Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 10, 2007 9:35 PM

Aug 2006
Wow, firstly all I have to say what an awesome resolution LunarAnime got their hands on for this anime! The animation is great and the story seems very promising. Just when I think that this is some sort of mysterious girl romance type anime they throw in some action at the end. And of course, just like Da Capo, I'm guessing that there's magic involved as well. Furthermore, obviously my guess is that Matsuri doesn't like daylight or can't stand it due to her reactions at the end to the light, when she disappeared before dawn and when she was talking as if she never saw a variety of clouds before IMO. Anyways, great first episode, can't wait for the second one.
zanmato666Apr 10, 2007 9:41 PM
Apr 10, 2007 10:09 PM

Mar 2005
Boo! you beat me to first post!

anyway, yes I love Lunar's resolution. it's awesome. Animation is stellar, close to KyoAni's animation of the sky when they did Air. So far at this point too, sola's animation is better than Lucky Star's. Better than KyoAni?! That's definitely saying something.

Yorito's sister Aono is a Yuki-clone. But she's as hot as, if not hotter than, Yuki imo. Whether she's as awesome as Yuki remains to be seen.

teh Mamiko's character, Matsuri Shiho, seems to be quite awesome. This season is all about Matsuri and Aono. Also Koyori the loli is teh kawaii ^^. Mana is a nice childhood friend too. They all rock.

err...only character that bothered me was the Suiseiseki clone....DESU. seriously, back to rozen maiden she should go. >_>

yes there's a bunch of harem stereotypes, but if Kanon's creator has shown us before, he/she is able to transcend those stereotypes and bring us a gripping story. I guess the reason I liked this first ep so much was that it was relaxing. Very Kanon-like storytelling. ^-^

and that ending was awesome, what a great way to keep everyone watching. ^^

Overall, I'm glad that not all of my anticipated shows this season failed my expectations. definitely looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 10, 2007 10:30 PM
Mar 2007
I've been waiting for this show for a few months now, knowing that the creator of Kanon is involved here. Also, the only picture i saw from this looked pretty promising, so i decided to watch this, and so far (Only the first episode), It is very promising.
I begin to like the characters (Yuki clone which is not exactly a Yuki, but I think she is going to be a really interesting character), and the story looks really good, too. Knowing that the show will be 13 episodes (If i remember correctly), if they can keep up with the animation (the animation was smooth, i really liked it) and they keep up the story (Which seems really interesting according to the first episode), this show is going to be really good.
Also, the end really surprised me. I knew that there going to be some action going on, but i didn't expect that.
Apr 10, 2007 11:02 PM

Jan 2007
Props to Lunar for the high res version. As for the show itself, i think its pretty good, looking forward to future episodes.

Pros: Animation, Characters, the Sky, and the last few minutes of the episode.

Cons: That doll!?, and the first 15 min or so was average. (but its like that with a lot of first episodes of this type of show).

wildebeest0001 said:
Yorito's sister Aono is a Yuki-clone. But she's as hot as, if not hotter than, Yuki imo. Whether she's as awesome as Yuki remains to be seen.

Yuki is still hotter.

This show has a lot of potential, so lets hope that it is fulfilled.

Koyori ftw~
Apr 10, 2007 11:17 PM

Mar 2005
I should note that not since the Kanon premiere have I been so hyped about a show, and the show actually meeting my expectations.

Studio Nomad will be getting my attention from now on.
Apr 11, 2007 1:53 AM

Mar 2007
very good episode, looking forward to this one and how it develops
Apr 11, 2007 2:40 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Everything's been said. I really liked it too, the art, Lunar's resolution, the subs, the characters (there even was a loli~) and of course the music: really liking the ED.

Very promising.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 11, 2007 3:32 AM

Oct 2006
really nice art indeed but boring beginning (specially that worthless guy) but the ending picked my interest fortunately :P

Apr 11, 2007 6:33 AM

Aug 2006
wildebeest0001 said:
err...only character that bothered me was the Suiseiseki clone....DESU. seriously, back to rozen maiden she should go. >_>

You mean the little sister? The use of desu seemed pretty normal actually. The younger sister was around a bunch of elders and used the distal style copola to be more polite rather than "da." Didn't really use it at a point where she didn't have to.

