Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
Jun 3, 2013 4:48 PM

Apr 2008
AnimageNeby said:
Darklight0303 said:
AnimageNeby said:
Darklight0303 said:
AnimageNeby said:
Darklight0303 said:
AnimageNeby said:
dankickyou said:
AnimageNeby said:
dankickyou said:
AnimageNeby said:

I agree with you that they couldn't maintain the full populace originally living there, but it should be possible for a few thousands, or at least hundreds. Granted, not much, but my point was, that if you have to choose between no hope and getting eaten, or something that gives you at least potentially a safe-haven, people would normally choose the latter option. As long as the titans weren't roaming about in their area and they had time enough to go for the inner city, it makes sense to try that (though normally, you always have some stubborn bastards that refuse to leave). But especially when they were thrown out, that should have been something that cam into their mind: it's the ONLY other possibly safe haven out there.

WTF you want them to split their thinning supply lines even more by inhabiting the pocket cities? What the fuck for? You do realize that they have a 30% minimum casualty rate when soldiers enter Titan territory. Are you seriously honest to God suggesting they sen supply squads to their death for shits and giggles to support useless pocket cities with low tactical value? SERIOUSLY?

Seriously? No. You didn't read what I wrote at all.

What you wrote made no sense. It is inefficient and not a tactically viable move.

Which proves that you didn't read my posts of it. It has nothing to do with a tactical move, but everything with staying alive and how people normally react between having a choice where no hope exists and a little hope. People choose the lesser of the bad options, in that case. It's elementary psychology.

How is it the lesser of bad options to stay in the middle of titan hunting grounds when you can go behind the wall that was not yet breached. Your logic is impossibly flawed and it's a sign of you just trying to find flaws in this series even if you have to invent them.

Well, that's just it: otherwise, they ARE in the middle of the hunting grounds of the titans. What do you think the area between wall Maria and wall rose is, once wall maria was breached?

My logic is impeccable, and I only point out things which I find to be highly unlikely if one would transport the conditions in a real life setting. For the rest, I'm highly fond of the series, and I think it's on of the best out there. Doesn't mean it's flawless.

The fact you refute even those basic logical conclusions is rather a sign of you just being a fanboy, to which NO criticism whatsoever is allowed of the series, and no possibly contradiction can't be explained away, even if you have to deny common sense.

Your logic is bullshit. It would take a day for the titans to move beyond the first pocket city. More than enough time to tell them to start evacuating via runner from the wall.

Which was why I said that it would depend on where the titans were at that moment. You have to learn to read. BTW, I hope you mean from one pocket city to another, because 'beyond' the first pocket-city they breached, they were already doing that within hours.

And which is why I said that it CERTAINLY made sense when they got thrown out again. I mean; you DO realise they weren't allowed to stay 'behind the wall that wasn't breached', I hope?

I'm not going to waste my time with you until you address dankickyou's points. If you do not, then you forfeit this already pointless debate.

Correction: I forfeit nothing. By not responding, it's YOU who de facto forfeit the debate.

Which is your prerogative, of course, but you seem to make some unwarranted assumptions about your own wish to continue the debate or not. Furthermore, I have addressed point by point your remarks that you made. Only, I find counterarguments like 'they would go insane of fear' rather contentious, since it hardly reflects reality. People, in actuality, almost never really become insane of fear. When in fear, they flee or fight: those are the basic actions done based on fear, and for the rest they seek the option that will give them the most chance on safety. Idem with your argument of people being sheep: that's equally contentious. People are NOT sheep, period. What more can I say about that kind of argumentation?

You haven't addressed jack shit. But talking to you is the same as talking to the Walls in this series. Pointless.
Jun 3, 2013 4:50 PM

Nov 2011
AnimageNeby said:

People, in actuality, almost never really become insane of fear. When in fear, they flee or fight: those are the basic actions done based on fear, and for the rest they seek the option that will give them the most chance on safety.

LMAO people in fear and stress respond positively to authority figures ie soldiers. Soldiers whose orders are to get them behind Wall Rose. Conclusion, citizens follow soldiers into Wall Rose. HERP DERP I AM RETARDED DERP
The Art of Eight
Jun 3, 2013 4:57 PM
Dec 2010
AnimageNeby said:

People, in actuality, almost never really become insane of fear. When in fear, they flee or fight: those are the basic actions done based on fear, and for the rest they seek the option that will give them the most chance on safety.

Google PSDT, it would do you a lot of good to see how wrong you are
Jun 3, 2013 4:59 PM
Feb 2013
dankickyou said:
AnimageNeby said:
dankickyou said:
AnimageNeby said:
dankickyou said:
AnimageNeby said:

I agree with you that they couldn't maintain the full populace originally living there, but it should be possible for a few thousands, or at least hundreds. Granted, not much, but my point was, that if you have to choose between no hope and getting eaten, or something that gives you at least potentially a safe-haven, people would normally choose the latter option. As long as the titans weren't roaming about in their area and they had time enough to go for the inner city, it makes sense to try that (though normally, you always have some stubborn bastards that refuse to leave). But especially when they were thrown out, that should have been something that cam into their mind: it's the ONLY other possibly safe haven out there.

