Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 8, 2012 11:10 AM
Oct 2011
^
Your avatar is fucking distracting lol.

edl01 said:
Candor said:
The first OVA series (first 8 episodes) were the conclusion of Yorkshin and the prologue of Greed Island. It stopped because Togashi started taking breaks and hiatuses.

So what, they were already starting up the york new arc when he took this break or had they started the york new arc fully aware they wouldn't be able to finish it? Because I admit if the former is the case I will take back what I said and admit I was ill informed.
It probably was sudden, Togashi got sick and wasn't able to continue Yorkshin, so he took a break, dunno what actually happened though.
Oct 8, 2012 11:27 AM

Jul 2009
Good stuff! Not as much tension as the last episode, but still enjoyable.
Oct 8, 2012 11:45 AM

Aug 2008
I have no problem with the OP or ED
- Signature Removed -
The signature seriously lacked "It's a Sony" qualities.
Oct 8, 2012 1:47 PM

Oct 2012
Candor said:
edl01 said:
Candor said:
The first OVA series (first 8 episodes) were the conclusion of Yorkshin and the prologue of Greed Island. It stopped because Togashi started taking breaks and hiatuses.

So what, they were already starting up the york new arc when he took this break or had they started the york new arc fully aware they wouldn't be able to finish it? Because I admit if the former is the case I will take back what I said and admit I was ill informed.
It probably was sudden, Togashi got sick and wasn't able to continue Yorkshin, so he took a break, dunno what actually happened though.

York Shin OVAS and the 99 series were about 6 months apart.

Maybe it was because of Togashi's continuous breaks( he stays much more time in breaks than working) or maybe they wanted to end the York Shin arc with the cuality that only the OVAS can have.

The last option is pretty normal in anime, Hellsing or Black Lagoon OVAS are apart of their main series anda are way better(and the anime of Black Lagoon is very good) .

In any case, the best part of York Shin arc begins now and I hope Madhouse can meet my expectatives and do even better than Nippon Animation, but I know its going to be hard.
Oct 8, 2012 7:21 PM

Dec 2007
Mikasa said:
edl01 said:
HUNTER X HUNTER = 2 pages
Sword at online = 38 pages

My faith in the anime community is slowly fading...

It's always the anime that sucks that gets most attention :P But it's always been that way so eh >.>

You two are why the anime community can't have nice things. SAO isn't HxH-tier, but its still a great anime. I don't, and never will, get the hate.

Speaking of: People are nuts. This episode was SUPER tense. It took me a minute to realize how close I was to my laptop because I was so into it. The whole time I was like, "Holy shit you guys could REALLY die here!" lol.

And as far as the Nobunaga scene not being touching...meh. How much pity can you have for a fucking mass murderer? I, personally, have none, but if he were you know...NOT a monster, I could've totally been touched by that scene. Personally I liked Gon's response more. "Why can't you spare a little of that grief for all the people you've killed?!" Yeah. Boss. Gon's a weird guy, but he's what makes this series so interesting.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Oct 8, 2012 11:07 PM

May 2012
SageShinigami said:
Mikasa said:
edl01 said:

It's always the anime that sucks that gets most attention :P But it's always been that way so eh >.>

You two are why the anime community can't have nice things. SAO isn't HxH-tier, but its still a great anime. I don't, and never will, get the hate.

Your welcome to think that but a great anime? Nah. But I'm not going to go to into why I think it's a shallow, cheap emotionally driven, nonsensical piece of crap.
Oct 9, 2012 12:02 AM

Dec 2007
bleachjoj said:
SageShinigami said:
Mikasa said:
edl01 said:

Your welcome to think that but a great anime? Nah. But I'm not going to go to into why I think it's a shallow, cheap emotionally driven, nonsensical piece of crap.

You won't, because you can't. Because it's not. Also, unless you got your name from the liquid, you've got no room to call things bad, sir.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Oct 9, 2012 6:05 AM
Oct 2011
Lol stop bitching about SAO.

I watch both SAO and HXH every sunday. As an anime lover (action/adventure ) type I would say HxH is way better than SAO.

