Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2009 5:04 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ugh, what? Yoriko pushed out Kanako, to be honest I wouldn't have thought that it was going to be that complex, still impressed that such a lil' story coming from her could have fooled out everyone. Hard to believe that Suzaki could get out with Kanako's 'body' of the building without anyone noticing it. Guards? Secret Passage? There must be an answer for this, because theres a huge hole in this part.

Also; why Chuzenji was staring at Sekiguchi when he said that they actually are inside of Kubo? Makes me think that Sekiguchi is actually Kubo and hes a part of his imagination or personality, thats what I predict anyway. And finally this quarrel will end for once and all on the last episode.
MikiyoJul 30, 2009 5:10 PM

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 31, 2009 9:54 AM
Dec 2007
Great episode, I smiled at the final revelation :) Now waiting for the last episode !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 2, 2009 7:28 PM

Feb 2009
I need to see the last episode to piece everything together. Since the beginning I knew Yoriko pushed Kanako, but couldn't understand why?
Aug 3, 2009 10:53 AM

Jun 2007
MaxCrazy7 said:
I need to see the last episode to piece everything together. Since the beginning I knew Yoriko pushed Kanako, but couldn't understand why?

Yoriko believed that Kanako is perfect and when she saw the pickle her illusion of Kanako's image fell appart.
Aug 8, 2009 12:49 AM

Jun 2007
MaxCrazy7 said:
Since the beginning I knew Yoriko pushed Kanako, but couldn't understand why?

I've been thinking the same thing since the beginning too but with all this random stuff they tossed at us it only made me question it more and more lol. This whole series was basically a whole bunch of unrelated story's that where happening at the same time to make our main characters believe they where all related to the main story. Kind of makes me want to bash my head against a keyboard.
Aug 23, 2009 5:00 PM

Jan 2008
This episode made me wat.
now to rewatch it.
Aug 31, 2010 5:17 PM

Jul 2009
When talking to Yoriko's classmates, remember the policeman found out she was hated by her classmates? And that Kanako, while stand-offish, was quite smart and popular? I think Yoriko was a strange, self-hating, delusional girl. Kanako befriended her, and Yoriko began to idealize and fantasize about Kanako being an angel (all those key Buddhist terms used in Sekiguchi's novella). When Yoriko saw Kanako's blemish on her neck, Kanako was no longer the ideal beauty -- but a regular girl, just as miserable and insignificant as Yoriko herself. Consequently, Yoriko pushed her onto the tracks. Yoriko then made up the man in black (again, from Sekiguchi's novel), and the family desperately attempted to keep Kanako alive for the inheritance money.

I think they were able to sneak Kanako out of the "research box" because only her brain ("cognition" and "perception of reality") is still in tact. She is, for lack of a better phrase, a literal brain in a vat.
Mar 12, 2013 3:02 PM
Feb 2013
Oh wow the ending made me gasp!! I can't wait for ep 13!!
I get most things now but some still confuse me x.x
I do hope this will all be cleared though ^--^
In the middle of the anime I was a biiiit bored and annoyed because it was very confusing but right now it's just asdfghjkl;
Apr 7, 2013 6:56 PM

May 2012
This place's the inside of Kubo. =D
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 27, 2013 5:13 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
When it was over I felt that I had only been watching for 5 minutes. The solution is unexpectedly simple in some ways and complicated in others. The problem is that we've had some unreliable narrators like Yoriko that complicate our view of things.

Mamisaka was actually Kanako's grandad? Wow. Didn't expect that.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 31, 2013 11:01 AM
Aug 2011
derp. People in these forums had mentioned that Yoriko was the one that pushed Kanako and that Yoko was putting in the ransom note in the envelope not taking it out.
Jul 15, 2013 5:38 PM

Nov 2011
Supernatural ending? Supernatural ending.
Jun 6, 2015 7:39 PM

Feb 2015
Great episode.
A true man never dies.
Nov 9, 2015 1:18 PM

Jan 2013
A nice sum up of what's going on, what happened, the delusions.
May 21, 2017 12:23 PM
Nov 2015
SOOOO GREAT!!
All those Kubo's eyes at the ends are wtffff.
Why Yoriko pushed Kanako, u see she loved Nakahara Jun'ichi (when she was talking to Kubo in front of the painting store), a painter who was a huge influence on shoujo art (big eyes...).
There, she was a pretty dreamy, idealistic girl. And we saw her happy when Kanako's body was "kidnapped", she said that "Kanako, so you have become tennin" or sth like that.
So Yoriko is kinda idealistic, delusional like that. She believed in Shinkaisen, when a mundane physical body is dead and reborn into eternal, angelic being. She pushed Kanako to her death to make her "reborn" into a higher being immune to all the sadness, unfairness of the human world.
Why was she so delusional? she was hated by friends. Her family is shit. She wants her mom to remain noble and beautiful and young but she continues to age and grow ugly and fuk man.
Dec 9, 2018 2:54 AM

Nov 2016
Can't say that I'm surprised regarding some things relevations in this episode, some others are pretty crazy, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 6, 2022 11:15 PM

Mar 2010
Well dang, that is crazy! Yoriko killed Kanako after all, she was really sick in the head... Lots of mystery solved this episode.
Aug 12, 2023 7:18 PM

Nov 2010
Ah, so those random scenes in earlier episodes are based on Sekiguchi's novel.

Very cool revelation, and most of the dots have been connected. Now the question is how a dismembered Kubo became that research facility. I guess that entire building is life support for his brain? They didn't describe how dismembered Kubo's body was, so we didn't know where his head was.

And where is Kanako? Is she hidden in plain sight?
May 12, 11:25 AM

Aug 2019
Oh my gosh so it was Yoriko

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 9 Discussion

hikky - Dec 24, 2008

19 by Sun_Chan »»
May 12, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 8 Discussion

noteDhero - Jan 26, 2009

25 by Sun_Chan »»
May 12, 3:36 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 7 Discussion

noteDhero - Jan 10, 2009

21 by Sun_Chan »»
May 12, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 6 Discussion

angel999 - Nov 11, 2008

36 by Sun_Chan »»
May 12, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 5 Discussion

angel999 - Nov 4, 2008

30 by Sun_Chan »»
May 12, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.