Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2013 10:47 PM

May 2013
It's great to see Hachiman standing up for Yukino, this was the only part of the episode that didn't depress me.
Jun 6, 2013 10:49 PM

May 2013
Poor Yukinon.. Her sister is a bitch!! also that Sagami!!! >.< good thing hachiman is there.. 3 more episodes and i really want a season 2 already.
Tch.
Jun 6, 2013 11:07 PM
Jan 2013
Anyone noticing 8man's eyes changing? they look more normal then usually...
Sagami oh boyyyyy OH BOYYYY OH BOOYYYYYY looks like i got another bitch add to the list "I WANT TO A GROW AS PERSON" LOL and doesn't anyone hate the student conesil president meguri? I mean she keeps comparing yukino to her PERFECT SISTER LIKE EVERY FUCKING TIME SHE SPEAKS. HOW THE FUCK DID SHE GET ELECTED? GOD THIS SCHOOL KILLS ME! Also that 8man fanservice was excellent 10/10
kitkatxzJun 6, 2013 11:18 PM
Jun 6, 2013 11:08 PM
Apr 2013
Great episode! I praise 8man for standing up for Yukinon.

This anime is very good at making at making Sagami to be someone very realistic and annoying. This is the type of person I always see at school and work... and I always get sick whenever I see them push away their works to others and take the credits they don't deserve...
Jun 6, 2013 11:12 PM

Oct 2011
Now I know it's gonna be hachiman x Yukinon. NOOO YUI :[

Another great episode.

Anyone noticed when Hikki i was talking about Totsuka and those girls were randomly laughing as if they read his mind?
Jun 6, 2013 11:13 PM

Jan 2012
Christ that was depressing. Seeing Yukino so vulnerable makes it hard to be a Yukino fan. Put me at ease to see 8man sticking up for her. Kinda starting to see progression in their friendship.
Jun 6, 2013 11:14 PM

Jun 2012
So basically, Yukino is doing everything the chairman should be doing. Wow, Sagami really is portrayed as one of those characters, she can go die for all I care.

Still, great episode, looking forward to more. Wow, seeing the double-digits, episode 10 of 13. . .

Jun 6, 2013 11:23 PM

Feb 2012
This thread is quite hilarious. HAHA. People going on with what that Sagami has done throughout while working on the committee are funny haha As if you didn't do that IRL lol.

This series picks and makes a glimpse out of what reality is. No Wonder People are greatly affected on how much those characters act. Kudos to the studio and the author who made the manga or LN.

I am just curious as to what is your role in the series (IRL), Are you like Hacchiman, Yukino, Haru, etc... ?

Great Episode.
Jun 6, 2013 11:42 PM

Jan 2008
The hell is the president hating on Hikigaya for, calling him horrible(the worst, depending on translation)? The stuff this man says is the truth; he works like he should, while holding people contemptible that are slacking off when they shouldn't--even the president herself says she should've butted in when the "committee chairman" brought up the idea of loosening up the workload. Bitch.

And the sister...is she trying to pick a fight? Supporting her idea like that when she's an outsider and should not even have a say in the matter; even if she was festival committee chairman in the past. She already sized up the Sagami, so she should have noticed her flakiness somewhat. Bitch x2
Estoy_GordoJun 6, 2013 11:52 PM
Jun 7, 2013 12:08 AM

Sep 2012
Yukinoshita, come on. You were hostile to the blonde girl, but not Sagami? I really hope all the other committee members realize that Yukinon's actually doing all the work while Sagami is a screw up. I mean, a lot of them just saw her give the leader's responsibilities to Yukinon. If Sagami is trying to get credit for being the leader, the people who believe her have to be entirely retarded.

