Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 6, 2011 11:27 AM

Aug 2008
Let's hospital! Oh Nizuma is pretty much the only good thing in this episode.

I understand why Mashiro has to work as hard as he did but seeing the people around him worried sick about his condition pains me. Especially his mom.
What I find interesting was the conflicting emotions Shujin had. One moment he's like 'Oh I shouldn't do this' and the next he's like 'Yeah ok I'll bring the manuscript now!" It's all very real and frankly quite amusing imo.
Nov 6, 2011 11:53 AM

Apr 2011
This episode was so awesome. The love between Saiko and Azuki was so great to see. I still think he is pushing himself to hard, but it's awesome to see the support Azuki has for him.
Nov 6, 2011 12:26 PM

May 2008
This episode was AMAZING. Mashiro is bat shit crazy for pushing himself like that over a couple chapters and a colored page.,.holy fuck man...

And Nizuma ftw once again. What a boss.

Nov 6, 2011 12:47 PM

May 2010
Mashiro is so crazy about the work @_@ I SO don't like Azuki, she irritates me, assistant-girl is much cuter and funnier. Well, this ep wasn't really that cool, but LET'S HOSPITAL by Niizuma made me laugh so hard :D
Nov 6, 2011 12:49 PM

Dec 2010
It was nice to see Azuki again and her back story I think she takes the spotlight this episode.
I really think Mashiro acts really selfish about drawing the manga but i guess his only being like that so he can make his and Azuki's dream come true as soon as possible.
Nov 6, 2011 3:06 PM
Apr 2011
I like it but, in the manga it was better still I can't wait for the next ep.
Nov 6, 2011 3:56 PM

Jan 2011
Best episode by far! at the end they actually looked like a couple supporting each other :3.
Nov 6, 2011 4:31 PM

Aug 2010
Everybody has lost their damn minds okay. I understand this is their dream and they've worked so hard for it but come on it is not worth dying for or becoming seriously ill. They are only teenagers, they would still have the chance to have another manga become #1 and long running. I mean look at Nakai-san. Mashiro is just being too selfish, as if he forgot what happened to his uncle. He can't be #1 if he dies or becomes critically ill.

I found nothing about this episode to be heartwarming or any of that mess. Only part I liked was Niizuma showing up for a few minutes. Mashiro's mom needs to shut this whole manga operation down. He is still a minor after all.
Nov 6, 2011 5:02 PM
Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
Omnicloudx13 said:
LET'S HOSPITAL! Lawl Eiji too good.

↑ This lol~

x3

The last scenes were too extreme! Where am I going to put my shame for the time I spend procrastinating instead of studying or writing/ fighting for my dreams?!!! (there's no more space under my bed o_o)

Now seriously, that was too much...and Azuki holding Mashiro's hand to help him continue drawing while he smirked in pain o_O I wanted them to continue the manga, but at that moment I just wanted to slap every one of them...it really was exaggerated...shounen manga dakara ka na...
I got to say though: That dilemma of them...very legit. Well, there's no dilemma for Mashiro. Insane, even knowing how his uncle died. Idiot heroes that will fight no matter what, no matter if they'll die ...shounen manga dakara ka na... And that's how someone does something apparently different in a shounen magazine and wins.

I love Bakuman. No matter what, I couldn't enjoy it more ^^ (oh my, how am I supposed to survive through this week *drooling like a dog with rabies*)

Nov 6, 2011 6:57 PM
Jan 2011
Man, Mashiro was only overexerting himself, he only needs some sleep and good food, but why a liver condition?
Nov 6, 2011 10:23 PM
Jun 2010
such a persistent attitude he's got there, not that i don't like it. It feels nice knowing he tries to catch his dreams with all he's got.

PS. MashiroxAzuki love points go up, seeing each other again really hit a soft spot.
Nov 7, 2011 12:46 AM

Jan 2010
Don't like.

