Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (42) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2016 5:29 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was just incredible. Seeing Rem get broken so badly broke my heart. Definitely best girl ;_;

That look at the end! If looks could kill!

May 2015
Jagd84 said:
RainyRai said:

The first moment he spoke out was because of the racist remarks towards Emilia.
does not change the fact that he said "ENOUGH OF YOUR CRAP" and "YOU PEOPLE ARE FULL OF CRAP" after Emilia asked him to stop already. He has now embarrassed Emilia and insulted the council. By the time Julius starts speaking he also insulted the knights and proclaimed himself as one

He did all three things without any pressure from Julius yet.

Dude stop making up shit already. Nobody had problem with his actions until he named himself Knight. So just stop. He never insulted the council ether. The Head Sage even praise him for his defense of Emilia. He only fought against the Knights out of pride because they judged him without knowing anything about and what he went through.

"dude stop making up shit"

"nobody had a problem with his actions"

Except they never got to voice any problem because Emilia had a problem and told him to shut up. When Subaru started talking shit again, Julius started talking before anyone else could.

"he never insulted the council"

The words "enough of your crap" and "you guys are filled with crap" is not a phrase meant to be used as an insult? Does Subaru have to piss on their dead children for it to be an insult?

"he only fought the knights out of pride"

He proclaimed himself to be something he wasn't, and then insulted that a second after confrontation.

you need to stop making shit up before I do.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Dec 2015
RainyRai said:
Jagd84 said:

None stopped Emilia or anyone else from dying before it's not suddenly change now. Look this freaking arc for example.

Nice try.

"no one stopped emilia or anyone else from dying before"

In arc 1, the first time they die is because Elsa kills Rom and Felt for some reason, and when Subaru and Emilia come in, hides in the dark and guts them. They did not even know what Elsa looked like.

Next time Subaru dies is when he reveals his goal to Elsa and she goes hostile and kills Rom, Felt, and Subaru due to her much higher skill.

Next time he lives, only because he met Reinhardt and Reinhardt is a nice guy. If Reinhardt was not there, Subaru wouldn't achieve anything.

In arc 2, Subaru dies cause the maids kill him, and he was already hit by a curse by the shaman. Rem dies because she is the one bitten by the shaman dog instead so she suffers from the unseen curse. If anyone had known that dog was a mabeast, Rem would have been saved. Subaru didn't stop the threat, he made everyone else aware that there was one.

In the current arc, new enemies do appear, and were unable to be stopped. Except they did not attack the huge castle filled with powerful people they attacked Rosswals mansion, filled with two strong people and three more who rushed there to help. Huge difference.

Subaru seriously needs to pick the Sun Tzu Art of War and a couple of books about how to be a proper Spy in order to gather information. He'll die a lot less.
Jul 10, 2016 5:30 PM
Dec 2014
Can't people just stop fighting over subaru's character? I swear this might end up in a fate/stay night war with twi factions...:
A) subaru is the worst
B) he became this way because of reasons
Jul 10, 2016 5:31 PM
Aug 2014
Myrtenaster said:

probably emilia died, puck get angry and shows her true form, and will destroy the world. At lesast that's how I see it

But the wolf thing said something about a daughter didnt it? And i dont think emilia is pucks daughter. And wasnt puck male?
Jul 10, 2016 5:34 PM

Sep 2007
The best part of this episode ...
is Rem ... Always Rem.
I remember, some months ago, when a lot complained about our two twins maids.
Actually, i'm more in love with Rem than Emilia ... XD
Jul 10, 2016 5:35 PM
Jul 2018
Shrimperor said:
iRels said:

C'mon, he patted Roswaal's back. He was just an ordinary guy. Why'd you expect him to behave well in the castle? When he hadn't in the mansion... I don't think he was ever taught proper etiquette. He wanted to pass as a knight because he wasn't aware of the requirements. He told them that they were born in the role, because it's likely what he might've learned from the media.

