Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2023 10:00 PM
Mar 2023
I didn’t think I was gonna cry until the show ended with my favorite Asian Kung Fu Generation song. Mastapeece.
Mar 25, 2023 8:54 AM
Jul 2020
it made me cry so hard.
Mar 27, 2023 1:39 AM

Jan 2010
Of my various thoughts on Bocchi the Rock, I think most of them stem from the surprise factor of seeing the anime pull off a consistent amount of highly animated scenes — both in comedic gags and concerts — despite initially coming off as a normal schoolgirl comedy. From then, I geared my expectations toward more imaginative depictions of social anxiety, a rocking soundtrack, high energy gags, and character archetypes I've seen a hundred times before butt heads in a refreshingly honest and straightforward way. The show itself doesn't have particular twists and turns, so there's nothing to dilute the pure experience of just watching characters do their thing. As such, the attention can be placed on individual character growth, interactions, and visual portrayal. Again, nothing is particularly unique on paper, but Bocchi the Rock manages to stand out primarily due to audiovisuals. 

One thing I'm particularly impressed by this adaptation is how Bocchi the Rock is originally a 4koma. I can't begin to fathom how much effort was placed into creating all those imaginative insert scenes, the wild character animations, and entire concerts complete with realistic motions and a full original soundtrack. Normally I'd see similar shows use the same one or two tracks every single concert scene, or they'd reuse the anime's OP or ED. I've also seen music-based shows utilize other related media, such as if they were based on a musical game or something of the sort. Bocchi the Rock really put out multiple songs, and even managed to stylize the first one in episode 8 to reflect the band's nervousness. The large abundance of art and animation splendor is easy to praise, but I also noticed a lot of small touches including subtle hand movements during concerts, bodily gestures and motions, eye movement, mirrored scenes demonstrating character growth, particular character framing in certain scenes, and even things as simple as Nijika's ahoge reacting to different situations. There's definitely a lot of love put into this anime, and I'm glad I got to see it. Great stuff.
Mar 27, 2023 7:36 AM
Jul 2020
Came for gold, found a diamond. There's nothing else to say really, this show is amazing. I've been stingy with ratings nowadays but this one's a 10/10. And godamn, bocchi is relatable fr

I really am weak with the cgdct music genre lmao, i was wilding with k-on, and now this. S2 when?!!!
laaalaMar 27, 2023 7:40 AM
Mar 27, 2023 11:41 PM

Mar 2017
was studying for my nursing school exams and decided to watch 1 episode for a break but I ended up binge watching this lmao

I was getting goosebumps when Bocchi was shredding like that, epic af!!!!! But then it turned into second-hand embarrassment when she tried to dive T___T
This anime is so entertaining, I enjoyed watching it especially their growth <333
Goodluck Bocchi!!!!!!

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Mar 28, 2023 12:18 AM

Feb 2018
whoa that gave me anxiety when her guitar started to break, Hitori is amazing for keeping it together in that situation, that was really something.

Bruh Bocchi, that jump lmfao, she really did get some funny ideas. Well ig she left an impact on the people there xD

lmao ultra super Bocchi going super saiyan.

Bocchi looks like she was preparing for a backwards long jump at the store entrance lmao.

Welp, that was a great anime, I'm super down to see another season. It was super fun to see the band hang out together and especially with Bocchi's reactions lmao. Time to deal with this void for the time being.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Mar 30, 2023 9:31 PM
Nov 2016
Best thing of the year!

Top 10 from life!
Mar 31, 2023 10:22 AM

Feb 2021
Common Kita W for ad-libbing on her own and letting Bocchi figure something out. I didn't understand what Bocchi did with that can (Idk jackshit about music and musical equipments) but it worked out for her.

That crowd dive was unexpected lol. I really wanted to see a guitar solo by Bocchi.

Bocchi's family is so wholesome. Her sister is definitely the best side character lol

Bocchi has a new guitar now.

Definitely deserves a second season asap. 8/10 for me.

Apr 4, 2023 1:01 AM

Nov 2011
Absolutely enjoyed this all the way through!

The over the top jokes were funny, everyone just really likeable and songs were great. Clearly Bocchi still has quite the ways to go with her self-depreciation, but it's great to see her gaining confidence.

