Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (22) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 2021 1:24 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Calissa said:
(105) Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese

Does Saber from Fate/Stay night is valid, since she's from England, or not (because she's not exacly human?)
Saber is not valid. The reason is sort of a spoiler, unless you know anything about Fate:

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Apr 15, 2021 1:55 PM

Dec 2008
dierubikdie said:
Calissa said:
(105) Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese

Does Saber from Fate/Stay night is valid, since she's from England, or not (because she's not exacly human?)
Saber is not valid. The reason is sort of a spoiler, unless you know anything about Fate:

I've already watched most f/sn (I'm planning to watch hf now), so I know about spoilers. I just wasn't sure, so I wanted to ask. I'll try to find something else then
Apr 15, 2021 2:28 PM

Apr 2009
I'm checking if I missed anything for a completed form.

If you go to fill the entire card, and opted not to swap out any of the middle squares, should I move the challenges up into their respective order in the rest of the list? Or do the 4 stay at the bottom even if I switched nothing out?
Apr 15, 2021 2:31 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
RulenneClarissa said:
I'm checking if I missed anything for a completed form.

If you go to fill the entire card, and opted not to swap out any of the middle squares, should I move the challenges up into their respective order in the rest of the list? Or do the 4 stay at the bottom even if I switched nothing out?
Leave them at the bottom regardless.

Apr 15, 2021 2:55 PM

Apr 2009
Awesome, thanks!
Apr 16, 2021 12:33 AM

Mar 2013
Hello! I have questions regarding 3 items if anyone can help.

For (83) Watch an anime with a non-alphanumeric character in the main title is Yuru Camp△ Season 2 valid?

Also for (106) Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character are either of Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? or Beastars valid?

Lastly for (104) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field would Kakushigoto (TV) be valid? Or would Kemono Jihen's Inugami, Kohachi count as a professional? If he would that would be awesome xD

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. :)
Apr 16, 2021 5:15 AM

Sep 2009
ninetailedfoxie said:

For (83) Watch an anime with a non-alphanumeric character in the main title is Yuru Camp△ Season 2 valid?

Yes.

Also for (106) Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character are either of Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? or Beastars valid?

Characters from Beastars are not valid.
Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka - as long as the main character stays as a spider for the majority of the anime, it would be valid.

Lastly for (104) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field would Kakushigoto (TV) be valid? Or would Kemono Jihen's Inugami, Kohachi count as a professional? If he would that would be awesome xD

Both are valid.
Apr 17, 2021 11:01 AM

Dec 2016
Hello.
For challenge item 16 I watched dororo, and completed it at feb 05, at that time it had no licensor, but now I notice it does, I don’t have a screen shot of back when it didn’t have a licensor, so does that mean that my challenge item is invalid?
Apr 17, 2021 12:45 PM

Jun 2019
Would using bold for dates and italics for titles on my list disqualify me? (I'm not sure if it qualifies as tampering with the list format because I'm not changing the order of any aspect of the list and I've seen bolds/italics being used in the lists of others)

Like this

[Started: Mar 25] [Finished: Mar 29] (18) Watch an anime with a Director that also directed one of your Favorite Anime
Mawaru Penguindrum
[Favorite Anime: Shoujo Kakumei Utena | Director: Ikuhara Kunihiko]

[Started: DATE] [Finished: DATE] (40) Watch an anime adapted from a Card Game or Game
Gungrave
[Adapted from: Game]
furlenesApr 17, 2021 1:04 PM

Apr 17, 2021 2:29 PM

Jul 2014
Ha-Sami_J said:
Hello.
For challenge item 16 I watched dororo, and completed it at feb 05, at that time it had no licensor, but now I notice it does, I don’t have a screen shot of back when it didn’t have a licensor, so does that mean that my challenge item is invalid?
Please link this Wayback Machine page as a proof and you should be fine.

@zaychkas
Bold and italics are fine.
Apr 17, 2021 2:55 PM

Dec 2016
mozgow said:
Ha-Sami_J said:
Hello.
Please link this Wayback Machine page as a proof and you should be fine.

Thanks a lot! I was so worried I had to replace it and ruin my Neat Freak restriction. I linked your link as proof now.
Apr 17, 2021 4:34 PM

Mar 2013
Kaylee_ said:
ninetailedfoxie said:

Yes.

Characters from Beastars are not valid.
Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka - as long as the main character stays as a spider for the majority of the anime, it would be valid.

Both are valid.

