Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 14, 6:11 PM
Aug 2023
I think the first guy who replied to you is completely how I feel, especially for a lot of people who want a bit more action in anime series, given that it's a fantasy. Watch until episode 10 and if you still find it boring, then I suggest you put it on-hold if you ever feel like watching it later or drop it completely. Episodes 8-10 cover a really good arc.
Feb 14, 7:53 PM
Mar 2023
OKBUCK610 said:
ejleon said:

Current #1 anime on MAL - SOUSOU NO FRIEREN

You: “This is boring, seems like a waste of my time”

I don’t think it’s the anime that’s the problem here.

If you lack the patience to watch all the episodes the #1 rated anime, then it’s you man.

SOUSOU NO FRIEREN is not boring at all and not a waste of time.

I agree it is very good and through 4 episodes am very entertained but there is no such thing as universal quality in media. There may be mass consensus on many shows and movies but there will always be people who aren’t entertained by something for one reason or another.

Yes, unfortunately some people are unable to realize a masterpiece when they see it. There’s plenty of generic anime out there for them.
Feb 14, 7:54 PM
Mar 2022
ejleon said:
MEMORYno1 said:
I've watched four episodes and it's pretty good but it feels as if nothing much is actually happening. Is there there a point where things get a bit more exciting? I just don't know if it's worth my time if I wont get to enjoy it more.

If you lack the patience to watch all the episodes the #1 rated anime, then it’s you man.

man's gave his opinion. no need to get butthurt about it. someone's #1 anime could be very different than someone else's. also I highly doubt this will stay #1. recency bias is always crazy on these big popular anime. so far I've watched 9 episodes of this. it's enjoyable, nothing special but it doesn't need to be. I'm kinda finding it hard to keep on watching and I might just watch it in the future.
Feb 14, 7:54 PM
Mar 2023
Please don’t disrespect Frieren like that.
Feb 14, 8:03 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to Nocturne18
@Chronon Thanks for the reply. I guess I was expecting a bigger plot to happen at some point in the anime but it's more slice of life than I thought . There's a lot of people that really seem to be enjoying the anime and I'd love to enjoy it as well so I think I'll give it a few more episodes.
Some folks would get pedantic AF 'round here, but yea it is like Slice of Life.
Feb 14, 8:22 PM

Apr 2021
arc1only said:
ejleon said:

man's gave his opinion. no need to get butthurt about it. someone's #1 anime could be very different than someone else's. also I highly doubt this will stay #1. recency bias is always crazy on these big popular anime. so far I've watched 9 episodes of this. it's enjoyable, nothing special but it doesn't need to be. I'm kinda finding it hard to keep on watching and I might just watch it in the future.

Only people that say “butthurt” are silly immature unintelligent infantile airheads.

Grow up
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Feb 14, 8:34 PM
Jun 2022
It's not the first time I saw the post like this. What with you people? I was already into this show from the beginning, and by the way I don't even considered watching this at the first place. I just heard some good stuff about this anime and that's got me onboard.
Feb 14, 9:05 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to ejleon
MEMORYno1 said:
I've watched four episodes and it's pretty good but it feels as if nothing much is actually happening. Is there there a point where things get a bit more exciting? I just don't know if it's worth my time if I wont get to enjoy it more.

@ejleon i DO find it boring tho and i'm someone who watches all kinds of anime.

And idk what does it being #1 have anything to do with someone's patience.
Feb 14, 9:19 PM
Sep 2021
It will never get interesting lol
Feb 14, 10:50 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to ejleon
arc1only said:
ejleon said:

Only people that say “butthurt” are silly immature unintelligent infantile airheads.

Grow up
@ejleon I never use the word "butthurt" cause its a weird dumb word but I just thought that you were the incarnation of the word itself.
Feb 15, 12:29 AM

Apr 2021
TRC_Randy said:

My point was actually addressing those who are to lazy to watch all the episodes and just ask what happens in future episodes, so it’s their impatience that is the problem.

But I’ll tell you what the OP told me “you are mixing up patience with preference”. If you just don’t find it to your own personal preference, I’m not going to tell you something different, it’s just not for you.

Personally I found it to be one of the best shows I have watched and at least top 10 anime so far, but that’s me.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Feb 15, 12:34 AM

Apr 2021
TRC_Randy said:

The word implies that I’m personally and unreasonably hurt by something said.

My message did not imply anything personal about me and I reasoned that a #1 show does not seem to be boring to the majority that voted.

Therefore the word did not apply to me.

