Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 21, 2011 8:05 AM

Jul 2010
Well this was a pretty nice but weird introduction to the characters! I wonder if the first part was really just a fantasy or a sneak peek from the future episodes, just like the last part of this OVA. x)

Looks very interesting. So far, it's a keeper. I'm loving the characters and the design reminds me so much of Denpa Onna, which is of course a good thing. =)
OnyxthegreatSep 21, 2011 8:13 AM

Sep 21, 2011 8:19 AM

Feb 2010
Looks good to me, but why are the cutest girls wearing lame ass cosplays?
Sep 21, 2011 8:26 AM

Nov 2008
Rhypo-oniichan said:
Looks good to me, but why are the cutest girls wearing lame ass cosplays?

Artists running out of ideas, Yuka voicing another loli is pretty good, I enjoyed Maho especially and this is a good transition.

Webeiss said:
Yes, you can. This is basically exactly how the manga started, a sort of glimpse into the realm of Haganai.

Another potental novel/manga faithful series I see.
HoppySep 21, 2011 8:33 AM

Sep 21, 2011 8:33 AM

Feb 2010
can't wait for the real show start.
Sep 21, 2011 9:00 AM

Aug 2011
Sozora said:
Yay YOZORA+MEAT <3333333
Though I had a different voice in mind for Yozora, but it's all good =/

LOL, but i think the voices are good!!
oh well, can't wait for the next episode!!! XD
Sep 21, 2011 9:00 AM

Jan 2008
Needed more Meat.
Sep 21, 2011 9:25 AM

Oct 2009
Well... this pretty much SUCKED. The voices don't fit the cute chara designs, the main female characters seem annoying, and I REALLY didn't need the vomiting scene. This gets a 4/10 from me and I pray that the main series is more entertaining. Yes, I will watch it even if it sucks ass.
Sep 21, 2011 9:45 AM

Jan 2008
SurferDude said:
The voices don't fit the cute chara designs, the main female characters seem annoying, and I REALLY didn't need the vomiting scene.

Goes to show you that girls are human too.

I found the scene hilarious.
Sep 21, 2011 10:29 AM

Apr 2008
Another generic harem eh? :P
Gonna give it a chance of course, since it`s same cute design on the girls as in Denpa Onna (yes, I know it`s by the same original creator).

Sep 21, 2011 11:13 AM

Apr 2010
I have been reading the manga for a while and the art of the anime came as a bit of a surprise tho i didn't dislike it.
About the voice acting cast i don't really think that Itou Kanea and Inoue Marina fit Sena's and Yozora's characters.
I think the same with Yamamoto Nozomi for Yukimura.
Tho this could just be my impression from reading the manga.

The episode was exactly the same as the first chapter of the manga and i think the story line in general will be very similar.
I am looking forward to the rest of the anime.
Sep 21, 2011 11:17 AM

Jan 2008
SurferDude said:
Well... this pretty much SUCKED. The voices don't fit the cute chara designs, the main female characters seem annoying, and I REALLY didn't need the vomiting scene. This gets a 4/10 from me and I pray that the main series is more entertaining. Yes, I will watch it even if it sucks ass.

this. Exactly this.
Sep 21, 2011 11:23 AM

May 2009
That was gross.
Sep 21, 2011 11:40 AM

Jan 2010
O...K...?

Not sure what to make of this yet. That's about the only thing I can say right now, other than that it didn't take much to realize that it was a dream, particularly with the "I have lots of friends" thing. This is supposed to be about a lonely bastard, after all.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Sep 21, 2011 11:42 AM

Feb 2011
This OVA made me want to watch the real deal soooo bad!
Can't wait ;)

Sep 21, 2011 11:46 AM

Jan 2011
Gimmie some of that meat.
[center]
Sep 21, 2011 12:32 PM

Jul 2008
Yozora's voice i gatta get use to eh, not exactly what i had pictured
for the others im down ~
Sep 21, 2011 12:37 PM
Jun 2009
What is this I don't even...
the vomiting scene aaaaaaand dropped the whole series. Come on, Japan. You can't stand a nipple AND you let THIS stay?!
Sep 21, 2011 12:48 PM

Oct 2009
Not liking the character designs for this. Fat cheeks and giant eyes. Plus the lips look really weird animated. I don't remember Denpa Onna from SHAFT looking this bad. (Also adapted from a light novel with the same art) AIC kind of messed up on that.

