Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Feb 24 - Mar 2

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 5, 2014 10:22 AM

Sep 2009
BTW. With Nisekoi having 20 eps do you think we could see Hana this June?
Mar 5, 2014 10:23 AM
Mar 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:
BTW. With Nisekoi having 20 eps do you think we could see Hana this June?

June...? Seeing Hana in the anime you mean? I don't think so. It's only going to have 20 episodes so it'll probably end with the Romeo and Juliet arc.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 5, 2014 10:26 AM

Sep 2009
I mean Shaft airing Hanamonogatari. LOL
Mar 5, 2014 11:35 AM
Dec 2010
randompadley said:
nice to see non non biyori in and around :) really loved the anime!

I second that. Cute and relaxing, much like Aria, and with sales continuing to be good, I hope that increases the chances for a second season.

Also, on the topic of Monogatari, with the way things are going, I'm not sure any of us will actually live long enough to see Kizumonogatari on screen :( .
Mar 5, 2014 3:07 PM

May 2012
Machine-Doll deserve more than that. I just hope that there is second season
Mar 5, 2014 3:42 PM

Sep 2012
thepath said:
Machine-Doll deserve more than that. I just hope that there is second season
It needs more than just a second season... they only covered 3/13 novels so far (14 on the way at least) so there is already 3 more seasons worth of material available. Those sales just aren't going to cut it, I'm afraid, if past anime sales from the members of that production committee are anything to go by. I was hoping for a huge novel sales boost but volume 13 doesn't seem to have got it.
Mar 5, 2014 4:25 PM

Dec 2012
ichii_1 said:
There hasn't been a high selling single (50 k), except for idol stuff, for a while now, maybe they're waiting for the spring season.

Last season, Valvrave 2 OP sold more than 100k.
Mar 5, 2014 7:10 PM

Aug 2013
Wish I could get the Wake Up, Girls! movie. I really enjoyed it.
Mar 5, 2014 7:22 PM

Sep 2012
Seriousti said:
Wish I could get the Wake Up, Girls! movie. I really enjoyed it.
It's really cheap, 3800 yen (no taxes), probably cheaper with a discount on amazon. Just if you're interested. The script is fun too.
Mar 5, 2014 8:38 PM
Mar 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Oops my bad. Sorry. xD
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 6, 2014 2:22 AM

Sep 2012
phoenixalia said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Oops my bad. Sorry. xD
So many Hanas, only so few Shaft animators and they have to do Mekaku City Actors which is probably why Nisekoi is just 1.5 cour for now.

Seems Shaft can't do a 2-cour show without recap episodes, still! After all these years they can't seem to do an episode a week for half a year without falling behind. 20 episodes seems to be their limit, or 26 episodes with 4-5 recaps.
Mar 6, 2014 2:54 AM
Mar 2010
hpulley said:
So many Hanas, only so few Shaft animators and they have to do Mekaku City Actors which is probably why Nisekoi is just 1.5 cour for now.

Seems Shaft can't do a 2-cour show without recap episodes, still! After all these years they can't seem to do an episode a week for half a year without falling behind. 20 episodes seems to be their limit, or 26 episodes with 4-5 recaps.

It first for Nisekoi since if you remove the filler chapters, it'll end in a nice place.
So in Spring the have Mekaku City Actors and then after that, Hanamonogatari?
Mar 6, 2014 3:19 AM

Sep 2012
phoenixalia said:
...So in Spring the have Mekaku City Actors and then after that, Hanamonogatari?
So far the only green-lit projects I think we have for Shaft are Mekaku City Actors and Monogatari Series Second Season +α (Hanamonogatari) plus Kizumonogatari if that still counts. I think Prism Nana isn't really an anime even though it is still in the database here.

So... I expect that we'll see Hanamonogatari later this year and if we're really good boys and girls, maybe even the Kizumonogatari movie before we die of old age...
Mar 6, 2014 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
***,167位/***,220位 ★ (---,--- pt) [*,**0予約] 2014/06/13 ロボットガールズZ VOL.1 [Blu-ray]

Robot girl Z BD/DVD got listed. Here is hoping it keeps a decent rank until it gets released.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Mar 6, 2014 9:03 AM

Feb 2014
The Freezing Vibration's sales are terrible O_O
Mar 6, 2014 9:05 AM
May 2013
jmal said:
Full anime DVD/BD sales for 02/24 - 03/02: http://www.someanithing.com/?p=937

Yearly, seasonal, vol 1, quick view, etc rankings will update tonight as per usual.

Thanks jmal. Would it make sense to attribute some of the drop for NagiAsu for v3 to volumes 1 and 2 having an event extra while volume 3 does not?