Look at their forum, where bunch of virgin people RATE IT 5 Stars because of a Kiss scene/ Semi- Naked scene and post a HUGE PARAGRAPH to discuss about it. SAO ended in 1 episode, so freaking fast and LAME. The fight wasnt even last for 2 minutes. 80% people like it because it's cute and they dont even care about the story line...
Oct 9, 2012 6:07 AM

Apr 2011
ViSaoSang said:

I watch both SAO and HXH every sunday. As an anime lover (action/adventure ) type I would say HxH is way better than SAO.

Look at their forum, where bunch of virgin people RATE IT 5 Stars because of a Kissing sense and post a HUGE PARAGRAPH to discuss about it. SAO ended in 1 episode, so freaking fast and LAME. The fight wasnt even last for 2 minutes. 80% people like it because it's cute and they dont even care about the story line...

Kawaii~ desu ne~!
Oct 9, 2012 6:10 AM

Oct 2012
SageShinigami said:

Speaking of: People are nuts. This episode was SUPER tense. It took me a minute to realize how close I was to my laptop because I was so into it. The whole time I was like, "Holy shit you guys could REALLY die here!" lol.

And as far as the Nobunaga scene not being touching...meh. How much pity can you have for a fucking mass murderer? I, personally, have none, but if he were you know...NOT a monster, I could've totally been touched by that scene. Personally I liked Gon's response more. "Why can't you spare a little of that grief for all the people you've killed?!" Yeah. Boss. Gon's a weird guy, but he's what makes this series so interesting.

I didnt feel tense in any moment except when kilua was going to sacrifice himself.

And the scene with Nobunaga was Awful. The purpose of that scene is to make the reader/viewer aware that The Troupe isnt your tipical mangaanime villians. That they are not really that bad, that they also have feelings.

And that scene was awfuly done. And you call them monsters and Mass murderers...Do you realize that Killua has Killed a lot of inocent people for money? He is also a mass murderer and a monster? And Kurapika? He also has Killed people, and he works for the mafia, and the mafia does a lots of awful things.

In HxH good people and bad people dont exist. Just exists different people with different agendas(that includes the troupe members, Gon & Killua and every character in the series)
Oct 9, 2012 7:05 AM

May 2012
SageShinigami said:
bleachjoj said:
SageShinigami said:
Mikasa said:
edl01 said:

You won't, because you can't. Because it's not. Also, unless you got your name from the liquid, you've got no room to call things bad, sir.

I won't because it's called the Hunter x Hunter forum not talk about Sword Art Online. Besides I already gave titbits why I think it's bad. And yes Bleach sucks, and?
Oct 9, 2012 7:21 AM

Mar 2012
@Sageshinigami I wouldn't call it great.

If you watched the older anime/read the manga of HxH, you'd be familiar with Greed Island I suppose...That is what SAO will probably never be.

And I was a fool to think it would be after watching episode 1 of SAO which promised a lot.

The rest was just some generic, episodic problems. Fights weren't good, story wasn't good, romance is lame and "just there"

The fact that it will be 25/26 episodes is bad news. 25 episodes are short to being with and anime is rarely any good at that length, with few exceptions(Like the anime being a short twist-y mind-f**king anime or the story is simple and short). And SAO is now 14 episodes in with not much offered.
End Zionazism
Oct 9, 2012 7:27 AM

Mar 2012
pipe27 said:
SageShinigami said:

I didnt feel tense in any moment except when kilua was going to sacrifice himself.

And the scene with Nobunaga was Awful. The purpose of that scene is to make the reader/viewer aware that The Troupe isnt your tipical mangaanime villians. That they are not really that bad, that they also have feelings.

And that scene was awfuly done. And you call them monsters and Mass murderers...Do you realize that Killua has Killed a lot of inocent people for money? He is also a mass murderer and a monster? And Kurapika? He also has Killed people, and he works for the mafia, and the mafia does a lots of awful things.

In HxH good people and bad people dont exist. Just exists different people with different agendas(that includes the troupe members, Gon & Killua and every character in the series)

You missed the point of the scene. It wasn't meant to make you feel sorry for him, he's not some itachi/pain(or every other naruto villain) who's just a good guy who was misunderstood/had to do bad things...It's supposed to make him look selfish.

