Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Mar 8, 2014 7:46 AM

Apr 2011
xaszatm said:
jiraiya_sensei said:

I don't think she's an unimportant character though. Ryuuko is a lone wolf character from the beginning. Mako is most likely the only person she truly likes and trusts with all her heart. Imo she doesn't even trust Senketsu as much as Mako. When everything is going against her emotionally, Mako is the only anchor that she has with humanity. I think it's befitting that time and time again, Mako brought Ryuuko to her senses because she serve's a reminder that Ryuuko can still be human/normal despite how shitty she feels about herself or how unfair the world is treating her.

Actually, I want to point out that Mako failed to bring Ryuko to reason. That's why she's making that face when Ryoko slices through with the blade. She isn't suffering from being stabbed as the show has shown us that pain is painful. She is shocked that Ryuko slashes at her at all. In fact, the only reason Ryuko is brought back to her senses is the shock that she would kill her best friend and the only reason Mako is alive is that Senketsu moves to black the scissor slash.

This is why I think this episode was good. We're seen that all attempts to rescue her failed, only when she saw how far she could sink, which could only be achieved by Mako being there, was she able to save herself.

I agree with everything you said. I personally think the hype of 21 I DIE and expectation is killing this episode for some, however, I thought it was powerful all the way through - especially inside of the church. Ryuko's face was priceless and when she finally slashed all one had to do was see Mako's face to know she couldn't believe it. It was Senketsu that saved Mako and I think the combination of the blood splattering on Ryuko (her own soaked up in Senketsu and possibly Satsuki) as well as the shock of seeing what she almost just did that pulled her out - otherwise she would have killed everyone. People say they wanted to see more bonding with Satsuki however, Ryuko still hates her and has been deceived by her and everyone else...except Mako and Senketsu - they were the only ones who have truly been friends.

Also, weren't you the person who also brought up about the assistant Rei Hououmaru possibly being the real villain? It's funny as I was having a conversation about that with someone earlier and we said how she is always there but barely mentioned. She was even shown in the final screen shot when Ryuko flew off towards Satsuki - as the person in the middle of Ragyo and Nui - maybe forshadowment? Everyone else is a psycho but she is a very peaceful looking assistant who seems out of place and how did she get to her position? Was she birthed some how or is she just very good at being controlled? Maybe I am looking too much into it but we will see - I just find it funny how with all of her disguting antics we are meant to focus totally on Ragyo and maybe that is intentional for a another twist.
Mar 8, 2014 8:25 AM

Oct 2012
As i expected, Mako saved Ryuko...again. I really wanted to see Mako using Senketsu in kamui mode
Mar 8, 2014 9:56 AM

Jul 2009
So am I the only one who thinks having evil Ryuuko around would be AWESOME? Maybe it's time to go look for some AUs ... haha XD
Good fight between Satsuki and Ryuuko ... so both of them are just "being worn" eh? Though Satsuki's plan was pretty clever ... too bad that Ryuuko's actually been SEWN TOGETHER with Junketsu O_O
Wow so the Life Fiber is alive and kicking now eh ... this will be interesting o_O
I WAS wondering why Nui didn't decide to form the scissor back together ... though I suppose we've got our answer. Didn't expect Ryuuko to cut Mako in her church thing, but I definitely expected that NOT to work ... I mean, we've seen that a lot already :S Well it did and so she tears Junketsu off herself ... so she can wear Senketsu again :P
All I can say is that these "side" changes are coming fast and furious ... personally I think I would've liked to see more of Ryuuko working with Nui and Ragyou (but then again I just love those characters XD). Guess we'll be back to having everyone team up to stop them now ...
Mar 8, 2014 10:02 AM

Jan 2013
Climactic episode yet again.
Mar 8, 2014 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
EvianBubble said:
So am I the only one who thinks having evil Ryuuko around would be AWESOME?

