Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 27, 2014 10:02 PM
Jan 2014
WHat made me think Mako was gonna put on Senketsu and go out there.
Feb 27, 2014 10:03 PM

Mar 2013
Glad I saved that fanart of them wearing each other's Kamui.

Also, Senketsu was kinda cute with that: "I'm the only Kamui that Ryuko should wear!" sentence he almost finished.

EDIT:
Also... uh... when were the previews supposed to stop being a part of the episodes...?
Feb 27, 2014 10:09 PM
Jul 2018
What a tease episode! Well, it is better then having them fight a bit then cut out due to time constraints, so I'll take it. Every episode seems to build up, more and more. I can't even imagine what kind of fight J. Ryuuko vs S. Satsuki will be like...next week is going to be one crazy week.
Feb 27, 2014 10:10 PM

Jul 2013
Burrdo said:
Hoshimaru57 said:
Nobody ever expected through all this, Ryuko to be the villain.
(Well dragon)

So Ryuko unlocks true Junketsu, does that mean Satsuki can unlock true Senketsu?

She's not the villain. She's still the protagonist, and Satsuki has always been the deuteragonist (good or bad). Being mind broken and having changed memories doesn't switch the side she's on. They probably took more care in mind controlling her this time around, making it almost seem like she did it out of her own will (since last time she just brute forced her way out of the control). That being said, it's sad that from the beginning Ryuuko has always just been strung along for someone else's desires.

This episode was pretty great, and Satsuki's escape remind of MGS. I don't think she'll be able to unlock Senketsu (since she's not another life-fiber doll, nor can she communicate with him), and I'm
willing to bet this part of the story ends with Junketsu getting destroyed.

At this point you may want to hold your "predictions". I really won't be surprised if Ryuuko ends up as the final boss and Satsuki the hero. Right now all we can do is sit tight and wait for next week.
Feb 27, 2014 10:13 PM
Apr 2008
Great episode and a real emotional roller coaster ride, things are just getting increasingly exciting.

The start of the episode was quite depressing; Ryuuko has just completely lost it and even Mako who up till now has never failed to get Ryuuko to keep it together fails to snap Ryuuko out of her angst. That false memory sequence was equally depressing to watch. I hope things will get better for Ryuuko by the end of this series.

Now that Ryuuko has lost her way thanks to Ragyou and Nui's manipulation, Satsuki is now, at least temporarily, the hero of this story. I like how they conveyed that change in both characters' status. During the last scene of this episode, Ryuuko is standing on a higher platform than Satsuki, the reverse of the previous status.

Satsuki is hardcore as usual. She doesn't need a weapon to kick ass: all she needs to take out the COVERS aliens are just two of her toenails. Granted those toenails are small pieces of the Bakuzan, but it's still really impressive seeing as she's butt naked and handcuffed and of course has just survived being tormented by Ragyou for a month.

We also finally get an explanation for Nui's power. Nui is also a life fiber infused being, but unlike Ryuuko and Ragyou she was born from the original life fiber, making her the daughter of the original Life Fiber.

I love the way the music was used during this episode, especially during the scenes where the Elite Four jump out of the helicopter to help Satsuki as well as the revelation of Satsuki wearing Senketsu.

The S.S Naked Sun looks really cool in contrast to the Nudist Beach mechs which I find to be a bit silly looking. I hope the heroes will get to use it more during the last few episodes.
Feb 27, 2014 10:19 PM
Nov 2013
I really like Kill la Kill, but the one thing that I wish this anime could do better is take itself seriously. There are some really serious moments in this anime, but when you throw in bad dialogue from Aikuro "Glowing nipples" Mikisugi and Mako "Worst comic relief since Jar Jar Binks" Mankanshoku, the serious moments leave almost zero impact.
As for this episode in particular, it's honestly just starting to feel like bad fanfiction at this point. Sure it still has the same mindless action of Gurren Lagann, but they're adding so many unnecessary plot points that it's just starting to feel cheesy.
Plus, if what happens in the next episode is what I think is going to happen, then this entire "Ryuko is a monster" arc will be entirely pointless
Feb 27, 2014 10:24 PM

