Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 13, 2:07 PM

Sep 2023
At this point, why wouldn't Ayanokoji's father just expel him? They've already shown that they can manipulate any exam to prevent Ayanokoji from avoiding expulsion, even adding extra exams to expel students whenever they want. So why wouldn't his father just change one simple rule in that school, stating that without the consent of the student, he cannot be expelled, and then easily get him out of that school?
Mar 13, 2:11 PM
Jun 2023
* It appears from the comments of the commentators that there is a failure in transferring the plot of the story as it is in the book and manga to the anime, starting with the scene of the assault on the leader of Section A by the very arrogant director, until the chess game and even the participation of the other departments in alliances. Correct me if I am wrong.
* Despite that, the episode was enthusiastic and good. I don’t know how the C students will receive the defeat of Ayanakoji and the rest. Will the heroine lose her trust in him? Will he reveal the malicious principal? The important thing is that we see that I am the head of Section A. You are not that bad. She is working to destroy Aya Nakoji’s coldness to prevent the presence of the terrifying person who scares her father and is trying to Created by the father. Will the story of Ayanokōji turn into the master of darkness whose heart is crushed by the academy's harem? Hahahahaha. The end of the anime made me laugh with the sweetest laugh of any kawaii heroine in any anime.
Mar 13, 2:17 PM

Jul 2013
I don't know what to expect after that ending. koenji is still an unexplained sidekick. using him in the exam proofed again to be a bad idea. the whole purpose was again to show how smart and unpredictable he can be.
Mar 13, 2:40 PM
Jan 2024
Koenji real genius , he knows Last game battle is needed for sakayanagi & ayanokouji
Mar 13, 4:36 PM

Jun 2020
I tried to understand what moves were they making but i haven't played chess in forever and was too focused on the hands and dialogue

I knew Arisu wasn't evil but still her motivations were shockingly heartwarming
Mar 13, 4:53 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to phantomfandom
Does anyone keep track if the quotation at the beginning is actually related to the event in the episode or not?

But anyway, exciting episode. Even if it's really hard to see which relationship that involve Ayanokouji will lead to the romantic one. But it'd be interesting to see him interact more with Kouenji and Ryuuen.
@phantomfandom the quote is related to the white room and Sakayanagi's affection for Ayanokouji, different from her country.
Mar 13, 5:20 PM
Apr 2021
From the looks of it, Ayanokoji was forced to make a blunder in his last 2 move. the queen eating the rook is a big mistake. also sakayanagi seemed to want to check ayanokoj with one wrong move at the end, of course another mistake ayanokoji made was on his last move and checkmate in two moves. even though he sent instructions to use brilliant move
Mar 13, 5:41 PM
Dec 2017
it was good episode, but the story feel normal, no strategic moves or something behind the exams, only pure exam, i thinking too many for what will happen to this exam because i think its gonna big event since the episode is close to end season,
KiryuuinSatsukiMar 13, 7:10 PM
Mar 13, 5:42 PM

Apr 2022
mom: we have kuroko no basket at home:
Mar 13, 5:43 PM
Oct 2019
Final Exam start!!