Went into this with really low expectations, since I knew it was going to be the most overhyped show of Fall. Doing the same for the series. I have a feeling this is going to be the new OreImo, the show that is the most popular yet actually kind of sucks.
Sep 21, 2011 1:40 PM

Jun 2011
Hmm, this was pretty awful in my opinion. It would have probably made a lot more sense if I read the light novel but since i have no interest in doing so (especially after watching that) I don't really know what to make of it either. o.O I watched it because I am currently watching Denpa Onna and I saw that it was reccommended for it and so I gave it a try and was like...THIS IS NOTHING LIKE DENPAONNA!?! wtf... I suppose that notion was based entirely around the animation alone. But seriously lame...so generic harem. I might give the actual series ago if I am really bored but meh...this ova did not captivate much of an interest from me...

u_______u
Sep 21, 2011 2:29 PM

Feb 2010
gero nabe~
Sep 21, 2011 2:31 PM

Sep 2009
Was bad....it was so boring. The anime better be good because i was really looking forward to it. The main guy blonde hair look nice, remind me of Kida from Durarara. The vommiting scene was so gross....at least mosaic it dammit. And the drawing is weird...the mouth when the character smile. Shouldn't have watch it.

Paul said:
SurferDude said:
The voices don't fit the cute chara designs, the main female characters seem annoying, and I REALLY didn't need the vomiting scene.

Goes to show you that girls are human too.

I found the scene hilarious.
How is that hilarious. I didn't laugh one bit...and thought they are trying to hard to spoil the typical girl image. Did you watch Gintama's kagura vomit before? THAT is hilarious.
shinki7Sep 21, 2011 2:37 PM
Sep 21, 2011 2:34 PM

Jul 2011
It was alright, loved the ending monologue between Yozora and Sena. I agree with the guys who are saying the designs are lacking a bit and it seems that im one of the few who likes Yozora's seiyuu.

femalegoblin said:
Hmm, this was pretty awful in my opinion. It would have probably made a lot more sense if I read the light novel but since i have no interest in doing so (especially after watching that) I don't really know what to make of it either. o.O I watched it because I am currently watching Denpa Onna and I saw that it was reccommended for it and so I gave it a try and was like...THIS IS NOTHING LIKE DENPAONNA!?! wtf... I suppose that notion was based entirely around the animation alone. But seriously lame...so generic harem. I might give the actual series ago if I am really bored but meh...this ova did not captivate much of an interest from me...

u_______u

Yeah i wouldn't have been able to grasp what the hell was going on if hadn't read the beggining of the manga. While i cant comment on the story as i've only read 0-3 but if the humor holds up to the level set in the opening chapters it could be a very funny series.
Sep 21, 2011 2:35 PM

Jun 2011
This isn't a harem...

This OVA was fuckign LOL worthy. I haven't laughed that hard since Ika Musume
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Sep 21, 2011 2:44 PM

Dec 2007
icamehere said:
This isn't a harem...

Well... the characters listed for the show are 1 guy, 5 girls, and a trap.

That's pretty farking harem-tastic.
Sep 21, 2011 2:57 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
If anime blood ain't red but black instead you complain. But you can't handle a few seconds of dark-colored vomit that basically looked exactly like what they ate out of the pot.

You guys want some cheese with all that whine?

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 21, 2011 3:13 PM

Dec 2010
It was black because of squid ink.

They didn't go into details of what shit they put in, but that explains the color.

Anyways, I thought it was hilarious. I must be vulgar.
Sep 21, 2011 3:26 PM

Jul 2011
I don't really know what I just watched, but it was pretty funny.

Especially the vomit.
Sep 21, 2011 4:17 PM

Mar 2011
I am eager to see the anime, it looks as great
Sep 21, 2011 5:52 PM

Jun 2011
Aired: Sep 22, 2011

Came out tomorrow.
Sep 21, 2011 5:55 PM

Dec 2010
hm it was alright.

Sep 21, 2011 7:11 PM

Dec 2007
Sukiyaki said:
Aired: Sep 22, 2011

Came out tomorrow.

Aren't time zones just amazing?
Sep 21, 2011 7:40 PM

Oct 2010
Denpa Onna Character designs.
+ Oreimo's Producer = Awesome? Yes.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Sep 21, 2011 7:46 PM

Aug 2009
Onii said:
Holy fuck that meat
Sena has delicious body.
Sep 21, 2011 7:50 PM

Apr 2010
LOL at the vomit scene. I didn't expect to see that much detail and I'm glad I did. It reminds me of Ika Musume throwing up ink. haha

Sep 21, 2011 8:05 PM

Jul 2009
Onii said:
Holy fuck that meat

Yes, meat.