Dec 2013
vengy117 said:
I really like Kill la Kill, but the one thing that I wish this anime could do better is take itself seriously. There are some really serious moments in this anime, but when you throw in bad dialogue from Aikuro "Glowing nipples" Mikisugi and Mako "Worst comic relief since Jar Jar Binks" Mankanshoku, the serious moments leave almost zero impact.
As for this episode in particular, it's honestly just starting to feel like bad fanfiction at this point. Sure it still has the same mindless action of Gurren Lagann, but they're adding so many unnecessary plot points that it's just starting to feel cheesy.
Plus, if what happens in the next episode is what I think is going to happen, then this entire "Ryuko is a monster" arc will be entirely pointless

This anime hasn't been serious since episode 1. Never will be.
Combating against hoax MAL accounts and intentional down voting of objectively great anime. Pls join
Feb 27, 2014 10:27 PM
Feb 2014
Burrdo said:
grub said:
Burrdo said:
Hoshimaru57 said:
That being said, it's sad that from the beginning Ryuuko has always just been strung along for someone else's desires.

Which is why she'd make such a good tragic villain if they really wanted to rock that path until the end. That's how you make them. Take good people, and find the one sad way to make them crack.

She cracked, but being mean to Senketsu doesn't make you a villain. I don't think I could call her a villain just because she's quite literally a puppet at the moment. Even after her rage-fit when she woke up she still had the same goal as she did before, which was to kill Ragyo only now sans Senketsu. That only changed once Ragyo and Nui tag teamed her with Junketsu and KO'd her brain. It'd be tragic (and kind of funny) if that route stays and Ryuuko has to bite it, but I just couldn't call her a villain because of it. Just a loss.

She isn't a villain now, but if they can't break her out of her brainwashing then she will be -- especially if she kills someone -- which is why it'd be tragic because she is supposed to be a good person, but she was always getting **** on, which made her so vulnerable in the first place. Good, but boneheaded, messed up, young and lonely, and she never got to do the things she wanted to do with her life. That's the tragic part. And because of those weaknesses, she couldn't stop herself and got lured into being the puppet of the people she hated. She could redeem herself in the very end, but I absolutely could see her doing irreparable harm. She has just the right kind of history and mind to break in this particular fashion, and then not have the strength to unbreak herself before she's done too much.

But all odds, nothing will come of this but a cool battle. There's probably not enough time (or desire on the team's part) to get that complex.
Feb 27, 2014 10:34 PM

Apr 2013
Ugh, right. I hope stupid Mako won't intervene their business.

Not like I hate Mako, but her apperance at most vital scenes really cut the fun, though
Tatakai~
Feb 27, 2014 10:47 PM

Apr 2013
Also I just have to mention that the "flashback" scene when Ragyo forced Ryuko to wear Junketsu was pretty heart-wrenching. It was the false memories of a normal childhood with a loving mother she wished she had. It's going to be hard to watch Ryuko being forced into reality.
Powerful eyebrows.
Feb 27, 2014 10:52 PM

Nov 2011
My Wishes have become True

I officially love this damn show

+

some EVA shit in that fake flashback
ssjathenaFeb 28, 2014 12:06 AM
Feb 27, 2014 10:54 PM

Dec 2013
Wonder how Satsuki will look like once she transforms o.o
Combating against hoax MAL accounts and intentional down voting of objectively great anime. Pls join
Feb 27, 2014 10:57 PM
Feb 2014
god i really hope ryuuko goes back to normal. i personally found that they looked weird in each others kamuis
"The sky is my world... the kid gloves are off, YOU STINKING BITCH!!!"