WTF you want them to split their thinning supply lines even more by inhabiting the pocket cities? What the fuck for? You do realize that they have a 30% minimum casualty rate when soldiers enter Titan territory. Are you seriously honest to God suggesting they sen supply squads to their death for shits and giggles to support useless pocket cities with low tactical value? SERIOUSLY?

What you wrote made no sense. It is inefficient and not a tactically viable move.

Which proves that you didn't read my posts of it. It has nothing to do with a tactical move, but everything with staying alive and how people normally react between having a choice where no hope exists and a little hope. People choose the lesser of the bad options, in that case. It's elementary psychology.

Nope. Ok lets say 3000 people stay in the pocket city. Where do they get food? Agriculture? lets say they break some buildings to make space. Its unlikely they will make enough food but lets say they can in your little fantasy world. Animal husbandry? If you used all the remaining land for farming you cant no longer keep animals unless you want them to graze your fields clean. What happens if a single harvest fails? You no longer have any animals as backup for starvation. Now, how about gas fpr the soldiers? where are they going to get supplied? How about firewood? Ep1 showed us that it is essential to their lives. But no are no trees in the pocket cities. Your population dies in its first winter. How about medicine? How are they going to make medicine? Where is the industry base needed for carpentry, masonry, engineering, etc? Without that how can they fix anything that is broke. IE IT IS A STUPID AND NON VIABLE PLAN.

It's perfectly feasible to survive with small animal farms and crops of vegetables. Of course, if the crops fail, they would have it very difficult; but that's true if the harvest fails behind wall Rose too. I doubt the weather is THAT local that it makes a difference where it fails; if it freezes, for instance, it'll freeze everywhere in that area.

I do think your point of not having wood is pretty good. And difficult to come by; one could surmise one could use the wood of the buildings for the first or second year, but it would take quite some time to grow tress, indeed. It's the first good counterargument I heard, as of yet.

That said, I want to stress - since it seems you still think I was talking about some tactic or something - that it's not meant as some strategic plan to expand humankind. Of course, the option sucks. But it sucks A LOT LESS then being driven out of wall Rose, and being eaten alive by all the titans that are roaming about.

What I'm saying, thus, is, that, if those circumstances ACTUALLY would happen in real life (taken that those giants would exist and what not), it would be logical and natural for people to go to the option which gives them the most safety. At that point, once they were back in the area with titans, and COULD NOT re-enter wall Rose, the best viable option would have been to go for those pocket cities. Certainly you can see that. The other option was being massacred by the titans. In which case, trouble with and ponderings about firewood would pale in comparison, one might presume.
Jun 3, 2013 5:01 PM
Feb 2013
dankickyou said:
AnimageNeby said:

LMAO people in fear and stress respond positively to authority figures ie soldiers. Soldiers whose orders are to get them behind Wall Rose. Conclusion, citizens follow soldiers into Wall Rose. HERP DERP I AM RETARDED DERP

If you do not realise they weren't allowed to stay behind wall rose, I agree with your last sentence, as far as it's implied to yourself.
Jun 3, 2013 5:06 PM

Nov 2011
AnimageNeby said:

It's perfectly feasible to survive with small animal farms and crops of vegetables. Of course, if the crops fail, they would have it very difficult; but that's true if the harvest fails behind wall Rose too. I doubt the weather is THAT local that it makes a difference where it fails; if it freezes, for instance, it'll freeze everywhere in that area.

This

Most definitely cannot support this

And bear in mind that in a bad year that huge fuck farm can fail to properly feed a village much less a fucking city.

AnimageNeby said:
dankickyou said:
AnimageNeby said:

If you do not realise they weren't allowed to stay behind wall rose, I agree with your last sentence, as far as it's implied to yourself.

Yes they were you retard. The orders were to retreat behind Wall Rose after Shigashina fell and Rose was breached.
dankickyouJun 3, 2013 5:10 PM
The Art of Eight
Jun 3, 2013 5:13 PM
Feb 2013
Fasces349 said:
AnimageNeby said:

Google PSDT, it would do you a lot of good to see how wrong you are

That's what Armin suffered. I doubt that was what all 250000 people who got thrown out from behind wall Rose were.

In acute danger, the most common reaction is the 'The fight-or-flight response', as I've said. You can google that too, if you want.

Of course, hence the 'post'. But, as studies demonstrate (such as the NCS-R) the prevalence of PTSD among adult Americans who experience traumatic events to be 6.8%. This doesn't differ much from other populations, so one can say that's a bout the general prevalence of humans. Also note that of those 250000, only a minority will have experienced grave traumatic experiences as what Armin had to endure.
AnimageNebyJun 3, 2013 5:28 PM
Jun 3, 2013 5:15 PM

Jul 2010
Wohoooooooo Levi!!!! Loved his screen time,the OST is awesome
Eren is back wohooooooo!!!
The fights were cool.
That Gneral annoyed me gosh I want him dead, wow I was excited the whole time then it ended and I went WHAT?!?
Jun 3, 2013 5:16 PM

May 2013
gettogaara said:
Iasuru said:
Am I the only one that thinks Levi will turn out to be a titan after he said something along the line of "right over here" when Hanji said something about wanting to meet titans? :/

I sort of thought that too the first time I watched it but after watching it again, it seemed more like he was annoyed that she was so focused on them and was saying he's just as dangerous as them .

