Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (26) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2017 11:25 AM

Apr 2016
I can't find it in the FAQ or main page, is there a minimum length for manga?
Apr 18, 2017 7:57 AM

Dec 2015
Pyrii said:
I can't find it in the FAQ or main page, is there a minimum length for manga?

No, there isn't unless stated like #70 Read a manga series you can finish in one day, you can't use oneshot for this item but others are acceptable.
Apr 18, 2017 9:04 AM

May 2011
Hello! Can someone recommend me a manga for challenge 60? Any genre is fine.
Apr 18, 2017 10:07 PM

Dec 2015
Apr 19, 2017 6:23 AM

May 2011

I might try out Imawa no Kuni or The Friendly Winter. Thanks for the recs!
Apr 21, 2017 7:23 AM

May 2015
Hey looking for suggestion to number 31:
Read a manga that has inspired or been adapted to cd drama

Something nice and good... thanks for the help in advance.
PunkChinaDollApr 21, 2017 10:31 AM
Apr 21, 2017 12:54 PM

Mar 2013
TakeruChan said:

7 seeds, Ouran host club, onanie master kurosawa, Seven Days(shounen Ai), Aria, Pandora Hearts, Hana to Akuma, Taiyo no Ie, Haruhi Suzumiya, Koukou Debut

most everything else is yaoi.
Apr 21, 2017 11:42 PM
Jul 2018
TakeruChan said:

Since you've already read Zankoku and Hanshin, if you want to continue with the author : 11-nin Iru, Marginal and Poe no Ichizoku.
For Poe, the scanlation is incomplete, but the manga is 100% episodical, meaning each chapter is independant from each other, so it's not really an issue.

Other than that, I know that Girl Friends also has a drama CD.
And I'm pretty sure there is plenty more manga valid for that challenge, even outside yaoi.
Apr 22, 2017 1:19 AM

Jul 2010
Can I get a recommendation or two, please? Thank you!
Apr 22, 2017 1:29 AM

May 2015
AudioTsunami said:
TakeruChan said:

7 seeds, Ouran host club, onanie master kurosawa, Seven Days(shounen Ai), Aria, Pandora Hearts, Hana to Akuma, Taiyo no Ie, Haruhi Suzumiya, Koukou Debut

most everything else is yaoi.
lady_freyja said:
TakeruChan said:

Since you've already read Zankoku and Hanshin, if you want to continue with the author : 11-nin Iru, Marginal and Poe no Ichizoku.
For Poe, the scanlation is incomplete, but the manga is 100% episodical, meaning each chapter is independant from each other, so it's not really an issue.

Other than that, I know that Girl Friends also has a drama CD.
And I'm pretty sure there is plenty more manga valid for that challenge, even outside yaoi.

Thank you very much both of you!
Apr 22, 2017 12:48 PM

Jul 2014
Hi, I would like to read a manga for this point
Read a Historical, Military or Police manga as is not one of my favorite genres

Thanks and XOXO
FuyuNoHanaApr 22, 2017 12:57 PM
Apr 22, 2017 1:37 PM

Jun 2012
@Toasted-Reason
I'd recommend Annarasumanara , Hoshi no Samidare , Solanin and The Breaker from your plan to read list

@FuyuNoHana
Sanctuary is the best choice in my opinion
other good mangas that I read: Shin Angyo Onshi , Innocent and Koukoku no Shugosha

And I'd Also like a recommendation for challenge 60 preferably a completed manga no more than 16 volumes
Thanks (:
MegaMan-ZeroApr 22, 2017 1:41 PM
Apr 22, 2017 2:11 PM

Jul 2014
MegaMan-Zero said:
@Toasted-Reason
I'd recommend Annarasumanara , Hoshi no Samidare , Solanin and The Breaker from your plan to read list

@FuyuNoHana
Sanctuary is the best choice in my opinion
other good mangas that I read: Shin Angyo Onshi , Innocent and Koukoku no Shugosha

And I'd Also like a recommendation for challenge 60 preferably a completed manga no more than 16 volumes
Thanks (:

Id recommend https://myanimelist.net/manga/39325/Boku_dake_ga_Inai_Machi 9 volumes and thanks
Apr 23, 2017 5:08 AM

Oct 2007
Maffy said:
Maffy said:
Question! Do dancing and acting count for the "food, music or art" challenge?