-Jakuzure Nonon
Feb 27, 2014 11:32 PM

Dec 2012
The plot twist in this anime is truely murderous
Ryuko and satsuki exchanged their kamui
Harime Nui is also Ryuko's sister
I did not mean to harm anyone feeling or criticize the point of view of other. These are my point of views.
Feb 27, 2014 11:36 PM

Dec 2013
14noah said:
The plot twist in this anime is truely murderous
Ryuko and satsuki exchanged their kamui
Harime Nui is also Ryuko's sister

What Nui is not her sister. She was made from the original fiber. She doesn't have Kiryuin blood.
Feb 27, 2014 11:36 PM

Dec 2011
Yeah!!! Ryukko as the villain and my queen, Satsuki as the main heroine!! I can't believe it's ending in four eps just as I've gotten everything I've wanted..
Feb 27, 2014 11:41 PM

Mar 2012
That scene with Ryuko and Junketsu was pretty heartbreaking and that ending is looking like more and more of a death flag to me.
Feb 27, 2014 11:41 PM

May 2013
wow, after watching the most recent ep I have to say this show though really has climbed its way up in terms of my review score. I had it projected at around a 5 (average) through the first 10ish episodes. But it has slowly worked its way up to maybe even the 7 range for sure (great. don't take a 7 lightly, shows like Durarara, Angels Beats, and Usagi Drop are in this range). I HIGHLY doubt it will ever get into the 8 range (Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, Madoka Magica) because that first half did hold it back, and I can't just ignore that, but still, I haven't seen many shows that have been able to improve so well over the course of the show.
Feb 27, 2014 11:59 PM

Apr 2013
TravSavage said:
looking like more and more of a death flag to me.

That's what I thought... :(
Powerful eyebrows.
Feb 28, 2014 12:04 AM

Nov 2011
BTW
anyone noticed Ragyo molesting Ryuko @ 18:26
Feb 28, 2014 12:05 AM
Jan 2013
I don`t get something. Maybe it has been discussed here. Sōichirō said all the things he could about life fibers to Satsuki when she was aged 5.We see Ragyo experiment on Satsuki when she was 1 year old. She can`t fuse with life fibers, so Ragyo used Ryuko when she was still a newborn. At that time Satsuki was maybe 1.5 years old . But we see Sōichirō leaving with Ryuko when she was still little( under a year old). That makes it impossible for him to say anything to Satsuki , when she was 5 years old. I don`t get it. Did someone find a explanation ?
Feb 28, 2014 12:13 AM

Apr 2011
JerichoDeath said:
Glad I saved that fanart of them wearing each other's Kamui.

Also, Senketsu was kinda cute with that: "I'm the only Kamui that Ryuko should wear!" sentence he almost finished.

EDIT:
Also... uh... when were the previews supposed to stop being a part of the episodes...?

Last episode. Senketsu even told you that they were going to stop having the previews as part of the episodes. They're still released online tho.
Feb 28, 2014 12:16 AM
Oct 2012
The king has returned
Feb 28, 2014 12:24 AM

Mar 2013
Blind_Guardian said:

Last episode. Senketsu even told you that they were going to stop having the previews as part of the episodes. They're still released online tho.

And yet, this episode had a preview in it.
Watch after the credits, and there it is.
Feb 28, 2014 12:29 AM

Dec 2010
This series continues to get more intense. We have 4 episodes left, and they will indeed be an epic 4 episodes, with lots of battles for everyone!

Also did anyone notice that there was sort of graphic nudity on Ryuko when she was being forced into Junketsu? Sure it was like Mantaro's nudity a few episodes ago, but it was more graphic than what I expected!
Feb 28, 2014 12:47 AM

Apr 2008
Satsuki looks good, and younger, with Senketsu
Ryuuko, probably wont look so good with the normal Junketsu

The magic of sailor uniform
Feb 28, 2014 12:49 AM

Feb 2012
Satsuki will sacrifice herself to bring Ryuuko back and Ryuuko should have been a bad guy from the beginning.
Feb 28, 2014 1:20 AM

Jun 2013
AWESSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOMNESSSS PACKED EPISODE.

JerichoDeath said:
Blind_Guardian said:

And yet, this episode had a preview in it.
Watch after the credits, and there it is.

