Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 18, 2009 6:57 PM

Apr 2009
Goddamn, that was a lot of references and background writing! It took me almost 2 hours just to watch that one episode due to all the times I rewound and paused, but I enjoyed every second.

Jul 19, 2009 12:15 AM

Jan 2008
Osaka117 said:
Goddamn, that was a lot of references and background writing! It took me almost 2 hours just to watch that one episode due to all the times I rewound and paused, but I enjoyed every second.
I know what you mean. I kept pausing to see what was in the background and to read everything D:
Jul 19, 2009 3:25 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
You guys should be used to that though. First and second season were the same. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 19, 2009 7:37 PM

Apr 2009
Ill admit that its been a while since Ive rewatched the first two seasons, but I could swear that this episode of Zan had more than the usual amounts of background writing.

But it just wouldn't be SZS without gratuitous amounts of background writing, so Im glad that its consistent with the previous seasons.

Jul 20, 2009 5:26 AM
Nov 2007
Osaka117 said:
But it just wouldn't be SZS without gratuitous amounts of background writing, so Im glad that its consistent with the previous seasons.

Goku didn't have notable amounts of blackboard writing in particular, which makes it stand out here more for me.
Jul 20, 2009 10:18 AM

Apr 2009
Hmm, I guess so, but then again, Goku was just a small 3 episode OVA series, so its not really to be taken seriously. I look at Goku as an expansion pack.

Jul 20, 2009 1:10 PM

Aug 2007
Someone else noticed the ''three best stories of Japan'' on the blackboard at 14:31? It was about some now-airing anime: Ghostory, Sea Story Guin and Guin Saga . Hayate in the tower and 'We support Hayate this season'... To be expected of the sensei of the Hayata-mangaka.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jul 24, 2009 1:13 AM

Nov 2007
Xd. Kaere with the Maria+Holic uniform! The Maria+Holic animation also happened in the first episode when they were killing the guards.

Aug 8, 2009 5:35 PM

Aug 2007
lol did anyone... spot the King of Pop poster in the background when they were talking about talents? LMAO.

Anyway, I love this show and it's off the wall topics. Golden.
Aug 28, 2009 12:23 PM
Jul 2009
awesome episode. i wasnt expecting matoi to take the leading role. i liked the end where kafuka comes in the bus
Sep 17, 2009 1:17 PM

Aug 2009
Whoa! I didn't notice so many details which are mentioned here!^^ Guess I have to rewatch! ;-)
The episode was really good, the discussed topics were interesting^^
Chiri was hilarious like ever^^
There was even a Hayate no Gotoku-reference^^
cyruz said:
Lol Higurashi. Another hilarious episode. Glad this season appears to be better than the OVA.

When was that reference?
Feb 3, 2010 7:36 AM

Nov 2009
So yeah, even though its a new season it feels like a continuation of the previous ones, which i love =D
Oct 29, 2010 2:22 PM

Apr 2010
Ah, this show just brings a big smile to my face.

Unfortunately i thought "Blood" when she said "Akai" aswell... O_O
Nov 26, 2010 6:08 PM

Jul 2009
lol i love Fujiyoshi's different sport's outfits. this series keeps getting better and better.

ohhh andi Fujiyoshi's sadistic pic :)

Aug 11, 2011 8:10 PM

Dec 2009
Hilarious lol lots of references.
Oct 16, 2011 1:42 AM

Jun 2011
Loved the references in this episode: Rozen Maiden, Tower of Druaga, Michael Jackson, Hayate no Gotoku! and more!!

The time lag part was also pretty good~
Mar 24, 2012 11:54 PM

Oct 2011
great episode as usual.
really made me think about that time-lag. lol
Nope.
Mar 27, 2013 12:15 PM

May 2012
Pedobear spotted! Lol great episode loved the time lag part :p
Sep 28, 2013 3:42 AM

Jul 2008
I find Amagami reference too^^ Sakurai Rihoko pic near Nami Hitou.
Both seiyuu is Shintani Ryouko .
May 18, 2015 2:12 AM

Mar 2015
Well, sadly, this is just a NORMAL episode :(
Not good but not bad. I miss the awesomeness of this series. I hope it will get better from now on.
Nov 21, 2015 6:32 AM

Jan 2012
anyone saw the Pedobear .