Mashiro has to pimp it out with both Azuki and the assistant.
Nov 7, 2011 12:51 AM

Apr 2011
Liver? How come?
Nov 7, 2011 4:01 AM

Jan 2010
Hm. I'm all for working hard for your dreams, but he realizes he's going to end up like his uncle, doesn't he?
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Nov 7, 2011 5:35 AM

Jul 2009
Monad said:
Damn lucky bastard isn't he. Having a sweet beautiful girl holding his hand to draw like that. She really adores him.
Btw i really don't get this operation thing. What the hell does his liver has to do with him overworking?
If it was really exchaution then he wouldn't need liver surgery. That means that his working wasn't the reason that he got sick.

Sleep deprivation weakens the immune system. Weakened immune system means a much higher chance of infection, which (i've already forgotten if it was mentioned in the anime lol) in the manga is stated to be the problem.
Does it really matter, though? People seem to be willing to overlook unrealistic medical conditions in anime all the time; if it makes things interesting, aren't the results more important than the cause?

---

On a side note, while skimming through the manga to make this post, I noticed how many comments they cut out that would've given yaoi fangirls a field day xP
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Nov 7, 2011 11:45 AM

Jul 2009
This was always one of my favourite parts of the manga. Unfortunately I think it goes slightly downhill from here for a while.
Nov 7, 2011 2:25 PM

Jun 2011
Nice episode. Just wished he would stop drawing so he will not end up like his uncle.
Nov 7, 2011 3:28 PM

Sep 2007
I completely facepalmed when he said he preferred manga over Azuki. He's lucky Azuki is such a nice girl.

Thalandor46 said:
Wow. I haven't always seen it as completely positive, but I think this is the first time I have substantially negative opinions towards Bakuman. I pretty much hate every character who appeared in this episode. Mashiro, your determination is not impressive or admirable. It's just flat out stupid, and you're an insensitive asshole to everyone who cares about you. And everyone who can't bitch slap him in the face and tell him to stop being so stubborn is just as bad. There is so much wrong with this plot line, and I find myself hating every moment of it. This is almost drop worthy for such a consistently good series. Someone better turn this around...

This too. Imagine if he actually died or something because everybody just kept egging him on. I'm assuming the chief editor is going to visit Mashiro next episode so he can tell him to drop that shit or release him from contract or something.
Nov 7, 2011 6:36 PM

Oct 2011
wow that was just......wow he was more dedicated than i thought!..Good thing Azuki is rely in lonve with him or everything could have ended right there!
Nov 7, 2011 6:39 PM

Feb 2010
Yikes. He's working himself to death..

LOVED Niizuma barging in lol
Nov 7, 2011 7:38 PM

May 2007
Nizuma rolling into the hospital I liked.

Masahiro I sympathize with in this episode, I totally get where he is coming from, everyone else, a bunch of idiots who will all kill themselves if he actually does die.
My anime list
Nov 7, 2011 9:43 PM

Aug 2009
lol am i the only pissed off about how selfish he begin?
and that part where Azuki asked which was more important her or his manga he said his manga, that part alone made me wanna punch him.....
you know at end of ep 5 when he fell i couldnt help feeling bad for him but after this ep when he fell again, i was like server you right
Nov 8, 2011 4:29 AM
Jul 2009
I quess the best episode so far.
Starting from Mashiro girl arrival in hospital I couldn't help crying and smiling over and over again. It was perfect.

Nizuma rushing from a cab was epic like a wild animal;D

Liver problems=stress, bad food(caned coffe ugh) and lack of vitamins caused it. It is possible.

ps.
Everybody has lost their damn minds okay. I understand this is their dream and they've worked so hard for it but come on it is not worth dying for or becoming seriously ill. They are only teenagers, they would still have the chance to have another manga become #1 and long running. I mean look at Nakai-san. Mashiro is just being too selfish, as if he forgot what happened to his uncle. He can't be #1 if he dies or becomes critically ill.

