Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 18, 2010 2:24 PM

Feb 2010
getting sick of toumas logic.

Touma:"Where are you going?"
Stiyl:"Isnt that obvious? to tsuchimikado!"
T:"Where is he?"
S:"Derpderppppp"

T:"Its our fault she was dragged into this! We cant just leave her here!"
S:"What are you going to do?"
T:"Herpdeeeeeerpppppp"

god
Dec 18, 2010 3:50 PM

Jun 2010
Kanade-chan said:
boah so much blood... Normally a human is dead with that kind of bleeding x_x

I know that freaked me out when I saw that, but I'm glad this anime is willing to go so far... certainly makes things interesting!
Dec 18, 2010 4:42 PM

Aug 2010
Holy shit! Himegama got DESTROYED! How is she still alive? O_O
Dec 18, 2010 5:11 PM
Dec 2009
Dareus said:
Inarius said:
Touma, you didn't punch a girl this episode?

that's indeed a shame xD

i woudn't worry about that
he seems pissed enough to give a generous beating on oriana next week
I, who is about to awaken…
Am the Heavenly dragon that has stolen the principles of domination from God…
I laugh at the “infinite”, and I grieve at the dream….
I shall become the Red Dragon of Domination…
Juggernaut Drive!!!!
Dec 18, 2010 5:15 PM

Oct 2010
Sartaj said:
DenjaX said:

-Oh BTW there's a trivia:
Komoe-sensei is older than Stiyl. Stiyl is 14 while Komoe is 18+ or so she says xDD
She's 30+.
No! I think she is 20 or in her 20s at least.
Yumekichi11Dec 18, 2010 8:25 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 18, 2010 6:01 PM

Jun 2008
What happened to my comment???

Fuck MAL and it's stupid Lag...

Anyways, a pretty boring episode, I'm hoping for some kind of conclusion next episode.

3/5
Dec 18, 2010 8:08 PM

Aug 2009
Whoa, that was brutal^^ Didn't expect that O_o
Still, I have to defend Oriana:
She attacked Himegami because she thought she was an enemy. And the scene with the child and the baloon made me think that she actually might be a nice person.
Komoe-sensei was cute this ep, too, but why does she stop Styl from smoking? Isn't she a heavy smoker too?
It's praiseworth that she is trying to do the healing magic in the end.
Besides this, ep was quite good, nice comedy, nice action part, can't wait for the next ep!
Dec 18, 2010 8:18 PM
Dec 2009
It would have been better if what happened to Himegami happened to the purple haired shrine maiden. Yeah what was her name? I forgot since, you know the REDUNDANT title of the show doesn't tell anything about a useless annoying chirpy voiced character that gets blushed every 10 seconds and tries to bite people like a rabid dog in between.

Again this show is predictable I doubt even if she lost buckets of blood you just know the arrogantwho-do-you-thinkI-am?-frog-faced doctor (let's call him Anime Frog Jesus) can practically bring people back to life.

Touma as usual being annoying and stalling during critical pivotal scenes spouting holier-than-thou-self-rightous-bullshit and asking stupid questions. Either that or the director is just filler-ing in the episode so they can push the remainder story into another pathetic episode -YAY, just like they did with the useless restaurant scene and useless Kuroko on wheels that served nothing to the plot device.

Another boring episode for an anime that's been going downhill since the start of the scond season.

1/5
Dec 18, 2010 9:34 PM

Apr 2010
Himegami T_T

As sad as I am for Himegami, I'm glad we finally get to see an effective and direct magical attack. For all the bling, so far magic has been slow and ineffective most of the time.

The only way I can make sense of that level of attack though is what Stiyl said about the Celtic cross - it's somehow related to the Walking Church defense that Index had before Touma destroyed the robe, and Index said it was of pope-class hardness. So maybe Oriana felt that it was necessary to overcome the perceived defense?

I'm excited to see if Komoe-sensei learns more about magic and maybe tries to explore magical abilities since she can't use esper abilities.

