Forum Settings
Forums

If you could change one anime into being a hardcore ecchi, which one would you pick?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 15, 2:06 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to Jackson1333
Agree with all the Date A Live votes, it's actually going so far in the opposite direction. The first episode of the series is literally 5 minutes of imouto panty shots, then they slowly dropped the fan service to the point that in the most recent (not current) season, they actually dropped a recurring joke in the series where the girls freak out about being naked when their powers are sealed, and instead just had the girls clothed, as if that's how it always was.

I can get behind slowing down on the fan service if you are going to focus more on the characters and writing, but this show didn't do that... in fact the writing got even worse... so not only does it have bad writing, but it doesn't even have the ecchi anymore to keep it worth coming back too.
Jackson1333 said:
I can get behind slowing down on the fan service if you are going to focus more on the characters and writing, but this show didn't do that... in fact the writing got even worse... so not only does it have bad writing, but it doesn't even have the ecchi anymore to keep it worth coming back too.

Really?

I mean sure s2 and s3 were both a step down. as much as I like the series I think s3 in particular is pretty bad.

But the story has never been better, not even close. s4 and s5 have been by far and beyond so much better than everything before it in terms of story. the upgrade in animation, specially after s3 being.... well you've seen it, is also a huge upgrade.

This is not to say I disagree with date a live being a hardcore ecchi would make it better. I just disagree with the plot/writing getting worse (unless you mean s3)

Honestly though, this is an interesting concept, cause my favourite live action tv show black sails, started with a sex scene in pretty much every episode. but as it went on, and as the plot got more dense, and serious, it slowly faded both the comedy and the sex scenes. They were basically just click bait to get people to get through s1 which is the least interesting part of the story, and once you're invested, they deemed it unnecessary.

It's an interesting topic, to a much lesser extent this was what bunny girl senpai was as well.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 15, 2:10 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to APolygons2
FanofAction said:
You'd think with action series in general, things like clothing being torn up would be a given. However, I don't think OPM has enough female characters for it to make sense to go full fanservice. At least not from what I've seen so far.

As an advocate of true gender equality, I would not be against it having male fanservice as well.

I mean it's not like the same way the girls have hot clothing and designs, the guys aren't some of the most fit, and good looking male characters out there, with a notable amount scenes that have them being shirtless.
@APolygons2 I'm not against male fanservice, it's just not that interesting to me. Not even because I'm not into guys, but because I can see a fully shirtless guy or a dudes ass anywhere. Even Marvel movies will show that much. Thor and Hulks asses still haunt me.
May 15, 2:14 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to FanofAction
@APolygons2 I'm not against male fanservice, it's just not that interesting to me. Not even because I'm not into guys, but because I can see a fully shirtless guy or a dudes ass anywhere. Even Marvel movies will show that much. Thor and Hulks asses still haunt me.
@FanofAction I know I know I was mostly joking.

OPM hardcore ecchi would go hard though I stand by that. I mean you're right that there are very few female characters, but also, the few that are there are pretty damn.... how can I put this without sounding like a degenerate "good looking"
Also available at:

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 15, 2:23 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to APolygons2
@FanofAction I know I know I was mostly joking.

OPM hardcore ecchi would go hard though I stand by that. I mean you're right that there are very few female characters, but also, the few that are there are pretty damn.... how can I put this without sounding like a degenerate "good looking"
@APolygons2 Oh yeah, I'm not disputing that. I never would have thought I'd find a mosquito attractive until I watched OPM.
May 15, 2:24 PM

Aug 2011
Reply to deg
sailor moon and claymore comes to my mind fast
@deg most of the cast of sailor moon are minors. <b> red flag </b>
May 15, 2:44 PM

Sep 2018
There's definitely been more than a few shows where I've thought "this is a bit too boring, they should have gone all out with the fanservice instead", something like Dagashi Kashi or Spy Kyoushitsu. Maybe Princess Lover, thought they did make a couple of Hentai episodes from that show. I'm only thinking of anime that I thought were average/bad.

Some series that went full fanservice were a lot better than it's prequel IMO, I think of something like Maken-Ki S2, even though it's originally ecchi, they really turned it up in S2 and even discarded whatever plot there was IIRC lol.