I really appreciate this anime, it's helped me realize and analyse more things in school life. I can't say that it's something I should totally rely on, but it does show things I can watch out for.
ExboJun 7, 2013 12:13 AM
Jun 7, 2013 12:20 AM

Feb 2012
Good episode. You can feel the tension rising. Shit is gonna hit the fan.
Jun 7, 2013 12:40 AM

Sep 2012
Guys, can I have the permission to use rude words? I would like to sincerely, from the bottom of my deepest heart, give Sagami the title called "b*tch". :)

On second thought, I am wondering whether Yukinon is really sick or she is just faking it to do something like "gives humanity a test"? But regardless I am quite worry about her, and poor Yui got stuck in this awkward situation :(

On the other hand, why is Hachiman x Saika not in part of the play? I would totally support that! xD
Jun 7, 2013 12:46 AM

Aug 2012
damn man, so depressing but good episode,
and Sagami, another useless and annoying character.

"why the hell do i have to help you grow as a person?" -Hikigaya

hah, i like it.
themasonsJun 7, 2013 12:51 AM
Jun 7, 2013 12:58 AM

May 2012
We must congratulate the anime studio for capturing the essence of USELESSNESS and the absolute bitchy-ness of Sagami. If they couldve done better, I think it would involve anime lovers over several nations reporting in about smashed laptops and punched through monitors

And dafuq with the sister? She's a great example of a great face gone to waste
Jun 7, 2013 1:00 AM

Jul 2012
Holy shit Haruno is just... Sagami I can endure, but she's just...
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jun 7, 2013 1:04 AM

Apr 2009
Dat bitch Sagami
Jun 7, 2013 1:11 AM

Nov 2008
Andyis said:
I would just ditch. there's no point in even trying with that lame-ass chairman. seriouslypisses me off
I agree I would just quite right on the spot.
Jun 7, 2013 1:18 AM

May 2010
What a lazy bitch, on top of that, they just that had to bring Yuki sister into the picture since the tension wasnt high enough. i see shit storm brewing all all aboard that train wreck

Haruno was the bigger bitch in this situation how could you under mind your sister like that saying you want to help then tell the (that lazy bitch) that is ok to goof off like that when everyone else is work their hardest to get this thing done this episode pissed me off to the max.

Sagam should have kept her mouth closed, if she didnt want to help out and not put the work on someone else like that i, really hope Hikki lay into he in and make her feel even worse the she already is, just to destroy he self confidence all together.
HydnlifeJun 7, 2013 1:26 AM
Jun 7, 2013 1:47 AM

Jan 2011
Sagami is such a bitch. She's the chairman of the committee but Yukinoshita pretty much does all the work. Man, I seriously don't know what goes on in Haruno's head. She's really irritates me although I have a feeling she's trying to help Yukino in her own way. As always, Hachiman saves the day with his logical reasoning and makes him look like the bad guy. Yukino is sick, oh shit. Hachiman you know what to do! :D
P.S. Saika as the prince for the play is perfect lmao.
5/5
Jun 7, 2013 1:51 AM

Oct 2012
Didn't the short haired girl only become chairman to show responsibility because i'm assuming she's got a thing for the pretty boy(I can't spell his name even though he's my favourite). Right in front of him she just passed on all her responsability to Yukinon which completely contradicts her prior intentions.
Jun 7, 2013 2:07 AM

Jan 2013
What's with this episode? I'm getting really sad vibes here. Feels like something big is slowly approaching.

Someone who's even more of a bitch than Miura made her appearance. Speaking of Miura, it's quite impressive how her and Hayato turned tables on Sagami. Too bad it actually helped her.

On a side note, I really don't know whose side Haruno is on anymore. I might have been mistaken about her...
Jun 7, 2013 2:10 AM

Apr 2011
Would you like spoil?
Jun 7, 2013 2:14 AM

Jun 2010
Can't wait for the bitch to get owned by 8man or Yukinon. I don't really get Yukino's sister. What's her goal?

That girl-senpai is a bitch too. Anyways, I need moaaaar.