Nope, you're not alone.
Mar 8, 2014 10:36 AM
Feb 2014
The period is strong in this show...
~~~
Mar 8, 2014 12:33 PM

May 2012
I jumped up and screamed FUCK YES, THAT BITCH NUI IS DEAD

FUCKING 10/10 EPISODE SAVIOR OF ALL ANIME
Mar 8, 2014 1:57 PM

Mar 2010
Episode 21
brianwuzhereMar 9, 2014 3:49 PM
Mar 8, 2014 3:06 PM
Jul 2011
Titanz25 said:
Do you even know what jobbing means? Losing to characters far above you isn't jobbing actually its the opposite

Tsumugu made a big deal about his DTR like armor being the best compared to the rest and the risk it took in using then it amounted to nothing.

It's no different then when Chad gets random power hype then gets bodied by next opponent to power level hype.

Any time he gets screentime lately it's just him failing and falling on his face compared to his earlier showings in the series (even against the Nui).
Mar 8, 2014 3:06 PM
Mar 2014
I like Mako and everything but I wish she hadn't butted into the fight between Satsuki and Ryuko.

Anway, can someone correct me if I'm wrong? But doesn't Ryuko slash Senketsu in the dream sequence? If you look after the blood spews out, Senketsu shifts upward and you see Mako not wearing Senketsu. I don't think dream Mako gets hurt at all.

I personally think it was actually Senketsu who saves Ryuko, which I would be very happy with. I think Senketsu is the most important person/thing to Ryuko, after all.
Mar 8, 2014 3:14 PM

Jun 2012
Well all hope is lost for this show.
Mar 8, 2014 3:52 PM

Jan 2013
Dat yuri kiss .

5 out of 5 episode .

dragonlight said:

Why ?
Mar 8, 2014 4:03 PM

Oct 2011
dragonlight said:

Ahaha... You have One Piece as a 10... I just hope people don't fall for the bait.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Mar 8, 2014 4:29 PM

Dec 2012
Back on the Mako subject, I feel like her growing importance may have a negative impact on how the show ends. So far the majority of growing tension and conflict has been resolved due to Mako breaking up the party and distracting the attention from what's at hand. She's also been a key plot device multiple times

Seems like the potential for a big scale ending is reduced somewhat, as they have almost religiously forced her foolishness into every single key moment. Why would they exclude her from whatever kind of ending they have in store? Yeah, they probably wont
Mar 8, 2014 4:35 PM

Sep 2013
By the end of this show,

-Mako dies
-Ragyo attends the funeral and sobs

wow
Mar 8, 2014 4:47 PM

Oct 2011
Going back to what I said about drama and such before - I now realize I meant it less about the show, and more about the characters.

Every character but Mako (and by extension, her family), has been put into both comedic and serious situations. With this episode, they tried to use Mako in a serious setting, but the audience has already come to accept her as a comedic character.

They can switch between comedic and serious situations for all other characters, but for Mako - a character that has always been somewhat extremely comedic - forcing her into a dramatic event causes the event to feel shallow, and possibly even annoying.

It makes sense to use her in the way that she did - a good theory put forth by Tumblr user Zephyr explained why it had to be Mako. Link. - this also explains why Satsuki had to do the heavy lifting, and sets up the big "Sister Talk" we're going to see next episode.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Mar 8, 2014 5:50 PM
Jul 2018

MAKO SAVES THE DAY!
Mar 8, 2014 6:02 PM
Oct 2013
I wonder if there's any importance in the fact that Mako was able to enter Ryuuko's mind; things that appear as Fridge Logic in this show are often explained later.
Mar 8, 2014 8:12 PM

Apr 2012
I was kind of hoping it'd be harder to snap Ryuuko out of it this time, but I guess there aren't enough episodes left to really stretch it out.
I was pleasantly surprised when Ryuuko killed Mako in her mind, not because I dislike Mako or anything, it was just completely unexpected. Though, Mako is what got her to her senses once again, which kinda disappointed me.

I was reallyyy hoping Mako was going to transform when she put Senketsu on.
on my way to steal yo girl
Mar 8, 2014 8:18 PM

Feb 2013
I laughed when Mako got sucked in.
Mar 8, 2014 8:19 PM

Nov 2009
HalleyK said:
