Forum Settings
Forums
Fuuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2014 6:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A childhood and superstar. Oh boy.
Feb 22, 2014 6:17 AM

Oct 2013
Wasn't something like that in Suzuka too?
Feb 22, 2014 6:21 AM

Dec 2013
Hm.. Koyuki sure reminds me of someone..
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 22, 2014 6:26 AM

Aug 2012
Childhood friend again.. really.

Yuu-kun showing his lame side again by being so assumptive. And wait... he is indeed "kind". Wow. Nothing else good about him that will make Fuuka fall in love on him? Oh well. I'm reading this manga because I want to be tortured anyway.
Feb 22, 2014 6:30 AM

Dec 2013
julyan04 said:

Yuu-kun showing his lame side again by being so assumptive. And wait... he is indeed "kind". Wow. Nothing else good about him that will make Fuuka fall in love on him? Oh well. I'm reading this manga because I want to be tortured anyway.

Yeah. I'm not sure about his "kindness" as well.. More like poking his nose into other people's business. I haven't dislike him yet though
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 22, 2014 6:32 AM
Dec 2013
and also from what the latest chapter told us the ova will indeed be focusing on yuzuki's point of view. that's great. now we cann see how kiyomi, akari, asuka, rin, aoi, and some of the others like maybe that lesbo chick and that fujikawa kid(really nanami? he looks like he's 14 and pretty much acts like a kid as well) will m,ake some appearances as well.

now since it is focusing on yuzuki's point of view(which hopefully won't be as terrible as haruto's) i wonder if seo will decide to make several ovas featuring side characters instead of making it into the books. and just out of curiousity, will the ova have the same animation as the first two ovas, that crappy anime, or will it have the same style as the books?
Feb 22, 2014 6:33 AM
Dec 2013
Benphyre said:
julyan04 said:

Yeah. I'm not sure about his "kindness" as well.. More like poking his nose into other people's business. I haven't dislike him yet though

maybe if he actually showed his kind side instead of his weaker side this manga would be saved. i wonder if this manga will take like 100 or so issues because i'm starting to see that now.
Feb 22, 2014 7:19 AM

Oct 2013
There are times where I really wish that Seo would create a mc, who has some guts. But nevermind, I am pretty sure that Fūka will be more like Suzuka in the future than KNIM. Fūka and Yu will join the track and field club.
Fūka has no problems to keep up with the best's of the club, but Yu is good for nothing. After some time he is getting better and better. Later he will impregnate Fūka during a school lesson, but Yamato won't be angry. All he has to say about that is: Don't worry, it was the same for me!"
Feb 22, 2014 7:41 AM

Jan 2013
Childhood ... huh ?

But at least this story has potential .
Feb 22, 2014 7:44 AM

Jul 2012
Childhood friend who is a idol, nice touch to the story.

Great chapter!!!
Feb 22, 2014 7:45 AM
Dec 2013
Behemoth11 said:
There are times where I really wish that Seo would create a mc, who has some guts. But nevermind, I am pretty sure that Fūka will be more like Suzuka in the future than KNIM. Fūka and Yu will join the track and field club.
Fūka has no problems to keep up with the best's of the club, but Yu is good for nothing. After some time he is getting better and better. Later he will impregnate Fūka during a school lesson, but Yamato won't be angry. All he has to say about that is: Don't worry, it was the same for me!"

hopefully seo won't make it into a repeat of suzuka. i mean justg imagine his popstar friend acting just like honoka. now i can imagine daiki having characters acting like the ones from KNIM. it's gonna be like if seo is running out of ideas
Feb 22, 2014 7:52 AM

Oct 2013
I liked Honoka and I also wouldn't care if Fūka becomes a little bit more like Suzuka. There are just three chapters, but it feels already a lot like Suzuka, I guess.
Feb 22, 2014 7:54 AM
Dec 2013
Behemoth11 said:
I liked Honoka and I also wouldn't care if Fūka becomes a little bit more like Suzuka. There are just three chapters, but it feels already a lot like Suzuka, I guess.