Jul 11, 2016 11:11 PM
Oct 2012
Orio94 said:
7 years from now I'll laugh, then I'll remember why and go back to watching anime.....

So did u laigh 3 days ago?
Jul 13, 2016 10:18 PM
Jan 2013
DNF said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was even better than the first. First of all, the references are back! Even Shoko-tan, Rozen Aso and MJ appeared^^

Matoi took an unusual leading role in the tower, searching for 2nd and 3rd talents. Fujiyoshi's secret sports talent was.. unexpected?
Then the time lag part was hilarious as well, they analyzed it from every position.
Third part was the continuation of last episode's end's bus trip. Nozomu mentioned English teachers who weren't understood in foreign countries.. that reminds me of my class trip to Oxford, when our Math teacher had to help out :/

Ekakiuta!
racoontyfoon said:
i agree that this ep is better but now they need to sub it because my Japanese is not that good :D
HawthorneKitty said:
I loved Matoi's Fujiya Peko-chan face.

Poor Dreamcast...and Negima...
The references were great and there are an abundance of them. I want to see more Meru though, then I'll be entirely satisfied.

Did I spot Pedobear somewhere?
randomness2376 said:
Lol~
Harumi was the final bos of Tower of Druaga >.<
The second ep was great! Much more references and I really enjoyed the rant on time lag. I can now appreciate the importance of time lags in my life much more
mandoric said:
HawthorneKitty said:

Pedobear is kinda 4chan's adaption of a bear character from 2ch that's just lazy; because he's lazy, they put an antenna on his head and made him the mascot for analog TV, which Japan is phasing out in 2011, made all the better in that the last letter of "analog" and the first letter of "bear" are the same in Japanese so it becomes a portmanteau.
GuroFX said:
HawthorneKitty said:

I loled hard
Eternal_Blaze said:
Definitely better than the first episode. I'm actually watching it again to see if I can spot the many references here.

Plus the Zetsubou sensei drawing song is here again. I wonder if a different one will be shown every episode...
Spade said:

Great episode, as always. Especially the time-lag part. I absolutely understand how painful those time-lags are. ;(
ClearSinz said:
LOL interesting episode time lag eh?
XD at the MJ poster , RIP
and lol @ Hayate being in the tower ( not sure who the other 2 where, i think Hina and forgot the other)
And YA PEDOBEARS FTW
Nekkro said:
Great episode.
Paki said:
HoaRy said:
Matoi took an unusual leading role in the tower, searching for 2nd and 3rd talents. Fujiyoshi's secret sports talent was.. unexpected?

Not really, if you remember Zoku episode 5, I think, when it was revealed Fujiyoshi was good at sports. I only remembered after it was revealed though, it's been a while since they mentioned it.

I laughed so hard when Kafuka magically appeared out of nowhere. I always suspected she could do that.

Also, ZOMG!! Do we actually have... a story that continues between episodes?!?! *head explodes*

Overall, much better than the previous one. Hopefully we get the new OP animation next week. *fingers crossed*
ClearSinz said:
Paki said:

Not really, if you remember Zoku episode 5, I think, when it was revealed Fujiyoshi was good at sports. I only remembered after it was revealed though, it's been a while since they mentioned it.

ah yes they did mention that not sure what episode , but it wasnt just once they mentioned in in at least 3 episode im pretty sure.

Paki said:

Also, ZOMG!! Do we actually have... a story that continues between episodes?!?! *head explodes*

couldnt this also lead to cliffhangers? =O
oksi91 said:
OMG?! PUTIN-SAN?!!!! LOL :D
Spade said:
ClearSinz said:

ah yes they did mention that not sure what episode , but it wasnt just once they mentioned in in at least 3 episode im pretty sure.

