Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 29, 2011 6:54 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Congrats! Minko on your tenpura debut
But it's too much kisu-ten (sand borer tenpura) for breakfast wwww

episode:4/5

btw this girl was so ero =3
Kou-chan will be ..........
May 29, 2011 7:22 AM

Oct 2010
awww this ep was sooo nice <3
but i kinda sense some problems for kou x ohana~~
And the welcome scene made me feel that everybody is a big familiy^^
awesome anime~~
May 29, 2011 7:33 AM

Nov 2007
Ohana asking Kou-chan for help~~ and realizing when they are oppositely different places. Then going back without meeting Ohana... sigh.
tsubasaloverMay 29, 2011 7:40 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 29, 2011 7:52 AM

Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
Ohana asking Kou-chan for help~~ and realizing when they are oppositely different places. Then going back without meeting Ohana... sigh.
Looks like someone missed someone.
Lulexiaa said:
I AM SOO SORRY KO, BUT I AM SOOOOOO SHIPPING OHANA AND TOHRU NOW!!!!

THEY R SO CUTE, AND DID YOU SEE THAT PREVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!! *O*
Can't agree with you. Kou did way more shit to cheer up Ohana than Tooru did. Tooru looks to me like he cares about Ohana but next episode could get steamy that's for sure between them. Minko should be with Tooru because she is like the girl who cannot live without him and that's a powerful attachment IMO.
Yumekichi11May 29, 2011 9:56 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 29, 2011 8:09 AM

May 2009
Kou should've stayed. If he checked, he'd realize there's another inn nearby. But then, again with someone as beautiful as that at his workplace...LOL. Oh well, so much for the drama that was supposed to happen, but didn't.

Provided she knew Tohru's full name and he was on the guest list, it shouldn't have been that difficult for Ohana to find him. Well, if that's what it takes to get Ohana to fly through some shrubbery then fine.

And thank goodness the mystery guest turned out to be someone else. Imagine if that annoying "consultant" or Jiro spent all weekend pestering that woman's mother?

Oh, I love Nako's death stare.

Preview looks interesting. Ohana's turn to get sick and more stuff with Tohru...
ArcticMechMay 29, 2011 8:17 AM
May 29, 2011 8:26 AM

Aug 2010
Nice ep.. Feel kind of sad, that Ko-chan was able to meet Ohana....
Next ep , Ohana is sick .. And Tohru is so close to her..=.=
May 29, 2011 8:36 AM

Aug 2008
I knew it! they wasn't able to meet! :'(
well, everything is settle down now

Tohru, what are you doing? You have minko! Ohana is kou's, well, I don't know anymore, who is that beauty? :S
May 29, 2011 8:36 AM

May 2009
4/5
May 29, 2011 8:55 AM

Jun 2008
Zergneedsfood said:
The part where Ko and Ohana are at opposite ends was so 5 centimeters-esque.

funny that i also had that feeling, just like in 5 centimenters movie XD

Also, they definitely managed to break the cliché scene we were all expecting. Kou did the most dumb thing ever and went back home after traveling so many hours. I wasn't expecting that. it was very...illogical? Im starting to think he lost his chance with Ohana;_;
1- he works with a megane sexy girl, who will definitely try to seduce him XP
2- Tooru is really getting very close to Ohana. Judging by next episode preview, it will be Ko telling Ohana " Come home"
(If he is saying that i presume he had that part time job so he will be able to pay for her to live in Tokyo again...Damn, Ko, you´re just so cute and kind *cries*)
and well, another HUGE Tooru x Ohana moment in next ep

Damn im so divided. I love Ko so much, but i also love Tooru soooo much. *cries*

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 29, 2011 8:57 AM

Feb 2011
^ Come to the TooruxOhana side. We have cookies. xD
May 29, 2011 9:15 AM

Jul 2010
Orulyon said:
NoooooooooooO!!!!!!!!!! Touru forget that Ohana is under 18

...and the another anxiety
cant wait for next
May 29, 2011 9:22 AM

Aug 2009

May 29, 2011 9:37 AM

Nov 2010
Aww... Kou didn't meet Ohana after all...
Rooting for Tohru x Ohana now :3 An interesting preview. Can't wait for episode 10
Rinji-May 29, 2011 10:03 AM
May 29, 2011 9:38 AM

Nov 2008
The welcome back scene made this episode, so sweet.