He screwed up badly, because there was really never such a challenge like this before. Like I said, he didn't want to see himself as someone that'd be incapable of helping her. It's his pride. With Julius, he didn't want to see himself as below him. Was there ever a Julius before? No.

TIL never learning proper etiquette is the same as being an Idiot and going full retarded in an important meeting.
come on, even those who were never taught will know when to stfu.
And the whole thing with Julius made him more ooc and and idiot, especially since he already saw how strong those knights are (Reinhardt!)

Those aren't him. None had mistreated Emilia before. So you thought he'd be someone that'd not mind? You didn't know him well enough. Like Fai, you're not wanting to admit it.

Against Julius, he thought he was given a chance to regain what was lost. He didn't know how ineffective the spell would be. He had only used it once. If it worked, then he could land a solid hit, at least. So what if he's seen Reinhard? Reinhard barely moved. And before, Subaru was able to parry Elsa's attacks.
Jul 10, 2016 5:36 PM

Oct 2014
Jagd84 said:
Shrimperor said:

Emila was alone before in the City, ya know.

Nice Try.

Forgetful are we? She had Puck with her and still died. Suabru even bring that up in the 2nd arc which Puck apologizes for. And give various ways he's been killed he has right to be paranoid. But haertless enough to care about that so why am I every bothering with you?

Again nice try.

And now she had Aloooooooot of Knights in big freaking protected Castle. If they couldn't protect her he wouldn't be able to
Also, Else Attacked Emilia in the Night, while the meeting was in the day.

Again, nice try.
Feb 2016
leNerd said:
Myrtenaster said:

probably emilia died, puck get angry and shows her true form, and will destroy the world. At lesast that's how I see it

But the wolf thing said something about a daughter didnt it? And i dont think emilia is pucks daughter. And wasnt puck male?

I recall Puck calling Emilia his/her daughter from the manga.
May 2015
This is genuinely one of the best episodes of anime over ever seen
Jul 10, 2016 5:37 PM
Oct 2014
OMG, I want to talk with someone about this serie, i need it.
Pls send me a message
Jul 10, 2016 5:38 PM

Aug 2015
What. The hell. Did I just watch.

This guy... Has seen so much SHIT. I don't blame him for going catatonic. This is more than enough to drive anyone insane.

I'm just.. I'm in shock really.
The constant devastation. This show just keeps topping itself in finding ways to torture everyone, and to just.... So much evil.

This is some messed up stuff to make any character deal with.
Jul 10, 2016 5:38 PM
Jul 2016
Best episode so far, please make more.. I wouldn't mind buying the blu ray for this anime. I hate that I can't just binge watch this but I also dont want to wait for many weeks to do so.
Jul 10, 2016 5:39 PM

Oct 2014
iRels said:

Those aren't him. None had mistreated Emilia before. So you thought he'd be someone that'd not mind? You didn't know him well enough. Like Fai, you're not wanting to admit it.

First of all, i don't have anything against him standing to those racist sickos, but
1) The whole Knight thing is just facewall worthy
2) He shouldn't have been in the Castle in the first place

Against Julius, he thought he was given a chance to regain what was lost. He didn't know how ineffective the spell would be. He had only used it once. If it worked, then he could land a solid hit, at least. So what if he's seen Reinhard? Reinhard barely moved. And before, Subaru was able to parry Elsa's attacks.

Yeah, know. He already knows that he can only do 'Status Effects'/Support. He knows that if Ros-chi didn't appear he would've been toast, and he knows how strong Reinhardt is.
Jul 10, 2016 5:40 PM

Jul 2015
leNerd said:
Myrtenaster said:

emilia is not puck's daughter literally, thats just what he refers to emilia as.
this was mentioned earlier in arc 1 and 2 and when you connect that back to the contract he has with emilia then it can be concluded that it was him at the mansion in monster form that killed subaru

Nov 2012
Re:zero is suffering

Great episode

Rem best girl

And those eyes in the end... Now the fight really begins...

