Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 30, 2011 9:35 AM

May 2010
Ko-chan back home :S

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
May 30, 2011 11:27 AM

Jan 2011
Ko was on the clock? Take a vacation day damn it!! :C
It was sad that he went back home. And you just know that girl at his work has a crush on him. Maybe when she tries to steal him away Ohana will take action.

The preview for next week almost gave me a heart attack. No Ohana x Tooru, NO!! Stop shipping them! They're completely wrong for eachother in every way imaginable.
Bitchy Tooru should be with bitchy Minko.

Ohana, do what Ko said in the preview, come back home.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
May 30, 2011 12:56 PM

Sep 2009
I guess this show will go with an Tohru x Ohana ending...though i support Ko and ohana more since he confess first, and i love him. But tohru ohana is cute too :D If ohana don't want ko then he will be mine :D Whats with the megane-ko? lol
May 30, 2011 1:41 PM

Jul 2010
Lovely episode! Good to see Ohana found Tooru and everything went ok. Poor Kouichi wasn't able to meet Ohana in the end though. Hopefully he'll try again another time.

Now that the landlady is back and recovered, Ohana gets sick next episode! =O

May 30, 2011 3:10 PM

Feb 2010
Ko is nice and all, but no thanks. Tohru + Ohana ftw. I like their fiesty combo... and next week looks interesting...

..oh babyyy ;)
May 30, 2011 5:40 PM

Apr 2009
Tohru looks nice in a suit.

And that's all i have to say about this.
May 30, 2011 6:41 PM

Aug 2008
Even though I go KYAAA~ when I see the interaction between Tohru and Ohana, somehow it just feels wrong for them to be together, mainly because of Minko. Besides Ohana doesn't seem to feel that way towards Tohru.. for now.
So I guess I'm a Ohana x Ko and Tohru x Minko shipper. I'm also fine if their relationships remain platonic at the end of this series.
May 30, 2011 7:48 PM

Jan 2009
Persistence Prevails

Kou needs to suck it up and take the initiative to finish what he started like Ohana, lol.
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
May 30, 2011 7:49 PM

Feb 2010
get owned Ko
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2011 8:56 PM

Jul 2010
MusashiRose said:
Ko is nice and all, but no thanks. Tohru + Ohana ftw. I like their fiesty combo... and next week looks interesting...

..oh babyyy ;)

agree with you
May 30, 2011 10:15 PM

Oct 2008
Poor Kou. :/

This episode was warm and fuzzy though. :3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 31, 2011 1:20 AM
Jul 2010
This episode was seriously amazing! It passed so fast...

Anyway, on the couples issue... I like Tohru better than Ko but I he's the one for Minko. I support MinkoxTohru and OhanaxKo all the way.
May 31, 2011 2:45 AM

May 2008
Seriously, I don't want Tohru x Ohana happening :/
I'm supporting more the Minko x Tohru pairing. Ohana looks so much younger it's almost like abusing :/

But I liked the episode pretty much~
May 31, 2011 5:49 AM

Nov 2010
can't wait for the next ep after seeing that preview
poor Ko :c
May 31, 2011 7:52 AM

Aug 2010
So let me get this straight...Guy travels through the country by trains, to meet up with the beloved girl who had to move due to family circumstances...I wonder if I had seen this before

Anyhow, go Kou-kun! I'm counting on you since I support MinchixTooru. Enjoyable episode overall, glad to see the group managed even without the Landlady. I don't know who thought that the insert song was needed, that voice is just driving me mad! Someone please shoot her before I pop my eardrums. 4/5.
Mogami-kunMay 31, 2011 7:58 AM
Jun 1, 2011 1:10 AM

Dec 2008
No offense to Kou fans but I honestly hope he gets written off very soon, what a waste of time watching him be an idiot and run around aimlessly, I can't help but feel satisfied when he was shot down for a reservation at the Inn.

Then again, he's here to stay for an unfortunately long time but I hope the Good End out of all of this has nothing to do with him. Hopefully.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Jun 1, 2011 2:03 AM

Oct 2010
Mogami-kun said:
So let me get this straight...Guy travels through the country by trains, to meet up with the beloved girl who had to move due to family circumstances...I wonder if I had seen this before
Very nice catch, I am curious as to what other scenes will be borrowed from 5cm. It was rather a high rank series.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 1, 2011 11:21 AM

Jan 2009
Kou is retarded, if he really cared about Ohana I'd wait around and then be like surprise! but nah he wastes time going out to the countryside just to go back to the city :/. But I like how this episode concentrated, on the place was a complete mess without everyone and then thanks to Ohana bringing back Nako and Tohru, the place got back in order. And then in the end, they enjoyed a long days work with some fried tempura mmmm. Great episode

What had me saying wtf though in this ep was when Ohana was like "Oh this is how Tohru's hair smells? I wonder if Kou's hair smells the same?" I was like y would u want to smell it anyways? lol
Jun 1, 2011 1:37 PM

Aug 2009
Oh, I teared up in this episode at the end with the "Welcome back" scene. ;_; It was just so touching.
AND I HATE IT WHEN CHARACTERS DON'T SEE EACH OTHER WHEN THEY'RE PASSING EACH OTHER. Seriously, gah.
10/10 for this episode, it was fucking amazing.
Jun 1, 2011 4:46 PM