Kou needs to meet Ohana soon.

May 29, 2011 9:38 AM

Feb 2009
This series is winning me back over. I hear episode 10 is supposed to be incredible, too.

And Ko bores me. He's cute, but boring. So I'm all for Ohana/Tohru.
May 29, 2011 9:52 AM

Oct 2010
This is a special section on Tooru x Ohana points and Minko x Tooru points.

Because I feel like doing it as point format.
Ohana x Tooru

Minko x Tooru people will be pissed because Ohana far out beats Minko in points towards Tooru and the next episode only makes her soar higher in those
  • My favorite part of course of that is the following,

major point there. Using fatigue as a excuse Ohana going into Tooru's arms spells trouble since not only the possibility is there he felt Ohana rather well but I am sure the smell might have been felt too of her. Remember he is a chef and essentially we do operate on instinct like animals so if Tooru likes the scent more and more of Ohana it could be a problem towards love development.

• Tooru patting Ohana's head and understanding her well is another major point right there. Ohana got a feel of Tooru's hand rather well there for a #2 time last I remember. I don't remember Minko getting that treatment much, well maybe but sure looks less.

• Last major point is Ohana holding onto Tooru's waist and getting a long feel of his ribs/stomach in the spoiler
    add to that it was all the way towards the inn so it was for a while. Although I sure she was hesitant of doing that at first.

Minko x Tooru

• I really root for those 2 and Minko managed to get a point that advanced her by feeding Tooru her tempura as follows,

best part of Tooru x Minko so far. No doubt about that.

About what worries me, like some people have said Kou has a major problem in the spoiler
that glasses lady was all blushed but why I am not sure. She looks trouble in the future. If this becomes the following: http://myanimelist.net/anime/147/Kimi_ga_Nozomu_Eien
shit is going to hit the fan badly. I don't know how serious they can do it but Dog Days got in my face with their changes so who knows who it will change in this series but if they were able to put ecchi, they can certainly put in serious romance.

About preview, well I guess Ohana gets sick and my best guess is the motorcycle ride gave her a chill since her clothing was awfully light. My hear will jump out in fear of another point towards Ohana x Tooru when Tooru puts his head towards Ohana's head. Here's the worrisome point, Tooru might look so much into Ohana's lips that another Ohana feature shall be a temptation for him. Rather powerful when you think how Kinji reacted to Shirayuki's lips in the most recent episode of Hidan no Aria. Right?
Yumekichi11May 29, 2011 9:57 AM

May 29, 2011 9:58 AM

Jun 2008
Crii said:
^ Come to the TooruxOhana side. We have cookies. xD

I was always more Tooru x Ohana than Ko x Ohana since the second ep;D *joins officially the Tooru x Ohana side* Yayyyy, i love cookies XD

zimno said:
Orulyon said:
NoooooooooooO!!!!!!!!!! Touru forget that Ohana is under 18

In Japan, girls can marry at 16 with parental consent, lol, so Ohana is on the age where, if Tooru wants to date her he will not be considered a pedophile XP besides he is not that much older, and older guys have a special charm.

Droplet said:

Ko brokes my heart and i think he is cute. But damn, since the second ep im shipping Tooru x Ohana, even when no one believed in them, so damn, Ill stay Tooru/Ohana, because i go "kyahhhh" with their scenes XD *im so sorry Ko, i love you, forgive me*

Sorry Minchi, it seems Tooru is really into Ohana XD

omg, cant wait for next ep~~~~that preview is so ...intense!

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 29, 2011 10:30 AM

Feb 2011
xDD I started shipping TooruxOhana since the first ep. Well, not really shipping...more like it just caught my eye. xD

And then I officially started shipping them in episode 2. xDD Even when people were so against it.

I'm happy to see that more and more people are getting on the TooruxOhana side as more episodes come. xD
May 29, 2011 10:32 AM

Feb 2010
Droplet said:
This series is winning me back over. I hear episode 10 is supposed to be incredible, too.

+1. Ko's nice but at the same time so dumb. He should looked for another inn, GOD! -.-
Can't wait for another Ohana/Tohru scenes. ~(o^∀^)o

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
May 29, 2011 10:38 AM

Jun 2010
Maybe Okami will congratulate Ohana for supporting everyone. Ko is going to get another girl. It's so obvious. Poor Ohana. I don't even know I want to pair up. The people are Ko, Ohana, Tohru, and Minchi. I'm probably for Tohru and Ohana.

