Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 »
Jun 5, 2012 3:41 PM

Jul 2011
THE ENDING SUCKED imo!! seriously though ciel was acting like a selfish little bitch and sebastian has to actually BE his bitch for the rest of eternity!! thats fucked up.. at the end of season 1 i was so happy to see both of them satisfied even if that meant sebastian eating his soul.. but this ending they both look angry and horrified and like they HATE each other... i cant live mt life knowing it ended like this i really hate myself for watching season 2 im highly disippointed
5/10
Jun 19, 2012 7:48 PM

Jan 2012
I was unsatisfied with the ending of the first season. I know he made a contract but I didn't want Ciel's soul to be devoured by a demon. I think that by making him a demon and having Sebastian as his demon companion/servant, they will make one hell of a soul-stealing force together.

I grew to like Ciel more than Sebastian so I don't feel too bad that Sebastian has to serve him forever.
Jun 21, 2012 8:34 PM
May 2012
Poor Sebastian ... lost their freedom so that Ciel had "peace."
I wanted him to continue with the "young master", but by choice.
The "rebel cat" now will forever be the "obedient dog".
Jun 23, 2012 11:38 AM

Jun 2012
I'm so happy that Alois' life ended well. Goodness knows he's been through enough. Hannah's significance to Luka was a bitter-sweet twist in the story.

This could have ended several different ways and I would've been completely happy with it. I feel like I was kind of left hanging, I mean... NOW what's Ciel going to do?

Poor Sebastian. He'll probably end up cutting his arm off again....
Jul 2, 2012 6:10 PM
May 2011
Did not like the ending. Ciel becoming a demon? I literally did not see it coming and I was actually just waiting for the scene where his soul would finally get devoured by Sebastian like I wanted, OR maybe have a totally different ending. But never did I expect that Ciel would become a dolphin flipping demon.

DAMN. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Jul 15, 2012 6:50 PM
Dec 2011
I feel sooo sorry for you Sebastian!!!!! Forced to live FOREVER with demon-Ciel! WHAT?! That was an unexpected ending though. -.- totally did not see that coming.
It's cool that Ciel turned into a demon (he looks super evil with red eyes! *squeals*) but I don't linke that Sebastian has to be his butler FOREVER.
Otherwise, good series ^^
Jul 21, 2012 12:03 PM

May 2012
Damn great final episode was quite amazed and confused at the same time! I feel kinda sad for Sebastian that he needs to be Demon Ciel's Butler for eternity!

But defiantly great ending of the second season! Up to the specials :D
Aug 11, 2012 9:47 AM

Jun 2011
My feelings are really messed up right now, did I love or hate this 2nd season?
I was really confused throughout the 12 episodes and up until thel 11th episode I was rather sure nothing could save this finale anymore. Having read the manga (and I love its story line), I just couldn't really accept and understand all that's been happening thus far. I still don't even know why Lau was alive still? I understand mostly everything else.

Anyway, generally speaking I disliked the whole story line presented in this season, so I was already thinking it's hopeless, I was prepared to give this anime 4/10 or something of the like.
Yet, to my huge surprise, this ending managed to do what I thought was already impossible at this point: it was good. So right now I'm really confused what to think, the ending was surprisingly much to my liking, even though I hated everything in the plot up until now xD

I suppose I could say that I'm positively surprised by the ending, yet I can't forget and forgive all the feelings of dislike I had up until the last episode.
I'll score this as 7/10.
I would like to score it a point or two lower, but it would be wrong to score this lower than the first season, because this doesn't lose to that season.

Briefly, this was a brilliant final episode. It saved a doomed series and managed to make it pretty good :)
Oct 14, 2012 11:05 AM
Oct 2012
I'm not sure what to think. Both season 1 and 2's endings really gave me this sad and disturbed feeling.

I don't like how in the anime, especially season 2, Sebastian is so blatant about wanting Ciel only for his soul. I'm not sure if this is only because I read the manga, and on there Ciel's and Sebastian's relationship is kind of different. In the manga, his intentions are rather ambiguous-- at times, he seems to genuinely be concerned about Ciel and also genuinely proud about being an excellent butler. In the anime, he shows resentment at having to be a butler, which I find disappointing because I love Sebastian's sexy 'always-amused' attitude, and that was missing in the 'always-frustrated' demon Sebastian.