I think it's more likely that Levi was making the joke that Hanji is the deviant/abnormal one, because she's so kooky.
Jun 3, 2013 5:22 PM
Feb 2013
dankickyou said:
AnimageNeby said:

This

Most definitely cannot support this

And bear in mind that in a bad year that huge fuck farm can fail to properly feed a village much less a fucking city.

AnimageNeby said:
dankickyou said:
AnimageNeby said:

Yes they were you retard. The orders were to retreat behind Wall Rose after Shigashina fell and Rose was breached.

In which case you're the retard, or unable to read comprehensively. Already in one of my first posts, I said that for those that had to leave the bulges at the instance of the breach, the wisdom of going would depend on where the titans were at that moment, and for those that were driven out later on, the options got even far further reduced and the bulges were THE ONLY options left to get some possible safety. They were NOT allowed to stay behind wall Rose. In fact, if you read the manga OR saw the anime, you should have known that. How could you have possibly missed that? Wall Rose area couldn't support them, so they were driven out, to 'fight' titans, but in reality to cull their numbers. It's all there, you know. Just rewatch it.
Jun 3, 2013 5:27 PM
Feb 2013
Darklight0303 said:
AnimageNeby said:
Darklight0303 said:
AnimageNeby said:
Darklight0303 said:
AnimageNeby said:
Darklight0303 said:
AnimageNeby said:
dankickyou said:
AnimageNeby said:
dankickyou said:
AnimageNeby said:

How is it the lesser of bad options to stay in the middle of titan hunting grounds when you can go behind the wall that was not yet breached. Your logic is impossibly flawed and it's a sign of you just trying to find flaws in this series even if you have to invent them.

Well, that's just it: otherwise, they ARE in the middle of the hunting grounds of the titans. What do you think the area between wall Maria and wall rose is, once wall maria was breached?

My logic is impeccable, and I only point out things which I find to be highly unlikely if one would transport the conditions in a real life setting. For the rest, I'm highly fond of the series, and I think it's on of the best out there. Doesn't mean it's flawless.

The fact you refute even those basic logical conclusions is rather a sign of you just being a fanboy, to which NO criticism whatsoever is allowed of the series, and no possibly contradiction can't be explained away, even if you have to deny common sense.

Your logic is bullshit. It would take a day for the titans to move beyond the first pocket city. More than enough time to tell them to start evacuating via runner from the wall.

Which was why I said that it would depend on where the titans were at that moment. You have to learn to read. BTW, I hope you mean from one pocket city to another, because 'beyond' the first pocket-city they breached, they were already doing that within hours.

And which is why I said that it CERTAINLY made sense when they got thrown out again. I mean; you DO realise they weren't allowed to stay 'behind the wall that wasn't breached', I hope?

I'm not going to waste my time with you until you address dankickyou's points. If you do not, then you forfeit this already pointless debate.

Correction: I forfeit nothing. By not responding, it's YOU who de facto forfeit the debate.

Which is your prerogative, of course, but you seem to make some unwarranted assumptions about your own wish to continue the debate or not. Furthermore, I have addressed point by point your remarks that you made. Only, I find counterarguments like 'they would go insane of fear' rather contentious, since it hardly reflects reality. People, in actuality, almost never really become insane of fear. When in fear, they flee or fight: those are the basic actions done based on fear, and for the rest they seek the option that will give them the most chance on safety. Idem with your argument of people being sheep: that's equally contentious. People are NOT sheep, period. What more can I say about that kind of argumentation?

You haven't addressed jack shit. But talking to you is the same as talking to the Walls in this series. Pointless.

Then learn to read. I addressed all of your points. In fact, I've even grouped it into 4 points in one post, especially to facilitate your ability to follow which of your points I was addressing.

Of course, when you're being wilfully obtuse, no amount of logical arguments will suffice.
AnimageNebyJun 3, 2013 5:30 PM
Jun 3, 2013 5:28 PM

Mar 2013
Really guys? Who wins at the end of this argument anyways? It's pretty fucking stupid. I mean, to be fair, I argued about the plausibility of Mikasa's abs a few episodes ago but, well....
Actually, never mind. Continue.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jun 3, 2013 5:32 PM

Nov 2011
AnimageNeby said:

In which case you're the retard, or unable to read comprehensively. Already in one of my first posts, I said that for those that had to leave the bulges at the instance of the breach, the wisdom of going would depend on where the titans were at that moment, and for those that were driven out later on, the options got even far further reduced and the bulges were THE ONLY options left to get some possible safety. They were NOT allowed to stay behind wall Rose. In fact, if you read the manga OR saw the anime, you should have known that. How could you have possibly missed that? Wall Rose area couldn't support them, so they were driven out, to 'fight' titans, but in reality to cull their numbers. It's all there, you know. Just rewatch it.