So all this time Sakayanagi have a crush on Ayanokouji lol
Mar 13, 5:50 PM
Mar 2020
I loved this episode but wtf was that animation style change in the chess match scene???
Mar 13, 5:50 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Well that was a good episode. Sad to see that the new administration intervened in the game and caused Ayanokoji to lose the game, but it also makes sense why he didn’t say anything because it would’ve drawn more attention to himself and they went ahead at the end of the episode and recreated the same situation and he won so that’s all that really matters though these next two episodes are going to be interesting.
Mar 13, 6:45 PM
Aug 2018
good episode, bad chess game unlucky
Mar 13, 8:21 PM
May 2020
school is literally ayanakoji's biggest opp rn
Mar 13, 8:34 PM
Apr 2023
Yeah Sakayanagi is indeed the 'osananajimi'/childhood friend character of this story, and like his father, she aims to protect people like Ayanokouji from being 'weaponized' or even 'commercialized'. The Institution they are from is technically something like from the manga/anime 'Monster' where they groom children into the elite soldiers they can be. What's worse is that in Ayanokouji's case, they are meant to be commercialized by making the procedure standard so anyone can be made into geniuses/elites. But yeah this episode showed that Ayanokouji is not a genius made from a laboratory, rather like Sakayangi mentioned, he is really a true genius. And I suppose with her working hard to be on par with Ayanokouji and protect his humanity, she probably grew a liking to him over the years she is observing him and now it is revealed she is like someone who will prepare a battlefield for him to dominate. I can't wait what he'll do to the institution members in the school, but it is funny they still underestimate Ayanokouji, thinking that he is just an extra special highschool boy when they already are having a hard time disrupting his life. Looks like the last two episodes will be providing prelude to the 2nd year of their high school life - the new characters will start popping in soon.
Mar 13, 9:44 PM
Jul 2017
now my wonder is how would Ayanokouji do against " " or blank
Mar 13, 10:26 PM

Jul 2022
A glimpse into Ayanokouji's past and Sakayanagi's obsession with facing him stems from when she first met him in the white room.

The chess showdown between Class C, led by Ayanokouji, and Class A, led by Sakayanagi, was awesome. But props to Kouenji, because if he had put in the effort in his test, Class C would have won.

The OP during the chess match added a nice touch to the mental showdown between Ayanokouji and Sakayanagi. Unfortunately, Class C lost due to Tsukishiro manipulating the game.
Sakayanagi admitted that Ayanokouji is a true genius, even if an artificial one; plus, I think she's in love with Ayanokouji. I have no proof, but no doubts either.
Mar 13, 10:37 PM

Mar 2013
Weird CGI Chess game.

Anyway, someone needs a lot of headpats... 😭

Arisu also needs it and I'm definitely rooting for her success to capture Kiyotaka's heart. 😖
I'm loving Arisu's character so much... 🥰
CrazyButNot4UMar 13, 10:55 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 13, 11:12 PM

Aug 2022
Kiyotaka and Arisu is that humans are selected as people who are born geniuses. Not gonna lie, need more two of them. But this will be over soon.
Mar 13, 11:57 PM
Dec 2021
I'm chess player, and Ayanokouji's move was briliant
Mar 14, 12:00 AM
Apr 2022
ayy arisu becoming one of the best girls now
Mar 14, 12:08 AM
Aug 2023
Komlan_6 said:
school is literally ayanakoji's biggest opp rn

Ayanokoji’s biggest op is and has always been his own father
Mar 14, 12:14 AM
Feb 2024
That queen sacrifice was so obvious that it was a trap, any rookie would have realized that there was check in 2 moves, but I don't blame Horikita either, she had only been learning chess for 1 week and had little time left on the clock.
Mar 14, 12:24 AM
Aug 2023
So how did she go from someone who had that love & kindness in her heart to a bratty mean girl i will never know smh
Mar 14, 12:37 AM
Aug 2021
All my homies love Sakyanagi x Kiyotaka, truly the best ship undoubtedly. For a while before this, I believed she loved him, and I really hope they end up together despite Kiyotaka's emotionless and robotic existence. Many Sakayanagi will be the break to that as she has always wanted
Mar 14, 1:55 AM
Feb 2019
you can't hate Arisu Sakayanagi anymore ....
Solid episode with some surprises
Mar 14, 2:57 AM
Dec 2021
arisu x ayano epic episode want more waiting for season 4 confirmation
Mar 14, 3:21 AM

Dec 2017
Reply to LessThanAnimeFan
At this point, why wouldn't Ayanokoji's father just expel him? They've already shown that they can manipulate any exam to prevent Ayanokoji from avoiding expulsion, even adding extra exams to expel students whenever they want. So why wouldn't his father just change one simple rule in that school, stating that without the consent of the student, he cannot be expelled, and then easily get him out of that school?
@LessThanAnimeFan the ANHS principal/director isn't the authority. They are there to oversee and implement everything that happens, with permission and approval from higher ups.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Mar 14, 4:44 AM
Aug 2023
Shinji_Kenshin said:

False.