But if for example I didn't read the manga, I think I would like anime a bit better than I do right now. (Although come to think of it, what got me started on the manga was the crappiness of the Doomsday Book arc in season 1. I was so in love with the anime, but I noticed the plot was becoming incoherent and stupid, so I went and checked if it was really like that in the manga or if it's just the anime.)

I thought season 2 would redeem the anime. It did start out rather promising-- Alois Trancy was a very interesting character, even if Claude was just an unoriginal combination of Will (the Shinigami) and Sebastian. In the end though, they had to make the episodes so disjointed and rushed, and then they even had that labyrinth trial that was so retarded and out of place in Kuroshitsuji universe.

I think the ending would have been better if they ended right when Sebastian stabbed Ciel underwater. The goodbye scene just dragged it out. Compared to the rest of the season though, this last episode is probably one of the better ones.
Oct 16, 2012 8:56 PM
Nov 2009
I just finished watching the last episode of season 2 and I have a few questions I hope some of you could answer...

Was Ciel happy about becoming a demon or sad? I don't think Sebastian was happy with it at all--but I'm not sure? Now he can never eat Ciel's soul right? So he shuold be mad?

Where did Ciel and Sebastian go at the very end of the episode?
Oct 21, 2012 8:10 AM
Oct 2012
makta said:
I just finished watching the last episode of season 2 and I have a few questions I hope some of you could answer...

Was Ciel happy about becoming a demon or sad? I don't think Sebastian was happy with it at all--but I'm not sure? Now he can never eat Ciel's soul right? So he shuold be mad?

None of those were explained really. Sebastian is not happy because the Sebastian in the anime could not care less about Ciel. He just wants his soul, and now he can't have it, so he's pissed.

Ciel seems distant and cold about the whole thing. He appears smug about having trapped Sebastian into serving him forever. He doesn't seem to care about his old life anymore and wants to leave it behind, that's why he asked his servants to burn down the mansion and then had Sebastian deliver a goodbye card stating his own death to all their acquaintances.

I don't know where they went at the end of the episode though.
Nov 6, 2012 10:57 AM

Jun 2012
who else felt a yaoi vibe when they said...you are my butler...yes i'm your butler for all eternity...

lol good show...for some reason it makes me think of gosick....even though this might never happen but it would be awesome for sebas and ciel to get involved with the cast from gosick...since they are of the same genre/timeline

if anyone is up for the challenge write up a fanfiction novel of this shit lol
Nov 9, 2012 7:29 PM
Jun 2012
makta said:

to the depths of the underworld
Dec 2, 2012 1:50 PM

Aug 2012
The ending... I don't know whether I should like it or not but I think it's a great ending btw. It's hard to think of an ending so it's best to keep them together in the end. A butler will always be a butler lol. I kinda like the twist. Sebastian will continue to be Ciel's butler, they're will be together forever. Though I kinda hope they were friends rather than Master and Butler relationship. But because of the contract and Ciel's order... Poor Sebastian will be serving him forever. If only Sebastian was happier then I might like this ending a lot. But who will be happy serving the same person forever ? It's also sad to know Sebastian only want Ciel's soul but did not develop any further feelings for him. Lol. I kinda wish they will be friends and go hunt some human souls in the end.... Anyway, I really want to know where they went. The demon world maybe ? Really want to know how it looks like. And it's also great to know Alois is happy in the end too. Though I wish he and Hannah could be alive and Alois could grow up as a normal boy with a normal life. Alois life was really sad.... Oh well he got what he wanted. I hope Sebastian will grow to like to be Demon Ciel's butler.... time for the ovas.
Dec 2, 2012 1:58 PM

Aug 2012
Oh, and I forgot to mention the last dance Ciel had with Elizabeth... That was really really sad. :(

And all Ciel's servant and friends... :( I think the servants will go serve another household with Tanaka. Probably Elizabeth's ? Lol. Hope so. This is really goodbye then. Goodbye, Kuroshitsuji !!
Jan 23, 2013 7:48 AM

Dec 2012
So...

