Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2009 5:18 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good, loved the art style and atmosphere. I think my favorite part was the ending, so moving. Oh and the song that was sang at the end. :*) Beautiful!
Sep 17, 2009 12:02 PM

Dec 2008
well for one i didn't expect them to mean the title to be literal.
Sep 17, 2009 8:45 PM
Sep 2007
So, are those monsters behind kids represented school backpacks or something?
Jan 17, 2011 6:28 PM
Dec 2010
Psajdak said:
So, are those monsters behind kids represented school backpacks or something?
I think it's more like the heavy burden doing all the work that they have to do can bring, and the need to be free of it. It's about how harsh school life in China can be.
Jun 3, 2016 4:31 AM
Mar 2012
Chinese artstyle, beautiful backgrounds (those curly clouds man, & the dense chimneys like Blame). The cel 3d & 2d has quite a unique mix.
Not very clear but liked the rain/water vs paper plane symbolisms.
ED song also reference the strict rote learning vs creativity/imagination.
Jan 29, 2017 11:46 PM

Mar 2016
Wow. . .
Really love it. . .
Everyone has to pass a difficult task, you can't slack off or play, or you will stay behind others, and the one who has authority will blame you, limiting you more and give you more thoughts, you have no freedom, you need to carry the responsibility that the one who has authority put on you, you has only one path and one destination that already set up for you, for everyone. Good bye my dream.
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Aug 16, 2019 2:27 PM

Dec 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIKWlrD5cGU
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Mar 22, 2020 4:47 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Okay, but did anyone notice how the music from the movie Enchanted started playing? Definitely heard "That's How You Know" and "Happy Working Song". They thought no one would notice. Lol Like it's not even a "sounds like the song" moment, it's just straight up instrumental versions of the songs from the movie.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.