LMAO you talking about the operation to retake Maria? HAHAHA the elite of the elite of the Recon Corps suffer 30% casualties when they go into Titan infested Maria. What in the living fuck makes you think that any of the refugees got anywhere close to the pocket cities located 250 kilometers through Titan infested hellhole.
The Art of Eight
Jun 3, 2013 5:41 PM
Feb 2013
Pusswookie said:
Really guys? Who wins at the end of this argument anyways? It's pretty fucking stupid. I mean, to be fair, I argued about the plausibility of Mikasa's abs a few episodes ago but, well....

;-)

I'm also at loss at the venom and personal namecalling one gets if one makes even the slightest of criticism on a series. It's like for some it's impossible to allow anything that could possibly 'lessen' (in their mind) the series. Typical fanboyism. No series is perfect. It's not because one points out something, that one is attacking the series as a whole and one doesn't appreciate it anymore.

The ONLY thing I was saying, that it's strange that of the people who got thrown out later - and they were with 250000, after all - nobody seemed to have gotten the idea to go to the remaining bulges. Certainly, at that point, it were clearly the best options to get the greatest chance of survival. Sure, it wouldn't be comfortable, and it would involve hard work, and possibly famine, and no firewood, etc. And they wouldn't be able to sustain everyone (if they still were with thousands remaining by then). All true.

But I'm not claiming it was a tactical plan. I'm saying that, in reality, a considerable part of that group should have realised that was where their only chance for safety was, so normally one would expect them to go towards those bulges, and at least some of them should have made it.

But nooooeeess; this is impossible for the fanboys. It would imply the series is not perfect.

For f- sake, I wish people would be a bit more nuanced about things like this. It's not a for-or-against-the-series issue. It's just an observation.
AnimageNebyJun 3, 2013 5:51 PM
Jun 3, 2013 5:48 PM
Feb 2013
dankickyou said:
AnimageNeby said:

LMAO you talking about the operation to retake Maria? HAHAHA the elite of the elite of the Recon Corps suffer 30% casualties when they go into Titan infested Maria. What in the living fuck makes you think that any of the refugees got anywhere close to the pocket cities located 250 kilometers through Titan infested hellhole.

Finally you're getting it. That took long enough.

Even if they suffered 95% causalities, some of them could still have reached there. In fact, maybe due to the culling, there wouldn't be an overnumbering which couldn't possibly be sustained anyway.

But in any case, point being: what was their other option, apart from just being eaten? As I said, it was the least bad option they had at that moment.
Jun 3, 2013 5:50 PM

Apr 2010
AnimageNeby said:
Pusswookie said:

;-)

I'm also at loss at the venom and one gets if one makes even the slightest of criticism on a series. It's like for some it's impossible to allow anything that could possibly 'lessen' (in their mind) the series. Typical fanboyism. No series is perfect. It's not because one points out something, that one is attacking the series as a whole and one doesn't appreciate it anymore.

The ONLY thing I was saying, that it's strange that of the people who got thrown out later - and they were with 250000, after all - nobody seemed to have gotten the idea to go to the remaining bulges. Certainly, at that point, it were clearly the best options to get the greatest chance of survival. Sure, it wouldn't be comfortable, and it would involve hard work, and possibly famine, and no firewood, etc. And they wouldn't be able to sustain everyone. All true.

But I'm not claiming it was a tactical plan. I'm saying that, in reality, a considerable part of that group should have realised that was where there only chance for safety was, so normally one would expect them to go towards those bulges, and at least some of them should have made it.

But nooooeeess; this is impossible for the fanboys. It would imply the series is not perfect.

For f- sake, I wish people would be a bit more nuanced about things like this. It's not a for-or-against-the-series issue. It's just an observation.

So your asinine plan was based on the 250k people that got thrown out actually make it through the titan infested area to one the pocket cities, with anyone left intact?

Jun 3, 2013 5:54 PM
Feb 2013
antonn said:
AnimageNeby said:
Pusswookie said:

;-)

I'm also at loss at the venom and one gets if one makes even the slightest of criticism on a series. It's like for some it's impossible to allow anything that could possibly 'lessen' (in their mind) the series. Typical fanboyism. No series is perfect. It's not because one points out something, that one is attacking the series as a whole and one doesn't appreciate it anymore.

The ONLY thing I was saying, that it's strange that of the people who got thrown out later - and they were with 250000, after all - nobody seemed to have gotten the idea to go to the remaining bulges. Certainly, at that point, it were clearly the best options to get the greatest chance of survival. Sure, it wouldn't be comfortable, and it would involve hard work, and possibly famine, and no firewood, etc. And they wouldn't be able to sustain everyone. All true.

But I'm not claiming it was a tactical plan. I'm saying that, in reality, a considerable part of that group should have realised that was where there only chance for safety was, so normally one would expect them to go towards those bulges, and at least some of them should have made it.