Thank you very much for the help!:D
Apr 17, 2021 5:13 PM

Jul 2016
Hii i have a question for (106) Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character
does Rimuru Tempest from Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken count? on their page it says race:slime

also for (104) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field
does Azusa (Witch, part of the adventurer's Guild) from Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita count?
OtaakuuApr 17, 2021 5:24 PM

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Apr 17, 2021 6:13 PM

Sep 2018
Do Emma and Ray from The Promised Neverland S2 count for (112) Watch an anime with at least 2 human children as main characters?

Having read the manga, I thought this was a safe bet and planned to watch it for this challenge item before it started airing. After reading the reviews, however, I understand that the pacing (amongst many other horrors) is different, but I'm too lazy to change it unless I absolutely have to, quality be damned, so I just wanna double-check that they meet the criteria of being 12 or younger for the majority of the season (I've tried googling it, but can't seem to find the answer). Thanks!
Apr 17, 2021 6:55 PM

Jul 2014
Otaakuu said:
Hii i have a question for (106) Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character
does Rimuru Tempest from Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken count? on their page it says race:slime
It won't be valid:
— state the character; can use this list for ideas; can't have any physical resemblance to humans (like human hands); e.g. Monokuma, Ekubo, Bananya and Sousuke-ojisan are valid; Legoshi and Juuzou Inui would be invalid; excludes humans/animals/etc that transform into something else (like Arima, Ahiru)

Otaakuu said:
also for (104) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field
does Azusa (Witch, part of the adventurer's Guild) from Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita count?
Yes, it would be valid but please state her profession as "potion seller/maker". Killing slimes would not count as profession.

Hisui91 said:
Do Emma and Ray from The Promised Neverland S2 count for (112) Watch an anime with at least 2 human children as main characters?

Having read the manga, I thought this was a safe bet and planned to watch it for this challenge item before it started airing. After reading the reviews, however, I understand that the pacing (amongst many other horrors) is different, but I'm too lazy to change it unless I absolutely have to, quality be damned, so I just wanna double-check that they meet the criteria of being 12 or younger for the majority of the season (I've tried googling it, but can't seem to find the answer). Thanks!
If I remember correctly there's a one year time skip in the anime, and while Emma might still be valid, Ray, unfortunately, is not.
Apr 17, 2021 8:01 PM
Mar 2021
(100) Finish an anime you put on-hold or dropped on or before July 1, 2020 that has two or more episodes and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more

If I just signed up for MAL this year, but also found an old anime I only got to watch a few episodes before dropping it well before 2020. Can I use that? Or is this just a square I won't get.?

(102) Watch a TV type anime with an irregular release schedule (where at least one episode was released less than 7 days after its previous episode or more than 7 days after its previous episode)

Would Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season count?

And finally, as long as there is no episode length or episode count number in the BINGO square info, we can watch anything that has an entry on MAL? Even if it's only 1 minute total?
m0000riahApr 17, 2021 8:17 PM
Apr 18, 2021 12:09 AM

Dec 2016
Greetings!
Can someone please check if the wayback machine link works?
Wayback machine is blocked where I live, so I just need to be sure its linked right. Thanks in advance.

[Started: Jan 31] [Finished: Feb 05] (16) Watch an anime without a Licensor listed
Dororo
[Proof: Here]
Apr 18, 2021 4:09 AM

Jul 2016
mozgow said:
Otaakuu said:
It won't be valid:
— state the character; can use this list for ideas; can't have any physical resemblance to humans (like human hands); e.g. Monokuma, Ekubo, Bananya and Sousuke-ojisan are valid; Legoshi and Juuzou Inui would be invalid; excludes humans/animals/etc that transform into something else (like Arima, Ahiru)

Otaakuu said:
Yes, it would be valid but please state her profession as "potion seller/maker". Killing slimes would not count as profession.
ty!

Ha-Sami_J said:
Greetings!
Wayback machine is blocked where I live, so I just need to be sure its linked right. Thanks in advance.

[Started: Jan 31] [Finished: Feb 05] (16) Watch an anime without a Licensor listed
Dororo
it worked for me!

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Apr 18, 2021 5:02 AM

Jul 2014
m0000riah said:
(100) Finish an anime you put on-hold or dropped on or before July 1, 2020 that has two or more episodes and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more

If I just signed up for MAL this year, but also found an old anime I only got to watch a few episodes before dropping it well before 2020. Can I use that? Or is this just a square I won't get.?
Yes, you can use that.

m0000riah said:
(102) Watch a TV type anime with an irregular release schedule (where at least one episode was released less than 7 days after its previous episode or more than 7 days after its previous episode)

Would Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season count?
Yes, it does count.

m0000riah said:
And finally, as long as there is no episode length or episode count number in the BINGO square info, we can watch anything that has an entry on MAL? Even if it's only 1 minute total?
Yes, you can :)
If the item does not state it otherwise, you can use anything in MAL database, even if it's just 1 second long.
mozgowApr 19, 2021 4:50 AM
Apr 18, 2021 10:00 AM

Jan 2013
I'm looking for anime that aired/started airing on 22 (any month any year), any ideas?
Apr 18, 2021 10:48 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
fuyuki said:
I'm looking for anime that aired/started airing on 22 (any month any year), any ideas?
Here's a big fat list of 'em

Apr 18, 2021 12:27 PM

Jan 2013
dierubikdie said:
fuyuki said:
Here's a big fat list of 'em
Thanks a lot
Apr 18, 2021 10:47 PM

Dec 2016
Otaakuu said:

Ha-Sami_J said:
Greetings!