Since no one is answering, I'll take it as a yes since acting is part of the arts! *wooshes*

Sorry for the wait, but sure. I'll count it.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Apr 23, 2017 2:39 PM

Apr 2016
"44. Read a manga that deals with something related to Japanese culture"

Does Me de Shireru Yoru no Junjou count, since it has to do with Edo period Yoshiwara
and the whole red light district thing?
xalistorxxApr 24, 2017 6:29 PM
Apr 24, 2017 8:51 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Thanks @tsuyokunaru c:

Another question: https://myanimelist.net/manga/5968/Anastasia_Club This revolves mostly around real events and people (such as Russian royalty, Anastasia, Rasputin, Tchaikovsky) and using historical references to bring to light some "mysteries". Can it count for "51. Read a manga based on real event or person"? The main characters are fictional, but there are a lot of ties to real people and events which are explained throughout the story.
Apr 24, 2017 9:03 AM

Oct 2007
@Maffy Hm. Well, it wasn't exactly what I expected people might use for this challenge, but it really seems like it uses some of the setting, at least from a historical point of view, so sure, you can use it.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Apr 24, 2017 9:20 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
@tsuyokunaru
When I planned to read it, I didn't think it'd apply to this kind of challenge myself, but it was surprising that most chapters showed flashbacks or deductions of real people's actions, such as Russian royalty's downfall, Tchaikovsky's death, the existence of Anastasia, the Rasputin icons, relics here and there... Some things I hadn't really ever known myself, which made me wonder. Thanks for the answer <3
Apr 24, 2017 9:47 PM

Sep 2015
Hey there, I need some help with these:
51. Read a manga based on real event or person
60. Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant in the discussion thread

I need stuff that's 5 or more volumes long for my length restriction on the challenge. I'd prefer stuff that's Slice of Life, Josei, or Seinen but I'll take a shot at anything if it catches my interest. Thank you in advance c:
Apr 25, 2017 3:28 AM

Mar 2013
Fresh_Mint said:
Hey there, I need some help with these:
51. Read a manga based on real event or person
60. Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant in the discussion thread

I need stuff that's 5 or more volumes long for my length restriction on the challenge. I'd prefer stuff that's Slice of Life, Josei, or Seinen but I'll take a shot at anything if it catches my interest. Thank you in advance c:

51. Innocent, Adolf, Thermae Romae , Kingdom, Drifters

60 Natsu no Zenjitsu, Ran and the Grey World,
Apr 25, 2017 8:36 AM

Aug 2012
Nekoutsu said:
Hey can anyone recommend me your favorite mangas?
Barajou no Kiss. It's 42 chapters and got magic and really weird scenes that make it really fun and interesting.

Apr 26, 2017 9:35 AM

Jan 2014
Does this manga Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu qualify for one set in Japan?

Thanks!
Apr 26, 2017 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
Transience said:

Thanks!

Of course it qualify.
Apr 26, 2017 7:57 PM

Mar 2013
Transience said:

Thanks!

only the first 11 chapters are translated, just so you know.

IMO, you'd be better off watching the anime and reading something else for that challenge.
Apr 27, 2017 5:55 AM

Jan 2014
lady_freyja said:
Transience said:

Thanks!

Of course it qualify.
AudioTsunami said:
Transience said:

Thanks!

only the first 11 chapters are translated, just so you know.

IMO, you'd be better off watching the anime and reading something else for that challenge.

Oh
thanks for that! :D
Apr 27, 2017 12:30 PM

Jul 2016
Can someone please recommend me something for #60 "Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant in the discussion thread"? I would prefer a comedy manga with ten volumes or less.
Thanks

Apr 28, 2017 4:25 AM

Jun 2012
@extremeplant

If you don't mind comedy not being the main genre then I'd recommend Spirit Circle or Hoshi no Samidare

I'd also recommend Doubt! its got one of the best arts I've seen in a manga
Apr 28, 2017 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
Where can I read manga online? Legally, illegally. I'll pay for it if I can and the site has the titles I want, but I don't know where to start. I've mainly just watched anime and am only now venturing more into manga. I've bought several titles: Koe no Katachi, Noragami, Fruits Basket, Orange, Say I Love You, etc. in paperback form from my local store. I'm interested in finding recent releases. Thank you.
Apr 29, 2017 9:25 AM

Feb 2014
Just another person dropping in for a rec from someone.

I'd prefer a somewhat short horror or psychological manga. I don't care if it's on my plan to read, as you can tell there's so many on there anyways.

Apr 29, 2017 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
chinesecartoonz said:
Just another person dropping in for a rec from someone.

I'd prefer a somewhat short horror or psychological manga. I don't care if it's on my plan to read, as you can tell there's so many on there anyways.

Depends of what you call "short":
Hanshin, psychological, one-shot.
Lore no Mori, horror, 1 volume.
Baptism, psychological-horror, 4 volumes.