Edit: I r good spellar
aisakkuApr 11, 2007 6:48 AM
#dontcare
Apr 11, 2007 9:45 AM

Mar 2005
no i don't mean the little sister I meant the character who looked like a doll. If you haven't seen Rozen Maiden, Suiseiseki is a character known to overuse the word "DESU"
Apr 11, 2007 10:30 AM

Aug 2006
wildebeest0001 said:
no i don't mean the little sister I meant the character who looked like a doll. If you haven't seen Rozen Maiden, Suiseiseki is a character known to overuse the word "DESU"

I haven't seen the show, but I know of the overuse. She does look like the character, but didn't talk anything like her. I thought you were just refering to the speaking style. (Think that particular character used all casual forms)
#dontcare
Apr 11, 2007 10:45 AM

Oct 2006
Well everything has been said already... ^^

I liked that smooth start and I was totally not expecting that ending o_o . It managed to grip me up.

I'm looking foward to see how's the story gonna develop.
Apr 11, 2007 11:03 AM

Mar 2007
wildebeest0001 said:

DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU ftw
That character, well besides of Mitsuri seemed to be the most intresting yo ): I really have high hopes for her to go around saying desu.
Apr 11, 2007 10:11 PM

Jan 2007
I liked the animation, though the main dudes chin/face make me incredibly sad. Everything else was pretty awesome though. And that doll character honestly looks more like Shinku if you gave her a green dress instead of a red one.

And Yuki is totally hotter.
Apr 14, 2007 2:50 PM

Mar 2007
hmm well i watched it. and was confused. i didn't really get into it too much, so i dropped it. *hides from flames*. it reminded me of 'air'. maybe all that sky talk.
Apr 14, 2007 5:18 PM

Nov 2004
Just watched it. I thought it was interesting to some extent. No opinion yet since most of the episode was introductory and thus, rather uninteresting. Let's see what happens in episode 2. The bit at the end was pretty good though, puts a small twist on things. So we know this isn't just some story about normal high school kids.

I assumed she was a vampire or something, dodging the light.
Jun 6, 2007 2:15 AM

Feb 2007
Been on an anime rampage lately. Started Sola today. Weird, since i haven't watched Kanon or Da Capo yet, so i don't have any hype for this anime either. Kinda like Lucky Star.

I agree with Crystal, the tomato juice, dodging the light; Shiho might be a vampire. I noticed the Yuki clone too. Don't like her at the moment. But Mana's little sister is Kawaii!!!

The art and animation was nice, calm music, etc, you guys have already said it all.
Nov 24, 2007 12:39 AM

Jun 2007
so, i got around to watch this about 6 months late... yay me

so, everything is been said here, i personally like matsuri, she is just too cute. her personality so far is awesome too.

the fact that she was kicking a spending machine at three in the morning did seem a little.... weird. she is cute nevertheless
Dec 17, 2007 5:56 AM
Oct 2007
Wow, pretty awesome animation and interesting enough to make me look forward to the rest of the series.

Can't wait.
Mar 31, 2008 2:46 AM

Feb 2008
Arghh! Just downloaded Doremi's sub. But my computer can't play it well! I've downloaded the hi-reso one and come on, my computer just can't catch up with the speed. Arghh! Oh well, I think I must download another set. XD Till then, I'll hold this show for now.
Mar 31, 2008 2:50 AM

Nov 2007
garywafu said:
Arghh! Just downloaded Doremi's sub. But my computer can't play it well! I've downloaded the hi-reso one and come on, my computer just can't catch up with the speed. Arghh! Oh well, I think I must download another set. XD Till then, I'll hold this show for now.

