Forum Settings
Forums

Visual Novel 'Fate/stay Night' to get New Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 »
Jul 31, 2013 12:29 PM

Jul 2007
Art style is not exactly defining element of nasuverse, hence why the "canon" art style" should not be changed. There is plenty of space in nasuverse to explore different kinds of art styles. Have we forgotten this case:

Each part should retain the art style it was envisioned for.
insan3soldiern said:
Prism Illya's art style is okay, but I've got to say that the idea of it being used in Fate/stay night is very unappealing to me. Especially that Shirou.

Well to be honest it makes perfect sense for Illya-Shirou to look like that there.

Type-Moon characters very well pertain their personalities through their faces. Hence why FSN-Shirou has only one acceptable design.

filmftw1 said:
Fai said:

Annnd, I'll just leave this here:

Outside of the former "wait, what?" face and the latter "don't f*ck with me" face, I'd say both of the designs aren't that drastic when compared.

Different form of eyes.
DIfferent shade of eye-color.
Different way eye-pupils are drawn(DEEN's shirou has generic-ized eye pupil style with the white zone representing light reflection being about midway, while both canon and ufotable shirous have emptier, more focused eyes, white zone in the lower part of the eye and more focused glare)
Different eyebrows.
Different facial bone structure.(DEEN-shirou has wider, less long chin)
Different neck.
Different ears.
Different hairstyle(Deen-Shirou's hairstyle literally looks constantly wet, due to stronger strand highlights)
Different head size in terms of proportion.

Sure, both of them has orange-ish hair and brown-ish hair, but that's where similarities end.

Also the default face for shirou IS the "don't fuck with me" face.

You could say its part of over-simplification of character designs though, since DEEN was always full of QUALITY, but DEEN-FSN-shirou only had about two or three frames where he truly looked like shirou.

And the same comparison could be made for all characters highlighting design inadequacies and outright idiotic choices.
AhenshihaelJul 31, 2013 12:41 PM
Jul 31, 2013 1:18 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
>FSN
>Ufotable

Why am I seeing complaints in this thread?

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jul 31, 2013 1:18 PM

Oct 2007
I have no idea why you keep using those Shirou screenshots as comparison. They don't prove your point in the slightest. DEEN's Shirou is much more detailed there. Better eyes, better hair (normal hair aren't as spiky as ufotable makes you think). Also, he's hand drawn, not generated by computer.
Jul 31, 2013 2:22 PM

Sep 2011
insan3soldiern said:
Prism Illya's art style is okay, but I've got to say that the idea of it being used in Fate/stay night is very unappealing to me. Especially that Shirou.

iliked the messy hair and the less ofcused eyes. The Deen FSN Shiro always had that "dumbass" look to me

Progeusz said:
I have no idea why you keep using those Shirou screenshots as comparison. They don't prove your point in the slightest. DEEN's Shirou is much more detailed there. Better eyes, better hair (normal hair aren't as spiky as ufotable makes you think). Also, he's hand drawn, not generated by computer.

That's pretty much subjective... But the main point to me is that hte artstyle isn't all that different, or doesn't feel like it.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 31, 2013 3:07 PM
Feb 2012
Shiro for me is the most annoying looking anime hero I've ever seen.
He looks like a read headed retard.
Yeah...
Jul 31, 2013 5:33 PM

Apr 2010
CurrentUsername said:
Yeah...

Damn those read headed retards.
Jul 31, 2013 6:06 PM

Jul 2010
Progeusz said:
I have no idea why you keep using those Shirou screenshots as comparison. They don't prove your point in the slightest. DEEN's Shirou is much more detailed there. Better eyes, better hair (normal hair aren't as spiky as ufotable makes you think).

You must be kidding me.
Jul 31, 2013 6:12 PM

Jul 2007
Okaishi said:
Progeusz said:
I have no idea why you keep using those Shirou screenshots as comparison. They don't prove your point in the slightest. DEEN's Shirou is much more detailed there. Better eyes, better hair (normal hair aren't as spiky as ufotable makes you think).

You must be kidding me.

