Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
May 5, 2013 11:43 AM

Oct 2012
Love this series 9/10 from me. Probably some of the best animation I've seen in a series.
Now I'm off to play the VN as I've heard the anime for Fate/stay night isn't quite as good.
May 5, 2013 12:19 PM

Aug 2009
Koybz said:
Love this series 9/10 from me. Probably some of the best animation I've seen in a series.
Now I'm off to play the VN as I've heard the anime for Fate/stay night isn't quite as good.

*fanboy mode on*
Why did you watch FZ before reading FSN?Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?*fanboy mode off*

FSN anime is so full of adaptation decay that Ryunosuke seems more tolerable than Shirou...or any other mc.
May 5, 2013 12:30 PM

Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
Koybz said:

*fanboy mode on*

FSN anime is so full of adaptation decay that Ryunosuke seems more tolerable than Shirou...or any other mc.

I really have no idea why I watched the anime first but I don't regret since it was awesome. I might read the FZ novels too but I probably should have read them before watching the anime too..

and yeah, I've heard plenty of things about the FSN anime to nearly put me off it completely but I'll probably end up watching it after I complete the VN just to compare it for myself.
May 5, 2013 1:09 PM

Aug 2009
Koybz said:
ssjokg said:
Koybz said:

*fanboy mode on*

I really have no idea why I watched the anime first but I don't regret since it was awesome. I might read the FZ novels too but I probably should have read them before watching the anime too..

and yeah, I've heard plenty of things about the FSN anime to nearly put me off it completely but I'll probably end up watching it after I complete the VN just to compare it for myself.

Whether you read FZ's LN or watch the anime wouldnt matter as long as you read Fate/Stay Night first.

Now you lost some pretty big twists of FSN.Like Sakura's past,the real Kiritusgu,who is the blonde guy that appears in the prologue(Gil),the irony in chars thoughts,Kirei having killed Tokiomi,Ilya's father etc....Well you dont need them to enjoy FSN but they do add a lot to it.
May 5, 2013 1:45 PM

Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
Koybz said:
ssjokg said:
Koybz said:

*fanboy mode on*

Whether you read FZ's LN or watch the anime wouldnt matter as long as you read Fate/Stay Night first.

Now you lost some pretty big twists of FSN.Like Sakura's past,the real Kiritusgu,who is the blonde guy that appears in the prologue(Gil),the irony in chars thoughts,Kirei having killed Tokiomi,Ilya's father etc....Well you dont need them to enjoy FSN but they do add a lot to it.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. I don't think knowing these plot twists will take away much of the enjoyment of the VN from me (hopefully) but I certainly would've gotten a better experience from the VN if I played it first.
Well, there's nothing I can do about it now other than just playing the VN.
May 8, 2013 3:11 PM

Sep 2008
A bit late but!

Nothing will take the pleasure of reading VN away from you. Even knowing whole story won't do that.
When you first hear the chanting in UBW, you'll understand what I mean.
When you get "bad" ending in HF, you'll understand what I mean.

Hell, I'd go so far and say first walkthrough is by far the weakest one.

Unlimited blade works is pure gold. Nothing short of perfection. All that Shirou lacked in "main" story he more than makes up.
Heavens feel is, dear lord, emotional as frack. Especially not-good ending. But damn will you feel like Shirou is badass after getting it.
nina4lifeMay 8, 2013 3:24 PM
May 9, 2013 4:27 PM
Apr 2013
What was with all that mud? I know it is a weird manifestation of the grail and whatnot but what happened to that form afterwards? Did it just fuck up the city and dissipate?
Sp00kyTanukiMay 11, 2013 4:39 PM
May 10, 2013 9:59 PM

Feb 2012
Great finish, my favourite was definitely Kiritsugu's anguish as he frantically searched the ruins. It's incredible seeing a character's whole philosophy change, just like that.

Overall, this series was great, but wasn't what I was expecting. I expected the main focus to be on Kiritsugu and Saber, rather than giving equal time to most of the servants. Personally, I would have preferred more Kiritsugu and Saber badassery, she always seems to pale a bit in front of the other characters (though where would the conflict be if Saber could easily defeat any servant? I can understand the writer's dilemma...). It's an 8 or 9 out of 10 for me.

It's great to see how all the character's motivations are setup for Fate/Stay Night, and I'm really craving more Fate/ related media right now. As soon as I get a PC (aka running bootcamp...) I'll be playing the F/SN visual novel, I know everyone says it was much better than the anime.