Their voices sound much different than what I imagined but They aren't bad so I think it's fine.
Sep 22, 2011 12:30 AM

Jan 2010
in the end, it just turn out to be usual harem shit with little twist.
Sep 22, 2011 1:52 AM

Sep 2010
Looking forward to the actual series.
Sep 22, 2011 3:26 AM

Jul 2010
ins-chan said:
What is this I don't even...
the vomiting scene aaaaaaand dropped the whole series. Come on, Japan. You can't stand a nipple AND you let THIS stay?!
Oh wow, really? It's not like in the whole series they are going to be vomiting all over. You still want to drop it after you saw all those sneak peeks from scenes afterwards?

cyruz said:
If anime blood ain't red but black instead you complain. But you can't handle a few seconds of dark-colored vomit that basically looked exactly like what they ate out of the pot.

You guys want some cheese with all that whine?
Yeah, so basically this.
OnyxthegreatSep 22, 2011 3:30 AM

Sep 22, 2011 5:13 AM

Oct 2009
haha I don't have much friend.. rofl
better to be I don't want such friends xD
Sep 22, 2011 6:19 AM

Nov 2008
First impression: Denpa onna character designs, not bad.

6 minutes in: What is this I don't even..

Looks interesting. Will watch the TV series when it airs.
Sep 22, 2011 10:53 AM

Dec 2009
Looks promising ^^
yuno6.jpg
Sep 22, 2011 3:31 PM

Jun 2009
nice chacter desing but this didn't make me watch to watch it at alll
Sep 22, 2011 3:55 PM

Jun 2009
I am utterly dissapointed.
First thing is art, sure it looks like Denpa Onna cause the ln illustrator is the same. But this art syle is really weird, looks great-good normally but some shoots/faces look plain terribad. Needless to say Shaft was a lot more succesful when it comes to this, as they prolly had less terribad shoots in whole Denpa Onna tv series than AIC has in this one OAV. ಠ_ಠ
Anyway, what the fuck just happened there? Having read only up to few chapters of volume 3 of ln i din't get all, but it seems they took events from later chapters, fucked them up to be incomprehensible and stuffed into a single vision of Kodaka from the prologue of vol.1. Actual vision which is the event on the beach did happen, for like few seconds - all right! The proogue was a (longer) normal chapter lenght. ( ¬‿¬) But nevermind that, where the fuck is my Yozora in awesome stripped swimsuit? Nofuckingwhere, i got some lame red swimsuit which shows more skin... why i ask AIC, why?

Also voices, characters didn't have much lines yet so it's not right to judge right away, but let's overlook it. I'm suprised with how good Yukimura's voice seems, it just fits him( btw his face was prolly the only not messed up one in this ep), Maria sounds pretty fitting as well, and Rika is kinda meh but doesn't sound bad. I didn't really see Hanazawa Kana as Kobato, but seems she's gonna do good. Yozora and Sena doesn't sound fitting at all to be honest, but i got used to Marina as Yozora by the time ep ended so i guess there wont be any problems in the future, still think someone else would do her better. But Itou Kanae just doesn't fit Sena at all, period. I hope i can get used to her somehow.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 22, 2011 4:15 PM

Jul 2010
during the 1st half, the whole time i was thinking "WHEN WILL HE WAKE UP!!!?!?!!?" and i haven't even read the manga. or maybe it was just too easy...
seems these 2 girls will have the most epic rivalry. looking forward to this anime.

Sep 22, 2011 4:54 PM
Apr 2009
Will that was great can't wait for the real show to begin
Isn't she great she can turn off and on that Japanese crap like a annoying sister at a japanese restaurant.
Sep 22, 2011 5:03 PM

Nov 2007
this is the shittiest shit that was ever shat out of a butt. Good lord I can't believe this is what anime (and shitty light novels) have been reduced to.
Sep 22, 2011 5:46 PM

Sep 2011
I am calling this right here. One if the top anime of the year. SHIPPING WARS FTW!!!!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Sep 22, 2011 5:55 PM

May 2009
Tsundere said:
this is the shittiest shit that was ever shat out of a butt. Good lord I can't believe this is what anime (and shitty light novels) have been reduced to.

my thoughts exactly. Talking about shit the MC looked like a moving pile of diarrhea with that haircolour.

I 'd rather be gutted like a fish than watching it again.

Sep 22, 2011 5:55 PM

Aug 2009
OrochiPL said:
But nevermind that, where the fuck is my Yozora in awesome stripped swimsuit? Nofuckingwhere, i got some lame red swimsuit which shows more skin... why i ask AIC, why?

YOU MAD??? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That was one of funniest reason to be mad at AIC.
Sep 22, 2011 11:07 PM

Aug 2009
This series has potential if treated carefully. The harem isn't as strong as previous ones like kampfer or Infinite Stratos. This OVA was kinda creepy though...LOL define plus for me.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.