Don't feed the troll.
Jul 31, 2013 8:09 PM

Mar 2013
CurrentUsername said:
Yeah...

still chopped off heracles' balls

On another note, this Saber Alter figure has to be re-released if Heaven's Feel is being animated.

my wallet will feel good
Poorfag-chanJul 31, 2013 8:12 PM
Jul 31, 2013 8:35 PM

Sep 2011
Shirou looked really, really stupid in the Deen Anime, he just looked like he was in the wrong spot, and him using his command to stop Saber from attacking? Didn't get my sympathy
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 31, 2013 11:40 PM
Feb 2012
Damn typo.
Yeah, he has a boring design. Kiritsugu looked more "epic".
Aug 1, 2013 12:51 AM

Jul 2007
Forgetfulness said:
Well after finishing the Visual Novel...I'm a little less excited for Heaven's Feel.

As many awesome moments as there are for other characters, I just get really annoyed in most scenes concerning Sakura
And that is quite often.

Oh I can't await till half the viewers start to rage at that, considering that type of character and that type of plot is extremely unpopular right now.

Sakura is...not the reason to see/play that route.

I mainly like that route for "holy shit how different this is" when compared to other routes, as well as for Rin (who, let's be frank is pretty much the main heroine of that route too, lol)

Meruru said:
This comparision is unfair since Shirou makes a silly face in Deen one, and ufotable Shirou looks serious but not really like Takeuchi's Shirou, imo.
At least compare UBW movie and HF opening Shirous.

Sorry, UBW recap movie has same level of DEENQUALITY and I would prefer to not remind myself of that shit.
Aug 1, 2013 1:16 AM

Jul 2007
Meruru said:
Fai said:

Sorry, UBW recap movie has same level of DEENQUALITY and I would prefer to not remind myself of that shit.

Quality of adaptation and quality of artwork are not the same thing.
UBW movie is pretty much worst TM adaptation, but character design is good. My only complaint about it is that they made characters look older.
Ignore it if you want, but at least find a better screenshot for ufotable Shirou.

HF-OP SHirou is not representative of Shirou, considering all we have in HFOP is

UBW movie animation is atrocious. it literally looks as if they animated it all in fucking flash.
Aug 1, 2013 2:41 AM

Oct 2007
Fai said:
Okaishi said:
Progeusz said:

You must be kidding me.

Don't feed the troll.
Please learn what 'troll' means.
Aug 3, 2013 5:19 AM

Jan 2013
Fai said:
filmftw1 said:
Unit-01 said:
No ones does, it hasn't been fully announced.

And the longer I wait for this announcement, the more impatient I get in wanting to know what will be covered and how it will be presented... better get myself a hobby 'cause waiting for this is now f*cking pissing me off.

What is known so far about this:
1. It is a thing. A thing that is confirmed to be happening.
2. Trailer had vague scenes shared by all routes, focusing on each of three girls and ending with Saber's summoning scene.
3. Trailer used remixed EMIYA song (possible the one from the vita version of VN)

That's it. Literally. Every single thing that we know about "ufotable's FSN project".
Everything else is unlikely to be known till Comiket.

Can you post the link of the trailer?

Aug 3, 2013 5:33 AM

Mar 2013
012yArthur0 said:
Fai said:
filmftw1 said:
Unit-01 said:

And the longer I wait for this announcement, the more impatient I get in wanting to know what will be covered and how it will be presented... better get myself a hobby 'cause waiting for this is now f*cking pissing me off.

2. Trailer had vague scenes shared by all routes, focusing on each of three girls and ending with Saber's summoning scene.
3. Trailer used remixed EMIYA song (possible the one from the vita version of VN)

That's it. Literally. Every single thing that we know about "ufotable's FSN project".

Dunno if it's up on the web or not at this point.

Although you can get a more detailed description(probably not in perfect order).

1. Fate/Zero Café

2. Scenes from Fate/Zero

3. "The story continued"

4. Emiya (Réalta Nua version) starts playing while a CGI Unlimited Blade Works pops up and pans up or some shit.

5. Small clips from all Réalta Nua openings

6. Shirou close up (looking at Saber)

7. Saber close up (looking at Shirou)

8. Shriou AND Saber OOOOOOO
Poorfag-chanAug 3, 2013 5:47 AM
Aug 3, 2013 5:40 AM

Jul 2007
Poorfag-chan said:
012yArthur0 said:
Fai said:
filmftw1 said:
Unit-01 said:

Dunno if it's up on the web or not at this point.

Although you can get a more detailed description.

- Fate/Zero Café

- Scenes from Fate/Zero

- "The story continued"

- Emiya (Réalta Nua version) starts playing while a CGI Unlimited Blade Works pops up and pans up or some shit.