This was a solid episode but you can definitely continue to hate Arisu Sakayanagi. Like how did young Arisu grow up to be such a pill
Mar 14, 5:01 AM
Apr 2021
This episode was most definitely the best episode from this entire show THEY PLAYED THE OPENING SONG NOT JUST THE ANIME VERSION BUT THE FULL VERSION THAT SHIT GAVE ME GOOSEBUMPS ONG SHIT WAS SO HYPE HEARING THE SECOND HALF OF THE SONG I didn’t expect this studio to do some Haruka Mirai type shit😫🔥🔥🔥🔥

We got a glimpse into Ayaonkoji’s backstory in the white room and Sakayanagi watching him saying she won’t let a facility like that be commonplace was great to see, I knew from the beginning of this series that Sakayanagi was a good person😊

AHHHHHHH that post credit scene tho that shit had me all giddy and warmed up the inside I really hope we get more wholesome moments between Sakayanagi and Ayanokoji. Everyone thought Sakayanagi was annoying but nah she’s really just a sweet who was waiting for her childhood friend (crush) all these years just to give him a humans touch to warm up his heart I FUCKING LOVE HER SO MUCH MANNNN I deadass actually hope for Ayanokoji x Sayayanagi🥰💜🥰💜🥰💜🥰💜🥰💜🥰💜🥰💜🥰💜🥰💜🥰

I’m hoping for a slice of life type episode for episode 12 while ep 13 will end up as a cliffhanger for season 4🤩

Like just look at her smile man she’s so goddamn cute I need to stop fangirling but I can’t😭😫💜😍🥰
Treyv0nMar 14, 7:27 AM
Mar 14, 5:40 AM

Jul 2017
The 1st Year's Final Special Exam is where everything converges together: Ayanokouji and Arisu's history unveiled, as they do battle together, just like in the White Room.

The 1st subject out of 5: basketball, and at first, it seems far too easy, with Sudo being the critical link to Class C's victory... or in the psychological sense, close to defeat.
The other subjects out of the way: Typing battle, English and Mathematics (lost to Class A), Archery, and Mental Maths (especially with the aces Katsuragi vs. Koenji, though the former remains undefeated and the latter slacking his way through).

The 7th and final subject: Chess, it's the accumulation of the battle they had since when they're young. The parentless Ayanokouji being used as a lab rat to train Horikita to face Hashimoto Masayoshi in this 1-hour final test, it's a test of wit and emotions. The bigger picture is, both Horikita and Masayoshi are the Minor Pieces, of which the real battle lie with Ayanokouji and Arisu. Even as Class C lost with the lost time, the interference of the Chairman changing the helper code only makes things even more complex for what will come around in the future.

It definitely is an interesting battle between Ayanokouji and Arisu, two halves of the same inhumane experimental process, with a handshake to end their amicable conflict.

That's it for Volume 11, the finale Volume 11.5 is up to finish the 1st Year.
Mar 14, 5:46 AM

Jan 2018
A glimpse of young Sakayangi in the White Room is shown, quite interesting.

Well, it was a downer since there was an intervention. But, at least we all know Ayanokouji is still a goat when it comes to chess.

It was somewhat understandable since Ayanokouji just wants to live a normal life, referring back to the first season.

Although the past few episodes says otherwise. The power behind the throne is still there.