Demons can't drink tea? :P

(Or eat/drink anything for that matter?)
Jan 23, 2013 5:14 PM
Aug 2012
The ending was kinda upsetting but,
All i need to know from this is that Sebastian is upset because he failed on cei's last order, devouring his soul and ceil is upset because Sebastian failed him and punish him to served eternity as his Butler :)
KamiKaliJan 23, 2013 5:18 PM
Mar 9, 2013 7:18 PM

Feb 2013
Aw... even though I hated this season it makes me sad to see it end. Kuroshitsuji was my way to come back to Anime.

I liked the end. There weren't many ways to fit it all in just twelve episodes so this was the only way to go. I just wish Ciel would have spent more time with his servants and Elizabeth. I don't know if demons age, bah.

It was "good" while it lasted.
Mar 24, 2013 10:03 AM

Jan 2013
Dissapointed...
Mar 24, 2013 5:08 PM

Nov 2012
This ending gave me mixed feelings...I do not know why but I wanted Sebastian to eat Ciel's soul. It would make sense and now....Idk...
Mar 28, 2013 9:31 PM

Mar 2013
What the...?

Kamichan1 said:
This ending gave me mixed feelings...I do not know why but I wanted Sebastian to eat Ciel's soul. It would make sense and now....Idk...

Me too. I'm not 100% satisfied with the ending. I didn't want Ciel to die, but it was in the contract, so I was expecting it. In the end, he became a demon, so he is neither dead nor alive. It's like the screenwriters took a third choice to please the fans of both outcomes.

Seems like Alois got away with it. He, Hannah, and Luka were the only charcters who benefited from this situation. The rest are either neutral, dead or missing someone/something.

I'll give it a 7. It was OK, but I liked the first season better.
Mar 30, 2013 3:31 AM
Jul 2018

DIED? Dang. Makes me sad.

5/10
May 2, 2013 7:29 AM

Mar 2013
The ending was weird, but I finally understand everything. Mweh I really need to read to the manga.
May 6, 2013 7:02 AM

Apr 2013
Wow I'm surprised. But anyway, it's amazing. O_O
Sorry for my english. (=^-.-^=)S
May 13, 2013 12:48 AM
Apr 2012
Wow. This gave me chills. Here is my general impression of the whole anime in retrospect:

Seasons I and II both reached satisfying conclusions, but both did it rather clumsily, making it elegant and graceful in some spots and then taking pratfalls in others.

Season II was altogether too 'bright' and 'action-y' for my tastes, whereas Season I had a sad, muted, dignified feel to it that I loved, which Season II was never able to capture.

I feel really really bad for Sebastian at the end. I don't think he expected his quest for the epic meal to end in eternal servitude. Poor bastard...

I was really interested in the idea that was brought up during one of the later fights between Sebby and Claude, which was that as demons with eternal lives, they eventually become bored with everything, and they welcome anything that presents an interesting conflict (the hunt for the perfect food, a master that keeps them guessing rather than being clingy and transparent, or the very exact fight they were having at that moment).

Although up until the last episode I leaned more toward the "I wish I could pretend Season II never happened" camp, the last episode was so perfect that it changed my mind, as I'd been fervently hoping it would. The reason it changed my mind was that it fit so perfectly with Ciel's cynical, calculating character that he would make that final tricky move and essentially 'win the game.' By giving Sebastian his final order before becoming a demon (as I choose to believe at that point he knew would happen) he ensured that Sebastian would be his butler forever, and he would basically come out on top (like he always does ^^).

Checkmate!
May 13, 2013 11:32 AM
Apr 2012
Yakuri said:
Hahahaha I agree that after rooting for Sebastian (and Ciel) so much, seeing that resigned face of his at the end was a bit disappointing... but at the same time it felt EXTREMELY GREAT :D

The thing is this series is dark. People die, people get lied at, betrayed, killed, raped... the fact that he, a demon that ensnares people's souls, provoke discord, and all those things demons are known for, to end up being the one trapped... I just find it DELICIOUS and totally fitting with the dark atmosphere. It's such a damn twist after seeing Sebastian always prim and perfect always prepared as if he already knew everything beforehand for him to lose, and he didn't even just lose a human soul, he lost his own for ETERNITY.