LOL AT Ebina Hina.
Jun 7, 2013 2:33 AM

Mar 2012
OMG THIS THREAD GOT TOO MUCH HATE I LOVE IT LOL. EVERY1 FEEL THE SAME ABOUT THAT CHAIRMAN BITCH.
Jun 7, 2013 3:00 AM

Jan 2013
Tenzen12 said:
Would you like spoil?

No. But thx for the volume 5 summary
Jun 7, 2013 3:01 AM

Apr 2013
Let me see.I hardly noticed Sagami,I was too deep in thought's about how Hikki can read so easily Yukino's mind.He saved her from a pathetic explanation she should have give,he helped her slip from a tight situation.
Sagami is hardly noticable,really.....what got into you?
She's the type of person that kisses her boss ass to get the better of you,that kind of persons you meet everyday and I'm amazed you're bothered by it.Licking someones ass makes your mouth smell like shit.In translation: you cant belive anything she says and everytime she says something it makes you puke from the shit she has licked.
If you get annoyed by it the only guess I can take is that you're somehow close to Miura's personality.
Also what I noticed is that every character from the story Hikki had in middle school are gathering around......the girl he belived she likes him,Sagami,the guy Sagami liked,Hayaman,the girl that blocked Sagami from claiming Hayaman because he liked her,Yukino and the director of this scenary Yukino's sister,how lovely.
FluffyFleshJun 7, 2013 3:11 AM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 7, 2013 3:22 AM
Jan 2011
Whoa, looks like Sagami got more than what she bargain for when she approached Yokinon......at first,that is, until she made her do all the hard labor, man watta bitch. Hayama, is way cooler than Hikki, too bad he wasn't the MC in this thing.

3 more eps 2 go.
Jun 7, 2013 3:24 AM

Mar 2012
Tenzen12 said:
Would you like spoil?

Where did you read the light novel? Is there a translation already?
Jun 7, 2013 3:29 AM

Mar 2012
Nasty001 said:
Whoa, looks like Sagami got more than what she bargain for when she approached Yokinon......at first,that is, until she made her do all the hard labor, man watta bitch. Hayama, is way cooler than Hikki, too bad he wasn't the MC in this thing.

3 more eps 2 go.

lol If Hayama is the MC on this anime this wouldn't have the unique and epic story plot that it has.

And cool and popular MC are rare to see in an anime
Ganja17Jun 7, 2013 3:33 AM
Jun 7, 2013 3:37 AM

Aug 2010
lonelydemon said:
Nasty001 said:
Hayama, is way cooler than Hikki, too bad he wasn't the MC in this thing.

3 more eps 2 go.

lol If Hayama is the MC on this anime this wouldn't have the unique and epic story plot that it has.

And cool and popular MC is rare to so in anime

If he was the MC, people would get out their MC flavored Hatorade and go on about all his shortcomings, perceived or otherwise.

Personally, I love 8man because he isn't "cool" or something, I love his realistic/pessimistic way to see sings. I can relate to him way more than to Hayama.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jun 7, 2013 3:48 AM

Apr 2011
lonelydemon said:

Where did you read the light novel? Is there a translation already?

Nope, but there are extremly detailed summaries, with all dialogs, monologs, jokes and references.It's good enough read it on it's own. Including volume 7 which take place after anime.
Tenzen12Jun 7, 2013 3:51 AM
Jun 7, 2013 3:55 AM

Jun 2009
8man about to get NTR'd by Hayama in the next episode? Oh boy.
Jun 7, 2013 4:28 AM

Nov 2012
psy8hillme said:

My favorite scene for this episode.

I see what is going on here :D lol
Jun 7, 2013 4:48 AM

Jul 2012
People like Sagami are the worst kind of people to work with. Slacking and then taking all the credit is just not right.
Jun 7, 2013 4:50 AM

Aug 2011
I probably don't even need to say that I hated Sagami at this point.

Haruno is really scary. I could be wrong, but she looks like the type that knows everything that is going on, and can read people very well. When she supported Sagami, you could tell that she had ulterior motives other than to just pick a fight with her sister. At this point, it's hard to tell if she is essentially a 'good' character or 'bad' character (for lack of a better term).