Ohana gets a fever

May 29, 2011 10:42 AM

Nov 2008
13man18 said:
Maybe Okami will congratulate Ohana for supporting everyone. Ko is going to get another girl. It's so obvious. Poor Ohana. I don't even know I want to pair up. The people are Ko, Ohana, Tohru, and Minchi. I'm probably for Tohru and Ohana.

Ohana gets a fever

Lets hope that if Kou gets another girl, it won't turn into a nice boat. Keep it anchored at port.

May 29, 2011 11:12 AM

May 2011
Waaaaa I want more OhanaXTohru >/////< I want them to be together from very beginning ; D I thought I die with this episode and ep 10 is going to be more better ; )
And somehow I don't like Ko ; [ he's such a pussy goshhhh
May 29, 2011 11:16 AM

Apr 2009

Loved that Minko x Tohru moment there. :>

Also, I forgot that during the whole episode that Manager wasn't in the inn.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
May 29, 2011 11:24 AM

Sep 2010
Minko cooks , and Ko fails. I look forward to shocking developments when Ko actually sees Ohana again.
May 29, 2011 11:26 AM

Sep 2009
Why, why would you go back after spending all that time getting there, Ko? = n =

I was fairly disappointed that they didn't meet, and that other lady at Ko's workplace. Hrmmm. Makes you wonder.

Tohru looked spiffy in a suit though and that MinkoxTohru moment was definitely adorable. xD Ohana's expression as she witnessed it was just genius. Next episode looks interesting but it also looks like it'll have a lot of fanservice? What was up with the strawberry by Ohana's mouth.
May 29, 2011 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
Eeek! I prefer Ko/Ohana, but I wouldn't mind Tohru/Ohana either. I liked Tohru/Ohana during that one scene in the car when she tested out 'go die' on him, lol
May 29, 2011 11:46 AM

Jul 2009
Fairly good ep, partly thnx to the betrayal of fans' expectations about some cheesy and cliche shoujo-crap dorama lyk "Ko caught Ohana coming back with Tohru" and all that jazz. Frankly, it'd be too boring if that were to happen so I'm glad it didn't, even if in some way they did meet each other in a typically dramatic way.

As for Tohru, with the appearance of that 4-eyes gal, seems like he now has better chance with Ohana if the producers wanna 5cm/s style. However, there's the 3rd wheel called Minko, combined with the show's light-hearted tone thus far so I still doubt about such outcome. Let's see if the next ep's preview will be able to ease my doubts or not ~

Other than that, I hope that after the following ep, they will focus on some other slice-of-life aspect rather than the pairing up process because it certainly wasn't what the premise was hinting, even if romance is always a hot topic amongst rabid fans...

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

May 29, 2011 12:12 PM

Apr 2010
Poor Koichi not being able to see his beloved even tho he came all the way there.
I have to say tho that it's partly his own fault for giving up near the end if you going to do something and you made it that far then go all they way then you wont regret it latter.
I wonder if he will try again.

Tohru being surprised at Ohana coming all the way there was nice to see and it was amazing how fast they kitchen got fully operational again.
Seems like he is the one that makes it run after all.

The mystery guest was was given away near the end or at least almost given away by her own mother and it's funny to see that it wasn't the ones the writher and the manager where thinking.
It where a daughter who took her mother to a inn for some relaxation and to make a judgment on that inn.
May 29, 2011 12:32 PM

Jul 2010
kou didn't meet ohana.. wow... but he did cheer up her. i wish if he had shown his face at kissuisu. kou deserve ohana.
May 29, 2011 12:40 PM

Apr 2010
Totally feeling the 5 cm/s vibe as someone mentioned before.
May 29, 2011 12:42 PM

Aug 2010
I feel kinda sad about Ko he went through all the trouble of going there and didn't get the chance to meet Ohana, well maybe it wasn't meant to be...for now

Tohru surely has something going on for Ohana i mean look at the preview!!
May 29, 2011 12:50 PM

Feb 2011
Oh my, I'm split between Ko/Ohana or Tohru/Ohana, but at the same time I would feel bad for Minko if it became Tohru/Ohana. And waahhh, that preview! TwT
May 29, 2011 12:52 PM
Feb 2011
that preview!
May 29, 2011 1:05 PM
Jun 2009
I just love this show! It makes me feel I can do anything
Ohana <3 and sorry, but I just can't imagine Tooru with anyone exept Minchi
May 29, 2011 1:26 PM

Aug 2010
tsubasalover said:

Yeah, totally anti-climatic :/
May 29, 2011 1:28 PM
Oct 2010
TOHRU U BASTARD!
May 29, 2011 1:45 PM

Nov 2007
PREVIEW DSLKFJSAFASFE TOHRU/OHANA hnngghh. o////o although i do like ko a lot too & i feel sorry for him ffff.