Feb 15, 1:11 AM
Feb 2018
Around second 2 or 3 of the first episode.
Feb 15, 1:18 AM
Dec 2017
If you don't like it from the start, it's not for you.
Feb 15, 5:40 AM
Mar 2016
MEMORYno1 said:
I've watched four episodes and it's pretty good but it feels as if nothing much is actually happening. The story is less eventful than I expected. The anime is listed as adventure-drama-fantasy shounen but seems to be slice of life more than anything. Does it get a bit more exciting or is it more of a chill anime to enjoy in a different way? I just don't know if it's something I currently want to get into or something I'll come back to some other time.

It’s not an action series, if you’re looking for bombastic fights and nail biting drama look elsewhere. This story is about the characters and the passage of time. Go watch my girlfriend turned me into a banana peel in another world or something 💀
Feb 15, 7:32 AM

Jul 2021
ladymomochan said:
MEMORYno1 said:
I've watched four episodes and it's pretty good but it feels as if nothing much is actually happening. The story is less eventful than I expected. The anime is listed as adventure-drama-fantasy shounen but seems to be slice of life more than anything. Does it get a bit more exciting or is it more of a chill anime to enjoy in a different way? I just don't know if it's something I currently want to get into or something I'll come back to some other time.

It’s not an action series, if you’re looking for bombastic fights and nail biting drama look elsewhere. This story is about the characters and the passage of time. Go watch my girlfriend turned me into a banana peel in another world or something 💀

haha, you got potential to be a great mangaka nowadays, if you write a manga with that name you are guaranteed an anime adaptation
Feb 15, 9:06 AM

Sep 2020
Quite a lot of interesting stuff has happened in the space of 4 episodes. Like Frieren knowingly getting played by Heiter when she decides to teach Fern magic and translate that grimoire, exploring Fern and Frieren's bond, lots of subtle comedic scenes, and a ton of heartbreaking moments(for the audience) that have defined Frieren's life in a way that she had never expected. Just might not be for you. Give it a few more episodes and then drop it if it's still not doing anything for you.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Feb 15, 9:50 AM
Jul 2023
MEMORYno1 said:
@Bolona07 Thanks for the input. The first half of your reply made sense, then you mentioned this tik tok thing and brains. I mean I don't know what tik tok is but that would make us perfect friends because you don't know what brains are.

Seriously though why reply if you're just going to be rude for no reason.

Wasn’t trying to be rude, I read through my reply and I can see how that seemed aggressive.
If you seriously don’t know what Tik Tok is, it’s an app similar to youtube that is made up of ONLY short videos. The short videos and the ability to get indefinite content through simply scrolling through videos damages attention span, which many people call “Tik Tok Brain.” Basically, people who are affected like that have a hard time getting invested in a slow pace show so I simply meant that if somebody have a short attention span they might not enjoy the show.
Sorry if it was taken personally
Feb 15, 9:21 PM
Jul 2018
It was interesting from the very beginning
Feb 15, 9:46 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to renz330
ladymomochan said:
MEMORYno1 said:

haha, you got potential to be a great mangaka nowadays, if you write a manga with that name you are guaranteed an anime adaptation
The amount of power fantasy sludge must have dulled my senses cus I unironically thought that manga title was real 💀
Keep scrolling
Feb 16, 1:11 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to RobertsahDHDA
The amount of power fantasy sludge must have dulled my senses cus I unironically thought that manga title was real 💀
@RobertsahDHDA ikr it sounds like a totally ordinary isekai manga title.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 16, 3:14 AM
Nov 2019
Katsuma Ogura ( Manga Editor Sousou no Frieren) :

" I think the story focuses on the idea of death, so I think one of the things that they tried to do is to carefully depict the fact that death is something that everyone is actually familiar with. I think there is a sense of positivity and affirmation when you delve a little deeper into the story, and I think Yamada-sensei was very conscious of this when he wrote it, and although it’s a sad story, it’s very pleasant to read and somehow gives you a sense of light and runs towards emotions and life. It is a sad story, though. Personally, I think it’s a work that captures and conveys interest in people and humans.