Does anyone have any recommendations of other Fate/ stories I should check out?
May 10, 2013 10:29 PM

Jun 2009
Fate/hollow, I guess. But, it's sort of a sequel to the Fate/stay night VN anyway, so you should read that first. If you liked the Fate/stay anime then the VN should knock your socks off. Prepare for an investment, though, but it's worth the time.

Edit: I forgot the most important thing: the translation for Fate/hollow isn't finished. But, it should somewhat soon given it's at around 96 percent complete.
Ston3_FreeN7May 10, 2013 10:38 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 11, 2013 1:07 AM

Feb 2012
insan3soldiern said:
Fate/hollow, I guess. But, it's sort of a sequel to the Fate/stay night VN anyway, so you should read that first. If you liked the Fate/stay anime then the VN should knock your socks off. Prepare for an investment, though, but it's worth the time.

Edit: I forgot the most important thing: the translation for Fate/hollow isn't finished. But, it should somewhat soon given it's at around 96 percent complete.
insan3soldiern said:

Great! Thank you!

I'm very keen to play the VN, though I'm not overly a fan of H-games (despite the fact that my two favourite anime are based on H-games ^_~)
May 11, 2013 1:50 PM

Sep 2008
Kamio-chan said:

I'm very keen to play the VN, though I'm not overly a fan of H-games (despite the fact that my two favourite anime are based on H-games ^_~)

No worries. Game contains maybe 4-5 H-scenes and if I'm not mistaken there's a censor patch out there available for getting. You can just CTRL through those scenes though. They're short and have next to 0 meaning for story. Well, except for Heaven's feel route, there they actually contribute a lot.
The reasons for H-scenes in FSN VN are incredibly silly and they're also done incredibly silly. I was laughing through most of them.
May 12, 2013 9:59 PM

Sep 2012
Wow that was something alright. That ending was so breath taking, it wasn't sad but the way they wrapped everything up was incredible. Loved it to the very end, even though I hated Kiritsugu in the very beginning. He turns into one of the best MC's I have ever seen. Very well done, 10/10.
May 17, 2013 9:49 AM

May 2012
Disgusted

Fark

Nap time

FALLOUT4May 17, 2013 10:16 AM
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
May 31, 2013 3:13 PM

Sep 2009
Wow loved this second season, so much happened compared to the first one...
Jun 1, 2013 3:03 AM

Aug 2009
Hisio said:
Wow loved this second season, so much happened compared to the first one...
Are you sure?
Jun 7, 2013 8:26 AM
Sep 2012
OK ending, wasn't terrible, but nothing great.
Overall this show had very interesting ideas and themes but ultimately wasted them implementing and saturating shonen elements and cliches.

3/5 for the ending.
6/10 for the whole show.
Jun 12, 2013 8:18 AM

Apr 2013
The ending had this split feel to it.

Overall 7/10.
Always-HungryApr 30, 2014 2:17 AM
Jun 12, 2013 10:41 AM

Nov 2012
kariya illusion strike again.. I was thought it was true -_-

btw I'm ready for stay/night :3 looks like will be more interesting :3
we will see the new Rin XD
Jun 12, 2013 10:46 AM

Aug 2009
makarov52 said:

*Facepalm*
Jun 22, 2013 12:40 PM
May 2013
Very strange a chaotic ending I except more about this episode very funny momment when Kirei speak English lol The anime was good and the character are badass I think for Archer +_+
Jun 23, 2013 5:09 AM

Jul 2007
makarov52 said:
kariya illusion strike again.. I was thought it was true -_-

You must either be INCREDIBLY new here, or trolling.

No one likes FSN adaptation. NO ONE. And FOR A GOOD REASON. To the point that Fate/Zero pretty much ignores it even exists and does its own shit CORRECTLY.

Its crappy. Seriously crappy. Its spits on everything the original work it tries to "adapt" set out to do, it destroys one of the most interesting and complex main characters ever and it mishmashes a bunch of random shit into one eyeball-cancer-inducing trainwreck.

Seriously. Just read the VN instead.
Jun 24, 2013 7:27 PM

Jul 2010
I've been longing to say this for a while now and I just remembered it, but has anyone noticed that in the first series (Fate Stay Night) the first scene there was Gilgamesh fighting with Saber and I was assuming that scene will be part in the last episode of Fate Zero. Well, it wasn't! They didn't fight at all. I was a little disappointed that it did not reflect the first scene in Fate Stay Night.

Nevertheless, the series was still great.

