Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shangri-La Frontier
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 25, 2023 6:29 AM

Dec 2022
Well this was quite the fun and interesting episode.
Is nice to see Sunraku having fun with his friends, albeit is a little strange that instead of grinding for more levels he decided to play bugged games.
Dec 25, 2023 7:26 AM

Nov 2022
Excited for the Whetermon fight. Boss fights are always fun in games.
Dec 25, 2023 12:13 PM

Sep 2020
watching this ep on christmas just made the ending sm better :>

Dec 25, 2023 1:17 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to katakumplat
Well this was quite the fun and interesting episode.
Is nice to see Sunraku having fun with his friends, albeit is a little strange that instead of grinding for more levels he decided to play bugged games.
@katakumplat He already grinded to level 51. The bossfight caps everyone at level 50, so there's no reason to keep climbing. He is going back to this fighting game to hone his reflexes for the bossfight to come.
Dec 25, 2023 2:11 PM

Jul 2016
And here I thought Rei started stalking Sunraku in other virtual worlds lol. But yeah, now I wonder who that new player might be.

Rei eating Sunraku's cake was lols.
Dec 25, 2023 6:22 PM

Mar 2007
Another Excellent episode, I really like that Sunraku's family makes it a point to eat together, otherwise they would spend all their time on their individual passions and never be together as a family. That is nice.

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate.
Dec 25, 2023 9:51 PM
Mar 2019
Pretty much a filler episode, but I did like the family dynamics.

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

Dec 26, 2023 7:07 AM

May 2021
rei is so cute and delulu, love her sm!

Dec 26, 2023 4:31 PM

Nov 2009
The MILF is ok, but I am more into the Lil'Sis, she seems quite interesting, tho maybe a bit too normy.

Since she's mainly into normal stuff like outdoors and fashion.

on that note, Towa Amane... isn't that... OH SHIT...

Pile Bunker eh... I was for sure it was going to be "Gomu-Gomu" LOOOOL

But... how exactly is he going to train for the SLF's boss by playing a different game... one that uses glitches no less... cause SLF has next to no glitches...

You would think he'll be training in SLF with his avatar to get a better feel and movement from the actual SLF game and not in a different game...

BTW... stalker girl... LOL, is she trying to write Real World letters that invite the MC to play together in SLF?... but she never told Sun who she is in either Real and Game... it would be REAL awkward to suddently get a letter that said, "thanks for adding me to your friend" from someone you barely talks with in Real and Game. Dude probably won't even know what it means, cause MC plays tons of games and probably gets other friends in it.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 26, 2023 4:49 PM

Nov 2013

his sister looks interesting, need more scenes with her :v
Pencildragon pictures are very nice, she is a good model

lol at her ingame, going mad at the 1st sign of shit talking from mc, but then being all happy cause they are as baka as her
the npc girl tho, sad story, even Pencildragon was moved
also, wtf, i can't with the part where she was dragging the king and the princess ... WHAT? HAHAHAHA

Saiga at the end was so funny with the cake
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 27, 2023 2:55 AM

May 2015
Gosh, this fighting game is really made with the ass !
Dec 27, 2023 1:16 PM
Aug 2021
I'm so annoyed that there is a hiatus😐. So he knows her real identity. He is smart for training in another game.
Dec 27, 2023 4:10 PM
Dec 2023
Can't wait for the next episode
Dec 27, 2023 9:44 PM
Oct 2019
Pencilgon can be cute too..

Finally Rakuro family scene.
definitely a normal family for sure.

Damn Rei down bad bad...
Dec 28, 2023 5:55 PM
May 2023
Dec 29, 2023 2:10 PM

Nov 2015
nostalgic my gamer child
Dec 29, 2023 2:28 PM
Jun 2012
I love how they keep integrating some of the other games.

Especially as connection to Pencilgon.