I would also like to recommend the one-shot Yasha Gozen. It's not available on scanlation sites, but you should find it on the tumblr of Brickme. It is a really good one-shot horror manga.
May 1, 2017 8:35 AM

Jul 2015
Recommend me a manga
May 5, 2017 6:44 AM

Dec 2015
ArmSt said:
Recommend me a manga

I highly recommend Imawa No Kuni No Alice! The atmosphere of tension is quite high so it's really enjoyable. It's a psychological-survival kind of manga so it won't get you bored.
May 7, 2017 8:03 AM

Jun 2016
Hey there, I need some help with this:

60. Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant in the discussion thread.
May 7, 2017 8:18 AM

Oct 2014
thewilker said:
Hey there, I need some help with this:

60. Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant in the discussion thread.

Read Waters, Wilker-san
May 7, 2017 12:37 PM

Jan 2013
02 Read a manga that is a collection of short stories
20 Read a manga published between the 1970s and the 1980s
27 Read a manga one-shot that became a prototype for a longer series
41 Read a manga with a child MC

I'm kinda new to the manga and I have no clue what to read for these tasks. Can you guys recommend me some finished manga? If possible, I'd like something well-received that is liked by most people who decide to read it, to put it bluntly something with a good score on MAL (but if you know any underappreciated manga that you think would suit my taste then feel free to recommend them too). Anything will do except adventure shounens (like Naruto or FMA).
fuyukiMay 7, 2017 12:45 PM
May 7, 2017 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
@fuyuki

02: Shinohara Chie best of (dunno why nobody reads it).
20: Thomas no Shinzou or Versailles no Bara or Terra e.
41: Kagen no Tsuki (four 10-years old kids in the main cast, so it should fit)

These manga are my best bets for those items.
I haven't anything good for the 27.
removed-userMay 7, 2017 1:07 PM
May 7, 2017 1:17 PM

Jan 2013
@lady_freyja Thanks! It helps a lot.

Now, this one's left, anyone?
May 7, 2017 1:45 PM

Mar 2013
fuyuki said:
@lady_freyja Thanks! It helps a lot.

Now, this one's left, anyone?

Love Letters by Seo Kouji(Second story got adapted into a full length story), Naruto(one shot), haikyuu(one shot), Tokyo Ghoul(one shot), i'm sure there are some more in the FAQ.

More options for your first question:
02: Akai Mi Hajiketa, Terrarium in Drawer
20 Lady Snowblood, Claudine
41: RRR(Aozora), Suiiki(i think chinami qualifies and Sumio definitely qualifies), Inai Boku wa Hotarumachi ni Iru
May 7, 2017 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
@AudioTsunami Thanks! I'll use the Tokyo Ghoul one-shot then (I totally didn't notice that they listed those one-shots in FAQ..I see it now). And thanks for other suggestions too, I've already chosen manga for 02, 20 and 41 but the manga you recommended sound interesting so I'll use some of them for other tasks.
May 8, 2017 11:52 AM

Dec 2008
I have a question in regards to the "set outside of Japan" category. I've been thinking about picking up Billy Bat and starting it from the very first chapter now that it is published in its entirety. But from what little recollection I have about the first 90 chapters or so, the story had flashbacks that take place in Japan. Still, the story takes place primarily in the United States, does it not? Does it qualify or should I look elsewhere?
May 8, 2017 5:21 PM

Mar 2013
Eelyan said:
I have a question in regards to the "set outside of Japan" category. I've been thinking about picking up Billy Bat and starting it from the very first chapter now that it is published in its entirety. But from what little recollection I have about the first 90 chapters or so, the story had flashbacks that take place in Japan. Still, the story takes place primarily in the United States, does it not? Does it qualify or should I look elsewhere?

From the synopsis, it sounds like the story is primarily set in Japan.

"The story is set in 1949 and follows Japanese-American comic book artist Kevin Yamagata as he draws the popular detective series "Billy Bat" for "Marble Comics." When he learns he may have unconsciously copied the character from an image he saw while serving in occupied Japan, he returns to Japan to get permission to use Billy Bat from its original creator. Upon arriving there, however, he becomes embroiled in a web of murder, cover-ups, and prophecy that all leads back to Billy Bat."
May 9, 2017 5:23 AM

Oct 2012
I have a large amount of manga on-hold and I was thinking of using this challenge to clear it out. If it makes any difference, for lots of them I've only read the first chapter or two. Can I use those manga?

Since I was young, I had believed that
A princess in picture book is a strong person
Things to be protected, and things I want to protect
Will never be fulfilled, no matter how long, if I just kept dreaming

Go ahead.jpg
May 9, 2017 5:45 AM

Oct 2007
@Arasy Sure you can, but you have to re-read any chapters you may have read before so that the entire manga (or how much is available at least) is read during 2017.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
May 9, 2017 7:45 AM

Oct 2012
@tsuyokunaru Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining! I think I'll just put them aside for now then haha.