The moments that you realize that someone irreplaceable is no longer there and the emotions that you face just as that realization settles. I think it’s rare to find a work that carefully depicts all of this in an isekai fantasy world. It’s a beautiful thing and I think it’s precious, and I think Yamada-sensei and Abe-sensei have created a work that illuminates such moments beautifully to pass this idea onto the readers. "

https://web.archive.org/web/20210414110250/https://mangaplanet.com/qa-session-with-sousou-no-frieren-editor/
Feb 16, 3:53 AM

Aug 2020
Ahhhhh these threads... Ahhhhhh these threads bruuuuuh

Feb 16, 4:21 AM
Mar 2015
I found it become better after episode 5. I started watching it to see if it is as boring as some people said. The first episodes are slowpaced. But not boring. If you want more action you need to have more patience with this show.
ElsmandearkaFeb 16, 4:26 AM
Feb 16, 5:33 AM
Nov 2018
Its a slice of life... is slow... the focus is not the big fights ... the focus is the side quest🤣🤣🤣🍿
Feb 16, 6:23 AM
Jun 2021
I really like coming of age stories personally, and as a fan of anime, you see a lot of those, told in different ways, this is the first anime however where the coming of age story is for a mature adult audience I feel. Nothing wrong reliving your high school stories for that hit of nostalgia, but frieren is a breath of fresh air when it comes to a story that feels like a coming of age story for people later in life. I have laughed, cried, and throughly enjoyed every intentional moment in this show! Even the quiet moments are filled by your own emotion if you allow it to.
Feb 16, 6:29 AM

Jul 2023
I like it so much, but it's not something I would expect to be popular, let alone be no 1 in MAL. (But I'm glad it's no 1 nonetheless.) A person like you disliking it means you prefer straight adventure and action which is something Frieren does not give. It's trying something different.

Many episodes are slice of life-like. Others are merely characterisations given by flashbacks, flashbacks, and even more flashbacks. At the beginning of Frieren, I was surprised that the episode started after Frieren et al defeated the Demon King. (Huh? Why?)

But as episodes went on, we get to learn more of them, even though they're dead. They continue to influence the present. Basically, it's present action, flashback, present action: rinse and repeat. (I'm just at Episode 14 when I wrote this reply, so please bear with me if there's any information I miss from the following episodes.)

There are subtle emotional moments in these flashbacks that evoke nostalgia. Add to that, you can extract some life lessons from these episodes.

Case in point, the end of Episode 10 is great. Although Frieren and her opponent are capable of epic battles, this show execute things differently. From what I saw so far, it doesn't use tension-inducing music. Without elaborating how, Frieren (the character) chose to follow 'the principle of least effort.'

I found this quote relevant: “Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

One applies to Frieren and the other to Stark. Once you connect the events of Frieren the anime to so many concepts (i.e. the elements of regret, nostalgia, been there done that, the will to believe, etc.) and how they execute it, you may find it enjoyable.

Another thing I have to say is that it reminds me of modernist, stream of consciousness novels, where the plot is secondary and the prose reigns more supreme. Yes, Frieren has good use of show-don't tell, but the emotional effects of Frieren is comparable to what these modernist novels give, novels that use tell-don't show.
patkarununganFeb 16, 7:07 AM
Feb 16, 7:25 AM
May 2023
episodes 1 to 4 are mainly just exposition.
Feb 16, 7:50 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
If you ever asked that kind of question then Frieren isn't your kind of anime,

better drop it and move on.

you wouldn't find your favorite non-stop actions with self insert character and friendship power here.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 16, 9:48 AM

Aug 2016
Aa far as I'm concerned, episode 29
:v
Feb 16, 3:28 PM
Nov 2016
This anime is mostly Slice of Life so if you aren't into that genre (like me) then you won't enjoy a good chunk of the anime, that doesn't make the anime bad, it's just not my cup of tea.

With that being said, to me this anime started slow and boring and got A LOT BETTER in the Demon arc in episodes 7-10 since shit finally started happening there (and boy, it was really good!), and then in episode 11+ it got boring again with the Slice of Life crap, and then it got good again in the newest arc in episode 18+ since shit finally started happening in this arc, it's not better than the Demon arc but it's still good, and episode 23, in particular, is pretty good, it's my favorite episode so far outside of the Demon arc episodes.

In conclusion, it's a nice anime, overrated as hell for sure but it's nice enough to get an 8/10 from me so far.
Feb 16, 4:47 PM
Jan 2022
People don't appreciate Slowburners anymore, I guess.
Feb 16, 4:51 PM
Jan 2022
ejleon said:
suffixomatic said:

The mals ranking system is flawed, so you can't just say because it's number 1 that makes it good.
don't get me wrong, I like the show, but I don't think it's the best anime ever made.

I agree with you, the MAL rating system is flawed, there are 4 Gitama on the top 10 list which is just strange since it’s such a weird show, so I don’t follow it for that reason.