At first Gon thought those guys just had an instinctive urge to kill (kinda like Dexter lol) and they just don't understand that what they're doing is wrong. So he doesn't really blame them that much, but now seeing that they DO know what it feels to lose someone, which makes him a hypocrite seeing how he doesn't feel for anyone he kills other than his own friends.
End Zionazism
Oct 9, 2012 7:44 AM
Feb 2012
Mikasa said:

The fact that it will be 25/26 episodes is bad news. 25 episodes are short to being with and anime is rarely any good at that length, with few exceptions.

hmm, you're pretty new to anime aren't you?
Oct 9, 2012 7:57 AM

Mar 2012
DynamiteNatalia said:
Mikasa said:

The fact that it will be 25/26 episodes is bad news. 25 episodes are short to being with and anime is rarely any good at that length, with few exceptions.

hmm, you're pretty new to anime aren't you?

WUT R U TOKING BOUT?!

So I won't know if an anime is mediocre unless I watch over a 1000 of them? Hmmm
End Zionazism
Oct 9, 2012 8:22 AM
Oct 2011
Mikasa said:

If you watched the older anime/read the manga of HxH, you'd be familiar with Greed Island I suppose...That is what SAO will probably never be.

And I was a fool to think it would be after watching episode 1 of SAO which promised a lot.

The rest was just some generic, episodic problems. Fights weren't good, story wasn't good, romance is lame and "just there"

The fact that it will be 25/26 episodes is bad news. 25 episodes are short to being with and anime is rarely any good at that length, with few exceptions(Like the anime being a short twist-y mind-f**king anime or the story is simple and short). And SAO is now 14 episodes in with not much offered.

Have you seen stein;gates ??? epic 24 episodes

I still remember how people were "dying waiting for each episode "
Oct 9, 2012 8:32 AM

Mar 2012
That's what I was implying with me exception...and I've only seen 2 eps so far
End Zionazism
Oct 9, 2012 8:33 AM

Oct 2010
My fav shounen :3
Oct 9, 2012 11:16 AM

May 2011
ViSaoSang said:

Look at their forum, where bunch of virgin people RATE IT 5 Stars because of a Kiss scene/ Semi- Naked scene and post a HUGE PARAGRAPH to discuss about it. SAO ended in 1 episode, so freaking fast and LAME. The fight wasnt even last for 2 minutes. 80% people like it because it's cute and they dont even care about the story line...

You do know that having an scene that the characters actually show affection for each other in anime is VERY rare, right? So people are obviously surprised by Kirito x Asuna's romance, I don't blame them. It's refreshing to see that in an anime such as SAO.
Oct 9, 2012 12:23 PM

Oct 2012
Mikasa said:
pipe27 said:
SageShinigami said:

You missed the point of the scene. It wasn't meant to make you feel sorry for him, he's not some itachi/pain(or every other naruto villain) who's just a good guy who was misunderstood/had to do bad things...It's supposed to make him look selfish.

At first Gon thought those guys just had an instinctive urge to kill (kinda like Dexter lol) and they just don't understand that what they're doing is wrong. So he doesn't really blame them that much, but now seeing that they DO know what it feels to lose someone, which makes him a hypocrite seeing how he doesn't feel for anyone he kills other than his own friends.

I didnt feel sorry for him and i dont think i have missed the point. You are analizing the scene by Gon PoV.
In my PoV that scene is important because it shows that Nobunaga isnt a Bad guy just for the Lulz like the 90% of mangaanime villians are.
Is to make people realize that Nobunaga Kills people and has no remorses, BUT he still has feelings for his friends and comrades. In Gon PoV he is selfish, in my PoV he is a better villian than the average because the scene shows that for someone who is a killer, he still has feelings, he still can cry, and he still cares for some things. So it shows tha Nobunaga isnt a Monster, and shows that he has some humanity.

And It helps to understand what Togashis intentions are:
To show that The bad boys arent that bad and that the good boys arent that good. That the term of good or bad depends of how you look at things.
Oct 9, 2012 6:36 PM

May 2012
leokiko said:
ViSaoSang said:

You do know that having an scene that the characters actually show affection for each other in anime is VERY rare, right? So people are obviously surprised by Kirito x Asuna's romance, I don't blame them. It's refreshing to see that in an anime such as SAO.