Although it's sad to hear, Yukino being sick provides a wonderful opportunity for us to watch Sagami squirm as her lack of of doing pretty much anything is exposed, seeing as she'll have to take charge more than before. <- I really hope that this happens.
Jun 7, 2013 6:03 AM

May 2011
Oh man, the atmosphere in this ep... amazing.

Loved Hachiman’s monologues as always. He raised some good points again.
Jun 7, 2013 6:16 AM

Dec 2012
I just want to kill Sagami so badly.

Like in a typical group work situation, you can find people like Sagami . I just want her to suffer a horrible fate.
Jun 7, 2013 6:34 AM

Oct 2012
Yep. Something is definitely going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if this anime had a sad ending but I haven't read the novels so I can only speculate.

8man's monologues are really interesting, as usual. I wonder what Haruno's goals are? hmm.. Anyway's looking forward to the next ep.
Jun 7, 2013 7:15 AM

Jul 2011
Hachiman is hilarious, dear lord I love this show!
Jun 7, 2013 7:21 AM

May 2013
Great Hachiman, still stand to protect Yukino, complicate Haruno, this show is more and more great
Sagami - one word - die, just die
Jun 7, 2013 7:25 AM

Dec 2012
I actually don't dislike Sagami as much as Yukinon's sister, Haru this episode. While Sagami was the typical bitch who claimed credit for work she is not doing... I have absolutely no idea what Haru is doing - she is those manipulative kind that knows exactly whats is going on. In no circumstances does she deserve to make Yukinon feel like that, especially as her sister. It's depressing how everyone brings up Yukinon's sister into the picture.

Again, this episode confirms that Hachiman is my favourite character. He always assesses the situation, and by being observant and able to detect the situation and mood, he will be able to play the invisible hero again.
Jun 7, 2013 7:51 AM

Jul 2011
there is something fishy about Haruno.
and Sagami is annoying.
oh well, I enjoyed Ebina's "that's a must-buy. must-gay".
講廢話,被撞到.
Jun 7, 2013 8:00 AM

Mar 2012
Hikki will save the day by sacrificing himself again. But there would be few ppl who would realize that and praise Hikki for it.

This series is very realistic unlike those cliche anime we've seen so far.
Jun 7, 2013 8:22 AM

Apr 2010
It's was obvious from the start Sasami wasn't able to handle the position things got worse when she asked Yukino who was more capable then her for help.
Sasami probably saw Yukino's interference's as a attempted to look better than her or to take control which demoralised her and she lost her interest.
To add fuel to the fire the student council president asked Haruno as volunteer which only made to cooperation between Sasami and Yukino worse.

It also doesn't help that the situation between Hikki and Yukino is very awkward for the time being so Yukino is trying to do everything be herself without asking others.
Jun 7, 2013 8:48 AM

Jan 2013
So, I just rewatched the episode and something that really stuck out the second time around was the clique to clique combat in the beginning of the episode. The Hayama clique really circled the wagons around Yui when Sagami started to make fun of her closeness with Hachiman.
Jun 7, 2013 8:53 AM

Oct 2012
Well, that was pretty great and intense episode now, amount of tension between some characters was almost visible. I am not quite sure if I like what Yukino was doing, right in front of others humiliating Sagami by drawing attention to her weaknesses but I guess bunkasai president deserved that after all. And I just have to wonder - is Yukino being sick on purpose? To force Sagami work by herself finally? Cause I am sure I wouldn't want to do everything only to see someone else is getting all the praise.

Teacher making Hachiman take the role unvoluntary was great choice. And with Haruno around Yukino's pride was hurt even more. Her sister is always better with everything and it's very tough for her to step out of her shadow I guess.