And who the hell said Sailor Moon? XD Blasphemy lol
May 15, 3:08 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Talgikiwi
@Talgikiwi "red flag" you say? I hope that was ironic. I don't usually look into someones list as an argument against them...buuuut....I seem to see a number of titles on there that have high-school age or under characters in "suggestive" situations or revealing outfits. They may not all be the most "hardcore", but I wouldn't cast any stones...
May 15, 3:23 PM

Jul 2013
Probably Hyperdimension Neptunia because the all-female cast in it are actually likeable...unlike in most other anime shows...
May 16, 2:47 AM

Jul 2019
Reply to APolygons2
Jackson1333 said:

Really?

I mean sure s2 and s3 were both a step down. as much as I like the series I think s3 in particular is pretty bad.

But the story has never been better, not even close. s4 and s5 have been by far and beyond so much better than everything before it in terms of story. the upgrade in animation, specially after s3 being.... well you've seen it, is also a huge upgrade.

This is not to say I disagree with date a live being a hardcore ecchi would make it better. I just disagree with the plot/writing getting worse (unless you mean s3)

Honestly though, this is an interesting concept, cause my favourite live action tv show black sails, started with a sex scene in pretty much every episode. but as it went on, and as the plot got more dense, and serious, it slowly faded both the comedy and the sex scenes. They were basically just click bait to get people to get through s1 which is the least interesting part of the story, and once you're invested, they deemed it unnecessary.

It's an interesting topic, to a much lesser extent this was what bunny girl senpai was as well.
@APolygons2

You can find my main complaint in this thread I made after finishing the series. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2119740

Also, the last couple of episodes of season 5 (that came out after my initial post) have actually been pretty good from a writing standpoint (still not a fan of the stiff cg models in the fights though) So my opinion is improving. Doesn't fix my complaints of the series overall, but as far as the season goes, it's better.
May 16, 2:59 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to Jackson1333
@APolygons2

You can find my main complaint in this thread I made after finishing the series. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2119740

Also, the last couple of episodes of season 5 (that came out after my initial post) have actually been pretty good from a writing standpoint (still not a fan of the stiff cg models in the fights though) So my opinion is improving. Doesn't fix my complaints of the series overall, but as far as the season goes, it's better.
Jackson1333 said:
the stiff cg models in the fights though)

I mean, to be fair, S2 had very subpar action with little to no movement, and the action in season 3 was abysmal.

I would say the semi-jank cgi, is better than the characters barely moving.... or being in a slide show.

Also, I looked at the "complaint", and all I could think was... wait that's it?

I mean sure it's not an unfair complaint, but one minor character being forgotten isn't exactly a show ruining issue, specially when the bulk of it is season 3s fault, which sucks. That season is not good by any standard except maybe some parts of the climax.

I don't think many people in the audience even noticed it, I didn't until I read your post. She was unimportant enough that most people didn't even realize she was missing! I mean yeah she had "some intrigue" attached to her, but it wasn't that different from the main character's past, and it was brought up in s5 anyway.

Like you want to make complaints about date a live, complain about how absolutely stupid Origami's motivation for fighting everyone else in season 3 was, or how rushed the ending of season 3 was, or how terrible the animation of season 3 was.....

S4 and S5 have been really good, this is a minor issue at best, and it mostly applies to season 3 anyway.
Also available at:

May 16, 3:30 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Talgikiwi
@Talgikiwi new to anime? japan is sexualizing what the west calls minors very often just look at the amount of dojins and rule 34 of sailor moon and other anime with so called western standard minors have

and i grow up watching sailor moon girls being sexualize during the 1990s here in asia
May 16, 3:48 AM

Jul 2019
APolygons2 said:
but one minor character

I guess that's the difference, I don't see her a just a minor character. Not with how they introduced her and built her relevance to our main characters mysterious past. They were intentionally setting her up as a major plot point.

APolygons2 said:
S2 had very subpar action with little to no movement, and the action in season 3 was abysmal.

Maybe so, but poor cg models will always stand out way more. It far more jarring when the character models don't match with the rest of the show, and the characters have little to no facial expressions.

APolygons2 said:
Like you want to make complaints about date a live, complain about how absolutely stupid Origami's motivation for fighting everyone else in season 3 was, or how rushed the ending of season 3 was, or how terrible the animation of season 3 was.....