But I was actually referring to when you write a review for an anime on MAL, it has a number of categories listed to judge an anime, and going by those, I think this anime makes the top 10, if not not #1.

I think the current MAL top ten has anime that don’t deserve to be in there.

You have garbage random isekai favorites in your profile, of course you won't understand Gintamas greatness.😂
Feb 16, 5:43 PM

Apr 2021
Ripperdoc said:
ejleon said:

I agree with you, the MAL rating system is flawed, there are 4 Gitama on the top 10 list which is just strange since it’s such a weird show, so I don’t follow it for that reason.

But I was actually referring to when you write a review for an anime on MAL, it has a number of categories listed to judge an anime, and going by those, I think this anime makes the top 10, if not not #1.

I think the current MAL top ten has anime that don’t deserve to be in there.

You have garbage random isekai favorites in your profile, of course you won't understand Gintamas greatness.😂

How good or bad the isekai are has nothing to do with how good or bad Gitama is, so you are not making any logical sense.

I’m going to give Gitama another try, but your opinon of the show is irrelevant.

Feb 16, 5:49 PM

Feb 2019
Just stick to JJK and chainsaw man. This clearly ain’t for u
Feb 17, 2:44 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to xZabuzax
This anime is mostly Slice of Life so if you aren't into that genre (like me) then you won't enjoy a good chunk of the anime, that doesn't make the anime bad, it's just not my cup of tea.

With that being said, to me this anime started slow and boring and got A LOT BETTER in the Demon arc in episodes 7-10 since shit finally started happening there (and boy, it was really good!), and then in episode 11+ it got boring again with the Slice of Life crap, and then it got good again in the newest arc in episode 18+ since shit finally started happening in this arc, it's not better than the Demon arc but it's still good, and episode 23, in particular, is pretty good, it's my favorite episode so far outside of the Demon arc episodes.

In conclusion, it's a nice anime, overrated as hell for sure but it's nice enough to get an 8/10 from me so far.
@xZabuzax Hi thanks for the reply. After watching eleven episodes I'll have to agree with you on this one. This anime simply might not be what im looking for at the moment but still the rating doesn't seem realistic.
Feb 17, 4:10 PM
Mar 2017
For me after episode 5
Feb 17, 5:17 PM
Jun 2013
Dude watched 4 episodes full of adventure, drama and fantasy but he came to the conclusion that is a slice of life series? Damn man, did you actually watched it or played the episodes while doing something else?
Feb 17, 7:48 PM
Dec 2020
Personally, I think it got interesting before it even aired. I watched the trailer, read the description and got really interested, and then it got even more interesting with every passing minute. But if you didn't get hooked from day 1, or even after 4 episodes, that's fine. Just drop it, because it's not suddenly going to turn into Naruto or Dragon Ball or Gundam, or any other anime that you personally like. Everyone has their own taste and no one is forced to like the same things other people like. No one will judge you if you just quietly walk away. Well, some people will, but their opinions are the ones you should be least worried about.
Feb 18, 10:18 PM
Jan 2022
ejleon said:
Ripperdoc said:

How good or bad the isekai are has nothing to do with how good or bad Gitama is, so you are not making any logical sense.

I’m going to give Gitama another try, but your opinon of the show is irrelevant.

Most of your favorite animes tell me you don't have taste. Of course good/bad isekais have nothing to do with Gintama being good/bad, I agree. I only said you wouldn't understand Gintama's greatness, because of your favs. It was not surprising at all for me.

Hey, I have nothing against Isekais in general. Some of them are really good, but the majority is garbage trash, like the ones in your favs. Like for example Arifureta. What in the world did you like in Arifureta, that it made you mark as a fav? All I saw was horrible CGI, copy-paste "story", degenerate parts.

The isekai genre got so bad and consistently plagues seasonal releases. It's everlasting presence suggests that somebody out there is consuming this stuff in enough quantity to sustain the entire market. It's cause of people like you.

With that said, I never talk about tastes cause it's not really my style and a fool's errand, but maybe consider revising your favs so you don't get judged for it. Put up some quality isekais like Mushoku Tensei, Konosuba or Isekai Ojisan (haven't seen it yet but I heard good things). If you are totally serious about Arifureta being in your favs, take off your Granpa's thick glasses and watch it again and tell me what was it you liked about it.
Feb 18, 11:43 PM
Oct 2019
good question, op. because the first episode started out...odd?

literally a minute into the episode (not including the op credits/song) and a character is discussing with the elf how time/lifespans are vastly different between the races. then just 3 minutes after that, the elf is seemingly oblivious to the difference in aging between the races. and that's after having spent the last decade together. it just makes no sense

it kind of turned me off, and i haven't gotten back into it since
HagePotPotatoFeb 18, 11:52 PM
Feb 19, 2:43 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Ripperdoc
ejleon said:
Ripperdoc said:

Most of your favorite animes tell me you don't have taste. Of course good/bad isekais have nothing to do with Gintama being good/bad, I agree. I only said you wouldn't understand Gintama's greatness, because of your favs. It was not surprising at all for me.