I just hope this manga is different from Suzuka because if its going to end up being like Suzuka then this manga will fall flat
Feb 22, 2014 8:57 AM

May 2013
I had a feeling that she was crying because of a song she was listening to. So that new girl is someone Yuu knew in elementary school. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Feb 22, 2014 9:05 AM
Dec 2013
babymilo91 said:
I had a feeling that she was crying because of a song she was listening to. So that new girl is someone Yuu knew in elementary school. Can't wait for the next chapter.

if it was the song that made her cry i think that either she must have some troubles or that his pop star friends has some troubles. and from all of the anime/manga girls that i have seen i bet it has something to do with her feelings for yu........while the concepts are still enjoyable i just don't see how that's possible considering thyat they've only known eachother from elementary.
Feb 22, 2014 9:18 AM
Jul 2013
Please Seo, let NOT the first girl win this time.
Feb 22, 2014 9:33 AM

Feb 2008
Spider-titan55 said:
Behemoth11 said:

I just hope this manga is different from Suzuka because if its going to end up being like Suzuka then this manga will fall flat

i dunno, it just screams suzuka to me. we will just have to see how it turns out.
Feb 22, 2014 9:46 AM
Dec 2013
kisami said:
Spider-titan55 said:
Behemoth11 said:

i dunno, it just screams suzuka to me. we will just have to see how it turns out.

i just wonder if his pop star friend will be as kind and innocent as honoka.

i can imagine how the characters will be similar tto daiki:

sakura will be the same as asuka

asuna will be the same as rin

saki will be the same as nanami

nakamura will be the same as shiho

natsu will be the same as takashi

megumi will be the same as kiyomi

kasuga will be the same as kazama

daiki will be dumber than his parents. heck, as punishment from god for being moraless imbeciles i say yuzuki should die so haruto can suffer. heck, if she does i wonder if either rin or asuka will be his step mother.
Feb 22, 2014 10:31 AM

Oct 2013
Daiki is still a kid.
Feb 22, 2014 10:42 AM
Jul 2012
I just wait to see Fuuka parents.
Feb 22, 2014 11:19 AM
Mar 2012
So far I'm enjoying it. The atmosphere of the seriesr gives off the Seo vibe that something will go wrong later on.
Feb 22, 2014 12:08 PM
Dec 2013
Behemoth11 said:
Daiki is still a kid.

but he will grow up and like haruto and eba(if she lives longer if seo goes to the widow part with haruto) he will become an idiot. seriously, with all of the selfish and idiotic crap the two of them went through i'd say that haruto should suffer more for a while with eba dead. if haruto ever does get remarried with rin or asuka i wonder how this will play out with daiki. will he lose her mother at the age of 14 or possibly in the same year as fuuka or probably in fuuka's 3rd year.
Feb 22, 2014 12:47 PM
Nov 2012
imo, fuuka is VERY unlikeable. The only thing she has going for her that she's "cute". Yes Yuu is a pushover, but what else can he think of her?

This is basically what he's seen of her:

1) Breaks his phone
2) Slaps him
3) Nearly breaks it again
4) Calls HIM out for jumping to conclusions.

The only positives were:
1) Cute smile while thanking him
2) Holding hands
3) Crying

Literally just paying him a bit of attention!
Feb 22, 2014 2:06 PM

Oct 2013
Spider-titan55 said:
Behemoth11 said:
Daiki is still a kid.

but he will grow up and like haruto and eba(if she lives longer if seo goes to the widow part with haruto) he will become an idiot. seriously, with all of the selfish and idiotic crap the two of them went through i'd say that haruto should suffer more for a while with eba dead. if haruto ever does get remarried with rin or asuka i wonder how this will play out with daiki. will he lose her mother at the age of 14 or possibly in the same year as fuuka or probably in fuuka's 3rd year.

But Yuzuki won't die, Spider. :D
Feb 22, 2014 2:21 PM
Dec 2013
Behemoth11 said:
Spider-titan55 said:
Behemoth11 said:
Daiki is still a kid.

But Yuzuki won't die, Spider. :D

We'll see. If I'm right about her dying in Fuuka then you guys would have to read cross days.
Feb 22, 2014 10:52 PM

Jul 2010
This is a discussion of Fuuka, Spider, let it go for crying out loud!

I don't see Tama-chan as being similar to Honoka. She didn't become a model until quite a ways into the story. She was just a simple shrine maiden with a crush on the boy that used to visit the shrine when he came to town to see his aunt.

I also think Fuuka has more of her dad in her than her mom, though she has her mom's violent streak... She does seem to be the sensitive type, though, crying over a song. (Not that I haven't done that myself.)

Yuu does seem kind, but I don't know that his kindness is the reason he approached Fuuka to try to cheer her up. I think it is because he has a crush on her and wanted to make her feel better. He does seem to have a habit of jumping to conclusions, though. What makes him different from most harem leads is that he actually acts upon the conclusions he jumps to! That seems a pretty rare trait.