Sakayanagi giving warm vibes throughout this episode. Still rooting Kei for the win though.
Mar 14, 6:45 AM
May 2021
Reply to _Freeze_
I can't anymore jesus. The chess game at the end, she is supposed to be like amazing at the game but at least the final few moves were so bad it's kind of ridiculous, that she didn't notice they weren't ayanokojis. He is in a clearly advantageous position and then blunders mate in 3 just like that. Her reaction to that: yeah makes sense he is supposed to make no mistakes but blunder mate in 3 from a winning position yeah that checks out. like wtf. and also the quenn move is fuckin terrible. just like basically all the other moves. almost every move at the end is a blunder. i just can't that shit is so funny
@_Freeze_ yep lmao, how hard is it to get someone who knows chess to help? Or they could've just copied a real game between gms.
Mar 14, 7:14 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
I think it was okay for 1 episode, it feels average to me haha. I'm just biased i guess.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 14, 7:27 AM

Apr 2021
Mar 14, 8:07 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to Embient
Didn't expect a bit of Ayanokoji's past being shown now, nice.
We need someone who is knowledgeable about chess to analyze this game (or what was shown of it). I think it'll be interesting.
The full version of the OP played during the game. Pretty cool.
There is a long scene after credits!
Hmmmm, I can ship this. Sakayanagi sure act a lot cuter when she's with Ayano lol.

Btw I'm not an LN reader, but I read a bit of the scene with Ayano encouraging Hirata from last episode, and holy damn, anime Ayano and LN Ayano are totally different characters. In the anime it was like "yeah, another tool", but in the LN it was much more emotional, and Ayano actually felt like a good friend helping a good friend.
@Embient well the game itself looks like high elo, Arisu had a good position for offense and pinning knight F3 but it was kinda over when Arisu rushed her attack. It wasn't a bad move though, but she did not saw through the queen sac. Like Arisu was going all out even if it means to go down material to mate and it would work if there wasn't any material to sac to cover Rook G6 last attack cuz it was mate after King H1 Bishop F3.

Then after Queen sac Arisu is down material without any attacks to do, so it's Ayanokoji's win if game keep up.

And note that they took over a game that already started.

Conclusion : Arisu had a good attack but Ayanokoji probably saw through that final rook check (i mean for high elo it's kinda obvious) and tried to secure with that Knight trade + Queen E7 and basically smurfed by putting this queen sac as a trap for her attack. Even if she didn't fall into that trap, Ayano doesn't lose anything from this.

Ayanokoji's gameplan was really passive and "efficient" without taking really any risk

Ayanokoji the goat
TheDadiMar 14, 8:10 AM
Mar 14, 9:06 AM
Oct 2019
very good episode, even when he loses he wins hahaha
Mar 14, 9:27 AM

Jun 2016
getting addicted with arisu voices !!!

she is gorgeus girl !!
Mar 14, 11:19 AM
Jul 2017
Reply to TheDadi
@Embient well the game itself looks like high elo, Arisu had a good position for offense and pinning knight F3 but it was kinda over when Arisu rushed her attack. It wasn't a bad move though, but she did not saw through the queen sac. Like Arisu was going all out even if it means to go down material to mate and it would work if there wasn't any material to sac to cover Rook G6 last attack cuz it was mate after King H1 Bishop F3.

Then after Queen sac Arisu is down material without any attacks to do, so it's Ayanokoji's win if game keep up.

And note that they took over a game that already started.

Conclusion : Arisu had a good attack but Ayanokoji probably saw through that final rook check (i mean for high elo it's kinda obvious) and tried to secure with that Knight trade + Queen E7 and basically smurfed by putting this queen sac as a trap for her attack. Even if she didn't fall into that trap, Ayano doesn't lose anything from this.

Ayanokoji's gameplan was really passive and "efficient" without taking really any risk

Ayanokoji the goat
@TheDadi yeah, it was a chess club level play though, probably below 1700 FIDE ELO. Both Ayanokoji and Arisu played a little bit too tactically during the middlegame which was unnecessary. And this resulted in a lot of mistakes and inaccuracies appeared from both sides. Had they both played more positionally with patience, the level of this game would be much higher.

Despite that, most people who play chess for fun might not appreciate the beauty of positional play though. They would prefer watching games that are rich in tactics and sacrifices.