The only thing I would have liked to see more of is full-length performances. I really enjoyed what we got, but I felt like we could've squeezed more in. Especially when Hiroi's band played. If they could get Ya Boy Kongming! levels of performance into the show it'd be an easy 9 or even 10 for me. For now though I'm between an 8 or 9 out of 10! Still loved it! Hope we can get a season 2!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 5, 2023 12:55 AM
Jul 2018
Very good animation
Apr 5, 2023 4:40 AM
Apr 2022
wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Apr 5, 2023 8:15 AM
Jan 2023
she just like me fr fr
Apr 5, 2023 8:16 AM
Jan 2023
she just like me fr fr
Apr 7, 2023 12:05 AM
Feb 2022
straight masterpiece
Apr 7, 2023 6:11 AM
Jul 2021
I need <b>Season 2</b>
Apr 7, 2023 9:24 AM

Jun 2022
Amazing, simply amazing. Cheers to another amazing performance and to more great concerts in the future. 
Apr 7, 2023 3:47 PM
Aug 2022
I only use the 5 star rating
Apr 8, 2023 4:18 PM

Dec 2019
my dumbass was trying so hard to count the amount of 10k yen stacks, until I unpaused and Bocchi said it was 300k.

This was a thrill to watch despite the author choosing to make Bocchi struggle >:[!! I admire Bocchi's family sm, hope there'll be a spin-off of some sort
Apr 12, 2023 10:28 PM
Apr 2023
I loved it. People say it's like K-ON and I see the similarity but hold enough difference that it still is unique and a well-deserved watch. If I hear one more person say anything like "just another slice of life" or "watch K-ON", I swear to the GODS! Beyond that those are also the people who likely watch every seasonal Isekai and preach about how good they are so, I digress. It's great, the art is fantastic and I love the dynamic switches, it sounds great. If the second season comes out as good as this, it might just be. In my opinion... one of if not the greatest music/band anime ever.
Apr 13, 2023 5:11 AM
Apr 2023
"Bocchi the Rock!" es un slice of life de una chica de bachillerato con ansiedad social, TOC e inseguridades. Pero es imposible definir toda la esencia de este anime en una crítica u opinión. Sólo vas a poder entender el anime viéndolo. Como persona con un comportamiento y condiciones parecidas a la de la protagonista, he de decir que representa perfectamente lo que quiere reflejar el autor con este personaje. Estamos acostumbrados a muchas obras en las que aparecen personajes neurodivergentes y/o con trastornos de muchos tipos en los que se les representa desde un punto de vista muy superficial y nada acorde con la realidad (véase The Good Doctor, The Big Bang Theory, etc.).

Este anime no sólo es una buena representación en la protagonista de estas condiciones que el autor y director de la obra quiere reflejar, es que la obra está perfectamente dirigida. Tiene una animación y dibujo espectacular para ser un "slice of life"; tiene POVs tocando la guitarra, movimientos muy fluidos, fondos con un dibujo impecable, etc. Además de la increíble dirección del anime que difiere mucho del manga original, lo cual es muy difícil de hacer, véase en aspectos como: saber cuando y como hacer un chiste/broma, romper la cuarta pared constantemente sin que se sienta repetitivo, referencias a animes como Evangelion o Dragon Ball tanto de forma sutil como directa...

Por algo se le llama a esta serie Bocchi the GOD.
Apr 13, 2023 9:27 PM
May 2020
Really good and funny anime!
Apr 14, 2023 7:48 PM
Oct 2021
Can't wait for season 2
Apr 15, 2023 5:36 AM
Feb 2020
good shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 18, 2023 4:02 AM

Apr 2015
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already but this episode is full of symbolism. Bocchi's new guitar symbolizes her better self. He moved on from the guitar that he used as a lonely internet cover artist and as a guitarist who has experienced failures. The new guitar symbolizes a bright future for Bocchi after he pulled off that improvisation back in the school performance.  I like that she also said that she won't forget her old guitar. It's similar to not forgetting where you came from and it will remind you how far you've come. From a lonely girl to a girl with a pretty nice circle of friends. I also liked the last part when she said she has to go to work. Earlier she wanted to quit work but she might have realized that she doesn't do work for money anymore, she goes to work to be with her bandmates. The end might have seemed lackluster but I feel like it's a nice way to end the show. 
Apr 18, 2023 9:02 AM
Jan 2023
Bocchi doing a solo
Apr 18, 2023 10:12 AM
Jun 2022
the shw is guuuudddf
Apr 18, 2023 10:19 AM
Apr 2023
meh, its alright ig
Apr 18, 2023 4:53 PM
Jan 2019
A nice slice of life, with a introverted protagonist
Apr 18, 2023 6:20 PM
Apr 2023
I was sad when I watched this episode, I hope this anime can get season 2 until it's finished
Apr 21, 2023 12:51 PM
Aug 2022
unique show with good humour and animation, good references made to other pop icons and other shows/memes
Apr 27, 2023 10:12 PM
Nov 2018
I can't believe I waited this long to watch this show, loved every minute of it!!  This show feels like a modern and evolved K-On that is doing its own thing.  I'll watch any music anime, and bonus points for a show that has a lot of heart and love poured into it.  I would love another season.
Apr 29, 2023 4:22 PM
Aug 2022
Some jokes are extremely funny, but most of them are cringy.
Love the lack of shrieking girls with gigantic tits.