Sep 2007
Man, something about this show just makes me roll my eyes. Maybe it's the fact that everything turns out picture perfect or the fact that Ohana's personality is way too damn genki to be connect to at all. The only character that's even remotely interesting is Mami Noto's character. Anohana is just blowing this out of the water.
Jun 1, 2011 5:58 PM

Jun 2008
im liking this anime so far but i really, really hope nothing develops between tooru and ohana that will make me pretty much certain to drop this.....
Jun 1, 2011 6:47 PM

Nov 2009
Ko-chan you IDIOT!!!!!! Why did you leave? Ugh... Come back! Anyway, I'm torn. I love Ko x Ohana, but.... they keep on giving little Tooru x Ohana moments and.... ugh... Ko-chan, come back before I start shipping Tooru x Ohana!

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Jun 1, 2011 11:19 PM
Nov 2009
5/5

I really like the atmosphere that the anime has developed. They really came a far way from the original awkwardness of adjusting to hotel life.

Man, Minko is really tsundere done correctly. It's cute how's she's tsun to everyone but dere to Tooru. Feels more true and natural that way. Favorite character of the series and I usually dislike tsunderes.
Jun 2, 2011 6:54 AM

Jul 2009
A nice conclusion to the series' first arc. It had its flaws but overall I really enjoyed this episode.

First, the things I didn't like, namely that Ko and Ohana didn't get to meet. On the one hand, I could sort've see Ko's reason for leaving: the inn is incredibly busy so even if he went there to visit her they wouldn't have much of a chance to talk. That and I think this seperation is supposed to symbolize Ohana and Ko gradually growing apart. Do I still want to see a reunion scene between the two? Hell yes. Was I annoyed that it didn't happen in this episode? Hell yes.

That's really my only complaint with the episode as the rest of it was carried out quite nicely. I liked Ohana's search for Tohru, especially the part where her sandal breaks and she goes flying through that bush. It was nice that Minchi recieved some more character growth, being able to cook that tempura for the guests must have been a great reward for her hard work. And I'm happy that the Madam Manager is finally shaping up to be a good character.
Jun 2, 2011 7:18 AM

Jan 2010
that female worker at Ko's work totally got hots for ko-chan !
Jun 2, 2011 9:06 AM

Feb 2011
i fell sorry for kou
Jun 2, 2011 1:51 PM

Oct 2007
Its was a good episode, though it was a shame Ko didn't get his chance to surprise Ohana but honestly im 100% for Ohana x Tooru XP

can't wait for next week's episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2011 4:47 PM

Jun 2010
Arondight said:
That was painful to see how close they were, yet they didn't even see each other :(
I'm really hoping Ohana and Ko end up together in the end!

Yeah, perhaps Ko should have tried scheduling a room BEFORE arriving at the inn.
Jun 2, 2011 9:52 PM
Dec 2010
Sartaj said:
Arondight said:
That was painful to see how close they were, yet they didn't even see each other :(
I'm really hoping Ohana and Ko end up together in the end!

Yeah, perhaps Ko should have tried scheduling a room BEFORE arriving at the inn.

Maybe Kou wanted to surprise Ohana. If he registered room beforehand, she might happen to read the guest list.

I have sympathy for him after all. Try your best, Kou !
Jun 2, 2011 10:38 PM

Aug 2009
I remember when I was Kou's age, frequently a teenage boy doesn't act entirely logically, I could feel his frustration with the situation, but I doubt he has given up.
Jun 2, 2011 11:41 PM

Aug 2009
"So this is what a boy's hair smells like?" G.A.W.D. I'm rooting for TohruxOhana~! It's too sad that Ohana and Ko didn't see each other though~ LOL at Jirou. The inn's clown. xD

Crii said:
^ Come to the TooruxOhana side. We have cookies. xD

^I'll join you. Haha.

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jun 3, 2011 7:11 AM

Feb 2011
^ Welcome aboard! xD

-gives cookies-

Anyone else want to join us?
Jun 3, 2011 11:24 AM

Jun 2008
I am starting to wish females didn't watch this show because it's annoying reading all this "i support girl x guy" staff. The show certainly isn't focus on who is going out with who and relationship drama but reading the comments seems like a fucking gossip magazine about relationships.
Go watch some teen American show where everyone breaks-ups and makes-ups with everyone if that is all you have in mind.

Anyway we got the revelation on who the reporter was in the end. She even came with her mother. She seemed like a good person btw. So that poor guy got that horrible male dance for nothing. I bet he was having nightmares. And was that a penis he had drown on his belly lol.

In the end Ohana was the one that took charge in the place of her grandmother. I wonder if that will change their relationship a little and make her grandmother trust her more.

Btw what happened to Nako's bike? Didn't Ohana took it to go find Tooru? They just left it there huh. Poor Nako now she has to go and pick it up.
I'm also shocked by the shoes Ohana was wearing and traveling with the bike in such speed as we saw in the last episode.

