Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 7, 2012 5:16 PM

May 2010
good episode, that child is scared for life in more ways the one.
Aug 7, 2012 5:57 PM
Oct 2011
Not very enjoyable

But the cosplay are good like previous season :D
Aug 7, 2012 6:45 PM

Apr 2010
Kyouko actually cooked something. No one died. I'm mortified.

Aug 7, 2012 7:00 PM
Feb 2012
not surprised Kyouko can cook but nvr do the homework
Aug 7, 2012 7:33 PM
Jun 2011
That was...fun.
Nice to see Mirakalun and Rivalun as established characters now...kinda.

And poor Chinatsu, she's so screwed up that she ends up generating more fear and loathing than she deserves (and I don't even like her and I feel bad).
She's a bitch and a yandere, but she doesn't deserve what she gets in this ep, after all she's been trying to be a good girl this season.
(It's just kinda hard when your heart is black like hers)
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Aug 7, 2012 7:39 PM
Jun 2011
Akamitsu said:
Kyouko actually cooked something. No one died. I'm mortified.

Is she known for bein a bad cook or somethin?

To my knowledge the only really bad cook is Chinatsu and only when she's trying to be good.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Aug 7, 2012 8:31 PM

Jul 2011
Aversa said:

The blood type was partly right but they didn't take positive and negative into account.
For instance it's true that O negative can give blood to all other blood types but it can only receive blood from there own blood type O-.
While O+ can only give blood to people with a positive blood type however they can only receive blood from O+ and O-.
So far it's still simple but if take for instance AB+ they can receive blood from anyone but they can only give blood to AB+.
AB- can only receive blood from a negative blood type and the can only give blood to AB+ and AB-.
And when you start looking at B it gets even more complicated.
Still when receiving blood from someone else there is always the possibility that your body rejects that blood even when it's capable with your blood type and even when it's the same blood type.
The risks of your body rejecting the same blood type is less high then it rejecting a blood type which is capable with your blood type and your body will always reject a blood type which is not capable with yours.
Which is why doctors use people with the same blood type for blood transfusions.
It should also be mentioned that most people have a positive blood type about 80% depending on country the most common blood types O+ which is carried by about 35% of the populations tho there are country's where this is almost 50%.
The lean common blood type is AB- which is carried by about 1% of the population and in Hong Kong it's even at 0.05% of the population.
In other words if you have a positive blood type it's easier to find a donor that for those with a negative blood type.

Oh. So that explain why Chinatsu-san rejected Kyoko. Hahaha! Though its still kinda confusing to me.. LOL XD I wonder what are the blood types of the student councils. XD
Aug 7, 2012 8:48 PM
Apr 2010
Lmao at that Mirakurun short and Ayano waiting so excitedly at the phone. Also Akari in the Ganbo head with detachable buns, good stuff indeed. The last part at Yui's place wasn't as good, but still some nice moments from that. The next episode preview though, "this episode is all about sisters." AKARI'S SISTER, LET'S GO! Tables are getting flipped if Akari's sister doesn't have lines.
Aug 8, 2012 1:05 AM

Nov 2009
I thought of 4Chan's b board when I read this:
Aug 8, 2012 2:53 PM

May 2009
yu3 said:
I wonder what are the blood types of the student councils. XD

Ayano: AB
Chitose: O
Sakurako: B
Himawari: A

Chizuru: O
Rise: O
Nishigaki-sensei: AB

Dalek-baka said:
gregthemaniac said:
I sat wondering about what kind of alternate universe they live in where there are no sweaty male otakus at com(i/u)ket. well there are no males in their universe at all as already pointed out.
Children probably come with the stork in Yuriyuri land.

(I think I read somewhere that there were a brother in the serialization but that got changed to a sister in the tankoubons, so they are definitely extinguished, now.)