Plus Sunraku's clear knowledge of her in IRL. Was cool to see confirmed finally.
Dec 29, 2023 3:06 PM

Nov 2011
Go, guys, prepare for fight! I know what i'm gonna do tomorrow :) Geeeemu
Dec 29, 2023 8:57 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to Bandanaa
@katakumplat He already grinded to level 51. The bossfight caps everyone at level 50, so there's no reason to keep climbing. He is going back to this fighting game to hone his reflexes for the bossfight to come.
@Bandanaa

He could have gone to different areas to get different extra items (the fact that he added throwing knives in the last couple of episodes is a good example). He could have used different scenarios to try out new moves or a combination of them to create different outcomes with different terrain or different variables (air, temperature, weather, etc). Heck, he could even practice combining attacks, hence he's so fucking stupid he skipped the tutorial that explains how to use them (smart players would have found out this in a couple of days in comparison with a moron like Sunraku that has been playing for weeks).

MMORPGs are more than just grinding, you know.

It doesn't make any sense to go to a completely different kind of game to "hone his skills". Imagine going to play Street Fighter 6 to hone your skills on Valorant.
KimurahDec 29, 2023 9:04 PM
Dec 29, 2023 10:21 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Kimurah
@Bandanaa

He could have gone to different areas to get different extra items (the fact that he added throwing knives in the last couple of episodes is a good example). He could have used different scenarios to try out new moves or a combination of them to create different outcomes with different terrain or different variables (air, temperature, weather, etc). Heck, he could even practice combining attacks, hence he's so fucking stupid he skipped the tutorial that explains how to use them (smart players would have found out this in a couple of days in comparison with a moron like Sunraku that has been playing for weeks).

MMORPGs are more than just grinding, you know.

It doesn't make any sense to go to a completely different kind of game to "hone his skills". Imagine going to play Street Fighter 6 to hone your skills on Valorant.
@Kimurah I didn't say anything about honing his skills. I said hone his reflexes. He picked a reaction-heavy game in anticipation for the fight to come.

Besides, I also suspect he just had the itch to play that game again. Sometimes you just get a whim to play something else. He's been grinding SLF like crazy, so I'd say he's allowed to take a break from SLF and play a different video game for once.
Dec 30, 2023 11:21 AM

Jan 2021
Fun episode even if it wasn't action packed. The backstory was awesome and we even got to see a new side of Pencilton. Lots of goof-ball moments between the new crew.

I actually liked how we seen Sunraku log off from his game world. Makes him feel more like an actual person with a life outside of video games. We even get to see his entire family this time and that was such a treat. We also see him in the fighting game again to work on his bug reaction skills. Looks like next episode will be him fighting the newbie and the start against they're fight with Weathermon.
Dec 31, 2023 9:40 PM
Jun 2022
They bouta get packwatched by Wethermon
Jan 1, 2:19 AM
Apr 2022
Setsuna's DLC sounds really tragic... I kinda like it!!
Jan 2, 6:16 AM
Mar 2012
ah gamers who speedrun vs scavengers searching hidden levels.
nice Setsuna scenes. which Cinderella? mc has 2x what?
Sunraku & Katzo so silly.
Family seems fun. Saiga so funny this time. cute xmas greetings.
Jan 2, 3:02 PM

Apr 2010
this show is getting so fucking boring. Even Shield hero is better than this.
The fact that these "NPC" behave like real people is plain dumb. Hope there's some kind of explanation.

Also, he won't ever remove that idiotic bird mask am I right?
Jan 3, 9:22 AM
Dec 2022
Tha pacing is kinda slow in the last couple of episodes, but its just buildup for the fight. The fight is gonna be epic!
If not, I will be dropping this.
Jan 4, 2:05 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bugs in the Beserk play online!!! Hilarious!!
kekeke
Jan 7, 4:10 AM

Oct 2017
She called Lycagon kuro chan and Emul Cinderella's daughter, interesting. Pencilgon getting embarrassed and blushing is super mega cute. Wonder what Sunraku's sister reaction will be if she ever found out Towa Amane is her bros gaming buddy.
Jan 7, 7:10 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to Bandanaa
@Kimurah I didn't say anything about honing his skills. I said hone his reflexes. He picked a reaction-heavy game in anticipation for the fight to come.