Yep, that was bad, I agree with all of your complaints. But I think the reason the Mana thing bothers me so much more, is because if feels like a series wide issue, which acts as a constant distraction, where the Origami thing felt more isolated to that season, so I could just forget it and move on.
May 16, 4:02 AM
Jan 2021
Amnesia. I never saw what it was based on, but from memory the anime was not good at all. However, I liked the character designs so I guess it would be better to plop them into an ecchi show instead of wasting them.
May 16, 4:47 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to tchitchouan
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue. This anime desperately needs some yuri action between the main female cast.

@tchitchouan You know, that show was really good, but had absolutely no reason to actually include these excessively skimpy outfits ><
May 16, 5:10 AM

May 2019
Reply to JaniSIr
@tchitchouan You know, that show was really good, but had absolutely no reason to actually include these excessively skimpy outfits ><
@JaniSIr If they didn't include the skimpy outfits, the anime would have become forgotten like Bakuretsu Tenshi.
May 16, 5:53 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to gunny92
Akiba Maid War
Date A Live
Girlfriend Girlfriend
Konosuba
More than a married couple but not lovers
gunny92 said:
Akiba Maid War

this was the FIRST anime that came to my mind

BUT theres COUNTLESS others
May 16, 6:04 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to tchitchouan
@JaniSIr If they didn't include the skimpy outfits, the anime would have become forgotten like Bakuretsu Tenshi.
@tchitchouan It's already forgotten anyway... And considering that it's an actually good show, the ecchi part probably just put off people who don't go out of their way to watch ecchi.

Bukuretsu Tenshi on the other hand just straight up fell off by the end, so disappointing.
May 16, 6:24 AM

May 2019
Reply to JaniSIr
@tchitchouan It's already forgotten anyway... And considering that it's an actually good show, the ecchi part probably just put off people who don't go out of their way to watch ecchi.

Bukuretsu Tenshi on the other hand just straight up fell off by the end, so disappointing.
@JaniSIr Well, it might be forgotten for general audiences but it's still remembered well within ecchi fan circles and one thing about us ecchi fans is that we are incredibly loyal to our favorite ecchi shows and we remember them and we rewatch them all the time and we buy their merch and optical medias, just like Agent Aika, Nijica, Eiken, it's better for a show to appeal to niche but loyal audience than a broad but disposable audience.
May 16, 8:35 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to JaniSIr
@JaniSIr

This is just a rumor I remember reading back in the early 2000s but apparently Satoshi Shiki the author of "Daphne in the Brilliant Blue" was inspired by watching Æon Flux back in the 90s. Judging by the characters costumes and even the character designs it's easy to see the similarities.
ColourWheelMay 16, 8:39 AM
May 16, 9:47 AM

Jul 2013
Probably Puella Magi Madoka Magica...because I would like to see cute anime girls doing lewd things hehehehehehe
May 16, 10:48 AM

May 2019
Reply to ColourWheel
@JaniSIr

This is just a rumor I remember reading back in the early 2000s but apparently Satoshi Shiki the author of "Daphne in the Brilliant Blue" was inspired by watching Æon Flux back in the 90s. Judging by the characters costumes and even the character designs it's easy to see the similarities.
@ColourWheel Oh yeah i can totally see that, there's so much resemblance between Aeon Flux and Yuu Park, especially in combat style and personality type.

I never known this but looking back it makes so much sense that daphne would have been inspired by Aeon Flux, i can't believe i never connected the dots.

May 23, 12:58 AM

Nov 2020
Probably something shit so that it could be barely watchable. Or maybe something that it actively ruins the show for it so I can watch loud funny people on youtube do funny rants about it.
May 23, 12:43 PM

Jul 2013
I draw and upload hardcore ecchi of anime girls btw...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime tropes - yay or nay

JoeChip - Yesterday

7 by CrimsonWanderer »»
1 minute ago

» One person's trash, is another person's treasure

JaaShooUhh - Yesterday

19 by LNW_R92CP »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Best samurai anime

JoeChip - Yesterday

15 by ST63LTH »»
27 minutes ago

» Character(s) you would wrestle with if they were real

IpreferEcchi - Jun 9

5 by ST63LTH »»
29 minutes ago

» Can someone please help me fine the name of an old anime ( no pics available)

Karimhi - Jun 8

20 by Karimhi »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.