In S1 there are but I had to check it.
We can see Yui's father and also hear Akari's
not to mention some crowd.
Stil probably rest of guys was exterminated by Chinatsu as way of capturing Yui's attention :)

Ahh... that brother is Akari's sister :) and I like it this way

Yes, and actually there are some males on the manga, but for some reason they're all girls on the anime.
ShizumiAug 8, 2012 3:11 PM
Aug 8, 2012 10:02 PM

Jul 2011
Shizumi said:
yu3 said:

Oh! How did you know? O.O
So if ever Chitose loss some great blood loss, she can get it from Chizuru, Rise and Yui.. But if she's O- and her twin Chizuru doesn't have the same blood type like her, then she will have a big problem.. I heard some twins don't have the same blood types..
yu3Aug 8, 2012 11:01 PM
Aug 9, 2012 1:40 AM

Sep 2008
Ayano's weakness is her obsession with tsun. I love how Kyoko didn't complain about just being handed a box of pancake batter and nonchalantly made them.
Aug 9, 2012 6:22 AM
Sep 2011
Something interesting I noticed. At around 18 minutes in, after Yui says that Kyouko got an F in music, some sheet music briefly flutters around on screen.

Being the curious person I am, I paused the video to discover that it is in fact a transcription of the melody of the OP.

A nice touch, I thought.
Aug 9, 2012 10:31 AM

Mar 2010
Pretty silly start, but then it got really hilarious. The little girl at "comuket" and the box again was fun to see. w
Aug 9, 2012 10:32 AM

Jul 2011
awesome ep, so many hilarious stuff happened. ahaha.
Aug 9, 2012 10:38 AM

Dec 2011
"it's a pain to animate my transformation so we cut it"

"ganbo-sama don't you think this is a bit much?"
right. We can't have you actually hurting the good guy.

Feeling sorry for the balls?

Mirakurun Five-Day Work Week Flash!
^interesting ability name...

Ganbo digging his own grave. And Rivarun joins in.

Haven't laughed so much in a long time. Brilliant episode. Brilliant.
And that was just the intro...

Aww poor Ayano getting left out.

So Yui got roped into helping make the anime?

Chitose in a world of dreams. This can't end well.

But it's Chinatsu who causes the first disaster...

Kyouko sure knows how to make Chinatsu do what she wants when she gets serious about things - play the Yui card.

It's that box again. Does it count as a main character yet?

Aww poor Akari... always getting the bad picks.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Aug 9, 2012 2:58 PM

May 2009
yu3 said:
Shizumi said:
yu3 said:

So if ever Chitose loss some great blood loss, she can get it from Chizuru, Rise and Yui.. But if she's O- and her twin Chizuru doesn't have the same blood type like her, then she will have a big problem.. I heard some twins don't have the same blood types..

It's on the manga ;)

Goosta said:
Something interesting I noticed. At around 18 minutes in, after Yui says that Kyouko got an F in music, some sheet music briefly flutters around on screen.

Being the curious person I am, I paused the video to discover that it is in fact a transcription of the melody of the OP.

A nice touch, I thought.

Good eyes. I didn't notice it, that's pretty neat.
Aug 9, 2012 11:43 PM

Jul 2011
Shizumi said:
yu3 said:

Shizumi said:

It's on the manga ;)

O I see.. XD

Goosta said:

A nice touch, I thought.

Oh.. Nice one. How did you know? You can read musical notes?
Aug 10, 2012 2:57 AM

May 2012
Perfect first part of an episode. Starts with a parody of the magical girl genre... Adorable opening, hilarious joke about expensive as all transformation sequences, and then...
Turns out Kyoko's doujin circle made a Mirakurun anime. Who would have guessed. Not sure, but this could be a reference to Tohou...

The rest of it went back to the typical feel of every episode of Yuru Yuri, but it is always amusing.
Aug 10, 2012 3:39 AM

Aug 2010
Finally, another good episode! I've been waiting for this since episode 2...