Dororo
it worked for me!

Thank you so much!
Apr 20, 2021 6:55 PM

Mar 2014
"(70) Watch a listed themed anime: CGI or Unpopular"

What does Unpopular mean in this case?
Apr 20, 2021 6:58 PM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
xBobcat said:
"(70) Watch a listed themed anime: CGI or Unpopular"

What does Unpopular mean in this case?

On that item, there are respective links to lists of valid anime. For CGI, it links to the AniDB page for CGI, while Unpopular links to the Unpopular Club's page. Anything listed in anime relations under the Unpopular Club's page is valid for that.
Apr 20, 2021 7:01 PM

Mar 2014
bigdud24 said:

On that item, there are respective links to lists of valid anime. For CGI, it links to the AniDB page for CGI, while Unpopular links to the Unpopular Club's page. Anything listed in anime relations under the Unpopular Club's page is valid for that.

Ohhhh, I was using the google doc template so I didn't see those links. Thanks!
Apr 21, 2021 1:35 AM

Sep 2018
mozgow said:
Hisui91 said:

If I remember correctly there's a one year time skip in the anime, and while Emma might still be valid, Ray, unfortunately, is not.
Thanks for the clarification. Discovered the time skip happens in ep 5, so gonna use the s2 Special instead (recap episode that covers s1 and s2 eps 1-5).
Apr 21, 2021 1:51 PM

Dec 2008
(110) Watch an anime with more main characters than supporting characters

Is using https://myanimelist.net/anime/34438/Code_Geass__Hangyaku_no_Lelouch_I_-_Koudou for this challenge ok? There is definitely much more supporting characters (anyone who watched tv series knows that), but for I, II and III movie on MAL there's only 1-2.
Apr 21, 2021 2:18 PM

Jul 2014
Calissa said:
(110) Watch an anime with more main characters than supporting characters

Is using https://myanimelist.net/anime/34438/Code_Geass__Hangyaku_no_Lelouch_I_-_Koudou for this challenge ok? There is definitely much more supporting characters (anyone who watched tv series knows that), but for I, II and III movie on MAL there's only 1-2.
Yes, this is valid, but I would suggest taking a screenshot in case MAL decides to add more supporting characters.
Apr 21, 2021 9:53 PM
Feb 2021
How to signup for this pls can anyone tell it is a little bit unclear in instructions
Apr 21, 2021 10:27 PM

Jan 2020
POSIEDON26 said:
How to signup for this pls can anyone tell it is a little bit unclear in instructions

Instead of a general format, this time there are multiple cards that you have to choose from. Choose a card that you like and copy the sign-up code given for it, and then post in the sign-up thread following the instructions. All the cards and their sign-up codes are listed below the instruction posts like this:

Here's more information on how to participate in the challenge:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1885985&show=0#msg61562933

Hope this helped ya!
Apr 22, 2021 4:45 AM

Sep 2014
ngl this is more confusing than it should b, my brain is too smooth to comprehend this
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 22, 2021 6:09 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
POSIEDON26 said:
Comander-07 said:
ngl this is more confusing than it should b, my brain is too smooth to comprehend this
There is a Quick-Start guide that may help. It's a step-by-step on how to sign up for the challenge.

Also, we have an official AWC Discord server where you can get help and recommendations regarding the challenge. There are almost always a few staff members and veteran users online who can help.

Apr 22, 2021 8:49 AM
May 2017
Is there no anime that began airing on 14.05.2017.?
Apr 22, 2021 10:32 AM

Jan 2011
narandzasto said:

For what item do you need this?
Day, month or year that you joined MAL? Which one?
cause there isn't an anime that started on that SPECIFIC date....

Apr 22, 2021 10:49 AM
May 2017
OhTsuru said:
narandzasto said:

For what item do you need this?
Day, month or year that you joined MAL? Which one?
cause there isn't an anime that started on that SPECIFIC date....