/end of rant
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Jun 24, 2013 11:19 PM

Jul 2007
hatahari said:
I've been longing to say this for a while now and I just remembered it, but has anyone noticed that in the first series (Fate Stay Night) the first scene there was Gilgamesh fighting with Saber and I was assuming that scene will be part in the last episode of Fate Zero. Well, it wasn't! They didn't fight at all. I was a little disappointed that it did not reflect the first scene in Fate Stay Night.

/end of rant

As far as I remember, that fight in the shitty FSN anime was yet another shitty filler. Had Gil TRULY fought Saber, Saber would be swiss cheese. FSN VN does not start that way

And as I said, F/Zero ignores FSN trainwreck anime even existing.
AhenshihaelJun 24, 2013 11:25 PM
Jun 24, 2013 11:23 PM

Aug 2009
hatahari said:

/end of rant
That is because that scene was original shit that DEEN created.
Any fight between Saber and Gil in FZ would end just like Rider's did.
Jun 24, 2013 11:56 PM

Jul 2010
Now I know. Thanks a lot for the info guys!! I can now be at peace with Fate Zero.
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Jul 10, 2013 7:36 PM

Feb 2013
This has been an awesome ride. Although it sucks that I haven't watched F/SN yet.

I might just read the visual novel as a lot people say.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 18, 2013 10:21 PM

Oct 2008
Well, that was an underwhelming experience. I'll give both seasons a 7/10 for now cause despite it all, it stillhas some good qualities, but it's way too flawed. I don't understand the obsession with this series, frankly. I mean the story's pretty predictable, the dialogue is full of cliches, the pacing isn't good (to say the least) and even the battles aren't that good, considering how great the animation is. I can probably name dozens of anime with much worse animation, that have battles way more exciting than this. Besides that, I personally didn't enjoy it much either, so this is certainly an anime I wouldn't even consider rewatching ever. And the ending was kinda anti climatic, but it was nice to see that kid from FSN, I guess.
Jul 19, 2013 9:40 AM
Dec 2012
this series deserves a 10/10. This episode was epic, but my mind is a little bid fucked...
What to do next with my life? I haven't watched F/SN... but I heard that one was not as good as F/Z
Jul 20, 2013 3:10 PM

Aug 2009
HATUL300 said:
Well, that was an underwhelming experience. I'll give both seasons a 7/10 for now cause despite it all, it stillhas some good qualities, but it's way too flawed. I don't understand the obsession with this series, frankly. I mean the story's pretty predictable, the dialogue is full of cliches, the pacing isn't good (to say the least) and even the battles aren't that good, considering how great the animation is. I can probably name dozens of anime with much worse animation, that have battles way more exciting than this. Besides that, I personally didn't enjoy it much either, so this is certainly an anime I wouldn't even consider rewatching ever. And the ending was kinda anti climatic, but it was nice to see that kid from FSN, I guess.
For someone that has watched FSN...no shit.

I dont get the praise NGE,Akira and Alita get either but what can I say?

VocaloidxAnime said:
this series deserves a 10/10. This episode was epic, but my mind is a little bid fucked...
What to do next with my life? I haven't watched F/SN... but I heard that one was not as good as F/Z
READ.THE.VISUAL.NOVEL.
Jul 20, 2013 9:15 PM

Oct 2008
ssjokg said:

That's fine. And it's understandable because those have very different qualities from this one. To each his own, I guess. I'm just saying, I don't get what's so great about this series. I concede that the premise is interesting and creative, but imho the rest is kinda lacking.
I could be wrong, but I don't think this series will be remembered for much 15 years from now (unlike the ones you've mentioned, that are classics).
Jul 21, 2013 3:46 AM

Aug 2009
HATUL300 said:
ssjokg said:

That's fine. And it's understandable because those have very different qualities from this one. To each his own, I guess. I'm just saying, I don't get what's so great about this series. I concede that the premise is interesting and creative, but imho the rest is kinda lacking.
I could be wrong, but I don't think this series will be remembered for much 15 years from now (unlike the ones you've mentioned, that are classics).
Fate/ is around for almost 10 years now and the oldest Type Moon series is 14 years old.They will easily be remembered.

And classics=/=good.Alita aside,NGE and Akira have nothing going for me except the "revolution" hey brought in the industry.
Jul 21, 2013 4:37 AM

Oct 2008
ssjokg said:

Fate/ is around for almost 10 years now and the oldest Type Moon series is 14 years old.They will easily be remembered.