Poor Ayano, she should have went with Chitose 4/5.
Aug 10, 2012 2:37 PM

Oct 2011
This anime just keeps getting better and better with each episode! Loved the change of tone in the first half but I wish Ayano would have made it to Comiket with them :(
Aug 10, 2012 3:47 PM

Aug 2010
Worst ep over the 2 series.
fuck everything and rumble
Aug 11, 2012 6:50 AM

Jul 2010
amginex said:
prismheart said:
Poor Ayano and Akari was stuck with the horrible cosplay.

i feel bad for ayano. maybe its just me but i want more ayano x kyouko

Don't worry you're not alone.I also want to more...
Aug 12, 2012 4:21 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, although it would be better if Ayano also joined the party, it was funny in it's own way.
Next episode will be about sisters if the preview isn't lying.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 14, 2012 11:29 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode! :D Beginning part was pretty hilarious, and I always love Comiket episodes XD Poor Ayano, just waiting there by the phone ... ahaha XD Though seriously Kyouko, calling her just to help you with your books?! That's not very considerate of you :P
Last part with random talking and the box appears again! I've always wanted to know my blood type ...
Aug 16, 2012 2:20 PM

Dec 2011
Poor Akarin and Ayano.

Akarin kept talking with the Zamasu! Ahahahaha.
About sisters next episode? Hope Akarin's sister will make a full blown appearance with lines.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2012 5:18 PM

Aug 2011
And the classic "Life is bitter" line returns!

Mirakurun's segment was great, lots of laughs to be had when she deflated the balls.
Aug 28, 2012 8:05 AM
Jan 2012
I prefer the usual OP. It's actually quite catchy lol. Meh mirakurun not really my thing but i enjoyed the B part of the episode :D
Sep 13, 2012 5:27 AM

Apr 2009
Oh wow, an actual Mirakurun episode for the first 5+ minutes. Lol at all the blood. And that sequence with returning the balls seemed a bit like a Madoka Magica parody to me. Ironically, it was Rivarun's seiyuu who voiced Madoka herself.

Wow, Chitose found a new source of nosebleed material from doujins at "Comuket". Poor little girl got her dreams broken by the "real Mirakurun". Chinatsu traumatizing kids one at a time (older people included if she uses her ghastly drawings).

And... and.. is that a North Korean flag bracelet I see on Kyouko after "Comuket"?! I know Kyouko has a lot of quirky and kitschy stuff but this might be a bit too crazy.
Nov 30, 2012 7:39 AM

May 2012
One of my favorite episodes so far, the first part was just to awesome with Mirakurun! And damn already a year passed since last con! Well great episode I must say up to the next one!
Feb 23, 2013 1:38 AM
Jul 2018
When Chinatsu messed up the line in front of the little kid, I lost. I almost had to pause because I was laughing so hard. That lasted for about 30 seconds. Damn, that was funny. I don't think this series had the capability to make me laugh that hard.
Mar 24, 2013 2:15 PM

Sep 2012
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Apr 10, 2013 10:38 AM

Jan 2013
Poor Ayano ;_;
May 6, 2013 6:52 PM
Jul 2012
Good episode.
Really don't like the first half. It is so different. Skipped it
Glad the middle and the second half is funny.
Haha Ayano waited all day to answer Kyouko on the phone. And she shocked after it lmao!
Lol at the conservation topics.
4/5
Jun 19, 2013 1:06 AM

Nov 2012
mirakurun episode XD it's so funny when seeing mirakurun get kicked by those balls.. it is just so stupid.. and then in the end they are playing bowling XD

btw poor ayano dong get invited by kyouto XD
lol XD chitose is come to comiket to buy those "books" XD

the cosplay is so cute too.. but chinatsu is kind of awkward seriously that pose XD
Aug 2, 2013 5:35 AM

May 2013
Good episode, woohoo Mirakurun!

Was Yui cosplaying as Homura? Pretty sure she is.