- Small clips from all Réalta Nua openings

- Shirou close up (looking at Saber)

- Saber close up (looking at Shirou)

- Shriou AND Saber OOOOOOO

the trailer details were already listed in this thread. All three heroines get their closeups, random scenes from realta-nua op are shown, shirou is shown tracing a weapon and Saber summoning scene is newly animated. EMIYA plays through the entire trailer(except for start where it recaps F/0 stuff), there's no reference or confirmation to either of routes.

That's it. Literally.
Aug 3, 2013 11:52 AM

Jul 2013
Forgetfulness said:

I know, but she's annoying and appears so often that you can't really just ignore her :/

EDIT: Well overall, I like what all the other characters did, I just don't like why they did it, which was usually for Sakura (I know it's kinda a contradiction, but yeah...)
It's like coming up with a brilliant solution to a retarded problem
For example:

I'm guessing I'm one of the few who like Sakura, but then again, that's because she reminds me of a friend I used to have... She had a depressing past, but acted really, really nice on the outside, AND EVEN FORGAVE HER F@#%@$%%$^ #@R@$% sorry, got a little carried away there... In the end, I left her like the coward I was, because I couldn't stand through it all like the man I was supposed to be, I couldn't endure all the problems and spontaneous bouts of depression that she would have every now and then. I still feel guilty to this day, but I do continue to contact her every now and then, just to see if she's okay. And she is. She found a guy, who lives closer and is a whole lot more considerate than I ever was... and I'm happy for her. I'm happy for them both.

That's why, when I look at Shirou and I see him sacrificing his ideals for her, I cheer for him. He understands how much his girl had suffered, and that's what makes him so determined to step up and save her - a problem I left for some braver person to solve.

People don't like Sakura because they can't relate to her. They think of her situation as 'magnified', her personality as 'unrealistic', and her suffering as 'annoying', and that's understandable, because she's suffered beyond our scope of comprehension. There's a reason why the Heaven's Feel plot revolves around her, and that's because the viewers are supposed to suffer with her. But since we're introduced to her too late into her own story, we can't really grasp her mental state. Because of this, whenever she comes into the story, all we can see is a big, purple blaaaaannnnnnkkkkkk.

I can understand that. I'm pretty sure Nasu could've done a better job having people relate to her, but he didn't focus the plot on her when it was needed. Because of that, she comes off as an annoying yangire, instead of a girl in total despair -without any hope of escape- who's clinging onto her last hope, her last shining light in a pit full of darkness.

But here's hoping that Ufotable can demonstrate her character better.

If I had to liken her to anyone in this world, it would be a rape victim, and she shows obvious, and very serioues signs of RTS (rape trauma syndrome) again and again. Once again, when people see her, they're not supposed to see an annoying yangire, but reality. The cruel, merciless reality staring at you in the face, actively out to both kill you and save you at the same time.

By ignoring her, you're supposed to be a cruel, heartless idiot who can't face up to reality. In fact, isn't it funny how people are much more comfortable with constant murder and torture than rape? Did you know that the world is far crueler than what's in your imagination? I mean, seriously, we hear about inhuman things all the time, but then we quickly forget about them and go about our daily lives, pretending as if they'd never happened. Instead of accepting reality, people tend to disguise it....

...uh...

*ahem*

Sorry! Truly, sorry. I wasn't really intending to write much about Sakura, but I guess I exploded there. I don't expect other people to understand about her circumstances, and it's alright if the above seems like rambling (I basically shoved my personal thoughts and experiences into them so). This was supposed to be a short post about how it wasn't such a retarded problem, but I don't really feel like writing anymore. Again, sorry.
CarenPriestessApr 16, 2015 8:16 AM

Aug 3, 2013 4:20 PM

Sep 2011
@Mercifulness
You have a few screws loose, don't you?
Aug 3, 2013 4:25 PM

Apr 2013
I'm currently watching Fate/Zero which is the prequel to Fate/stay night. When I finished Fate/Zero is it still advisable to watch the first Fate/stay night? I hear the first adaptation was not good.

Aug 3, 2013 4:42 PM

Jul 2007
Hiryu12 said:
I'm currently watching Fate/Zero which is the prequel to Fate/stay night. When I finished Fate/Zero is it still advisable to watch the first Fate/stay night? I hear the first adaptation was not good.

Nope.

Either play the VN or wait for whatever ufotable is making.
Aug 4, 2013 1:35 AM

Jul 2013
MasterXionic said:
@Mercifulness
You have a few screws loose, don't you?

