53 AM

Jul 2014
I really think they could've had something special with this if they didn't feel the need to throw in the H-scenes, especially since two of them were rape scenes framed in an eroticized way. If those scenes were either implied or framed in a way that understands rape as the horrifying, traumatic thing it is, this anime would actually be really good.
Take care of yourself

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kite Episode 1 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Apr 23, 2009

21 by Burayan »»
Feb 16, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Kite Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MaxCrazy7 - Apr 23, 2009

50 by oraha12 »»
Dec 4, 2023 4:42 PM

» Amazing action scene quality, looking for more like this.

Zarutaku - Nov 13, 2023

1 by Theo1899 »»
Nov 13, 2023 12:30 PM

» LAME ass ending

mugwump - Jun 17, 2008

33 by DiegoNotChill »»
Sep 6, 2022 4:03 PM

» So who's here from Dr Henti's video

nhl2004 - Aug 5, 2021

14 by E2WHvX6yZPFHNCed »»
Nov 12, 2021 6:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.