Nov 2014
Holy shit my heart hurts.
11/10 episode, that was fucking brutal.
Seeing Rem crawl into Subaru's arms entirely mutilated was heartwrenching.
AND PUCK AT THE END WTF
Hi there
Jul 10, 2016 5:41 PM

Nov 2010
Shrimperor said:
Especially since Subaru was a totally different Character in ep 11-14

No, he really wasn't. He had that "dark side" ever since the beginning - did you forget how he initially didn't want to help the shopkeeper's girl when she was lost, and only changed his mind because Emilia wanted to help? Plus his otaku ramblings? Also openly insulting Ram multiple times only because of his first impression of her? In front of Roswall both times at that, whom he also insulted openly as soon as he met?

Only reason (in my opinion) his darker side wasn't shown more prominently in Acts 1 and 2 was because he just arrived into the world. So he tried to fit in, together while solving the Dragon Stone stealing and shaman problems. In Act 3, he's been living for a while in that world, so he became more comfortable, thus loosening some of the barriers of his true personality.

Not to mention, like @iRels said, until Julius stepped forward Subaru was never directly challenged. We've seen how Subaru reacts when his opinions are challenged during the scene with him and shopkeeper discussing the candidates - the scene during royal selection was several orders of magnitude over that, so Subaru's stubborness (for lack of better word at the moment) was increased, he reacted in a bad way, and paid the price for it.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Jul 10, 2016 5:42 PM

Jul 2015
Subaru at the end reminded me of Guts after the eclipse and how he was out for revenge on the apostles and Griffith.
Jul 10, 2016 5:42 PM

Jul 2015
Wow, just wow. I have no words, simply an amazing well done episode, so sad and twisted, probably one of the best episodes i have seen in a long while, 10/10, just when i think re zero isn't going anywhere, and its just a fun anime with some dark themes, and then an episode like this pops up and proves me completely wrong, thank you white fox, one of my favourite studios you never disappoint :D.
Jul 10, 2016 5:43 PM

Mar 2010
RainyRai said:

In arc 1, the first time they die is because Elsa kills Rom and Felt for some reason, and when Subaru and Emilia come in, hides in the dark and guts them. They did not even know what Elsa looked like.

So what she and everyone else still died. The means matter little outsdie Suabru solving the issue.

Next time Subaru dies is when he reveals his goal to Elsa and she goes hostile and kills Rom, Felt, and Subaru due to her much higher skill.

Still dies.

Next time he lives, only because he met Reinhardt and Reinhardt is a nice guy. If Reinhardt was not there, Subaru wouldn't achieve anything.

Reinhard only got there to do anything because 1) Subaru, Emilia, Felt and Rom fought and held Elsa back for awhile. 2) Subaru saving Felt allow her to meet Reinhard who just happened to passing by the slums. If point number 1 didn't happen everyone would be dead before he even there.

In arc 2, Subaru dies cause the maids kill him, and he was already hit by a curse by the shaman. Rem dies because she is the one bitten by the shaman dog instead so she suffers from the unseen curse. If anyone had known that dog was a mabeast, Rem would have been saved. Subaru didn't stop the threat, he made everyone else aware that there was one.

But nobody did, that's' point. One Subaru found about it and took several deaths to do under pressure of being killed by Rem. Nobody else had that luxury or chance.

In the current arc, new enemies do appear, and were unable to be stopped. Except they did not attack the huge castle filled with powerful people they attacked Rosswals mansion, filled with two strong people and three more who rushed there to help. Huge difference.

Roswaal is the strongest mage country, Puck s one of 4 Great Spirits of world, Betty centuries old spirits, the maids decently powerful oni and Emilia is skilled Spirit User.

They. All. Still. Died.

Being powerful does not mean your invincible. If a surprise attack from power opponent happens your gonna get killed. This reality of what is happening. THis not even taking the fact Roswall might not even been there at the time, one of maids responsible for security was with Subaru. And Betty of course not even being aware of what is happening since mansion defense isn't er job and she's another dimension anyway
Iron_MawJul 10, 2016 5:46 PM
Jul 10, 2016 5:43 PM
Aug 2014
Myrtenaster said:

I recall Puck calling Emilia his/her daughter from the manga.