I hated the MC, I like the 2 bass and drum, and kind of drum's neesan.  

Story is very niche, so meh. OP is very good, looping in Spoti.  
Apr 30, 2023 4:19 AM
Oct 2019
Um dos melhores animes slice of life com garotas fofas que já foi criado
May 5, 2023 8:00 PM

Nov 2016
ah a fun ride while it lasted, while it didnt have anything that special in it, it was a good ride for me. the comedy didnt run out of gas halfway and just barely pushed enough til the end
was hoping to see bocchi at least level up a bit and socialize with others a bit more normally but that wave ride was a flop
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
May 18, 2023 12:07 AM
Dec 2022
SHES LITERALL ME FR
May 20, 2023 7:47 AM
Aug 2020
As one who doesn't watch usually this kind of genre, it was very nice.
May 22, 2023 7:14 AM
May 2023
stupid and gay bocchi is a loser with no friends
May 25, 2023 3:47 AM

Mar 2022
What a finale, what a finish for such an incredible show. We finally got to see Hitori perform in front of an audience though her stage dive I will not lie was more than awkward  for me but isn't Kita such a good friend helping her out once the string on her guitar broke she even helped her again when she couldn't even talk to the person atmthe shop when she's trying to buy a new guitar just controlling her like a puppet/dummy. Looks like her family knew all along that she was guitarhero and aware of what she was trying to do so they got her money for said guitar thanks to the account being monetised as well as it being their account because it was shared.

Our Bocchi really has grown throughout this journey going from the girl who couldn't interact with anybody to a girl who has friends but understands she can get extremely anxious and try to help her the best way they can. I really hope we get a second season for this, because I have one word to describe my entire time watching Bocchi the Rock and that's:incredible. Absolutely incredible, this little anime that was based on a relatively unknown manga has captured many the imagnation of people who have watched it including me. The characters were so relatable, animation was pretty unique with the different styles and what have you, the amount of references to other anime was tons of fun and the sense of humour, oh the sense of humour was just brilliant. Until we get new content, it'll be a goodbye from me for now. What can I say? I love this show to bits.  
May 25, 2023 5:55 AM
Nov 2016
david_uzumaki727 said:
stupid and gay bocchi is a loser with no friends
Fuck you! Troll account!
May 25, 2023 10:28 PM
May 2023
I apreciated love
May 25, 2023 11:05 PM
Dec 2021
bocchi te quiero muchisimo
May 27, 2023 9:40 PM
Jan 2021
Best anime ever made
May 28, 2023 9:01 AM
Mar 2022
amazing musical anime with relatable protagonist
Jun 1, 2023 12:03 AM
Jul 2021
best for introverts
Jun 4, 2023 11:41 PM
Dec 2022
juggernaut of the year
Jun 6, 2023 1:29 PM

Dec 2008
I'm not really a fan of music series, but Bocchi The Rock was outstanding.
😎🎸
Jun 11, 2023 10:37 PM
Aug 2021
supa bocchi-chan
Jun 12, 2023 3:36 AM

Dec 2013
I can't believe it's finally over. Kita wants to be reliable yo Bocchi, but she did her best! ❤️ This may be a little thing, but I wonder why her Dad's face is not showing? Maybe he used to be in a very popular band? Lol. So curious.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jun 14, 2023 5:17 PM

Apr 2014
before anything else i have to say i cringed so hard when she jumped off stage thinking people was gonna catch her LOL

it was like for her to do something so epic in ep 8 then to do something so cringe in the final ep lol

with that said this series was amazing 

i love  Bocchi always fun to see and over all funny as hell to 

i really want more of this series to become a thing am really hoping for a season 2 and much more for this series 
"one step at a time"
Jun 14, 2023 11:16 PM
Jul 2021
BOCCHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Pages (16) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Kessoku Band released new music!

imjayhime - Jun 9

18 by arielcw »»
Yesterday, 8:16 PM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Nov 26, 2022

515 by CowPoKEJAcK »»
Jun 10, 7:32 PM

» Kessoku Band on The First Take!!!

Dbagas8 - Jun 7

15 by Hitagi__Furude »»
Jun 9, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 22, 2022

283 by japN1k »»
Jun 8, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 29, 2022

272 by WispyUmbra »»
Jun 7, 11:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.