Hey, I have nothing against Isekais in general. Some of them are really good, but the majority is garbage trash, like the ones in your favs. Like for example Arifureta. What in the world did you like in Arifureta, that it made you mark as a fav? All I saw was horrible CGI, copy-paste "story", degenerate parts.

The isekai genre got so bad and consistently plagues seasonal releases. It's everlasting presence suggests that somebody out there is consuming this stuff in enough quantity to sustain the entire market. It's cause of people like you.

With that said, I never talk about tastes cause it's not really my style and a fool's errand, but maybe consider revising your favs so you don't get judged for it. Put up some quality isekais like Mushoku Tensei, Konosuba or Isekai Ojisan (haven't seen it yet but I heard good things). If you are totally serious about Arifureta being in your favs, take off your Granpa's thick glasses and watch it again and tell me what was it you liked about it.
@Ripperdoc

You purposely brought up my favorites in a failed attempt to belittle me and discredit my words, and now you are adding ageism, how pathetically lame and disgraceful.

Since you brought it up, I can say the opposite about you, since you prefer Gintama (with sophomoric humor) and Attack on Titan (one of the worst story plots I have ever seen in anime) in your favorites, which made the isekai anime in my favorites look like 10 Masterpieces in comparison, it means you have terrible taste in anime.

You are obviously biased against isekai with your typical and predictable “Arifureta is bad” “surface level similarities” “CGI is bad” “high horse morality” “recent iseaki are trash” “other genres are better”, talk about being a mindless gullible pawn following the haters crowd and repeating all their irrational claims.

You are one arrogant jerk to believe your opinions are so important, and to not only judge me based on anime I like, but to even tell me to change the anime in my favorites.

Know this, you opinions and judgements are completely irrelevant, and all you have done is make yourself look awful.

Feb 19, 3:02 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to HagePotPotato
good question, op. because the first episode started out...odd?

literally a minute into the episode (not including the op credits/song) and a character is discussing with the elf how time/lifespans are vastly different between the races. then just 3 minutes after that, the elf is seemingly oblivious to the difference in aging between the races. and that's after having spent the last decade together. it just makes no sense

it kind of turned me off, and i haven't gotten back into it since
@HagePotPotato

I believe those are different events that happened at different times, but not presented in chronological order, done for some “artistic” reason.

I’m not saying that it is good, I’m saying I understand that it’s confusing.

I wish they would have done things differently.

Feb 19, 1:28 PM
Jan 2022
ejleon said:
@Ripperdoc

You purposely brought up my favorites in a failed attempt to belittle me and discredit my words, and now you are adding ageism, how pathetically lame and disgraceful.

Since you brought it up, I can say the opposite about you, since you prefer Gintama (with sophomoric humor) and Attack on Titan (one of the worst story plots I have ever seen in anime) in your favorites, which made the isekai anime in my favorites look like 10 Masterpieces in comparison, it means you have terrible taste in anime.

You are obviously biased against isekai with your typical and predictable “Arifureta is bad” “surface level similarities” “CGI is bad” “high horse morality” “recent iseaki are trash” “other genres are better”, talk about being a mindless gullible pawn following the haters crowd and repeating all their irrational claims.

You are one arrogant jerk to believe your opinions are so important, and to not only judge me based on anime I like, but to even tell me to change the anime in my favorites.

Know this, you opinions and judgements are completely irrelevant, and all you have done is make yourself look awful.

@ejleon
Still defending your terrible trash favs by denying the greatness of AOT or Gintama, but hey you can do that to if it makes you feel better. I am not gonna get offended like you, if you talk trash about them.

Imagine the audacity a person can have to put Arifureta in fav after having watched hundreds of animes.🤣 Make your list visible for others, so I can roast more of your horrendous taste.