Also, in that scene with Yukino, Hachiman and Yui at their club meeting it was obvious that both Hikki and Yukino were ofended by each other. I'm not surprised they didn't wanted to be in the same room together those moments tends to be very uncomfortable. There was some injured vanity in the air. It almost seems their friendship is over now. But let's hope time of reconciliation will come in next episode.
Mich666Jun 7, 2013 9:01 AM
Jun 7, 2013 8:58 AM

Dec 2008
Honestly, the one thing that's still bugging me the most concerning this series is what the deal is between Yukino and Haruno (or rather, Yukino and the rest of the Yukinoshita family). It's one thing to have something between Yukino and Sagami (an issue that probably wouldn't even take half an episode for even the likes of Yui to call out Sagami on her petty bitchiness), but the moment that Haruno was thrown into this mix, shit hit the fan hard, and I get the feeling that's only barely scratching the surface of this whole issue.

While I admire the fact that Hikigaya is playing the role of the dark knight, he can't hide in the shadows and help people out from there forever. I get the feeling that if he's going to be anywhere remotely useful to Yukino in the next couple of episodes, he's going to have to suck it up and put himself in the line of fire, especially if he's going to have to take on someone that even the likes of Yukino and Hiratsuka don't want to mess with.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Jun 7, 2013 8:58 AM

Jul 2010
I really hate Sagami..Useless,annoying character.

Poor Yukinon ;.;

I hope next episode has more progress and Yukinon x Hachiman
Jun 7, 2013 9:14 AM
Oct 2012
I think people are really not understanding the meaning of this episode.

While Sagami is definitely not someone I would personally like, and Haruno seemed mean, the person most in the wrong this episode was Yukino.

Yukino is too arrogant. Part of this arrogance is that she is nearly perfect in every way and can do things far better than anyone else, but that doesn't justify how she acts. Part of it is that she believes she HAS to be perfect, and part of this is never apologizing.

Don't forget that Sagami only offered to become chairperson because everyone else turned it down. Of course she was perfectly inadequate for the position and wanted to dump it on Yukino, but it isn't like Yukino had to accept. During the following meeting everyone had done their task and Sagami happily complimented their work, it was Yukino who belittled every single person's accomplishments. Who would the people here bashing Sagami truly want to volunteer to work with? Sagami who is easy to please and just wants a little attention, or the perfectionist Yukino?

Would Yukino's suggestions make the event better, undoubtedly, but that really isn't the point of a school festival. Even if she wanted to put Sagami in her place, she didn't have to do so by making everyone else feel useless.

Once you understand that Yukino in reality would be insufferable to be around for too long (imagine being friends with her, and her pointing out every time you mispronounced a word, did something less than efficient, look at the house you cleaned with disapproving eyes), you now begin to understand why Haruno is acting the way she did. She knows Yukino is heading for a disappointing life if she continues down her path. When she interacted with Sagami she knew full well who and what Sagami was, and used her to help make her point to Yukino: namely you don't have to maintain that perfectionist persona.

One of the many things that Yukino can't do is to apologize (in part because she seldom if ever has the need to). 8man's interjection wasn't so much to defend Yukino, but to make Haruno's point more clear to Yukino. You understand this better when you understand what Yukino was really apologizing for when she said "I'm Sorry" . That wasn't to everyone, but to 8man for hitting him, the act of even giving this little is what caused her to be sick.

Now of course Yukino is a great character, once she gets over her one flaw she would be a fantastic person and friend, but she isn't there yet. This entire episode demonstrates this, and was an important step forward for her.
Jun 7, 2013 9:31 AM

Dec 2011
watching this episode's too painful for me
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Whats your fav character/s and why

NunoTheDudeYT - Aug 11

42 by LadyBrown »»
Sep 20, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

565 by Spookanimes »»
Sep 5, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

303 by Spookanimes »»
Sep 5, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Is the animation and artstyle of season 1 better than the other two seasons according to you?

G_Shan10 - Sep 7, 2021

32 by Chigi404 »»
Sep 2, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

262 by Itachiunderwater »»
Aug 26, 7:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.