They mentioned it last episode. Chiri didn't choose her to climb up to the window of the prison for no reason.
Hinata020 said:
hahaha! This episode made me laugh. Especially the guy who "exposed" that he used to think he was a cool guy but in reality he was just a monster with a weird chin.
KyokoBeat said:
I thought the time lag section was funny. I was rofl when he was explaining how everything we see is in the past. What's even funnier is that it all makes sense.
Oxu said:
Oksi-chan said:
OMG?! PUTIN-SAN?!!!! LOL :D

Lol yeah but he looked like Jeltsin xD.

Still looking better than second season :)
TechDragon said:
Ximinez said:

I loled hard
lmao!
HikiganeYubi said:
Hahah I caught the pedobear thing too
Yeah I really laughed at the timelag part
The reverse timelag thing was funny too XD
-Derp said:
Really cool episode, I like that story that continues between episodes since it adds a nice touch. MJ got mentioned twice (at least that is what I recall), I wonder if they intentionally changed it after his death or if he was planned to appear anyways. And I like that part where the author and director of the series humiliate themselves, its quite funny.
Zero_r2 said:
haha funny episode, and the time lag part fas the best
i fee a ittle sad when i saw a aposter of michael jackson in the tower TT_TT
pera pera pera? my english may not be so great, but come on, whats that
nobody noticed the mask on the fake nozomu XD
RazorBeamz said:
Zero_r2 said:
pera pera pera? my english may not be so great, but come on, whats that

Pera pera pera is the Japanese equivalent of "blah blah blah", or, seeing your native language is Spanish, "taca taca taca".
Orio94 said:
7 years from now I'll laugh, then I'll remember why and go back to watching anime.....
Kiseki said:
haha majiru wants to be pikachu xD
and so they climb the tower of druaga xD
Panaru said:
Yuno in the first episode and now Asumi Kana guest voicing in the second episode!? I LOVE IT!
_Me_ said:
Awesome episode.
orangehouse said:
retardedly funny as usual x_x
Miertje86 said:
Another great episode, I had to hit the pause button many times :p

The hidden talents part in the Tower of Druaga :p was very funny.
pitman said:
Miertje86 said:
Another great episode, I had to hit the pause button many times :p

ZSZ supports this
seravleeh said:

TIERIA XDDD
Spade said:
Okay, question:

Where did I see this face before? I know I've seen it somewhere but I can't remember and it leaves me in despair, especially since it's probably incredibly obvious! >.<
stAtic91 said:
Sayonara Tieria-sensei.
noteDhero said:
Ok episode, and then we got to the end of the time lag and the bus ride, and I was just cracking up.

Kiri is probably my favorite character now.
kyrori said:
lol Clannadd @ 2:34

Rugile said:
Spade said:
Okay, question:

Where did I see this face before? I know I've seen it somewhere but I can't remember and it leaves me in despair, especially since it's probably incredibly obvious! >.<

could it possibly be Yachiru from Bleach?
mizrock said:
haha. funny episode.

I spotted Mesousa held by someone I don't recognized.
*SHAFT should really make a new season for Pani Poni* >_<
unmovingplaid said:
Spade said:
Okay, question:

Where did I see this face before?

reminds me of kinoko sarada from toriyama's dr. slump. but still, i'm almost sure it's a parody, it's a gag manga after all.

Alicia3000 said:
Really enjoyed it and it was much better than the first episode.
OranSolus said:
Much better than the first episode (which I enjoyed).

Sayonara Tiera Sensei...Oh my.
inusarukiji1 said:
Spade said:

I'm sure they also parodied something else. It just looks like a typical logo of... dunno, milk maybe. Though if Yachiru did it, that's probably where I know it from, I'd still like to know where it originated from.

Everyone, fly to Japan! Raid every supermarket you can find! We will solve this mystery together!

that is Peko-chan.
MEGATRON said:
Seven year laughter was great. Fujiyoshi's time delay bit was also pretty awesome.
cyruz said:
Lol Higurashi. Another hilarious episode. Glad this season appears to be better than the OVA.
De-JaY said:
God, I missed this series so much. so many Characters and things to spot in the background. >:3
Osaka117 said:
aero said:
Osaka117 said:
I know what you mean. I kept pausing to see what was in the background and to read everything D:
mandoric said:
Osaka117 said:

Goku didn't have notable amounts of blackboard writing in particular, which makes it stand out here more for me.
DragonsWhip said:
Someone else noticed the ''three best stories of Japan'' on the blackboard at 14:31? It was about some now-airing anime: Ghostory, Sea Story Guin and Guin Saga . Hayate in the tower and 'We support Hayate this season'... To be expected of the sensei of the Hayata-mangaka.
underMebius said:
Xd. Kaere with the Maria+Holic uniform! The Maria+Holic animation also happened in the first episode when they were killing the guards.
underMebius said:
cliothekira said:
lol did anyone... spot the King of Pop poster in the background when they were talking about talents? LMAO.

