Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2009 5:18 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Beautiful episode. Can't wait for subs!!! Lots of drama going on here.
Jul 30, 2009 7:14 PM

Nov 2008
This series is definitely going in a different and much less fluffy direction than I initially expected.

And dammit - just who/what is that singer?
Aug 8, 2009 4:45 PM

Dec 2008
Yeah this show has more drama than I thought.
Aug 8, 2009 5:04 PM

Feb 2009
What happened to the power of hugs? Two episode already since I've seen that in action. >:(
Aug 8, 2009 5:05 PM

Sep 2007
They are not free (hugs) so... :(
Aug 8, 2009 5:19 PM

Oct 2007
Alexstratz said:
What happened to the power of hugs? Two episode already since I've seen that in action. >:(
LOL, it seems like they need to upgrade that hugs skill to one more level.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 8, 2009 6:35 PM

Nov 2007
And so they said farewell just like that.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Aug 8, 2009 11:57 PM

Aug 2008
What a bad episode. There was no sense of pace at all. It just felt like one random scene happening after the other. Things got a little better in the second half, but not by a lot.

Though I did like the direct comparison of Urin to a spoiled, fickle child.
Aug 9, 2009 12:18 AM

Apr 2009
Urinnnnnnnnn! How do they not notice something is different? And Kanon saw her finger, why didnt she say something? Gahhh!
Aug 9, 2009 9:28 PM

Jul 2008
Shancakeschan said:
Urinnnnnnnnn! How do they not notice something is different? And Kanon saw her finger, why didnt she say something? Gahhh!

Why should she say something when she don't know what it is, we had a close up on it but Kanon did not and just didn't make a fuss about it like most people would do.

Urin and her sister just had a fight for the first time, it would be easy to interpret as Urin being mentally instable or just going emo so that she make her sister regret yelling at her. Also you could think that she is lacking energy since she had a hard day, there's many possibility who have more chance to happen than Urin being controlled / manipulated by Sedna.

It's a show and we are observer, for people inside the show it is much different, you can't expect them to know what you know.

Average episode, it was not the best of the series but it was not the worst as well.
Aug 13, 2009 3:23 AM

Dec 2008
I told everybody "dont put that ring on!"

The change of atmosphere was some kind of unexpected for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2009 4:05 AM

Apr 2009
noteDhero said:
What a bad episode. There was no sense of pace at all. It just felt like one random scene happening after the other. Things got a little better in the second half, but not by a lot.

Yeah, a slideshow of... Stuff... Not good.

I want to see Lady Turtle now though.
Aug 29, 2009 7:21 PM

Aug 2008
*sigh* It seems like the events of the past 2 eps could've been condensed into one. I wasn't interested thoughout most of the episode, but I am starting to like that it's not taking a formulaic route right now. The mystery and darker tone surrounding Urin is a plus as well.
Sep 12, 2009 7:10 PM

May 2008
i always hated ppl turning bad cause they usually lose alot of screen time

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 24, 2009 10:40 PM

Jan 2008
Vizard said:
And so they said farewell just like that.
Yeah exactly, like what the...
Mar 14, 2010 10:27 AM

Sep 2008
Oh hey, so is that the turtle elder's first love? XD

Expected Urin to turn evil because of feelings of jealousy... but maybe she's just possessed, and that mark on her finger is proof of possession by Sedna? Totally just a guess.
Apr 13, 2010 8:01 PM

Sep 2008
I have the utmost respect for Urin's actions in this episode. It baffles me how people react once someone is lost for a while. All of a sudden you're back to the caring person you once were. It sickens me, but I love it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2010 12:34 AM

Mar 2010
idk why but to me this anime has become kinda boring..
Jan 30, 2011 6:36 AM

Jun 2010
watching this kind of anime is always boring cuz it's very easy to guess what happens next. the art is okay, but I hate Marine (she isn't pretty and I hate simply-minded and naive characters who thinks that they knows truth about everything)..

Well, even it's predictable and lame - I keep watching. I can not say yet is it just fine or really bad anime. I found something positive, at least; Kanon is funny character (and it might be the reason why I bother to watch this any further). :P
Mar 10, 2011 7:01 AM

Oct 2009
I was =_='' throughout the episode...
Sep 14, 2012 6:29 AM

Aug 2010
merle_noir said:
Oh hey, so is that the turtle elder's first love? XD

Expected Urin to turn evil because of feelings of jealousy... but maybe she's just possessed, and that mark on her finger is proof of possession by Sedna? Totally just a guess.

that's what i think too....
Apr 5, 2015 12:11 PM

Nov 2013
Sky People are self-centered? Says the annoying and self-centered brat. And it looks like, that she turned to the dark side.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 26, 2016 7:51 PM

Feb 2014
merle_noir said:

Makes sense. She could possibly be taking in all the bad feelings from people to eventually become super powerful and possibly even become a physical body for Sedona to control. Here we were worrying about Kanon being hurt during the eclipse but now Urin is the one's who's turned bad! D:
Dec 29, 2020 5:04 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
It seems that Urin has turned to the dark side, as she briefly went missing in the last episode only for Kanon's ring to perfectly fit her finger and summon a whole bunch of evil butterflies all over the place during the eclipse. Now in this episode, the ring seems to have fused with her or something and leave a butterfly tattoo in place, and now Urin has the blank evil anime eyes and decides to leave the group by returning to the sea. Oh dear.
The eclipse briefly continues in this episode and before it ends, Marin continues to feel the effects of the darkness within darkness and couldn't even transform in front of the Utau Hoshina-lookalike that was briefly in the last episode. She and Kanon could only transform once the two were near the singing priestess from the first and the previous episode as the eclipse ended. Will this singing priestess be important later on, or is this just some deus-ex-machina character here?

Speaking of that Utau lookalike, Urin's newfound dark side took her dark energy away and revealed her to be... a female turtle? Is this Matsumoto's first love that was mentioned before? Oh and I thought the part where Suzuki called Kanon just so that she could take a picture of herself on TV was funny haha.

More topics from this board

» Anybody Remember this anime

Traxillia - Mar 10

1 by Sekiro94 »»
Mar 10, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~Anata ga Itekureta Koto~ Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 1, 2009

73 by demision »»
Aug 5, 2022 11:24 PM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~Anata ga Itekureta Koto~ Episode 12 Discussion

Lvhina - Sep 16, 2009

45 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 25, 2021 10:36 PM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~ Anata ga Itekureta Koto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Jun 24, 2009

88 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 15, 2021 2:00 AM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~Anata ga Itekureta Koto~ Episode 11 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 9, 2009

14 by Fario-P »»
Jan 6, 2021 3:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.