*nods* I'm not even sure why I posted that, but I feel like it'd be a waste to erase it all. But I guess it's a little weird for someone like me to be an otaku, isn't it~? xD

I'm just trying to say that Sakura Matou has suffered. Since normal people can't really understand her circumstances and mindset, she ends up as annoying, or even disturbing, instead of heartbreaking. It's not easy to understand, since many people can't understand what torture, rape and abuse really leads to, and the hatred that people hold for this 'horrible heroine' is something that translates into the real world as well (people like her, once the truth is found out, end up being treated the same way after all).

Even if it's intentionally invoked by Nasu himself, it shows just how cruel humanity can be. You know, I have to endure it whenever people express their annoyance with this character. In my eyes, I can replace Sakura with that girl I used to know, and all of a sudden it looks like cyberbullying and abuse, and it just insults her (and all others') ability to endure everything that's thrown at them.

Nasu probably could've done a better job with her portrayal, but here's to hoping that Ufotable can do that better. Sakura Matou needs to be done justice.

...Alright, I'm done now. Really. To avoid any more Sakuraramblings, I won't post in this thread again until we get the PV.
CarenPriestessApr 16, 2015 8:18 AM

Aug 4, 2013 5:13 AM

Jul 2010
Sakuramblings are okay, there's only a few who actually like her and she's by far the least popular heroine in FSN. To be honest though, I have always disliked her as well. I can symphathize with her circumstances, but this does not make me like her. So I think it's good a few people can speak up for her, as most would probably be unwilling to do so.

Though in my case it might also go hand in hand with my dislike of some aspects of HF,
Aug 4, 2013 5:30 AM

Oct 2007
@Mercifulness, very good post. It's nice to see more people understanding Sakura.
Aug 4, 2013 5:37 AM

Jul 2007
Okaishi said:
Sakuramblings are okay, there's only a few who actually like her and she's by far the least popular heroine in FSN. To be honest though, I have always disliked her as well. I can symphathize with her circumstances, but this does not make me like her. So I think it's good a few people can speak up for her, as most would probably be unwilling to do so.

Though in my case it might also go hand in hand with my dislike of some aspects of HF,

^
this
Sakura has great character build up and REALLLY shitty pay-off. Dark Sakura is entertaining but not someone you will like as a person and normal sakura during the pay off is just downright yawn-worthy.

And yeah,the spoilered problems are HUGE. Having other two routes before it sort of makes up for it, but if we were just to take HF alone for adpatation , that would be huge glaring flaws.
Aug 4, 2013 6:24 AM
Aug 2012
Progeusz said:
@Mercifulness, very good post. It's nice to see more people understanding Sakura.

I really hope that you 2 understand the difference between sympathizing and actually liking a character because it doesn't look that way to me. We understand Sakura's circumstances and feel sorry her situation but that does mean we have to like her as it is a completely different thing.......

Fai said:
Okaishi said:

^
this
Sakura has great character build up and REALLLY shitty pay-off. Dark Sakura is entertaining but not someone you will like as a person and normal sakura during the pay off is just downright yawn-worthy.

And yeah,the spoilered problems are HUGE. Having other two routes before it sort of makes up for it, but if we were just to take HF alone for adpatation , that would be huge glaring flaws.

Agree with you two.

Aug 4, 2013 6:31 AM

Aug 2012
Fai said:
...but if we were just to take HF alone for adpatation , that would be huge glaring flaws.
=/
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Aug 4, 2013 6:36 AM

Jul 2013
Well, I'm glad others understand~

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Progeusz said:

I really hope that you 2 understand the difference between sympathizing and actually liking a character because it doesn't look that way to me. We understand Sakura's circumstances and feel sorry her situation but that does mean we have to like her as it is a completely different thing.......

While I do like her, I like how she can remain patient and sweet despite all the abuse she has to suffer, I like how she loves her senpai, I don't like how Nasu handled her. When he introduced her in HF, his intention was basically to make his readers feel guilty, realize the Fridge Horror in the past two routes when it comes to Sakura, and get someone who could make a situation extreme enough to have Shirou abandon his ideals. In other words, she was treated not as a character in HF, but as a convenient plot device.

And here I am, hoping that Ufotable can give her the focus she deserves; not as a plot device, but as an evolving character.