On another note, could someone suggest manga that has inspired/has been adapted to a CD drama and another one for number 60(read a manga recommended to you by another MRC participant)?

Since I was young, I had believed that
A princess in picture book is a strong person
Things to be protected, and things I want to protect
Will never be fulfilled, no matter how long, if I just kept dreaming

Go ahead.jpg
May 9, 2017 7:52 AM

Oct 2007
@Arasy Since you didn't mention length restrictions, I'll suggest https://myanimelist.net/manga/4/Yokohama_Kaidashi_Kikou
It has been adapted to CD drama.

If that's too long/doesn't interest you, you can also check this tag in Baka-Updates
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?category=Adapted+to+Drama+CD
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
May 9, 2017 11:37 AM

Dec 2008
AudioTsunami said:
Eelyan said:

"The story is set in 1949 and follows Japanese-American comic book artist Kevin Yamagata as he draws the popular detective series "Billy Bat" for "Marble Comics." When he learns he may have unconsciously copied the character from an image he saw while serving in occupied Japan, he returns to Japan to get permission to use Billy Bat from its original creator. Upon arriving there, however, he becomes embroiled in a web of murder, cover-ups, and prophecy that all leads back to Billy Bat."

Aww, dang. My menory is fuzzier than I thought, it would seem. I was pretty sure the story jumped a lot and all over the globe, with little time actually being spent in Japan.

Would any of you guys be willing to recommend me some titles for the "set outside of Japan" category, then? No genre preferences, but I would like for the manga to be fully published. I appreciate your time, thanks!
May 10, 2017 10:23 AM

Mar 2013
Eelyan said:
AudioTsunami said:

Aww, dang. My menory is fuzzier than I thought, it would seem. I was pretty sure the story jumped a lot and all over the globe, with little time actually being spent in Japan.

Would any of you guys be willing to recommend me some titles for the "set outside of Japan" category, then? No genre preferences, but I would like for the manga to be fully published. I appreciate your time, thanks!

That might be true? Idk man, I haven't read it, I'm just judging from the synopsis, you can give it a read and make your own call, as long as you have a back up plan, but i havent read it and i'm not sure of @tsuyokunaru has.

As far as other suggestions, Innocent(Sakamoto, Shinichi) is definitely not set in Japan and I think most of Subaru is not set in Japan.

ColdNobility said:
#61. Read a manga that another user has read for this challenge

Has anyone read something on my plan to read list for this challenge or can recommend me something similar to my taste that they read?

Unfortunately, I've read most the stuff on your PTR that I'm interested over the last 2 years and a couple are tough to get a hold of in English

There's a lot of pretty popular stuff banging around on your list though so if you check a few sign up sheets you might find it?

I know Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou was recommended two posts ago, so you might want to check with Arasy and see if they are using it.

As for stuff I've already completed for this year's challenge you can look into Imawa no Kuni no Alice, Glaucos, Boku no Hero Academia, Kyuusen no Shima, I am a Hero, or Inai Boku wa Hotarumachi ni Iru

And I'm currently readng Happy! by Naoki Urasawa and going to be reading Genkaku Picasso and Goggles.
May 10, 2017 10:40 AM

Sep 2011
ColdNobility said:
#61. Read a manga that another user has read for this challenge

Has anyone read something on my plan to read list for this challenge or can recommend me something similar to my taste that they read?

If you want i'm starting Billy Bat, which is on your PtR. (link to my challenge post)
May 10, 2017 8:36 PM

Oct 2007
@Eelyan I would say it's safer to not have the setting include Japan at all. As for suggestions for a manga that takes place outside of Japan, Emma and JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 1: Phantom Blood both take place in Victorian England. Nineteen, -Sayonara Sorcier takes place in Paris in 1885. Twenty-One and Annarasumanara take place in South Korea. Monster takes place mostly in Germany, though maybe you've read that already.

These are just suggestions though, you can choose something else, but if it doesn't include Japan at all, better (That's why I'm not mentioning Beck and Nodame Cantabile, for example).
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
May 11, 2017 8:56 AM

Dec 2014
#60. Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant in the discussion thread

So, ¿any recomendations?

I really haven't any preferences so anything goes, i suppose.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (26) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Manga with nice double spread

Rissio - 5 hours ago

0 by Rissio »»
5 hours ago

» Thoughts on long manga?

Chuckiemuffin - Feb 29

39 by 0am »»
6 hours ago

» Why do you think MAL users don't read manga? ( 1 2 )

Nyron - Feb 7

58 by pludel2 »»
6 hours ago

» How do I open up a chapter discussion for a manga?

MedK001 - Today

1 by Dumb »»
Today, 2:37 AM

» D.Gray-Man

Arhang - Jan 9, 2009

8 by orihihc »»
Yesterday, 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.