Ayano getting trolled hard by Kyouko LOL.
Oct 11, 2013 8:27 PM

Dec 2012
"Life is bitter." - LOL, poor kid. Chinatsu - ruining children's dreams one by one. It was hilarious how Ayano was waiting the whole night for a phone call, and then she just goes pale when Kyoko finally called.
Jan 21, 2014 8:25 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode.
Mar 29, 2014 1:03 PM

Nov 2012
Poor Ayano. She got comiket-zoned.
Jun 11, 2014 3:28 PM

Feb 2014
Chinatsu was actually hilarious this episode, laughed so hard at her Mirakurun impression.

And poor, poor Ayano =/
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Sep 1, 2014 11:23 AM

Jul 2014
Mirakurun would make a great anime lol
Oct 8, 2014 9:22 AM

Jan 2013
So Akari's hair balls are removable? I really laughed when I saw that.

And poor Ayano, she was waiting for an invitation..

That box of random conversation is always epic.
Nov 4, 2014 10:29 AM

Aug 2014
gregthemaniac said:
Children probably come with the stork in Yuriyuri land.
That's just so many levels of wrong. XD
airicake said:
The next episode preview though, "this episode is all about sisters." AKARI'S SISTER, LET'S GO! Tables are getting flipped if Akari's sister doesn't have lines.
ALL OF THIS. GIVE US AKANE DAMMIT.
Goosta said:

A nice touch, I thought.
Ye gods, that's the kind of thing I would do in an OCD moment.

Is it bad and/or a sign of insane fandom that Miraclun (has nobody picked up on the miracle->mirakuru transcription yet?) is coming off as a warped version of Nanoha, particularly with the relationships between them and Rivalun/Fate? Not that this wouldn't make perfect sense for a Kyōko dōjin...

Ayano's tsun side is feeling more and more like an affectation. Maybe it having bitten her on the ass here will bring a certain level of understanding. And apparently there's someone even more tsundere than her or Sakurako, maybe both put together...

Kyōko's starting to annoy me again, tho this time not so much for being a dumbass as just being an ass. Will need to wait for the next ep to see if it isn't just me being tired-grumpy, but it's tempting me to remove her from the shipping equations, save possibly feeling that she and Chizuru deserve each-other. Still shipping Akari/Chitose for now, tho Chitose/Kyōko is somewhat tempting when Kyōko's not aggravating me.
DuneflowerNov 4, 2014 10:48 AM
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Nov 11, 2014 2:55 PM

Sep 2014
Didn't like the episode, felt sad for Ayano. She's such a cool character, why do it to her :( It's the first time I felt annoyed at Kyoko xd
Feb 13, 2015 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
Hilarious in its simplicity, the narrative that manages at times to be epic with some images.
Protagonists all good and in tune with the atmosphere.
The beginning was unsettling, but was able to rejuvenate the trend now so usual in the first minute.
Drawings very nice and quite finished like quality.
Apr 5, 2015 5:48 AM
Nov 2014
Didn't realise that Ayano got left out in this ep, pretty decent ep I suppose.

Dat pose by Chinatsu lol.
May 7, 2015 1:31 PM

Jul 2010
I fucking cried every time i saw Ayano T_T
May 30, 2015 2:32 PM

Jun 2014
Mikakuran's OP was really interesting.

Attack of the balls!

Jan 24, 2016 3:35 PM

Feb 2015
Not sure about the mirakurun stuff at the start but still a nice episode. Felt SO BAD for Ayano! Plus really enjoyed the Chinatsu-not-being-cute-at-all scenes.
Jun 24, 2016 4:49 AM

Dec 2012
Poor Ayano she wasted her day. xD Love the comiket episode though, it's always fun. That kid is scarred for life though lmao

Ayacchi sung the OP. <3
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

robokai - Aug 13, 2012

148 by asbest0sdust »»
Mar 17, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 30, 2012

123 by asbest0sdust »»
Mar 15, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 17, 2012

194 by devil1001 »»
Jul 26, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kuuderes_shadow - Sep 10, 2012

188 by devil1001 »»
Jul 26, 2023 6:21 AM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Sep 3, 2012

110 by Michi00_ »»
Feb 9, 2023 1:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.