Now again, Sebastian has been alive for a long time, so he knows about the loopholes in contracts (he plotted with Claude without Ciel knowing, for ex), it's obvious that demons can interfere with other demons' contracts and demons can die, so a way to break his contract with Ciel is to get Ciel to make a contract with a human, and manipulate the situation to his advantage. No idea how he could make it work, but I doubt he'll just stay obedient for eternity.

I gotta say that people that didn't watch the first season and this neither this second one are missing out big time. While the source material (manga) is arguably better, the anime adaptation stands up by itself and as a stand alone would have probably gotten more praise.

I agree with everything you said in here (except the part about the manga, since I haven't read the whole thing and can't really pass judgement yet) - it was dark, disturbing, and mind-screwy to the end, exactly as it should have been!
Jun 5, 2013 12:42 PM
Nov 2011
OMG!!! i hate the ending! I rather having Sebastian taking Ciel's soul rather than him being a demon.... the last scenes, Sebastian looked sooo sad..... (probs coz he couldn't take the soul that he worked/over worked for....) and Ciel's beautiful blue eyes has gone!!

poor Sebastian :(

depressing ending.... wish i only watched the first season with a great ending.... didn't like the Alois aswell (no offense to anyone)

(This is all my own opinion therefore i do not mean to offense anyone in anyway)
Jun 8, 2013 1:21 AM
Feb 2012
fair ending.... The only thing satisfied me is that sebby and ciel will be together for eternity....

and that "YES MY LORD" in the end had perfect timing... :D cool...
Jun 21, 2013 3:51 PM
Mar 2013
i mean seriously??? that was a piece of shit ... second season is zero and was no need of it at all
Aug 13, 2013 6:02 PM

May 2013
I was on the verge of tears with the last episode. I actually waited three to four months to finished this anime. To be honest, I didn't like the second season. The anime would of been more intense if it wasn't there. However, I really liked the ending for Claude and Alois (sp?). Even though the second season didn't really feel entertaining for me, I liked the end for Claude and Alois, it felt so right. This was a really good anime, fo sho.
Aug 19, 2013 4:44 PM

Oct 2009
interesting ending.

but Ciel's soul should have been eaten, I wanted that. it should have been. but I guess not..
but this anime was good, kept me on my toes.
Sebastian also didn't look happy in the end. serving Ciel for eternity but I guess that's how it should be.
NO.
Sep 15, 2013 2:45 AM

Jan 2013
Wow.....im kinda sad. Poor sebastian
Oct 3, 2013 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
Ciel gets a semi-happy ending. He can be with his butler and live forever, etc.

B-bu-but my poor Sebas-chan is forever enslaved because of his infatuation with a human soul TTnTT It's too cruel.

Alois got all FOUR of his wishes come true - everyone in the village dies, Sebastian goes through pain worse than death, finding and being with those he loves (Hannah, Luka, Claude), and making it so Sebastian can never eat Ciel's soul.

It's not fair... Dude, this kid soiled Ciel's and Sebastians' once pure relationship >=[

And now, we don't know if this unique demon life will suit our two protagonists. Season 1 ending was content and proper, but season two ending is more like a well-written fanfic that was animated... !('-') Yea... I'll just think of it like that in order to mend my broken heart ='D

Oh well, I hope Ciel lets Sebastian have a few pet kittens. The poor butler looked so sad at the end.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Oct 3, 2013 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
EarlCiel said:
And people will probably be too surprised and confused than to celebrate over his death..
If they do rejoice and skip around while expressing their happiness, let them be for they
are pretty much allowed to do that. If the get HA IN YOUR FACE YOU DESERVE IT FREAK
they might have to calm down a little...
THIS. I was definitely so sad by the end that I forgot to celebrate Claude's demise in full... So: Hip-Hip-Hooray! The soul-theif is a loooserr ;P
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Oct 18, 2013 8:55 PM
Jun 2013
wow that was pretty crappy. Only positive I got out of it was sebations pissed off look besides that what a crap way to end and it felt like some fangirl wrote this dreck. Season 1 was so good but season 2 good god. It started off interesting but boy what a letdown.Also it felt like ciel was out of character sometimes this season. Even the way he went out felt wrong. Didint feel like a thing he would do.
souledge94Oct 18, 2013 10:34 PM
Oct 29, 2013 9:39 PM

Jul 2013
Is this the end of the story??Cile became a devil and Sebestian couldn't have his soul.
Now,Sebestian will be forever Ciel's butler...
Tanaka is seen in this episode.Hoh..Hoh...
So Alois kinda helped Ciel at the end and he died to ?right?
Nov 23, 2013 12:08 PM

Aug 2011
What a fucked up ending... xD

Sebastian's face: "Kill me... Kill me please..." I love how he actually even bothered to do such a thing to Grell which he found annoying most of the time.