Golden Time...oh well...
Mar 6, 2014 5:58 PM

Nov 2009
im relieved that little busters are raking sales decently...~Refrain~ really seems to be saving them

Mar 6, 2014 9:36 PM
Dec 2010
phoenixalia said:

No one ATM knows for sure what SHAFT's intentions for Hanamonogatari is, whether it will be an OVA, Movie or whatever. IMHO it would be pretty stupid for SHAFT to release it before Kizumonogatari since the Hanamonogatari book is usually considered the black sheep of all the books and something not really worth animating. Satoru Kosaki's health problems is another major issue as it's hard to imagine anyone else composing the music for Monogatari.
Mar 6, 2014 9:45 PM
Mar 2010
scytheavatar said:

No one ATM knows for sure what SHAFT's intentions for Hanamonogatari is, whether it will be an OVA, Movie or whatever. IMHO it would be pretty stupid for SHAFT to release it before Kizumonogatari since the Hanamonogatari book is usually considered the black sheep of all the books and something not really worth animating. Satoru Kosaki's health problems is another major issue as it's hard to imagine anyone else composing the music for Monogatari.

I see. Thanks for the information.
Mar 7, 2014 1:49 AM

Dec 2011
scytheavatar said:
phoenixalia said:

Hanamonogatari has higher recorded sales than Onimonogatari and Otorimonogatari, though, and barely below the first volume of Owarimonogatari (and it's looking like beating Owari 2). Sure it's in the lower tier of sales for that series, but it doesn't stand out as significantly weaker sales-wise than various other volumes.

Unfortunately we don't have any data for Kizumonogatari - which came out at a time when if you started talking about a 'monogatari' light novel series, it would probably be assumed that you were talking about saiunkoku monogatari. Even if we did have data for that period it would thus probably be no more than 30k or so total sales.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 7, 2014 4:24 AM

Sep 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
Hanamonogatari has higher recorded sales than Onimonogatari and Otorimonogatari, though, and barely below the first volume of Owarimonogatari (and it's looking like beating Owari 2). Sure it's in the lower tier of sales for that series, but it doesn't stand out as significantly weaker sales-wise than various other volumes.

Unfortunately we don't have any data for Kizumonogatari - which came out at a time when if you started talking about a 'monogatari' light novel series, it would probably be assumed that you were talking about saiunkoku monogatari. Even if we did have data for that period it would thus probably be no more than 30k or so total sales.
I don't know if novel sales per arc have much to do with disc sales. So far in Monogatari Series Second Season, the disc sales have followed the common pattern, first volume sales a bit higher, the rest a bit lower but fairly consistent. No Nadeko/Kana bump this time like Bakemonogatari.

I still think it's shocking that they didn't release Kizu movie in 2012 fall. That would have been the right time, still not before Nisemonogatari but at least doing so before Neko Kuro... It's crazy that they had to skip so many scenes in Second Season that don't make sense without Kizu... though at least that gave Shaft an excuse to animate even less since they were obviously quite strapped for time with all those summary recap episodes.

Releasing Hana before Kizu would be weird but less so than doing what they've already done, releasing Kabuki and Oni before Kizu...

OTOH, the books themselves are written in such a bizarre order that it may not matter in what order they are animated. Owarimonogatari is completely mis-named as far as that is concerned...
Mar 7, 2014 4:26 AM
May 2013
jmal said:
Hahalollawl said:
Thanks jmal. Would it make sense to attribute some of the drop for NagiAsu for v3 to volumes 1 and 2 having an event extra while volume 3 does not?

It didn't really drop tho, which is the positive thing. In the comments I talked about this a bit:
"It looks like a drop because of the DVDs not ranking but this is only 80 BD copies below v2, so the event ticket drop is essentially non-existent. Should be consistent from here on out, I’d think! 4k average will be tough but it’s possible."

DVDs did drop mildly, probably by 100-150 I'd guess (since the threshold was about 100 lower this week that what v2 sold on DVD) but overall, no noteworthy drop for v3.

Oops maybe I was thinking it did significantly worse compared to the total sales of v1 and v2 rather than the 1st week sales, but those had strong tails huh (in the case of v1 the word "tail" might not do it justice lol). Also, the stalker estimate for v3 was >3k I thought, but I'm not sure if that is a total estimate or for week 1?

By the way jmal, I think you might want to change "Kimi ni Iru Machi" to Kimi no Iru Machi.
Mar 7, 2014 8:36 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
Hahalollawl said:
By the way jmal, I think you might want to change "Kimi ni Iru Machi" to Kimi no Iru Machi.

I will never type that correctly, I type "ni" all the time everywhere, gah. Need to go through and fix that.
Kimi ni Todoke on your mind?
Mar 7, 2014 10:19 AM
May 2013
jmal said:
hpulley said:
jmal said:
Hahalollawl said:

I will never type that correctly, I type "ni" all the time everywhere, gah. Need to go through and fix that.
Kimi ni Todoke on your mind?