This anime is about 2guys which want to become great mangakas and get serlialization NOW, not later on or etc. One has to have a basic knowledge about anime industry. If you stop you will drop out, the sooner you start the better. Old guys doesn't count so much. So even if they're only 10agers they fight as an adult and beeing mangaka nowadays mostly is "become the best in young age". And yeah. Mashiro is doing it not only for his own sake but also for his uncle so as to finish his job for him and become PRO instead of dying as a gambler...
batonikNov 8, 2011 4:47 AM
xxx
Nov 8, 2011 5:56 AM

Sep 2009
xLegionx said:
I got kinda pissed at the end... wtf Miho was going to stop him but then encourages him even though he is in alot of pain. To me that is just stupid, Manga is one thing but your life is something else. All I know is he better not die or ill be pissed.
Yea why is Miho helping him? This guy here need to cut off a small part of his liver. It's serious stuff. And he's in pain..how to draw? I got real pissed at her for a moment.
Nov 8, 2011 7:16 AM

Jun 2009
Eiji is soo: >Let's Hospital lol

Best Ep, up until now. 10/10

Nov 8, 2011 9:15 AM

Jul 2009
Lol, at this rate he'll be dead next week.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Nov 8, 2011 10:43 AM
Jul 2009
Shinki- that's the true love from her. Just to let him their dream come true. And mb he said that he loves manga more than her. She wants to become one with manga for him and his heart.
xxx
Nov 8, 2011 2:50 PM

Sep 2010
The only good thing about this episode was Eji.

Especially disliked when Mashiro said Azuki is not as important as manga.
If it wasn't for her he would have probably declined Takagi's offer.

Whatever, he can die and this gets a 10.
Nov 8, 2011 4:36 PM

Jul 2007
Entertaining episode on many levels.. but I kinda agree that the scenes in the end were a little overdrawn, or extreme, so to say.

I genuinely lol'd at LET'S HOSPITAL, had to rewind and rewatch that dynamic entry at least 5 times.
Nov 8, 2011 4:59 PM
Mar 2009
Azuki x Mashiro!! ftw
high point of bakuman right here

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Nov 9, 2011 3:59 AM

Sep 2006
For the premise: "Mashiro must draw" - I thought the characters' responses were very realistic. You could totally see Takagi initially flat out refusing to cooperate, being momentarily overwhelmed by Mashiro's enthusiasm, then at the end becoming terrified of what his friend is prepared to die for.

I'm not sure what Azuki has in mind, but for the sake of varity (and oh what the heck, Mashiro's already insane, what will one more insane girlfriend do anyway), it's interesting to see how they will respond to BOTH Azuki and Mashiro's determination to keep him drawing.

If we get over the issue of Mashiro being a genuine "die trying" idiot, this episode was done really well. It left a greater impression on me than the manga did.
Nov 9, 2011 6:28 PM

Sep 2011
Wow, I thought Azuki would get the hell out of there when Mashiro told her to his face (and thats really much considerating that this pair cant even see each other without blushing to theat) "Manga is more important" but no :S
Nov 10, 2011 10:19 AM

May 2009
Stubborn bastard he is.

Also, LET'S HOSPITAL!
Nov 10, 2011 10:24 AM

May 2009
Thalandor46 said:
Wow. I haven't always seen it as completely positive, but I think this is the first time I have substantially negative opinions towards Bakuman. I pretty much hate every character who appeared in this episode. Mashiro, your determination is not impressive or admirable. It's just flat out stupid, and you're an insensitive asshole to everyone who cares about you. And everyone who can't bitch slap him in the face and tell him to stop being so stubborn is just as bad. There is so much wrong with this plot line, and I find myself hating every moment of it. This is almost drop worthy for such a consistently good series. Someone better turn this around...