So your asinine plan was based on the 250k people that got thrown out actually make it through the titan infested area to one the pocket cities, with anyone left intact?

?

Who was talking about a plan?

I make an observation that it is strange that none of them went for the option that gave them the most chance for safety (at that point).
Jun 3, 2013 6:05 PM
Oct 2008
Thanks to the brilliant minds over at Japan, now EVERYONE can eat Eren!

https://twitter.com/george_10g/status/339229877486096384
Jun 3, 2013 6:27 PM

Jan 2012
OMG i'm gonna shit... that eren!!!
Jun 3, 2013 6:29 PM
Aug 2012
fanks_177 said:
You're going to what.
Jun 3, 2013 6:37 PM
Jun 2013
AnimageNeby said:
antonn said:
AnimageNeby said:
Pusswookie said:

;-)

?

I make an observation that it is strange that none of them went for the option that gave them the most chance for safety (at that point).

Alright, i made an account just because of this conversation. I fully agree with you AnimageNeby. I fully agree on this observation. I actually think though that some people may have thought of this, but here is the thing. From Wall Rose to one of the bulges, it's 250Km away. There's also the fact inbetween those areas are infested with titans. Considering that soldiers have a hard time surviving in a bulge to fight, I doubt civilians can get all the way there with all those titans in the area. You also can't outrun a titan without a horse, and it's still possible they can catch up.

There, all the other people responding to you were really pissing me off.
Jun 3, 2013 6:39 PM

Jul 2011
^Too cute
Jun 3, 2013 6:59 PM

Apr 2012
People are getting too worked up over this show.
Jun 3, 2013 7:13 PM

Feb 2009
Raetin said:
AnimageNeby said:
antonn said:
AnimageNeby said:
Pusswookie said:

;-)

?

Alright, i made an account just because of this conversation. I fully agree with you AnimageNeby. I fully agree on this observation. I actually think though that some people may have thought of this, but here is the thing. From Wall Rose to one of the bulges, it's 250Km away. There's also the fact inbetween those areas are infested with titans. Considering that soldiers have a hard time surviving in a bulge to fight, I doubt civilians can get all the way there with all those titans in the area. You also can't outrun a titan without a horse, and it's still possible they can catch up.

There, all the other people responding to you were really pissing me off.

Not only this, but if you manage to get a small number of people who can live there and grow enough food to survive, it's not like they can make other necessities. Anything they can't make easily on site (medicine, clothing, tools, etc) has to come from the main city, and any kind of slow moving caravan to bring it is just like a free snack for titans. It's just not sustainable in the long term.

Anyone who ran there is just asking to screw themselves over and would probably just be written off as a "casualty" by the higher ups, so not really worth wasting the time to mention in the series.
JOHJJun 3, 2013 7:28 PM
Jun 3, 2013 7:29 PM

Jun 2012
Well, good episode. I feel like nothing much really happened in this episode, but it was still enjoyable, and that soundtrack is really awesome IMO. The soundtrack really adds alot to the scenes.

What was that Eren-Titan transformation at the end? He transformed into half a titan? I prefered the badass titan from before, but maybe he is not used to that transformation power-jutsu-spell-thingy?

I was also wondering at the beginning of the episode, don't they get dizzy by spinning that much? I mean, it does add power to the attack I guess, but it doesn't seem to be the optimal way, especially when you have to fight against multiple enemies. Maybe they have super-orientation abilities and take gravol before each battle?

Overall, the series is quite enjoyable for the time being. Really looking forward what is coming next
Jun 3, 2013 7:33 PM

Mar 2013
nnangle said:
fanks_177 said:
You're going to what.

A lot of people post while on the toilet.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jun 3, 2013 7:36 PM

Dec 2010
I'm raging because there's never enough in one episode to satisfy me. Not that it's bad. I just want moar!
Sacrificing sleep and sanity for more anime-induced dopamine.
Jun 3, 2013 9:18 PM

Aug 2011
AnimageNeby said:
Pusswookie said:

;-)

I'm also at loss at the venom and personal namecalling one gets if one makes even the slightest of criticism on a series. It's like for some it's impossible to allow anything that could possibly 'lessen' (in their mind) the series. Typical fanboyism. No series is perfect. It's not because one points out something, that one is attacking the series as a whole and one doesn't appreciate it anymore.

The ONLY thing I was saying, that it's strange that of the people who got thrown out later - and they were with 250000, after all - nobody seemed to have gotten the idea to go to the remaining bulges. Certainly, at that point, it were clearly the best options to get the greatest chance of survival. Sure, it wouldn't be comfortable, and it would involve hard work, and possibly famine, and no firewood, etc. And they wouldn't be able to sustain everyone (if they still were with thousands remaining by then). All true.

But I'm not claiming it was a tactical plan. I'm saying that, in reality, a considerable part of that group should have realised that was where their only chance for safety was, so normally one would expect them to go towards those bulges, and at least some of them should have made it.