Yeah, i guess youre right. Would also make sense that it was puck both time that killed subaru this episode.
He was some ice wizard and the first time Subaru was frozen solid, the second time he got his head cut off and buried in snow.
Jul 10, 2016 5:45 PM
Mar 2015
1. Holy mother fucking shit.....that was beyond epic, just brutally epic.
2. Love Rem, LOVE HER.....she deserves his heart, not that other chic whose name I don't care to remember.
3. WHAT THE FUCK was that about with the huge demon saying "lie next to my daughter"?
Jul 10, 2016 5:45 PM
Jul 2018
Shrimperor said:

Yeah, know. He already knows that he can only do 'Status Effects'/Support. He knows that if Ros-chi didn't appear he would've been toast, and he knows how strong Reinhardt is.

Not everyone there is a Reinhard. It appears that you're assuming. Subaru fought dogs. And that one was big. That's not a good example. Yeah, status effects can cripple. They're effective... Again, Reinhard barely moved. He couldn't get a good idea of how strong someone like him is in sword fighting. What he saw was he using some powerful, offensive ability. But the match against Julius wasn't to the death. And do you think Subaru thought he'd win? What he wanted would've been to pay back, by injuring Julius, even if only a little.
Jul 10, 2016 5:46 PM

Oct 2014
@Aurioch

As i said, it's not about ''Dark Side'' but about him going full retarded. The Arc1/2 Subaru wouldn't have went to the Castle, and even then he wouldn't have done the whole knight thing. Even if he is a neet, if he comes from a Modern world he should know what 'status' means.
Also, his Emilia obsession multiplied by 25423638.
Jul 10, 2016 5:47 PM
Jan 2012
I seriously think that this is the first time an anime shocks me so much! Excellent job by the studio!!!

Jul 10, 2016 5:48 PM
Mar 2016
This was an incredible episode. A brutal and emotional story progress at the same time paired with interesting dialogues, a great OST and very good animations. Probably one of the best epsiodes - if not the best one.

I really liked the ending of this episode. With this ending scene in the snow (that was grandiose in my opinion), those last words "Sleep... Along with my daughter" which rounded off the episode and the credits with this wonderful song I felt like I was watching a movie of Re:Zero. A movie with an ending like this would satisfy me more probably very.

The show keeps getting more mysterious and dramatical and
simultaneously better. Now I'm eagerly waiting for the next episode. I hope Re:Zero is going to get even better with the next episodes.

~
Jul 10, 2016 5:50 PM

Jan 2015
This episode was just super filthy.

On the other hand this topic needs a bit of cleaning as there is way too many spoilers without tags doing rounds.
Jul 10, 2016 5:54 PM

Dec 2010
i've rightfully given this anime shit for being mediocre, but this was easily the best episode of the season. in arc 2 when it almost got this good, it went to shit fast. so we shall see how it goes.
Jul 10, 2016 5:54 PM

Oct 2014
iRels said:
Shrimperor said:

Not everyone there is a Reinhard. It appears that you're assuming. Subaru fought dogs. And that one was big. That's not a good example. Yeah, status effects can cripple. They're effective... Again, Reinhard barely moved. He couldn't get a good idea of how strong someone like him is in sword fighting. What he saw was he using some powerful, offensive ability. But the match against Julius wasn't to the death. And do you think Subaru thought he'd win? What he wanted would've been to pay back, by injuring Julius, even if only a little.

And he, as an RPG games, know Status effects means shit when alone.
And to use some Powerful abilities you have to be strong.....
Jul 10, 2016 5:56 PM
Dec 2015
Shrimperor said:
iRels said:

And he, as an RPG games, know Status effects means shit when alone.
And to use some Powerful abilities you have to be strong.....