Fai said:
Okaishi said:

^
this

And yeah,the spoilered problems are HUGE. Having other two routes before it sort of makes up for it, but if we were just to take HF alone for adaptation , there would be huge glaring flaws.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Even if DEEN's adaptations exist, they don't convey the point enough, and I highly doubt Ufotable would waste their time collaborating with them. Pretty much all Type-Moon fans are aware of this fact.

Which leaves Ufotable only two options;
1. Adapt all three routes, Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel. While it will be extremely expensive, highly extensive (like, 60+ episodes combined, taking up to two whole years), and quite the gamble, it practically guarantees the happiness of the fans if they can succeed in maintaining a constant income. But if they fail, well, that would damage them.

2. Adapt Heaven's Feel, but turn it into a sort of 'super-route', taking in elements from Fate and UBW, and turning it into an anime series that can be compared to Fate/Zero in terms of not only animation, but also storyline, balance, and characters. Saber, Lancer, and Caster need their chances to shine and be relevant to the story before suffering their respective fates, and the viewers need to grow with Shirou's stupid ideals as if it were Fate, just for a little while. While it's cost-effective, they risk alienating the fans should they fail to maintain the balance like DEEN and J.C.Staff.

Anything else, and they'll more than likely confuse their own viewers. Both options are risky in their own way, but there's no other alternative if they plan on adapting F/SN.

I wonder which path they're gonna take. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Aug 4, 2013 6:36 AM

Jul 2007
gamer2710 said:
Fai said:
...but if we were just to take HF alone for adpatation , that would be huge glaring flaws.
=/

That link leads to 404 page. Don't know what'chu talking about.

Because all we need is people to come into HF with completely wrong characterization of DEENFSN that would lead to them hating EVERYONE but Rin.

Mercifulness said:
Well, I'm glad others understand~

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Progeusz said:

While I do like her, I like how she can remain patient and sweet despite all the abuse she has to suffer, I like how she loves her senpai, I don't like how Nasu handled her. When he introduced her in HF, his intention was basically to make his readers feel guilty, realize the Fridge Horror in the past two routes when it comes to Sakura, and get someone who could make a situation extreme enough to have Shirou abandon his ideals. In other words, she was treated not as a character in HF, but as a convenient plot device.

And here I am, hoping that Ufotable can give her the focus she deserves; not as a plot device, but as an evolving character.

Fai said:
Okaishi said:

^
this

And yeah,the spoilered problems are HUGE. Having other two routes before it sort of makes up for it, but if we were just to take HF alone for adaptation , there would be huge glaring flaws.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Even if DEEN's adaptations exist, they don't convey the point enough, and I highly doubt Ufotable would waste their time collaborating with them. Pretty much all Type-Moon fans are aware of this fact.

Which leaves Ufotable only two options;
1. Adapt all three routes, Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel. While it will be extremely expensive, highly extensive (like, 60+ episodes combined, taking up to two whole years), and quite the gamble, it practically guarantees the happiness of the fans if they can succeed in maintaining a constant income. But if they fail, well, that would damage them.

2. Adapt Heaven's Feel, but turn it into a sort of 'super-route', taking in elements from Fate and UBW, and turning it into an anime series that can be compared to Fate/Zero in terms of not only animation, but also storyline, balance, and characters. Saber, Lancer, and Caster need their chances to shine and be relevant to the story before suffering their respective fates, and the viewers need to grow with Shirou's stupid ideals as if it were Fate, just for a little while. While it's cost-effective, they risk alienating the fans should they fail to maintain the balance like DEEN and J.C.Staff.

Anything else, and they'll more than likely confuse their own viewers. Both options are risky in their own way, but there's no other alternative if they plan on adapting F/SN.

I wonder which path they're gonna take. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

the thing with joining all the routes is that it is impossible. The routes were designed to be polar opposites of each other, as its essentially three VERY different lifestyles one can chose going into adulthood. Trying to merge that all together into ~20-ish episode series is the exact mistake DEEN did and the same mistake anyone could do if they were to try to adapt Tsukihime. Also the very nature of Type-Moon fanbase is that all of us are purists, thus even if by some strange miracle(highly unlikely one) Ufotable made something decent, people would STILL be dissatisfied with it - cue approaching next ufotable projects with caution(which is highly bad for them if they want to put their hands into honey pots that are Tsukihime, Mahotsukai NO Yoru, Fate/Apocrypha, Fate/Prototype and Fate/Extra).