100% this. A little speculation around here is taken as a personal insult. God forbid you do anything but sing to the heavens about the wonders of this show. I love it so far but as with every other media there are things I do not like as much as others. I just wish discussing that didn't cause people to pop a blood vessel.
Jun 3, 2013 9:20 PM

Sep 2011
I think most manga readers need to shut the fuck up. That good for keeping the atmosphere non-haughty as eell as keep it free from spoiler
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 3, 2013 10:31 PM

Sep 2009
Its been a long time without following any new-season anime. And now, the hype burns. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurns... I love how the giants are drawn, ,loved the berserk Eren giant and now... God damn it, the colossus appeared the same way!

I bet the armor giant and the colossus are humans trying to end that kind of "lifestyle" . I hope they dont ruin the plot with stupid arrogant ideals.
I shall live a hundred lives in a thousand worlds
Jun 3, 2013 10:53 PM
Apr 2013
Jun 3, 2013 11:03 PM

Feb 2012
Hanji looks like sasha's mom and levi looks like eren's dad xD
Jun 3, 2013 11:07 PM

Oct 2011
Really curious why everyone hates Eren as a titan. Especially when he was even helping them defeat other titans before.
In the situation they're in, I'd prioritize survival.
Jun 3, 2013 11:12 PM

Nov 2011
LaLaLaidarR said:

100% this. A little speculation around here is taken as a personal insult. God forbid you do anything but sing to the heavens about the wonders of this show. I love it so far but as with every other media there are things I do not like as much as others. I just wish discussing that didn't cause people to pop a blood vessel.

Discuss it all you want. Just dont be like that stuborn fool with ridiculous ideas that he wont give up on despite it being prove nonviable with anyone more than 2 braincells to rub together. HE pretty much ignored all my points and goes "its a problem, but not really a problem herpderp"
The Art of Eight
Jun 3, 2013 11:15 PM

Nov 2012
Pusswookie said:
nnangle said:
fanks_177 said:
You're going to what.

A lot of people post while on the toilet.
That's true, in fact I'm posting while on the toilet right now.

OT: Erens VA idk, it's sort of starting to bug me.
Jun 3, 2013 11:44 PM

May 2012
Huechi said:
gettogaara said:
Iasuru said:
Am I the only one that thinks Levi will turn out to be a titan after he said something along the line of "right over here" when Hanji said something about wanting to meet titans? :/

I sort of thought that too the first time I watched it but after watching it again, it seemed more like he was annoyed that she was so focused on them and was saying he's just as dangerous as them .

I think it's more likely that Levi was making the joke that Hanji is the deviant/abnormal one, because she's so kooky.

Ah, you're probably right. I just assumed he was referring to himself because he turned her head to face him before saying "Right here."
Jun 3, 2013 11:45 PM

Nov 2009
Louchan said:
Amarrez said:
Louchan said:
Am I the only one who found it both hilarious and awesome how Mikasa was totally ready to ditch Armin in order to save Eren?

Armin had 3DMG, Eren did not. Armin could save himself.

But he was completely frozen and didn't even try to.

And Mikasa didn't even look at him, she was completely focused on saving Eren. Had Eren not pulled away from Mikasa to run for Armin, he would have been ditched and blown away.

As expected of Mikasa. XD

Jtangamer said:
AirStyles said:
I really like how Levi is said to be a clean freak, yet he'd hold his dying subornate's bloodied hand...

I thought that he'd refuse to hold his hand, I was wrong.

I can now see why people are so excited about him. One thing I like to note is that my manga reading friend is also surprise when Levi held hand with his dying subornate.

Anime original scene?,

No, he just has cares more about his comrades than his own cleanliness.

That shit takes balls man.

That's one of the biggest reasons why everyone loves him
Jun 4, 2013 12:12 AM

Dec 2012
Jtangamer said:
AirStyles said:
I really like how Levi is said to be a clean freak, yet he'd hold his dying subornate's bloodied hand...

I thought that he'd refuse to hold his hand, I was wrong.

I can now see why people are so excited about him. One thing I like to note is that my manga reading friend is also surprise when Levi held hand with his dying subornate.

Anime original scene?,

No, he just has cares more about his comrades than his own cleanliness.

That shit takes balls man.

That's one of the biggest reasons why everyone loves him

And he can kill everyone else because of his cleanliness, which is why I like him :)
Jun 4, 2013 2:16 AM

Jan 2012
zellami said:

he can kill everyone else because of his cleanliness, which is why I like him :)

... I don't even.

I see this thread has got pretty heated since I last looked. I was expecting some dissenting voices in the hype crowd before this ended after reading the manga. I'm surprised to see so many so soon though, the Shingeki Defence Force is as venomous as always, but the numbers with differing opinions seems to be growing.
Jun 4, 2013 2:53 AM

Apr 2008
^If we're venomous then you're the king of passive aggressive. Then again you'd pick the side that goes against this series anyway even if the bloody logic behind it is impossibly flawed.
Jun 4, 2013 2:55 AM

Nov 2011
ReasonDesu said:
zellami said:

he can kill everyone else because of his cleanliness, which is why I like him :)

... I don't even.