It's really not that rare. There are plenty of anime that do and show affection. And many that do it way better than SAO.
Oct 9, 2012 6:53 PM

Dec 2010
pretty late...
but still awesome ep even though i know i basically know whats gonna happen...
i think compared to the 99 ver, MH did a really good job depicting that particular scene plus the emotion of the spiders...

i think Hisoka realized too that Killua figured out who the chain user is that's why he went out of his way to point a card at him...
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Oct 9, 2012 8:54 PM
Mar 2008
Mikasa said:

Isn't Gon more of a hypocrite though? He deliberately let the blue cloak guy be killed by Hisoka so he could get his badge.
And he doesn't feel anything for the three guys Killua kills in the exam either.
But here we're expected to agree with Gon that you should care about people you kill.
Oct 9, 2012 10:39 PM

Feb 2011
Ash-Falls-Town said:
Mikasa said:

Isn't Gon more of a hypocrite though? He deliberately let the blue cloak guy be killed by Hisoka so he could get his badge.
And he doesn't feel anything for the three guys Killua kills in the exam either.
But here we're expected to agree with Gon that you should care about people you kill.

Nope, the Hunter Exam is about putting your life on the line, in order to become a Hunter.
Everyone taking part is well aware of that fact and Gon excepted it as the rule.
But here Gon is criticizing the Troupe for murdering the innocent. Like Kurapika's Kurta clan for example.

@Mikasa
I wouldn't say "hypocrite" is the right term for Nobunaga. He doesn't say "the people that kill my friends are bad and only I am allowed to feel sad about a friends' death". He's just selfish, as you've also mentioned.
Oct 10, 2012 2:35 AM
Oct 2009
Mikasa said:

oh please, Generic would be making kayaba the final boss :\

HxH is one of the best anime I watched since i was a little child with the 99 version

but SAO is a great anime and you can see the positive reviews it got, you cant deny that
Oct 10, 2012 5:55 AM

Apr 2012
I was looking at the schedule on http://animecalendar.net/ and Hunter X Hunter isn't on for the rest of this month, nor November or December that I can see. I hope its just a typo cause Im hanging for ep 51.
Oct 10, 2012 6:00 AM
Oct 2011
V001 said:
I was looking at the schedule on http://animecalendar.net/ and Hunter X Hunter isn't on for the rest of this month, nor November or December that I can see. I hope its just a typo cause Im hanging for ep 51.
Just checked the official website, it's gonna air this week. here's the page, the preview and the air date is on the right of the page:
http://www.ntv.co.jp/hunterhunter/index.html
Oct 10, 2012 6:10 AM

Apr 2012
Candor said:
V001 said:
Just checked the official website, it's gonna air this week. here's the page, the preview and the air date is on the right of the page:

Thanks was about to go and punch some random person, but the world is save once again
Oct 10, 2012 6:22 AM

May 2012
mrsword said:
Mikasa said:

oh please, Generic would be making kayaba the final boss :

HxH is one of the best anime I watched since i was a little child with the 99 version

but SAO is a great anime and you can see the positive reviews it got, you cant deny that

I've seen the many bad reviews too
Oct 10, 2012 6:35 AM
Mar 2012
SAO is a great anime
WRONG
Oct 10, 2012 6:43 AM

Mar 2012
mrsword said:
Mikasa said:

oh please, Generic would be making kayaba the final boss :

SAO hasn't done or had any great things, it just promised us great things in ep.1.

What great thing did it do? Story? No. Animation? Not much..especially for a season anime
Romance? Naruto level. Again, it's "just there" :O
Characters? Hell no.
Strategy? No no no. World building? Potential wasted...
End Zionazism
Oct 10, 2012 4:27 PM

May 2011
bleachjoj said:
leokiko said:
ViSaoSang said:

It's really not that rare. There are plenty of anime that do and show affection. And many that do it way better than SAO.

I meant on a LN. Such a deep relationship doesn't happen often in LN's. It's mostly cocktease from different girls.

In SAO, there ARE a bunch of girls, but Kirito is always set on only Asuna from the beginning.
Oct 10, 2012 9:33 PM
Aug 2012
lol im a big fan of HunterxHunter since 3 years ago (already watched the original HxH 3 times already) the episode 50 was great with their escape! :) i cant wait for greed island Arc and the Ant Arc
Oct 12, 2012 1:58 AM

Aug 2012
I really like this episode.
Oct 12, 2012 2:32 AM

Sep 2012
Okaerin said:
Cant wait for next week episode :D

me too I can't wait to see the Danchou :)
mena33Oct 12, 2012 2:40 AM
Oct 13, 2012 11:49 AM

Oct 2009
nezumi time for kiru~ and gon <.<;

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Oct 13, 2012 7:02 PM
Sep 2010
Candor said:
V001 said:

Thank you for this! I was all in a tizzy. I never imagined I'd get so into this series, but it rather well done and the characters are wonderfully likable.
Jan 17, 2013 1:11 PM

Jul 2012
since finished this episode but I just love the beginning when Killua gets Hisouka's message but Gon acts surprised to see him and almost blows his cover
Apr 17, 2013 8:48 PM

Jun 2009
Why the fuck are people talking about SAO in this discussion? Annoying.