Because you're watching it from HorribleSubs and HS rips it from Crunchyroll=Internet=Web.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Feb 28, 2014 1:21 AM

Oct 2011
With all this memory re-writing stuff going on, I wrote a theory that may end up coming true if TRIGGER really wants to go the "Character Drama" route with this.

Please check out my theory here

... and leave your thoughts!
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Feb 28, 2014 1:31 AM

Feb 2013
Kamui exchange, the epicness continues.
Feb 28, 2014 1:35 AM

Mar 2013
Riez said:

Because you're watching it from HorribleSubs and HS rips it from Crunchyroll=Internet=Web.

I thought the web previews were supposed to be 30 seconds long?
Also, the episode is exactly the same length as the previous one with the preview there. Why would they cut out the preview and not make the show any longer?
Feb 28, 2014 2:37 AM
Oct 2013
Another great episode. Can't wait for the next one.
Feb 28, 2014 2:40 AM

Jan 2014
Glad I've stuck with this series, the story progression has kicked up a notch in the 2nd half of the series. Wasn't expecting it to transition from fun/over the top action to having a serious/solid plot line.

Mikisugi, still able to take the intense atmosphere to somewhat light-hearted, his screen time is always enjoyable.

Feb 28, 2014 2:44 AM

Apr 2013
"Screw you! Don't add yourself to my growing list of siblings!"
^That line
Feb 28, 2014 2:56 AM

Dec 2013
i loved the episode for the most part, but i was disappointed they went the " mind-conrtol" route. it would have been way more compelling if ryuko switched sides on her own. they had already gone out of their way to show that she's going through an intense personal crisis and doubting everything. it totally felt like they were grooming her to become the villain since pretty early on. i sorta wanted to see the show legitimately become "ryuko vs the world"
Feb 28, 2014 2:58 AM
Apr 2013
I have finally had a watch of this episode and I can safely say that that was BORING AS HELL!

Hardly.

I was laughing throughout the episode, the action was crazy, Satsuki running around in her birthday suit was awesome, seeing Ryuuko in a wedding dress was awesome and then the mother of all treats Satsuki wears Senketsu and Ryuuko wears Junketsu.

This wasn't an action packed episode it was just PACKED and BURSTING on all fucking fronts, action, emotion (Ryuuko crying, really hurt to see that), comedy, fan-service (the yummy kind), nice character interactions...phew.

I kept pausing to look at how much of the episode had elapsed and kept groaning at what I saw.

I'm not sure I could've handled this show if it had maintained this pace throughout.

Wow.

Feb 28, 2014 3:00 AM
Feb 2014
I hope Satsuki can communicate with Senketsu just like Ryuko, they're sisters after all...
Feb 28, 2014 3:17 AM

Feb 2014
It hurts to see Ryuko like that.. It maybe be badass and interesting too see an evil Ryuko but like someone said she's just been a tool for other to use.. Her life has been crap and its been a huge lie.. Her existence as a human was a lie now she's being brainwashed to destroy her friends allies and her family.. It sucks because she dropped her "avenger" mentality to a "hero" one.. She was finally getting the big picture then this happens

I like Satsuki but Ryuko has pretty much been my second favorite character(Ragyo comes first) in some ways I can relate to her and she pretty much shows the most amount of emotions in the anime

She desperately needs an ass beating then some comfort from both Senketsu and Satsuki alone.. And I mean those two alone.. No mako nor NB.. Hell I'd rather have Mako's family do it than her
Feb 28, 2014 3:28 AM

Oct 2013
a really great ep! but...
btw, a 10/10 ep.
Feb 28, 2014 3:41 AM
Dec 2012
vengy117 said:

Yeah. It was kinda like a fanfic.
Feb 28, 2014 3:48 AM

Jul 2010
Another AWESOME Episode !
Watching Ryouko's happiness which she wants to was very sad I guess. It explained as well why the first ending was like that. Unfortunately, it was just a brainwashing.
I thought Nui died for a moment. I wish she died. She's just a pain in the ass >>
Roles are changed. It looks like this is gonna be a good fight because of their badassness .. Although the Badass Ryouko now is an enemy, I like her more than before, it looks so cool.