BigBlack111Mar 14, 11:29 AM
Mar 14, 12:07 PM

Jul 2021
what? sudden change in her whole everything i'll say. no more enemies i guess? it feels more like she wants to be good friends even. in that case i see nothing but good relations between class c and a.

also fuck that principal. can't wait to see the episode where justice is served.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 14, 12:17 PM

Feb 2016
The War of the Geniuses has come to an end.
Kiyotaka is out of this world. Man could destroy it if he wants it, but I don't think he have that ambition in his mind, so he's beating someone that approaches its power, IN CHESS.
White Room residents are capable of everything. And I think Kiyotaka would land to A-Class soon, at his second year.
What worries me are the principals, how far can they go in subduing Kiyotaka so that he can't continue with his plan?
How he can handle this power abuse? I'm anxious to see it.
Great to look both happy. With Sakayanagi's dream fullfiled, I guess she's taking his class to next level, right?
Bald guy seems that is important, and I don't know too much from him, so I'm interested in what is capable of.
I'll wait for the next two episodes, that is suppose to end first year arc.
GREAT EPISODE.
Mar 14, 12:36 PM

Dec 2020
Reply to _otaku_man00
is sakayanagi enemy or a friend, this episode it felt like she is into him and she wants to change him , I mean she know his past and all, i didn't expect this ,that they would be friends,even now i am confused like it this real or they are faking or manipulating eachother,😂,
@_otaku_man00 I am just as confused as you with the same questions
Mar 14, 1:54 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It ended well for his relationship with Arisu at least, the chess match was nothing special to be honest except for the higher ups cheating to make Ayanokoji lose
Mar 14, 2:04 PM
May 2018
Arisu is best girl
Mar 14, 3:01 PM
Feb 2024
Well, the only way Ayanokouji would lose was if someone intervened, it was still a pretty intense episode.
Mar 14, 3:29 PM
Jun 2021
_Freeze_ said:
I can't anymore jesus. The chess game at the end, she is supposed to be like amazing at the game but at least the final few moves were so bad it's kind of ridiculous, that she didn't notice they weren't ayanokojis. He is in a clearly advantageous position and then blunders mate in 3 just like that. Her reaction to that: yeah makes sense he is supposed to make no mistakes but blunder mate in 3 from a winning position yeah that checks out. like wtf. and also the quenn move is fuckin terrible. just like basically all the other moves. almost every move at the end is a blunder. i just can't that shit is so funny

Ye I just checked with stockfish, he basically blundered the position when the knight took the bishop instead of simply taking the rook.
What would be like really cool if that move was also made up by the principal ( like the last move)
which would make the blunders somewhat reasonable.
Mar 14, 4:03 PM
Jun 2021
Anyone else tripping about that chicks 180 degree mood change or is it just me? Seems like up until like that last scene between her and ayanokoji she was cold and calculating very similar to ayanokoji.
Mar 14, 6:01 PM
Aug 2021
everyone is behind the anayokojiconda, and I'm all for it
Mar 14, 6:18 PM
Feb 2019
Reply to Ugly11
Shinji_Kenshin said:

False.

This was a solid episode but you can definitely continue to hate Arisu Sakayanagi. Like how did young Arisu grow up to be such a pill
@Ugly11 you watched post ending right ?
i don't want to say match so not to spoil to anyone but i think she cares a lot and admires him
she also wants her dad to be proud sooo i don't know dude why you still hate her
Mar 14, 6:34 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to MegamiRem
Small Sakayanagi kawaii, in sailor uniform no less. She's a girl in love or what. That post credit scene was just so good, love her. Need more Ayanokouji x Arisu. Also I hope that piece of shit new guy suffers, so annoying.
@MegamiRem oshi no ko is ☠💀
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 3

203 by Jonsitoa »»
Yesterday, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

185 by obstinix »»
May 27, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 31

155 by Ittan_Momen »»
May 22, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 21

211 by KinjiKido »»
May 21, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17

105 by Alex_TheForest »»
May 13, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.