Good episode, I'm looking forward to the next stuff for sure.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 5, 2013 8:24 PM

May 2012
That side-stepping. Haha. And never thought that Nobunaga and Uvo were close.
Jun 9, 2013 5:22 PM

Nov 2011
Oh man, that arm wrestling contest was tense. This episode was tense. Can't believe a spider would fall for such a simple trick though.
Jul 9, 2013 3:00 PM

Dec 2012
The opening changed a part of the clip and showed all the Spiders. LOOOL when the song says (you can smile) it showed Uvo smiling XD
Aug 1, 2013 7:39 PM

Dec 2012
Damn talk about a great escape, I really like Gon's speech about sparing thoughts for those the troupe killed.
Aug 2, 2013 2:20 PM
Jul 2012
Pretty good episode.
The escape route was pretty clever by Gon and Killua.
Weird that the opening back to the first lyrics. I like the second better.
5/5
Dec 11, 2013 4:27 PM

Jan 2012
great character development here despite a slowish episode

i love how blatantly self-centred gon is. hes basically like, "let me be the big damn hero!" but in the sweet and earnest way of a child who doesnt know better. its really intriguing.

also poor killua. because of his upbringing he constantly undermines himself as a friend, when imo killua is the best friend you could ask for. it takes him a lot to give a shit about you, but once he does, hed walk through fire. killua never wants to leave gon behind (see the nen waiting period) and doesnt have any self interests so he pursues all of gons for him. cant wait till he realizes he isnt as shitty as his brother would have him think he is.

also so much exposure to the phantom troupe is making me sad to lose them. cause obviously theyre going down, they just seem more human while doing so. but in real life serial killers are the most charismatic, so whatever.
Jan 3, 2014 6:23 PM

Jul 2013
hahaha so even Hisoka can break a sweat huh?? that was funny!

epic escape!! even I was fooled by them.
Mar 31, 2014 2:35 PM
Oct 2009
The first one and a half minutes were hilarious with Hisoka pretending not to know them n then Gon slipping up XD but ofc that Vacuum cleaner girl was conveniently put right next to Hisoka haha the escape was awesome! yay the way they tricked the guy was so clever too hahaha wooohooo
May 17, 2014 5:41 PM

Apr 2014
Welp. That was totally worth backtracking for. Suddenly the coin toss last episode makes sense. And Nobunaga's obsession w/ avenging Uvo.

Love the Killua character struggle, and how Gon supported him by establishing roles: Let me do what I'm good at so YOU can do what you're good at. Friendship so strong, so bromantic~

yaddayadda said:
i love how blatantly self-centred gon is. hes basically like, "let me be the big damn hero!" but in the sweet and earnest way of a child who doesnt know better. its really intriguing.

also poor killua. because of his upbringing he constantly undermines himself as a friend, when imo killua is the best friend you could ask for. it takes him a lot to give a shit about you, but once he does, hed walk through fire. killua never wants to leave gon behind (see the nen waiting period) and doesnt have any self interests so he pursues all of gons for him. cant wait till he realizes he isnt as shitty as his brother would have him think he is.
^ Basically this.
currycurryMay 17, 2014 5:45 PM
May 17, 2014 5:55 PM

Jul 2013
currycurry said:
Welp. That was totally worth backtracking for. Suddenly the coin toss last episode makes sense.
You skipped this episode?

Strange, I know someone else who was watching on Crunchyroll who accidentally skipped ep. 30.
May 17, 2014 6:37 PM

Apr 2014
Yeah, unintentionally. Could be Crunchyroll. Could be the insomnia screwing with memory and/or motor control.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

517 by Nerdason »»
Today, 4:15 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2013

170 by Nerdason »»
Today, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 109 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2013

175 by Nerdason »»
Today, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AngelicFeces - Mar 10, 2012

97 by _Abdullah_ »»
Yesterday, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 108 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2013

292 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.