I see this thread has got pretty heated since I last looked. I was expecting some dissenting voices in the hype crowd before this ended after reading the manga. I'm surprised to see so many so soon though, the Shingeki Defence Force is as venomous as always, but the numbers with differing opinions seems to be growing.

Tee hee I give snarky comments without actually participating in the discussion. I'm so sneaky tee hee.
The Art of Eight
Jun 4, 2013 3:04 AM
Feb 2013
dankickyou said:
LaLaLaidarR said:

Discuss it all you want. Just dont be like that stuborn fool with ridiculous ideas that he wont give up on despite it being prove nonviable with anyone more than 2 braincells to rub together. HE pretty much ignored all my points and goes "its a problem, but not really a problem herpderp"

Of course we're discussing it all we want. But you don't take a hint, even of others, do you? They were refering to to way you address things. It's fine to not agree, but your 'herpderp' and calling people fools and ignorants because you feel rubbed the wrong way by the observation I make, says more about you than about anyone else.

Namecalling and flamebaiting is a sign of weakness and points to a lack of good arguments, imho (well, apart from the fact it could just be trolling). I prefer logical and rational arguments instead, though I do not mind reacting in kind to how others respond. If that remains polite, it's polite, if one gets personal, I don't mind doing the same.

But anyway, I already addressed your last remark. Let me quote from a former post of mine:

"That said, I want to stress - since it seems you still think I was talking about some tactic or something - that it's not meant as some strategic plan to expand humankind. Of course, the option sucks. But it sucks A LOT LESS then being driven out of wall Rose, and being eaten alive by all the titans that are roaming about.

What I'm saying, thus, is, that, if those circumstances ACTUALLY would happen in real life (taken that those giants would exist and what not), it would be logical and natural for people to go to the option which gives them the most safety. At that point, once they were back in the area with titans, and COULD NOT re-enter wall Rose, the best viable option would have been to go for those pocket cities. Certainly you can see that. The other option was being massacred by the titans. In which case, trouble with and ponderings about firewood would pale in comparison, one might presume."

You continue to completely ignore this, but that doesn't mean I didn't address your point, thus. I already said numerous times it's true it's not an ideal choice, and many harships will befall them and many things could go wrong concerning the long-life sustainability of those pocket cities. But what I AM saying is, that it's the best of the bad choices they have at that point.

People DO NOT ponder how the lack of firewood will affect their life next year, for instance, if the only other alternative is getting eaten by titans while roaming the lands aimlessly. It's natural for people to go for the option that gives them the most chance of survival, which in their case at that point, would have been the pocket cities.

The fact that you're being willfully obtuse in that regard and refuse to acknowledge this, says a lot about who's the real fool or not. As some of the new posts indicate - who do remain polite, btw - it may be it was actually tried but they didn't succeed. That's always possible, though I'm going to respond more in depth to them later on this issue. That's something completely different than refusing to acknowledge the principle of the point I was making, and claiming they wouldn't do it because it would spell possible famine or they would go 'insane' of fear.
Jun 4, 2013 3:06 AM

Jan 2012
Darklight0303 said:
^If we're venomous then you're the king of passive aggressive. Then again you'd pick the side that goes against this series anyway even if the bloody logic behind it is impossibly flawed.

I'm actually impartial to either crowd and I like the show, I guess it's hard for you to imagine anything other than being a sheep, I love watching this immature for or against mentality. Lemmings make me giggle, oh the nostalgia.

dankickyou said:

Tee hee I give snarky comments without actually participating in the discussion. I'm so sneaky tee hee.

I admit it was a rather pointless comment but come on "he can kill everyone else because of his cleanliness, which is why I like him" I really had to bite when such retarded statements are being thrown around. That about sums up the mental capacity of this thread 90% of the time.
ReasonDesuJun 4, 2013 3:11 AM
Jun 4, 2013 3:08 AM
Dec 2011
Average show and episode.

I'm pretty keen for the series to pick up with the manga, pretty generic and sub par right now in comparison to it's superior series in the genre.

+
Soundtrack
Production
Action

-
Characters
Slow Development
Plot
Jun 4, 2013 3:10 AM

Mar 2012
AnimageNeby said:

So...wouldn't it make sense some stayed there? And even if not, say that they went all to the inner gate and left the whole area... wouldn't it have been a logical destination to go for, when they were forced out the inner wall because they were with too many?

I would assume that some of them did, perhaps a lot of them; but that they were probably all killed off or so many were that the survivors are irrelevant to the story now.

Let's put it this way: if I was suddenly tossed out on my ass in Titan territory, given a spear and told: "Fight and die!" I would probably bee-line it for one of the bulges too. But I probably wouldn't make it, and whether anyone followed me would be a completely different story. I mean, maybe we would make it; soldiers who go out to engage the Eotens (Eoten till I die, niggra) only suffer 30% casualties, we can assume that those who are running away/hiding might suffer less.