BitchMaster said:
Fairly good ep, partly thnx to the betrayal of fans' expectations about some cheesy and cliche shoujo-crap dorama lyk "Ko caught Ohana coming back with Tohru" and all that jazz. Frankly, it'd be too boring if that were to happen so I'm glad it didn't, even if in some way they did meet each other in a typically dramatic way.

this so much. finally, an episode that was unpredictable for once.
May 29, 2011 2:07 PM

Oct 2010
Pepelina said:
After reading some of the comments, I began to feel as if I am watching a completely different show. I don't know, some people make it seem as if the show is this gruesome tale where nobody knows who will be the next victim. A new girl appears for a moment? Bloody hell, trouble ahead - she's probably raping that Ko kid.
Well no, I did mention she could be a future problem but at this stage it really revolves around Tooru and 2 girls. Ohana should be smart enough to reject Tooru after how Kou helped her this episode. You cannot also deny the store clerk had a rather flushed face. Whether it's natural or something else is really hard to judge as of her intro in this episode.
Pepelina said:
Tooru gave Ohana a ride? Be careful, girl, Minko will kill you in your sleep! And let's not forget to spice things up with drama!
Drama actually is good in this show. It does a nice job for the spice. However Minko does have enough anger to be able to do just that but she ain't stupid enough to kill Ohana, well I have not seen any clue as to that.

May 29, 2011 2:25 PM

Dec 2009
best episode so far

5/5
yuno6.jpg
May 29, 2011 2:26 PM
May 2011
I definitely thought of 5 cm as well during the train scene. Melancholy- I certainly prefer Ko to Tohru. I hope the show doesn't get caught up on the conflict between those two, Ohana and Minko, because it has the potential to become the focus of the show, and that would be a shame.

Always surprised by the hate Ko gets, he's a sensitive boy, is all.

The episode didn't keep up the standard of the last episode, which was one of the series' best, but it was still quite good. It deserves credit for not having Ko see Tohru and overreacting- that would've been too convenient and cliched.
JolonMay 29, 2011 2:36 PM
May 29, 2011 2:29 PM

Oct 2009
Great episode.

My favorite part was when Tohru and Ohana were on the bike together.

Also, I feel bad for Ko, he just wasted his time.
May 29, 2011 3:17 PM

Nov 2008
Kou obviously worked part time jobs so he could save up to meet Ohana. He totally deserves Ohana ): I freakin' freaked out when they didn't freakin' meet at all... not even a freakin' small glimpse... D: And now this megane girl seems to have an interest in Ko. DX And also the freakin' preview... I'm in despair oh God please nuuuuu щ(゚Д゚щ)

-ends rant-

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 29, 2011 3:19 PM

Sep 2009
And I thought something cliche will be delivered XD~ thanks

Yup. TooruXOhana beats KoXOhana. Ko is damn cute yes ( I do want to fiddle with his hair real bad! It looks so soft XD) but like Tooru way way more [he is so darn sexy!] plus him acting nonchalant in front of his crush made me like his character more <3

Was expecting hectic situation in the inn but it was more about shipping couples.
For some reason I like the writer. He is weirdly funny.
May 29, 2011 3:20 PM
Oct 2010
I'm glad we didn't have the cliche scene I was convinced we'd be seeing XD

Ko is coming a bit weak though if you ask me... the way he seems now, he might not put much resistance if the lady coworker were to make a move on him, hopefully I'm wrong again about that.

Zergneedsfood said:
The part where Ko and Ohana are at opposite ends was so 5 centimeters-esque.

Like others here, I thought that too...

ArcticMech said:
Provided she knew Tohru's full name and he was on the guest list, it shouldn't have been that difficult for Ohana to find him. Well, if that's what it takes to get Ohana to fly through some shrubbery then fine.