Anyway, I love this show and it's off the wall topics. Golden.
hitsugaya77 said:
awesome episode. i wasnt expecting matoi to take the leading role. i liked the end where kafuka comes in the bus
mrmuk said:
Whoa! I didn't notice so many details which are mentioned here!^^ Guess I have to rewatch! ;-)
The episode was really good, the discussed topics were interesting^^
Chiri was hilarious like ever^^
There was even a Hayate no Gotoku-reference^^
cyruz said:

When was that reference?
RDX said:
So yeah, even though its a new season it feels like a continuation of the previous ones, which i love =D
CRAZEH247 said:
Ah, this show just brings a big smile to my face.

Unfortunately i thought "Blood" when she said "Akai" aswell... O_O
SomaHeir said:
lol i love Fujiyoshi's different sport's outfits. this series keeps getting better and better.

ohhh andi Fujiyoshi's sadistic pic :)

Mon_Diamond said:
Hilarious lol lots of references.
Ruri-san said:
Loved the references in this episode: Rozen Maiden, Tower of Druaga, Michael Jackson, Hayate no Gotoku! and more!!
The time lag part was also pretty good~
_tsuki said:
great episode as usual.
really made me think about that time-lag. lol
RafaelDeJongh said:
Pedobear spotted! Lol great episode loved the time lag part :p
Luchianka said:
I find Amagami reference too^^ Sakurai Rihoko pic near Nami Hitou.
Both seiyuu is Shintani Ryouko .
Raijin-sama619 said:
Well, sadly, this is just a NORMAL episode :(
Not good but not bad. I miss the awesomeness of this series. I hope it will get better from now on.
AllenVonStein said:
anyone saw the Pedobear .

IT'S BEEN SEVEN YEARS
IT'S TIME TO LAUGH FUCKAS
gone bai bai
Aug 1, 2016 3:57 PM

Apr 2010
Mkim said:
IT'S BEEN SEVEN YEARS

IT'S BEEN SIX YEARS FOR ME

Y U DO DIS
Aug 1, 2016 4:05 PM
Jan 2013
CRAZEH247 said:
Mkim said:
IT'S BEEN SEVEN YEARS

IT'S BEEN SIX YEARS FOR ME

Y U DO DIS
ODAMNYOURIGHT SOZ
gone bai bai
Nov 22, 2020 11:26 PM

Aug 2019
that pedobear shirt lmao and also this series has the most dead episode discussions most of the episodes haven’t had comments in years holy
Dec 12, 2020 11:43 PM

Jan 2017
Fujiyoshi's glasses are her restraints? what a plot twist
Jul 14, 2021 4:49 AM

Apr 2020
Majiru will be a great man one day XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2021 11:59 PM

Jan 2018
I love that Tsunetsuki Matoi is getting more lines lately. In the last season (since she was introduced) she was just... there. (Ik that's kind of the point of a stalker-type character but still)
Sep 10, 2023 12:05 AM

Dec 2016
14 years since this episode came out... That means the people that watched this when it came out were able to laugh at the 7-year joke... 7 years ago.
Remind me in 7 years for my time to laugh.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 22, 2009

62 by lullabyofthedead »»
Apr 16, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 26, 2009

57 by AngelFlash »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:11 AM

Poll: » Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 29, 2009

53 by AngelFlash »»
Sep 17, 2023 1:28 AM

Poll: » Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

grapeofdeath - Sep 19, 2009

63 by 0451 »»
Jul 29, 2021 10:22 AM

Poll: » Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Sep 12, 2009

39 by 0451 »»
Jul 28, 2021 4:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.