What sort of CPU do you have, and what media player are you using? Also you may want to investigate Lunar's HD version, as iirc they're lower bitrate (thus will be kinder on your CPU)... it amazes me to see people who have issues with HD encodes these days, given any CPU made in the past five odd years should handle them fine. >.< Anything older than that is well past its product life anyway. Upgrade! >.>
Mar 31, 2008 2:57 AM

Feb 2008
LOL! I'm using Intel Celeron D 2.53GHz, 1GB of RAM, and nVidia GeForce FX5200 128MB memory. Using MPC as media player and Codec for h264? I'm using CoreAVC Pro. XD

I have no problems watching other HD releases. It's just that their release is very huge for my CPU to handle. I can handle H264 realase of Clannad from Eclipse (the widescreen) and many others as well! Mostly, some dvd rips. I think they've encoded this with VBR H264 so my CPU cannot really handle it well.
Mar 31, 2008 3:00 AM

Nov 2007
Yeah, try Lunar's release instead of Doremi's. Might have better luck. The series really is gorgeous and worth watching in HD (I'll be buying it on BD, if the price isn't obscene.) -- one of the few series so far to really be worth HD.
Mar 31, 2008 3:05 AM

Feb 2008
Well, I don't like encoding of Lunar's. I'll just put some extra effort on this sola. I'll just mute the sounds when watching! LOL! Hahahah! It's just that the video/audio is not syncing while playing. It's a really big problem when it is encoded with VBR h264 video. The audio is normally playing at normal speed. But in the video, when it take so much bit rate to play, the playback of the video gets slower, thus making the video/audio unsynced. LOL!

I'm happy to watch this series, but I think I'll watch other first that I have already archived in my HD. I'll watch Karin first, then watch SOLA. Or, I'll just be patient in watching this series. Well, who knows?! LOL! I won't be back till Wed, so I'll put everything on hold. And when the time comes, I'll decide then. ^__^ Thanks for the help.
Mar 31, 2008 3:08 AM

Nov 2007
Audio/video desync is due to your older CPU not being able to keep up. What's wrong with Lunar's version? I found it fine. If you're already using CoreAVC and still getting desync, there isn't much else you can do but try another encode, or upgrade.
Apr 5, 2008 5:58 AM

Feb 2008
Well, I've found out that there's also some configurations to make in MPC. Also, I've played it perfectly fine. First, I've configured the options in the output playback, using renderless VM9 and other stuffs. Also, I'm not using full screen since my desktop reso is already 1024 and the vid is 1024 also, so it's fine; just no black space in the top and below. But, it's playable now with no problem.

Of course the big problem is in the CPU itself. If I play this on a Intel Core Duo, the playback flows very smooth! LOL! ^^

EDIT: Also, making it REALTIME in priority in TaskManager. XD
babykeijiApr 5, 2008 6:41 AM
Jul 10, 2008 11:17 PM

May 2008
interesting so far. what are they goint to do about the dude whith the sword?
Nov 18, 2008 7:54 AM

Dec 2007
it started out slow n relaxing.. which is good.. n towards the end it revealed more story n enticed me more which is great
Dec 17, 2008 1:20 PM
Sep 2008
anyone mind sending me a link so i can watch it too? =]
Dec 18, 2008 12:36 PM

Feb 2008
The opening and ending song were really calming. Just like Aria.
I like the character design of Naru Nanao. No wonder Matsuri reminded me of Yuuko from ef.
BTW: Weird drink? I think I know that from Air.
Dec 22, 2008 12:46 AM

Jul 2008
I have no idea where this is going, but I enjoyed this first episode.

BEGINNER
Feb 5, 2009 1:24 AM

Jun 2008
adamantine said:
I have no idea where this is going, but I enjoyed this first episode.

I, on the other hand, have a very good idea where this is going, and I don't think I like it.

Anyone care to correct me?
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Feb 16, 2009 1:51 AM

Jul 2008
Not an amazing start, but I liked it all the same. I could've sworn that girl was Shinku, yeah, I wish. Interesting, but I too don't really know where this is going.
Apr 15, 2009 10:55 PM

Aug 2008
Cute art. Really like Matsuri atm. Don't really like the other charas, too cliché... Specially the Yuki-clone XD

Mmhh that guy... I don't really like otaku, but he's somewhat cute/sweet... o.o

Let's see where this is going...