I need it for item(28) - Watch an anime that began airing the same day you joined MAL :)
And from what I gathered there is no anime that aired on that specific day...
Apr 22, 2021 11:11 AM

Jan 2011
Apr 23, 2021 1:43 AM
May 2017
Thanks!
But the recommendations are not for me though:)
Apr 23, 2021 1:47 AM

Jan 2020
narandzasto said:
Thanks!

The following link should be helpful. It lists all or almost all the anime that started airing/aired on the 14th day of any month.

https://github.com/NinjaNed/Search-Mal-By-Categories/blob/master/Anime%20By%20Day/14.txt
Apr 23, 2021 2:01 AM
May 2017
IrrelevantGuy said:
narandzasto said:
Thanks!

The following link should be helpful. It lists all or almost all the anime that started airing/aired on the 14th day of any month.

https://github.com/NinjaNed/Search-Mal-By-Categories/blob/master/Anime%20By%20Day/14.txt

Apr 23, 2021 1:07 PM

Jul 2014
Hello! My least fav studio is the one that made boku no pico, and all they have is hentai. Can i use hentai anime as an entry or should i go with my second least fav studio?

Apr 23, 2021 3:57 PM

Jul 2014
KuchikiMarion said:
Hello! My least fav studio is the one that made boku no pico, and all they have is hentai. Can i use hentai anime as an entry or should i go with my second least fav studio?
Anything that has entry in MAL database (even hentai) can be used for the challenge.
Apr 25, 2021 7:58 PM
Unfortunate One

Jul 2016
I accidentally deleted my challenge post 😭 I have screenshots of where I was so I could remake it if needed but I was wondering if anyone knows if/how I could recover it?

Apr 26, 2021 1:29 AM

Sep 2009
LilacChild said:
I accidentally deleted my challenge post 😭 I have screenshots of where I was so I could remake it if needed but I was wondering if anyone knows if/how I could recover it?

Unfortunately if the post was deleted, there is no way to recover it. You need to make a new one. Also please be more careful in the future! :)
Apr 26, 2021 5:58 AM

Oct 2020
(104) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field

Is All Might from Boku No Hero valid for this item? I mean, hero is a profession in the world of BNHA, right?

(117) Watch an anime that finished airing before you started it and has no Opening Theme (OP) or Ending Theme (ED) listed

There's a list for this item? I can't find anything.
Apr 26, 2021 9:37 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
IcaroMTK said:
(104) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field

Is All Might from Boku No Hero valid for this item? I mean, hero is a profession in the world of BNHA, right?
All Might is valid for this item.

(117) Watch an anime that finished airing before you started it and has no Opening Theme (OP) or Ending Theme (ED) listed

There's a list for this item? I can't find anything.
There's no list for this item, but try browsing through unpopular anime, or older stuff. There are also probably some specials/OVA's that don't have OP/ED's. If you want to go super easy for this item, pretty much any music video would work.

Apr 26, 2021 11:45 AM

Oct 2020
dierubikdie said:
All Might is valid for this item.

There's no list for this item, but try browsing through unpopular anime, or older stuff. There are also probably some specials/OVA's that don't have OP/ED's. If you want to go super easy for this item, pretty much any music video would work.

Right! Thanks for the suggestion and reply! :)
Apr 28, 2021 9:37 PM

May 2015
Would Kannagi could AWC 120?

120. Watch an anime in which 2 or more of the Opening Theme (OP) and/or Ending Theme (ED) are performed by the same Artist/Group

Anime: https://myanimelist.net/anime/3958/Kannagi

I’m pretty sure it would, but I would like to make sure
Apr 29, 2021 1:41 AM

Jul 2014
@nerfsunny
Yes, it's valid for this item.
Apr 29, 2021 5:45 AM
Oct 2018
I have some issues with items 22 ( Watch an anime from your least favorite studio by weighted score on Anime+) and 74 (Watch an anime rated 6.00 or less that is tagged with your favorite genre by weighted score according to Anime+), since I don't score the anime I watch.

Should I just pick the studio and genre that happen to rank as first for both items?
Or should I give some anime on my list random scores which I delete afterwards. That would be the easiest way about it, but it doesn't feel very honest.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (22) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Participant Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

622 by hoshi4 »»
Today, 3:00 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Staff Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

627 by Ranacchi »»
Yesterday, 4:15 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Help/Discussion Thread ( 1 2 3 )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

125 by Joyboy_WoL »»
Sep 23, 8:18 PM

Sticky: » 🌷🐸 Mini Challenge #2 - Spring Bingo 2024 🐸🌷

Aeradae - Apr 28

22 by kjplethodon »»
Jul 1, 4:34 PM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Donated Banners

AWC_mod - Dec 31, 2023

13 by AWC_mod »»
May 18, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.