Let's be frank. A big part of why people like ufotable i because they do mostly VERY faithful adaptations of nasuverse.
AhenshihaelAug 4, 2013 6:42 AM
Aug 4, 2013 7:26 AM

Aug 2012
Fai said:
Let's be frank. A big part of why people like ufotable i because they do mostly VERY faithful adaptations of nasuverse.
But there are also lots of people who just watch the anime without bothering with the source material. You can't really expect to know how they're going to feel because you read the source material.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Aug 12, 2013 7:30 PM
Aug 2010
Meh, not getting my hopes up at all unless its an anime series; all three routes are far too long for anything but a full anime series. If its just a movie than all we're gonna get is the piece of shit that was the "Unlimited Blade Works" movie.

Also, none of the adaption will be as good as the original because Nasu's works depend a lot on his story-telling and the protagonist's internal monologues. The Fate route was more emotion dependent so this impacted it a lot more while HF depended more on the shock and mystery of the story, but even then, HF won't be the same without these elements. UBW was in-between, with its major appeal being the plot twist that is Archer.

HF is probably the easiest to adapt so if they choose to do an anime adaption, I at least have that hope.
BobjonesAug 12, 2013 7:40 PM
Aug 14, 2013 1:21 AM

Jul 2013
SaberKurisu said:

We've been waiting for this moment, and he comes. My happiness has no borders.
死者の心は変わる。変わらなかった生きているもののほう。© Kanoe Kirie. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. vol. 9, ch. 43, scan 34

Aug 15, 2013 6:49 PM

Jun 2013
I think I will be watching this. Which is quite a feat considering the current Anime roster.
Aug 16, 2013 6:42 PM
Apr 2013
I just came
Aug 17, 2013 6:24 AM

Aug 2009
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Progeusz said:

Fai said:
Okaishi said:

^
this

Agree with you two.

I dont get how some just try hard to make her seem so bad as if there isnt anything to like about her.
Feeling bad about her and her going Dark arent the only things that she has.Even when she was Dark Sakura she went out of her way to warn Rin and Shirou to leave Fuyuki when she could had just kill both of them(or make Shirou her slave).She had all that hatred towards the world and Rin for not doing anything for/ignoring her yet she struggled to let her live.She still was Rider's Master but instead of corrupting her or using her to beat Shirou and Rin she left her with the command to protect Shirou and even when the two of them fought Saber Alter she could have easily made Rider to leave him alone.But no.Yes she is full of hatred and wants to destroy everything when she is under Avenger's influence but she still is strong enough to not just give in to that.

Forgetfulness said:

EDIT: Well overall, I like what all the other characters did, I just don't like why they did it, which was usually for Sakura (I know it's kinda a contradiction, but yeah...)
It's like coming up with a brilliant solution to a retarded problem
For example:

It's not like they had the plan from the beginning and they needed Shirou with Archer's arm to do it so even if they had the plan before the final two-three days they wouldnt be able to create it.
Aug 23, 2013 5:36 PM

Dec 2007
Fai said:

What huge flaws are we talking about here? The only things important I can think of of the top of my head is character backgrounds of certain servants which I'm sure the anime fanbase know about to some degree already. Heck Saber's background was pretty much covered already from Fate/Zero.

As for the Sakura hating. That may be the reason Heaven's Feel won't get adapted sadly. :/
Aug 24, 2013 2:43 AM

Aug 2009
Day2Dream said:
Fai said:

What huge flaws are we talking about here? The only things important I can think of of the top of my head is character backgrounds of certain servants which I'm sure the anime fanbase know about to some degree already. Heck Saber's background was pretty much covered already from Fate/Zero.

As for the Sakura hating. That may be the reason Heaven's Feel won't get adapted sadly. :/

That doesnt make any sense.If a series wouldnt be made for one char then none of the routes or FZ would get animated.

If you think that a good Heaven's Feel adaptation wouldnt sell because of Sakura then what about "all the other awesome things" HF has?
Aug 24, 2013 8:36 PM

Apr 2012
I'm pumped for this as I completely love Ufotable's adaption of Fate/Zero. That and being a complete Type-moon franchise whore (Got the fate franchise down and now working on watching/playing Tsukihime and Kara) I am 200% ready for a HF adaption! I do hope that they redo the original Fate/Stay Night though as it had it's fair share of problems... At least we have the VN to cover for that.
"Lead thy life as thou seest fit." - Hawkeye Gough
"Surrender your future." - Ramlethal Valentine
"People die when they are killed." - Emiya Shirou
Aug 24, 2013 11:30 PM

May 2012
ssjokg said:
Day2Dream said:
Fai said:

That doesnt make any sense.If a series wouldnt be made for one char then none of the routes or FZ would get animated.