Anway, can someone correct me if I'm wrong? But doesn't Ryuko slash Senketsu in the dream sequence? If you look after the blood spews out, Senketsu shifts upward and you see Mako not wearing Senketsu. I don't think dream Mako gets hurt at all.

I personally think it was actually Senketsu who saves Ryuko, which I would be very happy with. I think Senketsu is the most important person/thing to Ryuko, after all.

Senketsu did save Ryuko.
Looks like neither Senketsu or Mako got cut, Senketsu is actually spitting the blood, using it to trick Ryuko to think she actually cut Mako (probably it's the blood he took from Mako sometime before that scene).

http://i.imgur.com/ZlBWjdb.jpg
ezodagromMar 8, 2014 9:00 PM
Mar 8, 2014 9:23 PM

Jul 2013
What an intense episode!!!!! Awesome Satsuki and the Elite Four!
The soundtrack when Ryuukoooooooo was tearing Junketsu woooooooow!!!!
PhinalPhlashMar 9, 2014 8:54 AM
Mar 9, 2014 5:01 AM

Apr 2012
http://static.hothdwallpaper.net/51aed4136c3ee90301.jpg
My face the whole time watching Kill la Kill. This anime is just feaking awesome.
Mar 9, 2014 5:48 AM

Jul 2008
Not the best episode but I still enjoyed it a lot :) Nui's angry expression is one of my fav that I seen from her so far :) So 1 scissor blade is a big ass blade while the other is a two-end scythe? cool :D
Mar 9, 2014 5:52 AM

Aug 2008
As usual, another awesome episode.
I never knew Satsuki-sama was wearing a Nudist Beach uniform all this time. hahahaha The Devas also put up a good fight. I'm kinda disappointed a bit since I was expecting a new Godrobe to be created by Ragyo-sama herself to fight both Ryuuko-chan and Satsuki-sama in case Junketsuu is destroyed. Also, I dunno if Nui will die next episode considering she's a Life-Fiber human although that stabbed was indeed very fatal from Ryuuko. Anyway, I can't wait for the Scissor Blade's completion. I hope the ending will not be the usual ending some people in this thread are predicting about. Trigger, PLEASE GIVE US ANOTHER PLOT TWIST! hahaha
FalloutShounen3Mar 9, 2014 5:58 AM
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Mar 9, 2014 9:44 AM

Nov 2011
Hey Wait a minute...
Was Ragyo Buttf**king Ryuko with her Chin?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Best Anime Villain 2014 Period.
Mar 9, 2014 11:12 AM

May 2011
Aaaaaa, this is too good. Now I will need to go back and resume TTGL if it is as good as this.
Mar 9, 2014 11:47 AM

Jun 2013
Epicness!!!

Ryuuko found her way again :)

Dat kiss with Harime Nui tho!
Mar 9, 2014 3:54 PM

Nov 2010
Vokoca said:
Aaaaaa, this is too good. Now I will need to go back and resume TTGL if it is as good as this.

U have to! I'm enjoying kill la kill very much but TTGL is still much better imo :)
Mar 9, 2014 5:02 PM

Aug 2012
Oh Mako, why are you so fucking awesome?
Mar 9, 2014 5:39 PM

Oct 2013
WyattEarp said:
Theu said:
Drakewinm said:
Ryuuko kinda needs her full scissors. That would make me happy

Your face when, when you realize Yui has one scissor in one hand and the other in her.

Realize that Yui can just combine them right next episode.
It begins.

Holy shit your right....

Yea actually that kinda sucks for Ryuuko then
Mar 9, 2014 5:58 PM
Oct 2007
Freakin epic. This and ttgl we can clearly see where Gainax's talent was
Mar 9, 2014 7:35 PM

May 2012
brianwuzhere said:
Episode 21

SoulfulMar 9, 2014 7:38 PM
Mar 9, 2014 7:55 PM

Nov 2012
Totally did not expect Ryuuko to rip Junketsu off of herself
Mar 9, 2014 9:07 PM

Nov 2012
So glad that Mako is actually alive. If Ryuuko actually killed her (in reality), I would've sh*t bricks!
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Mar 9, 2014 9:20 PM

Sep 2010
Ryuuko has re-found her way
Mar 10, 2014 3:04 AM
Dec 2008
Episode 22 extended preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU1BCmdBsp0
Mar 10, 2014 3:39 AM
Oct 2013
dmr said:

Nice. Oddly, another Satsuki transformation, it seems. Nui with both scissors confirmed. Ryuuko seems to be getting beaten up by covers, even while wearing Senketsu. Looking forward to this.
Mar 10, 2014 8:00 AM
Apr 2013
dmr said:

That whole preview is probably just one scene lol

Mar 10, 2014 8:04 AM
May 2012
This series is so stupid. i would drop it but there is only few episodes more, until i can complete it and give it a very low score.