I think all the 'i' sounds of "kimi ni iru machi" are just more pleasing to my ears, so my brain keeps thinking that's the title, grammar be damned. =P

Yeah, I saw it in so many places I was like hmmm...I wonder if jmal knows it's not spelled correctly lol.

On a totally different topic, is Minori Chihara popular as a singer? Her OP for Nobunaga the Fool actually did pretty well right?
Mar 7, 2014 12:01 PM
Jul 2013
sauteed_roaches said:
im relieved that little busters are raking sales decently...~Refrain~ really seems to be saving them

Sales are on par with the first season. I'd say that Refrain is meeting expectations (which is quite ideal for a sequel), but there's nothing extraordinary going on. It's certainly not "saving" LB, not that it needed any saving in the first place.
Mar 7, 2014 1:07 PM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
Yause said:
sauteed_roaches said:

Sales are on par with the first season. I'd say that Refrain is meeting expectations (which is quite ideal for a sequel), but there's nothing extraordinary going on. It's certainly not "saving" LB, not that it needed any saving in the first place.

I also read it at first as "the second season is saving the Litbus anime franchise" but realized what they meant is "The second season is selling well, the Refrain OVAs bundled with the discs are keeping second season sales numbers up".
But they aren't Refrain OVAs, they're EX OVAs ;)
Mar 7, 2014 11:00 PM
May 2013
jmal said:
Hahalollawl said:
On a totally different topic, is Minori Chihara popular as a singer? Her OP for Nobunaga the Fool actually did pretty well right?

As far as anisong goes, she's fairly successful.
http://www20.atwiki.jp/keroro00innovator/pages/687.html

Scroll down to ランキング. 7 releases over 20k, 19 over 10k and the Nobunaga OP will join that group in a week or two.

Lol wow 7 releases over 20k and a lot over 10k is "fairly successful"? You've got high standards for success! Or maybe I just have low standards lol. I was under the impression getting over 20k at least once made you pretty successful, so 7 times seems impressive to me...
Mar 8, 2014 6:56 PM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
Hahalollawl said:
Lol wow 7 releases over 20k and a lot over 10k is "fairly successful"? You've got high standards for success! Or maybe I just have low standards lol. I was under the impression getting over 20k at least once made you pretty successful, so 7 times seems impressive to me...

I don't follow music sales as much to know how this compares, so I just wanted to be reserved in my wording.
For me it comes down to the questions of, can we compare her to Mizuki Nana? To AKB48?

Does it matter if the anime itself is going to tank? Are Lia's sales for Justitia going to be good or bad because of or despite the sales level of the anime discs for Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil?
Mar 8, 2014 9:41 PM
Dec 2013
Man.....Tesagure 2 is really consistently ranking good. I hope someone will sub it for the international crowd. Show is really good.

Didn't notice RGZ is already solicited. It was 150th on the first day but 500th now. I hope it will sell decent.
Mar 9, 2014 11:34 AM
May 2013
hpulley said:
For me it comes down to the questions of, can we compare her to Mizuki Nana? To AKB48?

Does it matter if the anime itself is going to tank? Are Lia's sales for Justitia going to be good or bad because of or despite the sales level of the anime discs for Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil?

Aww come on though, do we really need to compare her to that kind of success? I guess at some point it may just be semantics/opinion, but isn't having more than a few 20k or more sellers a reasonable point at which you could consider her to be a very successful singer? Not a STAR perhaps, but still very successful right?

saskibrand said:
NICE POST. anyways, JOBLESS? visit us @ http://www.unemployedpinoys.com/

I didn't think it was particularly noteworthy, to be honest. Are you referring to one of hpulley or jmal's posts? Those guys are silly don't listen to them. Maybe you got low standards Advertiser bot erhem saskibrand.

P.S. Have advertising bots gotten smarter or something? Like at least this "user" posted something that could be vaguely relevant to a thread before switching to the advertisement lol.
Mar 9, 2014 11:54 AM

Sep 2010
Loving Little Busters! EX if it wasn't for that the sales would still be about the same cause wasn't first season around 10k per volume as well?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 9, 2014 12:31 PM

Nov 2011
Estimations for next week's releases - link

It will one hell of a death week.

Mar 9, 2014 3:16 PM
May 2013
rederoin said:
Estimations for next week's releases - link

It will one hell of a death week.