If you think that a good Heaven's Feel adaptation wouldnt sell because of Sakura then what about "all the other awesome things" HF has?

^
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Aug 25, 2013 12:00 AM
Nov 2009
Definitely the best route of Fate/stay night.
Aug 26, 2013 1:25 PM

Dec 2012
Ufotable will want to aim for a sequel that best follows Fate/Zero, even if that means altering some of the original source material. I remember when I finished F/Z and started the F/SN VN, I wanted to know:

1.) Will Shirou become like Kiritsugu, having been raised by him and adopting his ideal of becoming a hero?
2.) Will Saber find solace regarding her past and realize the the problem with her wish to win the Holy Grail?
3.) What happens to Kirei and his motivation to witness the Grail's cursed power again?
4.) What happens to Gilgamesh? What happens to his desire to have Saber?
5.) What happens to Rin after having lost both of her parents?
6.) What happens to Sakura as she lives under Zouken? What will become of her relationship with Rin?
7.) What happens to Ilya after having lost her mother and never being able to see Kiritsugu again? Will she eventually come to know that Shirou is her father's adopted son?
8.) Will Waver Velvet reappear and what role will he have in F/SN?
9.) Will any of the other Servants from F/Z somehow potentially return?
10.) Will the Holy Grail/Angra Mainyu be actually destroyed in the next war?

If ufotable wants to make a successful sequel to their acclaimed series, they'll have to make sure that many/all of the questions above are addressed. After having played the F/SN VN, it seems to me that such an adaptation will likely be some mash-up of all three routes. It's the only way to properly continue the story from Fate/Zero.

The Fate route provides the resolution to Saber's character arc left over from F/Z. UBW focuses on Shirou/Archer and the clash of ideals vs. reality, as well as develops Rin the most. And only in HF do we see Sakura and Zouken and Avenger.

It might seems logical that HF is adapted simply because it hasn't yet received an adaptation, it's the darkest in tone, and is more expansive. Yet, a perfect rendition of it would mean stuff like Saber playing a minimal role, and Gilgamesh having an anticlimatic ending.

I have a feeling they will use Heaven's Feel to provide the 'backbone' for the anime, but will fill it with stuff from Fate, UBW, and HF. At least I hope so.

Personally, as long as Shirou X Rin is the main couple, I'll be okay with a HF-like adaptation (even though I liked UBW better), unless ufotable does something to make me like Sakura more than Rin and Saber.
Aug 26, 2013 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
Finally, been waiting for a HF adaptation for years.
Aug 27, 2013 2:27 AM

Aug 2009
-kV- said:
Ufotable will want to aim for a sequel that best follows Fate/Zero, even if that means altering some of the original source material. I remember when I finished F/Z and started the F/SN VN, I wanted to know:

1.) Will Shirou become like Kiritsugu, having been raised by him and adopting his ideal of becoming a hero?
2.) Will Saber find solace regarding her past and realize the the problem with her wish to win the Holy Grail?
3.) What happens to Kirei and his motivation to witness the Grail's cursed power again?
6.) What happens to Sakura as she lives under Zouken? What will become of her relationship with Rin?
7.) What happens to Ilya after having lost her mother and never being able to see Kiritsugu again? Will she eventually come to know that Shirou is her father's adopted son?

If ufotable wants to make a successful sequel to their acclaimed series, they'll have to make sure that many/all of the questions above are addressed. After having played the F/SN VN, it seems to me that such an adaptation will likely be some mash-up of all three routes. It's the only way to properly continue the story from Fate/Zero.

The Fate route provides the resolution to Saber's character arc left over from F/Z. UBW focuses on Shirou/Archer and the clash of ideals vs. reality, as well as develops Rin the most. And only in HF do we see Sakura and Zouken and Avenger.

It might seems logical that HF is adapted simply because it hasn't yet received an adaptation, it's the darkest in tone, and is more expansive. Yet, a perfect rendition of it would mean stuff like Saber playing a minimal role, and Gilgamesh having an anticlimatic ending.

I have a feeling they will use Heaven's Feel to provide the 'backbone' for the anime, but will fill it with stuff from Fate, UBW, and HF. At least I hope so.