He forgot you need to grind mobs, level up , learn new skills then fight high level opponents. Not jump straight into Boss fights.
Jul 10, 2016 5:57 PM

Mar 2010
RainyRai said:

Except they never got to voice any problem because Emilia had a problem and told him to shut up. When Subaru started talking shit again, Julius started talking before anyone else could.

Except no she didn't. Al she did was tell him to stop and let her handle speak out. The problem she was him announcing he was her knight like everyone else. This clear from the episode.

The words "enough of your crap" and "you guys are filled with crap" is not a phrase meant to be used as an insult? Does Subaru have to piss on their dead children for it to be an insult?

My point he was only insulting the people who insulted her and weren't giving her a chance to speak. He wasn't attacking anyone randomly. EMilai was clearly taken aback and only found her resolve after Subaru spoke out.

He proclaimed himself to be something he wasn't, and then insulted that a second after confrontation.

Nope. After the proclamation, Julius told him he didn't ahve the abilit or resolve, he only insluted them afterwards. He was clearly in the wrong no disagreement about that, but that was said of anger of being devalued. And this major theme in this arc for him.

you need to stop making shit up before I do.

Hardly, I'm the one who actually cares about this story and see where the development is going. All you do is bitch.

Seeing as that we might as well agree and disagree and drop it right here.
Jul 10, 2016 5:59 PM

Nov 2010
Shrimperor said:
@Aurioch

As i said, it's not about ''Dark Side'' but about him going full retarded. The Arc1/2 Subaru wouldn't have went to the Castle, and even then he wouldn't have done the whole knight thing. Even if he is a neet, if he comes from a Modern world he should know what 'status' means.
Also, his Emilia obsession multiplied by 25423638.

Yet Act 1 Subaru went into slums to see what was going on there there in the time he was with Emilia before he died.
Yet Act 1 Subaru called Emilia "Satella" in the middle of the town square, drawing attention of everyone around them, and it got so close to him accidentally revealing to everyone that Emilia lost Dragon Stone.
Yet Act 2 Subaru casually called the strongest mage in the country "a clown" and even tapped his back, even though he was warned before that Roswaal returned to the mansion.

As for Subaru going to the castle, while it was bad thing to do, especially as Emilia asked him not to go, it was still correct thing to do, at least from perspective of an observer. As Subaru himself said, in order to know what to do if something goes wrong and he's forced to Return by Death, he has to be there.
Not to mention that during the scene at the castle, everyone was insulting Emilia about her being a half-elf and looking like the Witch. You've seen how he reacted before on such thing. And besides, if somebody was insulting someone you love, wouldn't you defend that person yourself?
While he approached the issue the wrong way (and insulted almost everyone there in the process) while hotheaded doesn't change the fact that he did what every human would - step up to protect person he loves, even if that means taking the burden yourself.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.

Jan 2016
BRUTAL!

I wish subaru had some super OP power he hasn't found yet. I KNOW thats not the case from the LN readers have hinted that several times but man would that be refreshing.

The episodes grow darker and darker. Seeing Dead Rem and Ram twice was terrible, watching Rem get tortured to death was gut-wrenching. Then watching her crawl to subaru was tear-inducing. She such a lovable character.....

Rem+Subaru=Sorry Emilia you had your time I think lovely Rem needs Subaru more.

Man I cannot wait till next week, this series is F^cking Awesome, I think alot of other shows can learn alot from this.

ANY chance that wolf was the Witch and Emilia is her daughter, hence "sleep along with my daughter" ??? I don't believe that was Puck, could be but I don't it is.

I was glad to see him get the free reset from the wolf monster. I hope he and Rem beat the shit out of the Cultist Dick next week.

Jan 2013
I can't express anything except the pure frustration of Subaru weakness and the fact that I have to wait another week to see an episode. This is probably the best anime of 2016 so far for me. That ending reminds me of Guts in Berserk, hopefully this time Subaru becomes stronger just like Guts after the eclipse arc. 10/10 no 20/10 no maybe over 9000!
Jul 10, 2016 6:02 PM

May 2015
Jagd84 said:
RainyRai said:

So what she and everyone else still died. The means matter little outsdie Suabru solving the issue.