Let's say that 5,000 of the 250,000 try to make it to the bulges. Let's say that 30% of them die. That leaves 1500 left. Probably too many to support, so let's say they lose a further 1/3 of their population in the first months. That leaves us with 1,000, probably mostly males (we aren't sure how the female/male ratio of the cast-aways was, but it would be reasonable to assume it wasn't 50/50) So let's say we have 200 females and 800 males. Well, that's not super sustainable, so we'd have a lot of rapes, crimes, killings, etc. That would probably kill another 200 or so (mostly males). So now we'd be left with ~200 females and ~500 males. More sustainable, but still not very nice.

At that point though, that particular society is inconsequential to the wider tale. It's barely over town-size. Further, it's completely exposed to the Titans with no means of defense. Maybe they survive, maybe they don't. They would be cut-off though, so definitely irrelevant. It's an interesting point, but I highly doubt we will ever see any solid evidence either way. I can forgive the show for not dealing with that particular subject though.
Let's go bowling.
Jun 4, 2013 3:18 AM

Nov 2011
ReasonDesu said:

I admit it was a rather pointless comment but come on "he can kill everyone else because of his cleanliness, which is why I like him" I really had to bite when such retarded statements are being thrown around. That about sums up the mental capacity of this thread 90% of the time.

I actually mean your comments about the the Shingeki Defence Force. We were pretty much trying to prove how unlikely AnimageNeby pocket city theory is, not actually defending the show itself on this occasion. :V My bad if you misunderstood my post I should have quoted better.
The Art of Eight
Jun 4, 2013 3:31 AM

Mar 2012
dankickyou said:
ReasonDesu said:

I actually mean your comments about the the Shingeki Defence Force. We were pretty much trying to prove how unlikely AnimageNeby pocket city theory is, not actually defending the show itself on this occasion. :V My bad if you misunderstood my post I should have quoted better.
But his comments were pretty spot on. The theory isn't entirely implausible, in fact, it makes a lot of sense. I can see calling it irrelevant, but being so heated about it being COMPLETELY RETARDED is going too far.

Further, the fact that two people responded to the jab at the "Shingeki Defence Force" within the hour, is a pretty good indication that ya'll are a little to sensitive about this whole thing. Better yet was that both of you responded pretty venomously, lol. I understand defending a show, I understand getting heated about it, but damn son(s), take a chill pill.
Let's go bowling.
Jun 4, 2013 4:12 AM
Feb 2013
Darklight0303 said:

You're mistaken: I'm actually quite fond of the series. I think it's one of the best of this season. What I pick is logical reasoning when watching an anime, whether that goes for or against (some aspects of the coherency of) the series. I'm not one to nitpick about the lipstick/gloss of Miska's lips, for instane. Neither do I make a big deal about the rather unlikey behaviour of their 3D gear; that's leeway given to the story, hich has a fantasy setting, after all.

But some things, like the absence of people making deep cellars, or not going to the pocket cities when it's their only choice left for potential safety has a higher degree of unlikelyhood that can not be explained by just it being a detail or leeway to a fantasy setting. At least, not if one wants to depict the people there responding as people in a realistic way - and the mangaka did exactly that. It's fantasy, but it's portrayed as reality, not some OP-like gagstyle where nothing makes much sense. The story and setting of SnK wants to remain coherent. Well, the above points I raised diminishes that coherency a bit. It does not mean the series becomes bad or is now worthless. It just means those particular aspects were lacking. They could still be remediated if the mangaka offered some plausible in-story explanation.

I'm not categorical or absolute about it; for instance, Tingy came with a possible explantion about why soldiers didn't make big underground passageways one could reasonably accept. So I'm open to *rational* arguments.

However, if I point something out that is clearly obvious if you look at it objectively and logical, and one only gets irrelevant or non-logical answers back as counterarguments, I stand with what I said, yes. Call that passive aggressive, but I don't see why I should refute logical argumentation because you guys are pissed off by it and start namecalling.

Now, I ask you to look at some of your own counterarguments given. Surely you must acknowledge that saying they won't go there because they would go 'insane of fear' and because they are 'sheep' do not provide the most convincing of arguments.

Some of the arguments of dankick were better - which I acknowledged, btw, but you guys seem to miss that - like the lack of firewood. However, it makes little sense to argue that people would find a possible (or even certain) lack of wood next year more pressing and drive them more anxious than just roaming the countryside aimlessly, 'fighting' giants without any hope of survival.

A far better argument would be the one that the next two posters and also stopdrop said, though it has it's own drawbacks (but far less) when you think about a certain fact that is in the manga but not in the anime yet. But at least those counterarguments are reasonable and make sense.
Jun 4, 2013 4:19 AM
Jun 2008
The pocket city theory sound nice, could save some land and a perfect place for those convict and unrest.It does look like a jail city . lol
Seriously, people are called hero for just staying in those bulge city with one side Titan and the other a safer side , and now you want them to have surrounded by giant . Think about the fear and pressure just to live inside .
Jun 4, 2013 5:02 AM
Apr 2013
the OST in this EP was fucking awesome
11/10
Pages (23) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1656 by ExecrableDan »»
Yesterday, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

247Eyes - Jul 13, 2013

546 by LT637_Anime »»
Jun 1, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1555 by flimmyjimmy »»
May 19, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.