Look on the bright side, doesn't this mean we have a better chance at seeing tails on the releases from last week? (NagiAsu plz!)
Mar 9, 2014 3:31 PM

Nov 2011
True, but I think NagiAsu would also have a 2nd week in a normal week. A series needs to be selling badly for it not to get a 2nd week, unless that 2nd week is in a extremely busy week(threshold at 500/600~).

volare1 said:
Man.....Tesagure 2 is really consistently ranking good. I hope someone will sub it for the international crowd. Show is really good.

Didn't notice RGZ is already solicited. It was 150th on the first day but 500th now. I hope it will sell decent.

It just got another boost

***,*49位/***,*49位 ★ (**1,782 pt) [*,157予約] 2014/04/23 てさぐれ! 部活もの あんこーる Vol.1 [Blu-ray]

Mar 10, 2014 3:04 AM
Dec 2013
Love Live re-releases are now solicited. Will the re-releases be included and added to the 2013 Love Live average? Just like the GuP standard editions are added with GuP's average?
Mar 10, 2014 7:34 AM

Dec 2012
^ It's essentially the same thing, so it should be added to the running average. Vol.5 was out of print the last time so it ranks 4th on the pre-order list today. Spoiler for list.

Mar 10, 2014 7:42 AM

Nov 2011
Its currently ranked 1#, actually.

**1位/**2位 ★ (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 14/05/28 ラブライブ! 5 <特装限定版> [Blu-ray]

Mar 10, 2014 7:51 AM

Apr 2010
Hopefully they can add a few more thousand per volume and put its final sales into the mid 30ks

Mar 10, 2014 1:10 PM

Apr 2010
Even if you don't count it, I and most people surely will. Its the exact same release at the same price, so its the same thing.... they're just reprinting it since they were low on stock. If you're not going to count these, you shouldn't count the extra sales its compiled last couple weeks either

Mar 10, 2014 1:39 PM

Sep 2012
The packaging is important in this case. It has all the important extras, tickets to past concert events don't matter. The CD bonus singles and books, digipacks are the important things compared to the REs which just have a standard Bluray box and a Bluray instead. They are even including the Loveca+ cards... It is not being re-released as a 'singles' boxed set in my mind as boxed sets never include all the bonus items.
Mar 10, 2014 2:09 PM

Nov 2011
Updated the winter 2014 estimates - link

Such a shame about Nobunaga the Fool. And dat' Tesagure! boost

Mar 10, 2014 3:24 PM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
If you're not going to count these, you shouldn't count the extra sales its compiled last couple weeks either

There are reasonable arguments to be made in favor of including it but this definitely isn't one. This makes no sense.

Why isn't this one? You're picking and choosing which sales to count. Why are sales from now allowed but not sales it has in a few months? If its the same release, it should all count, whether its back when it first released, a few months later, or even a few years later. Its only should be separated if its being released differently, like with a lower priced box set or something. In reality, this is just a reprinting of the original series since there were stock issues.
RyanSaotomeMar 10, 2014 3:37 PM

Mar 10, 2014 4:43 PM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
If its the same release

But that's the question that needs to be answered. Either way comparing a reissue 8+ months later under different SKUs to lingering long tail stock from the initial release that happened to sell out after renewed interest doesn't work. of course they're different. The question is whether the reissue is similar enough to count in the average, or do in the re-release column.

Check the extras:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00IUC0JY2
http://tinyurl.com/m9kfy2n

They're the same except for the event ticket. I'd say they are similar enough to count... this isn't just some bare bones re-release a while later like GuP was.

Mar 10, 2014 5:46 PM
Jul 2018
So the monogatari series as always are topping the sales. Not a big surprise there.

I'm kinda surprised Valvrave is bombing right there. I know its going to be lower than the amount the Gundam Series and Code Geass series sold but I thought it might just be around the 10k threshold.
Mar 10, 2014 5:51 PM

Sep 2011
man sunrise is gonna be losing a ton of money because of buddy complex, its already clearly a high budget show from how the fight scenes look. but now the news that its a split cour series they are gonna be taking even bigger of a hit. I mean its not like the show deserves to sell well but still

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 10, 2014 5:56 PM

Nov 2011
Black2knight said:
So the monogatari series as always are topping the sales. Not a big surprise there.

I'm kinda surprised Valvrave is bombing right there. I know its going to be lower than the amount the Gundam Series and Code Geass series sold but I thought it might just be around the 10k threshold.

The first volume of the 2nd season sold 3.8k, its hardly bombing.

Mar 11, 2014 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
rederoin said:
Black2knight said:

The first volume of the 2nd season sold 3.8k, its hardly bombing.

Compared to other Sunrise series like Tiger and Bunny, Mai Hime, Love Live etc its pretty bad.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - 6 hours ago

0 by Aiimee »»
6 hours ago

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
7 hours ago

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
8 hours ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

8 by DARM11 »»
10 hours ago

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.