This episode was disappointing. If Mako actually died this would have been great, but Trigger is afraid to kill any characters. it's sad.

BRSxIgnition said:
dragonlight said:

Ahaha... You have One Piece as a 10... I just hope people don't fall for the bait.

I'm sure One Piece is much better than this garbage. kill la kill is horrible.
Mar 10, 2014 9:10 AM

Oct 2011
Just in case people haven't seen it:

EPISODE 21 30 SEC. PREVIEW IS NOW OUT

Narration said:
A person’s life is a single tapestry.
Joy, sadness, anger, fun.
Hope, despair, regret and wishes.
Various feelings act as weaving warps.
Friendship, love, meetings and goodbyes.
Connections with people are the weft.
One by one, they are weaved together.
Two tapestries with completely different patterns will suddenly overlap.
Ryuuko and Satsuki, the tapestries of the sisters of destiny.
The thing that will put them together is…
Croquettes?!
Next time on Kill la Kill:
"Let the lips passionately talk about you"

Also - Nui doesn't keep both blades. If you pay attention, they accidentaly spoil the fact Ryuuko gets them back with this shot:

Look at the bottom. Left is the Red Blade, on the right is the... Purple Blade?
BRSxIgnitionMar 10, 2014 9:46 AM
Mar 10, 2014 9:26 AM
Jun 2013
We have translation of the extended preview for ep 22 thanks to Sushiobunny
http://sushiobunny.tumblr.com/post/79166410528/kill-la-kill-episode-22-30-second-preview
Looks like it'll indeed be a Satsuki/Ryuko bonding ep....which I greatly welcome. :)
Mar 10, 2014 9:45 AM

Oct 2011
^Added to my post above, thanks!
Mar 10, 2014 11:11 AM
Apr 2013
@ BRSx and Atameus' posts: Aaaaaw yeeeeeah

Ryuuko and Satsuki, sitting in a tree/C-R-O-Q-U-E-T...

T..E..S...Yes...less...action... more character...interaction/

Booyah.

I wonder how it'll be handled. I doubt they'll trade sob stories of fucked up childhoods but should be interesting to see how these two ladies will share the same breathing air without actually trying to kill one another.

Nakashima this is your chance. This is your chance to make me go back on my word and give this show a "great"... 8.

Mar 10, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2013
Aerostar said:
This episode was disappointing. If Mako actually died this would have been great, but Trigger is afraid to kill any characters. it's sad.

Honestly though, if Mako or Satsuki was killed by Ryuko it would screw up a lot of character interactions and that's the main problem. Why doesn't anybody see this?

How can Mako's family forgive Ryuko if she did something like this? If Satsuki died by Ryuko's hand how can the Elite Four ever hope to work together with Nudist Beach? Not to mention the Elite Four will most likely fight Ryuko maybe even to the death to avenge her.

Nonono, killing someone just like that would be actually pretty tactless, this is not the right time for something like this.
Powerful eyebrows.
Mar 10, 2014 12:21 PM

Apr 2013
Aerostar said:
This series is so stupid. i would drop it but there is only few episodes more, until i can complete it and give it a very low score.

You must be feeling excited.
Powerful eyebrows.
Mar 10, 2014 12:22 PM

Jan 2014
Aerostar said:

BRSxIgnition said:
dragonlight said:

I'm sure One Piece is much better than this garbage. kill la kill is horrible.

Haha! Troll bait!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 10, 2014 12:33 PM
Jun 2013
I wonder why we see Satsuki starting to transform at the beginning of the preview, since she doesn't have Junketsu anymore and Senketsu is Ryuko's again. Wonder if a third Kamui will make an appearance or we'll get to know what Shinra Koketsu is.
Mar 10, 2014 12:38 PM

Oct 2011
Atemues said:
I wonder why we see Satsuki starting to transform at the beginning of the preview, since she doesn't have Junketsu anymore and Senketsu is Ryuko's again. Wonder if a third Kamui will make an appearance or we'll get to know what Shinra Koketsu is.
I'm thinking that Iori finally gets to make his own Godrobe for Satsuki, and it will be made from Junketsu's life fibers.
Mar 10, 2014 1:10 PM

Nov 2011
Next Time on KLK

Ryuko and Satsuki will eat on the same table with Mako's Family
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

956 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

393 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.