Kuroko needs to teleport herself and the wheelchair. Combine that with her teleport-flying and we could see a flying wheelchair! Would be excellent.
Dec 18, 2010 11:05 PM

Feb 2010
Marshy said:

god

you forgot the

Tsuchimikado: im gonna cast a spell
Touma: NOO YOU CANT , YOU CAN HURT YOURSELF

at least once per episode
Dec 19, 2010 12:54 AM

Jul 2009
Jesus Christ that was a lot of blood
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Dec 19, 2010 2:48 AM

Mar 2010
Ah! Such a disappointing episode! The only reason I had any interest in the episode was due to Komoe-sensei. I'm glad to see she's getting some air time, but her role is so sparse. (-.-) Himegami must be a beast, because usually, you will die from that amount of blood loss. It was odd watching that scene though. It felt so emotion less. From Touma's standpoint, I guess. The rest of the episode was typical harem and nonsense. The preview for next week looks a little boring as well, but i'm hoping for better! Looking forward to the next!
Dec 19, 2010 3:19 AM

Oct 2010
ZgMfx2oAFrEeDoM said:
Ah! Such a disappointing episode! The only reason I had any interest in the episode was due to Komoe-sensei. I'm glad to see she's getting some air time, but her role is so sparse. (-.-)
That's because her biggest role looked so far as saving Index in season 1 and perhaps this season she may save Himegami. I too would like her to get involved more but in what roles is debatable. Although LN novel readers may give us clues.

Dec 19, 2010 6:00 AM

Oct 2009
Hooray for Oriana sexy poses :3
Himegami NOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo D: she finally gets screen-time and that's what happens -.- i can't forgive Oriana for that >,<
AND wtf is with Touma's reaction for seeing Himegami covered with blood??? He just stands there talking like the rest of them idiots LUL...
And thus the art/animation just keeps getting worse >_>...

I wanna see Kanzaki Vs Oriana cat fight D8
Dec 19, 2010 6:11 AM

Jan 2008
I actually love this show from this episode now. The fight scene and animation were great. I like them better compare to the past episodes. It's all about doing things right and not harming or including innocent people, so it's getting boring for me since season 1. However, the often appearance and longer screen time of Stiyl, Tsuchimikado, and others aside from Kamijou amd Index made the show a whole lot better experience of watching it. Well, that is and I look forward to the conclusion to the sword or Thomson Oriana ark.
Dec 19, 2010 6:37 AM

Nov 2010
Oriana I have no idea why you spread your legs when fighting blondie or what magic you use to keep your clothes from falling off. Still when I saw that girl explode I said holy shit.
Dec 19, 2010 9:01 AM

Jun 2009
Well, they sure leaved out a lot, but the pacing seems right. So i guess it's rather good episode after all. And Oriana's leg spreading during a fight is hot and hilarious at once.... : D
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Dec 19, 2010 10:47 AM
Jun 2008
Oriana is a very interesting character, not only for her sex appeal but for her magic style with the paper spell tickets. I do hope she kicks Touma's ass for a while. I don't care about Himegami. Tsuchikimado versus Oriana was the real episode highlight.
Dec 19, 2010 11:06 AM
Jan 2010
Touma and co just stand there for five minutes arguing about pointless things while one of his friends is lying in a pool of her own blood. Meanwhile Stiyl points out that it'd be a good idea to call the ambulance but no one actually bothers to. Stiyl also says that there is nothing they can do to help, but after a speech by touma he realizes he was entirely capable of giving her first aid after all.

This show makes me cringe more in a single episode than most animes do in an entire season.
Dec 19, 2010 11:32 AM

Jun 2007
That bastard Touma! Not content with just punching girls he now starts punching the BLOOD of girls! Is there a low this guy will not sink to?
Dec 19, 2010 1:33 PM

Oct 2010
DeathReaper said:
I wanna see Kanzaki Vs Oriana cat fight D8
Count me in this one, Oriana needs a nice bitchslap from Kanzaki. Touma should step down to let Kanzaki fight, I would much rather see her than Touma at the amount of time he had so far in this series.