The cook seemed to have gained his confidence after Tooru arrived. It seems he feels better when not everything is on his shoulders and he has some staff to boss around.

Kou screw-up there. If he wanted to stay in the place Ohana was working he really shouldn't have waited the last minute to call for a room. Still i don't get why he didn't try to find a room near by and just visit her. Did he only had that day free?
I wonder what that smile from that girl who seemed to be his boss was.
Jun 3, 2011 12:15 PM

Aug 2009
Agree with you there Monad... there's been waaaay too much talking about the romances, what about the plot?!? Of course this episode especially was asking for it, and the next episode too, I think the series might be heading down the romance road. Not that I will dislike it then, I love romances, but this series gave a very different first impression. This episode didn't dissappoint me, I was hoping there would have been more Ren and Tomo, but alas they only have so much time. Also, I want to know more about Nako besides her desire for friendship, like what her family is like and if she has any other friends. If you remember, she has twice gotten a phone call from someone we do not yet know. It's been really leaving me curious.
Jun 3, 2011 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
I've really liked the progression of the series thus far. I'm more excited over the interaction that may occur between the workers of the inn and Kou than Ohana and Kou themselves.
Jun 4, 2011 4:21 AM
May 2011
Poor Ko. He didn't get to see Ohana but it was his fault. Why the hell did he go back after all that effort going there to see Ohana. And maybe he could have gone to another inn. Oh well i guess Ko is just cute and stupid that way :)
Jun 4, 2011 10:16 AM

May 2010
I felt bad for Ko.

Coming all the way from the city then returned like nothing happened although he helped Ohana to keep her spirit.

And Tohru is getting closer to Ohana. Can't wait to see Minchi's reaction. :D
Jun 4, 2011 2:14 PM

Aug 2010
Ohana will have to choose between Kou-chan and Tohru, Tohru between Minchi and Ohana, Kou-chan between Namiko and Ohana. And also:

Droplet said:
Ko bores me. He's cute, but boring. So I'm all for Ohana/Tohru.

Something tells me Yuina will get more screentime somewhere in the future, but I'm not sure.
Jun 4, 2011 4:39 PM

Jul 2009
Hehe, another great episode! Watching Ohana look for Tohru was OK but poor Ko! Going all that way and choosing a bad day. I was like OMG WTF when they passed each other on the road :S
Besides, how many love triangles / squares / pentagons are there gonna be?! Another girl who could possibly like Ko ... oh god. The preview is SCREAMING Ohana / Tohru :P
Jun 5, 2011 5:55 AM

Sep 2008
Another great episode.

Feel sorry for Ko. Wasted a whole day of his free time with nothing to show for it and then gets back to work again.
Jun 5, 2011 10:36 PM

Feb 2010
I felt so bad for Tohru to leave a wedding just go back to work, though you can't resist Ohana that just journeyed all the way there and felt really bad for Ko who went back n forth on his trip that ended in failure..
Jun 10, 2011 2:43 PM
May 2011
I was first like Ko will deserve Ohana, but then Tohru came and I'm supporting Ohana x Tohru~ Lol, but Tohru is betterlooking than Ko, and even he's harsh sometimes I think he's kind after all. I think Ko will go out with that mystery woman who is wearing classes (was her name Namiko Igarashi?) I don't like Minko x Tohru, sorry Minchi. OhanaxTohru ftw.
Jun 15, 2011 9:32 PM

Aug 2010
Well, I didn't expect it to happen (Ko meeting Ohana) this early in the show.
Jun 20, 2011 10:47 PM

Nov 2009
this show is sooo beautiful. i lurvv tohru
Aug 13, 2011 2:43 AM

Nov 2010
Aww, poor Ko. Minko just annoys the hell out of me.
Oct 14, 2011 5:33 PM

Apr 2007
Anitnelav said:
Poor Kou. :/

This episode was warm and fuzzy though. :3
Exactly my thoughts~

I hate it when characters don't see each other though. It's always so sad :( I don't really have any favorite couples in this series yet, but character wise I do prefer Tohru instead of Ko-chan.
Nov 9, 2011 2:46 PM

Jul 2010
Okay. So my prediction wasn't right. Something like that will happen though ^-^!

I feel bad for Ko-chan.. :( Stupid other customers!!
Even though there was poor Ko-chan, the Tohru x Ohana moments were beyond cute. xD
AWW! Next episode Tohru x Ohana moment looks adorable!
Nov 28, 2011 4:21 PM

Oct 2009
I know it won't happen, but Minko turning yandere mode would be awesome, with the kitchen knife and everything har har.

Feel really bad for Ko, poor guy.

:'(
Dec 13, 2011 3:06 AM

Jun 2011
Aww...they missed each other. If only Ko wait there for a little bit longer. I wonder how this will end up among Ko, Tohru, Ohana and Minko.

And it seems there's a new girl set her eyes on Ko, so maybe this will end as Ohana x Tohru after all?
Feb 26, 2012 2:56 PM

Nov 2010
Lots of Tension were build up here.
Ohana crossing Ko Chan frequently, but not actually meeting each other.

The Inn run well without the Manager/Owner.

It was nice to follow an episode of this again.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

328 by Jax »»
May 5, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.