Still dies.

Reinhard only got there to do anything because 1) Subaru, Emilia, Felt and Rom fought and held Elsa back for awhile. 2) Subaru saving Felt allow her to meet Reinhard who just happened to passing by the slums. If point number 1 didn't happen everyone would be dead before he even there.

But nobody did, that's' point. One Subaru found about it and took several deaths to do under pressure of being killed by Rem. Nobody else had that luxury or chance.

Roswaal is the strongest mage country, Puck s one of 4 Great Spirits of world, Betty centuries old spirits, the maids decently powerful oni and Emilia is skilled Spirit User.

They. All. Still. Died.

Being powerful does not mean your invincible. If a surprise attack from power opponent happens your gonna get killed. This reality of what is happening. THis not even taking the fact Roswall might not even been there at the time, one of maids responsible for security was with Subaru.[/quote]
>subaru, emilia, felt and rom held elsa back
Which only happened through pure circumstance as Elsa didn't attack them until Emilia showed up, which allowed her and Puck to spring into action along with Felt and Rom. This is not something Subaru caused, it was pure luck. Subaru saving Felt has nothing to do with Reinhard's arrival, he arrived because of Subaru.

>nobody knew about the mabeasts

Yes, Subaru did suffer a lot to find out about the mabeasts. But as a whole, the only thing he did was draw attention to the issue. Your original point is that Subaru is the reason no one died ever.

>rosswall, beako, puck, emilia, maids died

No indication Rosswal and Beako died. Puck is clearly not dead. Emilia, Rem and Ram are the only ones that have been confirmed to die.

Your saying it yourself; the mansion was a tragedy because not many people were there compared to the mansion. Even if say Reinhardt got surprised gut attacked, there are still many knights there that would be capable of fighting and are now aware of the threat. Not the same as Ram getting jumped and then Emilia getting ambushed by the attackers by herself.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jul 10, 2016 6:03 PM

Aug 2015
So this must be what Soma's doing while preparing for Shokugekis, or Kirito now a PK member... but still, this got to be the most psychologically impacting episode of Re:Zero so far.
Jan 2015
Wow...
The soundtacks were beyond amazing in this episode.
I want the name of the soundtrack where they cut into the credits at the end, fucking amazing.

Dec 2012
Where did this come from...WHERE?!?!? This episode was in an entirely different league, 20 minutes of pure torture. The end in particular had me stitched up in goosebumps, Subaru is even further off the deep end despite how cheery he's acting this time. This continues to reinforce my belief that all of this is a plot to drive him so insane that he unleashes the power of the witch on the world.

Re:Zero has done an insanely masterful job at lulling me into a false sense of security with the reset by death. It's almost like with every reset, an extra tragedy is attached.
ZekkenshinJul 10, 2016 6:08 PM
Jul 10, 2016 6:04 PM

Jul 2012
I'm sooo glad I saved watching this after I had watched Ace Attorney and One Piece, This seriously blew me away I don't think I'll be able to watch anything else for the rest of the day.

Amazing episode, Amazing anime.
Jul 10, 2016 6:06 PM

Dec 2015
Epic. Terrifying. Insane. Crazy. Suffer.
This episode,
is,
Crazy.

One of the best anime this year. Im glad i decided to watch it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2016 6:07 PM

Mar 2014
Jagd84 said:
RainyRai said:

Still dies.

They. All. Still. Died.

Being powerful does not mean your invincible. If a surprise attack from power opponent happens your gonna get killed. This reality of what is happening. THis not even taking the fact Roswall might not even been there at the time, one of maids responsible for security was with Subaru. And Betty of course not even being aware of what is happening since mansion defense isn't er job and she's another dimension anyway

What exactly are you two fighting about