Dec 19, 2010 6:19 PM
Dec 2007
Divine_Judgement said:
Touma and co just stand there for five minutes arguing about pointless things while one of his friends is lying in a pool of her own blood. Meanwhile Stiyl points out that it'd be a good idea to call the ambulance but no one actually bothers to. Stiyl also says that there is nothing they can do to help, but after a speech by touma he realizes he was entirely capable of giving her first aid after all.
Stiyl has no knowledge of healing magic. He will just use his knowledge of magic in general together with what Komoe was taught by Index, that is all. You can perfectly seel Stiyl had no intention of staying until he saw Komoe setting up the area for the spell. I know the character interactions have been uneven at times but don't blame the anime for things you should be able to notice.

And for people who have forgotten, Himegami is not a vampire. She's referred as "Deep Blood" by the head honcho of Academy City. What that means is that Himegami's blood is like sweet candy to vampires. For people who forgot, the reason the alchemist from s1 used her was cause he needed a vampire so she was to be used as bait. At the end of that arc she was given that cross to pretty much hide herself from vampires and pretty much live normally. So yeah, all the importance she has is that she's tasty to vampires.

Dec 19, 2010 11:39 PM

Sep 2008
I like the BGM a lot. Looking forward to the OST :D
entauri.deviantart.com

Dec 20, 2010 1:58 AM
Dec 2007
-Vid said:
o_o That was a pretty intense scene. ;o So much blood though, lol. Kind of overdid it. ;/ And all the smalltalk, jesus christ, call an ambulance already and quit chit chatting.

Kind of surprised that Oriana can suddenly pull out such a spell, though. Wonder why she didn't do it earlier, seems to be kind of strong?:x
Spells affect people depending on their resistance. Himegami likely had zero resistance to the spell so it was like an instant death attack to her.

Dec 20, 2010 2:19 AM

Jun 2008
Wasabi said:
Why are you so damn delicious, Oriana!? Spreading her legs open while fighting Tsuchimikado made me lol. I'm glad this series finally got a villain that can actually kick some fucking ass instead of constantly getting bitched out by Railgun or Imagine Breaker. Too bad they'll over dramatize Touma punching her because of it. Add in some ridiculous self serving monologue from him and we'll get a typical Index end to the arc. They need to just give up on these crappy slice of life parts of the show and just opt for complete action and plot. I mean seriously, Touma holding up Index to do what? Measure her fucking waist?

Index useless as ever and this is a magic arc too. Touma's also exhibiting typical main character stupidity as usual.

My thoughts exactly. Really this post says everything.

Tsuchimikado, you are still a virgin i see. When a woman opens her legs for you, you don't start humping one leg like a dog, you go for the middle.

God damn Oriana is deliciously devilish sexy.

Btw Oriana likes to speak with sexual innuendos doesn't she? Because that's how it seems to me and the fansubbers seem to miss that lot of times and translate too literally or something, losing the innuendo.
MonadFeb 29, 2012 12:46 PM
Dec 20, 2010 3:06 AM

Oct 2010
Leon-Gun said:
And for people who have forgotten, Himegami is not a vampire. She's referred as "Deep Blood" by the head honcho of Academy City. What that means is that Himegami's blood is like sweet candy to vampires. For people who forgot, the reason the alchemist from s1 used her was cause he needed a vampire so she was to be used as bait. At the end of that arc she was given that cross to pretty much hide herself from vampires and pretty much live normally. So yeah, all the importance she has is that she's tasty to vampires.
That's exactly it Leon-Gun but I though her blood was more poisonous to vampires and that's why many got killed less she has skills herself to kill the vampires. The alchemist story holds truth to what her blood does but I still think it's more than what it does, I think it can be used as a weapon against vampires.