May 5, 2009 8:05 PM

May 2008
Pretty good episode until the end which was slightly odd, interested to see where this is going.
Jun 23, 2009 8:05 AM

Jun 2009
So many questions..........
I don't know anything about this anime: who is that girl that can't stand (day)light??,, who/ what is the child (doll??) and what is that sword guy doing for her and why??

I think it's gonna be a great anime =D
On to episode 2!! =D
Aug 3, 2009 10:41 PM

Dec 2008
Looks quite interesting so far. Need to watch some more.
Jan 10, 2010 12:43 PM

Dec 2007
I just started watching it. I assume that the guy with the glasses is a vampire killer, and he has a silver sword. I assume that the girl doesn't like the light because She's a vampire. There seems to be a lot going on, but I assume everything will be explain.
Jun 3, 2010 10:00 PM

Nov 2008
The church scene was unexpected. I did not thought to see that in a Romance anime like this one.

Also the scene with the girl in it, I found that disturbing.

This anime has had a very interesting beginning and it has captured my interest.
Jul 12, 2010 8:26 AM

Jan 2010
meh i'm not impressed :\,but i think it'll get good in 2-3 episodes
i like the op song tho ^^

3/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Oct 10, 2010 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
Well, there I was expecting a nice and relaxing anime and the final few minutes throw a spanner in the works. This could (as has been said) turn into a great kanon-type anime, which would suit me just fine.

While the quality and resolution is first rate, the actual animation looks a little SpecialA-ish to me.

Can't wait for the next episode!
May 22, 2011 3:44 PM

Jul 2010
this anime really does have an "Air" feeling to it.
and the voice for tha main girl sounds a lot like kotomi from clannad, its so awesome!

Jul 26, 2011 10:15 PM

Feb 2011
Not quite my type, are we talking about vampire love, drama, or god knows? Still as the clannad4ever mentioned, perhaps it'll get good in the next 2-3 episodes, if not, well will have to endure another boring series.
Aug 12, 2011 11:18 AM

Aug 2011
I found the first episode kind of strange, but maybe I'll like it later on.
Aug 25, 2011 10:57 AM

Jan 2011
To say the least, it is a great start and great lecture on the type of clouds and sun-sets xD.
Also the opening theme made me felt very nostaligc, as if i was watching the combine version of clannad after and air.
Dec 2, 2012 7:04 AM

Sep 2012
I wasn't expecting this cliffhanger at the end.
Feb 15, 2013 2:25 PM

Jan 2013
Looking interesting.
The art and animation are bad, but the story seems nice.
I like the characters so far too.
Apr 13, 2013 11:19 AM

May 2012
Well that sure was interesting a rather slow pace of the episode though but the characters seem interesting, I especially got a liking on that girl in the box with that green lolita outfit... she seems so mysterious I wonder what her role in this story will be!

The ending sure was strange, why was she being hunted and what's up with those light beams? Is light her weakness and why is she weak against it who is she?

Lots of questions with this first episode with a nice cliffhanger! Lets see what happens next!
Apr 26, 2013 1:52 PM

Dec 2011
I thought I was getting to grips with (and liking) this series. And then those last few minutes happened. And I really don't know what's going on any more as a result...

Still liking it, though. I hope.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 20, 2016 5:13 PM

Jan 2016
The song in the begining...i.. there.. is no words.. moved my heart..this is going to be a special on, got the same feeling when began watching from some of the other series i seen like clanned, golden time, sakurasou no pet na kanojo... get a strange feeling it going to be an emotional time now but also an interesting time, like how the end is here, going to be hooked on this now xD
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » sola Episode 6 Discussion

zanmato666 - May 14, 2007

39 by Saku33 »»
Apr 10, 10:49 AM

Poll: » sola Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BlueYoshi - Jul 1, 2007

112 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 18, 2023 4:38 PM

Poll: » sola Episode 8 Discussion

Faust721 - May 27, 2007

42 by Killerkat198 »»
May 15, 2023 2:10 PM

» Why is this series so underrated

SakurasouBusters - Oct 18, 2013

12 by Quintessence »»
Feb 7, 2023 9:22 AM

Poll: » sola Episode 2 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Apr 15, 2007

45 by Auliaramadhana12 »»
Oct 16, 2021 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.