And classics=/=good.Alita aside,NGE and Akira have nothing going for me except the "revolution" hey brought in the industry.

I don't know about the whole Fate franchise, I don't read VN's or LN's or whatever the hell it is. But I'm pretty damn sure this anime won't be the next NGE.

Also, did you read the Akira manga? I understand if people don't like the anime, but the manga....
Jul 21, 2013 4:59 AM

Aug 2009
HATUL300 said:
ssjokg said:

I don't know about the whole Fate franchise, I don't read VN's or LN's or whatever the hell it is. But I'm pretty damn sure this anime won't be the next NGE.

Also, did you read the Akira manga? I understand if people don't like the anime, but the manga....

Why would it be the next NGE?This was about people remembering it not for changing the industry or splitting anime fans to two sides.

No I didnt.Unlike other shows that I didnt enjoy Akira didnt make me care about the story or the chars at all so I dont want to know much about it.
Jul 21, 2013 5:17 AM

Oct 2008
Maybe NGE is a bad example, but I still don't think it's going to be much of a classic, is what I'm saying..
Jul 21, 2013 5:31 AM

Aug 2009
HATUL300 said:
Maybe NGE is a bad example, but I still don't think it's going to be much of a classic, is what I'm saying..
ssjokg said:

ssjokg said:

This was about people remembering it not for changing the industry or splitting anime fans to two sides.
Jul 21, 2013 9:01 AM

May 2013
Great series, I really enjoyed it, just debating a 9 or 10 rating right now.
Jul 21, 2013 12:34 PM

Jul 2012
HATUL300 said:

I think you hit the nail on this one. It's entertaining for the most part, but something feels missing. Maybe they can remake it in a few years.
Jul 21, 2013 12:54 PM

Jul 2007
cub said:
HATUL300 said:

I think you hit the nail on this one. It's entertaining for the most part, but something feels missing. Maybe they can remake it in a few years.

There's no need to remake a perfect adaptation.
Jul 21, 2013 3:17 PM

Aug 2009
cub said:
HATUL300 said:

Ofc something is missing.The whole FSN(VN) experience that you should have.
Knowing the events of FSN before watching it makes it a lot better.
And before anyone says it yes that is the right order FSN->FZ.
Jul 21, 2013 11:33 PM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
Ofc something is missing.The whole FSN(VN) experience that you should have.
Knowing the events of FSN before watching it makes it a lot better.
And before anyone says it yes that is the right order FSN->FZ.

Not fond of VNs so I guess I'll wait for the new FS/N. I hope it'll be better this time.

Fai said:

There's no such thing as perfect.
Jul 22, 2013 11:51 PM

Oct 2008
cub said:

Fai said:

I don't read VNs (hell, I'm not even sure I know what they are), but I don't think the problem with this series is that it's a "bad adaptation", since most people who read the source material are very satisfied with this. I think the main problem is with the material itself.
Jul 23, 2013 2:34 AM

Aug 2009
HATUL300 said:
cub said:

Fai said:

I don't read VNs (hell, I'm not even sure I know what they are), but I don't think the problem with this series is that it's a "bad adaptation", since most people who read the source material are very satisfied with this. I think the main problem is with the material itself.

"I didnt like it so the original material is also bad"

All those subjective opinions about a series that isnt the type of genre you can enjoy.
Jul 23, 2013 3:27 AM

Oct 2008
ssjokg said:
HATUL300 said:
cub said:

Fai said:

All those subjective opinions about a series that isnt the type of genre you can enjoy.

Well, You said similar things about Akira so..

And yeah, this is my subjective opinion, and I gave reasons for why I have this opinion, that's all. And the fact that people who read the source material are satisfied with this adaptation, demonstrates that the source is not that different and that I shouldn't bother with it.
HatulJul 23, 2013 3:31 AM
Jul 23, 2013 3:35 AM

Aug 2009
HATUL300 said:
ssjokg said:
HATUL300 said:
cub said:

Fai said:

Well, You said similar things about Akira so..

And yeah, this is my subjective opinion, and I gave reasons for why I have this opinion, that's all. And the fact that people who read the source material are satisfied with this adaptation, demonstrates that the source is not that different and that I shouldn't bother with it.

Who said that Akira-like anime isnt my type?

What I said about Akira is that I am not interested to read it.And you yourself said that you understand why I couldnt like the movie.Never said that the manga is "equally bad".

As for FZ,since you cant accept magic as its premise or even understand char motives and reasons it isnt the fault of the anime or LN.