Dec 20, 2010 3:53 AM

Jun 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Leon-Gun said:
That's exactly it Leon-Gun but I though her blood was more poisonous to vampires and that's why many got killed less she has skills herself to kill the vampires. The alchemist story holds truth to what her blood does but I still think it's more than what it does, I think it can be used as a weapon against vampires.

Correct. She's like a deathtrap. Vampires can't resist her blood but die when they bite her. This was partly the reason she joined that alchemist in season 1.
Dec 20, 2010 9:49 AM

May 2008
Wow wtf. Himegami just got like..owned hardcore.

And Touma's still an ace pimp |:

Divine_Judgement said:

This show makes me cringe more in a single episode than most animes do in an entire season.

Hah. Yeah cause in anime it doesn't matter if someone is on the verge of death. They'll just pass out and be back on their feet in no time.
StarPebblitDec 20, 2010 9:54 AM

Dec 20, 2010 11:51 AM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Leon-Gun said:

It's been a while, but I don't think S1 showed the vampires actually drawing blood. Also, I don't think she actually did anything to kill them, sorta like Accelerator's reflections.

But also, the alchemist arc revealed that she can sense the flow of blood inside the body. Maybe it's just me, but I got the impression that there was more to Deep Blood that wasn't explained yet.
Dec 20, 2010 12:31 PM
Dec 2007
mulderman said:

Correct. She's like a deathtrap. Vampires can't resist her blood but die when they bite her. This was partly the reason she joined that alchemist in season 1.
I knew I missed one detail about it. Yes, I'm recalling her flashbacks now.

Also, guys, Himegami always liked Touma. This was apparent from the fact she would always try to talk to him during most of the arcs of the first season. The running joke was that Touma would always be too busy or she would be too slow and he would leave for something else. Also, why else would she decide to go to the same school as Touma. =p

Dec 20, 2010 10:05 PM

Aug 2009
Oriana is not a bad guy. She is just a mercenary magician getting paid to do the work.
Dec 20, 2010 10:40 PM

May 2009
wow Himgami got attacked for no reason because of the cross...if only they didn't bump into each other. Also Index and Misaka are pissed off at Touma so much now xD and Tsumikado looks like he won't be able to help for the next episode because of injuries and Stiyl is busy tending to Himegami. Overall good episode looking forward to the next!
Dec 21, 2010 8:21 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
SoFarGone said:
Oriana is not a bad guy. She is just a mercenary magician getting paid to do the work.

^^This.

Can't wait till she teams up with Touma :P

All the "antagonist" so far will suffer the Nanoha Befriending Syndrome. It's a must have in any anime that involves magic circles.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 21, 2010 10:20 AM

Sep 2008
Finally caught up after exam season. Looks like I didn't miss much. It was a pretty mediocre arc in the LN's and they can only work with the source material. Next week we can wrap this up and move onto the next one.

Wakka, I'm so glad someone finally pointed out the Nanoha Befriending Syndrome. Yes, that is the situation. It's why we have so many female villains that Touma has to punch. Because Kazuma understands the value of female characters. If touma only punched men then this would quickly turn into a sausage fest.
Dec 22, 2010 12:29 AM

May 2007
There should be a new op and ed next episode right ?

Dec 22, 2010 4:20 PM

Aug 2008
Himegami so much blood. T.T
Yeah Touma you punch that bitch Oriana. hard.
Dec 23, 2010 12:02 PM

Sep 2008
Vanisher said:
Marshy said:

god

you forgot the

Tsuchimikado: im gonna cast a spell
Touma: NOO YOU CANT , YOU CAN HURT YOURSELF

at least once per episode

Lol. Even better in the Ln's. No week long breaks or barriers between the incidents. Just a steady pounding for 2 volumes straight. By the end I was like "OK, I get it. Stiyl and Tsuchimikado are willing to hurt themselves to save lives, but touma hates to watch friends bleed. Can we move on?