Basically this. I get that being put on hiatus when they just started to gain popularity will most likely end the serialization, but at least Mashiro will be still alive and ready to draw another manga that will have the chance to become a long runner, instead of overworking and dying like his uncle.
Nov 11, 2011 10:16 AM

Aug 2009
LETS HOSPITAL!!!!!!
Nov 11, 2011 2:19 PM
Mar 2010
Best episode so far.... Saiko's determination is awesome, Hattori is great, I miss him...
Niizuma is best character of this series, he's so smart in his crazyness.....
Azuki..... surpised me.... I think finally she is a woman and not a teen girl.... she was great in this episode!!! And last scene was very wooooaaaaa!!!!!!

next to 7th ep
Nov 12, 2011 3:04 AM

Oct 2010
I loved the Mashiro x Azuki in this episode. ♥

Also, Eiji is just win. LET'S HOSPITAL!
[insert awesome signature here]
Nov 12, 2011 5:43 PM

May 2008
Eiji is soi Epic

damn Mashiro what are u doing

*facepalm*
Nov 17, 2011 6:36 AM

Jul 2010
LET'S HOSPITAL!
Nov 19, 2011 12:24 AM

Aug 2011
owww Love it!! <3!!
Nov 20, 2011 9:05 AM

Nov 2008
Nice episode ^^
Nov 24, 2011 9:24 AM

Jan 2008
How it should have ended: Mashiro ignores the warnings, overworks and drops dead. Should have known better. The end.

But obviously we can't have that.
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Nov 28, 2011 1:27 PM

Aug 2008
I find it amazing that even though Mashiro has to have surgery (how'd he f*ck up his liver?) and given his uncle's untimely demise you would think someone would try harder to slow him down. But no, everyone's in love with his dedication. *sigh* Can't wait for this damn arc to be over.

Dec 7, 2011 11:48 PM

Feb 2010
So emotional ;A;
Their love is too great~
Dec 18, 2011 1:59 PM

Apr 2008
Damn stubborn dumbass :P
Oh well, he`ll make it of course.

Dec 19, 2011 3:30 PM

Jul 2008
I didn't know exhaustion and not eating enough caused your liver to need to be removed.

Also, I hate Mashiro.

The last scene was pretty crazy.
Gar_LoganDec 19, 2011 3:53 PM
Jan 8, 2012 10:28 AM

Apr 2009
This has been bugging me for weeks. Every time I watch a new episode this one comes back to mind and annoys me, so I'll rant to get it out of my system.

When Saikou says manga is more important to him than Azuki I got annoyed with his character. He does it right after Miho confesses that she has had a thing for him for 8 years. That made it all the more annoying. It wasn't punctuated by character reactions and they glazed right over it. I don't know if I'm misinterpreting the authors intent, if Saikou is just being stubborn and disingenuous, or if it was translated poorly. Just a few episodes earlier he chose her and put manga second. He put off drawing and meeting his deadlines to be with her when she was distressed about the ecchi picture nonsense. Him saying that manga is more important than her contradicts his actions from that episode, and all the previous episodes as well. So perhaps we were meant to draw the conclusion that he was not being genuine, but it put his character on my shit list for being so much more tactless and insensitive than usual. ~ End rant.
Jan 23, 2012 7:59 PM

Aug 2010
HOLY SHIT just HOLY SHIT!!! LOL this episode was like a bag of poop burning up but at the same time it was awesome :P

"Well if you put it that way...manga is more important" I literally LMAO at that part definitively wasn't expecting that XD

I'm glad they can finally talk to each other face to face...(bunch of weirdos :P) but I think Mashiro is just plain crazy and Azuki too for encouraging him on his suicidal behavior

also "LET'S HOSPITAL!!" Nizuma ftw
Feb 1, 2012 1:13 AM

Jan 2012
Azuki and Mashiro...when she take his hand...ararararara
Feb 3, 2012 12:28 PM
Jan 2012
Very very great ep ! Mashiro is amazing !
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 3, 2012

73 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Apr 27, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

78 by Karva1 »»
Mar 29, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 12, 2011

120 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 21, 12:19 AM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 24, 2012

150 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2011

105 by DZento »»
Jul 26, 2023 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.