Personally, as long as Shirou X Rin is the main couple, I'll be okay with a HF-like adaptation (even though I liked UBW better), unless ufotable does something to make me like Sakura more than Rin and Saber.
Yes I too wish that they fuck up the story infinite times more than Deen did and focus on my fav shipping./sarcasm
Aug 27, 2013 8:57 PM

Dec 2012
ssjokg said:
-kV- said:

Yes I too wish that they fuck up the story infinite times more than Deen did and focus on my fav shipping./sarcasm

Haha, well I highly highly doubt that such a change would "fuck up the story infinite times more than Deen did."
Aug 28, 2013 2:30 AM

Jul 2007
-kV- said:
ssjokg said:
-kV- said:

Haha, well I highly highly doubt that such a change would "fuck up the story infinite times more than Deen did."

It would because combining contradictory routes was EXACTLY what Deen tried to do.

Either adapt all the routes one after the other or do not adapt at all.
Aug 29, 2013 4:03 AM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:

What I meant was that I kinda just wanted Shirou to take the superhero route like several days before at the church.

Well, it's been a while since I read it and I thought about it. I guess if I was in Shirou's shoes and I didn't have a girlfriend like Sakura, I probably would also take the selfish route. But it just feels more natural for Shirou to do the "greater good". Basically, I understand why he did it but not necessarily enjoyed it

Well he did as you said several days earlier.It just isnt a good end so yeah.It IS canon though so yeah in another world or several others

I dont think so.Unlike Kiritsugu,
Aug 31, 2013 3:22 PM

Dec 2007
ssjokg said:
Day2Dream said:
Fai said:

No. What I meant was if they had a choice to adapt 1 of the 3 routes they'll adapt the one that focuses more on the more popular characters. Don't get me wrong, I love Heaven's Feel. It's my favourite route but there may be more people who liked Fate route or Unlimited Blade Works route so they'll adapt that. Fate/Zero is different. It doesn't have a 3 scenario situation.
Aug 31, 2013 4:02 PM

Jun 2009
Day2Dream said:
ssjokg said:
Day2Dream said:
Fai said:

No. What I meant was if they had a choice to adapt 1 of the 3 routes they'll adapt the one that focuses more on the more popular characters. Don't get me wrong, I love Heaven's Feel. It's my favourite route but there may be more people who liked Fate route or Unlimited Blade Works route so they'll adapt that. Fate/Zero is different. It doesn't have a 3 scenario situation.

The thing is that characters like Rin, Illya, and Kotomine get a lot of focus as well. Just as much as Sakura even. I think there is enough focus on more popular characters to make this route work for even the people who don't like Sakura ( I'm not one of those people, btw).
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 31, 2013 4:05 PM
Nov 2010
For me, it doesn't really matter which route they end up adapting because I have played all 3 routes in the visual novel and know most of the story. The HF route was only good, or rather can only be good, if one knows what happened in the Fate and UBW route: there's a reason they have to be unlocked in order. They each build upon the other: Shirou's actions in HF aren't that special unless you understand him, which requires playing the previous UBW route.

In the end, I do think they should adapt all 3 routes. Each route eventually branches out at a certain point; before then the changes are quite minor and can be highlighted and run through quickly in a single episode.

However, I do believe that HF will be adapted since its the only route which hasn't received any attention. I'm not sure people who have only watched the anime series/UBW movie will really be able to understand or appreciate it fully, but that is the job for the animation studio. What I think hard and seemingly impossible may end up being rather easily done: only time will tell.

Regardless, I'm happy ufotable is doing an anime adaptation. No matte what happens, I'm happy. (assuming they don't somehow turn into the 2nd coming of DEEN......)
Aug 31, 2013 5:48 PM

Jun 2012
I don't care what route but this is good!! XD this better be epic like fate/zero :3 XD
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 »

More topics from this board

» Kyoto Animation Adapts 'Nichijou' Author's 'City' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

Vindstot - Sep 21

36 by Mualani »»
1 minute ago

» Manga 'Gorilla no Kami kara Kago sareta Reijou wa Ouritsu Kishidan de Kawaigarareru' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - Sep 24

4 by RedChrome »»
Yesterday, 10:36 AM

» Video Game 'Decapolice' Gets TV Anime in 2026

DatRandomDude - Sep 24

5 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 7:36 AM

» 'Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf' 2nd Season in Production

Vindstot - Sep 23

13 by Aizix »»
Yesterday, 6:57 AM

» Production Staff for 'Utagoe wa Mille-Feuille' Announced

Vindstot - Sep 22

8 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 5:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.