She did ask to see the guest lists, but out of professionalism, the receptionists declined.

BitchMaster said:
Other than that, I hope that after the following ep, they will focus on some other slice-of-life aspect rather than the pairing up process because it certainly wasn't what the premise was hinting, even if romance is always a hot topic amongst rabid fans...

You misread the premise then. It's quite simple, the coming of age, it's in the name. Or maybe you knew that but just don't like romance. IMO, romance is not necessary for that theme, but it's not out of place either if it's there. So don't bit... oh, never mind. XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 29, 2011 3:24 PM

Sep 2008
FUCK!

I wanted Ko to stay there and see a sleeping Ohana in Tohru's arms.
Glad to see that Mamiko Noto got everyone through the day though, not a surprise though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2011 3:57 PM

Feb 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
tsubasalover said:
Looks like someone missed someone.
Lulexiaa said:

Can't agree with you. Kou did way more shit to cheer up Ohana than Tooru did. Tooru looks to me like he cares about Ohana but next episode could get steamy that's for sure between them. Minko should be with Tooru because she is like the girl who cannot live without him and that's a powerful attachment IMO.

I agree ... I feel SO bad for Kou.
It doesn't feel right that Tohru's falling for Ohana ;_; Even though it seemed cute at first xD. Ah I hope Kou doesn't give up.. he's too good of a character to be left out imoo ~
May 29, 2011 4:00 PM

Oct 2007
This is Kou alliance.

Kou all they way to end~

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 29, 2011 4:15 PM

Feb 2011
I don't really see Minko as "The girl who cannot live without him (Tooru)".

The way I see it so far, its like she's infatuated with him/respects him. Take this into account:

Her parents weren't supportive of her wanting to become a chef, Ren-san and Okami-san didn´t want to give her a job, etc, etc. She felt like crap was coming down on her. And then Tooru comes and speaks up for her, he practically BEGS them to give her a job and starts teaching her himself.

IMO it just really feels like she looks up to him, you know, sort of like she feels he came to her rescue. She's probably being a bit depedant but I'm sure sooner or later she'll come to mature and realize that she´s strong on her own.

I dunno though. I'm not flaming on TooruxMinko fans. I'm just stating my opinion.
May 29, 2011 4:28 PM

Oct 2009
what... the hell. i thought this episode was so terrible.

ohana, who i normally adore, was annoying. and instead of being taught that she needs to take a breather and stop acting without thinking, she is encouraged and congratulated for her behavior. i don't understand why she can't just calm down. she was so rude and inconsiderate, barging around noisily the way she did, lmfao wow w0w.

and i am still tilting my head forever at ren suddenly not being able to FUNCTION as a CHEF because of """pressure""" oh PLEASE. you can't just completely rewire a character to suit the need for drama. that's bad writing.

and tohru/ohana is such a bad pairing i don't even.

this is honestly the first episode i've really hated oh boy. how sad, because i have been immensely enjoying this show so far.

however. the good: i still love ko, even if other people are starting to find him boring. he has this charming, melancholic look about him that i just can't get over. cute. nako is precious. and despite being one half of the worst ship of the show, tohru is probably my favorite character.

hopefully there will be maybe just a smidgen of yuina soon?!?! i like her. and hopefully next week will bring a better episode.
May 29, 2011 5:05 PM

Jul 2009
manchester said:
what... the hell. i thought this episode was so terrible.

ohana, who i normally adore, was annoying. and instead of being taught that she needs to take a breather and stop acting without thinking, she is encouraged and congratulated for her behavior. i don't understand why she can't just calm down. she was so rude and inconsiderate, barging around noisily the way she did, lmfao wow w0w.

and i am still tilting my head forever at ren suddenly not being able to FUNCTION as a CHEF because of """pressure""" oh PLEASE. you can't just completely rewire a character to suit the need for drama. that's bad writing.

and tohru/ohana is such a bad pairing i don't even.

this is honestly the first episode i've really hated oh boy. how sad, because i have been immensely enjoying this show so far.

however. the good: i still love ko, even if other people are starting to find him boring. he has this charming, melancholic look about him that i just can't get over. cute. nako is precious. and despite being one half of the worst ship of the show, tohru is probably my favorite character.

hopefully there will be maybe just a smidgen of yuina soon?!?! i like her. and hopefully next week will bring a better episode.

This post sums up all my thoughts.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

327 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.