Besides, I also suspect he just had the itch to play that game again. Sometimes you just get a whim to play something else. He's been grinding SLF like crazy, so I'd say he's allowed to take a break from SLF and play a different video game for once.
@Bandanaa

He plays a dex build that's based on quick reflexes. Honing his reflexes is honing his skills. The same way a ping pong pro would hone his skills by practicing solo and improving his reflexes. You just want to play with semantics for the sake of not being called out.

Also, the fighting game they played didn't have anything to do with reflexes, but it was about exploiting in game vulnerabilities, which will be useless since SLF is allegedly a polished game with no such things.
Jan 7, 7:26 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Kimurah
@Bandanaa

He plays a dex build that's based on quick reflexes. Honing his reflexes is honing his skills. The same way a ping pong pro would hone his skills by practicing solo and improving his reflexes. You just want to play with semantics for the sake of not being called out.

Also, the fighting game they played didn't have anything to do with reflexes, but it was about exploiting in game vulnerabilities, which will be useless since SLF is allegedly a polished game with no such things.
@Kimurah He said that he's going to BERP to work on his reflexes. Whatever he's been farming in SLF isn't fast enough to compare to what he's trying to prepare for, so he's looking into other games to fill that gap.

Besides, it's very normal to hop onto your old favorite games every once in a while. You don't wanna burn out on what you're playing right now, AND he still has 2 weeks to burn. There's no reason a ping pong pro can't take an off-day during his tournament prep. And even if you argued that point -- Sunraku's not a professional. He's having fun over the summer in a new game. Obviously he's taking it seriously, but there is zero reason he can't fuck off for an afternoon. This is a story about his gaming life, and BERP/Dragonfly will evidently be relevant again in the future.

You're just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking, because you can't just drop the show. Instead you have to come back every week and complain about non-issues.
Jan 19, 9:58 PM

Dec 2013
Sunraku and Katzo roasting Pencilgon was a funny moment. Especially the Grinch comparision.
Feb 5, 2:53 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Pencilgon would've sure love red dead redemption 2

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 6, 4:58 AM
Oct 2023
Bagus banget ni anime
Feb 7, 8:01 PM

Feb 2019
Sunraku, Pencilgon & Oikatzo's trio, plus Emul, makes for one wacky party lol
Feb 13, 8:03 AM

Jun 2019
Rei stuffing her face into Sanraku's cake was hilarious. LMAO.
Feb 13, 8:45 AM
Apr 2016
Is anything going to happen in this show?
Feb 25, 1:20 PM

May 2020
Plenty of things again this episode. 

I mean characters again talked, wethermon's name was again mentioned(for the 1000th time), we saw them going over the comparisons between god tier and trash tier game, and there was that opening song and ending song too.. yeah. 

By the way, in the midst of pretending that something actually was happening, good that we got confirmation the main guy's family ACTUALLY exists.
Apr 1, 4:52 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The new quest seems very interesting, especially nice to see Arthur feeling compassion for a NPC lol, that was fun. Also first time we saw Sunraku's IRL family they all have their special hobbies
Apr 11, 9:53 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to Ashhk
The new quest seems very interesting, especially nice to see Arthur feeling compassion for a NPC lol, that was fun. Also first time we saw Sunraku's IRL family they all have their special hobbies
@Ashhk this reminds me Demikas from Log Horizon when in s2 he had NPC wife when before he used to torment players and NPC's, ofc in that world they were not players and NPC's lol
Apr 19, 5:58 PM
Mar 2019
I Love Red Spider Lilies.
Apr 26, 11:41 AM
Aug 2023
Wait, the MC knows Pencilgon is a famous model IRL? I would have expected the MC to not know of the model, and then accuse Pencilgon of stealing the model's likeness for her avatar. I'd also expect Pencilgon to not tell the MC about her personal details IRL, otherwise it could get awkward if she was going around telling people online she was a famous model IRL.
May 17, 1:49 PM
Mar 2022
w anime, i recommend
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31

109 by Pfoica »»
Yesterday, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Abysmally slow pacing is ruining the anime

GangsterCat - Nov 19, 2023

40 by Tetraquads »»
May 28, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18

91 by Huperchild »»
May 21, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24

60 by KyoyaTempest »»
May 19, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 11

156 by Akapilka »»
May 15, 8:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.