I'm kind of torn as to how he responded to his sisters' teasing about his childhood friend becoming an idol. Some guys would have lashed back with, "Oh, she wouldn't answer me if I contacted her, eh? That would be kind of strange since she contacted me FIRST!" But, with the family dynamic that has been shown so far, I get him deciding to keep quiet about her sending him a message, since his sisters would tease him to no end about it. I understand not wanting to be tortured by siblings.

I don't see Yuu joining the track and field club, even if Fuuka does. He shows no signs of being athletically inclined in the least. The only way I see him joining is if the other guy gets him to help get Fuuka on the team by having him basically dare her to join if he does or something like that. I expect that Seo will not tread down that path with Fuuka. It seems to be more focused on communication issues and possibly music, since Fuuka is obviously a huge music lover. Maybe, if Yuu plays an instrument or is a really good singer, I could see a band forming or something, but I doubt that too. I do expect Yuu to end up contacting Tama-chan in order to get an autograph for Fuuka and having some major misunderstanding result from it, possibly some sort of internet rumor about "the idol's new boyfriend!" or something.

Communication and miss-communication are the themes Seo seems to be getting at to me... (Twitter, mistaken assumptions, the need, or lack there of, for cell phones, music as a way of communicating emotion, etc...) Frankly, if he continues this theme it would be a great change of pace. (The lack of communication between certain characters in a certain other series by Seo was maddening to the extreme. I'd like to see a series where the characters learn to communicate better with each other as they mature and get to know each other.)
Feb 23, 2014 12:01 AM

Oct 2013
Hm, I think a mc without an actually goal like track and field and so on is worth nothing, because these plot elements are used to grow the character in a good way.
Feb 23, 2014 12:52 AM

Dec 2011
Another childhood friend who is an idol... oh well, bring it on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2014 1:49 AM

Aug 2012
alexpte said:
So far I'm enjoying it. The atmosphere of the seriesr gives off the Seo vibe that something will go wrong later on.

I can literally see what's gonna happen. And I'll rage. But im still reading it.

FML.
F#@K you Seo.

And i love you too.
Feb 23, 2014 6:39 AM
Dec 2013
zensunni said:
This is a discussion of Fuuka, Spider, let it go for crying out loud!

I don't see Tama-chan as being similar to Honoka. She didn't become a model until quite a ways into the story. She was just a simple shrine maiden with a crush on the boy that used to visit the shrine when he came to town to see his aunt.

I also think Fuuka has more of her dad in her than her mom, though she has her mom's violent streak... She does seem to be the sensitive type, though, crying over a song. (Not that I haven't done that myself.)

Yuu does seem kind, but I don't know that his kindness is the reason he approached Fuuka to try to cheer her up. I think it is because he has a crush on her and wanted to make her feel better. He does seem to have a habit of jumping to conclusions, though. What makes him different from most harem leads is that he actually acts upon the conclusions he jumps to! That seems a pretty rare trait.

I'm kind of torn as to how he responded to his sisters' teasing about his childhood friend becoming an idol. Some guys would have lashed back with, "Oh, she wouldn't answer me if I contacted her, eh? That would be kind of strange since she contacted me FIRST!" But, with the family dynamic that has been shown so far, I get him deciding to keep quiet about her sending him a message, since his sisters would tease him to no end about it. I understand not wanting to be tortured by siblings.

I don't see Yuu joining the track and field club, even if Fuuka does. He shows no signs of being athletically inclined in the least. The only way I see him joining is if the other guy gets him to help get Fuuka on the team by having him basically dare her to join if he does or something like that. I expect that Seo will not tread down that path with Fuuka. It seems to be more focused on communication issues and possibly music, since Fuuka is obviously a huge music lover. Maybe, if Yuu plays an instrument or is a really good singer, I could see a band forming or something, but I doubt that too. I do expect Yuu to end up contacting Tama-chan in order to get an autograph for Fuuka and having some major misunderstanding result from it, possibly some sort of internet rumor about "the idol's new boyfriend!" or something.