Luckily the manga continues even now from a "timeline" which is not found in either of the animes..

The story differences between anime and manga is just unreal.. i would suggest the manga to everyone. (ps: start from chapter 1).
stefemanNov 23, 2013 12:13 PM
Nov 25, 2013 4:52 AM

Dec 2011
In the end Sebastian only wanted to eat Ciel's soul. A pretty shocking ending seeing that I thought Sebastian would at least be able to eat Ciel's soul. All in all Ran Mao best girl!!
Dec 13, 2013 8:54 PM

Mar 2013
Sebastian's face at the end made feel horrible. I'm kinda disappointed tho.
The only thing that I could say it makes me happy, it's the fact that they're will be together for eternity.
Can't believe how this ended.
7/10
Dec 18, 2013 9:20 PM
Oct 2010
I feel so bad for sebatian , i mean, he looks so sad T-T. I count this as bad ending
Dec 29, 2013 1:57 AM
Dec 2012
I feel REALLY bad for Sebastian.
He worked so hard (for three years!) and ..and...*sigh*

Sure, he was a demon that was gonna eat the soul of a child, but still... TT^TT

and Ciel has nothing else to live for, right?
(correct me if i'm wrong,please)
Jan 30, 2014 12:06 AM

Jan 2014
The ending is kinda bittersweet.. Though I did not like Alois, I have found a new respect for him. Poor Sebastian.. Doomed to eternity.
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Feb 3, 2014 2:22 PM
エクスカリバアアアア
Oct 2011
I don't like the end of this. Not at all. The second season of Kuroshitsuji was good, maybe not as good as the first one, but still very good. But this end isn't satisfying. I've waited for Ciel to regain his memories and behave like Ciel Phantomhive. And I was so happy that he was ordering Sebastian to eat his soul in episode 11, cause he remembered that he achieved his goal and the contract was fullfilled.

But after he turned into a demon he didn't behave like Ciel. He was rather cold to Sebastian and it seemed like he was mocking him that he will have to serve him for eternity. That doesn't match his personality in my opinion. Ciel never hated Sebastian. He has no reason to bind him eternaly, baceause he has no goal to achieve anymore. I hoped for a better ending than this. As it is I'm am very disappionted.
Apr 18, 2014 8:45 PM

Dec 2010
What the hell LOL!!!!!!!!!! How did he turn into a demon though? How did Hannah do it?

Besides that though...I didn't expect that. Nope, not at all. I like it.
Apr 30, 2014 1:36 PM

Aug 2013
I cried at this episode. ;n;
Apr 30, 2014 1:38 PM

Apr 2014
The second season was pure crap. Just stick to the first one. I doubt the third season will be any better.
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
May 11, 2014 4:21 AM

Aug 2013
Well that end and the whole season was kinda dumb. I'm glad this isn't canon. The manga is better anyways.
Jul 27, 2014 7:18 PM

Jul 2012
As expected, this season does disappoint, even more so than the first one. Now I can move on with my life.
Jul 30, 2014 11:55 PM
Jul 2014
somehow the kuroshitsuji is too perfect. so i'm not very interesting in it.
Sep 6, 2014 9:26 AM

Oct 2012
I've watched till the end just to know what the 2nd season was about. I didn't like it at all. I give the whole series 5/10. I wonder if someone really liked it...
Pages (18) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shadowsword - Sep 2, 2010

364 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 25, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shadowsword - Aug 19, 2010

1505 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 24, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LadyTalion - Aug 5, 2010

208 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 24, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LadyTalion - Jul 22, 2010

200 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 23, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pheefa - Jul 15, 2010

199 by iggggi »»
Apr 20, 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.