So stop acting like there is "some problem" with any of them.
Jul 23, 2013 3:46 AM

Oct 2008
Wait, who said FZ like anime isn't my type? I can accept magic as the premise (even Berserk has some magic, and it's my fav manga), but the presentation of it here is messy, it feels contrived and all over the place. That was my arguement.
And yes, I don't find the the motives of the masters very interesting (even after they were explained properly) and Gilgamish agrees with me.
And again, I'm just expressing my opinion. No need to go ape on me.
Jul 23, 2013 5:31 AM

Aug 2009
HATUL300 said:
Wait, who said FZ like anime isn't my type? I can accept magic as the premise (even Berserk has some magic, and it's my fav manga), but the presentation of it here is messy, it feels contrived and all over the place. That was my arguement.
And yes, I don't find the the motives of the masters very interesting (even after they were explained properly) and Gilgamish agrees with me.
And again, I'm just expressing my opinion. No need to go ape on me.

Again you talk as if magic in any series needs some universal rules.And FZ even the anime has many established rules with the basic ones for the War ,clearly explained.Unlike Berserk where they can add any magic power to the Godhand,witches or elves and say "it's magic, the end"

uninteresting=/=illogical,vague.

Yes sure."I have no interest in this series so I will just imply that both it and the source are of mediocre quality."
Jul 23, 2013 7:40 AM

Oct 2008
I'm sorry, but the magic wasn't explained properly at all, they just expected the audience to accept that worms increase your mana for some reason (and other such things) with hardly explaining anything. In Berserk things are based on well known mythology, so it doesn't really beg for an explanation like in FZ. Besides, the magic in Berserk is just another fantasy element, while in FZ it's basically everything! so you would expect more from it.
And when did I say that the master's motives are illogical? I said that some of them were vague in season 1 and then they were explained better in season 2. And I still think they were uninteresting (that's my opinion, I hope you can live with that).
And I never even said that this series is bad or mediocre, I just said it's flawed. And I didn't enjoy it either, so I probably shouldn't read the source material.

There's no point in continuing this conversation, you just can't accept that not everybody thinks FZ is a masterpiece.
Jul 23, 2013 7:57 AM

Aug 2009
HATUL300 said:
I'm sorry, but the magic wasn't explained properly at all, they just expected the audience to accept that worms increase your mana for some reason (and other such things) with hardly explaining anything. In Berserk things are based on well known mythology, so it doesn't really beg for an explanation like in FZ. Besides, the magic in Berserk is just another fantasy element, while in FZ it's basically everything! so you would expect more from it.
And when did I say that the master's motives are illogical? I said that some of them were vague in season 1 and then they were explained better in season 2. And I still think they were uninteresting (that's my opinion, I hope you can live with that).
And I never even said that this series is bad or mediocre, I just said it's flawed. And I didn't enjoy it either, so I probably shouldn't read the source material.

There's no point in continuing this conversation, you just can't accept that not everybody thinks FZ is a masterpiece.

o what you want is something like:Fire is created like this,the worms are like this etc.Yes seems reasonable./saracm
The Berserk Armor as far as I know isnt based on anything.The beheliths too.I still accepted them.To me it looks more like "I must find reason to make it look flawed" than "I cant accept t"

Key word:imply.

Yes that's why I hunt them down to their profiles and try to change their opinions.
Jul 23, 2013 8:09 AM

Oct 2008
Okay, last post..
Just so you know, I don't need to bash FZ's magic elements to make it look flawed, it has other problems, like it's pacing, the cliche lines and some of the story itself. But I won't talk about it here, I'll probably do it in a review later on.
Anyway, have a nice day..
Jul 23, 2013 8:20 AM

Aug 2009
HATUL300 said:
Okay, last post..
Just so you know, I don't need to bash FZ's magic elements to make it look flawed, it has other problems, like it's pacing, the cliche lines and some of the story itself. But I won't talk about it here, I'll probably do it in a review later on.
Anyway, have a nice day..

With your favs you cant talk about pacing.Cliche lines are everywhere,some of the story was bad because you couldnt care about the chars and it had magic.Now if you want to beautify that have fun with that.
Pages (27) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

591 by DeadlyPhysnom »»
Aug 25, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 21, 2012

642 by DeadlyPhysnom »»
Aug 23, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AkkaAkka - Apr 7, 2012

380 by landofthekwt »»
Aug 21, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

656 by Forum »»
Jul 11, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

729 by Forum »»
Jul 11, 4:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.