PS: You couldn't even answer my questions about Arifureta. I just noticed you have a mean score of 9+. Critical judgment doesn't seems to be your strength, when you give almost every anime a 10.
RipperdocFeb 19, 1:44 PM
Feb 19, 2:53 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Ripperdoc
ejleon said:
@Ripperdoc

@ejleon
Still defending your terrible trash favs by denying the greatness of AOT or Gintama, but hey you can do that to if it makes you feel better. I am not gonna get offended like you, if you talk trash about them.

Imagine the audacity a person can have to put Arifureta in fav after having watched hundreds of animes.🤣 Make your list visible for others, so I can roast more of your horrendous taste.

PS: You couldn't even answer my questions about Arifureta. I just noticed you have a mean score of 9+. Critical judgment doesn't seems to be your strength, when you give almost every anime a 10.
@Ripperdoc • If you were paying attention to what I wrote, you would have noticed that I did not defend my favs, including Arifureta, and I also don’t need to defend my “mean score” either.

But you read like you watch anime, never paying attention or following the main story, so you missed the main points.

It is not that I couldn’t answer your question, it is that I don’t need to waste any of my time trying to explain to an unintelligent arrogant airhead jerk like you, who acts like the typical mindless bully in every anime, trashy character and ugly attitude, believing they are so important, when their very existence is wasted on them.

As I said, your opinions and judgments are irrelevant, so no need to “get triggered” or “get offended”, or waste any more of my precious time in the day after responding to you.

At this point, it really seems like you are desperate for attention, but all I can tell you is “Get a life”.

Feb 19, 3:04 PM
Jan 2022
ejleon said:
@Ripperdoc • If you were paying attention to what I wrote, you would have noticed that I did not defend my favs, including Arifureta, and I also don’t need to defend my “mean score” either.

But you read like you watch anime, never paying attention or following the main story, so you missed the main points.

It is not that I couldn’t answer your question, it is that I don’t need to waste any of my time trying to explain to an unintelligent arrogant airhead jerk like you, who acts like the typical mindless bully in every anime, trashy character and ugly attitude, believing they are so important, when their very existence is wasted on them.

As I said, your opinions and judgments are irrelevant, so no need to “get triggered” or “get offended”, or waste any more of my precious time in the day after responding to you.

At this point, it really seems like you are desperate for attention, but all I can tell you is “Get a life”.

Yeah, yeah. Won't change the fact your taste is appalling.😂
Feb 19, 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
If you don't enjoy it after a few episodes, you won't. This is quite slow-paced and introspective.
removed-userFeb 19, 3:10 PM
Feb 19, 3:27 PM

Apr 2021
Ripperdoc said:

Yeah, yeah. Won't change the fact your taste is appalling.😂

Won’t change the fact, that your opinion is irrelevant.

Feb 21, 12:04 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to ejleon
@HagePotPotato

I believe those are different events that happened at different times, but not presented in chronological order, done for some “artistic” reason.

I’m not saying that it is good, I’m saying I understand that it’s confusing.

I wish they would have done things differently.
@ejleon hmm. maybe. but i thought the first one is as they're coming back into the city/capital after their 10-year quest. and then the second one was maybe a few days later, when they were all together as part of some celebration/banquet for their conquest?

after my prior post i did go back and watch part of the end of the first episode. the new character that was introduced made me think there might be potential here. while i'm sure it's not actually a 9/10 series like its MAL rating (there are very few shows worthy of being 9+ imo), i'm more likely to give it a second chance in the future
Feb 21, 1:01 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to HagePotPotato
@ejleon hmm. maybe. but i thought the first one is as they're coming back into the city/capital after their 10-year quest. and then the second one was maybe a few days later, when they were all together as part of some celebration/banquet for their conquest?

after my prior post i did go back and watch part of the end of the first episode. the new character that was introduced made me think there might be potential here. while i'm sure it's not actually a 9/10 series like its MAL rating (there are very few shows worthy of being 9+ imo), i'm more likely to give it a second chance in the future
@HagePotPotato • I just watched the first episode again. The wagon and celebration scenes don’t explain the difference in ages of each being. After Frieren leaves, Himmel & Heiter discuss how time “50-100 years” must seem different to elves. It’s not until the funeral that Frieren really thinks about the differences in ages and is filled with regret for not getting know Himmel more.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Sousou no Frieren" Adult Adaptation has been announced ( 1 2 )

deg - May 16

53 by Ionliosite2 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Will Season 2 be just as good?

GoatPieceLuffy - May 22

29 by Pinoffin »»
4 hours ago

» A question about Himmel (spoiler)

ColourWheel - May 22

12 by sjabeen »»
Today, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

285 by MasterK »»
May 22, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

821 by corvKa »»
May 22, 2:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.