Communication and miss-communication are the themes Seo seems to be getting at to me... (Twitter, mistaken assumptions, the need, or lack there of, for cell phones, music as a way of communicating emotion, etc...) Frankly, if he continues this theme it would be a great change of pace. (The lack of communication between certain characters in a certain other series by Seo was maddening to the extreme. I'd like to see a series where the characters learn to communicate better with each other as they mature and get to know each other.)

i meant for his pop star friend she might be singing something about her feelings(mainly yuu for some reason after not seeing him for like years. hopefully not because THAT would be stupid) and if she turns out to be like honoka in terms of personality then let the comparisons begin because it just wasn't enbough for KNIM-_-

anyway, the concept sounds neat. i hope seo doesn't fuck it up.

also, the new ova with KNIM will feature yuzuki's point of view. hopefully we'll see glimpses of asuka, rin, akari, nanami and kiyomi for like most of the scenes
Feb 23, 2014 6:43 AM

Oct 2013
New OVA? Sounds good! I am looking forward to it.
Feb 23, 2014 8:17 AM
Dec 2013
Behemoth11 said:

yeah, it's the ova that is about the last arc in KNIM but this time with yuzuki's perspective. well, we sure got our wish for that. now all that's left are some spinoffs and amagami ss versions and we're set.

any in the laest chapter of GotW(and spoilers btw) kim hye shin is losing. yep, i would've suspected that she would be a goner considering that lee moon young and queen are close friends and has been sparring with queen her whole life.
Feb 23, 2014 8:29 AM

Feb 2012
I don't know why ,but I enjoing this manga strange...
Feb 23, 2014 12:10 PM
Nov 2011
Please don't let yuu kun join track and field seo please don't
Feb 23, 2014 12:59 PM
Dec 2013
fanitear said:
Please don't let yuu kun join track and field seo please don't

oh just wait, he's gonna. and then fuuika's neighbor friend will be just like arima and that pop star girl will be like honoka and then in daiki's series it'll have the same plot and characters as KNIM except the only thing here is that daiki will fail hard in life since having haruto and yuzuki's genes are not a good sign.
Feb 23, 2014 3:55 PM

Oct 2013
Spider-titan55 said:
Behemoth11 said:

yeah, it's the ova that is about the last arc in KNIM but this time with yuzuki's perspective. well, we sure got our wish for that. now all that's left are some spinoffs and amagami ss versions and we're set.

any in the laest chapter of GotW(and spoilers btw) kim hye shin is losing. yep, i would've suspected that she would be a goner considering that lee moon young and queen are close friends and has been sparring with queen her whole life.

You should use a spoiler-tag for that, Spider. :-)
However, I expected it too.
Feb 23, 2014 4:01 PM

Jun 2013
I already see how that track field captain will get his "nose" into the story.I just hope it won't happen as I suspect.
Feb 23, 2014 4:32 PM

Mar 2012
Only 3 chapter and there's already love rival potential lol..
Keep moving forward
Feb 23, 2014 6:27 PM
Dec 2013
Behemoth11 said:
Spider-titan55 said:
Behemoth11 said:

You should use a spoiler-tag for that, Spider. :-)
However, I expected it too.

yep and also:

Feb 27, 2014 8:26 AM

Jan 2014
oh boy...ahaha...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Mar 1, 2014 8:44 AM

Sep 2011
So far I'm enjoying Fuuka. The atmosphere is kinda different from KNIM and Half&Half so it still feels fresh to me.

I can't get to connect with Yuu... the guy feels even lamer than Haruto, I didn't think it was possible to do. Though he does react quickly to things, unlike Haruto, which is a reaaaal positive.
I have an odd attraction to Fuuka, too, she has some traits from previous characters that I liked (Akari, a pinch of Rin). Yeah she's got her negatives, but she's really cute.

Dat face she made when she holded hands with Yuu :3

Anyway, excited to see where Seo will bring this story
Mar 1, 2014 8:50 AM

Oct 2013
Do you know Suzuka, ekanseht?
Mar 15, 2014 6:17 AM

Sep 2011
Nope.

I thought about reading it several times back in the day, when it came out, but never jumped in. Now that I've read KNIM and discovered Seo Kouji, I want to read it. I've downloaded all the chapters on my tablet, they're waiting for me to start.

I'm a real slow starter... It took me months before getting to read KNIM ^^"
Dec 20, 2014 3:15 AM

May 2014
Why are the chapters so short??

So Tama-chan is an idol now. I want her and Yuu to meet up in person.

More topics from this board

» what seo had to say about the future of Fuuka

Spider-titan55 - Feb 18, 2015

21 by ersdtrycgh »»
Sep 29, 2022 8:13 AM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 184 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2018

10 by HectorBlaze »»
Apr 20, 2022 4:55 AM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 195 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

37 by Stargazingx »»
Mar 12, 2022 3:52 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Karoshi- - Feb 8, 2014

111 by daywithoutgames »»
Mar 8, 2022 11:56 AM

» how related is fuuka and suzuka

PremiumCascade - Nov 30, 2014

12 by efbaei »»
Jul 14, 2021 12:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.