Has anybody known the name of that music in the middle of the anime ?
LilyWeissFeb 28, 2014 3:51 AM
Feb 28, 2014 3:53 AM

Jan 2014
Shinjiisawesome said:
I don`t get something. Maybe it has been discussed here. Sōichirō said all the things he could about life fibers to Satsuki when she was aged 5.We see Ragyo experiment on Satsuki when she was 1 year old. She can`t fuse with life fibers, so Ragyo used Ryuko when she was still a newborn. At that time Satsuki was maybe 1.5 years old . But we see Sōichirō leaving with Ryuko when she was still little( under a year old). That makes it impossible for him to say anything to Satsuki , when she was 5 years old. I don`t get it. Did someone find a explanation ?

Actually, go back to the episode and you'll see that Ryuko is pretty grown up by the time Soichiro changes to Isshin. She has full grown hair and a larger size.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 28, 2014 3:55 AM

Jan 2014
myd10oz said:
Watching Ryouko's happiness which she wants to was very sad I guess. It explained as well why the first ending was like that. Unfortunately, it was just a brainwashing.
I thought Nui died for a moment. I wish she died. She's just a pain in the ass >>
Roles are changed. It looks like this is gonna be a good fight because of their badassness .. Although the Badass Ryouko now is an enemy, I like her more than before, it looks so cool.

The second part of the OST won't be released until the series is over. I'm looking forward to it though, but at the same time I don't want the series to end. It still feels like it just started yesterday.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 28, 2014 3:59 AM

Jul 2010
RedRoseFring said:
myd10oz said:

The second part of the OST won't be released until the series is over. I'm looking forward to it though, but at the same time I don't want the series to end. It still feels like it just started yesterday.

I also feel like that. That's a good series and it's getting better. Now, I'll wait for the new OST .
Feb 28, 2014 4:08 AM

Feb 2014
thedryness said:
i loved the episode for the most part, but i was disappointed they went the " mind-conrtol" route. it would have been way more compelling if ryuko switched sides on her own. they had already gone out of their way to show that she's going through an intense personal crisis and doubting everything. it totally felt like they were grooming her to become the villain since pretty early on. i sorta wanted to see the show legitimately become "ryuko vs the world"

Her switching sides of her own accord wouldn't sit well with me because she's rejected Nui and Ragyo to the point of wanting them both dead.. It would be a head scratching "wtf" moment if that happened.. At best you could've had the Ryuko(by herself) vs Revocs with no help from NB which is what happened till the brainwashing.. I never felt that she was built up to be a villain but more of a tragic character..
Feb 28, 2014 4:19 AM
Jan 2013
RedRoseFring said:
Shinjiisawesome said:

Actually, go back to the episode and you'll see that Ryuko is pretty grown up by the time Soichiro changes to Isshin. She has full grown hair and a larger size.

Ok. But how did Soichiro keep Ryuko for so long ,without Ragyo finding out? I`m talking about the time between Ragyo throwing her in the trash and Soichiro escaping with her.
ShinjiisawesomeFeb 28, 2014 4:22 AM
Feb 28, 2014 4:23 AM
Feb 2014
JerichoDeath said:
Riez said:

I thought the web previews were supposed to be 30 seconds long?
Also, the episode is exactly the same length as the previous one with the preview there. Why would they cut out the preview and not make the show any longer?

That's because it's taken up by the commercial for the next cour anime in the original airing. Apparently we're not getting any extra minutes from KLK, sadly.

As for the 30sec preview, we're probably getting it later in the week
Feb 28, 2014 4:27 AM

Jun 2012
Satsuki > Ryuko anytime
Feb 28, 2014 4:35 AM

Jun 2009
fiber swapping!!
Feb 28, 2014 4:39 AM

Sep 2013
i love every episooooode!
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

956 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

393 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.