Of course this was all compounded by the fact that he shouldn't even have been there. His job was to keep index busy and far away from any magic use so that no one monitoring her would notice that magicians had been deployed in Academy City, but no. Touma has to go running off where the action is, leaving Index unattended and possibly causing a calamity for Academy City once this secret operation is exposed, and now he's upset cause he's seeing shit he wasn't supposed to see. Touma's awesome and all, but moments like this just piss me off.
Dec 24, 2010 7:25 PM

Jun 2010
Inarius said:

What a chump! You should of at least shoved kokoro to make her fall from her wheelchair...god knows that bitch deserves it....you better redeem yourself in the next ep

EXACTLY. Goddamnit Touma no punch?.....no back-hand?! WTF Touma there better be a five-knuckled death-punch on the next episode to make up for the lost time damn it XDXDXDXDXDXD
Dec 29, 2010 1:53 PM

Jan 2009
And suddenly, the art quality drops below zero. Wow.
Not even my pretty Himegami looked as pretty as usual thanks to the stupid art D: HIMEGAMI! (屮゚Д゚)屮 DON'T THEY DARE KILL OFF MY HIMEGAMI! щ(゚Д゚щ)
Well, great BGM at least.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 5, 2011 4:27 PM

Feb 2010
This bloodfest cam kinda unexpected.

Also, this really is a harem.
Jan 5, 2011 10:46 PM

Feb 2009
This was sitting in my queue for over a week... *watches* ...

Himegami nooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... or awesome the kawaii tenshi thing
Jan 9, 2011 7:31 PM
Sep 2009
Fairly boring episode. I honestly don't even remember who Tsuchikmado (sp?) is from season 1... I need a refresher.
Mar 9, 2011 2:21 PM

Jul 2010
Nooo, poor Himegami! How could that bitch be so cruel to her?! T_T
More and more reasons to hate that freaking Oriana pop up.

Looks like the next one will be this arc's finale. Can't wait to see that bitch get shut up!

linnaes said:
I was pretty surprised at Touma's reaction (or rather lack thereof)
Touma has been through a lot already. Many of his friends have been on the brink of death so far. He must've gotten used to it.

Apr 7, 2011 11:49 AM

Mar 2011
When are we going to get Kanzaki going absolutly mental on the bad guys? Grrr...I feel like I havent seen her in ages!

Also, what are Touma's parents doing now he met them. Was he like 'oh hi mum, dad, by the way, gotta go' and runs off with a strange tall man with red hair!
Apr 18, 2011 8:01 PM

Feb 2011
let kaori fight with oriana..
Feb 12, 2012 3:10 PM

Jul 2010
Blackbird said:
Yeah too much blood spashing a normal person would die while losing so much blood.

Himegami :(

thankfully this is an anime
Dareus said:
If someone is wondering, the sms touma received was written in italian.

it says: "i quote here the informations that she (he?) found in the British Library"

o wow thianks

Apr 13, 2012 11:11 PM

Sep 2011
OH GOD MAMIKO NO

Apr 24, 2012 6:31 PM

Mar 2012
Inarius said:

I'm pretty sure he will by next episode! xD
May 10, 2012 1:00 AM

Aug 2009
Oriana that fucking bitch! Was that amount of violence even necessary? She didn't even do that much harm to her primary pursuers. She must have lost like 5 gallons of blood. WTF?!

And those fucking idiots standing around with frustrated uncertainty, arguing on what to do, while Himegami lies in a pool of her own blood, unconscious, possibly dead. Hello?! HELP HER ALREADY! Call an ambulance! Check her vitals! Put pressure on the wounds to stop the bleeding! CPR! Instead everyone just looks at her dying corpse and getting angry that she's dying.

I know the writers are going for the shock value, but I wished they would've added some common sense when writing this script. UGH!
May 26, 2012 11:57 AM

Jul 2011
Man the animation is really starting to suffer, did they run out of budget or something?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

54 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

175 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

136 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.